Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 2, 2011 7:29 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Blue short woman... is she never appear in the main story? She's afraid of dangers from strangers, and got blamed for suggesting old man to see doctor and died. This episode mainly follows that woman seeing her family dead one by one.

Wow, she's like in the background when everything's gone and became crazy!

At lease the doctor (one of main characters) appeared.
tsubasaloverJul 2, 2011 7:37 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 2, 2011 8:49 PM

Dec 2010
She doesn't have a main role, but she gets a chapter like this in the manga.
Jul 2, 2011 9:12 PM
Dec 2010
maeda motoko one of my favorite characters of the shiki story

a meek housewife who degenrates into a psycopath after watching her family die one by one (and the character who holds the most sympathy for me) and becomes a deadly force of destruction that consumes all

she is in various episodes

did they keep the scene where she kneels in front of the castle and says
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shiki/v07/c024/13.html
Jul 6, 2011 4:51 AM

Jul 2008
So we won't get to see Natsuno save his friends?
Jul 10, 2011 12:41 AM

Jun 2010
Sadly but no. Other than Kaori and her brother, Natsuno has no interest in saving anyone else. He dislikes the villagers, as he has said that he does not relate to either humans or shiki, and merely coexists with Ozaki, due to shared interest in eliminating the shiki.

Considering his fathe'sr cameo in the anime's end and his help to Natsuno defeating Tatsumi in the manga, Natsuno probably also helped his father survive and endure the extermination in the village.
Jul 10, 2011 1:40 AM

Dec 2009
Is it subbed?
Jul 13, 2011 8:28 PM
Feb 2011
shadowii said:
maeda motoko one of my favorite characters of the shiki story

a meek housewife who degenrates into a psycopath after watching her family die one by one (and the character who holds the most sympathy for me) and becomes a deadly force of destruction that consumes all

she is in various episodes

did they keep the scene where she kneels in front of the castle and says
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shiki/v07/c024/13.html

Motoko is one of my favourite characters too. My favourite chapters of the manga are the Motoko ones, so I'm so happy this special is about her.
She's probably the most violent of all the humans in the series tbh LOL even though she's not in it heaps.

She's in about 2 scenes of the main anime, I think. Just a shot of her and her dead kids.

@J_Electronica: it's not subbed yet. I think it only came out recently.
Jul 15, 2011 12:04 AM

Jun 2008
Motoko was really crazy. Then again, I really love how this series shows the madness of humans. Not only vampires can go mad, humans can as much ~

Actually, I kinda had hoped it would be about the aftermath of the fire. Then again, I guess this is enough suffocate, since the anime didn't had the time to cover her and fire.

Now I need to read the mange for what things I've missed *___*
Jul 15, 2011 11:02 AM
Dec 2010
^
I think she had pretty good reason for going insane

anyway i was annoyed when they left out motoko's story in the anime but now it makes sense as they basically went back to the beginning and retold the story from a side character view of it rather then a "main" character

farewell my dear firestarter (they really should have shown what actually happened to her father in law in the manga they do)
shadowiiJul 15, 2011 11:13 AM
Jul 15, 2011 1:59 PM

Jun 2008
shadowii said:
^
I think she had pretty good reason for going insane

Well, I pretty much can understand why she ended up like the way she did. She's awesome in way though :'D
Jul 19, 2011 11:06 AM

Apr 2008
This was ugly. Very very much ugly. Ugh.
Manga version was not quite as awful as this and what was, did not seem as ugly in black white.
Jul 24, 2011 8:17 PM

Aug 2008
Kuso jiji.

I really liked the transformation from worried mom to insane broken woman. I have to say though, her kid sitting in her lap decomposing was a bit... well, creepy.
Jul 25, 2011 2:53 AM

May 2010
Well, I think they got the intensity levels up there pretty good...
Jul 25, 2011 3:58 AM

Jan 2009
Oh, humans. People breaking down ain't all that unusual in this day and age, but breaking down as much as they do here sure is quite an interesting watch.
Not quite as intense as 20.5, but yeah, still pretty neat.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 25, 2011 9:14 AM

Aug 2010
that was actually quite epic except i thought that after a while the peops who got bitten once or twice (in this case her son) could come back as human beings after a while if the shiki stopped feeding from them; how come she just let him rot like that ._.;
so the mysterious fire was cuz of her =I i didnt like how motoko told the peops about kanami's mom though =_= what did she ever do to you D:
the end when she started getting burned in the fire scared the freak out of me O_O
Jul 25, 2011 9:57 AM

Oct 2010
hmm not really what i expected but still really interensting.
huh?
Jul 25, 2011 10:38 AM

Jun 2008
im very disappointed. It was suppose to show Natsuno saving Kaori like in the manga T_T

Anyway, still, it was a good ep.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 25, 2011 11:34 AM

Sep 2009
GarLogan78 said:
So we won't get to see Natsuno save his friends?

Exactly what I was hoping from at least one of the episodes of the Special.

Derp, I guess it wasn't bad. It was interesting to see the perspectives of some of the characters who only really had a cameo. Guess I'll have to look into the manga later.
Jul 25, 2011 1:00 PM

Jul 2008
I am mainly pissed that Mototko screwed over Kanami. I thought it was kind of sweet how Kanami was willing to help her mom any way she could, and how the mom didn't want to become a monster (and how she didn't succumb to her urges like everyone else).

And GROSS when the kid decomposed in her arms lol.

The only disappointment I have is that I really wanted to see Natsuno saving Akira and Kaori. But oh well.
Jul 25, 2011 2:13 PM

Jun 2008
Great episode, don't get me wrong, but I was really hoping it would explain how Akira survived
BUT WHATEVER
it's okay because I was wondering what the origin of the fire was, anyway
Jul 25, 2011 2:19 PM

Sep 2009
Now that was very intense and it was more than I expected. Motoko's son decomposing like that in her arms was scary.
Her going insane was neatly done and I am guessing she was not in a position to rationally analyze anything laid out in front of her. So her 'screwed over Kanami' is acceptable but none the less frustrating.

Oh, the animation was epic.
I still hoped to see Natsuno though.
Jul 25, 2011 3:38 PM

Mar 2008
What did I think ? I think if any sane person can endure all that and not go insane they were probably not right to begin with . The fact that she did go psycho after all that just proves how fragile and delicate the human mind really is. BTW great ep. love how they brought us right back to the beginning.Can't wait to start on the Manga :)
@PrinceJuicifer@ \(~.~)/
Jul 25, 2011 4:19 PM

Jul 2010
Ew! Motoko is insane! Staying hidden in her house and her son is dead.
Jul 25, 2011 6:39 PM

Dec 2010
Mokoto's gone crazy, they depicted this really well.
It was gross how her son already died and his hair was 'melting' away.
This episode was pretty intense, my eyes were glued on my screen all the way through.
Jul 25, 2011 7:50 PM

Jul 2009
this left a bad taste taste in my month, and even the series itself didnt do that.
she was just too hysteric, too unbelievable in my eyes. she was just way too over the top.
the only redeeming aspect of this episode was the red haired lady, who was fine if i may add, and at least at least the sight of her didnt make me cringe.
Jul 25, 2011 9:27 PM

Aug 2007
Not a bad episode. Do enjoy all the events she had to go through. Kinda odd people are that suspicious of doctor's when they are trying to help you. I guess that's just how it is when you got a somewhat epidemnic going around.
Jul 25, 2011 11:57 PM

Nov 2008
So that's how that damn fire started...I remember seeing this chick with her son in the tub...it was weird when he melted
I liked how we got to see things that were going on behind the scenes and not directly entwined with the main character...I WANT MORE SHIKI!!!

Was that Muroi's dad they showed when she was walking to start the fire, the one with the beard??...even if not can someone answer cause i'm still confused from the series why his dad even went to them on his own
Jul 26, 2011 12:49 AM

Sep 2010
Damn. Good episode.
Jul 26, 2011 4:35 AM

Jul 2009
I'm having goosebumps all over xD
Quite a good episode.
~by baba <3
Jul 26, 2011 9:52 AM

May 2010
I expected something more but I guess that will do.

Decomposing body of Motoko's son made me squirmed a bit.

Not as great as the previous but still interesting for me. Shiki, you'll be remembered..
Jul 26, 2011 1:59 PM

Mar 2009
And that essentially is the final Shiki episode. Siiiiiiiiiiigh....

I have only this to say: Best Vampire show ever.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 26, 2011 4:49 PM

Aug 2007
Wow - the OVA episodes are really intense. I loved it even more than the first one. 5/5

Btw someone has to change the MAL infos about the episodes since there was a preview for the next one at the end of OVA 2.
Jul 26, 2011 5:22 PM

Dec 2009
Damn...now it's really over ... really going to miss this anime ... TwT
I kind of pity and hate Maeda at the same time ... she did go trough a lot ... but betraying her friend like that ...
Kanami and her mom are the proof that the shiki and the villagers could have coexisted after all ... if any of the sides cared to listen the other one ...
Jul 26, 2011 9:20 PM

Sep 2008
I'm pretty sure the whole point of this episode was to show off that Ozaki was a total badass, dodging that backhand from that bitch.
Other than that, Moto-chan sure was creepy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2011 10:44 PM

Nov 2010
melting kid = EWWWWWW

but it was nice to see an example of a human and shiki trying to coexist
Jul 27, 2011 1:31 AM

Jan 2009
Gladius said:
Btw someone has to change the MAL infos about the episodes since there was a preview for the next one at the end of OVA 2.
Wasn't that the preview for ep22 though?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 27, 2011 5:42 AM
Dec 2010
Karasuchan said:
Damn...now it's really over ... really going to miss this anime ... TwT
I kind of pity and hate Maeda at the same time ... she did go trough a lot ... but betraying her friend like that ...
Kanami and her mom are the proof that the shiki and the villagers could have coexisted after all ... if any of the sides cared to listen the other one ...

also the proof of the kirishiki's guilt. Kanami's mom only got that far because she woke up while her guards were lazing around and so wasnt thrown in a cage and gradually trained to kill people like the rest were
Jul 27, 2011 8:57 AM
Nov 2008
Wow, that was a fantastic decent into madness. The specials did a fantastic job of filling the gaps. However, I wish there was a 22.5. The ending of the series kinda left me unsatisfied, and I still feel like there was a lot that could have been said.
Jul 27, 2011 11:27 AM
Dec 2010
Thalandor46 said:
Wow, that was a fantastic decent into madness. The specials did a fantastic job of filling the gaps. However, I wish there was a 22.5. The ending of the series kinda left me unsatisfied, and I still feel like there was a lot that could have been said.

read the last chapter of the manga for a short epilogue
Jul 27, 2011 9:25 PM

Nov 2010
so depressing yet so good. not as good as the first special but still loved it. fuck we need more horror anime like this.
Jul 27, 2011 10:41 PM

Jan 2008
Next episode? Meaning it's not just 2 ep OVA? Anyone got the detail how many episodes this OVA exactly? Or, probably the next episode refers to episode 22?
Jul 28, 2011 12:34 AM

Dec 2009
It is 2 ep OVA. These are unaired episodes 21.5 and 20.5.

I finally found it subbed. This episode was quite good.
Jul 28, 2011 3:53 PM

Feb 2009
Fuzzhx said:
so depressing yet so good. not as good as the first special but still loved it. fuck we need more horror anime like this.

This.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jul 31, 2011 6:22 AM

May 2009
The anime did a wonderful job bringing this side story alive. The son's head decomposing like that made my jaw drop.

Amazing show overall - it's scary how people (vampires and humans alike) are willing to do anything to survive. Not that I'm blaming them, because as ugly and horrifying as their descent into madness is, the rest of us would probably act the same way in that situation.
Jul 31, 2011 2:30 PM

Jul 2010
lol.

Jul 31, 2011 2:31 PM

Jul 2010
Athena said:
The anime did a wonderful job bringing this side story alive. The son's head decomposing like that made my jaw drop.

Amazing show overall - it's scary how people (vampires and humans alike) are willing to do anything to survive. Not that I'm blaming them, because as ugly and horrifying as their descent into madness is, the rest of us would probably act the same way in that situation.
This.

Aug 1, 2011 6:19 PM

Mar 2010
Omg she was fucking insane!! I'm wondering, did her son die from the bite, or from being malnourished? I believe it's the latter but I'm unsure...

Aug 3, 2011 10:44 AM
Dec 2010
Fishcaek-Chan said:
Omg she was fucking insane!! I'm wondering, did her son die from the bite, or from being malnourished? I believe it's the latter but I'm unsure...

Former i believe (the grandpa probably came in during the night and bit him similar to how megumi bit tohru)
Aug 3, 2011 5:00 PM

Feb 2009
When that mother-in-law slapped the blue-haired mom, her husband just stood in awe while the doctor stretched out his arm to protect her !!

The moment Motoko hugged her children was ... can't find a word to fill in,, Umm heartwarming? And what we saw next was her daughter getting sick. So contrasty.
And the motherly love drove her to run with bare feet

Though, it was so strange that the Shiki left her unharmed since the household was almost wiped out.

I felt sorry for Kanami and her mother, if Motoko didn't say a thing, they could have... but at that time Motoko'd already been out of her mind ever since the death of Shiori, so I really don't know if I could blame her for it ( furthermore she'd been living under a rock and knew nothing about Shiki )

At the end of the ep, she was freakily scary and totally crazy :(

Oh anyway, it's still good to know that the hunting team'd spared Kanami despite her harboring a Shiki. Because if I remember well, some human got killed by the charge.
AidanKieranAug 3, 2011 5:31 PM
Aug 3, 2011 5:51 PM

Feb 2009
Lieila said:
Next episode? Meaning it's not just 2 ep OVA? Anyone got the detail how many episodes this OVA exactly? Or, probably the next episode refers to episode 22?

I was going to ask the similar thing, you do have some point here.
'Cause in ep 20.5, the preview did show something relating the main story timeline with no new animated scenes, the monk blabbering about his lolita complex towards Sunako.

It must be so, right?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

143 by SouthRzVa »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:34 PM

» 9 new specials called Seishin`s Reminiscence?

astra_moon - Oct 8, 2020

3 by frack »»
Oct 29, 2020 4:19 PM

» Shiki Specials Discussion ( 1 2 )

Memphi - Dec 30, 2010

53 by hacker09 »»
Oct 5, 2020 9:54 AM

» Where do these fit?

ronri - Jun 28, 2012

4 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 18, 2015 3:30 AM

» shiki Original Soundtrack Mini Album Blanc

toons - May 28, 2011

2 by Valentiln »»
Jun 14, 2011 12:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.