Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Oct 20, 2013 4:25 PM
Jan 2013
so there are mechs in to aru universe after all XD guess we have all cliches now, well i guess pretty soon loli vampire will join Touma harem(as vampires exist in toaru)

as for the arc for me it was rly good, it is also nice that they have explained what happened to Shinobu what wasn't explained in manga, but for me the biggest plus of this arc was action, there was a lot of cool fights and final ep was totally over the top
Oct 20, 2013 4:44 PM

Sep 2011
JustALEX said:
Insanely ridiculous ending....especially the whole space bit.

Whatever, I didn't expect much after the Sisters arc, but I really didn't think the Febri arc would be like this.

I didn't particularly enjoy it.

Railgun S was very strong through the first half, it was 10/10 strong!

But it just didn't stay like that for me, combined with the nonsense of Hax man and the Febri arc, Railgun S took quite a bit of damage in my rating.

All the way down to 7.5/10....I guess my bias will round it up to an 8/10.

I still think the first half of the season was easily the most enjoyable episodes I have seen from the Raildex universe, (well it's pretty easy when Index sucks).

That is true, lol. Best animated version, I love the universe, but the Anime kind of sucks... The novels are okay, but it points out of things rather obnoxiously, maybe it's just me.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Oct 21, 2013 9:07 AM

Sep 2011
I'm just curious that they did show the remote controller blonde chick yet we never got some more information about her on this season. Too bad that Touma didn't do some action even just a little on this arc.

Anyway, 8/10.

Oct 21, 2013 9:15 PM

Aug 2009
Tennouji_ said:
I'm just curious that they did show the remote controller blonde chick yet we never got some more information about her on this season. Too bad that Touma didn't do some action even just a little on this arc.

Anyway, 8/10.

Thats because she was there only as fanservice for the manga and LN readers.
Oct 21, 2013 10:37 PM

Nov 2009
ssjokg said:
Tennouji_ said:

Anyway, 8/10.

So far, that is. :3
Oct 21, 2013 10:44 PM

Aug 2009
MagicFlier said:
ssjokg said:
Tennouji_ said:

Anyway, 8/10.

So far, that is. :3

Well we will have to wait for Railgun 3.
Oct 22, 2013 8:15 PM
Mar 2013
GodlyKyon said:
JustALEX said:
Insanely ridiculous ending....especially the whole space bit.

Whatever, I didn't expect much after the Sisters arc, but I really didn't think the Febri arc would be like this.

I didn't particularly enjoy it.

Railgun S was very strong through the first half, it was 10/10 strong!

But it just didn't stay like that for me, combined with the nonsense of Hax man and the Febri arc, Railgun S took quite a bit of damage in my rating.

All the way down to 7.5/10....I guess my bias will round it up to an 8/10.

I still think the first half of the season was easily the most enjoyable episodes I have seen from the Raildex universe, (well it's pretty easy when Index sucks).

That is true, lol. Best animated version, I love the universe, but the Anime kind of sucks... The novels are okay, but it points out of things rather obnoxiously, maybe it's just me.
you should be getting to the good parts by now right? that's when touma and accelerator are several times more likable especially in WW3 arc and in NT.
Oct 28, 2013 2:38 AM

May 2012
done watching railgun series and give me a reason to continue watching index, im at ep 10 and its not really entertaining..

the downside of the series was the silent party arc,.
anyways 8.5/10..

Oct 29, 2013 4:29 AM

Jan 2013
Contradiction-ahoy! Let's pretend this arc never happened and Railgun S ended at episode 16.
Nov 3, 2013 1:34 PM
Mar 2013
This arc was illogical to me. First off, I don't see why would Misaka use the mecha suit as ammo for her Railgun power. Second, Aritomi had little to no justification for threatening Academy City. I wish I could look into his past further.
Nov 3, 2013 1:42 PM

Aug 2009
Lanik said:
This arc was illogical to me. First off, I don't see why would Misaka use the mecha suit as ammo for her Railgun power. Second, Aritomi had little to no justification for threatening Academy City. I wish I could look into his past further.

Misaka using the robot for her railgun isnt an issue.The issue is how they survived up there,how she was able to aim at the pod and how they survived the reentry.

The villains of this arc are filler ones.They have no background,char,motives,guts or the means to do whatever they wanted to do.
Nov 19, 2013 6:14 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

In this episode the drawings at times were a bit subdued, Add gooders and also an excess of zeal, to give a sphere of exaggeration, however, springs from a nice finish!
Strange to say but with all these downsides I found to my liking vision.
Range topping, in my opinion, the previous one. Of undoubted value, are the arches where there is a crossing between TAMnI and Railgun to have the greatest impact. But the rest of the sub plots, manage to be interesting.
I hope that the next series based on Railgun or always in the sphere of the characters in TAMnI, manages to be even more beautiful and exciting than the last.
Final rating of 8/10!
Nov 30, 2013 4:30 AM

Jun 2011
Sisters arc - 10/10
Silent Party arc - 8/10
Total score - 9/10
I almost gave this anime full 10 but I guess I just can't call it a masterpiece as it is, even though the sisters arc deserves 11/10 ^^'' The final arc just wasn't that good. I'm not saying it was bad but it just wasn't even nearly as good as the first :/

Anyway, I loved this anime a lot, actually even more than the first season, even though I liked that one very much as well :) Lots of feels and great action ^^
Dec 28, 2013 7:27 AM

Aug 2013
I'm glad that was a lot of Saten in this Arc. For me, Saten is one of the best anime characters ever, I love her *. *

My score : 9/10. I'm waiting for Index & Railgun III
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 30, 2013 1:28 PM

Feb 2012
Silent Party arc wasn't that good as Sisters arc but it was still very good, especially the last, 24 episode. :)
Story: 7/10
Music: 9/10
Art: 9/10
Characters: 7.5/10
Total: 8/10
OreganosDec 30, 2013 2:00 PM
Jan 4, 2014 11:38 AM

Aug 2009
Let's see...

Ep 1-10:
Pretty awesome, was really fun to watch, especially the new scenes with Misaka and Misaka imouto and the fight against item.

Ep 11-16:
Way too overdramatized and too 'Railgun-centered'. Also, the scene with the vending machine with Misaka and Touma was better and funnier in the original Index anime, imho. Most of these six episodes felt like seeing a worse version of what already had been animated. Also, it's not like they couldn't have done it better: In the novel, as far as I remember, it's described well how Misaka struggles with herself when she electrifies Touma on the bridge (when he's stopping her from going to Accelerator). In the anime? Not much of that :-(

Ep 17-24:
Well, they were not completely shit, as most people here say^^
The fact that Misaka actually does rely on her friends instead of doing everything alone again was pretty cool. But then again, no need to repeat that over and over. By the last episode, it was like "YAY! FRIENDSHIP ALWAYS SAVES THE DAY!!"...come on, couldn't you have been a bit more subtle? D:
Another big problem here: Febri. Again, a girl pops out of nowhere and of course, immediately she's the most important thing to the heriones. Misaka imouto pointed it well out in Ep. 21, even though it was meant as a joke there. Couldn't they have at least made a story about Saten or Uiharu instead?
And yeah, then there are also all the illogical parts which have been already pointed out in the thread. But really, a lot of the stuff in the Index series (also in the novels) aren't really well explainable, so why bother about that? Just take it as the blockbuster it's supposed to be.

Another thing is, what happened with Aratomi (or whatever the name of the scientist was) and his fellows afterwards? Also, apparently one slap from Misaka was enough to realize him that what he did was wrong. Come on, you're kidding me!! His motives actually made sense, and yet the makers of the series let him be the one-sided, inhuman villian, contrary to Misaka and her friends, which are the super-good heroes.
This is really a common weakness for this series and it's novels: Touma (or Misaka) is always doing the right thing and is the super-hero, while the villians, despite of having reasonable motives, resort to unreasonable methods and in the end, aren't much more than one-sided villians. Accelerator is the only really interesting hero/anti-hero of the series...But well, despite it's weaknesses, the series, including Touma, is still pretty entertaining ;-)

Anyway, so the verdict:
First 10 Eps were pretty fun to watch, the rest felt like a never-ending fanservice to Misaka-worshippers. And that's coming from someone who really enjoyed the first season of Railgun.
All in all, 7/10 because of the first 10 eps which were really worth watching.
Jan 4, 2014 3:23 PM

Aug 2009
mrmuk said:

Ep 11-16:
Way too overdramatized and too 'Railgun-centered'. Also, the scene with the vending machine with Misaka and Touma was better and funnier in the original Index anime, imho. Most of these six episodes felt like seeing a worse version of what already had been animated. Also, it's not like they couldn't have done it better: In the novel, as far as I remember, it's described well how Misaka struggles with herself when she electrifies Touma on the bridge (when he's stopping her from going to Accelerator). In the anime? Not much of that :-(

Too Railgun-centered and worse version of what has already been animated?
Railgun S has done a far better job in adapting the scenes both in the manga and the LN, compared to the Index anime.
Jan 8, 2014 3:31 AM

Nov 2012
:' it has end.. gonna miss this show and there will be railgun III and index III <3

anyway..
this episode is really cool! I admitted it! XD
those judgement! hoho..
kuroko is really cool too.. with her spear shit! :p
even ITEM show up.. hoho.. mugino still scary..
that moment when misaka go to space with kuroko and give her best shot! XD woohoo.. a bit too much but still cool! XD love it!

most of all:
- sisters finally smiling <3 really really lovely! <3
- febri and janie wearing that gothic dress.. and
- shinobu.. lol XD tbh I more like when she wearing her usually uniform :3 but it is okay :3

10/10
Jan 13, 2014 2:25 AM

Dec 2010
This final episode was so epic, I really love it despite I didn't care much for the arc itself. Misaka's final railgun WAS SO DARN EPIC!!! What I loved the most was that Level 5 Judgelight got played, I seriously love this track, and also that injured Accelerator got a screentime, as well as Touma.

Well, I didn't really have any expectations for the ending, but still it sucked pretty hard. But, either way, this anime was an enjoyable run.

1. Characters. +1. Misaka got a really good development during the Sisters arc, but what's better Accelerator got introduced and Touma played a very strong role as well. The sisters' characters were good as well.
2. Atmosphere. +1. I think the atmosphere was good enough when it counted - during the Sisters arc and Accelerator's past.
3. OST. +1. It was really good at times, especially one of Accelerator's themes. Level 5 Judgelight was played as well which made the final episode so much better for me. The Sisters OP was good as well.
4. Animation. +1. Can't complain at all about it, the quality was great.
5. Background story. +1. Again, I give point because of the Sisters arc, Accelerator's past was good as well.
6. Storyline. +1. It was good in the Sisters arc, but I can't really say the Febri arc didn't have a storyline(it was just boring).
7. Ending. +1. Pretty epic final episode, I'm giving a point here just because of this.
8. Drama. +1. Accelerator and the sisters, Misaka and Touma, this moment was pretty dramatic back in TMNI as well. I liked it.
9. Overall affect. +1. I really liked this season for the first 16 episodes. It's not that I couldn't stand the last arc, but it was really boring for me, especially compared to the Sisters arc. This is probably the only reason I'm not giving this anime 10/10.

Overall score: 9/10. I hope the next thing we'll see will be TMNI S3 first tho. It's about time.
Jan 22, 2014 2:55 PM

May 2011
Didn't like the Silent Party arc at all as a whole but god damn this final episode was epic as fuck. I guess I am just a sucker for good action scenes with the OPs/ EDs playing tho haha.

Can't wait to see what JC Staff will do about Index/Railgun III with how great this season of Railgun was, or at least with what they did with the Sisters Arc.
Jan 26, 2014 10:47 PM

Aug 2013
Silent Party is a blasphemy to Raildex franchise.

The only good thing in this arc are the OSTs
Jan 26, 2014 10:49 PM

Jan 2014
Hakuryuukou said:
Silent Party is a blasphemy to Raildex franchise.

The only good thing in this arc are the OSTs
i like it.
but i can see why. it was unnecessary and i think it could be pulled off better.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 1, 2014 10:51 PM
Jul 2018
Why did i even bother watching this? The only thing i liked about this was the epic battle music at the last episode.... everything else was pretty meh....

7/10
Feb 3, 2014 6:57 PM

Dec 2013
In the end it looks like Accelerator's role stayed minimal.
Feb 3, 2014 9:40 PM

Aug 2009
Anon1409 said:
In the end it looks like Accelerator's role stayed minimal.
A cameo isnt a role.
Feb 7, 2014 5:33 PM

Sep 2011
Didn't like this last arc that much but that Sisters Arc made up for it. I wasn't too much of a fan of the first series, the slice of life episodes and the cutesy stuff isn't exactly my cup of tea. That said I'm glad I stayed around for the second series, very good. Misaka 10032 was very funny, and the arc was a heck of a lot better in this series than in Index. Also I have to admit I prefer Misaka as the protagonist over Tomua he's pretty boring/generic.
Feb 7, 2014 10:10 PM

Aug 2009
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
. Also I have to admit I prefer Misaka as the protagonist over Tomua he's pretty boring/generic.
Gender and powers aside, they are the same.Well Touma has better anger management.
Feb 11, 2014 3:31 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
ssjokg said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
. Also I have to admit I prefer Misaka as the protagonist over Tomua he's pretty boring/generic.
Gender and powers aside, they are the same.Well Touma has better anger management.
you thankfully won't have to endure dealing with Index instead of Kuroko though so overall combi-wise it's really hard to not to prefer Railgun character-wise imo

although I would also say Misaka is a much better protag than Touma but that's a different story
Feb 11, 2014 3:38 AM

Aug 2009
HaXXspetten said:
ssjokg said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
you thankfully won't have to endure dealing with Index instead of Kuroko though so overall combi-wise it's really hard to not to prefer Railgun character-wise imo

although I would also say Misaka is a much better protag than Touma but that's a different story

Being molested vs being bitten...well it is a matter of which "fetish" you are into.

Again I dont really see the difference between them.

Sure when Misaka says she will help/save someone she says it because she knows she can do it(Sister's arc aside) due to her powers not being restricted to the reach of one hand,even if her plan is destroy everything around she could do it easily, while Touma is just reckless, most of the time heading out without a plan.But That doesnt make any of them better than the other.
Mar 2, 2014 1:18 PM

Jan 2011
wtf was that? i thought those mechas were inmune to Misakas attacks, Saten piloting a humoungus mecha?
i dont think its fair for me to give this second season a lower score than the first one so ill give it a 6/10 instead of the 5 i think it deserves

can i watch the movie now that i finished this season?
Mar 2, 2014 2:31 PM

Aug 2009
silversaint said:
wtf was that? i thought those mechas were inmune to Misakas attacks, Saten piloting a humoungus mecha?
i dont think its fair for me to give this second season a lower score than the first one so ill give it a 6/10 instead of the 5 i think it deserves

can i watch the movie now that i finished this season?

What did you expect from a filler original arc that just caters to the Railgun anime only fans?That's why we recommended to watch up to 16.

The movie had nothing to do with Railgun.Index is the series that you hav eto watch for that.
Mar 2, 2014 6:46 PM

Jan 2011
ssjokg said:

What did you expect from a filler original arc that just caters to the Railgun anime only fans?That's why we recommended to watch up to 16.

The movie had nothing to do with Railgun.Index is the series that you hav eto watch for that.

its not like hated the series or the characters enough to drop it an besides i only do that with long anime which amde me loose interest

i thought Railgun an Index were the same but with a different protagonist?
Mar 3, 2014 1:28 AM

Aug 2009
silversaint said:
ssjokg said:

its not like hated the series or the characters enough to drop it an besides i only do that with long anime which amde me loose interest

i thought Railgun an Index were the same but with a different protagonist?
THey only share one arc and that was eps 2-16 of this season. Railgun S just took what in Index (Light novel) was Touma finding out about the clones and saving them and gave Misaka's POV that was only implied during the bridge scene.
You can even skip this arc in Index(which was like 4 eps).

Everything else is a different arc with mostly different characters.
The Index chars and its magic side is what matters in the movie.
Mar 12, 2014 5:34 PM

Feb 2009
i felt somewhat opposite to the popular opinion.

I felt like the Sisters arc was a little overplayed and way too heavy to be at the beginning, but couldn't possibly see them end on it either.

I liked the idea of the last arc, except the last episode. It was just way too over the top for me. The first series killed this one dead imo.

I also thought using ITEM as a plot device failed. the only rewarded us by using them in the last episode. Otherwise i thought it was just convient usage of a bad guy club.

With all that said, i really hope they make some more of this series, even though i was a disappointed with this season, it still gets a high 7 from me just because most of it was so well done. Some of the most enjoyable anime i've ever seen. And pretty weird that its about middle school girls.

Hopefully we can get back to Index now.
Mar 13, 2014 11:13 AM

Aug 2009
Marthgun said:
i felt somewhat opposite to the popular opinion.

I felt like the Sisters arc was a little overplayed and way too heavy to be at the beginning, but couldn't possibly see them end on it either.

I liked the idea of the last arc, except the last episode. It was just way too over the top for me. The first series killed this one dead imo.

I also thought using ITEM as a plot device failed. the only rewarded us by using them in the last episode. Otherwise i thought it was just convient usage of a bad guy club.

With all that said, i really hope they make some more of this series, even though i was a disappointed with this season, it still gets a high 7 from me just because most of it was so well done. Some of the most enjoyable anime i've ever seen. And pretty weird that its about middle school girls.

Hopefully we can get back to Index now.

ITEm isnt even a "bad guy club".They take on jobs as mercenaries for the good of the City.They didnt attack Misaka because she is the good guy , they did it because she is the "bad guy" going around destroying facilities.That aside they are one of the important parts of Raildex.

Railgun isnt about middle school girls.It is like Index a story of citizens of Academy City trying to lead peaceful lives that just dont seem to come.
That the director feels like making Railgun seem like Tyru Yuri with superpowers isnt the fault of the writer.
Mar 29, 2014 7:09 PM

Jul 2008
That arc was so painful. I would have preferred 8 beach episodes, or at least similar SOL situations.

Why are only kids espers?
Mar 30, 2014 4:12 AM

Aug 2009
GarLogan78 said:
That arc was so painful. I would have preferred 8 beach episodes, or at least similar SOL situations.

Academy City has been around for only 20-30 years.We dont know when exactly it became a city for "esper students".Assuming that they started taking in kids as students 10 years after it's establishment then the older espers(18-21 years old or so) should be at collage(and thats assuming that AC has been around for 30 years.
Mar 31, 2014 12:54 AM

Jul 2008
ssjokg said:
GarLogan78 said:

Academy City has been around for only 20-30 years.We dont know when exactly it became a city for "esper students".Assuming that they started taking in kids as students 10 years after it's establishment then the older espers(18-21 years old or so) should be at collage(and thats assuming that AC has been around for 30 years.

That makes sense since the city is so new. I just thought it was odd that we never saw any adults using powers.
Apr 14, 2014 1:26 PM

Jul 2013
All these mechas made me think it was a different anime for a second there.

The cheesiness and openings are everywhere. Still the execution was great at some parts which got me absorbed and turned my brain off. The Accelerator and loli Misaka cameo of them being together during the ending sequence made this episode worth it.

4/5 ep
8/10 series
Apr 23, 2014 12:54 PM

Feb 2009
Damn these shit anime original endings.

At least the sister's arc was great.
May 17, 2014 5:33 PM

Aug 2012
So many insert songs.
May 20, 2014 2:06 AM

Jan 2013
What a great ending.Impressive :D
Everyone was so amazing.They brought so much people to help them JUDGEMENT!!!FTW :)
The fight was epic.That Kongou transformer WOOOW epic!!! So the original melting girl discovered that they were testing her and destroyed all their robotos xD Everyone whas there to help even Harue and Banri ^^ Nunotaba worth to insert that "thing" to try to give Misaka clones feelings,at least it worked in 1 of them all :D Misaka & Shirai did it yeees. Aahaha Nunotaba in a maid outfit taking care of Febri and Janie.What a great ending Onee-sama <3 :D
10/10 This anime is really great.I loved it.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 21, 2014 7:50 PM
May 2014
Ugh...the actions are cool as always, but the quality of the story backtracks to the second half of the first season, which is a huge letdown after the great Acceler...Sisters Arc. It is ok that it is anime original arc, or basically an arc that does not have anything to do with the actual main plot.

The problem is there are just way too many plot holes and devices. Misaka had problem with just one bot the first time, then she can suddenly AOE everything apart? Mugino bled her cheek the first time then she badass'd the last episode as well? Misaka touma'd the scientists?

I forgot how the manga worked, but I was hoping for Misaki-related arc for the second half...but what happened was Misaki was introduced in the beginning of the season and that's that.

7/10 the whole second arc.
May 24, 2014 12:28 AM

May 2010
Overall weaker second arc compared to the first :/ Ah well. Overall pretty good second season. :)
May 31, 2014 4:10 PM

Jan 2013
Better than the first season ... but still had to give both an 8/10.
I enjoyed Index more.
Jun 21, 2014 10:38 PM

Apr 2012
lol mechas wtf.

7/10 I guess. A very generous score to be honest. I didn't mind Febri. I didn't think the sister arc (canon arc) wasn't THAT GREAT anyways. (8/10) I seriously hated Misaka's cringey dialogue throughout the series.

Jun 23, 2014 11:49 PM

Sep 2012
Mechas? Really?

The power of friendship saves the day again. >>
Jun 25, 2014 6:47 PM

Nov 2012
Slightly better than S1 but still nothing special 6/10.

I just can't seem to bring myself to like J.C.Staff's adaptions of Raildex,they're all so underwhelming.Though Index was atleast decent while Railgun was just terrible overall.

I hope by the time they make Index III they do a better job at adapting the novels.
Jul 1, 2014 8:49 PM

Apr 2012
BGM-kun? BGM-kun?! Why you so OP??
(*pun lol)

The last episode was decent, if we ignore the horrible build-up to it. I watched it for the action and music.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jul 14, 2014 1:06 PM

Nov 2007
The Sister's Arc was probably the most interesing part about this since you got to relive Index season 1 though Misaka's eyes and a little bit of Touma's with a little bit of refined detail. The Accelerator fight was much better too.

I looked back and forth between both anime while watching and looking at the differences and mainly the vending machine scene had the most differences, but it was mainly the animation detail overall from Index season one that couldn't beat our current gens. I'm going to hope an Index 3 comes out BEFORE another Railgun season.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

120 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 10, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

100 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 9, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

126 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 8, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

105 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 8, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2013

108 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 8, 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.