Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 20, 2014 5:23 PM

Mar 2014
ramenshojo said:
Zuihou said:
I don't get why they are stopping Togo. Isn't she doing the right thing?

Togo has a completely different goal from the rest of the club. She wants to end the suffering of the Heroes, present and future by essentially destroying the world (by killing Shinju).

The others want to preserve the world for the rest of humanity while willingly sacrificing themselves, and essentially, future Heroes too.

Basically, it all boils down to whether or not one believes in the Hero System - if the sacrifice of the few is worth the peace for the many.

Exactly. It's the classic utilitarian "Needs of the Many" debate. Is it justifiable for a society to allow a few people to suffer in order to preserve the happiness (or in this case, the lives) of many thousands of others? It's a difficult problem, because there's no easy answer (no matter what you choose, someone's going to suffer for it), and it's been explored in fiction before, most notably Ursula LeGuin's "Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas," and of course in Star Trek. It's also something Shirou continually struggles with in Fate/Stay Night. Shirou's answer to the problem is complete self-denial; he would sacrifice his body without a second thought and take the whole burden of suffering on himself if it meant preserving everyone else's happiness. Togo's answer is different - she's rejecting the notion that anyone should have to suffer for others' happiness, effectively siding with the outer gods in believing that a human society requiring such a price to survive is one not worth saving. But Shinju did apparently believe that human society was worth saving, whatever its reasons were, and so far the other girls have taken the same position. The key to how this ends is going to be Yuki's own solution to the problem, whether she follows Shirou's (and Karin's) path of self-sacrifice, joins Togo in rejecting Omelas and walking away, or finds a successful third option somewhere.
Dec 20, 2014 6:01 PM
Dec 2014
Great Episode as always now! The first Yuuki Yuna fanfiction! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10904533/1/Revival-OC-Sheet

Give some gratz to this guy for getting this up in there!
Dec 20, 2014 6:48 PM

Jul 2011
Every episode I like this series more and more. I do wish they explored the world a bit more, especially early on, but the recent episodes have been rather impressive. I wonder how next episode will end it.
Dec 20, 2014 9:15 PM
Mar 2010
Poor Karin... ; . ;

Next episode= last episode... The world is probably going to be saved by them though...
Dec 20, 2014 9:44 PM

Nov 2012
Honestly don't think Togo is in the wrong...though that probably cause I want this to have a bad ending.
Dec 21, 2014 11:49 AM

Dec 2011
I don't get why so many people want a bad ending for this series... There are plenty of ways this series could have a good or bittersweet style of ending without it being some sort of asspull.

(bad in the sense of downer ending rather than badly done obviously. Or at least I hope that's what they mean)
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 21, 2014 12:09 PM

Mar 2014
kuuderes_shadow said:
I don't get why so many people want a bad ending for this series... There are plenty of ways this series could have a good or bittersweet style of ending without it being some sort of asspull.

(bad in the sense of downer ending rather than badly done obviously. Or at least I hope that's what they mean)

Well, some people consider bitersweet to be bad so it's really relative.
Dec 21, 2014 12:16 PM

Sep 2009
It's not Madoka. Even bittersweet ending is impossible probably. In the end we'll just find out who Takahiro himself considers right: Yuuna or Mimori?
Dec 21, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2012
Holy damn this episode O.O it was amazing
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Dec 21, 2014 11:42 PM
Oct 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:

It's not like we "want" to see any sad endings to the girls, but it's very hard to pull a happy ending out of nothing in this situation without using silly plot devices. I would rather see a strong sad ending than a forced happy ending.

Of course if it can be executed well they can end it in any ways, I'm just talking about the possibility. I'm all up for bittersweet endings.
Dec 22, 2014 12:45 AM
Mar 2013
PetitFours said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

It's not like we "want" to see any sad endings to the girls, but it's very hard to pull a happy ending out of nothing in this situation without using silly plot devices. I would rather see a strong sad ending than a forced happy ending.

Of course if it can be executed well they can end it in any ways, I'm just talking about the possibility. I'm all up for bittersweet endings.

Exactly. Those who expect sad endings don't have a desire to welcome them at all. But we reluctantly and definitely think that it cannot be avoidable because of the current situation; and that we have to now start to prepare for accepting the foreseeable tragedy.
What I am wondering is not whether sad or not it would be anymore but how entirely or partly tragic it would be...
htsujiDec 23, 2014 12:00 AM
Dec 22, 2014 1:27 AM

Jun 2013
Dont even know who to side with. Looks like it was another screaming girls episode. RIP ears, thanks earbuds
Dec 22, 2014 9:54 AM

Jan 2009
we all say that we hate cliches. aren't happy endings cliche themselves? they pretty much happen in most animes. it's funny... the endings we want to have but don't get... end up being ranked high on MAL.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Dec 23, 2014 12:46 AM

Sep 2013
karin-chaaann T___T you were amazing!
Dec 23, 2014 12:22 PM

Oct 2012
Oh god no... I was hoping Karin would be okay but that's just wishful thinking... She fought so hard, she lost the use of her limbs, her hearing and her eyesight... She's lost so much to make up for Togo's stupid mistake and Togo even shot at Fu-senpai and Itsuki! Yuna needs to stop her before she does anything else... Albeit I can't expect a happy ending with what's happened to Karin and what might happen to the rest of the Heroes... T^T Really sad episode
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 23, 2014 2:52 PM

Jul 2012
God all this screaming! D:
LOL! But damn.....

I feel bad for freaking Karin, she went Mankai 4 times.

Four. Fucking. Times. Holy shit.
She lost her vision, hearing, her right arm and leg! D:
Ugh......And now Togo went Mankai too~!? And she wants to destroy this.....
And then......Yuuna.....
And......oh man......this is a whole turning point for this anime. D: I thought it was gonna be peaceful! ;_;
Dec 23, 2014 2:57 PM
Dec 2014
Ugh, from that picture of the girls that foreshadowed their disabilities that was going around I thought that Karin would lose the use of her left leg...so much for that. Poor Karin. I hope that the girls can recover at least some function, if not all of it. Might seem kind of cheap if they all end up perfectly fine after this I guess.
Dec 23, 2014 3:05 PM
Dec 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8keU6JJkEw

I'll just leave this here. Very touching edit of the Karin post Mankai scene.
Dec 23, 2014 10:23 PM

Nov 2014
Actually while I was rewatching episode 3 when Karin was introduced, I found an interesting thing when Itsuki did a tarot card reading on Karin.

She got a death card which actually is a foreshadow of Karin's current situation...Sigh... As well as her own singing...
I supposed the director really does put in a lot of hints in which may seem harmless or passed as comedy material...It is only until the real deal hit, we audience feel that effect now...(Karin chan...-_-)

DarkWillDec 23, 2014 10:28 PM
Dec 24, 2014 2:54 AM

Aug 2014
I overlooked this anime before and finally caught up to the latest episode but man..!
This series probably the Anime of The Season for me!
It started generic, peaceful slice of life mahou shoujo thingie, later on, it became more dramatic, depressing and despair, and I love it! Kudos to all the staff!

I do agree with Togou tbh, I mean better end the fight entirely by destroying the Shinju itself rather than fight the vertex non stop and lose physical abilities over time.
The others should really agree and help togou to destroy the Shinju. Karin what are you doing..! awesome fight btw

Welp final episode next, I will not expect a happy ending but at least please let Yuna live at the end... T.T
[s]They better not ruin the series by making something cliche like deus ex machina ending.[s]
Dec 24, 2014 3:01 AM

Jul 2007
and all lived happily ever after
Dec 24, 2014 6:25 AM
Mar 2013
DarkWill said:
Actually while I was rewatching episode 3 when Karin was introduced, I found an interesting thing when Itsuki did a tarot card reading on Karin.

She got a death card which actually is a foreshadow of Karin's current situation...Sigh... As well as her own singing...
I supposed the director really does put in a lot of hints in which may seem harmless or passed as comedy material...It is only until the real deal hit, we audience feel that effect now...(Karin chan...-_-)

And did you see what happened at the last part of episode 4 when Itsuki happened to drop her bag from the table right after she decided to apply the music contest? *sigh*
[spoiler]
[[spoiler]
Dec 24, 2014 8:30 AM

Mar 2014
What's funny about those death omens early on is that several people on the early episode threads (including me) were quick to point out that the Death card actually represents transformation, not necessarily literal death, so depending on the other cards it isn't always a bad reading. Well the girls sure got transformed alright...into a state that's arguably worse than death.

Incidentally, that screencap up there of Itsuki's tarot reading for Karin - the three cards shown from left to right are the Devil (representing the person's shadow/id side), the Tower (representing sudden change/upheaval or potential disaster), and Death (representing transformation/transition) - basically the three scariest cards in the whole deck.
Dec 26, 2014 7:07 AM
Apr 2014
Looks like Togo just wanted to accelerate the destruction of the world. Well that's one way. And kinda understandable considering what awaits them in the future (death or living as basically dead unable to die even if they wanted to).

Okay. That's heavy. Karin went all out and lost an arm a leg and all means to communicate properly(sure she can talk but she can't hear anymore). Curious how they gonna end this.

Of course. They couldn't just let "evil" win. Yuna had to be ready again >.> Well one more episode. This can't end in a way I'll like I guess.
Dec 26, 2014 9:31 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Karin blind and deaf. I would rather kill myself, honestly. So much suffering.
Dec 29, 2014 11:12 PM
Mar 2012
All my sol are gone. Haven't seen a show so depressing it's hard to find a happy end.
Karin's 4 mankais with quad arm katanas was a cool design & gave an amazing fight. Some very nice fireball effects. Too many squids.
Karin should start learning Braille.
Was a bit odd & sad Itsuki silently talking. Carrying paper & pencil might be strange during combat?
Dec 31, 2014 5:41 PM

Dec 2012
Wow, oh my god Karin. Words can't even describe how heartbreaking that was.
Jan 2, 2015 12:03 AM
Sep 2011
About to watch the final episode. Predictions/hopes first:

There'll be a happy ending. This is pretty much certain. Early on, the show consistently defused all its drama with jokes. In the midgame, the show maintained a very gentle pace; after the first mankai there was not one but two breather episodes. And even now near the end, the plot is taking the time to resolve each issue as it arises, with Itsuki and Yuuna comforting Fuu about Itsuki's voice. This is a show that's written to leave you feeling good in the end.

I can't imagine Togo's decision being validated. Either Yuuna will convince Togo and the five of them (or maybe all six?) will go Big Damn Heroes and defeat the invasion, or some third path will open up.

I want them all to survive and keep their disabilities. I want what's happened to have lasting consequences, and anyway, I got into this in the first place because "Magical girl in a wheelchair, and it's not glossed over! How cool!" My ideal ending would be slice-of-life scenes, in the hospital and afterwards, as they all adjust to their new circumstances and remain close friends. However, based on foreshadowing, and based on the fact that Karin is now deafblind (which in the writers' eyes will be incompatible with the happy ending I just predicted), I don't think I'll get my wish here.

Oh! And I want Togo and Yuuna to get married. Togo would rock a suit.
NalehwJan 2, 2015 12:25 AM
Jan 12, 2015 7:41 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that was intense! I really wonder how they'll finish it!
Feb 5, 2015 1:06 PM

Jul 2010
No!!! Karin-chan ;_;
Feb 28, 2015 7:14 AM

Nov 2011
Narration quite dramatic and action-packed, it seems almost a fight to the massacre in which, however, do not try to use your head, it's one way.
I am not involved 100% for this reason, but I look forward to see the next episode, to draw conclusions.
Drawings and excellent animations, good choreography of the fights.
Mar 6, 2015 7:02 AM

Oct 2008
FFF late again.
Too bad for Karin, the last one to bloom but already lost 2 very important senes, Vison and Hearing. I pity for you.
The BGM is getting in to me!
I wonder if Yuuna will go on Madoka sacrifice plot.

Mar 7, 2015 9:03 PM

Feb 2013
Karin! Blooming 4 times in a row... poor girl is now blind, deaf, and cant use her right arm or leg. The others didn't get hit nearly as hard. She did beat them all on her own though.
Mar 17, 2015 9:16 AM

Oct 2012
They are living in lies. There is something bad with this series when I want for Togou-san to succeed.
Taisha really should be destroyed not only because of his manipaluations.

(though I still don't get the reasoning behind Touga's conviction that with destroying Taisha they would be free as Taisha is keeping this world together but well).

Wouldn't suprise me at all if this all was just one little play they did for children in Yuusha club. The end.
Mar 20, 2015 11:46 PM

Sep 2014
That Karin-chan fight was awesome and badass. But it was also painful to watch. Everytime she used Mankai I was like "NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

And I actually agree with Togo. Destroy the damn Taisha and Shinju-sama. I'd rather destroy than prolong the world.
Apr 20, 2015 8:36 AM

Apr 2011
I already expected Karin would sacrifice a lot but still, it was really sad.

Yuna vs Togo on the final episode!

One last episode...
Jun 30, 2015 8:50 PM

Feb 2013
Everytime Karin went Mankai I cried a little bit more. Fuck.
Aug 17, 2015 12:11 PM

Dec 2009
You either die a hero (lol), or live long enough to see yourself destroying the Sacred Tree. -Tougou
Aug 25, 2015 12:18 PM

Jan 2015
I haven't seen such a lot of despair since Madoka. Holy fuck.
Aug 25, 2015 5:54 PM

Feb 2012
For some reason i felt like Karin sacrifice was kinda forced.
Still, for her who was raised only to fight, it was a brave move worthy of a hero.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Nov 20, 2015 12:14 PM

Mar 2015
Karin... it's so suffering to watch her slowly withering. Damn.. why you do this anime T_T

I love Karin so much, now she's just another HanaKana character. Dead inside. Karin is probably the best character I see.

Although Tougou is really annoying now. She wants to destroy everything that all her friends have fought for. That HanaKana character that sacrificed 21x will be gone to nothing if she destroy that tree.

Nov 29, 2015 12:23 PM

Sep 2014
KARINNNN-CHAAAAANN NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Why ??? Why are did she do that. Poor girl lost her limbs, hearing and eyesight.
Damn, My heart was shattered into peices when i saw karin-chan like that.
Mikoshiba-sanNov 29, 2015 12:48 PM
Jan 12, 2016 9:45 PM

Dec 2012
Damn. I had a feeling Karin would go Ban...I mean Mankai and that she would give it her all and lose something big.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 11, 2016 11:12 AM
Feb 2009
woww everyone tryna stop togo....

seriously karin's current state is worst than being dead...
Apr 3, 2016 3:24 AM

Jan 2012
The yelling of the Hero Club tenets is so fucking cringy. I don't know who thought this would be a good idea, but they were wrong.

Shame. This show started out good and went bad with unnecessary /typical stereotypes and over the top depression for no reason. Ugh.
Lemme smang it girl.
Jul 5, 2016 10:23 AM
May 2013
Tougou had a bad idea luring the vertex , should've destroyed the barrier to make sure her plan works .
I'm siding with Tougou because dying > living in eternal despair .
Jul 7, 2016 4:57 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Karin really put a show, I wanted to embrace her myself and say good work! Poor Karin, also Tougou Mimori, be a good girl and let Yunna stop you!!
Jul 31, 2016 1:24 PM

Apr 2012
I also don't think Togo is doing the wrong thing tbh lol. It's better to be dead than to slowly lose the use of your senses and limbs and eventually end up a vegetable in bed forever and ever, unable to do anything for yourself or even TO die.

I shed tears over Karin thooooooo. Was so horrified when she kept going Mankai over and over. "Did you see my awesome fight?" fbjgsfhgjdshbh
Aug 21, 2016 9:57 PM

Mar 2008
And that is why Karin is best girl.

Sep 15, 2016 8:28 AM

Mar 2015
OP Song: 3/5

Karin Bankai form is quite epic! The way she owned them single handedly is BA!

I wish for a happy ending, please Takahiro-sama!!!

4.4/5
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

188 by satomae »»
Apr 23, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

142 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

98 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

58 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 7, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2014

67 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 4, 2:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.