Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 30, 2012 12:44 AM

Jan 2011
Thank based Mari for not overreacting TOO much this time. Almost like I've got my Christmas present early this year. Though the ending somewhat felt forced, it was pretty to see the whole development. I just hope we don't get more useless settings.
Oct 30, 2012 12:54 AM

Jul 2012
This was a splendid episode. When Sorata called Mashiro her name, I just squealed even though I'm a guy. It was just so romantic. I'm guessing the thing Mashiro knew was that she indeed did fall in love with Sorata. Sorata and Mashiro makes such a perfect couple. When I saw that manga, I just can't help but reminisce about the mangas that I've read with a similar ending. This anime is pretty damn awesome and it's slowly becoming one of my top animes. It may even be my favorite anime of the fall season.
Oct 30, 2012 12:59 AM
Sep 2012
so good, keep it up jc staff 5/5
Oct 30, 2012 1:02 AM

Jun 2012
Good resolution to this introduction of the anime. All of the characters have their own likes and dislikes about them and I'm in it for the long haul of this two cour show : )

Was laughing when Misaki and Mashiro were calling Sorata an idiot for not calling Mashiro cute at the tanabata festival in the backyard. Been a while since I've liked a genki girl this much.
Oct 30, 2012 1:14 AM

Nov 2009
I just laugh at how funny Sorata was able to call another girl's first name like Misaki, Chihiro cause he thought of them not as a real "girl" but rather alien and amazoness xD, it was purely hilarious.

So definitely, Sorata sees Shiina as a normal girl and I'm glad that he didn't give her some weird nickname though.
Oct 30, 2012 2:02 AM

Jun 2009
bonifide said:
I truly wish this anime was just about Misaki and Jin. It will be so much funnier and i think the story would be much better. Hopefully they do a spin off when them being the main characters.

Yeah, so we can see a story of Jin sleeping with everyone and keep ignoring Misaki while she cries in her sleep. What a terrible idea. Jin doesn't look bad because he is not the main character.

Also, I would watch an OVA of Shiina's manga. Sorata and Shiina reversed OVA when?
Oct 30, 2012 2:29 AM
Jul 2018
This is the last chapter of volume 1 I think. Want to see the summer vacation part in the next few episodes!
Oct 30, 2012 2:47 AM

Feb 2012
Im gonna stop watching this anime, since hes decided to stay. What a push over
Oct 30, 2012 3:04 AM
Oct 2012
bonifide said:
Sorata is a coward no matter how you put it. He cant redeem himself from how much of a coward he is.

I truly wish this anime was just about Misaki and Jin. It will be so much funnier and i think the story would be much better. Hopefully they do a spin off when them being the main characters.
jin is a bigger coward sleeping with women and makings the girl he love cry guys like him are terrible ass holes
xxtyrantxxOct 30, 2012 3:08 AM
Oct 30, 2012 3:12 AM

Mar 2011
Almost perfect episode
Glad Sorata decided to stay at Sakurasou and Shiina looks happy :")
Seems Aoyama gonna move to Sakurasou
Oct 30, 2012 4:16 AM

Sep 2011
I really don't get how Aoyama's gonna go in ~_~
Well anyways good episode and Mashiro smiled :)
Oct 30, 2012 4:34 AM

Apr 2012
It's enlightening to see a series that clarifies the difference between creating values and rejecting values. Sorata initially sets up his value system around rejecting Sakarusou and returning to dormitory life of normalcy. Because he is not as talented as the other five (not to forget the programmer), he addresses this weakness by not caring about the others and their work. This is especially apparent in the fourth episode, when Sorata realizes he really wanted Shiina to fail.

What does creating values look like? For Shiina, it is doing what she loves. She loves painting and despite the lack of value in manga in comparison with other art forms, she does what she likes. Her motivation to draw manga doesn't derive from a rejection of the hostile external world; Sorata wants to leave Sakurasou because he finds it hostile to him. Slowly, we see Sorata changing his value system from one of rejection to one of creation: Sorata decides to "tear himself to shreds" by becoming a game programmer, than let Sakarusou "tear him to shreds."

Visually, it looks like Sorata is maturing and finding a path for himself, but it's more than that. Sorata is accepting his weakness and not letting himself be defined with respect to something external. He chooses to define himself with what he really likes, and not what he rejects.
Oct 30, 2012 4:37 AM

Oct 2008
This show should be put up as the poster child of why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.
I totally wrote this anime off after reading the premise and watching the previews. Luckily, I give almost every anime this fall at least a one episode test.

The more emotional tone of this episode was done really well. The was not only the right dosage of comedy, but it occurred in areas that worked well with the flow of the episode, mildly breaking up the tension for that fraction of a second to prevent us from being bogged down. The soundtrack was extremely well used. Silence when it was needed. Flowing soft music during emotional scenes. More excited tracks during the comedic breaks.

This arc had a real story and message to it, something I would never have expected. This episode flowed so well, scene into scene, that I'm going to pull the p word, but use it positively for once: pacing.

I wrote in the Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun forums that there was no competition for the best fall anime. Well... Let's just say that I'll have to take back that statement.

However, it does look like we'll be returning to a lighter tone next episode, which is not necessarily a bad thing either!

s2012k1993 said:
Sorata is accepting his weakness and not letting himself be defined with respect to something external. He chooses to define himself with what he really likes, and not what he rejects.

What a great statement reflecting what happened in the episode!
OmniknightOct 30, 2012 4:41 AM
Oct 30, 2012 5:00 AM
Sep 2011
Omniknight said:
This show should be put up as the poster child of why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.
I totally wrote this anime off after reading the premise and watching the previews. Luckily, I give almost every anime this fall at least a one episode test.

Nah, 2 first episodes the show was still rather generic and nothing more than a romance comedy with ecchi stuffs and nice artworks.

It only got better in episode 3 when we saw characters also had "depths".
Tbh if you wouldn't expect anything in Sakurasou, you would drop it after finishing 1st episode.
Oct 30, 2012 6:15 AM
Sep 2011
Well, I'll agree with Omniknight. After this episode, Sakurasou is officialy a nomination for the best anime of this season (excluding the sequels like Bakuman 3) along with Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.
Oct 30, 2012 6:17 AM

Aug 2012
great ep, this has potential to be "best of fall season" for me
Oct 30, 2012 6:18 AM

Mar 2012
So damn good, wonder what they'll do with the remaining 20eps since they could've just ended it right there lol.
Oct 30, 2012 6:32 AM

Oct 2007
HibiChouchou said:

Nah, 2 first episodes the show was still rather generic and nothing more than a romance comedy with ecchi stuffs and nice artworks

The potential for drama was always there.
In the first episode sorata states in a monologue that he's bored with himself,that might not seem like much but statements like this are the opposite of what ecchi rom com leads say usually which is "I just want to live a quiet normal life".They aspire for nothing,have no ambition and that's not a problem for them,Sorata already broke that mold in the first episode
all for fun.fun for all
Oct 30, 2012 6:45 AM

Apr 2010
Nice episode Sorata finally realising what he was doing wrong and after being confronted be the editor of the magazine.
And in the end even talking things over with Shiina and saying the things he did wrong.
I feel sorry for Aoyama tho she took the trouble to invite Sorata to come with her and in the middle of talking she gets interrupted by the editor.
About the editors car a mazda RX 7 which is one of the best Japanese cars ever made and it seems she likes driving fast with it as well.
Oct 30, 2012 6:51 AM

Jan 2011
SteinsGate said:
Well, I'll agree with Omniknight. After this episode, Sakurasou is officialy a nomination for the best anime of this season (excluding the sequels like Bakuman 3) along with Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.

A little unrelated but it's funny. Little Busters!, that was supposed to be the most waited and AOTS is being bashed because of the budget, while this one on the same circumstances is getting more praise and with much more hopes than it was supposed to have because of the premise. I guess I should stop trying to understand how ratio of liked/disliked works.
Oct 30, 2012 7:03 AM

Oct 2011
Tyrel said:
This episode felt like an ending episode to me Lmao xD. Nice episode though!

@Shih

A lot more IMO. I can't see any still frames like they do with Little Busters, etc.

yeahhh i agree this really look like an ending episode but still AWESOME
Oct 30, 2012 7:11 AM

Dec 2009
This was probably the ending of the first light novel. Now the real test begins. Will it, unlike many other light novel adaptations, survive after the first novel?

Whatever the case, I really liked this episode.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 30, 2012 7:28 AM

May 2012
I thought Jin will kiss Misaki in the stairs when he grabbed her arm.. haha.. but anyway, glad that Sorata will not leave and finally decided his own goal. BUT i really want Jin and Misaki's story now.. hehe
Oct 30, 2012 7:46 AM

Dec 2011
Aww Quite a touching and sentimental end, It was cliché but somewhat executed well. I just hope for a two cour show, it doesn't lose that substance~
Oct 30, 2012 8:00 AM

Jan 2008
Loving this series.

I still have trouble believing this has 20 more episodes, I hope it keeps this good feeling I have when watching throughout each episode.
Oct 30, 2012 8:05 AM

Apr 2012
Easily my favourite show of the season and that episode was so f*cking good!
Dies Irae! :)
Oct 30, 2012 8:10 AM

Sep 2010
Shiina's smile made my day...... :D
Oct 30, 2012 9:18 AM

Mar 2012
WAAH Hikari is pregnant (I think)
Oct 30, 2012 9:26 AM

Aug 2012
Awesome..
That's all that has to be said.
.................................................................................
Oct 30, 2012 10:40 AM

Aug 2012
Was decent, pretty cliche but character development
Oct 30, 2012 10:52 AM

Jun 2009
Wow what an episode. The drama is really good in this show, I didn't expect this show to have so much of it. That combined with the comedy and romance makes this show really really awesome. I'm loving it.

Too bad for Aoyama though. She doesn't has any chance wining Sorata over. Btw, I wonder who Hikari is.

Edit: Hikari is the cat, I totally forgot that ^-^.
Yang94Oct 30, 2012 10:55 AM
Oct 30, 2012 10:57 AM
Sep 2012
Cliche drama and romance, though I still like it. Great episode.
Oct 30, 2012 11:32 AM

Mar 2012
Definitely thought this was a joke anime when I picked it up, but I'm liking the plot and character development more and more with each episode.

Judging from post-ED preview, Aoyama will be joining Sakura-sou, which I'm sure will add to some drama next episode...

And I like how Sorata wants to do game design lol JUST LIKE KIRITO FROM SAO (their voices are from the same VA)
zannettOct 30, 2012 11:51 AM
Oct 30, 2012 11:37 AM

Oct 2012
I was holding my breath and speculating the whole episode.
It made me a little sad when Sorata finally read what Mashiro wrote on the paper.

Can't wait for the next episode. I wish somebody is translating the LN ;)
Oct 30, 2012 12:00 PM

Sep 2012
A truly inspiring episode.. really feel like changing the way how I live my life now.. Will stop being a loser and give it a go!!!
Oct 30, 2012 12:47 PM

Jul 2012
That was some great development of Jin, seems like he might have had something happen in his past maybe?

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 30, 2012 1:13 PM

Mar 2012
I have a feeling we'll have more girls

Does it mean there will be new characters going to stay at Sakurasou, let's see..
Claude_KennyOct 30, 2012 1:20 PM
Keep moving forward
Oct 30, 2012 1:17 PM

Oct 2012
The development that some animes fail to do in 13 episodes, sakurasou succeeded in just 4 episodes....... well atleast in my opinion.
Oct 30, 2012 1:22 PM

Jun 2010
A serious episode, but still good. Judging by the preview, probably Nanami will join Sakurasou.
Oct 30, 2012 1:50 PM

Dec 2010
AnimeHAwk616 said:
The development that some animes fail to do in 13 episodes, sakurasou succeeded in just 4 episodes.

So very true.
Oct 30, 2012 2:05 PM
Jan 2011
So in the end Kanda ain't leaving.
Oct 30, 2012 2:49 PM

Jan 2012
That was so cute u////u
Oct 30, 2012 2:51 PM

Oct 2008
Niyawa said:
SteinsGate said:

A little unrelated but it's funny. Little Busters!, that was supposed to be the most waited and AOTS is being bashed because of the budget, while this one on the same circumstances is getting more praise and with much more hopes than it was supposed to have because of the premise. I guess I should stop trying to understand how ratio of liked/disliked works.

Really? Most people complain about Little Buster's budget?
I know it's not the most beautiful anime, but it's not ugly either.

I also had really, really high expectations from it as well. I don't like Little Busters because it's just not funny and there's too much emphasis on cute for the sake of being cute. So far (notice the so far) the character lack depth. Everything is made into a joke that I don't see how they are going to do the serious and emotional parts. Also, it's a comedy that has failed to make me smile, let alone laugh. Kind of reminds me of a comedian that is just trying too hard to make things funny.

bastek66 said:
2easy4AgEnT said:

Does it mean there will be new characters going to stay at Sakurasou, let's see..

No new characters. They would appear in OP/ED.

It's pretty obvious the new girl is Aoyama.
She also has her own talent: voice actress.

tezann_t said:
Definitely thought this was a joke anime when I picked it up, but I'm liking the plot and character development more and more with each episode.

I think most of us had this thought when looking at the preview. I honestly was like... this anime is just an excuse for the male lead to take advantage of the innocent and naive female lead. One time that I was happy to be proven wrong.
OmniknightOct 30, 2012 2:55 PM
Oct 30, 2012 2:51 PM

May 2009
2easy4AgEnT said:

No new characters. They would appear in OP/ED.
Oct 30, 2012 3:35 PM

Sep 2012
DStev said:
Was decent, pretty cliche but character development
Oct 30, 2012 4:03 PM

May 2010
Heart felt confession....... Sleep, that alway happens, also Shiina Smile melts the most coldist of hearts.
Oct 30, 2012 4:08 PM

Jan 2012
From unfunny ecchi comedy this changed into actually great and serious series? I am really glad I haven't dropped it after 2nd ep. This might be one of better series in this season if they keep this up
Oct 30, 2012 4:15 PM

Jan 2012
Does nobody in anime study biology? The tear ducts are near the nose, no all over the bloody eye.
Oct 30, 2012 4:44 PM

Oct 2012
testyal1 said:
Does nobody in anime study biology? The tear ducts are near the nose, no all over the bloody eye.
Did you not study chemistry? Water has a cohesive attraction that allows it to form a shape and stick together then run along the eyes. The tears in this anime formed 2 spheres of liquid along the bottom part of the eyes, and extra volume is spilled out of the eyes, which form tears. Her tears weren't all over her eyes.
AnimeHAwk616Oct 30, 2012 4:50 PM
Oct 30, 2012 5:13 PM
Oct 2012
i love that this series not only is funny but that it also has this serious part about finding what you want to do
this is awesome
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2012

289 by Nayasianboy »»
May 21, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

641 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 13, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 4, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

246 by Kristhian1_ »»
May 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.