Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 8, 2016 2:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this episode was much more lighthearted and we got a new girl showing up.

I kind like her sense of humor though.

Eh the date between Rokuro and Benio is cute I guess, both behaving much more normal than I had expected. Their training is more like trying to establish a deeper relationship than improving Rokuro's fighting skills. Kinako's rage is delicious L
Jun 8, 2016 4:25 AM

Nov 2012
Rokuro x Benio forever!!!
Jun 8, 2016 4:43 AM

Sep 2015
Thats what i said last week, the series is starting slowly to go for a different route. Even showing one of the 12 divine generals Subaru, you can't even see her with that many interaction in the mangas.
Jun 8, 2016 4:50 AM

Jan 2012
Yeah wasn't feeling this one. I imagine fans of Rokuro and Benio's romance will enjoy this filler/anime only material, but it was a total snoozefest to me. Only enjoyed Subaru's surprisingly big, beautiful tits at the end. Rest was a bore. Unfortunately next week looks like more of the same.

Also, this anime added plot point of Rokuro's arm evil laughing and possessing him is very eye-roll inducingly cliche. I hope this is the last we see of it, but won't hold my breath.
animefan8800Jun 8, 2016 4:54 AM
Jun 8, 2016 5:06 AM

Sep 2015
animefan8800 said:
Also, this anime added plot point of Rokuro's arm evil laughing and possessing him is very eye-roll inducingly cliche. I hope this is the last we see of it, but won't hold my breath.

Yes it may be cliche, but that arm is indeed a impurity kegare, not an enchanced gear from the start. So in the other way around you can say that it might be weird why manga didn't focus a little bit more on that arm instead.
Jun 8, 2016 5:15 AM

Jan 2012
valvravetruth said:
animefan8800 said:

Yes it may be cliche, but that arm is indeed a impurity kegare, not an enchanced gear from the start. So in the other way around you can say that it might be weird why manga didn't focus a little bit more on that arm instead.

I just thought, "great another demon Inuyasha trope."
Jun 8, 2016 5:21 AM

Jun 2014
Well this left me conflicted.

On one hand WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THIS ADAPTATION?! They completely derailed it.

On the other... the comedy was nice and the interactions were cute.

I'm guessing they need some filler time?

I swear to GOD though, when they get back on track... THEY BETTER DO IT RIGHT.

RebelheroJun 8, 2016 5:28 AM
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jun 8, 2016 5:23 AM

Oct 2014
Is this gonna be 24 eps?
Jun 8, 2016 5:25 AM

Jan 2012
Inori_is_love said:
Is this gonna be 24 eps?

We don't know. It's definitely confirmed to be at least that long, but it might be longer.
Jun 8, 2016 5:47 AM

Sep 2014
Inori_is_love said:
Is this gonna be 24 eps?

According to Anichart there will be 50 eps.
http://anilist.co/anime/21499/SouseinoOnmyouji
Sekkou Boys is an idol anime that features statues.
Jun 8, 2016 6:07 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty decent episode, The character interactions were really nice to watch. Quite funny as well.

Though I have no clue why the show became so light hearted, Thought we were finally gonna get the first serious arc.
I do like watching Rokuro and Benio's romance develop, Both of them acting so flustered was cute to watch but I would like the overall plot to develop too.

Rokuro's been talking about training for quite a while now and they still haven't gotten to it, Hopefully next week has some serious training or something
The show has been quite slow to develop even by Battle Shounen standards.
Jun 8, 2016 6:32 AM

Apr 2008
Another shit episode. Complete filler and so boring. Introducing Subaru to just make up her character and abilites is a terrible idea especially if her character is meaningful later in the story. The stuff with Rokuros arm is dumb and I hope they drop what they are trying to do. Next episode is more filler so I'm sure more crap.
Jun 8, 2016 6:44 AM

Jan 2015
SexyShimakaze said:
I agreed too. So Mayura can stick with Shimon, right? LOL

The moment I saw Tatara's figure, it instantly remind me of Kon from Tokyo Ravens.
So the "training" from one of the twelve Guardians is not for the physique but more like for the "bond" and teamwork between Benio and Rokuro, isn't it? Well now that I think after saw Benio's training flashback, I think Subaru's more that "kind" of teacher. Like the "Bond and teamwork with male" teacher. Even so, there's no underestimating the power of one of the Twelve Guardians.
MasceraJun 8, 2016 6:50 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 8, 2016 7:04 AM

May 2010
Lol completely derailed from the manga now.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 8, 2016 7:18 AM

Jul 2007
Confucius said:

Its an adaptation. So far from what I checked out in manga, nothing is ruined.

They are just expanding and shuffling stuff around.

The obsession with "omg this HAS to be 1:1 identical to the source' is amusing.
Jun 8, 2016 7:24 AM

May 2014
I liked the date episode
Benio was so kawai
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jun 8, 2016 7:31 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Confucius said:

Sounds like u didn't check out much of the manga then. Also there is a difference between expanding and just making shit up which effects key story elements.
Jun 8, 2016 7:41 AM

Apr 2014
GundamSoul said:
Fai said:

Sounds like u didn't check out much of the manga then. Also there is a difference between expanding and just making shit up which effects key story elements.

Nothing is affected. They're just rearranging and clearing some issues manga.
Jun 8, 2016 7:42 AM

Oct 2008
This was soooooo incredibly cute and I could have perfectly enjoyed this if it weren't for the multiple animation collapses... I loved that they got to dress up but we had so few good shots with it. At one point they even made a continuity error and swapped Benio and Rokuro's positions.

At least next week they're still wearing those nice clothes. I'm totally ready to ship them now. This show does SOL better than action.
Jun 8, 2016 7:45 AM

Jul 2013
Subaru is best girl for the moment. She and Tatara made the episode.

Next week we will have more training... Well, as long as Subaru appears, I'm fine.
Jun 8, 2016 7:47 AM

Feb 2015
That was very cringey. Especially that gun crap. Studio Perriot should stop trying to do original story.
Jun 8, 2016 7:48 AM

Sep 2009
you know I thought this might be Pierrot chance to come back into the mainstream anime studio. After countless fillers in Naruto, I had hoped they wouldn't fuck this series up.

But Nope shitty adaptation. while they are following the basic storyline, they are changing waaaay too much. Subaru hasn't even been seen fighting in the manga yet.

not only that he animation quality in this episode had drop dramatically.
komicJun 8, 2016 7:58 AM
Jun 8, 2016 8:03 AM

Jul 2007
GundamSoul said:
Fai said:

Absolutely nothing is changed.

If anything the anime original material expands and improves the source material in this.
Jun 8, 2016 8:05 AM

Apr 2008
Z4k said:
GundamSoul said:

Um no. Everything about Subaru is made up. She hasn't been properly introduced in the manga yet. When she is they will be completely different characters.
Jun 8, 2016 8:06 AM
Dec 2013
Well, at least the manga is kinda good.
Jun 8, 2016 8:06 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
GundamSoul said:

Absolutely nothing is changed.

If anything the anime original material expands and improves the source material in this.

I very much disagree. Does not improve anything imo
Jun 8, 2016 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
GundamSoul said:
Z4k said:

Um no. Everything about Subaru is made up. She hasn't been properly introduced in the manga yet. When she is they will be completely different characters.

So? They're introducing and establishing characters better than the manga did. What's the problem?
Jun 8, 2016 8:21 AM

Apr 2008
Z4k said:
GundamSoul said:

So? They're introducing and establishing characters better than the manga did. What's the problem?

The manga is still ongoing. So when they are introduced they will have a different backstory and abilities. Thats a problem if the anime ever gets that far. It seems pretty dumb to me. Not to mention she seemed pretty lame as a character this episode.
Jun 8, 2016 8:22 AM

Sep 2009
Z4k said:
GundamSoul said:

the problem is the author might have a different plan for her. that doesn't make a adaption that makes a original story.
Jun 8, 2016 8:25 AM

May 2015

Wow, puberty kicking in for both of them at last :P

Cute....just like a baby :P :P

Not bad developments, but not enough to make the anime fall under the romance category yet. But I have a feeling it will soon.
Jun 8, 2016 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
GundamSoul said:
The manga is still ongoing. So when they are introduced they will have a different backstory and abilities.Thats a problem if the anime ever gets that far. It seems pretty dumb to me.

There is no problem because they haven't been introduced properly nor has her backstory been revealed in the manga yet.
Not to mention she seemed pretty lame as a character this episode.

Her introduction in the manga was lame too.
komic said:
the problem is the author might have a different plan for her.

That's simply an assumption. You don't know anything about his plans.
that doesn't make a adaption that makes a original story.

They're still following the manga so no.
Z4KJun 8, 2016 8:41 AM
Jun 8, 2016 8:39 AM
Mar 2012
GundamSoul said:

komic said:

the problem is the author might have a different plan for her. that doesn't make a adaption that makes a original story.

Subaru using guns is most likely tha author's idea. See https://twitter.com/sousei_PR/status/740485522548609024
Jun 8, 2016 8:42 AM

Apr 2008
Z4k said:
GundamSoul said:
The manga is still ongoing. So when they are introduced they will have a different backstory and abilities.

They won't and they haven't been introduced properly yet.
Thats a problem if the anime ever gets that far. It seems pretty dumb to me.

There is no problem because she hasn't been introduced nor has her backstory been revealed yet.
Not to mention she seemed pretty lame as a character this episode.

Her introduction in the manga was lame too.
komic said:
the problem is the author might have a different plan for her.

That's simply an assumption. You don't know anything about his plans.
that doesn't make a adaption that makes a original story.

They're still following the manga so no.

Sorry but everything you said is also ur assumption about what will happen in the manga and the adaptation. Not like ur argument has any more merit than ours. Either way. Its all opinion based. I liked the manga and while I didn't expect an amazing adaptation I expected at least a decent one which we would have gotten if any other studio did it other than Pierrot. So far I think this one is shit. I'll just stick with the manga.
Jun 8, 2016 8:47 AM

Sep 2015
GundamSoul said:
Another shit episode. Complete filler and so boring. Introducing Subaru to just make up her character and abilites is a terrible idea especially if her character is meaningful later in the story. The stuff with Rokuros arm is dumb and I hope they drop what they are trying to do. Next episode is more filler so I'm sure more crap.

Not sure why you can confirm this episode or the next is filler. Pretty obvious the anime slowly changing its route, so this episode might not be a filler. The production never said it will be identical copy to the manga. Plus its a long series which tend to be a bit boring, just like other long series anime(ten times the fillers).

Talk about Rokura's arm, its an impurity(kegare) arm and not an enhanced gear. Of course it will go berserk one day or another, so it is more weird to think why the manga didn't focus on that arm more.

I know you like the manga, me too. But you can't project that kind of will on the anime.
valvravetruthJun 8, 2016 8:50 AM
Jun 8, 2016 8:49 AM

Sep 2015
Mmmmmh well, it was funny at least
Tatara is the best character so far :D
Jun 8, 2016 8:52 AM

Apr 2008
valvravetruth said:
GundamSoul said:

Not sure why you can confirm this episode or the next is filler. Pretty obvious the anime slowly changing its route, so this episode might not be a filler. The production never said it will be identical copy to the manga. Plus its a long series which tend to be a bit boring, just like other long series anime(ten times the fillers).

Talk about Rokura's arm, its an impurity(kegare) arm and not an enhanced gear. Of course it will go berserk one day or another, so it is more weird to think why the manga didn't focus on that arm more.

I have read the manga so I know it is all filler. And Rokuros arm is explained in the manga.
Jun 8, 2016 8:56 AM

Apr 2014
GundamSoul said:
Sorry but everything you said is also ur assumption about what will happen in the manga and the adaptation. Not like ur argument has any more merit than ours.

Not really

https://twitter.com/sousei_PR/status/740485522548609024

If that is anything to go by, then it's clear the author is somewhat involved in the anime.
I'll just stick with the manga.

See you next week.
Jun 8, 2016 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
The date between Rokuro and Benio was nice. Subaru was so badass!
Jun 8, 2016 9:12 AM

Feb 2016
It was kinda cute and funny. But I didn't really like it all that much.
Hope to see more of Nii-sama soon.
3/5
Jun 8, 2016 9:13 AM

Sep 2015
GundamSoul said:
I have read the manga so I know it is all filler. And Rokuros arm is explained in the manga.

I know you have read the manga clearly. But no one ever said animes 1:1 identical to the manga. especially more so if its a long series. Your assumption of "I have read the manga so I know it is all filler", is a little bit hard-headed. Which you never even consider the chance of derailed and changing route to meet the end.

The introduction, development and interaction of one of 12 generals Subaru, how can this even be filler ==, even after the manga time-skip of not showing her in more depth. Its something new and means that anime can be and able to change its route. Contents not showing in manga does not equal to filler you know. Most importantly fillers don't effect the plot. Obviously the appearance of Subaru have impact on the anime story.
valvravetruthJun 8, 2016 9:33 AM
Jun 8, 2016 9:15 AM

Sep 2011
Every time they say they want to get stronger all I can think about is this.
Jun 8, 2016 9:15 AM

Sep 2009
valvravetruth said:
GundamSoul said:

I know you have read the manga clearly. But no one ever said animes 1:1 identical to the manga. especially more so if its a long series. Your assumption of "I have read the manga so I know it is all filler", is a little bit hard-headed. Which you never even consider the chance of derailed and changing route to meet the end.

The introduction, development and interaction of one of 12 generals Subaru, how can this even be filler ==, even after the manga time-skip of not showing her in more depth. Its something new and means that anime can be and able to change its route. Contents not showing in manga does not equal to filler you know. Most importantly fillers don't effect the plot. Obviously the appearance of Subaru and Rokuro's arm have impact on the anime story.

except the arm was explained.................in the very first chapter.
Jun 8, 2016 9:20 AM

Nov 2013
GundamSoul said:
Z4k said:

The manga is still ongoing. So when they are introduced they will have a different backstory and abilities. Thats a problem if the anime ever gets that far. It seems pretty dumb to me. Not to mention she seemed pretty lame as a character this episode.

But it's possible that the studio asked the author about her character before writing this episode. We won't know if they have different abilities or not until she is properly introduced in the manga.
Jun 8, 2016 9:27 AM

Sep 2015
komic said:

I believe manga only showed the arm a kegare, but never actually show Rokuro's arm going berserk?
Jun 8, 2016 9:30 AM

Sep 2009
valvravetruth said:
komic said:

I believe manga only showed the arm a kegare, but never actually show Rokuro's arm going berserk?

no they said the arm was part of a Kegare, leading to some complicated issue with Rokuro and why he didn't want to use his power. they never did that in the anime, yet. The going berserk in the anime was true to the chapter it adapted.
Jun 8, 2016 9:42 AM
Aug 2014
rookie77 said:
Inori_is_love said:
Is this gonna be 24 eps?

According to Anichart there will be 50 eps.
ladies and gentlemen, that's based studio clown to you.

SexyShimakaze said:
Sadly kissanime picks Deku x Uraraka as couple of spring 2016, and they are not even an item.
hithummahJun 8, 2016 9:50 AM
Jun 8, 2016 10:19 AM

Apr 2014
Well, guess this is the end for me...I will stick with the manga.
I don't know if these new characters will be introduced later in the manga, but as of now, they destroy the plot already.
I am very disappointed with how bad the adaptation is.
2/10
Jun 8, 2016 10:34 AM
Feb 2016
This is just turning generic.

The manga is so damn good but the anime is trash. Damn money whore studio is ruining this.

I can't shake the bad after taste of these horrible last few episodes.
Jun 8, 2016 10:35 AM
Feb 2016
hlubkoj2020 said:
Well, guess this is the end for me...I will stick with the manga.
I don't know if these new characters will be introduced later in the manga, but as of now, they destroy the plot already.
I am very disappointed with how bad the adaptation is.
2/10

I know what you mean there, it's just sad the manga is getting translated so slow :(
Jun 8, 2016 10:40 AM

Sep 2013
>butthurt manga elitists XD

The author is involved and makes everything better paced unlike the manga that just jumps into constant battles.

Subaru one of the twelve guardians shows up to train them in the ways of a marrie couple XD
Nice date and Subaru and Tatara owning the mass number of kagare.

Benio <3
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Help: Twin Star Exorcists Filler Episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - May 8

8 by Otaku_4511 »»
Yesterday, 5:25 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2016

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

67 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 15, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

48 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

84 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 10:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.