Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 15, 2016 7:06 AM

Dec 2015
kalim432 said:
Cejara said:

For all they know though the letters could have not worked like they have planned (Naho and Suwa failed at saving him in the past) so the letters still exist in the present. The point was though, these people are doing this on a basis of some loose theory that they truly don't know what could happen was my point. Like I said us as viewers know whats happening, but just because they can deduce the fact that there would be no letters in the first place if he was saved in their timeline and he would be alive therefore its an alternate timeline is shoddy logic at best to make a gamble on. Why not just leave it alone and try to move on with their lives, and then why does Naho have to force romantic undertones in the letter "to save him" when you can save someone and get closer to them without having to be romantically involved (i.e. Suwa helping Kakeru). It just doesn't make sense to me and it seems she was just trying to push a romantic sub-plot to be with Kakeru in an alternate timeline. Why can't she tell Naho to save him without having to be intimate and tell her that she is married to Suwa in the future and has a kid. I mean Suwa probably wrote that in his letter, so why didn't Naho write this unless she has an alterior motive to ship herself with Kakeru when it isn't even necessary to save him -_-.

Dude this is the first time they send the letters,they have no memerory of them in the future because it did not happen,in the past Suwa did not act,now he does...the timeline they are going for is parallel already,notice the changes and the matches with the letters,they get less accurate by episode

I know its the first time the letters were sent, I was making a point though that the characters themselves don't know how time travel works in response to the other person that quoted me. They don't know how time travel works whether it is alternate timeline or changes their timeline and can't base something as important as that on a lesson they had in highschool 10 years ago. My point is did they not even think this through, since they wouldn't know how it would have effected them at all in the future timeline and could erase their kid for all they know. Again, I know this isn't the case, but how do the characters know something like this wont happen? They aren't experts in quantum physics and time travel theory.
Aug 15, 2016 7:10 AM

Mar 2016
Funny that basically everyone have been praising Suwa in the last few episodes :P
Well he does deserve it
No seriously.
Aug 15, 2016 7:11 AM

May 2010
Kakeru asking for bouquet from Suwa, the bromance
And honestly, Suwa is too nice. The way he makes things turn out well for Naho x Kakeru is frustrating, yet slice of life-ish.
His regret is understandable. And.. I just wish Naho gives him a proper answer. and says sorry or something. Same goes for future Naho.

And Kakeru's depression is starting to show.
Dat bro hug... The feels. Honestly, drama well-done.

Great episode.
Aug 15, 2016 7:28 AM

Jan 2014
Great episode! the first half was pretty funny, first time we saw some comical expressions since the beginning of this series I believe. The second half hit my feels like a truck, especially the episode's ending, they did a great job with the BGM too.

Hagita is definitely my favorite character in this anime!
Aug 15, 2016 7:40 AM

Jun 2013
Oh my goodness this episode sure packed a punch. Amazing scenes here.

Suwa and Naho exchange information but the two more or less know the same things. Suwa only has further orders to make Naho happy as opposed to Naho's orders to only look over Kakeru. Future Suwa knew that Naho was in love with Kakeru and doesn't want his 16 year old self see another heartbroken sobbing Naho. The future Suwa couldn't do all this because he couldn't set aside his feelings for Naho and he ended up getting a crying sad Naho. He doesn't want that to happen again and he knows that his 16 year old version will understand. And now with Naho and Suwa having the same goal of saving Kakeru, there is some teamwork going on.

And it's Kakeru's birthday, the birthday the future group couldn't celebrate. Suwa gets Kakeru to tell when his birthday is and then everyone, one by one, asks him what he wants as a present. And Suwa asks Kakeru in the end and Kakeru jokingly says that he wants flowers which he'll give to Naho. And Suwa gives him flowers which results in a gay like scene where a dude is giving another dude flowers while the reciever is somewhat blushing. This was done to give Kakeru a push. Naho has been pushed by Suwa to not run away and Naho pushed herself to not run away too. Now it's time to push Kakeru to not run away and confess his feelings so that Naho gets to know that her feelings aren't one sided. And this is something the future Naho didn't know even till the time she sent the letter. Now Naho has to reply back to Kakeru and Suwa is pushing her so that she gets it done before it's too late.

And then the 23rd of September approaches which happens to be the date when Kakeru tries to kill himself with a towel. Kakeru meets his old friends and the topic of his mother comes up. Suwa and Naho have to prevent that from happening and they directly confront Kakeru and tell him to talk to them about his troubles. They don't want to stay as if everything's fine in the world when that's clearly not the case. The mission is to make Kakeru not want to die. He has thought of dying a lot because he believes it's his fault his mother died. Naho and Kakeru have to remove that guilty feeling from him and also tell him that he is needed and that there will be people sad and whatnot if he dies. And this becomes the perfect situation for Naho to give Kakeru's confession a reply. And god damn this entire scene packed a punch. Suwa had two reasons for crying, one, he was crying with Kakeru like Naho, two, the girl he likes is now completely out of reach and there's no way for him to be with her unless Kakeru dies. I hope he doesn't give in and stop helping Kakeru or something. But Suwa isn't that kind of a guy anyway so no worries.

One thing we get to see here is what the future Naho experienced. She had Valentine's day chocolates for Kakeru and wanted to give it to him but she couldn't. If she had given him those chocolates it could have at the very least delay his death. The future Naho wants herself to not run away and with Naho's reply to Kakeru's feelings, the chances of Kakeru killing himself have decreased. Naho is now Kakeru's emotional support and she will be playing important roles in reliving Kakeru's emotional pain and stopping him from even considering death as an option in any case. Suwa will also be playing that role but to a much lesser extent as he will leave things to Naho and support her from the shadows.

We haven't seen exactly how previous events played out originally for future Naho, now we have seen how the Valentine's day event originally played out so now we can see what changes Naho and Suwa's actions have caused with respect to either that event happening and playing out differently or that event being avoided completely.

Now to see if Kakeru meets up with his friends and if he does will the following event take place or does it get avoided. Naho and Suwa will have to keep a good eye on Kakeru if he goes to meet his friends.
Yamada2Aug 15, 2016 7:46 AM
Aug 15, 2016 8:38 AM

Dec 2012
Suwa you are the best. I already liked him, but it was amazing how he find the word to comfort Takeru *v*. Naho finally said to him that she loves him :), I cried during this scene TvT.

It so sad to think that Suwa gave up his own future for Kakeru
Aug 15, 2016 9:10 AM

Dec 2015
krisichiki said:
In response to the discussion that @Cejara started...

I like this story's concept with them sending letters to their past selves so they can change things and save their dear friend. However, I honestly wish there was no romance involved. The story would have worked just as well, if they were all simply a group of friends trying to save Kakeru. They would avoid all the unfortunate implications with Naho's future family this way.

I feel like the anime has been trying hard to push the idea that this is a parallel universe, and Naho/Suwa are just trying to save their friend. But then they show us scenes like the one with future Naho in today's episode, and it makes it hard for me not to believe Naho still has lingering romantic feelings for Kakeru, and wants to save him because of that.

In the end, I don't know what the author's original intentions were. Maybe they just wanted to write a romance story with a twist (the letters from the future) and didn't think things through. Unfortunately for me, the story makes Naho seem like she really does want to save Kakeru because she loves him (even years later after she has her own family) and Suwa agreed to help for her sake.

I do want to finish watching this series, because I'm curious to see how it ends (and there aren't many episodes left anyway), but the way it has been set up made it less enjoyable than it could have been, for me. Just my opinion.

Exactly, this is how I feel. It feels like the author convoluted the intentions he gave his main character. He gave her the intention of saving Kakeru because of regret, but come on it is clear as day that regret is a 2ndary emotion of her love for him and that is her main reason. If she wanted to save him based off of regret then there is no need to put the romantic plot in where future Naho has past Naho get close to him in romantic situations. It is a poor excuse to use as saving someone. This gives precedence to the fact that Suwa wouldn't be able to save him unless this was a Yaoi adaptation lol. Why can't Naho save him by doing things that Suwa does? Why does he have to be saved romantically? I am just not buying it and it feels like the author got lost in the romance that it strayed from the initial theme of wanting to save him due to regret of not doing everything they could to help. Why there has to be romance involved in saving him is beyond me, it just seems like a selfish whim on future Naho's part even if it doesn't effect her timeline.

Regardless though, how do you think future Suwa feels? The way she cried in front of her husband when she found out that Kakeru loved her. Also, come on for the people saying that Suwa wrote the letter too and it was his idea. He loves Naho and would do anything for her which is why he wound up writing this letter. Sure, he probably feels regret (he seems to have moved past it healthily though like all the other friends except Naho), but it is obvious Naho spearheaded the whole letter thing.

Like you said though, it just seems like the author strayed from his original intentions and tried to write a romance story with a twist but wound up shooting himself in the foot by making the characters intentions seem warped from their original pure intention of saving him sans love. I will still watch the show to see how it ends.

The funny thing is that I am a sucker for "time travel" and romance stories, so you would think this would be right up my alley; however, it just seems like something is inherently wrong with the design the author set.
Aug 15, 2016 9:24 AM

Aug 2012
I read the manga a while back, and I don't remember crying this much as I did here... I think the last time I read it I was in a relatively okay state of mind, but Kakeru kind of hit home for me. As soon as Suwa hugged him i blinked and there was suddenly tears everywhere.

My only grievance with this episode is that Takako didn't deliver that satisfying slap for Ueda, but I think that also shows how she's not willing to stoop to her level. Good deal.
me being hit with responsibilities
Aug 15, 2016 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
Takako for dealing with Rio
and Suwa for just being awesome are officially the two best characters in this anime!

Damn i was really hoping she would deck that bitch!

Suwa is awesome, like there's nothing else that can be said about how great he is.

NAHO YOU FINALLY SAID IT!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 15, 2016 9:45 AM
Feb 2016
Ahhhhh Suwa is just the greatest friend. In fact, the supporting cast absolutely shines in this episode.
The end was breathtaking and I could feel my heart breaking because I could relate to being on Naho and Suwa's side of that kind of conflict. It was handled really well and my love for the show grows.
Aug 15, 2016 10:03 AM

Mar 2010
How can naho not reply to kakeru after the guy confessed. Suwa had to step up and deal with everything himself. +1 to Suwa being the MVP.
Aug 15, 2016 10:24 AM

Sep 2009
SUWA!!!!!! T_T *sob sob*

We're all golden
Sunflwers
on the inside :>
Aug 15, 2016 10:37 AM

Jan 2014
is it just me or was the animation a bit off at some scenes? regardless, it was a very emotional episode!
Aug 15, 2016 10:40 AM

Jun 2013
senpai you bitch just back off already!! say yes you idiot he just confessed what the fuck!!
Aug 15, 2016 10:54 AM

Aug 2013
Wow the animation of this episode was the worst so far, I thought it would improve as the story advanced but seriously, most off-model faces seem totally awkward.

On another note, Suwa is by far the best character of the series.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Aug 15, 2016 11:58 AM

Jan 2016
Thank god Takako stood up to Ueda. And I'll say it again Suwa is best bro. This ep felt really satisfying
Aug 15, 2016 12:11 PM

Jun 2008
I cried so much at this part while reading the manga and i cried really hard again while watching this episode ; _ ;
Aug 15, 2016 12:53 PM

Apr 2011
wow there were a lot of animation quality issues this time, they kinda took away the emotional impact of the scenes
Aug 15, 2016 1:07 PM

Feb 2014
Wow I really powerful episode.
Suwa is probably one of the best characters/friends Ive seen in an Anime for a long time now.
He really did a great job at comforming Kakeru who said lot of scary stuff this guy needs a therapist ASAP.
The two girls were also really cool telling off that bitch senpai who reminds me alot of the majority of my schoolmates.
The only lackluster is still Naho who is the typical weak shojo protagonist who barely can do anyhting on her own too bad she has potential.
Probably AOTS for me.
Aug 15, 2016 2:14 PM

May 2013
Three words. Suwa best character.
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Aug 15, 2016 2:24 PM

Oct 2014
Wait, there's only a one year gap because they celebrated Kakeru's 17th birthday in the present and his 18th in the future.

RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Aug 15, 2016 2:47 PM

Jul 2012
Ah yes! Some good romance development; got me in the feels. And it's always satisfying when Ueda gets what she deserves.

Things are getting really good. Hopefully this'll keep up
Aug 15, 2016 3:00 PM
Jan 2016
Memor said:
Suwa is such an awesome character, I admire friends like him.

Looks like that was just what Kakeru needed too.

Oh and they totally destroyed Ueda there which was really satisfying.

I agree with everything you said. Suwa's the man.
Aug 15, 2016 3:24 PM

Nov 2014
anhkiet1903 said:
Cejara said:
Ehhh, I can still care less about Kakeru living or dying to be honest. I feel worse for Suwa. Kakeru died already, so why send these letters in the past. Did Naho even consider how the past Suwa would feel having to do these things when she is the one he loves most. Yeah, you can say Suwa wrote these letters too, but lets be real, he wrote his letter because he will do anything for Naho, since he is madly in love with her. I still see her as a manipulative ungrateful bitch that just can't appreciate what she has in the present due to some guy that died 10 years ago and they only knew for several months. I still feel the same way that she loves the guy and this is her ulterior motive along with saving him.

I had a friend get hit by a drunk driver several years ago while he was walking down the road, it pretty much effected our circle of friends deeply. We knew him for almost 10 years, we mourned him, honor him in life with the things we do (one of our friends named his son after him) and live on with our lives. He actually asked my friend to pick him up, but my friend didn't reply, since he was asleep at this time and if he was picked up he wouldn't have died, but my friend doesn't feel regret over it because it was out of his control at that point. My point is, these people need to get over it, and I feel like this entire thing was spearheaded by Naho, since she wanted to marry him and have his kid, so she would at least want to save him in another timeline to do this. Its evident in how in the letters she pushes past Naho to get romantically involved with him. Still not buying it, seems to get dumber with each episode, but I will watch on and maybe the ending will change my mind.

first of all, im sorry to hear about your friend. And about the story, its true that it is pretty selfish by Naho to ask Suwa in the past to do that, but i do think Naho loves Suwa in this timeline. Given the fact that Naho knows sending back the letter will only create an alternate universe but not change the future, i think she still does it anw in order to relive her regret, and effectively move on from the past. But in the end, the timelines where Naho and Suwa are married will still exist and and the alternate timeline where Naho is together with Kakeru will also co-exist. So it will be a win win situation in a sense.

I wouldn't say the problem is about sending the letter and altering the other timeline, the problem is the thought process of Naho, it's plain disrespectful to Suwa and their baby and that thought alone is enough to show how little she cares about Suwa and the child she has with him, while Suwa has done nothing but support her in her selfish endeavors and enduring her second in line "love" for him.
I could say, she's far worse than Ueda, not in an aggressive way, but in a passive-aggressive way in the way she deals with her family and the way she writes the letters to her past self.
Aug 15, 2016 3:27 PM
May 2015
Grimmbae said:
The minute Suwa hugged Kakeru tHE FLOODGATES OPENED I'M GONE!

Same omg, river went down my face. Damn so many tears.
Aug 15, 2016 4:09 PM

Dec 2013
oh god, that hug made me tear up - so well done, very powerful scene imo.
this episode was amazing
Aug 15, 2016 4:19 PM

Sep 2013
kalim432 said:
okamatsu said:
it happened. took 7 eps but now i can say that orange made me cry.

i love suwa!! ;-;
I also said that,I got paniked looking at the show as it passed ep 5 and I was alright

i really thought i was not going to cry and here we are ):
Aug 15, 2016 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
Shoot, well I don't think Kakeru is completely saved, but there was definitely a big step. Remember that Naho said at the end of the episode that Kakeru is still not truly smiling but rather that there is still some sadness lurking. We shall see how the next couple of days go by for them
Aug 15, 2016 7:18 PM

Jun 2007
I'm so happy for Suwa to be there.
If it wasn't for him, I don't think Naho would have been able to have Kakeru talk about his mother and himself the way he did, at least not so soon.
Best bro award. Suwa is amazing, I was thinking about his feelings when Naho confessed her love to Kakeru.

Take-chan was amazing getting rid of that bully, I hope that's the last we see of her -.-
I loved how everyone was asking what Kakeru wanted for his birthday and later say that it's not for a present. They are amazing side characters.

Lastly, the flower bit. To think in the future they were all giving gifts that they weren't able to and the way that the flowers were going to be used to ask Naho out.
It was hilarious, "looks like you are giving flowers to your boyfriend."
And then the thought that Suwa indirectly gave the flowers to Naho for Kakeru to ask her out... Oh Suwa ;-;
You are the best!
I don't know what I'm going to do with my top 10 list of characters...
Aug 15, 2016 7:27 PM

Jun 2007
Toa_of_Gallifrey said:
Wait, there's only a one year gap because they celebrated Kakeru's 17th birthday in the present and his 18th in the future.

The gap is 10 years I believe. I think they were celebrating his 18th birthday because they weren't able to, since he committed suicide earlier that year.
The present/past they are celebrating his 17th. Where in the future they missed it because they didn't find out about his birthday. Which is why the future sent those letters to let their past know about his birthday so they would celebrate it instead of missing it.
I hope this didn't make it more confusing... Chronologically would be:

17th birthday/ September something
future plot - missed because they didn't know (unclear if they celebrated afterwards or not)
past/present - celebrated because they found out in time thanks to letters

Feb 15
future - committed suicide
past/present - we haven't seen this episode

18th birthday / september something
future - kakeru isn't with them anymore

10 years into the future/ future scenes - they are celebrating the 18th birthday
Aug 15, 2016 7:50 PM
May 2015
omg this is bad for my heart.. i read the manga and poured my eyes out and here i am all puffy eyed again
Aug 15, 2016 8:23 PM

Dec 2014
Oh wow... We NEED to find a habitable planet, conquer it and name it Planet Suwa.
Aug 15, 2016 8:45 PM

Sep 2010
Fucking Suwa is NTRing himself. christ.
Aug 15, 2016 9:23 PM

Aug 2016
Man Suwa is such a great guy in this show and you can tell he is going above and beyond to make sure Kakeru stays safe.

My only worry is if this will send Suwa in a spiral because he is being very selfless all the time.
Aug 15, 2016 9:31 PM

Oct 2015
Suwa is too good of a brother, this episode along pulled the rating up by 0.6. The Suwa's effect is real :( hoping for a good ending for Suwa.
Aug 15, 2016 10:11 PM
Aug 2014
Suwa is too fucking precious .. something bad better not happen to him
Aug 15, 2016 10:52 PM

Jun 2013
Such an amazing episode, and it was adapted to perfection!
Aug 16, 2016 12:22 AM

Jul 2007
So finally after waiting 7 eps it finally happened!
Somebody gave that poor boy a proper hug. It took them way too long.
Last ep I was all like "Come on Naho, you don't have to say anything, just hug him and let him cry for a bit!"
gee.
Aug 16, 2016 4:44 AM

Feb 2011
Pretty accurate imo
Aug 16, 2016 5:57 AM
May 2014
I love this anime.

It seems that Kakeru is saved with this episode ~ and Suwa is the best! :>

Okay since we cleared this, let's proceed to the real problem:

Why is there a Hungarian flag on the blackboard in every episode?! This is totally nagging on me since I'm half-Hungarian and I want to know. >.<
I can't see any connections with Hungary. Furthermore, in this episode, the flag was vertically aligned and not horizontally how it should be.
Aug 16, 2016 7:20 AM
Apr 2016
I just can't with this anime anymore. I just can't.

Such a beautiful yet heart-rending episode.

Suwa is such a gem of a character.

That confrontation bit though, couldn't hold back my tears anymore.

This episode made an emotional wreck out of me. A solid 9.
Aug 16, 2016 10:57 AM

Jun 2008
Hatsuyuki said:
Pretty accurate imo

Funny thing one is named Suna, the other is Suwa, loooool!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 16, 2016 12:05 PM

Oct 2011
Kakeru ah&hhhhhhhhh😭😭😭😭😭😭
Suwa omg
Aug 16, 2016 12:15 PM

Jun 2016
Poor Suwa :'( i wish that there is friends like him in the real world but that can not happen.

That was really a nice episode, glad that Kakeru and Naho confessed to each other.

Well, i guess Ueda give up after what happened with Takako.
Aug 16, 2016 12:24 PM

Oct 2014
xxjanism said:
Toa_of_Gallifrey said:

The gap is 10 years I believe. I think they were celebrating his 18th birthday because they weren't able to, since he committed suicide earlier that year.
The present/past they are celebrating his 17th. Where in the future they missed it because they didn't find out about his birthday. Which is why the future sent those letters to let their past know about his birthday so they would celebrate it instead of missing it.
I hope this didn't make it more confusing... Chronologically would be:

17th birthday/ September something
future plot - missed because they didn't know (unclear if they celebrated afterwards or not)
past/present - celebrated because they found out in time thanks to letters

Feb 15
future - committed suicide

18th birthday / september something
future - kakeru isn't with them anymore

10 years into the future/ future scenes - they are celebrating the 18th birthday
Ah I see. That makes more sense.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Aug 16, 2016 1:29 PM
Jul 2016
i can't shake the feeling that he will eventually still die.. :(
Aug 16, 2016 3:15 PM

Dec 2014
Lol.
SpikeykoaLaAug 16, 2016 3:23 PM
Aug 16, 2016 6:55 PM

Jan 2013
Suwa is the real MVP!
I feel so bad for him.
Still it was a great episode ;)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 16, 2016 7:01 PM

Mar 2014
Waiting for Ueda to step out of line again so Takako can crack that bitch in the head.
Aug 16, 2016 7:43 PM

Jul 2015
Okay... those expressions they made when Kakaeru told them his birthday. That had me smiling like an idiot for a little bit there, it was unexpected. Their method of asking Kakeru what he wanted was also a bit unexpected, but quite entertaining. And she finally confessed, so that is nice, really nice, freaking WONDERFUL even. And once again, Suwa proves why he is essentially the best guy ever, I'ma have too add him too my top ten list later.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

231 by patkarunungan »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Orange Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vacu0us - Jul 2, 2016

405 by patkarunungan »»
Yesterday, 9:33 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

177 by miffyverse »»
Mar 27, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

234 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.