Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 20, 2013 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shinobu ;.;

I hope Misaka's electric defect wears off soon. I do know that they can save Febri. Well at least I hope so. actually there's just one episode left so I'm curious how this will wrap up.

Battle time. I hope they beat the hell out of those crappy bots.
http://i.imgur.com/5SCBz9E.png
Sep 20, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
Level 6 project over his study... The lab lady said she was sold after getting caught by ITEM. so Janie and Febri are twins, not just sisters. Misaka moved through her bilibili even before that shot effect ran out. Later the friends caught up. AIM expand field? lol @ the moment when Kotobuki-san's character coming in to inform the same thing that Uiharu found.

Silent Party battle next (final ep.) "Infinia (インフィニア)" by Sachika Misawa.
tsubasaloverSep 20, 2013 11:34 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 20, 2013 10:24 AM

Feb 2009
Oh wow, they even managed to shoehorn Gensei in here. And this guy(http://i.imgur.com/yj5A5i6.jpg) with the hat and workclothes. Unmistakeably Gensei as well. Though really, he knows Kongou's father?

And if Misaka can push herself to use her powers, why didn't she just shock Aritomi instead of lying down and listening to his sob story? They really wanted to push her overcoming that drug huh.

And you'd think with all those machines STUDY gathered(if I heard right, 20,000), at least one of them would carry some artillery, like a revolver shotgun. But nope, gotta stick with those metal bars. Truly a prototype of a prototype. In other words, shit robots. To think these machines will
And they're going to use Endymion as well huh. I believe it's not yet finished as of the current time but ehh.

And WTF, Saten and her freaking bat. And she's going to face off against a ton of heavy machines with only Uiharu, her cleaning robots and a helmet. This is revenge for Nishikiori having Tsuchimikado cockblock her in the Endymion movie right? Not to mention Konori is all alone as well. Couldn't they have at least have either Wannai or Awatsuki to help her?
This is just... Oh wow.

Last episode next week. I want to get this over with already. Good thing I have NT8 to wash this all away.

One last date check. New day so the current day is August 29. Barely making it to the date deadline but still...
Sep 20, 2013 12:37 PM

Jul 2010
Ah the return of Saten's baseball bat. I can't wait to see what JC Staff has her do.
Sep 20, 2013 4:08 PM

Apr 2008
At least all the characters are being put to use for their obligatory screen-time. I can't wait how this will turn out.
Sep 20, 2013 4:15 PM

Jun 2011
belatkuro said:
Oh wow, they even managed to shoehorn Gensei in here. And this guy(http://i.imgur.com/yj5A5i6.jpg) with the hat and workclothes. Unmistakeably Gensei as well. Though really, he knows Kongou's father?

And if Misaka can push herself to use her powers, why didn't she just shock Aritomi instead of lying down and listening to his sob story? They really wanted to push her overcoming that drug huh.

And you'd think with all those machines STUDY gathered(if I heard right, 20,000), at least one of them would carry some artillery, like a revolver shotgun. But nope, gotta stick with those metal bars. Truly a prototype of a prototype. In other words, shit robots. To think these machines will
And they're going to use Endymion as well huh. I believe it's not yet finished as of the current time but ehh.

And WTF, Saten and her freaking bat. And she's going to face off against a ton of heavy machines with only Uiharu, her cleaning robots and a helmet. This is revenge for Nishikiori having Tsuchimikado cockblock her in the Endymion movie right? Not to mention Konori is all alone as well. Couldn't they have at least have either Wannai or Awatsuki to help her?
This is just... Oh wow.

Last episode next week. I want to get this over with already. Good thing I have NT8 to wash this all away.

One last date check. New day so the current day is August 29. Barely making it to the date deadline but still...

Wow reading that made me in no rush to watch it when UTW subs it later, back to replaying Dragon Age i go. It sounds like some horrible parody of Railgun rather than what Railgun should be. This director should never be aloud to do anime original especially Railgun ones he is just way to dick hard for Saten i mean parts of season one of her were fine with the whole level upper arc but it has gotten to the point of being ridiculous and with the anime original arcs and her with that retarded bat.

Sigh to bad i am waiting till NT8 is fully translated to read it so i do not have that to read it but on the upside it wont take to long to be done.

Also i want my Illya in her Dress of Heaven forum avatar back i wonder why it got switched back to my random old one.
DragoonDeusSep 20, 2013 4:24 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Sep 20, 2013 4:43 PM

Apr 2009
This is so god damn bad, and the next episode looks even worse. Who needs actual powerlevels when you have the power of friendship? I'm sure baseball bat Saten and some automated trashcans can take on 30 mechs that Mikoto had trouble defeating one of.

Congratulations on raping what was once a promising season, Nagai. I will always remember the Sisters' arc.
Sep 20, 2013 7:33 PM

Sep 2013
SonicBoom0 said:
Saten has a baseball bat, so everything is sure to end well.

hahaha yea i think so too
Sep 20, 2013 7:34 PM

Sep 2013
I hope the last episode will be good.
Sep 20, 2013 11:31 PM

Aug 2009
Slicer22 said:
[
Also i want my Illya in her Dress of Heaven forum avatar back i wonder why it got switched back to my random old one.
I dont know if you can see Ilya now,7 hours later after your post,but it is back.
Sep 21, 2013 1:28 AM

Sep 2012
SonicBoom0 said:
Saten has a baseball bat, so everything is sure to end well.

This. She'll beat the shit out of some huge-ass robots.

I can't believe this show will be ending in one week, I'm rather curious as to how this original anime arc will end.

Hopefully we'll get to see ITEM fuck up some robots as well, but that's just wishful thinking.
Sep 21, 2013 1:40 AM

Sep 2011
Saten with that baseball bat... I can already see her uselessness. Inb4 Touma comes randomly :D.
Sep 21, 2013 1:59 AM

Jul 2007
I think you guys are way too harsh. This is anime original material and they work out like fillers. I mean the end of the Sisters arc had "END" in the credits. I knew at that point that i shouldn't expect much. That being said it's not like i disagree with you. You are right but still 1) It's not THAT bad. It has it's moments. It's not good either though
2) It didn't ruin the whole season. You can expect more awesomeness when and if they adapt more of the manga.

Saten with the bat... lol
Sep 21, 2013 2:00 AM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. This might be trivial, but I think I found where did Janie and Febri's names originated from. Janie from January which is referring to 1st month which has one ahoge and Febri from February which is referring to the 2nd month which have two ahoge on her head.

I can't wait to see how they will wrap up this arc... and they really should announce that there is gonna be a season 3 of Index on the last episode. Hopefully it happens.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2013 2:06 AM

Aug 2009
Cloudy-Sky said:
I think you guys are way too harsh. This is anime original material and they work out like fillers. I mean the end of the Sisters arc had "END" in the credits. I knew at that point that i shouldn't expect much. That being said it's not like i disagree with you. You are right but still 1) It's not THAT bad. It has it's moments. It's not good either though
2) It didn't ruin the whole season. You can expect more awesomeness when and if they adapt more of the manga.

That's the thing.It only has moments.This arc certainly didnt ruin the whole season but it is really unfair even for the show itself to have such an arc.I was going for a 10/10 up to ep 16.Now aside from the fact that my posts arent that different from a "hater's" I have to lower it at 7 which isnt something I like.
Sep 21, 2013 2:19 AM

Sep 2011
ssjokg said:
Cloudy-Sky said:

That's the thing.It only has moments.This arc certainly didnt ruin the whole season but it is really unfair even for the show itself to have such an arc.I was going for a 10/10 up to ep 16.Now aside from the fact that my posts arent that different from a "hater's" I have to lower it at 7 which isnt something I like.

This. Though I'm still going to rate it a 9 and overlook the ughish filler arc.
Sep 21, 2013 2:23 AM

Dec 2008
Nice ep @ wants shinobu...

Do we have a next season on the way for this ... index and railgun are always like more to come one it comes near the end ...

Endymion was great.
Sep 21, 2013 2:54 AM

Mar 2012
I don't know, I don't think the filler is THAT bad. Of course it isn't remotely as good as the Sisters Arc, but considering how damn good the Sisters Arc was, that was to be expected.

Honestly, it felt like a better "power of friendship" episode than most...if that's saying anything.

Considering the circumstances though, I'm guessing Saten and Uiharu are gonna need some help...I mean, yeah...a baseball bat and some cleaning robots? Perhaps we'll get some sort of divine intervention in the form of either Touma, Accelerator, or the Sisters. I'd probably see one of the first two happening since an appearance by the Sisters would kinda spill the dirty little secret that Misaka has a shit ton of clones running around Academy City.
Sep 21, 2013 2:58 AM

Jun 2013
hey hey, maybe some index characters will came and help out of blue?
i mean, there's no way people won't notice the fights later on..
and considering they're definetly outnumbered,,,

NICE!! i really can't wait for the next episode!! >.<
Sep 21, 2013 3:10 AM

Jun 2009
Smash those robo!

Esper master race! Show those lowly commoner how they are worth less than shi... Oh wait..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2013 3:33 AM

Aug 2009
Toucanbird said:
I don't know, I don't think the filler is THAT bad. Of course it isn't remotely as good as the Sisters Arc, but considering how damn good the Sisters Arc was, that was to be expected.

Honestly, it felt like a better "power of friendship" episode than most...if that's saying anything.

Considering the circumstances though, I'm guessing Saten and Uiharu are gonna need some help...I mean, yeah...a baseball bat and some cleaning robots? Perhaps we'll get some sort of divine intervention in the form of either Touma, Accelerator, or the Sisters. I'd probably see one of the first two happening since an appearance by the Sisters would kinda spill the dirty little secret that Misaka has a shit ton of clones running around Academy City.

Touma is out of AC at the moment and Accelerator wastes his money on black coffee.No time for that.
ssjokgSep 21, 2013 4:00 AM
Sep 21, 2013 3:52 AM
Feb 2012
Next week, "Holding hands in order to defeat the evil baseball machines!" Don't miss it!

At the end of next week's episode they should just announce a third Index season to compensate for the fans having had to sit trough that atrocious filler.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 21, 2013 3:55 AM

Apr 2013
Can't wait for next episode.

QuzekSep 21, 2013 4:02 AM
Sep 21, 2013 4:28 AM

Jan 2013
I still think the arc is bad plotwise, but the presentation in this last part was really great and I am looking forward to a bombastic finale where everyone does does their best. Also the whole friendship thing fit reall good with the theme of the first part, where Misaka just tried to do everything alone, despite having many allies in the city. This is gonna be great.

edit:
Also what somebody said about Accel. If the Sisters know, Last Order know too and that means - weither he want or not - she will tell him. I think normally he wouldn't do anything, but I think he might have a weakness to abused loli clones by now.
Sep 21, 2013 4:43 AM

Feb 2009
Frontalbrise said:
edit:
Also what somebody said about Accel. If the Sisters know, Last Order know too and that means - weither he want or not - she will tell him. I think normally he wouldn't do anything, but I think he might have a weakness to abused loli clones by now.
Accel hasn't met Last Order yet. The date is currently August 29. Three Stories arc, or the time where Accel meets LO, is August 31.

Also
>not expecting ITEM to join this mess.
It's so painfully obvious that they will that it hurts.
Sep 21, 2013 4:54 AM

Aug 2009
Best parts of ep
2. Gensei mocking Study .

That idiot Haruki.Doesnt he realize that the Kihara Family is all about revolutionary/heretic ideas?It isnt their fault that he/Study sucks.

belatkuro said:
Frontalbrise said:
edit:
Accel hasn't met Last Order yet. The date is currently August 29. Three Stories arc, or the time where Accel meets LO, is August 31.

Also
>not expecting ITEM to join this mess.
It's so painfully obvious that they will that it hurts.

^This
I mean,yeah 20000 of those Powered suits and we wont have Mugino and Kinuhata appear?
Sep 21, 2013 5:14 AM
Mar 2013
What is with this show the number 20000? 20000 Sisters, 20000 Robots. What next?

Wow, it seems like the entire cast of Kagaku no Railgun is involved with the attack on STUDY, next episode will be jam packed with action.

I'm a little worried about the pacing for the next episode though, because I can't see how they're going to save Janie, bring down Aritomi, and have enough time to conclude the series in only 20 minutes.

As long as no deus-ex machina BS goes down, I think it should be alright, but maybe I'm asking for too much.

P.S., I see what they did there for the title of the last episode.

STUDY's Silent Party vs. Misaka's Eternal Party. Either way, we're having a party!
emeraldrosarySep 21, 2013 5:24 AM
Sep 21, 2013 6:30 AM

May 2013
Next episode is going to be awesome.
Sep 21, 2013 6:40 AM

May 2013
I like the Girl that speaks English :D
Saten-san with the baseball bath hahahaha
i was hoping for Accelerator to come out even once at this arc :(

Ohhh Noo! last episode next week :(

getting ready for the FALL season :D
Sep 21, 2013 8:00 AM

May 2012
Looks like things are about to go down. Everyone is pulling out all the stops to stop STUDY. Can't wait to see what the sisters part will be in all of this. In the end it Looks like everyone will be holding hands. Have to say like this episode a lot more then rest from this arc. Can't wait for next week.
Sep 21, 2013 8:29 AM

Jun 2009
miska should of inlisted the help of the reminaing sisters ti would of helped to expand her forces a bit, though was a great episode
Sep 21, 2013 8:54 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
ssjokg said:
Best parts of ep
2. Gensei mocking Study .

That idiot Haruki.Doesnt he realize that the Kihara Family is all about revolutionary/heretic ideas?It isnt their fault that he/Study sucks.

This. Their idea is so hilariously lame. In other words, STUDY can produce low level junks. Revolution my ass.. >_>
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 21, 2013 9:00 AM

Jan 2013
belatkuro said:
Frontalbrise said:
edit:
Oh ok, thanks for clarifying.
Sep 21, 2013 10:36 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, the ending scene Railgun team fighting against STUDY, that was one epic stand fighting against the mechs. It is time to save Janie, giving them all they've got without fail.

Aw Shinobu was captures again by STUDY, I hope she will be okay.

Sep 21, 2013 10:58 AM
Dec 2012
instant fav kongou mitsuko!
Sep 21, 2013 11:17 AM

Oct 2012
misaka and febri together is just too cute
Sep 21, 2013 11:35 AM

Apr 2010
So there is a terrorist attack coming and no anti terrorist units around guess they must have been sleeping for weeks or something.

Episode was ok except for the start that guy is just annoying that scene was like a waist of time.
On the other hand the scenes with only Misaka and Shinobu where nice seems they could learn from each other and hope we will see some more Shinobu and Misaka moments.
Even tho there is only one episode left.
Sep 21, 2013 12:24 PM
Mar 2011
imperlast said:
miska should of inlisted the help of the reminaing sisters ti would of helped to expand her forces a bit, though was a great episode

^ first thing that popped up in my head when they mentioned they might be up against 20000 mechs. i havent read the novel/book/manga or whatever source, but i believe railgun's friends never knew about her clones at this pt
"....i am the villain in this story"
Sep 21, 2013 12:34 PM

Mar 2012
That "huddle before the final battle" was pretty bad, but oh well. Hopefully the final episode has some nice action. Kongo is awesome.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 21, 2013 12:59 PM

Jul 2013
Well, pretty weak arc in terms of plot, hopefully they will make it up in the action scenes next episode. Maybe they will somehow unleash the Accelerator on those robots.
Sep 21, 2013 1:19 PM

Aug 2009
amginex said:
imperlast said:

^ first thing that popped up in my head when they mentioned they might be up against 20000 mechs. i havent read the novel/book/manga or whatever source, but i believe railgun's friends never knew about her clones at this pt

I dont remember the date that it happened but only 10+Last Order Sisters remained inside Academy City after 9959 of them were sent for treatment in facilities outside.

Lacertoss said:
Well, pretty weak arc in terms of plot, hopefully they will make it up in the action scenes next episode. Maybe they will somehow unleash the Accelerator on those robots.

In the state he is in now,he wouldnt even figure out what is happening.He would just keep on walking, deep in thought with a bag of coffee in one hand.
Sep 21, 2013 1:56 PM

Jun 2013
too much talking i miss the first half :( i'm a walking taser lol
Sep 21, 2013 5:10 PM

May 2013
I find it funny how Uiharu can do everything when it comes to intel gathering and such even if she's against Academy City's greatest minds. Looking forwards to seeing Misaka in action cos so far this arc has been quite a bore (especially since it's right after that massive showdown she had with ITEM)

And LOL @ Saten and her baseball bat

Also hoping at some point even if its an OVA or a short i'd like to know more about Heaven Canceler unless there's already something in the manga in which case i should probably get a move on with reading it. He's really interesting.
TenohiraVSep 21, 2013 5:14 PM
Sep 21, 2013 5:19 PM

Jan 2012
misaka the human stun gun
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 21, 2013 5:27 PM

Jul 2007
Well we have nearly 10k Sister left. Not as strong as Misaka but enough for a few Robots.
Sep 21, 2013 6:01 PM
Oct 2012
belatkuro said:
Though really, he knows Kongou's father?

Why not? He owns an extremely important and powerful company. You would be surprised how tight the top of the social pyramid is, not just here, but even in the US. I would suggest Silicon Valley as an example. It is amazing how much the movers and shakers all know each other.

belatkuro said:

How would she have been able to direct her attack if she can not move her body? Also, the amount of electricity needed to move the body (10-100 millivolts) is a heck of a lot less than what would be needed to attack someone (a minimum of 100 volts would be needed to potentially cause ventricular fibrillation). The external discharge of electricity they showed should be taken as demonstrative, showing what she was doing, rather an indication of power.

belatkuro said:
And you'd think with all those machines STUDY gathered(if I heard right, 20,000), at least one of them would carry some artillery, like a revolver shotgun. But nope, gotta stick with those metal bars. Truly a prototype of a prototype. In other words, shit robots.

First, in the show itself they explained that Febri can only give vague orders to robots, not control them. It takes intelligence to know how to shoot a gun, those machines don't have intelligence, they wouldn't know what a gun was and if they had one they would use it like, well a metal beam. They are programed to pick up building materials, so equipping them with construction material makes sense.

Second, Guns are far more restricted in Japan than the US, so it would have made exposure more likely had they tried to secure weapons.

Third, their goal isn't to kill people or even seize control of the city. The entire point of this experiment is to demonstrate that their man made esper can control 20,000 robots. The "revolution" he is talking about isn't political, its intellectual. They want to prove that they can compete against a level 5, even better is if they could beat a level 5. That is all they want to accomplish.

belatkuro said:
And WTF, Saten and her freaking bat. And she's going to face off against a ton of heavy machines with only Uiharu, her cleaning robots and a helmet.

That is your sole legitimate complaint. However we need to see what happens in 24 before we can condemn it, there may be a plan to actually make sense of it: after all Uiharu's computer skills are potentially stronger than Study, and robots after all are controlled with computers. Saten's bat could be useful in disabling robots (by smashing the crystals) before Study can overcome what Uiharu is going to do. As for why she doesn't disable all of them, my guess is that they are going to use some sort of jamming device that can only cover a small area.

Besides, the whole point of this series has been for Misaka to realize that Esper power alone isn't all there is, that she needs to trust her friends, lower ranked espers, and normals. So why the surprise that the series will end up that way?

I appreciate a rant as much as the next person, but the rant is ruined when the show itself explains most of the things the person is ranting against, since it exposes the ranter as someone who isn't paying attention, but is ranting about his own inability to follow simple dialogue.
Sep 21, 2013 6:59 PM

Jun 2008
Calling in everyone except Touma? Hell yeah, that's the correct way to do it.
Sep 21, 2013 7:16 PM

Nov 2009
Redfoxoffire said:

Touma is not in Academy City at the time of this episode.
Sep 21, 2013 7:39 PM

Jun 2008
ezodagrom said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Touma is not in Academy City at the time of this episode.

Good.
Sep 21, 2013 8:48 PM

Sep 2012
I can't wait for the next episode!
It'll be the best episode ever, almost on the same level of Sister's Arc

Although it could only be the best episode ever if they don't leave out a key portion of the episode: Announcing Index III

If they don't announce it worst episode <3

Edit:
Grummel said:
Well we have nearly 10k Sister left. Not as strong as Misaka but enough for a few Robots.

Aren't there only 4 + LO during this time?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

104 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.