Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Nov 30, 2014 10:10 AM

Jan 2013
Hmm, is Mika asymptomatic too?
Kasei mentioned that whoever digs out the AA files runs the risks of revealing societies' deepest secrets and is potentially asymptomatic.

Togane was also surprised how little her psycho pass changed despite the situation she was in.
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Nov 30, 2014 10:51 AM

Aug 2011
Mika has been so annoying all season, I am glad she's finally suffering... :I
Nov 30, 2014 1:34 PM

Sep 2013
Maybe it is just me but the first season seems much better in my eyes.
Psycho pass 2 isn't bad, it is intersting and exciting at times but.. it just doesn't have the soul that made season one such a unique anime.

The main villain is miles behind our lovely Makishima. Kogami's missing role has left a big hole in the excitement part of having a main action lead. The story seem to have alot of plot-twists and somehow disrespects the first season's story-line by making some story aspecs from that season less important. The pace of the anime is overall not as good as the first season and feels sometimes... I don't know, it is not bad but it just doesn't feel right.

I am not quite sure about the source material of Psycho pass but this season just feels like a filler. Wether it actually is or not is something I don't know about, but for me it just seems a filler-quality season that has the feel of the original anime but doesn't have the soul or the proper characters.

Ehhh, decent anime... I just awaited much more as the first season really made me fall in love with it.
Nov 30, 2014 1:39 PM

Nov 2014
Rayzer said:
christinabunny said:
My most hated character finally gets it lol

When she was doing her report and writing awesome stuff I was like OMG WHAT'S HAPPENING SHE'S NOT BEING USELESS.. and then she ends it with blaming it on Akane like ALWAYS.. She's so freaking dumb. Learn from your superior who actually does shit unlike her and the freaking HOSTAGE situation before.

I'm glad with this ending. I hope she gets a hard slap in the face about the sibyl system.

*Claps*

Wow I didn't expect this comment from a girl. Or you are just making fun of your username and gender on your profile?
Mika Shimotsuki's attitude and actions was very typical to a stubborn girl who likes to "backstab" people she hates.
If you are really a girl I'm pretty sure you did this kind of stuff too.

Even for a girl, this is pretty extreme..
However, I couldn't care less about what Mika does because Akane no longer holds a special spot in my heart and whatever loyalty I felt towards her from season 1 has died now that's she's done nothing but dream about Kougami.
Nov 30, 2014 2:57 PM

May 2012
christinabunny said:
My most hated character finally gets it lol

When she was doing her report and writing awesome stuff I was like OMG WHAT'S HAPPENING SHE'S NOT BEING USELESS.. and then she ends it with blaming it on Akane like ALWAYS.. She's so freaking dumb. Learn from your superior who actually does shit unlike her and the freaking HOSTAGE situation before.

I'm glad with this ending. I hope she gets a hard slap in the face about the sibyl system.

*Claps*

Hahaha! I couldnt word it better!

I was laughing soooo hard to focus on anything else.
But wait...Togane's mother....Ohh wtf!

But hahahaha In your face, Shitmotsuki...IN your face!!
Kill her Togane....and you will be useful! :D
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Nov 30, 2014 4:23 PM
Oct 2014
BlackShock_ said:
Hmm, is Mika asymptomatic too?
Kasei mentioned that whoever digs out the AA files runs the risks of revealing societies' deepest secrets and is potentially asymptomatic.

Togane was also surprised how little her psycho pass changed despite the situation she was in.

No, that's not what she meant. The trap contains information about AA, which is Togane's birth secret, not makes people who are digging it to be asymptomatic.

Mika's PP changed a little means that she's just like Akane. Well since she doesn't commit crime then she is not truly asymptomatic.
Nov 30, 2014 7:07 PM

Apr 2012
This season shouldn't happen this way, it sucks. What a disappointment.
Nov 30, 2014 11:32 PM

Jun 2011
woah...just when i thought the series was getting boring, there are suddenly bunch of revelations. awesome. Mika's annoying but she was quite useful in this episode (?)
I'm worried about Akane's grandma...
Dec 1, 2014 1:11 AM

Jun 2013
I knew shit was going to happen to that idealistic Mika from ep 1. I always felt that the writer just wanted to have a victim to break down.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Dec 1, 2014 2:16 AM

Dec 2012
Goodbye, Psycho-Pass 2. I hope your new fans will appreciate many flaws that you have. And I hope you are considered as a spin-off.
I like anime.
Dec 1, 2014 6:09 PM

Mar 2012
Funny how both this week's episodes of Kiseijuu and Psycho Pass featured a woman trying to solve something, getting in way over her head, and being pretty much fucked by the end of the episode.
Dec 1, 2014 7:40 PM

Nov 2014
The fact people can get so angry over such shallow characters..
Dec 1, 2014 9:39 PM

Jul 2009
Interesting twist. Mika's annoying but I still hope she makes it out fine, nothing feels better than someone admitting they were wrong and redeeming herself later on.

However, what I still don't like is the dynamic of the plot. There still isn't as much philosophical substance to the story as the original. It's just straight-up good and evil, with a dash of panopticon study. The season is no longer a mystery or questioning of society, it's just a thriller hiding under the pretense of morals.

Like, what? Kamui is made up of 184 people? That writing is like SAC/2nd Gig, but bad.

I suppose this is what happens when you inundate a short cours with rank newcomers.
Py687Dec 1, 2014 9:43 PM
Dec 1, 2014 11:43 PM

Aug 2011
At least Mika will definitely start having a legitimate purpose now...right? I hope they don't kill her, but you honestly can't blame the viewer for not caring.

There are far too many issues with this season to begin talking about them; last season was just written with so much more care and control. I don't think thriller vs philosophical is the real problem, just the idea that they could somehow make it more interesting by throwing in a whole mess of plot elements that don't mesh. More "plot" happened in these last two episodes than in the whole first season.

I really hope the movie can give this world the closure it deserves.
Dec 2, 2014 11:19 AM

Aug 2011
For a split second, I actually thought Mika got her head out of her ass and FINALLY did something useful by getting that information, and then she had to blame Akane on everything. I'm guessing she thought she'd get her way, Akane fired and be the hero and get all the glory by being the perfect example of a good detective playing it by the books. THAT ONE BACKFIRED ON YOU, HUH. She had it coming for a while now. If she makes it out of the situation she put herself into, she better get some sense in her afterwards. If not, she can just eff off and pretty much no-one would miss her.

Kamui, man. I can't even think of him as a villain anymore, I just pity the guy.

[spoiler]Didn't think Togane would be the Chief's son. How he called her 'mother' weirded me out though - she operates with hundreds of collected asymptomatic criminals' brains - the only thing that remains from the person she was is her appearance. Even her body was bionic, if not all mechanical.
死ねカス国に帰れ
Dec 3, 2014 3:01 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode full of suspense, not to be called a conceited person, but on certain revelations I had been right, that then was not so difficult to decipher the plot given the many clues.
The only flaws I can blame for this TV series is the speed with which the story is told and the quality of the designs and animations not excelled.
Also a certain lack of attention to detail, I might add.
However, it is an anime that has proved very valuable.
I can not wait to see the next episode.
Dec 3, 2014 3:42 PM

Jun 2008
Serves you right Mika.
Dec 3, 2014 10:57 PM

Jan 2011
Tenko-san said:
ReB3LdE said:

No, you are not alone, i have been irritated since the moment she learned the truth and didn't say anything

Well, what should she do? Just shout: "Hey, the Sibyl System is nothing but brains of criminals?!" Nobody would believe her and she would be faster dead than that she could achieve anything.
To bring down this system she needs the trust of the system, more information about it (like weaknesses, etc...) and she needs to combine forces with some people. (...yeah, I know you'll say: she could have already started with that in S2 but well... that's what the film is for.=

And I think that the main problem is: even if you can bring down this system what comes after that? If you start a revolution, you'll also have to think of a complete new system which surpasses the old system. Because if you don't, there will be nothing but chaos. People are usually afraid or at least they are not really fond of changes. So if you don't present them a better alternative, the old system will be brought back at the end.
It's not like the Sibyl System is something complete bad. It's also something that reduces criminality, helps civilians to use their possibilities to their fullest (tells them which jobs they should do), etc...
The mentality of people of the Psycho Pass society is different from ours. A good example is one of Akane's friends (the one who was killed by Makishima in S1). She said that she didn't know what she should without Sybil System guiding her.
So, I doubt that these people would easily accept going back to a society like ours or so.
Iirc they pretty much spelled this out back in season 1, yet still we see the "hurdur she's a useless bitch" comments.
Dec 4, 2014 10:38 PM

Mar 2009
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Goodbye, Psycho-Pass 2. I hope your new fans will appreciate many flaws that you have. And I hope you are considered as a spin-off.

As far as I'm concerned, Season 2 doesn't exist.
Dec 5, 2014 1:16 PM

Nov 2013
10/10 Mika tears are delicious.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 5, 2014 7:44 PM

Dec 2008
Mother? Now that's a plot twist I didn't expect! Mother didn't lie. That busy body Inspector IS about to get eaten alive. I feel no pity for her.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 6, 2014 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
Oh Mika, you were an idiot the whole time and now because you are so stupid you're going to pay for it.
Dec 7, 2014 5:14 AM

Dec 2010
I can't get tired of reading the comments, lol. I had to agree that she wasn't much to blame this time, she'd never have suspected some conspiracy behind Sybil with her mindset

The twists concern me though, they don't seem much plausible at all.
Dec 7, 2014 5:45 PM

Jul 2013
TheGrandSage23 said:
Calling Mika nosy is quite hilarious considering her job occupation.. I have nothing bad to say about her this episode.. She found out valuable information on her own.. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.. But then again she should've alerted Akane...

+1
This episode she did her thing, but instead of filing a report she should've alerted Akane because now she's in deep shit, poor her...
Dec 8, 2014 2:02 AM

May 2013
ShingekiMZ said:
TheGrandSage23 said:
Calling Mika nosy is quite hilarious considering her job occupation.. I have nothing bad to say about her this episode.. She found out valuable information on her own.. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.. But then again she should've alerted Akane...

+1
This episode she did her thing, but instead of filing a report she should've alerted Akane because now she's in deep shit, poor her...

Yeah, but her main issue is the fact that she doesn't trust Akane as an inspector. She'd have far fewer problems if she'd just listened and trusted her from the get-go.

I feel for her, though. Lack of trust isn't something you can fix on your own, and Akane doesn't put any effort in, either. Poor girl. =[ She's going to be a heartfelt sacrifice.
Dec 8, 2014 2:27 AM

Jan 2013
Man what an ending!!!

Poor Mika though :(
Dec 10, 2014 10:37 AM

Jul 2009
What a twist!!!
When Mika was actually doing a good job it happened! So Sakuya is Kasei's son, would never guess! It just gets more amazing each episode!
Dec 11, 2014 12:36 PM

Feb 2014
Holy shit what an intense episode. Mika you were actually improving until you decided to write about Akane suspension , sucks to be you. Kamui background was quite intriguing.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Dec 12, 2014 1:14 PM

Oct 2012
I still find it hard to believe that there can be someone with 7 different brain tissues (cause that's a lot different from several hundred UNDAMAGED brains connected together) but we have to believe that neurochirurgy will have gotten many steps forward in the future.

I also find it weird that there are individuals who can change Psycho-Pass of others solely by meditation but at least let's guess it's not short process and that it needs a time.

And well done, Mika, you managed to reveal everything with you deductive methods in this episode, and I really like how they portray you way of thinking this episode. Now I'm just affraid what Tougane is planning with you.

It seems that they are preparing the ground for final fight pretty fast and considering that Tougane is one big antagonist I wonder which side Akane sides with. Hopefully, she and Kamui stands together against Sybil but that's seems very unlikely. Cause as the story goes he will get himself killed just for her to finally realizes that she cannot tolerat Sybil any further. As reaction to that, Sybil will reveal itself to public, effectively stopping her in her tracks. Cliffhanger and tadaa, the movie.
Dec 12, 2014 10:10 PM

Jan 2013
Competent episode, she's learning the secret too
Dec 16, 2014 2:34 AM
Jul 2018
Oh so that’s where the scars from his head came from, I was wondering about that! So I’m guessing that no one ever gets transplants in that era, Kamui was able to hid because of the transplants. But then again most people would only have 1 transplant 2 maximum; I’m surprised they didn’t think of updating Sybil with the ability to differentiate between transplants from dead people and the original organs of the person receiving the implants. Either way he’s way of revenge against the Togane foundation and Sybil is wrong.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!! When I finally thought Mika was useful she gets captured by Togane and his mom! Omg that was intense. I can’t wait till Akane finds out about this and see her reaction!
Dec 17, 2014 2:35 AM

Jun 2014
Anyone notice the resemblance of Shou to L from Death Note? So cute!
Dec 19, 2014 1:03 AM
Jun 2012
Meh. I'm disappointed that they went this "society ignored me so I became coolcute man-slaughtering psychopath" route again. I can't relate to this at all.

Mika showing some crazy detective skills, then again blaming Akane for everything...

I don't understand why Akane suddenly became a problem for Sybil. From everything we have seen so far Sybil can dispose of her at any moment and did not do so only because she is useful. Why sudden change?

Otherwise as entertaining as ever.
Dec 20, 2014 7:24 PM

Feb 2013
Mika didn't even know what "AA" was... it's about time she started to become useful to the story.
Dec 25, 2014 2:13 PM

May 2012
That ending! Oh boy oh boy, that's what you get when you're searching for stuff you're not supposed to search for...
Dec 28, 2014 12:43 AM

Jun 2013
Mika proved that she is at the least useful in some way but in the end, owing to her greediness getting the better of her, she got what she deserved.. I wonder how her PP is still stable when she blatantly wrote that Akane needs to be relieved of her duties.. somewhat absurd if you ask me..
Tougane's mother's there in Sibyl eh.. that was a different twist that i was not expecting but at the same time it was somewhat simple.. Tougane's character portrayal now is somewhat disappointing since it was revealed that he is associated with Sibyl..
Kamui having 185 people's body parts is unheard of.. I mean, this anime still consists of irregularities and we are yet to know the full details of Sibyl system and the motives of Tougane..
Would not be impressed if the show heads into a downward spiral from now on..
Jan 2, 2015 4:16 AM

May 2014
What an episode! >:D
Kamui is Frankenstein, Tougane's secret is revealed and Mika is being useful. But she get caught *facepalm* I'm expecting an epic end for this season :D
Jan 7, 2015 3:15 AM

Jun 2013
Mika, that's a karma for you.

Kamui's goal is to overturn the Sibyl System. While Masuzaki explains to Saiga how he killed influential people and replaced them with imposters, Akane and others conclude that all of the 184 hologram victims are Kamui's characters, while the imposters that were used as replacements were illegal immigrants.

PLOT TWIST EVERYWHERE.
Jan 27, 2015 8:36 AM

Jan 2015
Too much smartness of Mika went in the wrong direction but all the way I feel Sibyl system is the terror itself
Feb 13, 2015 12:48 PM

Mar 2008
So far I've enjoyed the 2nd season more than the first.
Feb 18, 2015 5:54 AM
Nov 2013
Kay3a said:
Anyone notice the resemblance of Shou to L from Death Note? So cute!

YESH same here
Feb 22, 2015 6:28 AM

Jan 2014
Wow. He has a great mother. Or mothers :D
Feb 26, 2015 1:17 PM
Jul 2014
Inspector Bitch Shimotsuki got what she deserved! What a great Anime!!!
Mar 9, 2015 12:11 PM

Jan 2013
This OP is obnoxious to watch. Holy shit.
Apr 17, 2015 9:38 AM

Jan 2013
Whelp ... goodbye Mika.
AllTJAck said:

I'm having issue with how they are seeming to change sybil's characterisation cause it seems to be acting more selfishly and scheming alot more, and combine with the implication of societal control during the season in hell, its becoming more of a classic dystopian dictator system rather then the morally gray social management system of the first season

Yeah same here, even though its still interesting though.
Apr 20, 2015 7:08 PM
Mar 2009
So Kirito is basically Frankenstein. Hahaha. And his ultimate goal is to get back at Sakuya's mother, not necessarily at Sibyl as a whole. Welp, that was underwhelming. Guess that also explains why they don't want his brain; it's just 5 ordinary peoples' brains sewn together.

Poor Mika, she finally does detective work which is her job, but then she decided to try and take Akane off. I wonder what her reaction will be like compared to Akane's, once she sees Sibyl.
May 6, 2015 2:04 AM
Jul 2018
I hated Mika, but I thought she was a good balance to Akane's personality of not going by the book. But she dug too deep into things, and it backfired on her.

From a in-universe perspective, the whole thing about Kamui being made up of different body parts and that's why he can't be detected is interesting. But from a story telling perspective, it's kind of...whaaaa?

I still like this season so far. Not as good as the first, but I had no delusion it would be. With only 3 episodes left, I hope it ends well.
May 8, 2015 7:06 PM

Oct 2014
Oh man I hope she dies. Mika is such a whiney bitch
May 10, 2015 12:50 PM
Dec 2014
Mika is so annoying.
Jun 7, 2015 4:07 PM

Apr 2014
No I was just starting to tolerate Mika. :c But yeah she was going to blame Akane in the end hah she'll get what she deserves for that, she should've tried to work with her instead of against her.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

641 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

264 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

336 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

272 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2014

451 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 6, 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.