Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 9, 2019 9:27 PM

Jan 2019
I was honestly expecting them to bomb, but I'm happy that it turned out well. That song was great and it was nice to see Tuesdays brother acknowledge her and realize that maybe she's doing what's best for her at the moment. Really enjoyed this episode and looking forward to the next, I wanna know who was on the phone!
"WHERE DAT SUNFLOWER BOI AT?"

May 9, 2019 11:28 PM

May 2015
"There are few jobs that are looking for human help. AIs do most of the work." Eww...that doesn't sound good in the future...

AI pets that get depressed? Couldn't they just remove the depression part out of their program?

Hehe, recordings don't work. Gotta do it live!

Angela's singing was good, but I do feel that there is something missing to it...

What the...where did Tuesday's luggage come from?

It sounds like they're singing a gospel. The theme of the song is similar to Angela's but it's much calmer. Tuesday's brother seems to want to leave her alone and allow her to pursue her dreams as a singer. Roddy convinces club owner Beth to allow Carole and Tuesday to perform, and just as she was about to light her cigarette, she avoids doing so throughout the entire performance and just holds her lighter there. Welp, that means that they have her approval. And this is where Carole and Tuesday's rise to fame starts.
May 10, 2019 12:59 AM

Mar 2014
DatRandomDude said:
I swear, there's still something about Gus's voice like its badly mixed or something, compared to the others, and its a little bit annoying for me.

Outside of that tho, loved that episode.

Ya, same here. I've caught it only on two episodes though.
May 10, 2019 1:29 AM
Nov 2018
rodac said:
Fayrin said:

...Well, something finally worked out thanks to Roddy, but I did feel bad for Gus being dragged on the floor like that to be thrown out. Marie was kind and helped them out with the MV, but this was the only thing his connections managed to do so far. But who knows? It's strange that someone would call Beth to talk to him. Maybe that was her venue's phone, but it is still weird that they would call him there and right when they were playing, I got curious.

And the scenes with Angela, her mama and Tao were nice too I guess, th being more fleshed out. On one side we have Carole and Tuesday struggling to pay basic bills, on the other one we have Angela having millions invested on her after a single demonstration. I don't know, it's a nice and stark contrast I guess. Can't wait for more, things are moving.
If Gus's old friend is the canny businessperson he's supposed to be, he might well have someone check up on where his talent is playing. The live music scene is small enough in this city that everyone involved will pretty much know everyone else.

As for Angela's "Mama", I would be surprised if there is any family relationship involved. I took it as a courtesy title for her manager, and a somewhat indirect reference to the same title being used for female bar or brothel owners. I also somewhat doubt that Mama being Angela's mother is biologically possible (confirmed by Tao's comments).

A good cliffhanger to end on too. What will Tuesday's brother do now? Why did he watch and leave? Who was on the phone to Gus? And when will there be romance? And between who? I'm ready for things to start rolling...

I also think that it might be almost impossible for Mama to be Angela's mother but i wanted to say that Tao doesn't decide if it's true or not that she is her mother, it might be possible for her to be Angela's mama.
May 10, 2019 2:30 AM

Mar 2017
Never fails to amaze me with new songs every time.

Phone call: Omae wa mou shindeiru
Gus: NANI?!
May 10, 2019 3:11 AM
Apr 2019
HereticHunter said:
Thank God Tuesday's brother didn't interrupt them and didn't force her to go back home. That was what worried me the most in this episode. I liked the new song, hope they make more and more. (Also, is it just me or does this anime looks way better each week?)

In my opinion, Spencer should threats Tuesday to go home with him after their performance is over, in order to spice up the conflicts between the characters.
TheUnknownKnownMay 10, 2019 4:43 AM
May 10, 2019 4:23 AM

Jan 2013
Amazing. I haven't been moved from an anime in a loooong time.

That old man by the apartment ain't no snitch! But the brother seems like a good person.

Also how does Rody have so many connections?
May 10, 2019 6:56 AM

May 2017
loved every single song that has been played so far. Goosebumps everytime. Really enjoying this.

Btw lol Ertegun is the AI of Roddy? lol. that means Roddy is rich as fuck or not?
shayed__May 10, 2019 7:06 AM
May 10, 2019 7:34 AM
Jan 2019
Great episode ❤😀.
1. I was thrilled to see that the episode was titled "Every Breath You Take" by The Police.
2.Mr. Tao is a crack, he has great connections. Gus also has great friends, the bad thing is that they do not accept your requests. LOL.
3. I admit, Angela sings well. The big difference between her and Carole & Tuesday is her great pride.
4.The landlord is a reliable type 😅. He did not give up Tuesday.
5. "I could not find the words to explain how great they are", "When I saw his presentation I felt something was about to change", "The truth is, I've only been excited since I heard them play for the first time" "I was there "... Roddy is great, he's a great and good boy 😀. He is a good friend to Carole & Tuesday.
6. Tuesday's suitcase returned 😂.
7. Tuesday's brother makes a nice guy. I'm glad you left her alone.
8. Carole & Tuesday did a wonderful first concert 👏, I loved their song "One day I'll find the way home" ❤. The truth is that I can not help but smile sincerely at heart when I hear them sing. They are great.

Apparently, something big is coming in the next episode. I'm excited.
May 10, 2019 9:09 AM

May 2015
I know it's kind of a minor thing, but I really love the fact the Carole's brother didn't stop the performance and try to force her to come home. Props to him for just standing there and listening. He actually seems like a good dude who is just going along with their mother's demands because he has to, not because he wants to.

May 10, 2019 10:02 AM

May 2015
I just love the music in this show!
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit
May 10, 2019 11:03 AM

Jan 2018

this is me watching their story unfolding...
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
May 10, 2019 11:23 AM

Apr 2009
TsukuyomiREKT said:
I know it's kind of a minor thing, but I really love the fact the Carole's brother didn't stop the performance and try to force her to come home. Props to him for just standing there and listening. He actually seems like a good dude who is just going along with their mother's demands because he has to, not because he wants to.

Totally agree! I'm glad the show doesn't go the usual way in making Spencer the older sibling who just obeys his mother and drags her back. Though I imagine that the mother or her identity as the future president's daughter could be some obstacles for their career.
May 10, 2019 11:36 AM

Aug 2018
Cool episode, I'm glad they managed to perform somewhere (though the lyrics seemed a bit simple but the instru was good).

And cool thing that the bro did not show up to ruin things up, I was worried he would do so.
May 10, 2019 12:01 PM

Feb 2007
Was half expecting the brother to storm the stage and drag her away, but looks like instead he decided that she was exactly where she needed to be and dropped the plan to bring her home.
May 10, 2019 1:04 PM

Aug 2017
Carole and Tuesday are working hard and taking small steps at a time to make it big, whereas the celeb simply used her connections to jump straight to the point of making a super hit song along with millions of funds to promote her, which simply makes her sound like a fame rotted teen despite actually having an amazing talent.

Carole and Tuesday are genuinely creating music with all their hearts and I simply cannot stop listening to their songs they're so good.

Speaking of them, Carole is such a cutie! 😍❤
May 10, 2019 2:51 PM

May 2015
Wow, just wow. I kinda let my guard down with recent goofy episodes but this was quite something.

While it was interesting to finally hear Angela, her performance wasn't bad indeed but listening to C&T gave me goosebumps! Yes, I totally believe the reaction they had from those ten people, especially Roddy.

The ones who wrote the songs nailed it perfectly with how different Angela and the girls sounded, both were good but Angela truly pales in comparison. It's hard to explain but it's just not about picking up with ears but with your heart, just like Roddy said.

And I knew her brother is genuinely worried and cares for her wellbeing and wouldn't just force her to go home. But there's still the strict mother, so more drama on this part will surely come.
May 10, 2019 8:55 PM

Apr 2008
I don't know if it's just me but did anyone pick up audio/microphone issues with Gus' V/A? He sounded flat and it's a bit jarring listening to him in this episode alone. Otherwise, this episode was phenomenal!
May 11, 2019 7:22 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
wakawakalypse said:
DatRandomDude said:
I swear, there's still something about Gus's voice like its badly mixed or something, compared to the others, and its a little bit annoying for me.

Outside of that tho, loved that episode.

Ya, same here. I've caught it only on two episodes though.

Oh yeah, me too it was only in 2 episodes that i had this problem
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 11, 2019 8:38 AM

Jun 2016
Far more substantial episode than the last two! But, they had their merits and by having failures along the way it makes things feel more real and earned so I'm sure they'll be worth it in the long run. A lot went on this time, huh, and they made actual progress on making it big!

So, Roddy made the AI that Ertegun uses, I think we were introduced to him and Ertegun talking about it. So, maybe it's already established but he is quite famous for making AI it seems which all the more makes him helping Carole and Tuesday get popular that much more special. I was wondering why he was helping them especially after his treatment last episode, whether it was that he just liked the girls or what, but that was naive of me. He, like Gus, feels they are something special and despite being more subdued about it wants to make sure they succeed. It's sweet and it was love at first hear when he first recorded them! His role is making more sense and his monologue was great.

Roddy's exploration made me think of the group dynamic. Gus is so charming to me, in fact the scene where the AI wouldn't let him in and what followed was one of my favorite parts of the episode. The second they wouldn't let him in I knew he would try to fake them out so when he did I laughed really hard. He's quite interesting because he's a washed up alcoholic who isn't the man he used to be but the drive that allowed him to thrive when he was young is still there. He constantly guides everyone forward and doesn't take no for an answer, and despite his failures and his brash behavior, that is his strength. He is the guiding force of the girls career and Roddy is where the means for how they grow comes from. He's the original filmer, he's the one who got them the gig, he has ties to Ertegun and borrowed his car, and maybe he set up their meeting with Ertegun to begin with as that would be likely but I can't be bothered to double check that. Roddy really is quite powerful all things considered! And then we have the contrasting talent, Carole and Tuesday. They are a fun group!

So, Gus wants to get them on the rookie stage at a festival but they need to have some musical history. Therefore, Roddy getting them a gig at one of the few independent music clubs, from what I think Beth said, means they have some history that Hofner can confirm! Perhaps Beth called him up and that's why Gus took the phone at the end of the episode. Things are lining up and all of our team is being quite helpful. The song they made this episode was my favorite they've done yet too and I liked how the brother seemed to accept the happiness Carole has found! Even then, the landlord was a total homie to lie to him.

Some small notes:
  • Angela reminded me of Evangelion's Asuka this episode, it's the smugness of her and her desire to prove to everyone how great she is. It was specifically her confidence before singing to get the investment that made me think this.
  • The very first thing I wondered this episode was how the heck are they paying rent?! And the power was cut. It was charming.
  • The line about having to keep AI pets happy by taking them for walks was another nice bit of AI world building.
  • And finally, I adore Gus and Hofner's relationship, they definitely seemed like old friends. The way Hofner comically rejected Gus's threat was hilarious and kinda sweet. He was ready for it, he knows how Gus works.
May 11, 2019 3:21 PM
May 2019
Another great episode in the book. I'm enjoying everything about this anime, even the tidbits that don't contribute to the main plot. Hopefully it continues rising.
May 11, 2019 5:26 PM

Feb 2019
Angela's voice gave me chills. Like, wow

So we finally see Tuesday's brother, im glad he understands his sister's dream
May 11, 2019 9:31 PM

Jun 2015
i really love roddy. he's been nothing but upright helpful to the both of them, and gives all of his support the moment they have a plan for something. i suspect that he might become a love interest, but i hope they won't just budge that in where it isn't due.
the fact that tuesday's brother didn't interrupt the performance was really nice too, i think he sees what his sister is after and might not be the obstacle he seemed to be.
May 11, 2019 10:13 PM

Jun 2013
I hope to see more of Tuesday's brother in next episode. He seems like a good guy.

Honestly, my favorite part of the episode was Tuesday's luggage finding its way to her at Carole's apartment. That was freaking adorable. Does that luggage count as an AI pet of sorts? It had a funny low-battery face when Tuesday hugged it.

I am actually excited to see Angela become a performer and famous, I think competition, in ways, can make a person better (or worse) and bring out their true character. I want to see if Carole and Tuesday will become better friends, ruin their friendship or will Mars have some problem towards the end of series. I hope there will be some sci-fi drama too.
臭い-
May 11, 2019 11:16 PM
Sep 2018
Man I'm just so surprised with how much better each episode is (not that any are bad) just the feeling I get every week watching the new ep is crazy and my emotions change every scene. I fucking love this anime. Btw big bro did us a favor by not stepping in, I was waiting for him to step in for so long but he didn't
May 11, 2019 11:23 PM

Jun 2011
Aw man, why did it have to end on a cliffhanger???
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
May 12, 2019 12:56 AM
Jul 2018
Another fantastic episode, they managed to flesh out Carole's brother so much without him saying much, you can tell he really cares for his sister

Props to old man for not spoiling Carole's location and Carole's brother(idk his name) for not saying anything, then leaving after the performance is over
May 12, 2019 1:30 AM

Dec 2014
such a great series...it is good to see the journey...they have such beautiful voices
May 16, 2019 4:42 PM

Mar 2009
You'd think with a show so focused on music the songs would be more inspired, but the performances and music have been rather dull.
May 16, 2019 9:08 PM

Feb 2015
I think that the episode overall was ok, but I totally disliked Tuesday’s tear scene, it looked awful.

Mod edit: Refrain from writing episode summaries.
DeadlyRavenMay 20, 2019 8:01 PM
May 16, 2019 10:42 PM

Dec 2016
Beautiful songs this episode, glad to see everyone was cheering for our girls
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 17, 2019 8:22 AM

Feb 2014
Angie did sing a good song but Carole and Tuesday had more heart to theirs.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 18, 2019 4:29 AM
May 2019
AHHH a new song!! It's so good!! 😭❤
May 21, 2019 2:47 PM

Dec 2015
This whole episode just made me feel happy overall, I really liked their performance at the end, and how everyone started applauding. The fact that her brother left was a super nice touch too!

Also, can we just take a moment to appreciate the names of the places where the trains are heading? Really minor detail, but very cool!
May 22, 2019 10:38 AM

Aug 2013
This was a good episode.

Carole & Tuesday had their first performance with a new song which was nice.

May 22, 2019 10:43 AM

Sep 2011
DatRandomDude said:
No its not you, in episode 3 and this one there is something seriously wrong with the recording quality. I genuinely dont know how they fucked that one up cause I've never seen such a blatant error in an anime before, I was more forgiving of it when it was just ep 3 but now we got a 2nd one and I guess its gonna happen again so I really want to know what the heck went wrong.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 24, 2019 8:36 PM
Aug 2015
I can’t get over how much I’m an absolutely falling in love with this show more and more after every single episode! I like pathetically cried during the closing song of this one....😅
May 25, 2019 2:55 PM

Aug 2017
Angela's voice was great! I guess she will be a future rival for Carole and Tuesday.

It seems that Tuesday's brother is a nice guy after all. At least he didn't interrupt them lol.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 9, 2019 7:43 AM
Apr 2016
Their first performance is here! They did a great job, I'm sure those 10 will never forget that performance. It's so sweet how Tuesday's brother walked away after hearing her perform beautifully.
Jun 17, 2019 3:29 PM
Mar 2018
Wow, I loved their performance. I'm going to be honest though, I didn't like Angela's singing so much. It doesn't really suit her (although sure, it was just a practice or whatever to get that money). I'm still not a fan of the songs not syncing up with their mouths, either... but I'm loving the progress so far. I think I almost teared up, but I'm sensitive around this time, hah. I'm here for the plot, aesthetic, and character development/relationships, but not really for the music as much ironically.
anoncologyJun 17, 2019 3:36 PM
Jul 28, 2019 7:52 PM

Jul 2016
Roddy saying he's Carole & Tuesday's number one fan was sweet. Really liking his character so far.

Another great episode. The performance was my favorite part without a doubt, such a beautiful song indeed.

And of course, Angela's acapella song was nice as well but I personally still prefer C&T's one. Their lyrics feel more moving if I'm honest.
Aug 7, 2019 5:04 PM

Nov 2018
This had a similar charm to it like the first two episodes. Really liked it.
Sep 18, 2019 12:12 PM

Mar 2010
Ohh the song of carole and tuesday was great, chills down my spine!

Angela is ok but seems to lack something. Maybe its done on purpose to show passion vs fame driven ? Cause angela just wants fame and acknowledgement from her mom whereas carole and tuesday really enjoy it.

The atmosphere of the bar they performed at was also perfect, suited them.
Oct 16, 2019 11:50 PM

Jun 2009
It can't be just me who thinks Gus' voice sounds strange, can it? I mean the actual sound quality. It's so weird...

Also not gonna lie...Angela's singing voice is terrible.
Nov 23, 2019 3:22 PM

Jul 2015
So far the brother shows signs of actually caring for tuesday in contrast to their mother, I hope he is going to continue tuesday's decision of doing music

Damn that song at the end, got the goosebumps from it, don't get that often when listening to songs

Dec 2, 2019 5:39 AM

Mar 2015
That new song was quite nice I thought!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 17, 2020 7:18 PM

Jun 2015
Yay, first live performance. That new music is not bad. But Angela's singing is... peculiar.
I thought Tuesday's brother would interrupt her there.
The cliffhanger at the end.
Also, what is the relationship between Tao and that Schwartz guy, hmmm
Switch_ZJan 17, 2020 7:27 PM
May 6, 2020 3:37 AM

Jul 2013
suitcase came back, epic moment
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Nov 16, 2022 3:48 PM

Oct 2022
That speech by Roddy about bragging rights about "being there", perfectly says the feeling of seeing real talent when it first appears, and knowing it will succeed with just a little more hard work....
Jan 25, 8:45 PM
Feb 2015
Spencer know his sister will find her way home, Roddy our biggest suporter of Carol and Tuesday ,good job on him. Love the new song.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2019

212 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 28, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

73 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 27, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

82 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 25, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

77 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

85 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 7:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.