Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Handa-kun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 22, 2016 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, it's a Handa army LOL

Got some funny moments with fortune telling. I love how this show has all sorts of gimmicky characters especially the student council president. 7/10. I wish the show got a better budget but they adapted most of what I had wanted so I'm satisfied with that.
Sep 22, 2016 10:23 AM

Nov 2007
Delinquent group bought that manga. lol @ those "niku" girls appearing at random scene. Wow, Handa-kun clones? Uranai girl did them and they are actually afraid. SuzuKen's character's school students are there, too. Those two schools fight "in front of" Handa-kun. lol @ misunderstanding that made up those two schools. Night part starts.

lol~ the bishoujo club awarded for club award. Handa-kun's class awarded for class award, that means he has to comment. The friend guy requested him to give that crown, followed by other classes. Fans think he cannot be Handa-kun's friend. Very messy. He shows Handa-kun that he is actually admired, instead of being hated.

ED showing everyone turning back with Handa-kun (like SuzuKen's character ver.).
tsubasaloverSep 22, 2016 11:29 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 23, 2016 3:32 AM
Aug 2015
Nice ending.. I like how Handa finally realized that everyone actually loved him, no hate to him.. Damn Kawafuji trolled Handa for a long time lol

Barakamon was better than this, but it's still a good anime.. first 3 or 4 episode were bad, but the rest were ok..

7/10
Sep 23, 2016 4:45 AM

Jul 2015
And now going to re-watch Barakamon for more HandašŸ˜
Sep 23, 2016 7:24 AM

Feb 2010
Tbh i love this more than Barakamon, even some scenes in manga is better than anime ver.
8/10

i just love Handa.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Sep 23, 2016 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
Handa finally realized that everyone loved him!
Sep 23, 2016 6:25 PM

May 2012
Ohhhhh what a great and a bit of a heartwarming ending. The ending, too, with Handa turning with everyone with his slight blush. Just realized that he never fully turned in the other endings, while a doll of him fell down as if his followers "protected" him from behind like they kept doing throughout the anime lol Still don't understand why they evaded him like that though but eh

I was scared it was gonna be lame with nothing resolved for Handa, but it was nice to see that he finally realized that he's actually popular and liked.

7/10 from me
OlemSep 23, 2016 6:43 PM

Sep 23, 2016 6:30 PM

Jan 2012
And so the cultural festival, and series, ends rather fittingly: by burning Handa in effigy. XD At the risk of sounding like a broken record this series was what was expected from the beginning: a standard school comedy, humorous enough to receive a standard 7/10 good score. It's a shame that it's related to Barakamon, the best anime of all 2014. This series is inferior to it in every positive way. I still wish we'd gotten Barakamon Season 2 over this, there's enough material for one, but oh well.
Sep 23, 2016 7:31 PM

Oct 2012
Wow after the first ep I honestly wasn't expecting to come to like it as much as I did. It was a fun ride and boy am I glad that it ended with him actually seeing that he wasn't hated.

This series had such a large cast of side characters but without a doubt my favorite was Eraser, gosh she was such a funny and cool girl xD
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Sep 23, 2016 7:37 PM

Dec 2014
That was a really great ending.

In general, this series was either a love it or hate it in terms of the anime community. It's not Barakamon, but its great in its own little ways, and I really enjoyed it.

9/10 (Yeah I gave 3 9s today (for this, Amanchu, and Momokuri). Plz don't judge me)
Sep 23, 2016 8:01 PM

Jan 2011
I was expecting him to suddenly think they hate him again.

Sep 23, 2016 8:05 PM

Dec 2014
Fitting finale to the show, Nothing special but it was nice seeing Handa's walls finally break. It's nice that it didn't end with Handa thinking he was still hated.

I was sure Kawafuji was gonna pull some kind of major stunt given the mischief maker he is but it was cool to see him help Handa notice that he wasn't hated.

Overall, Barakamon was undeniably better but Handa-kun wasn't bad at all. The comedy was good for the most part and character actions were often amusing to watch.
7/10
Sep 23, 2016 8:11 PM

Jul 2016
Now I am worried for Handa's safety. Imagine all these fanboys appearing in Barakamon, that is going to be some explosive shit.

Pretty good series a great cast and consistent comedy. 8/10 A little behind of the main series but still pretty good.
Sep 23, 2016 8:25 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I wasnt sure about Handa-kun in the first 2 - 3 episodes but after that it won me over and just got better each episode !
I was at a point where the ending could make me keep a 7/10 or finally giving it a 8/10 and man, i really loved that ending.
Really good final !

Barakamon is still better tho.

8/10
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 23, 2016 8:29 PM

Mar 2013
alright I'm going to be honest if they decide to make an adaptation of that manga staring female handa not going to lie I would watch that immediately in fact I hope it does happen in the future. moving on to the sadness it's the last episode and I wish it wasn't. I loved how the moment they were about to reach peace ERASER showed up and killed the leader thus allowing peace between shiro and kuro high. I have to say when the crowd started chanting handa it looked like they were going to sacrifice handa I think it had something to do with the bonfire. I have to say kawafuji showing up to ruin everything and start a riot as well showing handa the truth that he isn't hated was my favorite scene the added god rays to the helmet was a nice touch.

even though it wasn't funniest episode it was still very enjoyable especially when handa realized he would have been killed if he got on top of that giant handa but no seriously that whole ceremony looked like they were planning on sacrificing handa. overall I enjoyed this I still would love to see a sequel to barakamon but this wasn't bad in all honesty it's funnier than barakamon but it doesn't have that lasting appeal that barakamon has and I would absolutely rewatch this.
Sep 23, 2016 8:51 PM

Apr 2014
Really fun anime to watch

The comedy was pretty good

Sep 23, 2016 8:55 PM

Dec 2014
the ending was actually good Lol.... I hope they make an Ova episode...which shows events after handa's discovery of his popularity
Sep 23, 2016 8:56 PM

Jun 2008
I'm so glad he found out they didn't really hate him! I was worried he was never going to know.

I thought this show was a lot of fun. one of my favorites from this season.

7/10
Sep 23, 2016 8:59 PM

Jul 2014
Ahh that was a nice ending, I'm glad that Handa eventually figured it out. Laughed out loud a couple of times this episode too, esp. at Elizabeth I's "cease your fighting" to Shiro and Kuro High, and the giant Handa thing burning.

8/10, now give me a Barakamon sequel
Sep 23, 2016 9:07 PM

Mar 2010
enjoyable watch

Now i understand why he turn out that way in Barakamon
Sep 23, 2016 9:22 PM

Aug 2012
This steadily got better in every aspect as it went, the comedy got better and better, and we had actual progression at the end. With what little expectations I had for this going in and through the first 3 or so episodes, it was a pleasant surprise, 7/10.
Sep 23, 2016 9:56 PM

Jun 2014
Overall a decent anime, but Barakamon was soooo much better!

Overall a 7/10! Now give me a second season of Barakamon and I will be happy!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 23, 2016 10:01 PM

Jan 2015
That fight between Kuro and Shiro High, it just stopped the moment Handa appeared and "Bang" his line. Perfect timing. LOL
Even though after the truth's revealed, Handa still don't understand about it, or maybe he does? Oh well. At least Eraser still standby over "there".
And that animated ED, no more doll. It's Handa smiling. So sweet. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 23, 2016 10:22 PM

Nov 2012
I love how the ending this time didn't make Handa's friends transparent, as it shows how he finally realizes they were beside him the whole time. Also, Kawafuji's included this time (the guy who literally trolled him throughout his whole school years).

Although at first I really was afraid the story might end without Handa realizing everybody loves him. Thank God it didn't happen!!!

A really beautiful finale, one of the most enjoyable series from this season for me!
Sep 23, 2016 10:30 PM

Feb 2012
Still kinda feel sorry for Handa as he pretty much went who knows how long believing in what Kawafuji said but I guess things turned out well for him anyway.
Sep 23, 2016 11:36 PM

Nov 2013
It's a beautiful end.. Lol'ed at the dying message by Kuro High's leader and the fortune teller when she read Rai's fortune.. And the other students' reactions when Handa's class was announced as the winner are really priceless.. XD
But., one thing still bothered me.., is the perm girl's hair really got cut for Handa's wig?
Sep 24, 2016 1:26 AM

Jun 2015
That was a really strong ending. Now I wanna see the events between this and Barakamon.
:)
Sep 24, 2016 1:47 AM

Apr 2015
I guess I can say that it already started last episode but it feels like they have no more source material anymore. While they are trying so hard to display Handa as he was before they have basically made him a different character. It like they changed what the anime was about. From a good situational comedy anime to an anime which tries to feature as many characters as they can while making all of their actions flat.
Basically what I'm thinking is that the ending doesn't do Handa-kun any justice.
Oh no, i don't have a signature! What am i gonna do?
Sep 24, 2016 2:10 AM

Feb 2015
I really love the way they ended it! ∩(ļø¶ā–½ļø¶)∩
Sep 24, 2016 2:23 AM

May 2010
I am so glad they managed to give it a satisfying end. I almost got teary-eyed when Handa smiled in the end, also when he said "ah so that's how they see it..."
I got annoyed at pretty much the whole cast multiple times (more at some, less on others. and yes, that includes Handa) but the last 4 episode have been pretty good. and this one was easily the best one.

6/10. It's... good. It got on my nerve multiple times, but it had a good ending and it gave a good message (tho I would have rated it higher if, at least some, if not all really got to know and appreciate Handa for who he is. But oh well) Kawafuji was nice for once. Though I wanted him to apologize, but I guess that's out-of-his-character. And I swear Handa loves him or something, he's so gullible when it comes to him. He said they like you, and suddenly, Handa was like "ah so that's how it is..." I mean, ye he acted a bit more sensible in the last arc, wondering why is everyone being nice to him. and that maybe its different from how it is. But still. Gah.
This Handa is okay, I can feel him but he has his flaw as well. I like the more developed one in Barakamon a lot better. I'm glad he's turned like that.

Satisfying (despite being nerve-wrecking many, many times)
Sep 24, 2016 3:20 AM

Feb 2013
Cool last episode, finally he realized that they didn't hate him.
Sep 24, 2016 3:31 AM

Jun 2013
Tbh honest, I wasn't a fan of the misinterpretation gag being the only basis of the comedy. The more the same scenario keeps happening with no progress to the central character the more it got to my nerves since there was a lot of "ifs" to drive the story every single episode plus the "sucking" up characters who gets recruited into the Handa army ends up becoming one-dimensional in the long run after their inspirational turnaround.

BUT they stuck the landing for actual progress which I wanted to see for Handa after all of this rinse and repeat for 12 episodes. Of course I still love Barakamon's Handa way better but I still kinda wanted the spinoff series to scratch that itch that Barakamon gave me in terms of what I can describe as "heart" in an anime. Maybe its because the story's purpose is different and I'm looking in the wrong places but this show still bothered me by all of its repetitiveness with little differences in between. A solid 5 or a low 6 is what I'll give it because the ending was something I wanted in a long time with similar comedies.
Sep 24, 2016 4:24 AM

Jun 2010
I've been waiting all this time for Kawafuji to be included in the ending sequence and their excuse to finally do it does not disappoint. The anime was a fairly amusing time-waster, nothing particularly awesome nor awful about it, but the ending is indeed the best part about it. The moment Kawafuji suddenly interrupted the Helmet Ceremony, I knew it wasn't gonna go "and he never learned the truth" way.

Time to rewatch Barakamon. As if I needed an excuse.
Sep 24, 2016 5:29 AM
May 2016
Why it has to end????
I want moreeeeeeeeeee
Sep 24, 2016 5:39 AM

Sep 2015
that's a satisfying ending
I don't think we can compare Barakamon and Handa-kun, but this anime is a good one

8/10
Sep 24, 2016 6:07 AM

Aug 2013
aaah, the ending was so nice! i loved it!
this anime was hilarious, even though it didn't live up to the hype of barakamon. but still, a great watch

8/10
Sep 24, 2016 8:05 AM

May 2015
An ok finale.

The comedy in the anime version was a hit or miss for me. I honestly enjoyed the comedy in the manga a little bit more. Nonetheless, the show was still enjoyable, mostly.

7/10.

Sep 24, 2016 8:31 AM

Dec 2013
To be honest they started the series pretty poorly, what with the first episode being what it was, but they did well to come back from that and remained entertaining throughout.

The ending was fitting as he finally got to understand his classmate's feelings for him, though I have to say that the misunderstandings by his classmates throughout the year led them to having a much better image of him than he really should have had.

All in all an entertaining and fun show.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 24, 2016 9:21 AM

Jul 2011
Better ending than I expected. I'm really happy that Kawafuji finally told him the truth.
Sep 24, 2016 9:49 AM

May 2013
Barakamon was better, but this was good as well. If Barakamon is a 9, this an 8.
Sep 24, 2016 9:53 AM

Apr 2016
is anyone other than handa in barakamon?
Sep 24, 2016 11:13 AM

Jun 2016
DarthWeeaboo said:
is anyone other than handa in barakamon?

There's Kawafuji XD

This really enjoyed the comedy in these episodes...so gonna miss them
Sep 24, 2016 11:52 AM

Jun 2015
This was such a great anime. Handa was a very relatable character so I gave it a 10... Now I'll watch Barakamon to see what Handa's like as an adult.
Sep 24, 2016 12:06 PM

Jun 2013
that was funny and nice
Sep 24, 2016 12:40 PM

Nov 2011
Lovely end and that last smiling blushing face was a killer.
To be honest I feel like I only started to enjoy the anime when it got to the parts I haven't read yet, but it was still good. I'll be happy to read what happened in the last eps in the manga.
Also it's a good time for me to restart reading barakamon now that there's a lot of chapters translated.
8/10 We love Handa
Baby, daijobanai...
Sep 24, 2016 7:58 PM

Apr 2015
This show is an example of one that get better as the series progresses. I thought it was crappy to begin with, but ended up liking it quite a lot.
Sep 24, 2016 8:54 PM

Mar 2013
8/10 enjoy it but not as much as Barakamon.
Sep 24, 2016 10:48 PM

Dec 2012
ERASER X Librarian Girl OTP

For a moment there, I thought the Student Council President was going to propose to Handa at the closing ceremony, or something.

EDIT: By the way, rewatching that first part of Episode 1 after this one makes it a lot funnier, now that we know all the characters.
TulicloureSep 24, 2016 11:10 PM
Sep 24, 2016 11:43 PM

Jan 2014
that was actually a really good ending to this show :D

Beside Re Zero this was anime of the season
Sep 25, 2016 12:43 AM
Jul 2018
we need a spinoff of /sfx/ ERASER!!!!

7/10, btw
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Handa-kun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2016

94 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 15, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Handa-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2016

184 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 15, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Handa-kun Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

63 by Wonderlust_Arte »»
Feb 13, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Handa-kun Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2016

46 by RGreatDanton »»
Nov 22, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Handa-kun Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2016

88 by RGreatDanton »»
Nov 19, 2023 9:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.