Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 13, 2020 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's kinda strange seeing the 2nd and 8th division working together.

It was also pretty tough watching Maki being beat up like that. This was a chance for the squads to use what they've learned. I find it interesting that they made the fight underground where there's a lot more camera shots focused on the characters than the environment around them.

Nov 13, 2020 10:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They always put a sad backstory for each character before they die... that's pretty efficient to be honest, so much violence in this episode it was really good
Nov 13, 2020 10:29 AM
Oct 2016
JUGG!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh that was awesome! Juggernaut getting his big fight this arc. Holy hell I nearly shouted that whole last sequence. Juggernaut remembering what Hajiki and his mom had told him. Be as brave as he is big, stop being so jumpy, stand up tall, use your power. I loved it so much. Orochi of the Knights of the Purple Haze was no joke. Her medusa whip slicing right though Hajiki, talk about brutal. Right after he just got a badass display of his powers he gets his head literally cut off. That's rough right there, the arc is only gonna get darker from here too. Not lightening up any time soon. We all know how last mission in the Nether went. Tamaki kinda got pushed around again by Orochi but at least she could hold her off with that heat resistance like rubber. Tamaki feeling bad about people saving her over and over will come up later so don't worry. Juggernaut though got his dope moment finally animated. Been waiting on this, he's a cool character with some immense firepower putting that all on display here.
Nov 13, 2020 10:48 AM

Oct 2019
jugg rlly cool always liked him to be honest..and finally we got a taste for those amazing sound effects
Nov 13, 2020 10:48 AM

Feb 2019
Juggernaut my fucking goat!! What an awesome episode as usual from D.Pro. The production on that final “execution administered” sequence was great. No better motivation to get stronger than protecting the girl you like.

RIP hajiki. Only was in like 3 pages, but he was a goat.

Also is it like a requirement to be hella thick to join the white clad?
Nov 13, 2020 10:55 AM
Jun 2020
Wow a lot of death in that episode, I heard this arc was like that still crazy to see it in action. Also, knockoff Jordans also exist in this world now. Anyways ready for the next episode to see how the other teams are fairing.
Nov 13, 2020 10:56 AM
Sep 2015
Good animation (as always) but I'm NOT a fan of dozens of deaths, maybe I'm too used to peaceful episodes. I'm wondering that the only way humanity can survive in such a high mortality environment is they've to breed as many as rabbits, which is not an ideal situation for a BL person like me.

Oh, maybe I'm just as forgetful as the beheaded platoon leader, but I think it's the first time that we heard all people that have pyro ability have to serve their country, and it is a must, not a choice. Kinda sad as I'm anti-conscription but it's the only way humanity can have enough force to deal with this disaster.

And I feel like this is a bad co-operation, this mission should be handled preferably by group of captains, Benimaru, Burns, Joker, etc. and not amateur firefighter like this. The infernal manipulator Ritsu suddenly seems stronger than when White Clad invade Haijima Industries but it's probably because Nether is White Clad's territory. She now even get her own guardians.
Nov 13, 2020 11:16 AM
Apr 2018
- 10:11 "Yes, of course!"
VICTOR Licht is in trouble.

- HAJIKI-senpai showed us something cool...
- RIP HAJIKI-senpai!

- Great JUGGERNAUT! You showed us some dedication & persistence.

Doutei-kunNov 13, 2020 11:32 AM
Nov 13, 2020 11:21 AM

Jul 2017
2nd and 8th Company, ROLLING OUT! Juggernaut's and Shinra's companies into the Nether once more, but with more Infernals to ciontend with...and ANOTHER Evangelist-supporting White-Clads group??? The Knights of the Purple Haze...

With that said, A LOT OF DEATHS were handled throughout this episode with each backstory attached to it like the bug of flames. An eye for a skill, this Hajiki platoon leader sure is the real deal...for 3 mins, and being head-slashed by Orochi, what a monster of a woman that both Tamaki and Juggernaut has to face.

The highlight is easily Juggernaut vs. Orochi, with all that firepower and not forgetting the backstory. To protect self and Tamaki, he's riding on his limits! A hollow man, BUT A CONFIDENCE MAN, A WEAPON OF DESTRUCTION. Forget immortality, who is Juggernaut, and what is he truly made of?

This episode of killing many characters...felt like 5 mins AT MAX. This is only the start of the Nether's many battles, and ferocious ones to come.
Nov 13, 2020 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, Juggernaut was awesome. Seeing him not giving up and fighting with all his strength was cool to see.
Seeing Tamaki get beaten up like that was hard to watch.

We have another hot, thick white clad. XD

Nov 13, 2020 11:42 AM

Jun 2015
Sweet baby gods that you might pray too. Latum! If this is what we can expect while everyone invades the Tokyo underground I can foresee a spectacle of awesome which people of this generation tell those to come of the story. Látom!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 13, 2020 11:46 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Thou shall not hurt Tamaki like that. Kill that nasty knight my Juggernaut
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 13, 2020 12:05 PM
Jul 2014
Ok, I can agree on a little weird pacing of this anime... But damn... I literally love it - SFX (!), characters, animation and climate. But I totally wasn't prepared for this amount of gory violence and death in this episode!

Now that I recall, the last visit to nether wasn't as bloody as this one. Especially When Maki executed all the baddies - lots of sounds and visuals indicating that White Clads died, but not much blood. Now straight away we see heads rotating 180 degrees, head getting chopped off and skull crushing juggernaut missile.

I'm getting hyped about how brutal it becomes :D
Nov 13, 2020 12:21 PM
Jun 2020
Every time tamaki comes up during this show, the more useless she becomes. I thought she was gonna actually be useful after haijiki died; but nope, gets ass beat and has to be saved by someone. Overall pretty decent episode. I liked how they actually showed people dying and showing the strength of the evangelist.
Nov 13, 2020 12:31 PM
Aug 2020
Good episode, although many characters died, it made fire force more gory, i like it, tamaki may not have had her character moment here, fyi this really wasn’t meant for her, it was more for takeru which is fine since his fight was really eye candy to watch and hype, 9/10 episode
Nov 13, 2020 12:51 PM

Jan 2020
As like Medusa says: "this is the nether", and it's only the beggining

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Nov 13, 2020 12:57 PM

Aug 2020
I like this ep better than the one before, the deaths.........
Juggernaut is so cool wow
Nov 13, 2020 1:10 PM

Sep 2019
Damn, I didn’t expect Juggernaut to be that strong. Really enjoyed this episode.
Nov 13, 2020 1:26 PM

Dec 2015
They really went all out with the stupidity in this episode. Five seconds in there and they get their asses served, it's almost as if the autor was self-aware that the difference in power and skills is insurmountable. Eh, but it has a lot of deaths so I guess this is undoubtably a good episode and show, right? Cause the stakes are high, right? Too bad they are gonna drag the plot and the antagonists around much longer than the protagonists themselves.
Nov 13, 2020 1:37 PM

Aug 2018
Wow, I truly didn't expect that so many fire fighters would die... the short flashbacks on their lives tried to create a dramatic aspect also.

The blonde knight Orochi seemed strong (and hot lul), didn't expect a face reveal on her first appearance though
Nov 13, 2020 1:56 PM
Nov 2019
Wow, this episode was pretty damn violent for a Fire Force episode. Felt like an AOT episode at times. Plenty of randos getting killed right after a brief flashback.(The dude who's flashback was his sneakers made me laugh)
Nov 13, 2020 2:23 PM
Feb 2016
Terrible episode imo. All the killing felt like it was only done to show how powerful the enemy was even though they totally neglected that in the other episodes. Also a lot of fan service even in serious moments when it wasn't necessary. Juggernaut was fun but that's the only possituve thing in this episode.
Nov 13, 2020 2:39 PM

Jul 2013
Shed manly tears for my boy Juggernaut at the end. This fight was one of the things I was looking forward the most to see animated, and it hasn't disappointed me one bit, great in animation, sound and character moment. Definitely one of my favorite battles of the series, and this episode also became one of my favorite ones of the anime. Juggernaut made honor to his name, avenged his senpai and saved Tamaki, surpassing his cowardice and fears. What a man ;_;

First half was pure black comedy. I both felt bad and chuckled at the fate of those red shirts who had the obvious death flags on them (F for the guy who just wanted to try his new sneakers). This arc shows what happens when normal people try to enter in the domain of the White Clad, and Ritsu has been shown to be incredibly dangerous when she has a lot of corpses at her disposition.

They didn't shy away from the gore either. Even when they censored some things (in the manga you could see how Orochi's attack clearly decapitated Hajiki instead of being shadowed), they still managed to make it brutal (like when Hajiki's head upper half landed in the floor and you could see the blood spilling over). The scene where Orochi appears was very well done in general.
RIP Hajiki-senpai. You were truly a cool guy even with your small screentime, your death will never be forgotten :(

Man, why all the females of the Evangelist's side are so good looking? This is one of those shounens when all female villains are hot. Orochi's screentime may have been brief, but she sure managed to be enjoyable in the short time she was featured.

Again, great episode.
Nov 13, 2020 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
NOOO DON'T TELL MY BOY JUGGERNAUT IS DEAD. PLEASE!!
Nov 13, 2020 3:21 PM

Feb 2014
I have not been a fan of this anime, but boy, this episode was absolutely amazing, really looking forward to how the season is gonna end now.
Nov 13, 2020 3:50 PM

Jan 2018
Hajiki seemed like a cool guy, didn't expected him to die so soon.
Juggernaut was the star of this episode I hope he's still alive, PROTECC TAMAKI AT ALL COST!
Nov 13, 2020 4:17 PM

Apr 2020
I died when Shinra gave Company 2 a manual on how to deal with Arthur. It's like he's telling them, Arthur's an idiot but he's Company 8's idiot.

When I get back from this mission, I'm going to wear these brand spanking new sneakers LOL

Juggernaut was best boy this episode.
Nov 13, 2020 4:55 PM

Jan 2020
I thought this was a really good episode.

I really liked Orochi's design, ability and just her character in general and it's kinda sad how it looks like she was just a one episode antagonist because it looked like she had potential for more.

Juggernaut was great

Nov 13, 2020 5:01 PM

Sep 2009
Holy shit this episode was lot heavier than I expected it to be.
Nov 13, 2020 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
Cool to see the past of people before I die I think it was perfect. The episode was incredible.

Nov 13, 2020 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
Cool.many people died so let's see what's going to happen in the next episode.

Nov 13, 2020 5:23 PM

Jun 2020
Okay, who else was expecting Juggernaut to say "Don't you know who I am? I'm the juggernaut bitch!" before dropping that bomb on Orochi? I hope he isn't RIP. Kind of surprised to see so many characters die in this episode. The home stretch is looking to be quite interesting.
Nov 13, 2020 5:39 PM

Jan 2009
RIP Haijiki in the manga i was shock by his sudden death too

Orochi is strong too although Juggernaut is much powerful that is hopefully he survives that blast
Nov 13, 2020 7:18 PM

Jul 2020
Noooo so the cool rifle guy who could give something interesting to the plot is dead. And Juggernaut crafted a fire nuke and blasted it like a Nishinoya Rolling Thunder into that Silent Hill-type girl. I need the next episode. NOW.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Nov 13, 2020 7:54 PM

Oct 2016
Jesus Christ, this episode man. I was dying when they were showing the flashbacks of those fodder soldiers and then this one dude just wanted to wear some sneakers lmao. But, you know who else died, them.

Bruh, Hajiki was badass and then he just died like that what the fuck. That shookt the hell out of me, cause I wasn't expecting that at all. But, damn are all white clads that thicc cause damn.

Respect to Juggernaut though that was awesome, I am sure Tamaki's time will come. I am sure this will motivate Tamaki to do better. But, that medusa weapon wielder white clad is definitely clapped right. She took a nuke right in the face.

Looking forward to the next episode damn, this is shaping up to be a great arc.
Nov 13, 2020 7:57 PM

Mar 2020
A good episode.
The investigation did not start well, they are being slaughtered even if they are still trying to fight.
RIP Hajiki, RIP Juggernaut?
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 13, 2020 8:21 PM

Jul 2014
Hey, that new guy is pretty cool... And he's just been decapitated! Holy shit I didn't expect that at all. I know that the theme of this anime has always been dark but I have found this episode darker than usual.

Those death flags were hilarious though, especially the sneakers guy lmao.

Of course the new girl is THICC. I'd like to see more of her but after that heroic moment of Juggernaut I don't think it's possible anymore. Speaking of Juggernaut, what the hell is his power? He's supposed to just wear a lot of layers of clothes but... it regenerates, what?

Heyyyy, Tamaki is... half naked again. Tamaki's only purpose in getting half naked is to power-up the boys? I guess it works metaphorically but I don't know, at the beginning of the series it didn't bother me that much but now I find it kind of annoying. I've always liked Tamaki so... yeah.
Nov 13, 2020 8:22 PM

Jun 2019
If there’s one thing that is pretty unique to Fire Force of the current action-shounens is that it doesn’t take itself too seriously. I feel like this has helped it improve upon the first season, which was a little too serious at times, given its content. What Fire Force accels at is giving a fun time with some great action. And that was all there in this episode.
Nov 13, 2020 9:01 PM
Apr 2020
Bloody episode. Hajiki was skilled but he was instantly killed, that Orochi is quite strong. But she's no match against the determined Juggernaut. Is Juggernaut dead?!

Nov 13, 2020 9:54 PM

Oct 2017
Purple Haze was such a beauty, what a waste that she had to die.
Nov 13, 2020 10:09 PM

Jan 2013
This anime never stops to amaze, what an episode! Overall Friday 13th episodes were all insane, FireForce, Danmachi, Jujutsu, so many dark and intense episodes! What a day.

RIP to that guy, he seemed pretty nice and OP.
Poor Tamaki, if it wasn't Juggernaut, then it had to be Shinra xD

But Juggernaut was the MVP without any doubt! But tbh he was right, if he was less coward maybe his friend wouldn't have died.

What a way to end the episode tho, 10/10

Now about the military, wtf? How did Tokyo survive with such a big threat as Infernals only being defeated by FF, like the military doesn't even stand a chance...

Can't wait for next week's episode! Finally, best girl will be back, i hope...
Oh, and btw, i guess it's time for Maki's brother to really learn whit who 8th and Maki area dealing.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 13, 2020 10:46 PM

Jun 2014
Damn I was really liking Hajiki and just like that, he's dead. His short time on screen was badass though :(

Juggernaut finally got his time to shine and damn he was cool af. Really hope he didn't die there but the way this episode went, I won't get my hopes up.

Also, I like that they showed short backstories for some of the Fire Soldiers before they died, and then you have that one dude who was dreaming about simply wearing some new shoes lol. But then he died anyway....

And holy shit what is it with the women in the white clad all being so thicc. Stop making me like the bad guys so much Fire Force ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
thebrentinator24Nov 13, 2020 10:54 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 13, 2020 11:31 PM

Mar 2017
Juggernaut was really awesome in this ep, and I hope he ends up with Tamaki.
Also, anyone know who voiced Orochi? The voice is familiar but she ain't listed in the cast atm. It was Shizuka Itou, and the reason it was familiar was because of Hildegarde.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 13, 2020 11:46 PM
Dec 2019
I was hoping to see finally Tamaki and Shinra together because of this. But, damn... Juggernaut reaaaaalllyyy is the MAN!!! He just developed his character in just 10 minutes and he nailed it. He went from super shy, to super DAMN! This episode was very different from the previous. I think they wanted us to be unprepared for this one. I really hope Jug is ok after this.
Nov 14, 2020 12:09 AM
Sep 2018
Bruh wtf they just killed a good potential john wick type character in just 5 mins.
Very bad tbh. And they fucking left it on cliffhanger fucking great FML
Nov 14, 2020 12:12 AM

Apr 2020
TAKERU IS CRAZY!!! The last arc opens up with lots of crazy violence and deaths. Poor those three soldiers who had their cliche flashbacks before they die. It goes to show the true soldiers who are fighting in the real world (props). And Hajiki-senpai, he has one of the coolest powers ever and then he just got his head sliced (like Yuuji) and...died. Orochi's fighting power is really cool too (and damn she is thick). Tamaki got really beaten (even though she lewd dont you dare do that again) and because of that our boi Takeru. He became a man this week! And Orochi's death scene is really brutal.

So much action we got in this first part. This might be as great as the last season's Nether arc, and damn they are spoiling it to us. Great episode, bumping it up to an 8!
raiderublazeNov 14, 2020 12:38 AM
Nov 14, 2020 2:08 AM
May 2019
*NOOO, U CANT KILL CHARACTERS LIKE THAT

*Haha head goes brrrrrrrr
Nov 14, 2020 2:34 AM

Aug 2013
holy fucking shit what the hell was this?!
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 14, 2020 5:55 AM
Apr 2019
My boi Juggernaut finally gets his spotlight now. It's really fun watching this in HD. The animations are good as hell.
Nov 14, 2020 6:03 AM

Apr 2018
That was a dark episode...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

64 by SenseiSempai-san »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

64 by SenseiSempai-san »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

93 by SenseiSempai-san »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

77 by SenseiSempai-san »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 14, 2020

81 by SenseiSempai-san »»
11 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.