Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 16, 2016 10:05 PM

Sep 2013
Wurstgurgler said:
Talon184 said:

That's been my constant thought too! The poor baby is going to get Back to the Futured!

Episode 5 established how their Timelines work ( Parallel Worlds ).
The Naho x Suwa Timeline with their baby still exists and continues on. Because if they were able to change their Past it would create Time Paradoxes.
With their letters they created/influenced another Timeline seperate from their own.

Actually, the whole parallel world thing was introduced as a theory by their high school science teacher and he just started talking about it kind of spur-of-the-moment. He wasn't delivering a prepared lecture or anything like that. So, in my mind, it's just that...a theory. These kids don't really know for sure how parallel worlds and time travel work any more than we do in our real lives. Anything they "know" is just speculation on their part. So, considering the theory their teacher introduced might be wrong, changing the timeline might wipe out the baby's existence. He could very well get Marty McFly'ed.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 16, 2016 10:32 PM

Jun 2016
I feel so bad for Swua everytime he drove Kakero and Naho to love each other , When he already loves Naho for a long time and will married her in future :(
Everytime I see how he hide his feeling inside his heart with all that pain I cried :(
He is the best :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2016 11:04 PM
Jun 2016
so glad Naho finally confessed her true feelings for Kakeru but at the same time I feel sorry for the present and future Suwa. </3 RIP future Suwa x Naho baby </3
Aug 17, 2016 1:08 AM

Sep 2014
The ending was beautiful. I feel this could be more interesting if Naho didn't hold back so much all the time. Kind of odd for a main character to take a backseat in big moments like this. Regardless of that though, it was a very beautiful episode.
Aug 17, 2016 1:48 AM

Jan 2014
I just kept saying, "PLEASE, SOMEBODY HUG HIM" and SUWA DID IT. THANK YOU.

This episode was so touching and my heart can't take it. Everyone should have a group of friends like these guys.
JotakakAug 17, 2016 2:06 AM
Aug 17, 2016 1:53 AM

Jan 2014
block1 said:
Suwa is beyond a bro, he's like.. a soulbro.

Best comment in this thread honestly.
Aug 17, 2016 3:08 AM

Aug 2016
I just wanna make it clear to everyone once and for all for all the misunderstanding this anime has brought and all the hate towards our mc, Naho. I feel like you guys are thinking way out of the box and forgotten that this anime is fundamentally a heavy shoujo-genre anime, not supernatural, fantasy nor scifi ( I will explain it later)

I wanna make something clear first, the fact that the letter could travel through time and the fact that the future Naho, Suwa (and possibly the other two girls) knew it could reach to the past is zero(0%). The main reason for this is because the author want to focus on the concept of "What if a letter could travel through time?". seriously anyone would believe 10 years after kakeru died they somehow able to create a time machine and use it to save kakeru? Why not just save his mother? It could be easier right? I'll repeat again, this is a shoujo anime, any plot device is just used for the convenience of the author and nothing else.

P1 "None of their future selves knew the letters gonna reach to the past, but why did they write it anyway?"
This is actually a better question we should ask our self, why would they write about how they could save kakeru at the past if none of them knew the letter could reach to the past at all? A possible theory I could make of is they are making another time capsule letter (just like in episode 1) but instead of writing something to their future self, they write something to their past-self in hope that they could remedy their regrets. And guess what? Shoujo stuff doing their shoujo things and the letter got send back in time.

P2 Now everyone keeps saying "uh, Naho write the letter to save Kakeru to save him cuz she loves Kakeru more than Suwa, her baby, and their marriage. She's the worst women ever"

Firstly, I agreed one the point you guys are saying which is [b]Naho loves Kakeru more than Suwa[b]. By now we all know that Naho is oblivious on the subject of love. Heck, even the future Naho din't knew that Kakeru loves her up until the point where Suwa told her in Episode 7 in the future. So yeah, she cried because it took her that long to understand Kakeru's feeling which I also think is a bit absurd (but this is a romance-drama-shoujo, so its acceptable [or not]). On the main point, I believe Naho din't write the letter so that he could save Kakeru and married with him even if it would work, you all keep forgetting that Naho is a shy-person (Future Naho and Future Naho's past) while Kakeru is a coward (indecisive and not a risk-taker + his depression/dilemma). On an imaginary diagram we could see it like this, Naho loves Kakeru but she can't tell him because she is a shy-person, Kakeru couldn't tell her because he's a coward and he knew Suwa loves her, Suwa also can't confess to her because he knew Naho loves Kakeru and Kakeru, his best friend is in love with Naho. It's obvious Suwa would get jealous and decide not to encourage both of them. But after Kakeru's death, he saw Naho became really sad and at that point he had his regret. The fact that their marriage could come true is probably because Suwa being the best bro he is and trying to comfort the heart-broken Naho back to normal. She overcome her sadness later, he confess, and they get married. So it is in fact, the one who got the ulterior motives to send that letter is actually Suwa and not Naho. Future Naho send her letter in hope Kakeru could live a happy life and no any other motives such as love, but the one that decide to love kakeru is the current Naho and current Naho alone. < This is where the confusion came from. If you wanna hate someone, hate Suwa (I doubt anyone would) because he's the one that hoping current Naho to be together with Kakeru because he thinks that Kakeru deserves Naho more that him because otherwise (like everyone else has said before), why would he send a letter to save Kakeru and get them together if he's already happy with his future life right?

Tl;dr
Naho is being straight-forward in her letter
Suwa has an ulterior motive in his letter

ps. its not my native language
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2016 7:46 AM

Feb 2011
So emotional ;-;
Amazing group of friends.
Aug 17, 2016 9:17 AM
Jun 2011
Every week I ask "how can this episode be topped?" And every week it gets blown away. This episode was amazing.

Suwa continues to be on point with everyone and everything - easily the best character of you ask me, and friend of the year. He has such a presence and just knows how to say and act in every situation. How about the flowers?!

I have to believe that all the characters have gotten letters. It wouldn't make sense to me if they didn't at this point. Am I the only one wondering how they actually got the letters?? And how will the future actually be, Suwa and Naho still but Kakeru is alive or is it going to be Kakeru and Naho together now? I cannot wait to find out. Love the show, characters and plot. Episode 7 was great, and screw Ueda!

The feels.
Aug 17, 2016 10:30 AM

Jun 2015
I've cried in every episode, BUT THIS EPISODE, I was literally crying the entire time. OH MY GOD.

So happy that Naho was courageous and that Suwa was also such a great friend to Kakeru!!

I love, love, LOVE this show!
{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~}
My favorite anime: Sailor Moon, Noragami, Kamisama Kiss, Carole & Tuesday, HunterxHunter, & Little Witch Academia.
{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~}
Aug 17, 2016 4:12 PM
Jul 2016
This episode was so good that Orange may get as high as a 9 rating from me depending on the ending (I've only given out 3 9+ ratings). I thought it was cool to see some of future-Naho's past, like with Kakeru saying "bye-bye" to her on Valentine's day with the chocolates. Suwa is a complete savage, but that's already been covered in this thread. I thought in my mind as soon as I saw that Naho and Suwa were married (in earlier episodes) that Suwa would be in on it, but it seems that the other two girls might be in on it, too. The glasses dude seems pretty clueless, so who knows about him. I'm worried about Suwa getting "Anaru'ed", especially since Orange seems like a reverse gender version of Anohana. Whether I rate this anime a 7,8, or 9 pretty much depends on how much I cry at the end. Either way, I have never felt so active while watching an anime. I find myself saying things out loud like "do it! do it!" and "Nooooooo!" when I didn't think Naho would do the batting thing early in the series. This episode was perfect though, and I'm really excited about this series in general.
"That's why I'm glad I'm a man who's transcended such meaningless worries" -Yuichi Aizawa
Aug 17, 2016 4:55 PM

Dec 2015
That bro hug wroght a tear from my eye.
Aug 17, 2016 5:30 PM

May 2010
Man, Suwa continues being the best bro ever, and it keeps breaking my heart each episode, more and more ;_; And the worst is yet to come...
Aug 17, 2016 5:42 PM
Jul 2015
Omg. Here come the waterworks. This show is great. A little underrated in my opinion. Suwa is an amazing character! I can't wait for the next episode.
Aug 17, 2016 9:33 PM
Oct 2007
Wow.. I shed tears unknowingly..
Aug 18, 2016 12:18 PM

Jun 2015
I love you Suwa.
I mean it, I want to be by your side forever.
Aug 19, 2016 1:33 AM

Sep 2012
Ohmygod. Suwa, WHY YOU KILLING YOURSELF, BRO?! YOU TOO GOOD FOR THIS WORLD.
Takako doing us all a favour and finally getting rid of that annoying hoe.

Now that Suwa has sunk his own ship, I'm going to go out on a limb and ship him with Takako. She's a tomboy so it won't be a horrible pairing...maybe... Haven't seen the two of them interact with each other a lot. I JUST WANT THE BRO TO BE HAPPY.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Aug 19, 2016 4:59 AM

Jun 2008
I dont know why but I think Suwa is the main reason why Orange rating was raised up. If Kakeru was a girl I'd bet they everyone would ship them instead of Naho, lol. He is an amazing person to Kakeru, even more than Naho, Suwa deeply cares about Kakeru, crying and hugging his friend and telling him the things that no one was able to tell with genuine concern and affection.

Definitely Bro of the year!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 19, 2016 8:58 AM
Aug 2016
This episode definetly set off the water works, I wonder how season two will play out, it's clear now tho that they can't change the future for thier present selves and now they have to create their own universe with him in it. He's still not fully happy...
Aug 19, 2016 10:33 AM

Aug 2016
yeah, this was a really good episode! don't understand why the school thinks Ueda is so beautiful, though, for an anime char she is pretty mehh haha. nice to see some development between Kakeru and Naho, unlike when some romance anime take until the last minute of the last episode for them to confess to eachother T_T'' (exaggeration, but still..)
Aug 19, 2016 10:40 AM

Jan 2013
It's great that naho and Suwa are a team like that. But.. what happened to the characters design? I found that they were of poor quality in this episode :(
Aug 19, 2016 1:47 PM
Dec 2009
Don't look at me...*runs off* T_T
Aug 19, 2016 10:56 PM
Mar 2016
I cried when i hear that Kakeruhe thought about dying every day.
Poor Suwa.
Aug 20, 2016 1:04 PM
Nov 2013
Omg Suwa pls stop being so good! it hurts me so much, you're way too good for this world.
Aug 21, 2016 11:31 AM

Feb 2013
I was watching this in the living room next to my mom, and I was trying so hard not to cry... Suwa is amazing, I feel bad for him, he is such a wonderful guy, yet he can't get Naho love... :(

Aug 23, 2016 2:58 AM

Jun 2013
Why is Mama Naho dressed like a frikkin' grandma with her medieval, Amish shawl?

She never smartened up, she was dense even in adulthood. How can she NOT realize that Kakeru loved her? OMG. D: So fucking frustrating. Jesus Christ.

I guess Suwa and Naho got married and had kids around 26-27 years old? I know very few people in South Korea and Japan who would marry around that age, some of them are still pursuing their master's degree or seeking jobs or maintaining a current one. A lot of people are getting married later in their 30s. It's not that rare but there are some people who do marry early but with the economy dwindling, not many are ready to jump into starting a family.

Damn straight up Suwa! That's much better. Instead of Naho worrying about her dokidoki heart, he's able to confront Kakeru straight on. We don't have a lot of fucking episodes, tell me whether or not the fucker is going to die or not.

Fuck Naho, I ship Suwa x Kakeru.
臭い-
Aug 23, 2016 6:51 AM

May 2013
this anime is lit...
Aug 23, 2016 7:06 AM

Oct 2008
What a very good episode!
but would the future change even if they told him directly not to die??!? would that really help him avoiding jisatsu?
5/5.

Aug 24, 2016 12:28 AM

Mar 2009
Hatsuyuki said:
Pretty accurate imo

Yeah. That about sums it up.
Aug 24, 2016 10:19 PM

Jun 2012
Suwa NTR'd himself, this is madness.
Aug 25, 2016 12:13 PM

Aug 2016
The only thing I don't understand is : do nano and suwa in past know that they have a baby or what? Because its seems like they have consciousness of their future selfs
Aug 29, 2016 5:33 PM

Jan 2016
Aww ;_; That Last scene seriously hits you like a train-wreck... omg.. Tears for days.. Ocean of Feels.. Suwa Best Bro of 2016!! Fantastic and Just beautiful episode, cant wait for more,(still 2 more episode, then fucking the waiting will begin..)
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 30, 2016 11:41 AM

Oct 2009
Beautiful episode. I'm honestly quite impressed with this, if only the quality didn't drop so much during emotional scenes.
Sep 1, 2016 8:58 AM

Sep 2015
The flower scene the future and then the past killed me :.( This episode hit the feels so hard.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 1, 2016 2:04 PM

Jul 2013
Suwa is such a good guy. Loving this anime more and more as it goes on.
Sep 3, 2016 4:09 PM

Oct 2012
Outsourcing hell was real with this one. Character faces were all over the place. Shame, really, else this episode would be close to the top for this series.

I'm glad they finally let it out and told him. His regrets won't be erased (as he wrote something pretty horrible to her mother before) but at least everyone including him would be at ease.
The day after Valentine would be real tearjerker I guess.
Sep 8, 2016 9:15 PM

Feb 2014
CrazyRomance said:
The only thing I don't understand is : do nano and suwa in past know that they have a baby or what? Because its seems like they have consciousness of their future selfs

I know this is really late, but you'll find out in episode 11, as episode 10 (latest episode) ended on chapter 16 of the manga and the next chapter mentions what you want to know.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Sep 10, 2016 12:31 AM

Aug 2016
ScarletCrystal said:
CrazyRomance said:

I know this is really late, but you'll find out in episode 11, as episode 10 (latest episode) ended on chapter 16 of the manga and the next chapter mentions what you want to know.
thank you for telling me and not trying to spoil ^-^
Sep 10, 2016 10:36 AM

Feb 2014
CrazyRomance said:
ScarletCrystal said:

thank you for telling me and not trying to spoil ^-^

Haha no problem :D

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Sep 13, 2016 3:42 AM

Jul 2015
Suwa keep being best bro abd the MVP
Feel bad for him
Sep 14, 2016 12:55 PM

Jul 2009
_Nathaniel_ said:
Suwa is the best character, I love him because he just keeps showing how selfless he is episode after episode. But at the same time I feel bad for future Suwa.

Me too, I think that in this time line he can end up killing himself...I really wish he and Naho could be together, he is a great guy...
Sep 14, 2016 5:25 PM
Mar 2016
bittersweetlove said:
_Nathaniel_ said:
Suwa is the best character, I love him because he just keeps showing how selfless he is episode after episode. But at the same time I feel bad for future Suwa.

Me too, I think that in this time line he can end up killing himself...I really wish he and Naho could be together, he is a great guy...

Yea ikr, in the latest episode I wanted them to be together even more.
Sep 14, 2016 7:43 PM

Jul 2014
Alright, that bro hug was enough to make me tear up for the first time while watching this show. What a powerful moment. If his previous selfless actions weren't enough, then this easily solidified Suwa's title of Best Guy. Truely a god amongst men.
Sep 15, 2016 7:57 AM
Mar 2013
This anime is literally MADE to make us cry wtf
Sep 16, 2016 1:15 AM

Sep 2015
Am I the only one that noticed something weird about the drawing on this episode? A few of the character facial expression became comedic and it feels like somebody else is drawing Kakeru.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Sep 17, 2016 10:13 AM

Jun 2016
Suwa is the best, THE BEST BRO OF 2016 ♥♥
And Naho confessed her feelings!!
Sep 28, 2016 5:58 PM

Jul 2009
xSkipi said:
Finally it happenned !
Suwa and Naho's baby will not come to life if it's like this tho

This. It's exactly why I can't stand any of this. Like Naho and Suwa are throwing away their adorable precious child as if he was a mistake. You can save him another way without throwing away your relationship T.T

Like I'm so conflicted. I can't be happy at any of the romantic scenes because I prefer Suwa. Suwa is awesome. Suwa is da best. Suwa is--i'm bawling, why he so good???
Sep 29, 2016 12:41 PM

May 2012
Damn that ending was touching :'| really great episode I must say, and well they sure managed to change the past and so the future! Looking forward to see what happens next!
Oct 12, 2016 8:22 PM

Jun 2010
Another extremely sad episode that made me cry non-stop.
Oct 17, 2016 10:35 PM

Jul 2015
Man, I love Suwa. By far the best character in this whole show. This episode almost had me in tears man, barely made it alive. Hm, so I'm guessing Ueda might somehow attempt to 'kill' one of them within the last few episodes. I don't think she'll really just give up.

caught in the wonder
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

247 by venbals »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Orange Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

223 by venbals »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

231 by patkarunungan »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Orange Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vacu0us - Jul 2, 2016

405 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 25, 9:33 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.