Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2011 2:42 AM

May 2008
One word, AMAZING!!!!!!!!! That's how the movie was, simply Amazing. Eva 2.22 took the series to a whole another level.

Asuka was more tsunade here but that's fine and Mari was a great new character for the series and I want to see more of her. Rei seemed to have more emotion this time and that she really cared for Shinji. Not to mention trying to bring him and Gendou closer together, I like it. This new side of Rei is a big plus. Shinji still had his father issues with Gendou but he seemed less whiny and acted more like a bad-ass when he was fighting the Angels (especially the last Angel at the end) and just like with Rei, it was a big plus.

Speaking of Shinji and Rei, I really like their relationship here more than in the TV series. Shinji and Asuka were a good couple in the TV series but Shinji and Rei in the Rebuild series just feels more real to me.

Misato, Gendou, Kaji and the rest of the cast were great here too. I don't have much to say about them but I will say that the scene where Kaji was acting gay to Shinji was hilarious.

Overall, loved the movie and I can't wait for Evangelion 3.0; 10/10.
Nara-SamaAug 30, 2011 2:47 AM
Oct 21, 2011 5:09 AM
May 2011
1.0 was great.
2.0 is a goddammed masterpiece.
Dec 17, 2011 11:45 AM

Dec 2010
My thoughts while I was watching:

IMO this part was really epic, I can't say anything less. I wonder if I like the character development on Rei or not. It's hard to say, 'cause I may not like it comparing this movie to NGE, but back there she died, and got cloned(that part ruined NGE for me), and here she survived. Same goes for Shinji... all in all I always wanted for Shinji to act for once in NGE like he acted in the end of Rebuild 2.0.
All in all I think I liked this movie it goes well after the previous part(which different to most of you I like as much if not even more). Only the ending was kinda' meh for me - considering we have to watch this much for the next sequel to come it ended too openly. On the good side the movie is well built for an alternate storyline. On the bad side... did Asuka really die?

My personal score on this movie won't be as long as 1.0 considering that most of what I said goes for this part too, but still here it comes:

1. Characters. +1. Even if I'm not sure what I think about Shinji and Rei's character development there is still Asuka in this sequel(wait, did she really die?) and she's enough to give one point to the score. Mari was cool too, although I expected her to take more important role.
2. Atmosphere. +1. The atmosphere was epic as can be! At all the time I was feeling good about it and at the end I had feeling that the world has come to an end.
3. OST. +1. The children songs were OK with me, and the ED was the same as 1.0 - totally fits the Rebuilds if you ask me.
4. Animation. +1. Of course. This is where Rebuild of Evangelion beats NGE for sure. Probably the best animation along all the animes at the moment.
5. Background story. +1. It's somewhat the same as NGE and the same as 1.0 so how can I not give a point here? I just love EVA's background story.
6. Storyline. I somehow didn't feel comfortable with the storyline at all the time, some of the altered parts' changes... I don't like the way they did it. Especially if Asuka's dead. But I had feeling that the plot was thrown at a total disorder. Mari's showings were kinda' out of place for me.
7. Ending. The ending was epic, but still it left me unsatisfied. I guess that's the point - else why would I watch the next sequel. Still, I felt bad about it. Too opened and I didn't understand the half of what actually happened.
8. Fight scenes. +1. Of course yes! The battles were totally awesome and badass, nonetheless.
9. Drama. +1. I must admit, that this anime is as moving as every EVA anime I've watched to now. I can't say a bad word about the drama in this sequel.
10. Overall feeling. +1. Even if most of the plot alterations didn't make sense to me before watching the rest of the (unreleased)sequels, we're talking about Evangelion here. How can I regret watching it at all? Even if important parts are altered, there is still too much good about Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0
Overall score: 8/10.
MeritasDec 17, 2011 11:51 AM
Jan 14, 2012 5:16 PM

May 2008
I just dont know. Animation, Story was fantastic but I just didnt enjoy it as much. The character didnt click with me. I was more of an Asuka fan so when that scene happened to her ..... well i spent half the movie being pissed that she got killed off until I saw the final moments of the trailer for Evangelion 3.0 .... argh .... might have to re-watch it again.

The movie is epic though.
Feb 27, 2012 10:04 PM

Oct 2011
just awesome
Nope.
Mar 25, 2012 2:51 AM
Nov 2011
Much, much better than the last one. I'm not asamed to say that the ending dragged the score higher. 8/10, definitely.
Apr 18, 2012 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
That was freakin AWESOME
removed-userApr 19, 2012 2:53 AM
Apr 29, 2012 3:27 AM

Sep 2009
Not sure what to think.
Loved the scene where the new chick breaks Shinji's MP3 player so it goes past 25-26.
Aka.
It's forshadowng an evolution past the biggest pile of shit ending pre Mass Effect 3.

Liked the new characters.
Didn't give a shit about the old characters really.

Enjoyed the ending.
Disappoint they resurrected Asuka.

Something something penguins rock. ♥
Jun 26, 2012 8:39 AM

Jul 2011
I used to hate the three pilots in the series, shinji was so annoying with his constant whine and wimpiness , asuka was my most hated character of all anime i ever watched with her stuck up bitch attitude and got no redeeming quality, and rei .....'meh , a blank white wall was much more interesting than her.

but after watching this , my view of them has changed drastically. Shinji finally do something for himself and become a determined young man , Asuka finally show her dere side and i like how they replace touji with asuka to pilot eva-03 , making the scene much more emotional , and rei finally show some emotion and it was her cute side on top of it. Those are the things i've been longing for at the series but it never came even after EoE. To make it much more amazing is how they still keep their trait from the series and only made a little change so the character don't feel like a different character from the series.

10/10 from me.
Jun 26, 2012 9:05 AM

Jun 2012
First of all, I love the HD graphics updated in the movie.
Second of all, I love how it was almost as if the directors were trying to get people to love Asuka. (Asuka's my favorite character eitherway)
It was nicely organized, and did fufill to my expectations.

I just hope Evangelion: 3.0 comes out sooner or later this year or next. Seeing Asuka with an eyepatch is epic.
Did you say "nerd"?
----------------------
Not "nerd" -- "node".

Jul 10, 2012 1:09 AM
Jul 2012
when i first watched the series was when they came out with the dubs in america then i decided to watch it later with the subbed version i absolutely was blown away. now with part one and part two of the remakes i just can't put it as " good" or "epic" doesn't describe it well enough. i simply cant wait for 3.0 to come out i want to see where the story goes.
Aug 22, 2012 2:17 PM

Jul 2011
Man this movie was awesome, Evangelion was one of the first anime that I watched on TV and I love the original series but this movie has changed the only things that I did not like, I have no words to describe it...

9/10

Movie 3 come fast PLS!!!!!!!!
Sep 14, 2012 1:49 PM

Feb 2011
It was definitely better than the first movie .
Sep 24, 2012 5:34 PM
Sep 2012
graphics were really well done
but i hate the new asuka/rei and that new american girl ( tho better than toji)
was still a good film but a bit disappointing
7/10
Sep 26, 2012 9:26 PM

Sep 2011
These movies are so awesome! They are doing it very well to "rebuild." Loved every part of it. Waiting for the last two is going to kill my patients.
Oct 13, 2012 5:51 AM

May 2012
Kaoru just cockblocked shinji and rei, big time.

Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Oct 13, 2012 5:52 AM

May 2012
McRib said:
10/10 easily

It took the good parts from the anime and added even more good parts to them while still maintaining a similar yet different storyline. I feel like it's what the original could have been if they actually had a real budget.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Oct 26, 2012 1:48 PM
Oct 2010
These films fix everything that was wrong with the anime for me. The characters firstly feel much more human than the original, shinji isn't near as annoying, Asuka's behaviour is much more understandable and Rei is an actually character rather than a plot device. Speaking of the plot, the changes made it alot more enjoyable, rather than everything being "explained" in the last 4-6 episodes like in the series, the plot is actually gradually building upon itself between the actions and character's dialogues. The movie is easily a 9/10 for me, if the OST was better it would have been a 10/10.
Oct 27, 2012 5:50 AM

Sep 2011
I have to say that generally I am happy that they decided for a less pholosophical and more action approach although knowing Anno it might only be a reason to do more of philosophical/religious/apocaliptical/technocratic bullshit in one of the next movies. I bet it was his idea to make Zeruel (after "devouring" the Eva) look like it looked, ehh.

Finally the characters seem more normal. I am glad that Asuka was less of a bitch, Rei seemed more talkative and caring and Shinji wasn't that much of an emo. I understand why they did that - there just wasn't enough time for a viewer to wait and think and it wouldn't fit the fast pace of a movie. The only noticable change in character which I didn't like was Gendo. I think I prefered the old Gendo. In case of Misato or Ritsuko I didn't notice any changes as they didn't have that much active screentime.

And Mari - in my opinion the whole Evangelion franchise or at least piloting crew lacked a character like her. Not some emo- schizo- or narciso-. I hope Anno won't "mess her up" with some tragic past, instability, disorder or any other issue his creative little mind can come up with. If he is going to do it I am hoping for making her a spy or someone like that and not "13th Angel which was contaminated by cybernetic viruses that fused with embryonic form of a future descendant of Shinji and Rei after they survived the 7th Impact by sending text messages to the future so someone could turn back in time to the past to stop their ancestors from preventing 3rd impact caused by Kaoru's conscience after he died from mental instability when he saw Asuka's spirit raping Rei after mercilesly torturing her mind with the images of her previous forms being sacrificed as a trigger to awaken Lilith from eternal sleep while he was urgently trying to force Shinji to copulate with Misato's crucified body to create a new form of existence in his dream within a dream." That I think I wouldn't like Mari to be. She is great as she is now.
Oct 27, 2012 6:22 AM

Apr 2012
Tommk said:
Kaoru just cockblocked shinji and rei, big time.
lol that noise the spear made is burnt in my brains.

Finally saw this movie last month, and it was great, sometimes it even made me feel like watching TTGL (imagine that).

So yeah, the new twists and character depictions are awesome, but only because they're post End of Evangelion. If the original series were like that, it would just be another good yet cliché shounen, which would be unforgivable. Can't wait for the explanation of course. And can't wait to see armored Lilith to kick some Adam's ersatz butt.

I also wonder why people disliked the ost (I'm still not sure it's children singing), since it was almost like an End of Evangelion remake, but it had a new freshness with it since we get the tsubasa allusion through Misato and how the "new" second impact went down with 4 Seele kids instead of one Adam. Frankly, this is almost a loophole, since events in 2.22 are supposed to take place after EoE, this event possibly means the past changed, yet the series and EoE happened nevertheless. One way out of this would be that the 4 kids merged into one Adam, but I'm not sure what that would mean.

Also really liked the aquarium scene. They upgraded Pen Pen, they upgraded Zeruel, and looks like Mari will be eve more upgraded in 3.0. Only good news. Only flaw of the movie was Eva 02's teeth, they could have been better. Good job Anno.
EratiKApr 27, 2013 2:11 AM
Nov 4, 2012 1:35 AM
Sep 2012
Holy fuck 10/10. I love this god damn series. I feel that the movie had a much better flow since it got rid of most of the character development (good and bad at the same time). I like the new character. Though its a bit odd how she knew the eva's secret passcode or w/e it was to force its berserk. Yep 3.0 will probably be amazing. Can't wait.
Nov 4, 2012 10:25 PM

Oct 2011
I did not expect the Rebuilds to actually be a sequel. Oh well
Nov 28, 2012 5:34 AM

Jul 2012
I liked original anime more. Here i found too much fan service. And there is too much joy and happines, original was dark and depressing wich was cool. But the art and boobs were great.
Dec 1, 2012 10:51 PM

Jul 2012
Holy frick.
That was amazing.
To many things to list.
Can't wait for the 3rd.
Can't even begin to guess whats coming next.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 4, 2012 4:56 PM

Aug 2008
For some reason this movie series became TTGL. I'll reserve judgement until the last two but it's not looking so hot now, can't help but think that it would be better if it was a new TV series so the writer wouldn't have to rush all the character interaction and development (plus making them overly simple versions of their former selves).

Makes me question what the point of these movies are...the first movie was just copy/paste the first 6 episodes excepted really abridged...and then he just suddenly changed the plot while still throwing in a lot of same scenes. But eh maybe due to Kaworu's last words it's more of a Sequel then a Rebuild, we shall have to wait and see.

I guess the main thing is, if the author is gonna rewrite the story..he should rewrite it from scratch.
hyperknees91Dec 4, 2012 5:01 PM
Dec 5, 2012 6:08 PM

Sep 2008
I thought this movie was fantastic, and, for the most part, better than its anime counterparts. Asuka seems like she'll be more likeable and Rei actually has some sort of personality. Shinji is still as annoying as ever, but I guess that would be a bit more difficult to change.

I'm glad the author seems to have realized that the anime still had room for improvement.

I'm really looking forward to 3.0.
Dec 5, 2012 8:27 PM

Apr 2012
Really great movie. I think the many little changes helped make for better, more cohesive storytelling than in the tv series. One thing I especially loved about the movie was Rei. I was kind of apathetic towards her character in the series, but during the movie I found myself liking her a lot more because of her development in personality. Can't wait to watch the next movie.
Dec 7, 2012 2:27 AM

Mar 2010
it was much more enjoyable than the first movie
Dec 19, 2012 2:43 AM

Sep 2012
ill exclude the TTGL movies since theyre more recaps than actual movies.

2.0 is THE single greatest action movie ive ever seen.
the soundtrack
the animation.
the story
the pure epic of it all.

far and away, there hasnt been anything close in any form of media and the ending fight between zeruel and eva 01 is one of the most jaw dropping amazing things ive ever seen.
and i gave the original NGE an 8
Dec 19, 2012 11:42 PM

Aug 2012
I didn't really like the eva series or franchise before this, but this was amazing, I loved the animation, music and how they've changed the characters. I'm genuinely curious about the eva world now.
Dec 20, 2012 12:08 AM

Nov 2011
Eva 2.0 is great i just dont like the Eva designs, I prefer the old designs with the big shoulders and thin waists, looked so much cooler and original.. (Like an Oni ;)

The Eva's just look like a man in a suit now..
Dec 23, 2012 8:24 PM

Oct 2012
So I have a confession... I've never actually seen the infamous TV series.

Now that thats out of the way, I really do love these movies. I know that I am probably not enjoying as they are meant to be, but I don't care. Whats the matter with taking art at its face value alone? Anyway the first film was very good, but this one knocked it out of the park. Really emotional stuff, which is what I prefer in my entertainment. If the next two films come out and try to tear down the legacy that these built up... well I'm just going to pretend that they don't exist and Shinji and Rei triggered the appocalypse, happily ever after.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Dec 23, 2012 11:44 PM

Sep 2012
NickyCharisma said:

Now that thats out of the way, I really do love these movies. I know that I am probably not enjoying as they are meant to be, but I don't care. Whats the matter with taking art at its face value alone? Anyway the first film was very good, but this one knocked it out of the park. Really emotional stuff, which is what I prefer in my entertainment. If the next two films come out and try to tear down the legacy that these built up... well I'm just going to pretend that they don't exist and Shinji and Rei triggered the appocalypse, happily ever after.

word on the web is that 3.0, visuals wise atleast, blows 2.0 outta the water.
i find it hard to beleive myself, but if its true.
good god..
Dec 24, 2012 2:09 PM
Oct 2010
The rebuilds seems like sequels rather than a re-telling at least from the scene after the credits.... they sure are amazing though, I like them alot more than the main series.
Dec 29, 2012 11:30 AM

Oct 2012
eldest said:
NickyCharisma said:

word on the web is that 3.0, visuals wise atleast, blows 2.0 outta the water.
i find it hard to beleive myself, but if its true.
good god..

I've also read a lot of negative reviews too though. Most commonly the complaints are flung at the lackluster story and, nearly, no character development. I would like my anime to look nice, sure. But I still need the basics of story-telling to be fulfilled first.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Jan 3, 2013 1:36 PM

May 2007
I got Eva 1.11 on Blu-Ray for Secret Santa at Christmas 2011, I watched the movie about a few months ago and though it was amazing. I have no idea why I left watching the movie so late despite being a massive NGE fan. ;)

Anyways, today I hooked my laptop to a 60' HD TV via HDMI today and watched a few things, the last thing I watched was Evangelion 2.22, which was simply astonishing.

The REBUILD movies have been different and unique compared to the TV series but still retain many of the iconic scenes or just the typical background like the utility poles with the crows sitting on the electrical lines.

When I was watching the movie, I just couldn't stop comparing or thinking about the very first anime I had watched, the original NGE TV series and I was thinking I really wanted to watch it again but then the dread came in....I remembered how weird the final 2 episodes were and it just made me feel uneasy. It's those last 2 episodes and the overwhelming feeling of "something real bad is gonna happen" is what truly prevents me from re-watching the TV series. I really should since I watched the series with the videos tainted in yellow and generally of low quality. ;)

However, enough about the TV series, the 2nd REBUILD movie performs far better than the first REBUILD movie by obviously introducing more of the crew such as Asuka. I also don't remember Ristuko and Kaji ever flirting with each other to make Misato angry and jealous.....I don't think this happened in the TV version and I believe it's a new element introduced into the REBUILD movies.

Overall, after watching 2.22 and reading the short synopsis for Evangelion 3.0, I don't think I'll wait anymore and instead watch it as soon as it comes out.

This goes without saying Evangelion 2.22 was a masterpiece and I'm giving it a 10/10!! :D
Jan 6, 2013 2:25 AM
Apr 2012
Now that was a powerful movie. I cannot wait to watch 3.0 tomorrow. Some thoughts.

- I'm seeing a lot of comparisons to NGE regarding the atmosphere, the darker psychological thought journey of the tv series against the seemingly more conventional tone of the movie. If you expected the atmosphere of Rebuild to be like that of the original, I'll point out that NGE only accomplished that atmosphere by being ~13 hours long, 15 if you include EoE (which you do). The movie series hasn't even hit four. NGE's method could not have worked in movie format.

On top of that, what's the point in simply re-airing the show as a bunch of movies when he could go the whole nine yards and remake it?

- The "new" versions of Asuka, Shinji, Gendo, and the rest were a lot of fun to see, but I think Rei of all people actually stole the show for me. She was an evolving character this time around, and it's hard not to love her budding personality. But really, most of the characters are simply more enjoyable to watch/listen to. I do miss old Asuka, but given how much screentime she had in NGE compared to screentime thus far in this movie series...I can't pass judgment until seeing the next two.

- Connections to the series and to EoE, several previously mentioned earlier in the thread...I like the implications of these. I like them a LOT.

A defining quality of NGE (some might say THE defining quality) was that it played up the isolation factor. Every person was hurting in their own little selfish shells and as a result couldn't really grow, and this was portrayed all throughout the show. In the end, most of the characters cannot move past their scars. They have moments of happiness and light, but the world of NGE is a dark, depressive post-apocalyptic landscape without much hope for a brighter future.

But in Rebuild, the characters are just a little more open, just a bit more willing to truly interact with each other, and it's already paying off for them. Shinji is making decisions - that feels weird to type - and Rei is communicating and Gendo agreed to a meal and Asuka confided in Misato...

I actually believe that a happy/bittersweet ending is possible.

Needless to say, 10/10.
KitsunahrenJan 6, 2013 9:06 AM
Jan 6, 2013 8:31 PM

Jan 2012
Too good... they fixed everything that was missing/bad and at the same time improved on the story. just making asuka in the angel instead of the useless character made the story much more emotional. I'll be honest, i didn't want to see another recap. glad we saw a new alternate version of evangelion. I actually care now on what will happen next.

They Can (Not) Make Good Remakes.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 14, 2013 5:35 AM

Aug 2012
Overall, it's difficult to deny that it's definitely a blockbuster hit. This movie has everything for the masses. It has a lot of over-the-top and graphic fight scenes for the action junkies, love triangles and school romances for the shippers, fanservice for whoever the hell wants it and a well-tailored and easy-to-follow storyline for those who actually want to understand what the hell is going on.

The only problem is Shinji. I guess they can't really deviate from his original character enough in the original series to give him enough testosterone to be treated like a man. Yeah, he had his badass moments, but I just don't like that, when he decided to quit being a pilot, he had to wait for the other Eva pilots to reach the verge of death before he realised that they're handicapped without enough pilots to fight the Angels, and then proceeds to the plot-necessary Deus Ex Machina. Of course, another moment like letting himself die in the hands of an Angel-transformed Eva would surely resolve the problem that Asuka's still inside the damned thing.

I know he's a kid, but no matter what backstory he has, his wimpiness and being unresolved till the last minute almost brought a huge string if deaths under his belt. If only Shinji wasn't the focus of this series, it would turn more amazing than it already is overall without Shinji spoiling the epicness.
Jan 14, 2013 7:51 PM

Jan 2011
Really loved this movie! Oh and aren't some of the soundtracks from Kare Kano e.g. where Asuka moves in with Shinji and Misato
Jan 14, 2013 10:44 PM

Dec 2007
Flipping awesome movie! This is what Evangelion can be without the needless mindfuckery (which really wasn't as mindfucking as people claim; just overly, unnecessarily philosophical psychoanalysis). Good aspects and elements from the original were kept and synergized with new elements in ways that truly made this movie original, rather than the derivative remake that was the first movie (although the first movie wasn't bad).

For one, I like Asuka so much more. It's clear, right down to the name change, that she is not the same Asuka as in the TV series. And thank goodness, because I hated that bitch in the TV series. Fans call her a tsundere, which she never was. She never had any gooey parts to her in the TV series--other than her ego, which broke. She was only ever a downright bitch, and whoever claims that she liked Shinji and was making advances in the original need to get their brain checked. All she ever did in the original was bully and torture Shinji. At least in this movie, we see that tsundere aspect of her that maybe should've been but never really was.

Someone else mentioned this much earlier in the thread, but the children singing didn't make the dark scenes deep or ironic, they distracted from the moment (and my PC freaked out a bit with 1080 subs). And as much as I like this movie, there were changes that detracted from certain grim parts, namely the fight with Eva 03. I mean, for starters, the stupid music, again. But then the dummy system blocking Shinji's view and him not being able to watch properly, although he had a front row seat to the gore.

Now, I'm wondering with Kaworu's words for the past two movies if perhaps this "remake" movie series is going to end up being some alternate timeline of Eva that Kaworu possesses knowledge of. Like how in the original airing of episodes 25-26, there was a school scene between the kids and there was a monologue that said "This could be one reality," or something along those lines. And because we know Kaworu loves Shinji, the knowledge of what transpired as well as knowledge of that love is guiding his current goals?

I guess I'll figure that out when I get the chance to watch the third movie.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Feb 9, 2013 9:58 AM

Jan 2013
Well, this movie and 1.11 made me an Evangelion fan
I immediately download all the platinum tv series and movies.
So, yeah ..
Mar 1, 2013 5:59 PM

Jan 2013
9/10
Apr 25, 2013 9:15 PM

Jan 2013
Rewatched this since 3.33 should be out by tomorrow

Before I start it should be known that I'm a gigantic fan of the original series.

Firstly, the movie was awesome. It's definitely a masterpiece in my book. New addition of Mari was well placed and even though we don't know too much about her so far (aside from her fighting style), I think she will contrast well with the other three children. The scenes they re-used were good and I'm glad they kept a lot of the fight scenes with the bomb angel the same. The ending was also a big plus in my book. I won't say anything about the tv series in case someone hasn't seen it. I liked that they said third impact started when unit 01 was "awakened". That sat very well with me and so I'm eager to see what Kaworu will do about it.

Things I didn't like so much but understand why they're doing it - they really took out a lot of the psychological stuff from the series. I understand it since it is a movie and they need to cover a lot of ground. However, the same feeling is not there when compared with the series. I'm glad I've seen it quite a few times to know back stories and 'what the audience should be feeling now'. They have touched on it - and I say giving it the appropriate amount of attention. I guess I'm stuck on the view that NGE should be mostly psychological.

Anyways, masterpiece again and I'm really excited to see what new direction the story will be taking from here.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 26, 2013 11:56 AM

Jan 2013
Um...It's something different alright.
I guess i'm more used to the series+ EoE.
But i'm still giving these movies a chance. X)
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Apr 27, 2013 3:46 PM

Nov 2011
Just finished watching.

Mm, really good start so far imo especially the OST soundtrack. Angel Exo-skeleton huh? Reminds me something out of one of those alien movies I've watched before. Dat English which I thought was surprisingly good.

That 7th Angel looks weird as fuck. SUPERKICK.

Ohi Asuka. Also, lmao @ Misato, jealousy is a funny thing in this movie.

Pen-Pen for best penguin.

The relationship between Shinji and Asuka in this episode wasn't bad although I didn't think it shined too much in any way.
>Baka Shinji

Poor Asuka, dat possession. That song played during the scene when she was struggling the EVA was uh..kinda disturbing in a way. Great movie though imo. Loved the artwork/soundtrack of it.

8/10

Will probably watching EVA 3.0 soon.
Apr 27, 2013 4:20 PM

Jul 2012
Eva 3.33, torrent faster! Come on!

I loved this movie, I really did. Not sure if I like 1.11 or 2.22 more.. but I'm leaning more towards this one.
Apr 27, 2013 5:10 PM

Sep 2011
ihateeveryone said:

I loved this movie, I really did. Not sure if I like 1.11 or 2.22 more.. but I'm leaning more towards this one.

Don't get your hopes too high for 3.33. It was ... zzzz..

I rated both 1.11 and 2.22 9/10's while 3.33 6.5-7.0/10.
May 1, 2013 6:38 AM

Sep 2011
9/10. Great movie.

Now what happened to Asuka!? NOOO. D:
It's nice that she's being more honest to her feelings to Shinji than in the TV series.

Nevertheless, I really loved how the characters of the 3 mains were written here. Just pure awesome.

Not kinda looking forward to the 3.0 because of Kaworu for some reason...

May 15, 2013 1:40 AM
May 2012
Tyrel said:
ihateeveryone said:

Don't get your hopes too high for 3.33. It was ... zzzz..

I rated both 1.11 and 2.22 9/10's while 3.33 6.5-7.0/10.

3.33 is very devisive. You don't know how he will react to it since many fans seem to either love it or hate it.

I personally loved 3.33.
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Stop after this movie if you dont want to be disappointed

CickNipolla - Oct 12, 2022

40 by Zero00phantom »»
Apr 2, 4:44 PM

» Mari being an insert for Hideaki’s wife

hanekawastiddi - Sep 3, 2023

6 by certainmiracle »»
Sep 4, 2023 12:00 PM

» Why They've shown Rei Nippels but didn't show Asuka Nippels?

LoliSenpai0x - Aug 6, 2020

9 by Jun_Rei »»
Feb 28, 2023 1:38 PM

» Shinji is gigachad

samthestan - Nov 26, 2021

6 by JohnLivelyMan »»
Apr 12, 2022 10:56 PM

» End of Evangelion or rebuild movie?

Requiemofthewind - Nov 7, 2021

8 by animeforlife808 »»
Nov 9, 2021 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.