Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 19, 2019 1:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Overhaul and Shigaraki meeting :o

This is like evil meets evil. It's interesting how much they already know each other's backgrounds. I find Overhaul's voice rather intimidating. And considering his personality, I'm not surprised he has a clear presence. It's also great they kept the show uncensored so far. Pretty much another buildup episode with the students, All Might, etc. The Bubble Girl scenes were priceless.

Stark700Oct 19, 2019 2:52 AM
Oct 19, 2019 1:58 AM

Mar 2014
He did it! Midoriya made Nightmare MAD lol
Overhaul is just like Shigaraki ... That's scary.
Really good episode, as well as hearing bakugo saying "In your face" but couldn't say it lol
Really good episode!
Oct 19, 2019 2:04 AM

Jul 2016
I forgot how Mirio’s face is similar to Vault Boy’s from the Fallout series.

Great episode, Overhaul is introduced and the voice actor fits perfectly. I can’t wait to see more of him.

That last scene with Sir Nighteye is going to give birth to a lot of doujins.

Overall, 5/5
Oct 19, 2019 3:10 AM

Sep 2018
So Shigaraki and Overhaul finally meet,Shigaraki has a name and power but no real plan on how to destroy hero society Overhaul has somekind of plan but no money to really make it work...(also RIP Magne :( )

Cant wait for next episode to see what will happen with Nighteye and Midoriya...
well that's just my opinion.....
Oct 19, 2019 3:19 AM
May 2017
Overhaul's theme is sick.
Oct 19, 2019 3:29 AM

Sep 2014
This got pretty intense. Overhaul straight up killed Magne and destroyed Mr. Compress' left arm as well. Shigaraki is certainly not going to stay idle after all this. Deku's first impression on Nighteye was ultra fail. That torture tickling machine was gold.
Oct 19, 2019 3:29 AM

Jan 2009
Overhauls awesomeness begins im surprise they did not fully censor how he killed Magnetism guy/gay though

Mirio should have been the successor of All Might but the choice have been made

lol Deku failed the first impression test on NightEye how he will redeem himself now
Oct 19, 2019 3:37 AM

Oct 2015
Really promising start to the arc. There's some unexpected but great character development for Deku. He realised that it was naive to simply being a hero who always puts on a smile. Sir Nighteye makes an entrance and already he's grabbed my attention.
Oct 19, 2019 3:37 AM

Oct 2018
Introduction of overhaul was awesome.
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Oct 19, 2019 3:44 AM

Dec 2013
That was an intense meeting! I didn't think the LoV would suddenly lose another member. RIP Big sis Magne.

I still absolutely love Midoriya's All Might face. Sadly Nighteye didn't enjoy it as much as I did.
Oct 19, 2019 3:49 AM
Mar 2018
Honestly, I just want to see the villains at this point.
Oct 19, 2019 3:50 AM

Aug 2013
Overhaul makes an appearance and he is quite scary.

Sir Nighteye also makes an appearance.
The Bubble Girl scene was funny.

Oct 19, 2019 3:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Don't really liked the first 10 minutes because I don't care of the villains in this anime to be honest.
The second part with Izuku and Mirio was great.
Oct 19, 2019 3:57 AM

Jan 2018
Crazy episode and I loved overhaul.
Oct 19, 2019 3:59 AM

Feb 2018
Damn, and just like that Magne died and Mr. Compress lost his arm and quirk.
Oct 19, 2019 4:02 AM

Oct 2018
For some reason i hate forced comedy in this episode, it could've been better if it wasn't for that but the main villain of this arc has an interesting ability.
Ri22rkOct 19, 2019 4:10 AM
Oct 19, 2019 4:07 AM

Nov 2016
Incredible atmosphere during the negotiations, especially the OST was sick and Overhaul didn't take long to show what a threat he is. Intense stuff.

Rest of the episode was also really good. Midoriya came to a new realization what kind of hero he wants to be and the first meeting with Nighteye started off hilarious.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 19, 2019 4:18 AM

May 2018
They seem to have added quite a bunch of scenes that weren't in the manga to stretch the episode
Oct 19, 2019 4:34 AM

Oct 2017
Lol its just epi 2 and one of Tomura's men just died like nothing. Thou that short fight scene was quite intense. Also Toga just wants to cut em up as usual.

Well Midorya finally meets with Sir Nighteye but lmao looks like he already left a bad first impression, also his idea of a joke is really hilarious.
Oct 19, 2019 4:44 AM
Mar 2019
Overhaul seems like a badass type of person.... We also got to see a bit of Kacchan which is always fun lol...
Deku with the All Might face lol...
Looks like impressing Nighteye is going to be tough...
4/5
FanBoii
Oct 19, 2019 4:44 AM

Sep 2018

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
MonkeyDHunterOct 19, 2019 8:20 AM
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Oct 19, 2019 5:01 AM
Jun 2015
Holy shit Shigaraki finally killed someone. But the flashbacks are becoming fucking Naruto level at this point.
Oct 19, 2019 5:07 AM
May 2017
So Togata could've been the successor
Oct 19, 2019 5:25 AM

Jan 2017
The first half of the episode was pretty dark - to be expected of the Overhaul arc if anything. The new theme's pretty sick too.
Oct 19, 2019 5:47 AM

Aug 2018
FINALLY, STAKES IN MHA, IT'S BEEN 3 SEASONS I'M WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO ACTUALLY BE KILLED BY A VILLAIN ON SCREEN.

Shigaraki has been the most pathetic uncompetent motherfucker for more than 60 episodes to fail all of his plans and never achieved to kill a single kid to prove his "crazy evil" status but Overhaul looks like he could kill any random bastard who comes to annoy him. Stain killed people indeed, that's why he's above all villains in this serie (and for his motivations) but all of them were off screen deaths.

Anyway Magnet was useless, no one likes her*, I don't even know what the shit was this 30 secs backstory coming totally out of nowhere to give audience emotions for her* an instant before she* got brutally IMPLODED by OverHaul.

Oh no, his theme is trap hip-hop, could not have been more out of context for a guy like this :/
James-LastOmnicFeb 22, 2020 3:21 PM
Oct 19, 2019 5:50 AM

May 2019
A great episode regarding the introduction of the groundwork thematic concerns of the show, especially concerning the philosophy and ideals of Shigaraki.

I'm glad it's uncensored, and I hope it stays that way. Excited to see how the rest of the Nighteye interview turns out.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 19, 2019 5:52 AM

Mar 2018
Wow what a twisted episode. The first half was really dark featuring the villain side, while the second one was really light filled with slice of life and humour featuring the hero side.
Really interesting.

Mag-nee is.. dead.. That was really unexpected ngl
This yakuza seems really terrifying, especially with a leader that actually has plans. And he is just the 2nd ranked there? I think they said sth like this.. If I didn't get it wrong why doesn't the one superior to him become the nee leader

Regardless if Nighteye likes or dislikes Midoriya's All Might Impersonation.. It definitely got me cracked up at the end lmao

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 19, 2019 6:06 AM

Feb 2014
Overhaul's introduction was a lot darker than I thought it would be. His presence is on the intimidating side and he killed Magne in a very bloody fashion and he also blew up Mr Compress's left arm and also disabled his quirk. Shigaraki also got into the action by using his quirk to kill one of Overhaul's henchmen before the small fight came to a close. Things between these two villains are going to be both intriguing and interesting for sometime yet.

After some persuading and with the backing of Togata, Midoriya was able to visit Nighteye for a chance to study under him. Despite his somewhat cold exterior, Nighteye really holds humour to a super tough standard, as his sidekick, Bubble Girl found out the hard way by getting "punished" by a tickle machine. On a side note, Bubble Girl's outfit looks SUPER sexy with that amount of underboob and bare midriff showing =3

Midoriya wanted to give off a first great impression on Nighteye with his great impression of All Might. Not only Togata's reaction was funny, but Nighteye didn't laugh at all and accused Midoriya of ridiculing All Might instead. Ouch....off to a bad start there, Midoriya. XD

This was a really good start to this new arc. Overhaul's tactics and his way to killing Magne makes him very dangerous. I predict this arc will be rather brutal in someways...
Oct 19, 2019 6:14 AM

Nov 2014
I like that conflict on villains side. It gives them chance to gain more character beyond being just bad guys.
Oct 19, 2019 6:25 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I liked how Overhau went to the league of Villains and started flexing on them. He clearly has a plan to take over the league of villains while their current leader does not know what his next move will be. Once again Midoriya is doing to much to impress Nighteye by doing an impression of All Might and he was not amused.
Oct 19, 2019 6:29 AM

Nov 2017
It took this show 3 whole seasons to kill a named character. And of course it's the one hardly anyone cares about.

Nebula42 said:

The villains are so weak that at this point I'm rooting for them just because they seem like the biggest underdogs.
Oct 19, 2019 6:30 AM

Jul 2012
That was an interesting fight. Curious now as to what Overhaul's quirk might be.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2019 6:34 AM

Sep 2017
the intro of overhaul and his theme really glorious, cant wait to see lot of him and his evil plans ahead
Oct 19, 2019 6:35 AM

Feb 2018
I'm glad bones wasn't afraid to show that much blood with relatively no censorship. This is going to get good.
Oct 19, 2019 6:36 AM

Sep 2017
Ashhk said:
Don't really liked the first 10 minutes because I don't care of the villains in this anime to be honest.
The second part with Izuku and Mirio was great.
ehh im the opposite of you, i like the villain vs heroes part more than heroes academy part lol

Nebula42 said:
totally agree, i like this arc when the villain finally killed someone important and gives no shit about it

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
MonkeyDHunterOct 19, 2019 8:21 AM
Oct 19, 2019 6:59 AM
Jun 2017
THE REASON WHY I AM EXCITED ABOUT THIS NEW SEASON OF BNHA S4- the league of villains and the big 3...

and this episode we have overhaul vs shigaraki etc... and i am loving that one as it has shown how powerful overhaul is... yeah!!!

and that midoriya's face copying all for one is hahaha...

im looking forward to next episode..
Oct 19, 2019 7:07 AM
Oct 2015
Mike4992 said:
I forgot how Mirio’s face is similar to Vault Boy’s from the Fallout series.

Literally my thoughts.

Good Episode though. Overhaul clearly have some "Killmonger" vibes.
Oct 19, 2019 7:10 AM

Feb 2019
that was an exciting episode, new villain seems cool and stronkk
sad that the trans girl died tho, but it was cute that toga called her big sis uwu
Oct 19, 2019 7:10 AM
Jan 2017
Nebula42 said:

If you want to see more villains this season and the next one was made for you
Oct 19, 2019 7:21 AM

Nov 2015
I skipped the 1st episode 😏

James-LastOmnic said:

Anyway Magnet was useless, no one likes him, I don't even know what the shit was this 30 secs backstory coming totally out of nowhere to give audience emotions for him an instant before he got brutally IMPLODED by OverHaul.

Magne is a female. A trans female. So *Her* not him
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Oct 19, 2019 7:32 AM

Oct 2009
What on earth did just happen there... that bit at the beginning with the villains and new guy was a little confusing. (Not so much the "what happened" side, but rather the "how did all that happen" side.) The villains themselves, though, are still as disturbing as I remember them, so kudos for that?

Denki absentmindedly petting Ojiro's tail in the middle of the classroom, during a class, is hilarious. Even more so Ojiro not even flinching at it - just how used the guy is to that?? :D

But geeeeeez, Nighteye always being called "sir" is just... a completely different kind of disturbing. On one hand, it sounds plain silly to me. On the other, I cannot shake off the connotations. Please let him have a proper name. Something. Anything.
Oct 19, 2019 7:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Holy fudge, this was a glorious episode! Intense, and some of the new soundtracks (especially the one during Overhaul's introduction) were an pleasure absolutely to have in company, as expected from the prodigy Yuki Hayashi!

Overhaul's meeting with Shigaraki, yikes that was legit fire! So awesome and the VA was on the top of the mark too, this is why I love BnHA! Good lord, Overhaul's freaky quirk though but Shigaraki didn't back down either which was pretty cool to see! I wonder what Shigaraki will do about this next.

And back to UA, we are! Bakugou's short elation was hilarious but he ought to be thankful to the school for not confiscating this chance for real lol. Mirio really is a fun character and it was good to see him supporting Midoriya. Midoriya's perfect impersonation though lmfao, how's that not funny xD?

Midoriya's little recap to the past though sure rekindled a few feelings. Solid answer as a result of it, I was quite impressed as well. Looks like this sidekick will be a handful but pretty sure things will work out just fine so looking forward to that. Surprised we have't seen that little girl with the horn yet, I can't wait to meet her!

Awesome start to the Season! Saturdays are going to be a blessing but the wait a tough one for sure.

Plus Ultra!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 19, 2019 8:01 AM

Mar 2016
Introducing a new villain, (which will probably be a McGuffin) and sidelining the old ones when we already have an anti-hero sort of sounds like impulsive writing to me.
The plot is going to get dragged through the mud it seems.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 19, 2019 8:04 AM

Apr 2019
Overhaul sure made Shigaraki's group seem like a joke. I heard things are gonna get real dark from here so I'm looking forward to it. It's really great to see Deku start to stop aspiring too much to become someone like All Might.
Oct 19, 2019 8:18 AM

Nov 2012
Great episode can't wait for the rest of this season, love the design of the new villain but still found myself routing for the league of villains in their clash. Sir knighteye looks cool and his design reminds me of Knov from Hunter X Hunter. Excited to see Midoriya work with Tintin at his agency !
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Oct 19, 2019 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
Overhaul greatness arc begins
Oct 19, 2019 8:27 AM

Oct 2019
Now that's an espisode!
that fight between villains (/˘▾˘)/
Oct 19, 2019 8:53 AM

Aug 2018
MY IMPRESSIONS

Superb episode. Fantastic art and animation and pacing. People complain about the art. It is different not bad. The same is happening with the manga. I approve. Magne had the flashback with that trans guy. If you rewatch S3 he made a cameo. The flash back gave exposition of her reasoning for being in the LoV. Similar to toga and other certain characters in that arc in the manga, you know the one. I see a lot of complaints about this season and arc most of which are subjective or lies. Armchair critics of the highest level. I will put to rest a lot of them over the seasons run.
Oct 19, 2019 9:05 AM

Jul 2014
Overhaul is awesome! I am now honestly more interested in the villain side rather than the hero side, much more interesting and dark.
Magne dying caught me off guard, didnt expect that he'd get a backstory out of nowhere tho, nonetheless couldn't care less, he didn't really stick out that much compared to his teammates, but I am glad to see more deaths! bloody deaths at that!!! hope we get to see more of the villain side.
Oct 19, 2019 9:09 AM

May 2016
Awesome first part that kill was really fast.

I don't like Knighteye typical type of character.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
Apr 23, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.