Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 8, 2012 1:11 AM

Nov 2011
Too little too late

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 8, 2012 1:55 AM
Aug 2007
This was probably the most frustrating episode to watch so far. UGH.
Sep 8, 2012 3:12 AM
Nov 2008
Shimao kun u are an total asshole now!!! Give Hazuki back his body!!!!!!*rages*
Sep 8, 2012 3:13 AM

May 2012
Could not resist it and had to check the manga, if you cannot wait till next thrusday:

http://www.jcafe24.net/index.php/topic,32199.0.html

You need to register there and make one comment to see the download links.

If you through the hassle to see how this story ends then you need to download Magazine FEEL YOUNG 2011-10 to 2012-01...this is the magazine that serialized the story and above volume contain the last 2/3 chapters, the ones that will be animated next ep, not sure if they will adapt the ending as it is, you may need to end up getting the magazines after all to see the FULL ending if not.

If you want me to spoil the ending to you and give you details then:

9988Sep 8, 2012 3:25 AM
Sep 8, 2012 4:54 AM

Jul 2011
See? A lot better without all those boring flashbacks!

4/5
Sep 8, 2012 6:28 AM
Apr 2012
I feel what makes this show increasingly unbearable (but not so much so), is the difference of pace between the earlier episodes and the later ones.

The relationship between Rokka and Hazuki became so intimate very rapidly; in just a few episodes they evolve from being co-workers to lovers.

But when Shimao turns up, especially after he possesses Hazuki's body, the pacing and plot progression seems a bit too prolonged and draggy. Especially the storybook sequences.

Anyway, I think that Shimao was really aware that his actions were evil, as he hiimself acknowledges that when saying that circumstances stemming from him being a ghost and his love for Rokka turned him into a desperate man.

I do hope that it ends well for all parties. Well, the living ones anyway.
Sep 8, 2012 6:31 AM

Nov 2008
Still like Shimao.
Sep 8, 2012 10:56 AM

Jun 2011
ihateeveryone said:
I remember when we all thought this would be the best show of the season..

I still think it is one of the best
Duhuhu...
Sep 8, 2012 3:43 PM

Aug 2012
Shimao-kun ftw, forever and ever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2012 4:28 PM

Feb 2009
I thought she would never ask about Hazuki. I think you are loosing Shimao; your time has passed.
Sep 8, 2012 5:29 PM

Nov 2009
Shimao, you're pathetic. Let go of her. You're dead! Don't cause other people problems. If Hazuki was in your place, he would let her live her life. You're living in the past. You're not worthy of even being a villain. You look like a selfish and arrogant child. I know your feelings are strong, but she will always love you. She won't forget about you. Let her go!
Just die already! Oops!
Sep 8, 2012 5:57 PM

Aug 2010
the ending <333 manager asking about hazuki :')

to me it looks like shimao's ready to finally leave
Sep 9, 2012 12:41 AM

Oct 2011
Shimao -_______________________- just give hazuki his body already!
Sep 9, 2012 1:11 AM

Apr 2010
ihateeveryone said:

This.
Sep 9, 2012 2:58 AM
May 2012
Damn, damn, damn. Looks like Rokka finally moved on.

Can't wait to see what Shimao's gonna do in this last ep.
Sep 9, 2012 3:41 AM

Jul 2011
Kugutsue said:
ihateeveryone said:

This.

Please, do not remind me too, it was after the episode 2...
Sep 9, 2012 6:23 AM
Jun 2009
After watching this episode, if shimao gets rokka in the end then this show for myself will end up being the worst show of the season!
Sep 9, 2012 6:53 AM

Sep 2007
OMG YES!!!!

"Where is the Hazuki I fell in love with?"

MAJOR WIN FOR HAZUKI =D

SephiriAzure said:
mistress_kisara said:
Episode 11 preview is up on the official website

http://natsuyuki.tv/03story/index.html

I BET you that punch is the moment Hazuki gets his body back. You know like how when this all started Shimao kind of jumped into Hazuki's body?
That scene seems he's purposely (what's the word?) baiting Hazuki to dive at him.
IkanoSep 9, 2012 7:00 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Sep 9, 2012 8:43 AM
Mar 2012
Villetta_Nu said:
How many people are still on Team Shimao after this episode?
Shimao was absolute evil in this episode and I felt so bad for Hazuki. Shimao probably NEVER had any intention of returning Hazuki's body. And then threatened (I seriously doubt he was joking) to kill Rokka and let Hazuki take the blame for it!
Why are you surprised? Shimao was an egoistic, creepy asshole all the time. This is nothing new.
The sad thing is, it's not uncommon. Well, the whole ghost situation, yes. But a lot of men kill the women they pretend to love because they don't want anyone else to have her.

dark06star said:
The ending was amazing, how she was thinking about Hazuki-kun and asked where he is >W<
Well, about time. I thought it was a little late.

Shame. This series went from "wow, that looks good, I bet I'll love it" to "I hope I can make it through the remaining few episodes".
Sep 9, 2012 9:57 AM

May 2011
Even after these episodes it is hard for me to read Shimao sometimes. But I do feel sorry for him and even like him. He has this feeling of general apathy to his character which I do imagine is almost a learned helplessness type of thing. Although he says he didn't give up on life I still believe while he lived he had long repressed what he wanted to do or say.

With Shimao's second chance he's fighting what seems to be a loosing battle against wanting to keep his love with himself. He left to say goodbye, how was he to know Rokka would somehow find him and remind him all over again of what he was already having such a hard time leaving behind. I still believe that even as his resolve wavers he wants to leave Rokka to his life. That some of his words to Hazuki is a matter of testing out the new guy.
Sep 9, 2012 12:01 PM

Jul 2012
aiNkyy said:
Kugutsue said:
ihateeveryone said:

This.

Please, do not remind me too, it was after the episode 2...

Yep.
First few episodes were so amazing. Honestly.
Sep 9, 2012 12:30 PM

Mar 2009
i'm still crying ugh.
Sep 9, 2012 1:15 PM
Feb 2012
"Then Hazuki... the Hazuki I fell in love with... where is he?"

Beautiful.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 9, 2012 5:22 PM

Nov 2011
Villetta_Nu said:
How many people are still on Team Shimao after this episode?

Shimao was absolute evil in this episode and I felt so bad for Hazuki. Shimao probably NEVER had any intention of returning Hazuki's body. And then threatened (I seriously doubt he was joking) to kill Rokka and let Hazuki take the blame for it! OMG!! I wonder how Rokka would feel if she knew that?

I don't hate Shimao nor do I find him selfish.

Why? Because as I see it, this show just tries to sum up the fact that "life isn't fair" and brings up a "what if life would be fair... to everyone" which would just turn to be a nonsense like here. Shimao says... he never gave up anything, it wasn't his choice and he's just giving the younger Hazuki the possibility of understanding that, actually, there is no bad guy or selfish guy: they both want to be with Rokka and they both want to be alive. The fact that Shimao is dead doesn't make him less DESERVING of having her, because it's not something he chose....

If anything, they are actually both selfish. The only slight difference is that Shimao likes to play the victim and is underappreciating the younger guy (maybe just because he's very jealous - jealousy makes you do mean stuff)

It's just how things happened, "destiny" or whatever, which is painful to people and sometimes can't be changed. In the end the morale of the show would probably just conclude that the only solution is to go on with yourlife the way it is, with goods and bads. It;s just so... japanese xD
Sep 9, 2012 5:44 PM
Dec 2008
ihateeveryone said:

Yeah, I'm dissapointed. However, both Kokoro Connect and Sword art Online surprised me, so I enjoyed this season :P
Sep 10, 2012 8:32 AM

Aug 2008
Wow this episode made me dislike Shimao. Up till now I never fully disliked him because his actions were understandable given his past circumstances, I felt sympathetic even.
But now it's a whole different story. I guess he got greedy at the end huh.

Although I'm not a fan of Hazuki initially, the last few episodes involving the dream/sketchbook world gave Hazuki tremendous amount of development. Hoping for a Hazuki end.
Sep 10, 2012 9:33 AM

Jul 2009
I actually wasn't expecting that last question to be asked that way.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 11, 2012 8:10 AM

Nov 2008
Actually come to think about it, Rokka has been the one who's been hurting Shimao. She fell in love with Hazuki and even went to bed with him after a few months' time.

"Then the Hazuki-kun that i fell in love with..."

Gawd....

But true enough, Shimao's selfish in his own ways... though I still support Shimao over Hazuki anytime.
Sep 11, 2012 11:20 AM

Oct 2010
this doesn't really make sense, this whole time all this about the book has confused me so much, i didn't realise it will be the last episode next week!
Sep 12, 2012 4:35 PM
Apr 2008
ElenirLachlagos said:
This series went from "wow, that looks good, I bet I'll love it" to "I hope I can make it through the remaining few episodes".

That describes my experience with Sword Art Online, needless to say I already dropped it and wish everyone else does the same.

ihateeveryone said:

It still is, (not including Hyouka or the other spring series), and whoever says Sword Art Online is better needs to just stop watching anime all together. Honestly, I'm glad I saw this show: It's different, it's creative and it has heart, something Shit Art Online and 99% of the other airing series (except Jinrui and Hyouka) lack completely. From that beautiful opening theme song, by the guy who sung that famous Durarara ending, to the beautiful ending theme song and all in between. These 10 weeks have been truly something worthwhile, and I pity those who'd rather watch yet another moeblob series, yet another yuri-as-laughs series and other things we've seen millions of times over.

Anyways, besides the haters, I'm excited to see the conclusion of this. It's been a slow ride ironic given the usual pacing of 11 episode series, but honestly without Jinrui or Hyouka, it would be my #1 easily. Definitely going to import this series as my first import, given how cheap it is (for Japan's ridiculously high pricing standards). The biggest thing about this show is that there are NO teenagers at all! Probably why I enjoy it so much :)
apolloisfineSep 12, 2012 4:44 PM
Sep 12, 2012 8:04 PM

Aug 2010
Good episode, only 1 episode left now. I wonder how thing will wrap up.
Sep 13, 2012 2:18 PM

Sep 2010
Why do you all say this show is not as good as expected?

For me it is still original and interesting. It has unique idea and well developed story that is fun to watch. Characters are down to earth, but you can sense their temper. I love Hazuki ! And it was long ago when I liked a character like this. Anyway. Series are really not like those annoying school soap dramas.
Sep 13, 2012 4:13 PM

Aug 2012
Honestly for me, the anime industry is getting saturated with unoriginal ideas. This show seems original on the surface, but the only non-standard idea it really has is the older lady with a younger guy. I'm sure that's been done before in anime too, I just haven't personally seen it.

At least half of this show is rehash of b-list fairy tales, with the main character plopped inside of them muttering some insignificant dialogue. The first few episodes are commendable for Hazuki's bravery and assertiveness, but aside from that, it's not any more original than most anime for me. Just think about it, how many anime have ghosts or other supernatural elements, fairy tales, romance, or drama? And how many of them do one or all of those things better?

These days, I don't expect to see something new, but I do hope for at least a better version of the old.
Sep 14, 2012 2:10 AM

Sep 2010
Chaospan said:
Honestly for me, the anime industry is getting saturated with unoriginal ideas. This show seems original on the surface, but the only non-standard idea it really has is the older lady with a younger guy. I'm sure that's been done before in anime too, I just haven't personally seen it.

At least half of this show is rehash of b-list fairy tales, with the main character plopped inside of them muttering some insignificant dialogue. The first few episodes are commendable for Hazuki's bravery and assertiveness, but aside from that, it's not any more original than most anime for me. Just think about it, how many anime have ghosts or other supernatural elements, fairy tales, romance, or drama? And how many of them do one or all of those things better?

These days, I don't expect to see something new, but I do hope for at least a better version of the old.

Well, maybe *ghost stories* are nothing new (there is anohana, kanon but those just annoy the hell out of me), but it's not all about the "idea", but the way it is expressed. And that ghost thing is taken in a new unseen way to me. It's not pretentious, sad things are not over-the-top. And just how much you know josei anime that characters are OLDER than 20's and actually act like ones?
Sep 14, 2012 2:54 AM

Aug 2012
I already gave this anime credit for the uncommon occurrence of 'adult' characters with a large age gap between them in a romantic setting. Honestly though, I think that the main characters act like children throughout most of the show.

Rokka met her first love either at or near college age, which shows obvious signs of emotional immaturity; and continues to try to live this fairy tale long after he's dead by clinging to him so much that it compromises her professional and personal life. Her inability to be emotionally or physically intimate with Hazuki isn't just because she couldn't get over her dead husband, but more so because she never matured to the point that she could handle a normal romance. I will say this though; Rokka was brave and strong by her husbands bedside.

Shimao on the other hand was a whiny bastard until he was finally given an inch by Hazuki, which he took more than a mile with by the end of this particular episode. His general personality after his death isn't amusing at all to me, but instead it's just plain childish. This is reasonable for him though, as he never got the chance to live a normal persons life because of his sickness.

In Hazuki's case, I hate to say this because he's my pick; but he doesn't have much of a backbone for someone his age. He was very assertive when this series started off, but he gave both Rokka and Hazuki too much slack while still diligently standing by the idea that he would be "okay" with being second best, which basically makes him an inferior replacement for Shimao.

So, the way I see it, Shimao may have had some idea of what he wanted to do with his life with the flower shop, and Rokka and Hazuki are just living his dream up for him. I don't see that as maturity, I see that as an immature lack of independent thought or aspiration.

That said, I still insist that this series would have been more unique and original if it followed the real(anime)-world drama of Hazuki and Rokka as they struggled to leave her husband in the past and start anew in a somewhat off-balance relationship. Seeing them learn balance and unity in that situation, for me, would have been more entertaining than seeing Rokka cosplay as a few Disney rejects for half the series, and listen to Shimao whine about not getting his way.

Finally, I'd like to mention that lack of originality isn't a deal-breaker to me. In fact, I look for a bit of similarity, which was why I was interested in this romance anime. Generally, if I enjoyed something the first time, I'm sure to enjoy it again. Unfortunately, this series, original or not, was just lackluster for me. It would have been better off as a movie or a short OVA series without Shimao's ghost or his picturebook in it.
Sep 14, 2012 1:52 PM

Sep 2011
Shimao is a terrible man.
Sep 20, 2012 9:14 PM

Mar 2011
Shimao should be shot; too bad he's already dead.
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Sep 22, 2012 7:40 PM
Feb 2011
This point of the story should have been in earlier episodes. Hazuki finally voiced out what a clingy person Shimao is to the point of being despicable, but still sympathetic nonetheless. I just hope the last episode will be better or at least as good as this one. The development won't get much, much worse, won't it? Fingers crossed. I still have hope for this series.
Chaospan said:
Honestly though, I think that the main characters act like children throughout most of the show.
Second that.
JujikaSep 22, 2012 8:39 PM
Sep 23, 2012 12:38 PM

Jan 2011
Bunns said:
Still like Shimao.

same here. actually this episode made me like him even more than before...
Existence
Sep 28, 2012 11:54 AM

Aug 2008
I guess watching it after 6 weeks really lost its impact.
The last sentence, it hurts.
Oct 24, 2012 11:28 AM

Jan 2012
wow..... Shimao.... what a douche you turned out to be, never felt so much hate for someone over the space of 20mins haha, the story has a whole has certainly weakened from the first what.... 3-4 episodes, found it hard to watch from there... quite disappointing really it started out with so much potential.
Dec 15, 2012 6:21 PM

Jul 2008
ElenirLachlagos said:
This series went from "wow, that looks good, I bet I'll love it" to "I hope I can make it through the remaining few episodes".

For real. This went to crap when they switched bodies.
Apr 21, 2013 2:54 AM

Sep 2012
Shimao should give Hazuki his body back. I had a hard time finishing the last few episodes...
Jul 17, 2013 12:28 AM

Dec 2009
I HATE SHIMAO.

K R I S S
leo | usa | istp
dystopias, bright colors, unique animation

Feb 5, 2014 4:14 PM

May 2012
Oh wow what great development and knowing the next episode is the last I really wonder how they'll end this series!
Jan 25, 2016 10:32 AM

Jun 2010
FINALLY! Stupid Rokka hasn't even thought about Hizuki at all. Where is he when her dead husband just happens to be in his body. What such an airhead? And she's annoying crybaby.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2016 7:15 PM

Jun 2013
It's time to say bye bye Shimao. I like you but not that much.
臭い-
Aug 4, 2016 10:04 PM

Jul 2015
This has literally been half flashbacks for like 5 episodes now! What the fuck were they thinking!!!
Oct 21, 2016 9:19 PM

Sep 2010
All joking aside, this is an emotional rollercoaster and it's making me a bit sad. Okay, now I have to see how it ends.
Apr 2, 2020 2:59 PM

Nov 2016
Hazuki as sacrifice, how fitting.

And wow, I surely must be the only one symphatizing with Shimao. Sure, some things he has said or done can't be excused, but considering all he went through, I can see where he is coming from.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2012

167 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 5, 2012

151 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 30, 2012

90 by katakumplat »»
Feb 7, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2012

71 by katakumplat »»
Feb 5, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 16, 2012

88 by katakumplat »»
Jan 28, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.