Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 16, 2021 10:23 PM

Nov 2014
AvihayAnimes said:
This is just bullshit lol...
Why the hell the lions just don't eat this weak ass dear.
Whatever...
Cause society doesn't work that way. Louis is much more valuable to them alive than dead. It should be explained in the next episode.
Jan 17, 2021 12:15 AM

Aug 2012
ttcchen said:
AvihayAnimes said:
Whatever...
Cause society doesn't work that way. Louis is much more valuable to them alive than dead. It should be explained in the next episode.

They are animals. with animal instincts.
Jan 17, 2021 12:19 AM

Nov 2014
AvihayAnimes said:
ttcchen said:

Yet they're anthropomorphic animals living like humans and behaving like humans. You can't apply NORMAL animal logic and standards to them.
Jan 17, 2021 12:24 AM

Aug 2012
ttcchen said:
AvihayAnimes said:

Yet they're anthropomorphic animals living like humans and behaving like humans. You can't apply NORMAL animal logic and standards to them.

You can't apply NORMAL human logic and standards to them.
Jan 17, 2021 2:29 AM

Apr 2020
Snake Jotaro a weird dude lol snake jotaro.

Yoooo Luis is such a badass I can't wait to see what he has in mind cause I honestly can't understand a word he is saying lol.

The animation in this show is trully so beautifully done, good job orange.

Also that ED was so good though I don't quite get what's happening in it with my current knowledge. I hope we get more clues about what's going on in the episodes to come.

Super excited for next week as always!
iLuvPunsJan 17, 2021 2:32 AM
Jan 17, 2021 2:34 AM

Feb 2014
Damn Louis just descended further into darkness. While Legosi is climbing up the limelight. Truly their places have changed.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 17, 2021 2:38 AM

Apr 2014
I cant stand to look at snakes, even its on animation and on screen. So during the whole dialog I just averted my eyes off it. It was Orochimaru right? Right?

Other than that, everything is as expected on Beastars. I love the show.
Jan 17, 2021 2:50 AM

Feb 2008
And of course the snake guy had to voiced by Kujira.
Jan 17, 2021 2:52 AM

Jun 2020
Beastars is honestly one of the best sequels airing this season and it gets the lowest score of all , such a shame it's even below the much inferior sequel of the promised neverland
Jan 17, 2021 3:08 AM
Feb 2019
AvihayAnimes said:
Whatever...

Those lions can do it if they want sure, maybe they haven't done it yet because they figured out they can get more money with Louis around. Those lions are stronger but maybe they don't have what it takes to produce money, they are not the "boss" type, they are probably just underlings, Louis however is the "boss" type.
Resus-2Jan 17, 2021 3:13 AM
Jan 17, 2021 3:22 AM

May 2018
Beastars is back and and killing it so far!

Sup, with everyone being interested in Legoshi and hate to see him living his life as a pacifistic carnivore lol.Oh god...Orochimaru is simping on another young boy... >_>. The camera movement and animation caught my eye.I gotta say, they couldn’t have picked a better VA to voice the Hexeye.It’s so...appropriate. xD

I'm really curious on Tem's killer and the kangaroo since I saw him fighting wth Legoshi in the trailer. And seems like the whole school will be on hunt too. I'm pining 5 potential suspects, Louis[the card],Kangaroo[night walk], Hexeye[to find a potential?], Bill[Hate for herbivores] and Legoshi who might've accidently killed him unconsciously like that night with Haru.

And Holy Shit!The reveal was way too good my jaw dropped. Louis senpai swag level just went sky high. All he missed was a cigar bar and sunglasses. And that YARE YARE was spot on.That new Louis soundtrack. Its so sexy! I love it! Also Louis in gang boss suit hits different![I swear to god I'm not a furry🙏]The voice acting is A tier as always. I'd like to know why he has changed this drastically and how he became a gang boss. Which I feel like will be revealed in the next episode. Looking forward to that!
uaekoala69Jan 17, 2021 9:53 PM
Jan 17, 2021 3:31 AM

Jun 2020
AvihayAnimes said:
Whatever...
uhm well that's what beastars is trying to tell and what is interesting in it, the world doesn't run on Carnivore stronger hence> herbivores alone, its a mix b/w that and importance per human standards.
Jan 17, 2021 3:41 AM

Aug 2012
Doom_Reigns said:
AvihayAnimes said:
Whatever...
uhm well that's what beastars is trying to tell and what is interesting in it, the world doesn't run on Carnivore stronger hence> herbivores alone, its a mix b/w that and importance per human standards.

Ye but there is something that is 100% stupid in this series,
and it's that they are trying to portrayl that wolf is stronger than a lion, which is the stupidest shit I've ever seen.
Lion, bear, tiger are WAY more stronger than a wolf, just look at national georgraphic and you will see that.
But it's like in japanese culture they have the idea that a wolf is the strongest lol...
Jan 17, 2021 3:45 AM

Jun 2020
AvihayAnimes said:
Doom_Reigns said:

and it's that they are trying to portrayl that wolf is stronger than a lion, which is the stupidest shit I've ever seen.
Lion, bear, tiger are WAY more stronger than a wolf, just look at national georgraphic and you will see that.
But it's like in japanese culture they have the idea that a wolf is the strongest lol...
yea even i was pissed of when Legoshi beat the shit ou of a group of fucking lions lol which are biologically stronger. The best explanation is that the lions were old geezers with way less physical strength.
Jan 17, 2021 4:17 AM

Aug 2012
Doom_Reigns said:
AvihayAnimes said:

yea even i was pissed of when Legoshi beat the shit ou of a group of fucking lions lol which are biologically stronger. The best explanation is that the lions were old geezers with way less physical strength.

I'm glad that i'm not the only one.
I mean, if you make an animal power structure where the wolf is clearly stronger than rabbit, goat, dog and fox, then you have to make animals like Lion and bear way stronger than him.
Even 10 wolfs can't hurt a grizzly bear.
Jan 17, 2021 7:07 AM

Sep 2020
MAL should add comedy tag for the genre...
Last 5 mins was so funny
Jan 17, 2021 7:49 AM

Jul 2020
Great episode. The OP and ED by Yoasobi were both bops. And Leo looks bad-ass as hell with that gun.

I accept random friend requests!
Jan 17, 2021 8:04 AM

Mar 2019
Great episode. I'm currently reading through this part for the first time and I like how they're handling the storytelling as I feel it's flowing significantly better compared to the manga. For example, that scene with the Alpacas hasn't happened yet whereas the manga has covered more of Louis stuff. The pacing feels better.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting...
Koito91Jan 23, 2021 1:28 PM
Jan 17, 2021 9:14 AM

Jun 2015
There it is, the big revelation. The scene rearrangement was for a good cause

sodobean said:
I really hope this gets a season 3 and they fix the melon arc with original scenes

What does that have to do with this season, though? Be careful with spoilers

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Koito91Jan 23, 2021 1:28 PM
Jan 17, 2021 10:20 AM

Jan 2011
I don't get the score but this shit is fire. Things are heating already. We got Louis going to the dark side to create his own light while Legosi may become the next Beastars. This world is becoming mroe and mroe interesting and complex with each episode. Legosi even took down a fucking Tekken character.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 17, 2021 10:23 AM

Jan 2011
AvihayAnimes said:
Whatever...
Let's see he is witty, cunning, and has a fucking gun. He also did the thing in gangs that earns you a lot respect. He killed the boss before their eyes so they know not to fuck with him. It's not as bullshit as you think if you know how gangs work. We also know that Louis is a very convincing character too.
MasterHavikJan 17, 2021 11:18 PM
Jan 17, 2021 11:05 AM

Aug 2012
MasterHavik said:
AvihayAnimes said:
Whatever...
Let's he is witty, cunning, and has a fucking gun. He also did the thing in gangs that earns you a lot respect. He killed the boss before their eyes so they know not to fuck with him. It's not as bullshit as you think if you know how gangs work. We also know that Louis is a very convincing character too.

So he have a gun and the other lions don't even have 1 gun? lol
Yes, it is 100% bullshit.

Mod Edit: Removed line
Koito91Jan 23, 2021 1:30 PM
Jan 17, 2021 11:56 AM

Mar 2010
I can understand wanting to satiate the dark part of the world to keep the majority in the light, It might seem like the only way. But it doesn't justify jack shit, But alas if only we all decided to stay sane and not give up on our weaknesses from taking over.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 17, 2021 12:04 PM

Aug 2019
The action scene with Legosi and that boxer took me by surprise. this got me pretty excited.

I like where the plot's going, seeing Legosi trying to find out who killed Tem is actually more fun than I expected. The most remarcable scene for me is when he's in his room and we can hear the noise in it, idk why, I just liked that.

Louis is um... the boss of the Leo group now? wtf. He also just popped a cap on that lion's ass. straight up.

From what i can understand he thinks that carnivores are hiding who they are and that this is bad and he wants to change it before something bad happens.
I don't necessarily agree with him, because I think most carnivores can control their instincts and are able to live together with the herbivores. I'm not denying that there're some people who can't control their instincts, like Tem's murderer, but let's not generalize.

if you don't want to know where the plot is possibly going, dont't read

Had a lot of fun again. 5/5 for me
FrostyinsideJan 17, 2021 12:07 PM
Jan 17, 2021 2:54 PM

Nov 2014
AvihayAnimes said:
ttcchen said:

You can't apply NORMAL human logic and standards to them.
Did I say you can? No. They're neither humen nor normal animals so you can't apply neither logic nor standards to them. Just wait a week and watch the damn show so your questions are answered. If you want them to behave like animals and follow their animalistic instincts in everything they do then why are you not watching National Geographic but instead you're here watching anthropomorphic animals behaving like humans?
Jan 17, 2021 6:54 PM
Jun 2017
So it appears that Rokume is indeed a female. I guess the long brawl will finally come to an end.

However, I cannot help but feel uneasy, as we have already started with introduced concepts that will not be developed further. What exactly is the All-Organisms Council? Is the Beastar a mere ceremonial figure, or is he something more complex? What is really the role of the Beastar? How much power does the board of education have in this world?

Anyway, this second episode was ok on its own. I wonder how much is Rokume into Legoshi. There was some original content in this episode. For example, the running, gymwear-thief kangaroo wasn't present in the manga.

I do think the bouquet wasn't put there by Louis. Of course, he is shown many times doing that, but the nite in it is fundamental. I'm very inclined to think
but then it would be too suspicious for a carnivore that big to put a bouquet with that note in that place.

My, my, we finally got Ibuki and Louis as the leader of the Shishigumi. Those final scenes from the ending are a mouth-opener for huge spoilers.
PaulotronatorJan 17, 2021 7:00 PM
Jan 17, 2021 6:56 PM

Jan 2011
so it was a rattlesnake ,yabe louis went Kurapika on our asses dude's always been set up as a major threat if left uncheck and having a mob power is crazy
Jan 17, 2021 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
bruh wtf why is there a snake why why wtf
Jan 17, 2021 9:24 PM

Aug 2015
This episode was SO MUCH. wow.

Massive snake admits to being a longtime stalker, puts on a snazzy hat, then slowly wraps Legosi up. Our boy isn't scared at all - instantly accepts Hexeyes, softly strokes him :') Then there a profile shot of them in front of Tem's memorial and the angle makes it look like Hexeye's is giving Legosi a lick :^)))))))))) Bro why were all their interactions so SENSUAL? Is that just how snakes are in this universe?

I really like this deadline for the murder mystery and more focused arc. The politics behind the search for the next Beastar is fantastic as well.

Louis is a mafia boss, head of carnivores! His attitude! HIS VOICE!! And he looks SO GOOD in a suit. Really looking forward to seeing how he came to this position of power.
Jan 17, 2021 11:17 PM

Jan 2011
AvihayAnimes said:
MasterHavik said:
Let's he is witty, cunning, and has a fucking gun. He also did the thing in gangs that earns you a lot respect. He killed the boss before their eyes so they know not to fuck with him. It's not as bullshit as you think if you know how gangs work. We also know that Louis is a very convincing character too.

So he have a gun and the other lions don't even have 1 gun? lol
Yes, it is 100% bullshit.
No it's not bullshit. Also yeah they may have guns, but he has shown not to hesitate.

Your only argument is that, it's bullshit because he says so.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post and removed line.
Koito91Jan 23, 2021 1:31 PM
Jan 18, 2021 11:06 AM
Oct 2019
As if the first snake character we see is Orochimaru.
Jan 18, 2021 1:32 PM

Oct 2020
The short fight scene between Legoshi and the kangaroo was so refreshingly good. Studio Orange is treating us big time!
Jan 18, 2021 2:06 PM
May 2019
Man im really digging this way more than the first season, i cant wait to see louis' backstory and legoshi finding the culprit, I have a wold guess but it also may be wildly incorrect
Jan 18, 2021 8:56 PM

Oct 2017
The 2nd season not getting a 8+ is beyond me.
The story is going into much more interesting territory.
Jan 19, 2021 11:44 PM
Mar 2018
So we learn about Hexeye, the security guard, and Leogsi beginning to investigate Tem's murder.

Also Louis is now the boss of the lion group, and that ED. This is too much.

Jan 20, 2021 12:57 AM

Oct 2017
Legosi gonna try to find out the culprit and at the same time they announce that the next Bestars will be the one who finds the culprit lol. Looks like Legosi might end up becoming the Beastars. Snake is kinda amusing but seems like he's a pervert. Also wow Louis has become the head of Leo group, interesting.
Jan 20, 2021 7:20 AM
Oct 2019
Oh my god Rokume is voice by Orochimaru (Naruto) VA Kujira lol... This is amazing....

The fight Scene Sakuga was Awesome...

Oh boy Louis is losing his mind...
He talking shit in the Deer Meat Shop... So Savage
Jan 20, 2021 3:03 PM

Sep 2017
Well this had several turns I did not see coming. Louis has really gone off the deep end. The meeting of school leaders or whatever was a bit cartoon villainly. Like everyone there except the one teach had no regard for the well being of the students and only cared about the next beastar.

Legoshi taking on the detective roll feels the most out of place. It doesn't seem like something a random student should be trying to do. Also it was spurred on by this very random snake character. I think what they were going for was "use your strength" to solve the case. I guess snake is trying to test him, but like you should really give him all the info on the murder you have if you want to help.
Jan 21, 2021 10:55 AM

Jul 2012
Damn, so Louis went from "Beastar" to "Gangstar" :P
Really good episode, everything looks great!
Jan 23, 2021 1:39 PM

Mar 2018
Thread Cleaned.

- Do not ask where you can watch the episode as this will result in links being posted.
- Do not resort to abuse, trolling or harassment. If you disagree with someone, reply in a civil manner or move on.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Jan 25, 2021 1:21 PM
Feb 2019
Great episode.

The council at the beginning was interesting, every species has a representative member, the idea might be weird but it makes sense, specially with the tension between herbivores and carnivorous, and the tension is really high it seems, poor director. The mysterious figure following Legoshi was a giant snake, and it actually is the school's vigilante, that was unexpected, Rokume is a good addiction, she seems to be pretty weird, but her will to solve Temu's murder is intriguing, it's still someone we would not trust yet, though she has this weird charm, really an interesting character; the fact that Legoshi begins to investigate Temu's murder right when the council decides the one who finds the culprit will be a Beastar candidate was funny, in a good way. And Louis being part of the black market, and even more as the boss of a herbivore meat trading gang, was a huge plot twist, absolutely unexpected but so good, like Louis as a herbivore shouldn't be there even in a joke, but he's messed up enough fot it to happen and be believable xD, he's becoming ruthless and pretty intimidating, wonder what role he'll play from here on the story.
But what sells the series is Legoshi, all his reactions this episode were priceless, his awkwardness is amusing to watch, as well as his sincerity, even when it's a bit too much, though it's always catching when he gets serious, at the end, he's really a beast.

Music is lovely as always, so smooth and beautiful while compliment outstandingly the scenes, though when Indian stereotypical music began sounding at Rokume's entrance, I laughed hard, it's a good detail but it took me a bit off; OP grew really fast on me, it's gold, and ED is really good as well, the visuals were great too. And yes, Orange is mixing 2D and 3D, it was very clear in the council scene, it makes sense and it actually looks very good, but I don't remember any of that on season 1, so it took by surprise.
Feb 17, 2021 1:25 AM

Dec 2012
Pre_Yum said:
Here enters Orochimaru, the Snake as a Security Guard.

This 100%!
LOL, so good!
Mar 4, 2021 2:24 PM

Nov 2016
Louis let the savage in him take over.

I'm still extremely intrigued by the characters and mystery. That short fight was also fire or when Legosi pulled up while the alpacas were chilling lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 5, 2021 12:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The snake is definitely going to be a very interesting character, also the investigation part is sure gonna be great, and Louis at the end, it's gonna be 100% hype
Mar 7, 2021 6:12 AM

Jan 2017
Rokume looks like a JoJo character lol
Mendokusai
Mar 31, 2021 10:14 PM

Aug 2007
Ardis160 said:
Orange taking creative liberties once again - oh man, I feel like they might actually save the Melon arc once it's adapted...

I have hope for that as well.

Apr 8, 2021 6:49 AM

Mar 2015
Interesting developments in this one, Louis trying to break the mold!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 10, 2021 6:35 PM

Aug 2017
I'm glad there's less romance in this season because it's terrible. Legoshi playing detective to solve last season's case is pretty funny. I have high hopes for this anime. So Louis is the leader of a carnivores gang now. This is getting better and better.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 5, 2021 11:44 AM

Jul 2015
Louis really has changed a lot after murdering the lion boss. Hexeye is a bit weird but otherwise seems like a good ally to have in the search of Tem's murderer.

Jun 6, 2021 2:36 PM

Feb 2018
Louis is the boss of Leo Group? NANI !??!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

200 by fatekkjjkk »»
Apr 24, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

102 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:23 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2021

63 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.