3It was OK
12.2%
2Disliked it
3.9%
1Hated it
2.3%
Average 4.3
617 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 27, 2014 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Mika you silly.

Kinda curious to see how Akane's plan will work with all this buildup. Mika should consider protecting herself if she doesn't want to know too much. These experiments can be quite ominous..AA. She's definitely at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Nov 27, 2014 8:25 AM

Oct 2010
Mika was actually useful this episode. TOO BAD SHE GOT REKT

Nov 27, 2014 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
Kamui guy's life before acting out, and got those helpers. Seeing the ugly side of the world.

That new girl tracking the past activities of Kamui guy's group. One of the scientists involving in the experiment is that Fujiwara-san's character's mother. She got tricked from doing those research? And the leader is the mother who was supposed to be dead? Now she knows the same thing? as the main girl does?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 27, 2014 8:41 AM

Mar 2014
what were did yall watch it </3
Nov 27, 2014 9:19 AM

Apr 2013
Mika proving that she is not completely worthless?

A NOT. She fell hook, line and sinker for Sibyl's scheme and got SERVED. That entire sequence almost redeemed the awfulness of her character this entire season. I'm loving the twists upon twists. It's all out war against Kamui and Sibyl, and Akane is stuck right in the middle. Let the games begin.
dankzelNov 28, 2014 10:08 AM
Nov 27, 2014 9:21 AM

Jan 2014
O SNAP. Shit went down and Mika is on the Sybil's pain train.
Nov 27, 2014 9:27 AM

Jun 2009
wait kasai is touganes other with the brain of a guy right soo many body parts sharing in one person :D well mika is soo good as done for that happens when you stick your nose too deep in stuff that isn't your business
Nov 27, 2014 9:31 AM

Sep 2012
Good job Mika for sticking your nose into some deep shit and fuckin' yerself over.
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 27, 2014 9:42 AM

Sep 2013
That bitch deserves it. Does everything wrong at the right time.

Useful or not, I don't feel any sympathy for her.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Nov 27, 2014 9:45 AM

Aug 2010
Rejoice Mika haters lol XD Me included :D

Well she was pretty useful this ep with how she made the plot clear with her report ^^ Nice revelations we got there. Still enjoyed her crying like a little girl at the end :P She's officially their toy now XD

Didn't expect Togane to be Chief's "son" :O and although it was already mentioned before finally we know the context of why he wants to make Akane's color black.
So he's completely on Sibyl's side.

Kamui being made off 184 parts is just tooo much O_O What kind of mad surgical skills are needed to succeed in that kind of surgery.
Nov 27, 2014 9:50 AM

Apr 2013
chakracat said:
Good job Mika for sticking your nose into some deep shit and fuckin' yerself over.
Nov 27, 2014 9:53 AM
Jan 2010
Once again Psycho Pass, making me feel a little uncomfortable. Kamui is just meatball full of processed meat. Ew.

I think that was a bold move...making all those key characters in season 1 mere holograms by the "mastermind" Kamui. Though I also feel a bit flustered considering they just threw season 1 back in our faces. And it seems like season 2 is trying to make Kamui a bigger if not the biggest villain right next to Makishima and Tougane...but in my eyes Makishima was much more cunning and calculative. Kamui's doings were kinda laid out for him. (NOT HATING)

As for Shimotsuki...I can't even hate her anymore. I pity her. I expected some character growth at this time of the series...but she just kept digging her own grave...deeper and deeper. Not to mention she always tries to tie everything to getting Akane fired LOL.

One more person to know secrets of Sybil, BUT SHE DOES NOT WANT TO KNOW. That's one thing I approve about her character...trying to look out only for herself. Totally a model human being. Nothing wrong with that. But who knows, the makers of the anime just totally want her to be hated or totally want her to be sympathized. I am going toward the latter. Let's see if she tries to get Akane fired again.
Nov 27, 2014 9:56 AM

Jul 2013
Just kill her,she needs to stop poking her nose into things she can barely handle. Trying to impress people and now she got herself eaten alive.
Nov 27, 2014 9:57 AM

Dec 2012
Shit- Mika got fucked over by Sibyl.

All that Kamui shit was kind of silly though.
Nov 27, 2014 10:00 AM

Jun 2014
Well,at least the series finally reached so bad it's hilarious status.
I had to stop several times during the info dump.because I was laughing so hard.

This season is so fucking stupid.
Nov 27, 2014 10:10 AM
Jan 2014
Make that 185 body parts, that Kamui's body is comprised of, with the addition of Div 2 Inspector Shisui's right eye.

As the anime is nearing it's ending, everything is heading towards the Sibyl System yet again, which is not surprising indeed. I guess this episode cleared out some of Kamui's motives, but it made Tougane's portrayal as a character very weak. You could say that he is a part of Sibyl in general, but we still don't know how many more surprises it holds. Since we do know that Mrs. Tougane's brain is a part of the system, but who knows what kind of relation the rest of the brains, which add to the system as a whole have in store.

Can't say Shimotsuki didn't deserve the situation she's in currently. I mean, all that constant grieve towards Akane had to lead to somewhere unpleasant. Well, she is in for one heck of a ride, that's for sure.

Obidabo_08 said:
So the mother has control of the sibyl system and wants to color all her Inspectors black? I can't see how this will make any sense.

Maybe they are just afraid of people who are either criminally asymptomatic in general, or share Akane's constantly bright hue. Either way, both are big threats to the system as a whole and need to be dealt with.
ResidentNov 27, 2014 10:35 AM
Nov 27, 2014 10:10 AM

Mar 2013
For some reason each time there's a huge twist (if you can even call it that) I expect to feel some kind of emotion whether it be mild surprise or shock or something... but I don't. Just goes to show how bad the story is. This episode finally convinced me that season 2 is just horrible and it's an insult to compare it to season 1..
Nov 27, 2014 10:15 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
get rekt mika.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 27, 2014 10:21 AM

Dec 2013
renkinotaku said:

As for Shimotsuki...I can't even hate her anymore. I pity her. I expected some character growth at this time of the series...but she just kept digging her own grave...deeper and deeper.

Mika seems explicitly written to be a hate-sink and it bothers me so much. Did they decide the villains weren't unlikable enough or...? I can't find pity or dislike I'm just like what purpose does this character serve? Either way she's about to have a rough couple of the rest of her life

Kamui doesn't quite do it for me in terms of villainy. The ironic thing is that dismantling Sybil is what everyone's been saying needs to be done since season 1, and yet the one's who've been trying to do this are all antagonists; I actually think in Kamui's case that weakens his impact as a villain. It's hard to be like "oh you monster" when he's fighting against something so screwed up. Makashima sold it better because he was genuinely amoral, but Kamui is just...really pissed about a plane crash?

also, the logic by which a person with transplants can become a "ghost" seems kinda arbitary. I guess it's the partial brain transplants (???) that did it? But how the hell do you transplant dead brain matter? Or are they implying that other live victims were killed off to make Kamui the "only" survivor?

P.S. Dear Diary, Saiga x Coffee x Scarves OT3
Draw me like one of your Ito girls
Nov 27, 2014 10:21 AM

Apr 2014
Fuck! Why I am so fucking genius?!!! The writing of the New Writer was too fucking predictable!
[quote=Rayzer]
So is Sakuya Tougane was the son of Chief Kasei? And his target to eliminate was Akane?!
Ah Mika what have you just done? You may be the next Kagiri for discovering Chief Kasei's Secrets![/quote]
So I'm really right after all about I said 3 weeks ago huh? Damn! They should hire New Writer because the story of Kamui is fucking unbelievable!
Poor Mika Shimotsuki just after she found out those things she got trapped inside a serious trouble.

ABeautifulTable said:
get rekt mika.

Too bad for you and her HATERS.
Because:
RayzerNov 27, 2014 10:24 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Nov 27, 2014 10:23 AM

May 2013
Lol Mika is in trouble now. I guess she deserved it for being to nosy.
Nov 27, 2014 10:23 AM

Apr 2011
It's about time Mika was useful though I still hate her so I don't feel sorry for her in this situation.
Nov 27, 2014 10:26 AM

Oct 2014
Dat plot twist! With a happy ending too. That's what you get for being a whiney little bitch Mika-chan ^v^ I can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 27, 2014 10:29 AM

Mar 2014
why do they want to make akane/ all the inspectors colour black? or havent they revealed that yet?

im really slow when it comes to these things :S
Nov 27, 2014 10:33 AM

Oct 2014
Aw, Poor Mika, now what's gonna happen to her?

So does this make Kamui the good guy???????

I always knew that Togane is bad news
Nov 27, 2014 10:38 AM

Mar 2014
Calling Mika nosy is quite hilarious considering her job occupation.. I have nothing bad to say about her this episode.. She found out valuable information on her own.. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.. But then again she should've alerted Akane... People will rag on her regardless.The episode was predictable .But at this point I don't expect nothing less from this anime or the fanbase.. Althea execution was good though

3.5/5 I still find Kamui being made of body parts ridiculous
TheGrandSage23Nov 27, 2014 10:46 AM
Nov 27, 2014 10:38 AM

Jan 2013
So Togane works for the sibyl system? But why do they want to get rid of Akane? I'm confused x.x

Nov 27, 2014 10:41 AM

Mar 2014
Lichtspiel said:
So Togane works for the sibyl system? But why do they want to get rid of Akane? I'm confused x.x

Because Akane isn't sheep and her psycho pass
TheGrandSage23Nov 27, 2014 10:44 AM
Nov 27, 2014 10:43 AM

Apr 2014
Lichtspiel said:

All people that can't be judge by "Sibyl System" was considered as threat after committing or witnessing a crime which are people who's "Psycho-Pass" can't be clouded (Easily?).
Nov 27, 2014 10:47 AM

Jan 2013
Kinda feel confused by this week's episode :/

They made it sound as if brain-linking experiment was first introduced by Tougane foundation, while we know that Sibyl is comprised of brains, and that surgeon revealed/hinted that plane crash could have been orchestrated in order to leave Sibyl in place. Unless before that Sibyl was truly fully computer-based.

Also why invent the whole AA crap when they casually used criminally asymptomatic before.

Anyway, that's it for Mika. I kinda pity her. She's been trying to get Tsunemori in trouble and in the end got bitten in the ass by her own behind-the-scene shenanigans.
Nov 27, 2014 10:58 AM

Jul 2014
184 corpses?Holy!
And I think what's being done to Mika,now that's going a bit too far.She was asking for it but that's just....awful. :D
Nov 27, 2014 11:04 AM

Feb 2013
I'm i the only one thats irritated that after all the events that took place in season 1 Akane still doesn't do anything about the sibyl system? i mean if i were in her place i would try to find ways to end it than just do nothing.
Nov 27, 2014 11:05 AM

Jun 2014
So Kamui is basically Frankenstein's monster, without the lightning.

Nov 27, 2014 11:06 AM

Oct 2013
The moment I heard about the brain surgery and combining personalities, I instantly new that the Togane Foundation developed the Sibyl System or was at least very influential. We need Makishima and Kogami back. Too bad one is dead and the other just left society...or did he?
Nov 27, 2014 11:07 AM

Aug 2014
VanishingKira said:

Somehow I gain some strange pleasure from the last scene, I just had to watch it over and over again. The fear in her eyes, her desperate struggle and screams..

184 Corpse into 1 body.. Omg, Kamui.
I love Minimalist Arts. Such Simplicity, yet hold so much Meanings to me.
Nov 27, 2014 11:08 AM
May 2014
I'm liking this alot.
As someone said, "Urobuchi may not be writing this, but his spirit is with us!".
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Nov 27, 2014 11:10 AM

Mar 2008
Damn. The chief appears to be the final villain. No doubt Kouga will return to fuck her up.
Nov 27, 2014 11:11 AM

Aug 2013
Michael5191 said:
VanishingKira said:

Somehow I gain some strange pleasure from the last scene, I just had to watch it over and over again. The fear in her eyes, her desperate struggle and screams..

184 Corpse into 1 body.. Omg, Kamui.

Yeah, I hated her too :p
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 27, 2014 11:13 AM

Apr 2014
HogPlum said:
Damn. The chief appears to be the final villain. No doubt Kouga will return to fuck her up.

Huh? But that contradicts the Psycho-Pass Movie so how could they connect the Season 2 and the Movie if that was going to be true?
Nov 27, 2014 11:22 AM

Feb 2011
lol mika found the tecnologies to put the brains into sybil
oh the chief appearance is the appearance of the scientist who developed that tecnolocy, sort of sybil's mom

and mika sent those infos to the chief... plus the chief says she's criminally anymptomatic...
well, welcome to the brains mika

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Nov 27, 2014 11:24 AM

Jun 2008
Rayzer said:
HogPlum said:

Huh? But that contradicts the Psycho-Pass Movie so how could they connect the Season 2 and the Movie if that was going to be true?

They'll probably just keep quite about it and sweep this case under the carpet again like what happened in Season 1.

and Lol Mika, you still didn't trust Akane and also try to throw her under the bus, she deserved that.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 27, 2014 11:25 AM

Feb 2011
shinezu said:
They made it sound as if brain-linking experiment was first introduced by Tougane foundation, while we know that Sibyl is comprised of brains, and that surgeon revealed/hinted that plane crash could have been orchestrated in order to leave Sibyl in place. Unless before that Sibyl was truly fully computer-based.

what if, the tougane foundation was the one to develop the sybil system?

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Nov 27, 2014 11:29 AM

May 2010
I don't understand why Mika dislikes Akane so much? What did she do?
But I liked that she investigated on her own.
She found out some really useful information and I thought she would just save it to her laptop in case something happens to her at first.
But then she send it to the Chief...
When she said 'I'm sure Chief Kasei understands' I just thought '....no...She won't'.

Sibyl consists of brains so Touganes 'mother' (if you can even call that) was probably criminally asymptomatic and when she 'died' she just became a part of Sibyl.

So the surgery is actually that advanced that they can 'recreate' a human.
I guess Touganes mother was able to orchestrate it because she was asymptomatic.
So Kamui hates the Tougane foundation because they did it and Sibyl because they allowed it to happen?
I can understand him that is really fucked up after all.
I did not fully understand why the plane and many others crashed, though...
Nov 27, 2014 11:34 AM

Jul 2010
This episode!

Kamui being a like a corpse made from all the victims of the accident. The conspiracy theory of deliberately making the Sibyl system staying!

The Tougane foundation and Tougane's background was pretty neat. Mika finding all those and sending a report to the chief. The chief being Tougane's mom! So the use of Akane as said of from the first season comes to an end? The chief seems pretty evil :O Mika getting that treatment for finding out the truth, her panic, wonder if her psycho pass took a nosedive after that.
Nov 27, 2014 11:37 AM

Nov 2014
dope, liked it, but it's only episode 8 and seems as though we already have all twists offered to us, i hope there is more to come....kougami shows up soon hopefully!!
Nov 27, 2014 11:40 AM

Jun 2014
That Kamui reveal... Yeah, there goes the rating.
Nov 27, 2014 11:46 AM

Oct 2014
A living human with dead body parts WTF?
Nov 27, 2014 11:54 AM

May 2014
it's kinda strange that everyone hates shimotsky, since she is (as some one mentioned in the above comments) an "ideal" typical human model, but tbh i think they kinda went overboard in this episode, the amount of info they revealed was "too mush too soon"ich in my opinion, and basing on it people will now be able to figure out the eventual unfolding of the plot, hence less plot twists, but YOU GOT TO LOVE THE CONTROVERSY IN THIS ANIME, the writers know what people wanna see and they give it to them, not to mention the diversity of the characters is really refreshing, so to all those who are hating on shimotsky : her character is a must in these kind of anime so deal with it :P
Nov 27, 2014 11:54 AM

May 2014
VanishingKira said:

LMAO :'D
Nov 27, 2014 11:57 AM

Aug 2014
VanishingKira said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

640 by Actomino »»
Yesterday, 4:32 PM

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

271 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.