Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 8, 2016 10:58 AM

Apr 2008
ichii_1 said:
>butthurt manga elitists XD

The author is involved and makes everything better paced unlike the manga that just jumps into constant battles.

Ur opinion of course.
Jun 8, 2016 11:28 AM

Apr 2014
GundamSoul said:
ichii_1 said:
>butthurt manga elitists XD

The author is involved and makes everything better paced unlike the manga that just jumps into constant battles.

Ur opinion of course.

Except he's right. The manga has terrible pacing issues.
Jun 8, 2016 11:30 AM

Apr 2008
Z4k said:
GundamSoul said:

Ur opinion of course.

Z4k said:
GundamSoul said:

Ur opinion of course.

I would say the same about the anime.
Jun 8, 2016 11:59 AM

Mar 2016
I was expecting for Subaru's abilities to be butchered, like Shimon's from episode 5, but surprisingly she got more action than him even though this episode was the same amount of quality

Makes me excited to see her demonstrate her weapons in the manga
Jun 8, 2016 12:03 PM

Mar 2016
ichii_1 said:
The author is involved and makes everything better paced unlike the manga that just jumps into constant battles.[/img]

He designs the major characters and that's it. His only job and you assume he does everything.

I think the manga's pace is just fine. There's enough space inbetween the action and there's only been a few battles, actually. At least the transition into the action feels more natural compared the anime, especially in this episode when Magano's atmosphere just appeared out of nowhere all of a sudden. The anime actually has its own pacing problems as well; it drags out all the parts with original content and then condenses and rushes the action/parts that follow the manga. Yes, the adaptation is not supposed to be a 1:1 adaptation or whatever but all these plot changes and changes in animation quality are making it seem like the show is just loosely based on the manga rather it being an adaptation.
LulupusJun 8, 2016 1:35 PM
Jun 8, 2016 12:08 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty boring episode tbh, with mostly date-related stuff to further the relationship between Rokuro and Benio. Subaru seems like a cool character and seeing her in action for a bit was kind of nice (and she's voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro so now she's automatically 10 times better). Other than Subaru's moments, I didn't really care for this episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 8, 2016 12:17 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I like the development going on for Rokuro and Benio. So i'm not one of those who dislikes the changes.
Jun 8, 2016 12:17 PM

Jan 2014
I'm usually not one that complains about animation quality, but this episode... well let's just say that you can see they've been crunching to reach deadline, because nearly all facials in this episode were really bad.. The worst kind i've seen so far. Usually a few frames or scenes may be bad, but this was pretty much the whole episode, with the exception of a few close-ups O_O;

beside that I don't have much to say about the episode.
CandyFaceJun 8, 2016 12:21 PM
Jun 8, 2016 1:09 PM

Sep 2014
The animation felt pretty bad this episode, and inconsistent.

Also the action scenes felt really static, I mean it looked like one of those mobile FPS games where you stay in one spot and shoot shit. I guess this anime doesn't do action well, always feels like I'm watching the same thing since ep 1.
Jun 8, 2016 1:34 PM

May 2012
Eh. I enjoyed the episode even if it wasn't all too plot-focused. We get more development in Benio and Rokuro's relationship at least. I like those two new characters.

Goku said:
The animation felt pretty bad this episode, and inconsistent.

Erm.. I really, really agree. It was a pain to look at, tbh, and I'm not really one to point out how bad the animation is, but it was pretty bad in this case and damn obvious at that. Like, what the hell, Rokuro was talking towards the end with his lips opening but his teeth still shut. Looked awkward as hell

I also agree about the actions scenes. There was absolutely nothing exciting about it, and I couldn't really understand just how powerful she was. It was literally just a wall of blob getting decimated.

Jun 8, 2016 1:51 PM

Mar 2016
Olem said:
There was absolutely nothing exciting about it, and I couldn't really understand just how powerful she was. It was literally just a wall of blob getting decimated.

the blob of impurities are at the bottom of the risk/danger level hierarchy, according to how impurities are ranked in the manga, so seeing a Heavenly Commander decimate them is nothing terribly impressive.
What's even less impressive is that Rokuro and Benio couldn't handle their own against such weak enemies.
Jun 8, 2016 2:06 PM

Aug 2014
While I enjoyed the episode overall and thought it was rather good, I thought the fight scene with the guns was just kind of lame
Get your shit straight Brenda
Jun 8, 2016 3:29 PM

May 2015
More Rokuro and Benio fluff this week. I like it when we get a bit of romance and light-heartedness in this series. I guess Pierrot wants to show their talent for SOL. Honestly, whenever they go anime original with this, the things I end up liking are the character interactions and anything other than when they try to be serious. The action in this series just isn't my favorite aspect. Especially the AO action. But I do agree that expanding on a character, Subaru in this case, whom was never properly introduced in the manga (going on what other people have said) is actually a good decision on Pierrot's part.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jun 8, 2016 4:29 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
It is a good thing my comment is going to be buried off the first page......I disliked this episode enough that I bounced through a lot of it. I really disliked the naive date scenes. 30 seconds spent on stuttering comments of holding hands, telling your training master (who saved your butt) to get out of your house, and the tired ploy of males not being able to follow map directions just didn't make me like this anime episode.

Two things were pleasant/interesting:
1. Blonde of the 12 Guardians.....nice voice acting.....shapely.......and mostly adult thinking.
2. The car driven by the above character......very much like a Talbot Lago.....and just like the driver: very shapely
Jun 8, 2016 4:36 PM

Mar 2009
That is one very refined and badass woman.

Anyway, looking at the comments in the thread, I guess I'm alone in thinking this series has slightly improved. *shrugs*
Jun 8, 2016 4:43 PM

Oct 2013
Idk about this; I hope it gets better
Jun 8, 2016 5:09 PM

Jul 2015
Decent episode. Not too sure why everyone's so obsessed with the fact that the anime adaptation should follow the exact same route as the manga. The manga is better, but the adaptation isn't so bad. It definitely shocked me to see another Heavenly commander. Glad she's working on bringing to the two of them together heh C:

caught in the wonder
Jun 8, 2016 7:51 PM

Jun 2013
well we're back to being generic and boring i guess
Jun 8, 2016 9:20 PM

Aug 2013
Benio really is very cute, besides, I really like her personality, well, I like the Rokuro's personality too, and now the adaptation is going for a different way than I was wondering, I hope not turn a generic romantic comedy, but I look forward to this development, only what bothers me a bit is to show that Rokuro and Benio are very weak and powerless, and they do not seem thus in the manga ..

Jun 9, 2016 4:31 AM

Aug 2015
Breadcrust eating guarding is by far my favorite character now, cute expressions and doesn't talk. The show needs more characters that either don't talk or at least talk less shit than all the characters.. Finally got more or less comfortable with our 2 main characters, even though I find Rokuro to be annoying as ever.
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
Jun 9, 2016 9:07 AM

Jan 2014
Twin Star Fanfiction
MagicalMahouJun 9, 2016 9:18 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2016 9:59 AM

Jul 2008
komic said:
the problem is the author might have a different plan for her. that doesn't make a adaption that makes a original story.

Usually, the authors cooperate with the Animation Studios when major Anime-Original material is used.
In other words, it would not be unusual if she starts using the exact same techniques in the Manga.

GundamSoul said:

I have read the manga so I know it is all filler. And Rokuros arm is explained in the manga.

A filler is an episode/chapter of a story whose sole purpose is to delay the story-telling. Often misused by Anime community for all Anime-Original material because that's what AO material is most often used for.

But this isn't pointless. The whole purpose of this training is so that

The Manga itself is too darn rushed and could have used some slower story-telling in many of its parts, this being one of them.
Jun 9, 2016 1:00 PM
Mar 2016
Boring........................................................
Jun 9, 2016 1:17 PM
Mar 2009
Amusing date but irritating story-wise.

Like I said about the episode where the move into the house, I dislike these forced situations to jam to people together just because someone else wants it.

Two kids with a serious desire to defeat a bad guy and instead of training to fight, they train them to date. poorly. It's a nicer way I guess than strapping the kids down in a lab and turning them into baby-making machines, and the offspring fights the uncle. That might be a watchable series actually.

Have no clue as to why they won't train-up Rokuro to match Yuto. They both have similar (seemingly) arms and therefore similar power. Instead... marriage training. The exorcist group just want the baby.
bear808Jun 9, 2016 1:20 PM
Jun 9, 2016 3:43 PM

Mar 2016
Striktlyy said:
Not too sure why everyone's so obsessed with the fact that the anime adaptation should follow the exact same route as the manga. The manga is better, but the adaptation isn't so bad.

Can't say for everyone, but a 1:1 adaptation isn't really the concern here since adaptations are usually never exact; it's the fact that the anime is adding in too many things that didn't happen in the manga and removing things that did happen in the manga. It is pretty annoying when the anime original content makes about half (and possibly more than half eventually) of the episodes that are currently out, and it's only the first cour.
People are worried that the amount of the manga's content won't be enough for 50 episodes but Pierrot's rushing and cutting out parts that happened in the manga anyway, giving themselves even less content to adapt and more chances to animate original stuff that makes less sense. How is that not irritating?
Jun 9, 2016 4:50 PM

Jan 2008
Holy shit the art was terrible and so inconsistent this episode.

I'm all up for a dating episode of the two but man, the poor and sloppy character designs randomly appearing was just too much.
Jun 9, 2016 4:57 PM
Apr 2016
This episode was funny i like subarus intent to torcher them :D

Sorry for English:D
Jun 9, 2016 7:31 PM

May 2015
so far away from the manga, but whatever... some benio's expressions at this episode are gold
Jun 9, 2016 9:11 PM
Aug 2015
lol I'm so against Benio and Rokuro getting married. I mean, they're cute together I guess, but I think I'm against it because they're only supposed to marry so that Benio will give birth to Miko or something. Anyone else feel this way?
Jun 9, 2016 11:40 PM
Jul 2018
I thought the episode alone was good, gives a more fleshed out characterization for Benio and Rokuro and their relationship.

Not gonna lie Subaru is amazing so far. xD
Jun 10, 2016 12:38 AM

Jul 2014
Subaru's pretty hot. Now if only her scenes were animated better...
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Jun 10, 2016 2:04 AM

Apr 2016
So far, I enjoyed the light-hearted bits of this anime than the action scenes.
I was happy that this episode was light-hearted after being disappointed from the previous episode.
The only problem I see with this episode is that the way the characters are drawn are quite deformed ------- it felt that it was rushed.
I liked Subaru ---- her design and character as well. She was amusing to watch and that change of outfit though. ;)

Also, I have read the comments here and people said that the anime is not following the manga because of this episode. Because of this, I am intrigued and will read the manga since it currently has 30 chapters.
Jun 10, 2016 2:12 AM

Jun 2012
arikryu said:
lol I'm so against Benio and Rokuro getting married. I mean, they're cute together I guess, but I think I'm against it because they're only supposed to marry so that Benio will give birth to Miko or something. Anyone else feel this way?

Don't worry, Rokuro will give an amazing speech about that....I don't want to give spoiler since the anime is originally change a bit from the manga, but I don't think this change is that bad imo.
Jun 10, 2016 8:07 AM
Mar 2012
Well better than before with those weaklings fighting repeatedly.
Subaru made the show better, cool design, personality, interesting guns (but boring fight animation). Emoji guy has potential too.
More romance, less fox, slightly better.
Jun 10, 2016 11:09 AM

Jul 2015
On one hand, seeing them all flustered and annoyed was pretty darn entertaining, on the other hand though they are all still annoying to watch and this anime is becoming a pain to watch at this point.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 10, 2016 3:58 PM

Dec 2012
Another good episode SoL between Rokuro and Benio :)
Jun 10, 2016 9:56 PM

Mar 2016
lol tbh there's no point in having Rokuro and Benio train to fight Yuuto now because there are already 3 commanders in Narukami who are capable of fighting him. What is this anime even doing?
Jun 10, 2016 10:05 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty fun episode but why does it seem like so much filler
Jun 10, 2016 10:26 PM

Nov 2015
I liked Subaru's personality, she's funny.

Jun 11, 2016 7:20 AM

Apr 2014
Lulupus said:
lol tbh there's no point in having Rokuro and Benio train to fight Yuuto now because there are already 3 commanders in Narukami who are capable of fighting him. What is this anime even doing?

And how do you suggest they're supposed to find Yuuto? Subaru and Tatara are clearly not staying there for too long.
Jun 11, 2016 9:36 PM

Mar 2016
Z4k said:
Lulupus said:

And how do you suggest they're supposed to find Yuuto?

Not with difficulty since Yuuto seems to like sitting around and going "hmph" for most of the time....but to give you a more serious answer:
Since Yuuto hasn't given up on trying to persuade Rokuro yet, he's still around the area. And with 3 commanders already in the same area, they still have a chance to search for him. Yuuto also made his trail pretty obvious with all the fallen impurities he's spawning so they can just follow those to him.
Z4k said:
Subaru and Tatara are clearly not staying there for too long.

And yet they'll be staying for another episode...I doubt she and Tatara dropped by Narukami only to make Rokuro and Benio go on awkward dates/babysit them. That just makes their appereance even more absurd...but now that I've actually said it, I wouldn't put it past Pierrot to waste their potential like that.
LulupusJun 11, 2016 9:50 PM
Jun 12, 2016 12:11 AM

Sep 2012
Tatara's emoticon faces were pretty fun and entertaining.
Subaru is some nice eye candy.
Animation has gone to shit.
If this is going to be longer than one cour, then for sure we'll be getting slower episodes like these to fill out some holes that the manga skipped through. I won't say they're filler, but with this slow pace, it'll probably become like World Trigger (which I enjoyed, this...not as much yet).
They probably could've improved the animation just a bit more if they never decided to add that annoying puny fox in in the first place. But that's just me.
That ending fighting scene was so goddamn cringe worthy. Ugggghhh e_______e
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Jun 12, 2016 12:38 PM

Jan 2008
komic said:
valvravetruth said:

I believe manga only showed the arm a kegare, but never actually show Rokuro's arm going berserk?

no they said the arm was part of a Kegare, leading to some complicated issue with Rokuro and why he didn't want to use his power. they never did that in the anime, yet. The going berserk in the anime was true to the chapter it adapted.

Sorry but which chapter was that? The short fight betweeen Yuuto and Rokuro was in Ch11 but there is nothing like going berserk there? He just manages to use his arm without the talisman but i don't see any bullshit evil laugh like in the anime...

The only pacing issue i have with the manga is the translation speed xD

But yeah i really dislike this anime adaption the manga is so much better :/
Jun 14, 2016 4:06 AM

Apr 2013
welp that ep convinced me that the adaptation sucks ass
What are you looking here for
Jun 15, 2016 3:37 AM

Oct 2008
The two inadvertently had a date.
Master of Benio is also one of the 12 guardians!
Bwahaha Kinako should just really stay on that card while the two are dating!
Such a glorious guns performance by Mitejima! really, being a part of the 12 guardians isn't just for show! (haven't a lot from VA Miyuki Sawashiro)
4/5.

Jun 15, 2016 12:58 PM

Feb 2015
tbh, i dislike this episode. the character development and other stuff from the story was okay or more like meh....but the animation in this episode was so......i just.....can't stand watching it. just gonna be honest, it's very ugly. did someone in the studio spend a night with a girl using the budget for this anime ? LOL xD cause that's the only thing which came into my mind after seeing the animation from this episode. the budget is very low moreover it's gonna be 4 cour ? heck, i don't even know what they will do if they gonna make it 2 cour with that kind of budget. i don't know if they are saving if for a certain anime or it's really that they are low on budget.....

but just one thing for sure, i don't like this episode AT ALL.
Jun 16, 2016 4:06 AM

Dec 2014
much lighted.. and more toward the romantic comedy type
Jun 17, 2016 9:46 AM

Jun 2015
This is worse than Nisekoi.
Dropped.
Jun 17, 2016 2:26 PM

Apr 2015
I kinda liked this SoL setup this episode. Cute moments.

HNG
Jun 25, 2016 3:48 AM

Dec 2010
What was with the quality this time around? Pretty fun episode anyways.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Help: Twin Star Exorcists Filler Episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - May 8

9 by wildhood »»
Sep 5, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2016

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

67 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 15, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

48 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

84 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 10:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.