Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 3, 2014 10:11 AM
May 2014
This episode is probably the most distressing I have ever watched. I love it for that but it shows you that normal people can be the real monsters.

All in all I loved the episode despite the repulsive nature of the townspeople..
Aug 25, 2014 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
Wooaah. What a bloody ep. Loved it!
I don't feel bad for Nao at all, her way of thinking was so fucking absurd. "I'm just gonna go ahead and kill my whole family, hoping they become vampires so we can live together eternally" Wth.
She deserved to die for good.
Sep 22, 2014 10:35 PM

Feb 2013
Nao was one of my favorite characters, so this episode really made me sad.

I just felt so bad for her throughout the whole thing, the whole scene where they were crawling through the pipe lines and then getting stuck and then getting dragged out one by one had me on the edge of my seat. I was hoping Nao would escape somehow but of course she didn't ;-;.

Also tying them up like that and just letting them burn was cruel. I'm really glad that one guy showed them mercy and gave them all quick deaths.

The humans were the real monsters in this ep.

5/5
Oct 3, 2014 3:05 AM

Jul 2012
FlyingComma said:
Wooaah. What a bloody ep. Loved it!
I don't feel bad for Nao at all, her way of thinking was so fucking absurd. "I'm just gonna go ahead and kill my whole family, hoping they become vampires so we can live together eternally" Wth.
She deserved to die for good.

you have no soul
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Oct 25, 2014 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
That was intense.

@Preview: Is Seishin a lolicon or what
LOL
I joke.
Nov 11, 2014 10:32 PM

Mar 2012
That was a really intense episode, one of the most intense ones so far.

LOAD said:

LOL
I joke.

You never know he might be considering he went way out of his way to help her.
Nov 14, 2014 5:30 AM

Jul 2012
Shimapan-chan said:
That was a really intense episode, one of the most intense ones so far.

LOAD said:

LOL
I joke.

You never know he might be considering he went way out of his way to help her.

Or maybe the doctor is gay.

Or maybe the monk hated the village from the start

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Jan 12, 2015 2:21 AM

Nov 2013
I remember watching these specials after midnight. Fucking horrifying.

Jan 29, 2015 9:43 PM
Oct 2013
Nao's death is really too much ;_;
Feb 15, 2015 3:07 AM

Jul 2012
Sacriven said:
Nao's death is really too much ;_;

Well the humans are bastards

im a shiki supporter

Mar 15, 2015 9:52 AM

Jan 2014
Shinryuken said:
Wow amazing episode!
so much blood sweat and tears
Aug 12, 2015 2:04 PM

Oct 2013
Oh my Lord. ;_;

The humans have become more monstrous than the shiki ever were. I understand the necessity in killing the shiki, but their sheer cruelty and mercilessness was absolutely unnerving.

I'm terrified of even continuing with the last few episodes. Since the series entered its climax around episode 18, it's become progressively brutal with no signs of stopping. *shudders*

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 18, 2015 10:27 AM

Feb 2013
I'm still #teamhuman and all, but that was a bit over the top. Did they really think it was OK to just let them roast in the sun like that when they could easily stab and be done? Also killing a dude for being slightly nicked by a shiki? Did these dudes only half listen to what Ozaki taught them about who their hunting?
Sep 1, 2015 2:15 PM

May 2010
The blonde guy was the worst among the humans. This theme is probably even brutally executed than the one in SSY.

It is hard to admit, but this is exactly how normal people would act if something like this ever happens. That's how people are. Once they believe in something, they aren't easily swayed...

I am not good with narrow places to begin with, this episode was hard to watch. Felt sorry for Nao...

Wish there was a better solution to this problem, too much violence... These villagers are getting more and more messed up by each passing episode.
Sep 2, 2015 3:45 PM

Jul 2012
TragicRomance said:
The blonde guy was the worst among the humans. This theme is probably even brutally executed than the one in SSY.

It is hard to admit, but this is exactly how normal people would act if something like this ever happens. That's how people are. Once they believe in something, they aren't easily swayed...

I am not good with narrow places to begin with, this episode was hard to watch. Felt sorry for Nao...

Wish there was a better solution to this problem, too much violence... These villagers are getting more and more messed up by each passing episode.

Humanity what can you do

im a shiki supporter

Nov 5, 2015 3:47 AM
Aug 2014
hot headed and trucker hat, and so passionate to eradicate those who are he deemed enemy. we got a redneck here.
Dec 20, 2015 8:26 PM

Jul 2013
Talk about being butthurt amirite.
Dec 29, 2015 11:00 AM

Feb 2015
That was one hell of a teamwork.
Mar 11, 2016 12:12 AM

Jan 2014
The most fascinating part was when that man decided to kill the two who were bitten by the shiki.

A mind is a fragile thing.
Apr 12, 2016 4:44 AM

Apr 2009
This WAY more brutal than E;fen Lied.

A heart stabbing episode. I can feel those Shikis. T___T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2016 10:20 AM

Jan 2013
Right in the feels, poor Shiki, again teared up because of it.
I'm glad Hasegawa put them out of their misery, at least shows some emotion ...
Unlike all the others just chanting away whilst murdering Shiki and even killing their comrades when they appear to be bitten ...

Again they crossed the line, just like episode 20. - This is basically them being Shiki in human form.

ezaya said:
A heart stabbing episode. I can feel those Shikis. T___T

Same here ... same here :(

TragicRomance said:

Oh god ... the narrow situation got me aswell, no way to run, knowing you're about to be killed in a brutal way ... OH GOD :/

It's funny isn't it ... they think that Shiki are messed up, I wonder how an outsider will view them after a scene like this.
Oct 19, 2016 6:22 AM

Jul 2008
Still siding with the humans, no matter how much the show tries to make me sympathize with the vamps.
Mar 22, 2017 10:09 AM

Sep 2016
impossible to side with anyone in this show tbh. i have simpathy for characters on both sides and there are aweful people on either side aswell.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

May 9, 2017 1:49 PM

Nov 2016
This episode showed the terrible nature of some human beeings. The Shiki did some horrible things, but most of them were forced due to threats and hunger. The villagers in this episode on the other hand seemed to enjoy themselves, at least one of them had the guts to do the right thing.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 20, 2017 10:26 PM

Feb 2016
This episode was much needed in the original series, such a shame it wasn't included.

This only further increased my fury of the cause of all this and how injustice was not served by not having at least that person die.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Jan 4, 2019 8:55 AM

Jun 2015
All this screaming is really scary.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 28, 2019 9:52 PM

May 2008
In the end, the humans except Hasegawa become the very thing they condemned and murdered.

After all, what's the difference between shiki and Sadofumi or the guys that stood and watched one of his comrades get killed? It did made me really wish Sadofumi had gotten killed.

Hasegawa was really enjoyable in this episode; not gonna lie I teared up when he stood up with that resolve and put the shiki out of their mercy. Having them suffer burning too death when any stab to the heart or chopping off their head was avaliable... is just wow.

But, really, the shiki are a joke. They got owned too easily here.
Jun 30, 2019 11:29 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
The tunnel scene was frightening, especially when the guy was killing someone and enjoying it just because he never liked him.
And imagine hitting a dead end and realizing they’re coming after you one by one...

And that last scene right before daybreak is like some scene outta GOT.

I guess they put this and the other episode as specials because it was really dark.
Jul 29, 2019 2:28 PM

Jun 2019
I don't really get a large part of the arguments asking and debating over who is right and who are the monsters, the Shiki or the humans. Honestly, I don't see either side as right or wrong or either side as monsters. It's all just life fighting to survive. It's the dance of nature.

I don't believe in evil anyway because it's a concept which is mythological and assumes that the motivations of any sentient being's actions come from somewhere else outside of them and cannot be understood in rational terms. It's nonsense. I don't see the Shiki draining the village dry and planning to conquer and use it as their base for expansion into other human population centers as evil. And I don't see the humans ruthlessly hunting down every last Shiki and Shiki collaborator and exterminating them to halt their ambitions as evil either. They're brutal and merciless, but I don't see anything about that as inherently bad or wrong. Everything else in nature functions the same way.

Just as I don't see foxes as malevolent or villainous for hunting rabbits, but if the rabbits were capable, I wouldn't fault them either for ripping the foxes' throats out in return.

There is something both beautiful and tragic about seeing all forms of life, all organisms, doing their damnedest to fight to survive. If I were a mortal person in that village or a Shiki, I wouldn't behave any differently toward the opposing side. Just as I eat chickens, turkeys, goats, ducks, crabs, and a lot of other organisms now for survival but also a certain quality of life and pleasure. Both the doctor and Sunako are noble in their own ways. I haven't really seen a character in this anime yet whose actions cannot be easily logically justified. Except Megumi. She's just a miserable bitch.
WatchTillTandavaJul 29, 2019 2:35 PM
Nov 21, 2019 4:19 PM
Dec 2012
what website can i watch the shiki specials????
Dec 22, 2019 11:48 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What the hell some of them were enjoying that crusade, even making up excuses for killing off people they didn't get along with. If it wasn't for the circumstance they would have been labeled as murderers. Hats off for the dude who actually decided to stab them at the end and relief them from their pain and misery.
Jan 1, 2020 2:00 PM
Nov 2019
WatchTillTandava said:
I don't really get a large part of the arguments asking and debating over who is right and who are the monsters, the Shiki or the humans. Honestly, I don't see either side as right or wrong or either side as monsters. It's all just life fighting to survive. It's the dance of nature.

Wrong. Sunako didn't need to turn an (almost) entire village into shiki in order to survive; she only did it out of desire for companionship, which was incredibly selfish of her as she already had her own undead family anyways. What's more, the new shiki (who were innocent victims) needed to feed too, which would eventually lead to an ever increasing numbers of deaths. An unsustainable scenario.
Plus it was explicitly stated in the show that it takes about 4 feedings to kill a human host; so perhaps there were ways for shiki to exist without killing anyone and/or spreading the 'disease'. E. g. they could have moved to a city and drink from someone different every day. Yet none of the shiki attempted to adopt such lifestyle; again, it's (mostly) Sunako's fault, as she didn't introduce the idea to the newborns. (Though I'd expect some of the sharper ones to catch onto that themselves.)
Meanwhile humans truly did fight for the survival and nothing else, except that some (many) of them went kinda nuts in the process and were unncessarily cruel to the shiki, or even killed fellow humans.

I really love the guy who in the ep's end put the shiki out of their misery. As long as there's people like him, the humanity still has a hope.^^
Jan 1, 2020 3:04 PM

Jun 2019
littlecrisis said:
Wrong. Sunako didn't need to turn an (almost) entire village into shiki in order to survive; she only did it out of desire for companionship, which was incredibly selfish of her as she already had her own undead family anyways. What's more, the new shiki (who were innocent victims) needed to feed too, which would eventually lead to an ever increasing numbers of deaths. An unsustainable scenario.

She wanted an increasing number of deaths - That's the whole point: "The village is almost dead." - Sunako

And in addition, people from larger towns and cities who found themselves lost or meandering through backcountry roads in the vicinity were kidnapped and picked off as well. Eventually more surrounding communities would be targeted en masse. Sotoba was the prototype and was to be used as a base for outward expansion.

As I said in my post, any shiki or human character is charged with considering not only the survival of themselves as an individual person, but their species' collective survival. And survival goes far beyond the immediate sense of staving off impending attack/starvation. I'm talking about the long-term as well. Sunako could meet her immediate survival needs by killing slowly on an individual basis. She was interested in establishment of a project beyond herself - the creation and securing of a safe base for all shiki-kind deep in the mountains. She wanted to transform more of her surroundings to suit her, which is effectively what humans and all species do - reproduce and expand by any means available to them (whether hunting, parasitism, sex, asexual reproduction, animal husbandry, deforestation and colonization, etc.)

littlecrisis said:
Plus it was explicitly stated in the show that it takes about 4 feedings to kill a human host; so perhaps there were ways for shiki to exist without killing anyone and/or spreading the 'disease'. E. g. they could have moved to a city and drink from someone different every day. Yet none of the shiki attempted to adopt such lifestyle; again, it's (mostly) Sunako's fault, as she didn't introduce the idea to the newborns.

Just because something is theoretically physically possible it doesn't mean it's likely to be the first choice of a person or a species. Technically humans can survive without meat. It doesn't mean most will choose this. Many won't for reasons of diversifying the protein sources in their diet and daily intake, ease of access, and yes, comfort, convenience, and preference. No one needs to eat a bacon cheeseburger to survive. Yet it's done and on a mass scale without any second of pause for a trace of remorse or moral concern in the vast majority of people doing it.

Humans, at least in the developed world, consume diets that might not even be sustainable, nevermind to the environment, but themselves in the long-term (obesity, heart disease, artery clogging, cholesterol spiking, etc.), out of sheer whim and pleasure.

littlecrisis said:
Meanwhile humans truly did fight for the survival and nothing else, except that some (many) of them went kinda nuts in the process and were unncessarily cruel to the shiki, or even killed fellow humans.

I would say your line of argument in this post is the more common one I hear on the topic which is why I said so and referenced it in my post above, but ultimately, it's not like it's entirely wrong either. It's a question of perspective and I just strongly disagree for the reasons stated.

I don't think the human characters actually did anything wrong or illogical either. Killing, least of all intelligent humanoid creatures who can speak your language, is not an everyday occurrence for most people, so it's unrealistic to assume a conflict of this scale can be waged in such a clinical, dispassionate manner without affecting the psychology of those involved. Many were "cruel" because it's even more illogical and unfathomable to them to kill their former friends or neighbors or anyone at all for that matter in a calm and measured way. People on average have to psyche themselves up individually and collectively for this type of brutality and it's why the mental state of soldiers overseas, particularly in long protracted conflicts without clearly defined end goals, is usually adversely impacted. The humans here were just being human. They're not machines.

And real or perceived collaborators have basically always been targeted in every war ever. Since they were dealing with, however you see it, either biological or supernatural phenomena that the ordinary uneducated villager didn't understand to the extent of a medical professional like Dr. Ozaki did, it isn't like they understood clearly that the hypnosis effect from the bite on a medical level made their actions literally outside their control and them not responsible for them. They just saw the humans working with shiki (minus Muroi, Muroi Sr., and Seishirou the acting Kirishiki patriarch, who weren't under hypnosis) as traitors and traitors in wartime have always been handled in such a way back to the earliest days.

littlecrisis said:
I really love the guy who in the ep's end put the shiki out of their misery. As long as there's people like him, the humanity still has a hope.^^

Yes, but that's what's so wonderful about having a large cast in focus for this show - I prefer ideally two strong main characters, usually settle for accepting 3 - 5, and almost uniformly dislike large cast ensemble shows, but I've rarely seen a show where it works more perfectly than this. Every single villager whose actions and personality were spotlighted could conceivably be a real person I have no trouble at all believing exists. If you take a sample size of any random town like that you're going to have cruel people, merciful people, dumb people, intelligent people, socially awkward people, rebellious people, conformist people, and on and on.
WatchTillTandavaJan 1, 2020 3:11 PM
Jan 2, 2020 4:37 AM
Nov 2019

I'm aware of this, it's understandable that people crumble under pressure. But that doesn't mean it's RIGHT of them to do so. Under the circumstances their behaviour is forgiveable and I wouldn't call them monsters or anything of the sort; yet that doesn't mean it's suddenly okay for them to inflict unnecessary pain onto others, nor does it mean that I should approve of their behaviour. Would I behave like them if put in their shoes? Probably yes. But I'd also loathe myself for it (unless I'd have succumbed to insanity by then).

Frankly, I don't understand this comparison. For starters, meat can't regenerate/regrow itself; you cannot take it without killing (or at the very least mutilating) the animal. Blood, however, does regenerate. If a shiki surrounded themselves with a group of willing donors (could be their own family, hired people...), it would be a convenient, comfortable, safe and long-term solution, while the humans wouldn't suffer at all. The only reason why this arrangement might not appeal to some would be if the shiki wanted to KILL despite not needing to; and such shiki would be monsters. Humans, too, don't kill for the pleasure of killing (and those who do are monsters in my book) - they kill to eat (because, as I already said, meat sadly doesn't regrow itself), or to protect themselves and/or their property.

Yes, and we can probably both agree it's wrong. It's also highly reminiscent of the situation Sunako created, hence my belief her actions were wrong, too. It's wrong to mass produce meat and eat too much of it, and it's wrong to mass produce vampires and drink too much of the hosts. And in both scenarios, the newborns (new generations of people) are the victims, as they're not taught other, better ways by their ancestors.

Also, unlike humans who can consume varying amounts of meat (and potentially 'overeat', resulting in overabundant animal deaths), shiki require a very specific amount of blood every night (or at least there's no sign they drink more than what's necessary to sustain themselves). In other words, they can't or don't feel the urge to drain a (healthy adult) human in one go. So by asking them not to kill you wouldn't ask them to limit themselves; they wouldn't need to actively stop themselves in the midst of their meal or drink less than what they're used to. Literally nothing in their consumption would have to change, except that they'd switch between the hosts more frequently.

Security could have been achieved differently. Humans may fear things different from them, but humans are also greedy. If the shiki presented themselves as harmless (i. e. didn't attack, let alone kill people) and were willing to pay money to volunteering donors, don't you think the society might eventually accept them? They could stay with their mortal families; they could have their own jobs (and be valued for their supernatural abilities); they would basically become 'human' again. Sure, they would probably face discrimination and prejudice in the beginning, but as a species they'd live as comfortably as they never had before.

Agreed, Shiki's a great show. Won't stop me from ranting though. :)
Jan 2, 2020 11:55 PM

Jun 2019
littlecrisis said:
I'm aware of this, it's understandable that people crumble under pressure. But that doesn't mean it's RIGHT of them to do so. Under the circumstances their behaviour is forgiveable and I wouldn't call them monsters or anything of the sort; yet that doesn't mean it's suddenly okay for them to inflict unnecessary pain onto others, nor does it mean that I should approve of their behaviour. Would I behave like them if put in their shoes? Probably yes. But I'd also loathe myself for it (unless I'd have succumbed to insanity by then).

This is probably an area where we'd have to agree to disagree over what amounts to an ideological or philosophical difference. I don't really see "rightness" or "wrongness" in it or any sense in attributing it. I see it as human nature, and moralizing about human nature to me is ultimately as pointless as moralizing about an otter's nature. I think they acted perfectly logically. Yes, brutally, but nature is often brutal in its logic, and humans aren't magically somehow apart from nature more than any other creature.

littlecrisis said:
Frankly, I don't understand this comparison. For starters, meat can't regenerate/regrow itself; you cannot take it without killing (or at the very least mutilating) the animal. Blood, however, does regenerate. If a shiki surrounded themselves with a group of willing donors (could be their own family, hired people...), it would be a convenient, comfortable, safe and long-term solution, while the humans wouldn't suffer at all. The only reason why this arrangement might not appeal to some would be if the shiki wanted to KILL despite not needing to; and such shiki would be monsters. Humans, too, don't kill for the pleasure of killing (and those who do are monsters in my book) - they kill to eat (because, as I already said, meat sadly doesn't regrow itself), or to protect themselves and/or their property.

I made the comparison because to me it's rather moot whether meat could regenerate itself or not - Consumption of meat in and of itself isn't a necessity for life by any means. And it's not getting on some hypothetical vegetarian or vegan pedestal. I myself eat a wide variety of meats and relish them, but they're absolutely not necessary for survival. And even those in subsistence economies can source protein elsewhere with proper education. My mother is a person who would hardly ever eat meat - maybe hotdogs once or twice a year at barbecues, and not out of any principled ethical stance on vegetarianism or the meat industry or anything like that - she simply never cared much for the taste.

So I don't see the necessity of consuming blood for shiki contrasted with the choice of consuming meat for humans as itself a valid or equal comparison. One is survival and the other is comfort and luxury.

littlecrisis said:
Yes, and we can probably both agree it's wrong. It's also highly reminiscent of the situation Sunako created, hence my belief her actions were wrong, too. It's wrong to mass produce meat and eat too much of it, and it's wrong to mass produce vampires and drink too much of the hosts. And in both scenarios, the newborns (new generations of people) are the victims, as they're not taught other, better ways by their ancestors.

Also, unlike humans who can consume varying amounts of meat (and potentially 'overeat', resulting in overabundant animal deaths), shiki require a very specific amount of blood every night (or at least there's no sign they drink more than what's necessary to sustain themselves). In other words, they can't or don't feel the urge to drain a (healthy adult) human in one go. So by asking them not to kill you wouldn't ask them to limit themselves; they wouldn't need to actively stop themselves in the midst of their meal or drink less than what they're used to. Literally nothing in their consumption would have to change, except that they'd switch between the hosts more frequently.

But this doesn't address the problem surrounding what I said about species having often having a natural inclination and drive toward wanting to eradicate and displace competing populations - competing for land, prey, and other resources, as well as those posing a safety threat.

In my local area every January and February there is a hunt organized of deer by municipal government agencies contracting with local sharpshooters just to keep their numbers down because it's an inconvenience to humans. Most people approve of this either actively or tacitly. Everyone gets the info flyer in the mail announcing it and people support it with their votes and taxes paid. And one of the reasons they want to hunt deer and thin their numbers is because they run into the road and cause car accidents. And the reason they do that is because their habitat is being methodically dismantled by expansion of human settlements and human overpopulation and over-development. That and localized disappearance of their natural predator in the area, the gray wolf. And the gray wolf disappeared because humans settled the area in the first place and wanted a threat and nuisance driven out to the brink of either captivity or annihilation.

So because that's just one minor example from my home area and things like that are occurring every second of every day around the world, I don't find it unwise that shiki would want to cull a competitor species. Also remember that while humans were never shiki and don't have any subjective experience of what it's like, every single shiki was once a human, and since they're still humanoid - possessing a human body and speech at least - as well as memories of their former human lives, to me it's quite sensible why they would still be driven by human-like ambitions.

Sunako's project saw devastation but in the end she gained a sympathetic ear and hand she so longed for.

littlecrisis said:
Security could have been achieved differently. Humans may fear things different from them, but humans are also greedy. If the shiki presented themselves as harmless (i. e. didn't attack, let alone kill people) and were willing to pay money to volunteering donors, don't you think the society might eventually accept them? They could stay with their mortal families; they could have their own jobs (and be valued for their supernatural abilities); they would basically become 'human' again. Sure, they would probably face discrimination and prejudice in the beginning, but as a species they'd live as comfortably as they never had before.

This is asking for a level of trust and acceptance that we never see either humans or any other species demonstrate toward other species. Sunako is in a biologically child's body, but is assumed to have lived over 100+ years. She wandered the Earth (or at least, Japan) in search of acceptance or a place simply not to feel under 24/7 threat of discovery and extermination. So I'm sure in such a storied life it hasn't gone unconsidered.

littlecrisis said:
Agreed, Shiki's a great show. Won't stop me from ranting though. :)

I take great enjoyment in discussions. Many questions don't have objective answers though as they come down to interpretation and a profound difference in personal views and convictions.

WatchTillTandavaJan 2, 2020 11:59 PM
Oct 12, 2020 7:28 PM

Nov 2008
Lol @ people saying 'Who are the real monsters here?"

IT'S STILL THE SHIKI, PEOPLE.

Let's look at the facts:

Sotoba humans: quietly living in their little town, minding their own business.

Invading shiki familyi: *decide to murder the entire town to create a 'safe space of convenient living'

Humans: *kill shiki and people who they think are hiding the shiki*

Audience: OH NO, THE HUMANS ARE THE REAL MONSTERS.

Really? Use your damn brain. xD You'd do the same freaking thing.

actually, I'd make a run for it; I don't like gore and shiki bites don't sound fun. I'd have run as soon as more than 10 people in my village died in two weeks. That is not normal.

Jun 20, 2021 5:48 PM

Jan 2020
An OVA mostly about Nao, who seems just like a regular villager...

That ass grab though, she scratched the police's ass till it bleeds.....

I wonder if vampire still has a libido...
Dec 11, 2021 2:20 PM

Mar 2019
At least we got to see how Nao died. I just don't buy her dumb reasoning, she definitely didn't feel anything when she killed them, especially her mother.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 17, 2021 4:50 PM

Apr 2015
A heavy episode, Nao sticked to being just awful and horrible, her death was very long overdue
and for god sake, humans didn't turn on each other (not yet), no idea why this get said every single episode of this arc.
Jan 25, 2022 11:16 AM

Oct 2017
not only she grabbed & scratched that cop's ass but also started to punch them lol
Jul 15, 2023 4:50 AM
Aug 2018
Alex_TheForest said:
At least we got to see how Nao died. I just don't buy her dumb reasoning, she definitely didn't feel anything when she killed them, especially her mother.

If you watched the series properly you can see that all the people she killed in her family, she did it because she thought they'd rise up, but when nobody rose up you could see that she was "dead" inside and was guilt stricken that she actually ended killing(them not rising up) them
Jul 17, 2023 12:25 AM
Aug 2018
Ok wow , it was so goooood to see that there's atleast some village people that have not gone crazy mentally, the last guy breaking down and Killing them instead of see them suffer the best guy!
Sep 10, 2023 9:14 AM

Nov 2010
It's really annoying that the Shikis suddenly can't put up a fight against normal humans. Also, it's still nighttime, and they are in a dark place. They should've been able to repel that attack with no problem. How hard is it to take a weapon and arm themselves? Not to mention, they heal faster than humans. They should've won!
Dec 9, 2023 2:34 PM

Jul 2016
Very good episode. Probably one of the best ones in the show so it's kinda weird it was separated from the main series.
Really liked the detail of the villagers singing while massacring the Shiki, by the way.

Only complaint would be the fact of these Shiki getting conveniently nerfed but well.
May 1, 5:20 PM

May 2021
Kinda expected something in the future from the special not just another part of the slaughter
Inhales oxygen
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 9 new specials called Seishin`s Reminiscence?

astra_moon - Oct 8, 2020

4 by Mainak007 »»
May 16, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Shiki Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 2, 2011

122 by SouthRzVa »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:16 PM

» Shiki Specials Discussion ( 1 2 )

Memphi - Dec 30, 2010

53 by hacker09 »»
Oct 5, 2020 9:54 AM

» Where do these fit?

ronri - Jun 28, 2012

4 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 18, 2015 3:30 AM

» shiki Original Soundtrack Mini Album Blanc

toons - May 28, 2011

2 by Valentiln »»
Jun 14, 2011 12:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.