Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 5, 2015 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gaen is so awesome.

Her theories about Shinobu coming to the town are also quite interesting for this episode. Loved the way the info dumping was done. Kanbaru's role in this episode was pretty fun to see as well. The transition between a few of the word plays also retains the style that I was expecting. The buildup from Gaen's side will bring some more thrilling parts to come soon so I'm excited to see more of that.

Lol, the Kanbaru and Araragi commentary stuff was priceless.
Dec 5, 2015 9:09 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Another great episode. More Izuko is always great. No Araragi, It is not a good idea to leave Kanbaru and Shinobu alone

5/5

Also who has seen the new Kizumonogatari PV2?
Dec 5, 2015 9:20 AM

Apr 2014
just to put my input real quick this was a good episode, pretty solid build up to whats to come and the dialog was as fun as ever. however i do believe this is the weakest episode yet, giving it a 8/10 but as a build up episode I don't expect mindfucking levels of entertainment at this point. we do get a well enough explanation of whats going on so far.

shinobu telling araragi not to be jealous was as cute as ever.

the ending…..damn!!!
Dec 5, 2015 9:27 AM

May 2009
Who was that person at the end ?
Dec 5, 2015 9:28 AM

Nov 2014
My thoughts for most of the first half of this episode.

My relationship with this series has been very love / hate. I loved Bakemonogatari, Hanamonogatari, Nekomonogatari: Kuro, but this Shinobu Mail arc has been tedious. The witty banter has been replaced with too much exhaustive exposition. Show the damn story. Stop telling it.

The last 7 minutes were good though.
Dec 5, 2015 9:37 AM

Jul 2011
fideldesu said:
Who was that person at the end ?

The first
Dec 5, 2015 9:40 AM

Mar 2014

Dec 5, 2015 9:49 AM

Jan 2015
Dat cliffhanger.
The 2nd half was OK.
Dec 5, 2015 10:09 AM

Apr 2015
Great episode.
Am I the only one that saw Kaiki in that BL frontcover?
Dec 5, 2015 10:10 AM

Apr 2015
I have to rewatch the first half twice. Too much dialogues and I have to keep reading the subs to understand what is going on. The second half is quite funny especially this>>>>>'The suspicion that I have a Lolita complex is growing day by day.'
OMG Kaiki is that you???

diegorogo said:
Great episode.

You're not the only one.
Dec 5, 2015 10:14 AM

May 2015
That ending tho :O

It's sad to know we only have 2 episodes left

diegorogo said:
Great episode.

Nope. I also saw Gaen in the "mature women" albums
Dec 5, 2015 10:17 AM

Aug 2013
Art in first half was great and sharp (clear), really great (backgrounds for example). Like in older series. It's strange because pervious episodes looked much worse, and more blurry.
Quality jump is HUGE.

Btw,.just another great episode :) O e of the best in this season
rsc-plDec 5, 2015 10:49 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 5, 2015 10:17 AM

Aug 2008
Oh shit. The first at the end. He's been revived. Aww...Shinobu convince Araragi he still prefer him over the first one.

LOL! Kaiki at the BL cover.
ZapredonDec 5, 2015 10:20 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 5, 2015 10:20 AM

Apr 2015
VincentBrooks said:

diegorogo said:
Great episode.

Nope. I also saw Gaen in the "mature women" albums

True, I forgot about her, that BL caught all my attention XD
Dec 5, 2015 10:26 AM

Apr 2015
Dovakiihn said:
diegorogo said:
Great episode.

I saw Episode as well.

I didn't recognize him :(, I'm getting rusted.
Dec 5, 2015 10:32 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Really? Subtle as fuck lol

Dec 5, 2015 10:36 AM

May 2012
Maybe its just me but the animation for this episode was really good. Maybe cause I watched it in HD this time.

Crazy how the first minion came back to life. Or should I say fully want to come back to life. Surprise he could still tell her it was her even in her Shinobu form. I mean he was the "first" in all.

Like how Shinobu cleared up things with Araragi. He was pretty jelly.

I don't know why, but I laughed when Araragi thought his loli power is to high now lol. He needed a break. Had to go to the mature area. Aldo love how he tried to hid the books. I thought he wasn't scared and but his book face up.

Also why is the first minion at a book store lol? Like he could have been anywhere and he chose a book store. Love his design. Reminds me of Girl-Alucard.

Can't wait for next week.
Dec 5, 2015 10:37 AM

Jan 2014
Soooo...Gaen is an AV Idol and Kaiki is a rapist BL protagonist?Plot thickens...

ShinobuxAraragi talking about his jealousy about not being her first was cute...
Dec 5, 2015 10:38 AM

Jul 2013
This episode made me understand so many things that happened in the previous seasons, like Bakemonogatari, like why Oshino give Araragi the mission to put that talisman in the shrine or why the oddities started when Shinobu arrived to the city. Like always, the series talking never bores me the slighest and manages to capt my attention.

The second part with Kanbaru acting like Araragi with Shinobu was funny, but what was even more funny was Kaiki sudden apparition in that BL novel cover, didn't expected that. And the end with the first servant, unexpected.

Two episodes, people. I wonder how will the story end.

Btw, when Gae talked about the protector God of the shrine reminded me of Nadeko Medusa. And speaking about Nadeko, this encard was really pretty.
Dec 5, 2015 10:47 AM

Nov 2014
And the employees laugh
Hi there
Dec 5, 2015 10:59 AM

Mar 2015
HaXXspetten said:

The Arararararagi Redemption

Dec 5, 2015 11:01 AM

Aug 2010
More BASED Gaen talk for half of this episode. Damn! It was quite amusing seeing Shinobu pissed off a bit and somewhat frustrated.

Kagenui sure is quite hype if even Gaen's views her that highly and has her as a last resort.

Loved Shinobu's "Leave it at a cute level of jealousy" to Koyomi. The scenes with her and Kanbaru were lol

Kanbaru asking for BL and a Bra was hilarious.

And Whan I saw Kaiki and Episode on the cover of the BL I died LMAOing XD

"The employee laughs" was hilarious too lol

FREEDOM
Dec 5, 2015 11:03 AM

Dec 2014
Loved the second half! Those hajime no ippo cuts and covers with kaiki and episode were too much haha. First half, I was looking at the pretty pictures and really only listened when Shinobu was talking. Still too much exposition, but at least the plot can start finally.
I need sleep.
Dec 5, 2015 11:18 AM

May 2015
HaXXspetten said:

besto
Dec 5, 2015 11:21 AM
Jun 2011
Antearion said:
Also why is the first minion at a book store lol? Like he could have been anywhere and he chose a book store.

Izuko said something about the minions being drawn to each other naturally, so that would be why.
Dec 5, 2015 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
And there it is. This arc sure as hell has my attention now, especially with the appearance of the first one again. It does feel weird to see it go from a demon samurai thing into what I think is supposed to be a boy with long hair (or a masculine girl). Also pretty impressive how all that light novel stuff wasn't actually terrible like I was fearing it to be when it started.
Dec 5, 2015 11:35 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I find Gaen's snide tone and monologues irritating. Almost made me feel like fast forwarding, which I've never, ever done with a a Monogatari were I enjoy the long dialogue and explanations. But not when Gaen is the protagonist.

The first one sure looks ominous. I think Araragi will get quite a beating in the next couple of chapters.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 5, 2015 11:43 AM

Apr 2014
There is a reason why Gaen is on the cover of book 2 of owarimonogatri
Dec 5, 2015 12:01 PM

Apr 2012
How I wish I have a time-machine, so I can watch the next 2 eps right now.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 5, 2015 12:10 PM

Oct 2015
Amazing chapter. I Love the dialogs and teh explanation aboutthe excentricities, but i think than all of them are "resurretions" for the first. lol
BL and bra scene: amazings.
Why the First is so androgen?
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Dec 5, 2015 12:40 PM

Feb 2011
counter bl with h, great tactic xD
oh the first has already regained a form, was he following araragi or was he looking for a book too?

Farabeuf said:
I find Gaen's snide tone and monologues irritating. Almost made me feel like fast forwarding, which I've never, ever done with a a Monogatari were I enjoy the long dialogue and explanations. But not when Gaen is the protagonist.
same, there is something about gaen which is annoying, as if she's rubbing it on others that she knows everything

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Dec 5, 2015 1:03 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Once again, Gaen's explanation takes up the first half, but for justified cause; Leaving no loose ends. Well done.~

Those references along with the meta level commentary and that LN cover though.. Kaiki X Episode BL spin-off when?

Dec 5, 2015 1:06 PM

Dec 2015
One of my favorite episodes of owari now. Gaen's explanation of all the oddities appearing was solid, and this was the funniest episode for me with the Kanbaru/Shinobu scenes.

Gaen probably rubs it in to give people the idea she's watching constantly and can have you dealt with if you act against her.
Dec 5, 2015 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
aikaflip said:
My thoughts for most of the first half of this episode.

My relationship with this series has been very love / hate. I loved Bakemonogatari, Hanamonogatari, Nekomonogatari: Kuro, but this Shinobu Mail arc has been tedious. The witty banter has been replaced with too much exhaustive exposition. Show the damn story. Stop telling it.

The last 7 minutes were good though.

Pretty much sums up my opinion of this entire season.

On a more enjoyable note though. The first, not sure if girl or boy, but I'm of the "if it's cute, fuck it" mindset so I'd just like to say Hnggggg. (Araragi's voice coming out of that mouth is a bit of a turn off though)
Dec 5, 2015 1:16 PM

Jan 2014
aikaflip said:
Show the damn story. Stop telling it.
Seriously?Did you really just wrote that in a Monogatari thread?Thats the whole point of this series...Protagonist of that arc narrating the story of something from her/his perspective...We don't show monogataries here,we tell them...You are watching the wrong show with wrong expectations...
LoneWizzyDec 5, 2015 1:20 PM
Dec 5, 2015 1:30 PM

Jul 2014
Araragi and Shinobu's relation with the apparitions is recapped, then they talk for half the rest of the episode about the shrine's backstory and choose to call in Kagenui to help as a last resort.

After that, Gaen gives Araragi some money to go buy something. Shinobu requests donuts and Kanbaru asks him to buy a light novel.

They spend the following two minutes talking about that for no real reason other than to mirror what Monogatari is like, doing so in a rather obvious, on-the-nose way.

Araragi goes to the bookstore and buys the light novels. He is revealed to be a slowpoke, as he just now realizes that he might be suspected of being a pedophile due to his association with Shinobu, Ononoki and Hachikuji. As such, he decides to buy some girlie magazines as well.

As he begins to leave the bookstore, he bumps into a new character, who asks him if he relayed his message to Shinobu.

2/5
Dec 5, 2015 1:31 PM

Apr 2014
LoneWizard said:
aikaflip said:
Show the damn story. Stop telling it.
Seriously?Did you really just wrote that in a Monogatari thread?Thats the whole point of this series...Protagonist of that arc narrating the story of something from her/his perspective...We don't show monogataries here,we tell them...You are watching the wrong show with wrong expectations...
srsly when has monogatari done anything otherwise

the only "action" you will see is in kizu
Dec 5, 2015 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
Don't think it's the lack of action. It's just that Nisioisn seems to have just gone through a thesaurus and written the same thing 3-4 times over to stretch his books out (if this adaption is anything to go by).

Witty banter is great when it's done like Zetsubou Sensei, but Monogatari lately has just been getting more and more drawn out. Of course anyone who states their dislike of this is basically insinuated to be idiot for not liking a wordy series.

(still love the monogatari as a whole though)
Dec 5, 2015 2:05 PM

Nov 2014
moodie said:
LoneWizard said:

There's a difference between conversational and expository dialog. For instance, the back and forth exchanges between Araragi and Senjougahara in Bakemonogatari are great. I could listen to those all day. But listening to just one character explain backstory for nearly two episodes is boring as hell to me.
Dec 5, 2015 2:07 PM

Oct 2015
lol @ kaiki and episode in the BL cover

also gaen izuko on the adult magazines

Wondering how the meeting between Araragi and The First will work out.
Dec 5, 2015 2:14 PM

Aug 2013
DesuTronic said:

LOL when the best girls informally meet.

That Shawshank reference had me dying, only Monogatari…

I really enjoyed Gaen's explanation about the first servant's origins, mostly due to the fact that it clarified the many reasons for all these apparitions appearing.

They just had to put Kaiki and Episode on the BL covers lmao.

He doesn't look different at all:

BiserDec 7, 2015 5:49 AM
Dec 5, 2015 3:36 PM

Aug 2013
aikaflip said:
moodie said:

There's a difference between conversational and expository dialog. For instance, the back and forth exchanges between Araragi and Senjougahara in Bakemonogatari are great. I could listen to those all day. But listening to just one character explain backstory for nearly two episodes is boring as hell to me.

Just drop it if you don't like it. This is a whole point of this series, dialogue. How did you endured that far?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 5, 2015 3:41 PM

Jan 2014
aikaflip said:
moodie said:

Your mind is playing you games...It was always like this...

Only difference is shit got real now compared to first seasons...So now we get more serious talk instead of daily chit-chat...
Dec 5, 2015 4:27 PM

Aug 2013
Kanbaru would probably love to see his new appearance

Dec 5, 2015 4:44 PM

Feb 2008
Loved the Shawshank Redemption nod.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Dec 5, 2015 5:20 PM

Dec 2014
I could listen to Gaen for hours without getting bored seriously.

that plot twisterino though lmao
Dec 5, 2015 6:25 PM

Oct 2011
The First OMG
Dec 5, 2015 6:54 PM
Oct 2009
Cozatto said:

OMG Kaiki is that you???

diegorogo said:
Great episode.

You're not the only one.

IKR Kaiki and Episode in a BL pairing!??! Never thought I'd see that.... but they happen to be my 2 favorites in the whole series so I won't even attempt to wipe my drool.

Even when the samurai showed up as a little boy/girl being all creepy I still couldn't think of anything else than that BL cover dammit xD

And then I guess this is the point where Hanekawa met with Episode in the 1st arc of 2nd Season huh! So I guess he'll be battling together with Araragi?
Dec 5, 2015 7:02 PM

Nov 2010
moodie said:
the only "action" you will see is in kizu

Tsk, tsk... did you accidentally used plutonium-based brain bleach? Because Monkey-Kanbaru grabbing Araragi's interstines and throwing him around is... should be... unforgettable. :P
just to be sure, brain bleach part is a joke :P
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Dec 5, 2015 7:05 PM

Jul 2015
Tons of my questions from previous seasons have been answered. Holy. Amazing episode. I had to stop for a second pretty much after every 15 sec to process everything. Amazing as always. Like I said before, to me, Monogatari never disappoints.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

186 by TheColonel76 »»
May 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

121 by TheColonel76 »»
May 21, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

146 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

211 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

171 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.