Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 5 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 9, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ren is really starting to get close to Willem now.

Episode was pretty relaxing until Chtholly had a chilling vision in her head.
Also I feel like that wolf girl acted somewhat tsundere towards Willem lol. Another hug this episode but this time, it's Chtholly who initates but also shows her more fragile side. I think at this point, she really does care about Willem, a lot. They better keep their promise!
May 9, 2017 9:00 AM

Dec 2014
Chtholly openly admitting her feelings for the first time <3
Didn't expect them to show part of the fight this episode. However when she started to have the encroachment things got sad fast T_T also holy crap her voice is scary! Btw that wasn't all there was to it, next week they are going to show more (from ep6's preview), as well as the first chapter of vol2 they skipped last week.

The annihilation order was a lot more fun to see with the voices; but they changed how Willem and co. dealt with them. In the novel Willem got throught the situation with words (and a couple of threats~). However they managed to show how he did want to have a fight, so I don't dislike this version. Also, slap #2 Get.

Great Sage's name got mentioned, Souwong Kandel. They changed the dialog a bit afterwards and I've to say I prefer the anime's version. Didn't like how Chtholly and Willem left each other in the novel, he was basically a dick. Good thing they cut the ep where they did :')
Lastly I'm so happy he got to punch the bastard bunny in the anime!! Or he did in the novel too? I was too pissed at the time to pay attention to it.
I'm VERY happy about how they adapted this part, good job.

Ahh so many potential Kuto's gifs this week. Ty satelight <3

This week's intro and op scenes, directly from Chtholly's mind:
http://imgur.com/a/pwQ2L

AnathorMay 9, 2017 9:14 AM
May 9, 2017 9:24 AM

Apr 2013
Ah, so they did that flashback scene that way in the anime, why not.
First time we can hear the voice of the youngest seiyuu from this cast (7 years old, she's a first grader x) ). She actually had quite a few lines in this episode already.

lol at the "défense de dégringoler" warning everywhere xD. One of funniest warning I ever saw in French.

That fraud of a fight and the global arrestation afterwards was funny.
Some nice romantic scenes afterwards too.

ooooww that last one wasn't a slap, that must have hit the poor bunny guy quite hard. Did he hit the bunny in the novels? Definitely possible but I don't really remember it.
Anathor said:
Chtholly openly admitting her feelings for the first time <3

Wouldn't say that considering she asked for a kiss at the 2nd episode and was openly disappointed at not being allowed to ask for stuff like mariage at episode 3.
If anything it's more Willem who's is openly talking about his feelings for all of this for the first time since the beginning here.
ZefyrisMay 9, 2017 9:34 AM
May 9, 2017 9:35 AM

Oct 2012
Dialogues were cut and merged throughout but the bunny guy still got hit lol
I like Kutori's vision + the little girl's voice.
May 9, 2017 9:36 AM

Dec 2014
Zefyris said:

Wouldn't say that considering she asked for a kiss at the 2nd episode and was openly disappointed at not being allowed to ask for stuff like mariage at episode 3.
If anything it's more Willem who's is openly talking about his feelings for all of this for the first time since the beginning here.

Well the kiss wasn't asked because she was in love with him. The marriage talk in ep3 got butchered in the anime :/
Anyway what I meant, with that sentence, is that she openly said for the first time that she was in love with him "恋してますから"
May 9, 2017 9:39 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Did Wilheim hear her say "I love you"?

Other than that, this was a pretty chill, cute and fun episode and I LOVED every bit of it.....And why do I feel like the kid that Holly kept hearing is someone either from the past or future? Or maybe that's the villain?

Curious to know who this guy is that Wil is going to talk to though
May 9, 2017 9:40 AM

Oct 2016
Cut, cut, cut everything cut out. I can't get used to this, after all.
May 9, 2017 9:47 AM

Jan 2015
Mmmmmh, it was the weakest episode so far.

Nice last scene
May 9, 2017 9:49 AM

Mar 2016
Lmao they made willem punch the bunny. He didn't do it in the novel, but he did want to . Lol glad he did. He was quite annoying with his interruption to our main group and ill-timed remarks.
Oh damn, the confession and good byes were handled so well at the end. You never gave her even the "welcome back", willem.
Encroachment is starting for Kutori. Oh God, elq's voice is haunting to say the least .
I really liked how they expanded on the lore of the world and displaying Corna di Luce's folklore, politics, and traditions. Willem using his speed techniques to defeat those knights lol though in the novel he merely threatened them and beat only one of them. But the important thing is the highlight of willem's frustration of not being able to fight or do anything when his people have to sacrifice themselves so he was looking to fight to vent this frustration.
Suwong next episode.
Also the mysterious beasts look a bit creepy too, a bit lovecraftian lol
Shishou_23May 9, 2017 9:56 AM
May 9, 2017 9:50 AM

Mar 2016
It was awesome seeing Chtholly in action! Chtholly is clearly affected by whatever that new beast did to her and had some surprisingly dark visions that are very ominous. It was another nice episode getting to see Willem bond with the girls and at the end hearing Chtholly confession of love for Willem. But then Willem hear a name he can't ignore and it draws him away from the ones he loves...so who is this Souwong Kandel person? I'm interested to see what happens next!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 9, 2017 9:54 AM

Jun 2015
Chtholly saw something very strange when she got close to the new beast. It's been worrying her ever since she got back. Her confession to Willem was very nice. It was funny when he punched the bunny. He heard a name he can't ignore. I wonder who it is.
May 9, 2017 9:58 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yeah, this was the worst episode so far. Really not sure why they have to put in the slice of life/comedy bits again. If stuff was skipped for that then i'm quite baffled.

Last scene was good again. Also Chtolly sees some weird shit, that was quite creepy.
May 9, 2017 10:11 AM

Nov 2013
Pretty "eh" episode as expected, although I admit it is necessary to continue the story...
May 9, 2017 10:13 AM

Jul 2007
Dog Girl is the Best Girl of the show confirmed. Top level design and personality. Literally stole the episode, holy shit.

This episode is a bit tainted by the whole "you must be peaceful no matter" what nonsense which especially is coming at the wrong time in our world when people are shamed for standing up for their rights and demonized for fighting for their rights. It would have worked in the past but now Willem's speech at the start about how "being right does not mean you can resort to violence" feels a bit problematic. Sometimes peaceful speeches and stuff does nothing. I know it is rooted in japanese culture and all, but it is alright to punch a nazi in the face because they won't give you time to talk when the time comes and they come for you just because you are different. Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice. Willem's logic is understandable in many ways of life but not when a matter of one's rights and equality is at question.

I guess I can write that off as Willem being overtly sensitive to the topic, what's with his whole race being dead due to and all. Not to mention he clearly was making up excuses to not deal with the fact that he can't do anything and is frustrated by it, hence why him being allowed to DO something was so glorious and cathartic in regards of his experiences in previous episode. Its a natural continuation of what the viewer and Willem experienced there and I am liking the more aggressive choices Willem is allowed to make in adaptation because he REALLY needed that.

Likewise this episode also helped to expand the lore of the town even more, showing it's customs, traditions and political problems giving us even a bigger window into the world.

Smudy said:
Really not sure why they have to put in the slice of life/comedy bits again.

because slice of life is the focus of this? Its not a fighting show.
May 9, 2017 10:14 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

We actually got a little of the fight, that was nice. Chtholly seems to be having these strange visions, wonder what that's all about?

The slice of life stuff was pretty fun to watch and that little battle against the Annihilation Knight was pretty amusing. Willem sure owned them. xD

The best part of the episode was definitely towards the end with the conversation between Chtholly and Willem.
I really love how Willem talked about how taking care of the girls has slowly been giving him things he thought he lost.

Wonder if Willem heard Chtholly confess her feelings. :o
Now Willem's the one leaving because of some name he heard, looking forward to knowing more about this.
May 9, 2017 10:16 AM

Mar 2016
They didn't skip anything from this chapter in favor of other stuff lol actually they added stuff like the battle scenes should've been next episode. Remember Willem did tell tiat they'd sight seeing again to have her excited and look forward to something cause she seemed tense going in by herself into the facility. And everything happened gave some good world building while being woven into willem's character who was looking for a fight to vent his frustration, and Lilia seems to be getting her deserved screen time next episode.
May 9, 2017 10:24 AM

Jul 2014
Definitely the worst episode so far, but even then there some interesting things here and there, namely those weird visions Chtholly is starting to have and Willem's reaction to that name the bunny guy said; I'm assuming that's someone he knows from the past or something, although how that would work I really don't know? Interesting conversation at the end between Chtholly and Willem as well, and I'm hoping we get more of those after whatever Willem is off to do now.
May 9, 2017 10:28 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That felt a bit off atmospherically. This show keeps jumping between being serious and being light-hearted way too frequently and way too drastically. Just feels jagged
May 9, 2017 10:32 AM

Nov 2013
A pretty uneventful episode until the last quarter kicked in. Despite the lack of interesting stuff during most of the episode, I appreciated how they rearranged some of the scenes (some of the focus on the pointless stuff was still too much) and it was particularly nice how they foreshadowed some stuff, like the encroachment bits or the promise similarities of Willem to Chtholly and Almaria. The Chtholly and Willem moments were easily the best part of the episode (Ren sitting on Willem came 2nd), since apart from highlighting their bond it also showed the psyche of Willem .

Also the kid voicing Elk sounded cute. Nice 1st VA role! ^^

KaitonMay 9, 2017 10:41 AM

May 9, 2017 10:42 AM

Jun 2011
Did he just punch the bunny boy?
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
May 9, 2017 10:57 AM

Aug 2013
Definitely can't agree with anyone who said that it was the worst episode. It is deepening the bonds between characters and viewers even more. I really appreciate something like this.
Btw this is what I call great animation (the beginning).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 9, 2017 10:59 AM

May 2016
Please, can we got back to the taking-care-of-kids/kids-go-to-die-horribly business?

'Cause this is getting dull.
May 9, 2017 11:14 AM

Nov 2016
I should definitely take that animal girl with me the next time I'm gonna eat a Döner Kebab.

That was a pretty sweet episode, Chthollys love confession was a pleasant surprise, but unfortunately for her and Wilhelm both have to be seperated again.

I hope that that promise between them didn't trigger a certain flag..

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 9, 2017 11:26 AM

Jan 2016
This part of the story is a little bit jarring (it was a bit weird in the LNs as well), but in context it's a calm before the oncoming storm. Buckle up everybody, 'cause we're going on a feels trip in the next couple weeks.
May 9, 2017 11:28 AM

Oct 2014
rsc-pl said:
Definitely can't agree with anyone who said that it was the worst episode. It is deepening the bonds between characters and viewers even more. I really appreciate something like this.

Its because people think this has ultra high level battles, when that isn't even the point of the series at all.

Specimen021 said:
Please, can we got back to the taking-care-of-kids/kids-go-to-die-horribly business?

Case in point.
May 9, 2017 11:34 AM

Apr 2013
AsuraDestructor said:
rsc-pl said:

Its because people think this has ultra high level battles, when that isn't even the point of the series at all.

Specimen021 said:

Case in point.

I think most peoples expecting fight already dropped, it's more peoples expecting as much deaths as there's episodes in the show like it was akame ga kill or mahoiku right now, regardless of fights being shown.
May 9, 2017 11:48 AM

Jul 2007
Zefyris said:
AsuraDestructor said:

Case in point.

I think most peoples expecting fight already dropped, it's more peoples expecting as much deaths as there's episodes in the show like it was akame ga kill or mahoiku right now, regardless of fights being shown.

On the contrary plenty of people still bitch that this does not have enough fights, which has to do with what kind of LNs usually get adapted shaping people expectations.
May 9, 2017 11:50 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode as always!
May 9, 2017 11:54 AM

Aug 2013
Did Chtholly confessed while she run pass Willem.

It was good episode. Enjoyed every bit of it. That chef looked like Pacman.

I wanted to see Willem's crying face.

Ahegyao said:
Did he just punch the bunny boy?

Yep. I don't know why but he seemed really annoying.

May 9, 2017 11:55 AM

Dec 2014
Leo_10 said:
Did Chtholly confessed while she run pass Willem.

Watched at super slow speed :p she did move the lips. Also in the LN it was a normal dialogue not inner monologue.
May 9, 2017 12:01 PM

Feb 2016
rsc-pl said:

this time I have to Agree with you, why if there isn't enough development for characters for any event people dislike it, but when there is development for characters people still dislike it?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 9, 2017 12:05 PM

Feb 2016
Fai said:
Zefyris said:

On the contrary plenty of people still bitch that this does not have enough fights, which has to do with what kind of LNs usually get adapted shaping people expectations.

if they are looking for fights they should look at Dragon Ball Super, then they will have shitty non-sensical fights if that's what they are looking for

what pisses me the most is that if there isn't enough development for characters they will insta-Rant, but they'll do the same when they get development... so what the actual fuck?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 9, 2017 12:09 PM

Jan 2017
With this episode, WorldEnd takes the top of my favorites for this season. Maybe even the year.

It seemed so much like a filler episode, but as always they did a great job in keeping you attached.

And of course I'm so glad about Chtolly's confession. After the last episode's ending I was a bit afraid their relationship would take that stereotypical tsundere road.

Btw. does anyone know the number of episodes by now?
May 9, 2017 12:10 PM
Jan 2017
Series like this end up tugging the viewers' heartstrings. This episode is more focused on comedy and lighthearted moments, albeit not losing time to show how much a badass Willem is. The vision Chtholly gets when facing the beast hints at darker things to come; particulary tied to Willem's past.
HeroVladimir93May 9, 2017 12:20 PM
May 9, 2017 12:17 PM
Apr 2012
HeroVladimir93 said:
Series like this end up tugging the viewers' heartstrings. This episode is more focused on comedy and lighthearted moments, albeit not losing time to show how much a badass Willem is. The vision Chtholly gets when facing the beast hints at darker things to come; particulary tied to Glenn's past.

Just wondering, but who the f is Glenn?
May 9, 2017 12:19 PM
Jan 2017
Whoops, I mispelled Willem. Sorry. Thanks for the tip.
May 9, 2017 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
the most random stuff I've ever seen like wtf, poorly written.
May 9, 2017 1:20 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, I like how the storyline alternates between cute and quiet moments for tense scenes like Chtholly's visions, furthermore the characters are becoming more sincere too, at first Ren getting close to Willem, then Willem talking about how he feels in this moment to Chtholly and in the end that scene with Chtholly not wanting to separate from Willem, really a great end, I am more and more excited to follow the anime ..
May 9, 2017 1:30 PM

May 2015
Pretty chill and calm episode, which was a nice change of pace.

Nice episode.

May 9, 2017 2:05 PM
Mar 2016
flack said:
HeroVladimir93 said:
Series like this end up tugging the viewers' heartstrings. This episode is more focused on comedy and lighthearted moments, albeit not losing time to show how much a badass Willem is. The vision Chtholly gets when facing the beast hints at darker things to come; particulary tied to Glenn's past.

Just wondering, but who the f is Glenn?

i think someone mess up this Anime with another Anime LOL
that bastard from Akashi Record Anime i think
May 9, 2017 2:31 PM

May 2010
Wah. This episode wasn't my fav. The whole coin thing was ...
But ye I liked the moment Chtholly confessed.
May 9, 2017 2:35 PM

Sep 2013
Willem being a hypocrite pssy with his no justified violence stuff then baits and attacks the thugs.
May 9, 2017 3:05 PM

May 2015
CaptainJumBo said:

Poorly written? Fucking how?

May 9, 2017 3:06 PM

May 2015
HaXXspetten said:
That felt a bit off atmospherically. This show keeps jumping between being serious and being light-hearted way too frequently and way too drastically. Just feels jagged

Jagged? Really don't see that.

May 9, 2017 3:11 PM

Mar 2015
Very refreshing to see a main character openly admit her love before the season has reached the halfway mark!
The sword that takes life gives life
May 9, 2017 3:25 PM

Apr 2009
Well that was the worst episode so far. They stripped the content so much it doesn't even resemble the original Novel, they don't even try to make the scenes flow.

This honestly feels like all they're doing is animating skeleton scenes from the novels into shorts, and then attaching them together. This is not what an anime adaptation should be like, what the fuck is even going on. Fucking useless Director.

/Rant
May 9, 2017 3:26 PM
Apr 2011
People saying this episode was not good.Tsk
I can't wait to see you guys bawling your eyes out in a few episodes.
Although I agree this director is shit.
May 9, 2017 3:28 PM

Jul 2007
Rydako said:
Well that was the worst episode so far. They stripped the content so much it doesn't even resemble the original Novel, they don't even try to make the scenes flow.

They literally have not skipped ANYTHING important at all

If anything t his episode ADDED ON to the novel stuff.
May 9, 2017 3:28 PM

Apr 2009
HaXXspetten said:

I know the feeling you're talking about, it's just a terrible adaption. Feels like a whole load of loosely related scenes stitched together.

Such a disappointment.
May 9, 2017 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
Kittens-kun said:
CaptainJumBo said:

Poorly written? Fucking how?

lmao if u gave an 8 to re;zero then that's self-explanatory already.
It's a garbage written script.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

460 by -ODA- »»
Yesterday, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.