Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 10, 2019 5:24 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Such a perfect finale to the arc! T_T

Thank you so much, Sensei for letting me enjoy this manga unlike anything else! T_T

The 'New Game' begins...
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 12, 2019 2:01 PM

Apr 2015
Really love the development the series is taking, at least they are having such a healthy relationship which is pretty refreshing.

Jun 13, 2019 6:18 PM

Sep 2010
It will take time, but Kaguya and Miyuki will gradually learn more and more about each other.

I look forward to the 'New Game' arc (and their first date)!

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jun 13, 2019 6:24 PM
May 2018
ahhhhh what a great ending to this arc man.
can't wait for the next arc
“If to be truthful is to be cruel, then lying must surely be an act of kindness. And so, kindness is a lie.”
Jun 13, 2019 6:49 PM

Feb 2018
Wow that was a great way to end the arc damn. I'm absolutely satisfied with these developments, Kaguya with the ribbons is finally back.

I'm very curious to know what the New game arc is about can't wait for it
Jun 13, 2019 7:36 PM
Mar 2015
A kiss Hand holding honest talk about their feelings and a promised date
Jun 13, 2019 8:12 PM

Sep 2014
Nice chapter. I'm starting to miss to insane comedy this series used to have though. Curious to see where things will go from here.
Jun 13, 2019 8:36 PM

Sep 2011
This was so heartwarming i could barely handle it

FlamepriesT said:
Nice chapter. I'm starting to miss to insane comedy this series used to have though. Curious to see where things will go from here.
the earlier parts of this arc were over the top, im sure we will be going back to that now they just needed to handle this massive status quo change with some grace

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 13, 2019 9:02 PM

Jan 2011
Hnng, how does this continue to be so good?
Jun 13, 2019 9:18 PM

Apr 2018
Huge development I love it! What a great way to end the ice arc. So heart warming. I wonder when the others will know about their relationship
Jun 13, 2019 9:26 PM

Jan 2018
Aka is going through every single point to perfection, this manga is just incredible I will not say no more.
Jun 13, 2019 9:32 PM
Jan 2017
I don't care anymore. ..
What the hell is creatures. .
Jun 13, 2019 9:51 PM

Feb 2013
Other romcoms just can't compete. They goin on that new game+ damn
Jun 13, 2019 9:53 PM

Jan 2018
Maybe I'm the only one who feels so awkward reading these kinds of things that i've to close my eyes for 5 minutes every panel.

Well, let the date begin.
Jun 13, 2019 10:01 PM
Sep 2018
Just hope they announce a season 2 for the anime that covers up until the end of the school festival Arc or more.
Jun 13, 2019 10:08 PM

Sep 2018
Aka-sensei you did it again! Amazing end of this arc, they are finally dating!!! But whats going on with our man Ishigami at his Christmas party? Cant wait for next chapter as always!
well that's just my opinion.....
Jun 13, 2019 11:14 PM
Jan 2015
What looked to be an unpleasant arc to begin with, turned into something quite special.
My Queens

Jun 13, 2019 11:40 PM

Jun 2015
It is nice that they are opening up a little with each other.
:)
Jun 13, 2019 11:42 PM

Jul 2015
What a way to end this arc, this was such a great step on their relationship! Akasaka never stops delivering.
Jun 14, 2019 12:10 AM

Feb 2019
Finallyyy. I'm so satisfied ;A;
owkey
Jun 14, 2019 12:12 AM

Aug 2018
i'm so happy with this chapter. finally it's happening!

Jun 14, 2019 1:04 AM

Jan 2017
Well, that's the end of the arc.

I... didn't enjoy it. Not at all. To me, it felt like the characters I'd spent over a hundred chapters learning to love were replaced with entirely different ones who happened to look the same. I don't like Ice Kaguya, I don't like Shirogane's deep and edgy backstory, I don't like how they backtracked over and denied the festival confession arc. The only chapter I've liked in a long time was the Fujiwara Pagan New Christmas Year, because it actually felt like a Kaguya-sama chapter to me.

It's not like I'm dropping the manga. Hopefully we'll see a return to form with the new start and new arc. I'm still hyped to see how Ishigami's oblivious love triangle will work out, and how Maki's going to end up winning it. But... yeah, lately it hasn't been doing it for me.
Jun 14, 2019 2:42 AM

Mar 2015
>when an arc ending amazingly satisfying, but the preview for next arc is ominous

FFS AUTHOR
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 14, 2019 4:22 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty nice end of the arc, in the end it was dragging out quite a lot. Another first kiss, very cute. Always liked Judge Kaguya =/
So now NG+ starts ...
Jun 14, 2019 5:28 AM

Sep 2011
Shirai-chan said:
Huge development I love it! What a great way to end the ice arc. So heart warming. I wonder when the others will know about their relationship
Thats probably the thing im most interested in seeing, is how they let everyone else know

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 14, 2019 7:17 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Most manga suck at romance, but every now and again, this one gets it right. Heartwarming chapter.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 14, 2019 8:24 AM
Mar 2019
Maurice_5 said:
Well, that's the end of the arc.

I... didn't enjoy it. Not at all. To me, it felt like the characters I'd spent over a hundred chapters learning to love were replaced with entirely different ones who happened to look the same. I don't like Ice Kaguya, I don't like Shirogane's deep and edgy backstory, I don't like how they backtracked over and denied the festival confession arc. The only chapter I've liked in a long time was the Fujiwara Pagan New Christmas Year, because it actually felt like a Kaguya-sama chapter to me.

It's not like I'm dropping the manga. Hopefully we'll see a return to form with the new start and new arc. I'm still hyped to see how Ishigami's oblivious love triangle will work out, and how Maki's going to end up winning it. But... yeah, lately it hasn't been doing it for me.

I disagree. The point of the festival arc was to show how over the top and over dramatic does NOT necessarily equal true romance. The message was that just being down to earth is far more realistic for a couple to move forward in their relationship. You call it "edgy" but the revelations for Miyuki did more for his character than the entire story so far. Same for Kaguya as well. It doesn't back track on previous developments. It merely added to them.

I can't tell you how to feel but you should consider that the series has moved on from its starting formula a long time ago, really with the Ishigami arc. The mind games at the start were certainly fun but that would have gotten old pretty quick if there was never any progress. The author has proven that he's capable of writing both comedy and serious scenarios well.

Truthfully I feel the Ice Kaguya arc started a bit rocky but I had faith it would be worth it and bring development for both Kaguya and Miyuki and I was not disappointed. My expectations were actually surpassed with the recent chapters.
Jun 14, 2019 10:03 AM

Jan 2018
this is big, this is legit, and this is realistic. No bullshit at all, just them talking about how they're willing to accept each other despite their downsides. A perfect finale for this arc. props to the author
Jun 14, 2019 12:48 PM
May 2017
Finally...After what it felt like 3000 years
Jun 14, 2019 2:00 PM

Jan 2017
GoldenUmi said:
I disagree. The point of the festival arc was to show how over the top and over dramatic does NOT necessarily equal true romance. The message was that just being down to earth is far more realistic for a couple to move forward in their relationship. You call it "edgy" but the revelations for Miyuki did more for his character than the entire story so far. Same for Kaguya as well. It doesn't back track on previous developments. It merely added to them.

The point of the festival arc was for these two idiots to finally fess up and tell each other straight-up how they felt. Which, more or less, it achieved. The climax was over the top, it was dramatic, and it was fucking fantastic. I was more than satisfied with that being the confession point and the point of change for this relationship, because it felt earned. This... no. It might be more 'realistic' (for whatever that's worth in a manga where Shirogane is a functioning human who manages to hit the back of his own head while spiking a volleyball), but it's not as good a story. The festival confession was the climax the manga had been building up to, and this arc has backtracked and undercut it - it's really not deniable.

And I still don't like the character developments. They were fine, as-written, for over a hundred chapters. Did more for Shirogane's character? What needed to be done? And why on earth was 'let's give him a tragic backstory' the best way of doing it? I was perfectly happy with his drive to succeed coming from his own pride, drive to improve his lot in life, and will to stay ahead of Kaguya like it has been ever since the start; there was no need to add anything on top of that.

I can't tell you how to feel but you should consider that the series has moved on from its starting formula a long time ago, really with the Ishigami arc. The mind games at the start were certainly fun but that would have gotten old pretty quick if there was never any progress. The author has proven that he's capable of writing both comedy and serious scenarios well.

You seem to have me mistaken. You seem to think I'm complaining about the series moving on from its mind-game roots. I can see how you'd think that, given how I say that in my pos...

...no, wait, I didn't say that anywhere in my post at all. Guess you're just putting words in my mouth!

I'm fine with the serious character arcs. I loved Ishigami's story. I'm fine with the series not being about mind games any more. That's why I only started souring on this manga with this arc - where Kaguya becomes unrecognisable and Shirogane is given a dark past and self-loathing issues for no reason. Serious is fine. Edge for edge's sake is not.

Aka's built up a lot of trust. It's not like I'm going to stop reading - like I said, I'm hopeful that we're going to see a return to form now that we're on to the next arc. But this has been a blip in an otherwise fantastic manga. If you don't feel that way, I'm genuinely happy for you. But you're not changing my mind on this.
Maurice_5Jun 14, 2019 3:05 PM
Jun 14, 2019 7:17 PM

May 2015
Gotta love when people just HAVE to try and find issues where there isn't any...

Jun 14, 2019 7:27 PM

Oct 2011
Maurice_5 said:
The point of the festival arc was for these two idiots to finally fess up and tell each other straight-up how they felt.

Fuck no. If the festival arc confession was the confession, it would have been plain disappointing. Shirogane never confessed. He pussied out and tried dip out of there because they were both going to America together. It was puke level at best.
Jun 14, 2019 11:09 PM
Mar 2019
Maurice_5 said:

.....Long post

Congrats! You know how to be a sarcastic jerk! A cookie for you.

I interpreted your line "because it actually felt like a Kaguya-sama chapter to me." as having an issue with the change in setting throughout the series from its origin. If that isn't true then so be it, but I'd appreciate you not making baseless accusations of me putting words in your mouth when that's a pretty sensible conclusion to come to from that line.

And yes your opinion is your opinion and so be it. I think you're being incredibly petty and either missing the point of what the author was going for or choosing not to see it, but it is what it is.

If you look at these developments now and then look back as the Festival arc, you begin to see what Aka was going for and that this was planned for a while now. If you enjoyed the Festival arc, that's cool. I did as well and even looking at this now I won't say otherwise because it's still a great arc. But when you look at those developments followed immediately by this arc, you begin to see that Aka really intended to dive deeper into Miyuki and Kaguya.

I'm not sure why you're so opposed to a more realistic development for these characters just because the manga contains gag elements. Or why you think it's "being edgy to be edgy" when the hints for these developments have in fact been there from the start. What we learned about Miyuki isn't entirely out of nowhere. Sure we didn't know all the details and how deep it was but he's shown signs of self-doubt around Kaguya and a lack of sleep due to obsessive studying from the beginning that was hidden through jokes. But it's been there.And likewise the "masks" of Kaguya have been greatly hinted as well throughout the series so "Ice Kaguya" was not really something that shocking.

Of course my preferred Kaguya will always be Base Kaguya no matter what and I can understand people not liking Ice Kaguya but her presence opened the doors for a lot of upcoming content I feel.

Jun 15, 2019 4:41 AM

Sep 2011
iasuru said:
Maurice_5 said:
The point of the festival arc was for these two idiots to finally fess up and tell each other straight-up how they felt.

Fuck no. If the festival arc confession was the confession, it would have been plain disappointing. Shirogane never confessed. He pussied out and tried dip out of there because they were both going to America together. It was puke level at best.
also it would of been awful for him mentally cause him trying too hard at the cost of his own health has been a running theme forever now and that overly dramatic confession is a perfect encapsulation of that.
JizzyHitlerJun 15, 2019 11:38 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jun 15, 2019 11:23 AM

Dec 2017
We got some real development in this chapter. Really looking forward to the next one.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Jun 15, 2019 12:58 PM

May 2015
iasuru said:
Maurice_5 said:

You're high. That confession was incredible.

Jun 15, 2019 1:53 PM

Oct 2011
TsukuyomiREKT said:
iasuru said:

nope.

chchfhvhucjfjdjsjdhfjfjfjcjxjdjjf
Jun 15, 2019 1:57 PM

May 2015
iasuru said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

nope.

Yep. It was the best chapter of the series.

Jun 15, 2019 2:05 PM

Oct 2011
TsukuyomiREKT said:
iasuru said:

nope.

i mean ok. good for you
Jun 15, 2019 2:11 PM

May 2015
iasuru said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

i mean ok. good for you

Good for me and almost everyone else.

Jun 15, 2019 11:43 PM

Dec 2014
wow that was so awesome...finally both opening up..never saw that one coming
Jun 16, 2019 1:47 AM

Apr 2017
Page 17 really touched me deep down and I want to understand it in full detail.

What does Aka-sensei really refer to with "And *this* is... (The caricature of a girl's......)"

What does that "this" refer to?
Is it Kaguya's whole representation throughout the manga?

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Jun 16, 2019 3:04 AM

Nov 2013
This was massive! Can't wait to see how things go from now on.
Jun 16, 2019 4:39 AM

Sep 2018
Another beautiful chapter. Perfect end to the arc. Really loving this.
Jun 17, 2019 5:28 AM

Mar 2017
Best chapter after the Dual Confessions arc.

A new arc is starting.
Dec 1, 2019 5:48 AM

Mar 2014
Beautiful conclusion, definitely one of the best chapters so far. Kaguya's character development is insane.. I think Miyuki will try to put down the brave, perfect front sometimes from now on. Their relationship and character development are amazing and incredibly heartwarming <3
Apr 28, 2020 3:02 PM

Feb 2018
Kaguya and Shirogane night date?
May 11, 2020 12:01 AM

May 2016
They’re so cute
Aug 22, 2020 1:25 AM

Dec 2013
Another really sweet chapter and finally good bye to the entire ice Kaguya plot line!
Nov 14, 2021 5:15 AM

Nov 2016
How the mangaka is able to convey the intimate atmosphere is just outsanding. Up to S2 I was thinking of it more as comedy, but now I'm convinced that the rom in rom-com is the real deal.

Too bad this arc didnt show Ishigami's, Tsubame's and Miko's Christmas.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 223 Discussion

NakolHira - Apr 5, 2021

47 by thicdicdaddy27 »»
Apr 19, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 281 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lezet - Oct 29, 2022

251 by SrRoses »»
Mar 4, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2015

11 by daywithoutgames »»
Mar 1, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 251 Discussion

Depal2 - Jan 25, 2022

35 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Feb 20, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

16 by MeyerDitt »»
Feb 6, 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.