Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 23, 2021 7:07 AM

Aug 2019
Despite the flaws and holes of the anime i still enjoyed quite a bit, it's a fine end with questions left unanswered, a sequel would be nice.

5/10
Mar 23, 2021 11:47 AM
Jul 2017
I really enjoyed this series and the characters, but this ending felt a little underwhelming. The end character moment between Toriko and Sorao was cute, but I side with the LN readers who think the soldiers should have been resolved in the original order. I suppose I'll have to grab the translated LN to see the rest of the story.

Also I wish cat ninjas on the hate-watchers ;)
Mar 23, 2021 12:13 PM

Apr 2017
I wish we got more hard-hitting stuff out of this story. More interactions with the Otherside, more investigating on the creatures there. At one point they start identifying the creatures as urban legends from the normal world and then...they just leave it at that. No wondering about why this is going on, it's like the show is Sorao and Toriko hanging out flirting and oh there are some monsters here sometimes too.

Kozakura as a character felt bland to me. It's like they tried to make her seem more mature than her years while simultaneously making her more childish. It doesn't work. And the other girl...I don't even remember her name, that's how unremarkable she was to me.

However, I did enjoy the ending of this episode, it was sweet.

If this anime gets a second season, I hope it has better pacing.

7/10
Mar 23, 2021 2:34 PM

Oct 2018
The soldiers arc was by far the most enjoyable part of the whole adaptation, depite their goofy voices (or thanks to?). Seems like in the end the anime really was just an advert for the source material, I can't imagine many people even remembering it in a couple months.
Mar 23, 2021 2:40 PM
Dec 2020
They don't kiss? Homo phobic 6/10
Mar 23, 2021 4:05 PM

Jan 2014
Pretty eeeeh ending honestly.

I liked this series at first, but it all changed at the half way point when Toriko and Sorao just became unbearable. Even in this episode, they really showed why I'm not fond of them lol. Like I get there are people like this in the world, I understand that. But the way it was handled, and what happened. It just made me feel like both of them were just massive unlikable cunts lol. But that's just me.

Started off good, hit a bump in middle, OK finish for me.
Mar 23, 2021 7:46 PM

Jul 2017
A journey through the mysterious parallel world called Otherside.

Felt like an episodic show where each episode showcased a different urban legend. It was okay, bearable to watch for sure. The relationship and chemistry between Sorao and Toriko carried this show in the back. One thing i loved was the character design, Toriko and Kozakura were just beautiful!

6/10, fair score for me, time well spent ngl
WaterLordMar 24, 2021 5:24 PM
Mar 24, 2021 7:55 AM

Jan 2008
Well it was a nice enough anime. Had some good spooky moments and the art style of the most part was pretty.

Let down by some obvious plot errors and disorganised episodes.

Definitely needs a clean up to fix the order of events to make it a lot less jarring.

I started it with a score of 7/10. Finished it with a score of 6/10. Came close to a 5/10
Mar 24, 2021 10:00 AM

Jun 2007
well what can I say. it wasn't great and I didn't like any characters aside from Akari, also there was no shoujo ai whatsoever (one girl crushes on another one-sidedly is not shoujo ai in my book), but I liked the Other side so much, gonna miss this
see you, space cowperson . . .
Mar 24, 2021 12:28 PM

Apr 2018
Yesss, they rescued the Marines from that hellish of a place. I think it was a pretty good place to end it off. They were so cute together at the end. 8/10 Was a pretty good watch.
Mar 24, 2021 3:15 PM

Feb 2012
It took them all this time to use A-1 (poor Kozakura).

More of a set-up season than one that can stand on its own. Will they continue the plot thread of Sorawo resembling Hasshaku-sama?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 24, 2021 10:10 PM

Jul 2016
Though hearing the soldiers say "za gars" nonstop made me cringe like there was no tomorrow, I think this was a somewhat decent finale featuring also some pretty sweet interactions between Sorawo and Toriko at the end.

Leaving that aside... yeah, this was a pretty bad show. Besides some sequences where the eerie atmosphere was handled quite well, most of the episodes were extremely boring and the fact of having such poor production values to accompany them only made the overall experience feel less and less enjoyable for me.
Not to mention there were also some pretty notorious continuity issues between episodes. Issues that led to lot of plot holes in the narrative due to the directives' lack of attention/interest in the project.

3/10 - All in all, a pretty lazy adaptation, I must say.
Mar 25, 2021 12:22 AM

Jan 2021
Uncreativee said:
They don't kiss? Homo phobic 6/10
Lol, but yeah, it was tagged as a shojo ai, and we didn't quite get that. We got two girls who have some kind of close bond exploring and fighting monsters in a beautiful, confusing, and dangerous world. I wonder what the romance is like in the light novel. Since this adaptation didn't do so hot, I can't rely on a season 2, a so, I'd like to try reading the light novel.
Ryuk is somewhat relatable

Mar 26, 2021 9:58 PM

Mar 2009
When I first started watching this, people said it was a yuri. Are we sure about that? Their relationship barely progressed further than friendship. Are they closer in the novels?

Show was worth it for the creepy atmosphere and music.
Mar 26, 2021 10:02 PM

Feb 2014
Hm, I confess this show had some (nice) creepy moments, I was not expecting that.

At the same time, it felt rushed some times? And some times kinda of confusing? I have this feeling they don´t bother to explain what is going on and how things works. They just happen, magically hehe~

Well, it had potential to be better, sincerely. But I ended up enjoyable in general.

7/10 (would give 6.5/10 if possible).

----

EXTRA: Sorawo eye color would not change to blue when it should be blue. There were many times she used her eye´s power and it didn´t change to blue. It was as if they (the studio) forgot to change the color xD Then there were also times they forgot to change back to normal the color. LoL
TechOtakuMar 26, 2021 10:17 PM
Mar 27, 2021 10:01 AM

Mar 2018
Pretty decent ending, not sure why they didn't go back with the military though, maybe I'm just dumb. The ED was also really good.

It was pretty enjoyable despite the many faults it had. 8/10
Mar 28, 2021 8:21 AM

Mar 2012
Hope it gets a second season
Mar 30, 2021 4:38 AM
Dec 2019
i feel like these got better as they went. It's like going from hating all the CG in it to not minding it. I thought it was a bad adaptation, but now I think it's alright. Could have been the yuri, could have been the quality, but as a stand-alone, this is pretty decent. as a source reader im very satisfied. not like anyone cares about my opinion anyway
Mar 31, 2021 12:22 AM

Dec 2016
It was a nice ride but there are still many things untold so it felt really incomplete. They still didn't find any clue about Satsuki. It would be nice if it gets a second season to finish the Satsuki arc. I don't care if it takes a decade for a second season.

The fight with Kankandara felt really bland compared to all the other fights in the previous episodes. This fight wasn't that thrilling. I wish they made it more longer, dangerous and creepy.

I don't know what to rate it. I want to give it 7 but it feels too high but 6 feels too low. Don't wanna think so much so I'll just give it 7/10. It really had some creepy moments, especially that fat woman banging the door at Kozakura's place, that was the best episode.
Rickydory123Mar 31, 2021 12:31 AM
Mar 31, 2021 1:01 AM

Mar 2008
DragonKnightGX said:
Why half the people here giving it negative ratings? It's a great show

Lots of people on MAL are dumb and score really weird. I'm gonna call it just decent. It was alright. Not terrible, not great. Started it due to the yuri vibes initially after seeing some reviews. Kinda got a bit baited, but there was enough to keep me satisfied I suppose.
Apr 2, 2021 6:23 PM

Aug 2018
Pretty good overall, I feel like it was just the introduction of the whole story, as so far many many questions remain unanswered.

But I enjoyed it, the universe itself seemed very interesting and caught my curiosity. However the only weak point I could draw : I didn't really understand the idea of bringing IRL events (Nattsu's curse for example), while focusing on the Otherside.

7/10, would enjoy watching another season.
Apr 2, 2021 6:53 PM
Jun 2016
Best new anime of the season by a mile.
Apr 10, 2021 11:03 AM

Apr 2015
A worse version of certain other shows. This did have a knack of producing some nice atmospheric scenes scattered here and there but that was more or less all. Everything was just confused and none of the characters seemed to mesh together with us or among themselves. Episodes like the first one where the atmosphere could carry the weak plot and characters were decent but none of the other episodes were particularly enjoyable.

Other complaints:
Production values left much to be desired.
The OP was super annoying.
The whole US Army shit was really tacky and it was really hard to take it seriously.

3/10 maybe.
Apr 10, 2021 3:28 PM

Mar 2010
I hope there will be a season two qwq

Apr 11, 2021 12:43 PM

Aug 2015
Not the worst show I've ever watched.

I loved the mysterious aspect of it all.

#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jun 27, 2021 9:11 PM

Oct 2009
Overall, show is okay but glad I watched it. The finale is nice enough and liked the whole military for brief moments but not bad, at all.
Jul 4, 2021 5:15 AM
Mar 2021
I was just happy that they were able to safely rescue the trapped American soldiers. I nearly thought they would just left them alone there on the Other Side. Also, a lot of mysteries still remains unsolved on the anime like "where is Satsuki and what role does she play on Toriko's life?"Why is the latter so hellbent on finding Satsuki?Does Satsuki knew something about the foreign world that both are oblivious about?" Toriko's character is interesting and at the same time very enigmatic. The same can be described to Sorao. I can relate with Sorao's character. She seems the type of person that prefers to be alone like me. If it's not Toriko, I'm pretty sure she'll just abandon anyone since she seemed to hate the idea of carrying someone's baggage.

I hope there would be another season tho. Anyway, I'm a very simple person. So long as the plot and characters interests me with no unnecessary fan services and harem. I'll give it a go. The fact that it's yuri didn't even bother me.I think it's pretty cool. These awesome girls are real badasses. I recently read mangas with GL genre and I'm so scared I'll get addicted to it as much as BL does to me 😂 I like the anime sm 🥰Too bad, it ended already😫

Does anyone know what chapter should I start from the manga henceforth?
Jul 4, 2021 5:25 AM
Nov 2019
It would have been better if they hadn't messed around with the sequences of the episodes.

The Beach episode should have occurred after they rescued the marines as that introduced some continuity errors that then rippled into other episodes.

1) guns / no guns
2) hat / no hat
Jul 13, 2021 6:39 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty satisfying ending.

Overall, this was a thrilling, creepy and hilarious show. Much different and better than I expected. Sorawo and Toriko are such a sweet pair. <3

I wouldn't mind a second season.

Those pout faces. :3

SerafosDec 22, 2023 10:36 AM
Aug 3, 2021 2:39 AM

Jul 2015
Wait whats the point of staying behind if they were going to leave like the soldiers anyway.
Decent series with the interesting Otherside and did a good job with the suspense/creepiness but plot's inconcistency is disappointing and I got a bit annoyed by some dumb actions taken.

Aug 30, 2021 6:49 PM

Feb 2017
not spooky enough tbh; the best thing i got out of this was learning more about some urban legends, then googling them to read them because the anime didnt explain enough about them to spook me. not bad overall but i was definitely expecting more

placeholder text
Oct 21, 2021 10:58 AM

May 2015
Unless they're going to make a 2nd season then that was a disappointing ending. The final episode and no Satsuki? REALLY?
Dec 1, 2021 3:54 AM

Dec 2020
So besides the last half of this ep. Episode 7? The beach episode where the hat got destroyed, should of been the last episode. I guess it would of been not as climatic to end on a beach episode but the continuity of the show wouldn't have bothered me as much then if it was in order.

I enjoyed it though. Cgi was whatever cause it was usually shown quickly or in far panned shots. Best part is Kozakura with her lil raccoon.
Dec 16, 2021 2:53 PM

Oct 2017
KANLen09 said:
Finishing the remains of Arc 5: saving the U.S. Marines.

Kankandara, what a fearful monster for a final boss to take down, both itself and the Torii connections. A hard-fought battle won and both Sorawo and Toriko are hailed as heroes "The Girls". The rescue mission completed with zero casualties, and with that the Otherside duties are pretty much done.

Heh, the secret that both Sorawo and Toriko know of the scaredy cat Kozakura, a well-kept one if I say so myself. All that's left is to send things back to whence they came from, as such with the AP-1 agricultural motorike, glance through the Otherside lands and reflect about their chemistry so far. May this creepypasta journey never end for two lone souls who met together through sheer fate.

Pretty good and exhilarating finale for a closing point. Good, but not great.

@Ashhk I'm guessing what you're saying is referring to the novel/manga's timeline. Not to worry, most arcs' stories are self-contained, it's just the transitions from arc to arc that kinda throws people off.

Ddin't they say in the previous episode that people didn't make it because they went insane or something? Pretty sure that means they had some causalities and losses since then

the other thing is with that ap agriculture whatever, what the hell did you buy and bring farming equipment there for? It's legit cheaper to buy a used car or bike or anything other than a three wheel farming lawmower whatever.

The last big issue, why the hell did that army jeep thing have a damn claw on it? The hell was that about? I've never in a million years seen anything with that attachment, it looked like it was meant for hitting trees or something but made no sense why they had it and had to use it to break the crystal mirror beams inside the final monster, they literally could of used a million other things, a wrecking ball or ballistic tank with one of them door knocken down iron ram heads or something.

I'd take the time to clean up my wording, but they didn't clean up their story so thats about as accurate as im gonna get with my descriptions lol, questions and complaints lol

Otherwise 7/10 super fun story, really enjoyed it, didn't even care about the plotholes because the characters are likeable and even those ending credit scenes are funny to, but yeahhhh, some of it was a little dorky and too little thought out, coulda did some rule of cool stuff to improve it but whatevs still a 7/10 and fun to watch.
Dec 25, 2021 4:28 AM

Nov 2019
I watched for the picnic isekai, I stayed for the soldiers and agriculture.

The ending did feel kind of inconclusive like finding Uruma Satsuki or wrapping my head around how they're going to deal with the supernatural phenomenon in the otherside unless my 2 braincells missed that part.

But I guess, 2 girls practicing their agriculture in another world could be considered a picnic. Happy endings I'm glad they didn't go full yuri romance with this one
Jan 6, 2022 2:59 PM

Mar 2017
I think this could’ve been a brilliant anime if it had been put together better… it just felt like it had no coherent plot & never really fleshed out the characters. I also think this would’ve worked better if the horror & mystery aspects were played up more.

It had A LOT of potential though so I’ll definitely be checking out the manga/novel!
Apr 24, 2022 9:18 PM
Feb 2021
Dear god this wasn't a great adaptation but it was a good adaptation, a great show, and a fantastic series overall. It grew on me a lot. And the OP was marvelous. I...hope it gets a second season once the books are done but I'm not holding my breath, I'm happy with what we have.
Jun 4, 2023 2:50 AM

Dec 2022
Wish there was more explaining to the Otherside and if they are even interested in each other on an intimate heartfelt level. Creepy show but good.
Sep 5, 2023 6:00 AM

Jun 2019
My 237th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2021

70 by wildhood »»
Apr 16, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2021

87 by EinTheVariance »»
Sep 14, 2023 9:21 AM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2021

88 by EinTheVariance »»
Sep 13, 2023 4:52 PM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 4, 2021

213 by GrandMarquis »»
Sep 1, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2021

72 by Ayonimarui »»
Jul 24, 2023 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.