Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2014 1:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, this is cute:

Kagome was silly this episode imo. Oh look, it's Rie Kuigmiya voicing her, no surprise there. Pretty lighthearted episode overall. Not sure I like Kagome though as she seems a bit childish although that energy she brings in is quite something. And her little rivalry with Yuuma made me giggle.
Dec 27, 2014 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
Osamu, Yuma and Chika are doing their best in their trainings.

Dec 27, 2014 3:33 PM

May 2013
Osamu might be the only one out of the three who is ordinary lol. Man Chika has a lot of endurance to keep shooting non stop. Konami's a funny character. Can't wait for the next episode.
Dec 27, 2014 3:36 PM

Aug 2007
Finally Konami has appeared! I wasn't expecting her to be voice by Kugie Rie but that really made what happen this ep transpired with her personality. It looks like all the elite realize they aren't normal rookies.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 27, 2014 4:29 PM

Dec 2013
Honestly, this adaption is just so slow its really sad how boring it gets at times.
Either way Konami's voice really didn't fit her imo. It just felt way too kiddish to fit her as well.
2/5 episode.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Dec 27, 2014 5:13 PM

Dec 2013
It felt really weird listening to Konami's voice right after watching a lot of Gintama
Dec 27, 2014 5:23 PM

Nov 2007
The two needs to be rank B first in order for three of them to be rank A. Though Black trigger cannot be used. So the girls is sniper. Kugimiiya-san, Maeno-san, and FukuJun?! as the rest of the members. They are introduced to train them.

Neighbor guy can still win Kugimiya-san by only once, and the girl is patient. KajiKaji's character is too weak for rank B...

Chibi corner back with Kugimiya-san and FukuJun's characters.

January 11 next. New battle for the others.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 27, 2014 7:28 PM

Apr 2013
They revealed Konami's trigger this episode which is too early compared to the manga. Yotaro's funny as usual.

Brace yourselves for the next episode. Epicness awaits. =3=

Dec 27, 2014 7:30 PM

Jul 2011
I'm surprised they have pretty well known VAs, considering their budget...?

Well anyways, Osamu's going to have a tough time. He has two monsters for teammates. I don't know how he'll qualify for A-rank.

Next episode looks like some more action, I love the dashing scene with the guys in cloaks. XD
Dec 27, 2014 8:12 PM

May 2012
Wow.. this is really getting more awesome! And Osamu seems to be the ordinary one out of the three. Interesting new characters too.
Dec 27, 2014 10:42 PM

Dec 2011
Really like it that Rie Kugimiya is voicing Konami. She is one of my favorite characters in WT. Also like her chemistry with Yuma.

However, Yotaro is still the best character for me. LOL.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2014 11:48 PM

Aug 2014
Pointless episode.
Dec 28, 2014 12:25 AM
Apr 2011
This was a really teasing episodes. It showed nuggets of what is to come. A lot of anticipation built up, can't wait to see what happens next.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Dec 28, 2014 2:20 AM
Oct 2012
Good episode. It's nice they are training.
Dec 28, 2014 6:21 AM

Jan 2013
This was a good episode, the new characters look interesting.
Dec 28, 2014 6:41 AM

Aug 2010
Loved this ep :D The new 3 characters are nice.

Loving Konami :3 And Kugie Rie voicing her totally fits. Loved her interactions with Yuma XD The way both of them starting calling eachother by "Senpai" and "Yuma" was cool. both admit that the other is worthy of respect :) Konami's pretty cute visually too <3

Osamu really needs to find something he's special at <_<

Loved Chika's limitless Trion part :3

Nxt ep should be awesome :D
Dec 28, 2014 7:23 AM

Oct 2014
Swerv said:
Pointless episode.

Agree
Dec 28, 2014 8:09 AM

Sep 2013
That voice :O

<3 Konami <3
Dec 28, 2014 8:27 AM

Oct 2014
babymilo91 said:
Osamu might be the only one out of the three who is ordinary lol. Man Chika has a lot of endurance to keep shooting non stop. Konami's a funny character. Can't wait for the next episode.

Osamu is TRULY ordinary. No power-up by eating a superhero's hair or having a Quincy mom and a Shikagami dad o having eaten a devil fruit or having a monster inside your body/soul. Just a boringly normal guy who tries his best to stnad up for his conviction. And as we heard from his trainer, he's a weak boringly normal guy. XDDD

SinKira said:
Honestly, this adaption is just so slow its really sad how boring it gets at times.
Either way Konami's voice really didn't fit her imo. It just felt way too kiddish to fit her as well.
2/5 episode.

I'm used to the slow pace now, as long as it got no more epic long stand still scenes like in the first episode (seriously, why was the first episode the worst animated so far, shouldn't that normally be like the very best one to capture the viewers?) I can watch it without getting bored. But that is probably also due now knowing that it is 50 episodes long and knowing what will come next. And I like what comes "next arc" in WT.^^

Before hearing Konami's voice I would have agreed with you. Reading the manga I had always a sort of "mature, bit sexy" voice in my head when imagining Konami speaking, certainly deeper than Rie's usual voice-acting.
But then seeing Konami's actions and nature in motion, as her anger mismanagement and her naive and guilble personality while loving to battle and pride of her skill, the voice somehow fit her much better than I had imagined.
Kinda like a bit older Kagura from Gintama you know?^^
Will probably still take a bit of time to get used to her voice and not immediately imagine an Umbrella in her hands, but her voice did not ruin her character for me. I can like that voice and see no big problems with it, given how Konami got introduced and shown in this episode. :)

That said, I had no clue that Konami carried a red/pink Trigger. Feels too feminine for her from her usual behaviour. XD
Or that we already got to see her combat trion body, something we had to wait several months for in the manga till that happened - niiiiiiccceeeeeee~ <3 <3 <3

Tres_Bandidas said:
Swerv said:
Pointless episode.

Agree

Why pointless? We got shown the other three people besides Jin who makes up the entire battle power of the Tamakoma branch with its 10 members. And said people became the mentors/trainers for our MC trio so that they can reach their goal to become A-rank and get chosen for away missions in neighbor countries.
We got shown how Trigger technology is not only about weapons but also about creating realistic 3d holograms with deep vision and what not. I bet that river even SMELLED like a river. Imaigne such technology in cinemas! Or even for uses at homes, like a "vacation room" where people tell their trigger pc to turn that room into a Hawaii beach and then relax there on the bench, while the trion used up by the machine creates waves, smells and even hot sunshine.
People probably wouldn't leave their houses for vacations anymore if this hit the free market. XD
And we saw the return of the Top 3 A teams of HQ, a transmission to the next episode where they will try to take Yuuma's trigger and Tamakoma aka Jin trying to prevent that from happening.

But if it was pointless for you two, then that's something I cannot quite follow. What would you have liked to see to make it an episode with "a point" or "several points"?
Dec 28, 2014 8:56 AM
Oct 2014
Good episode
The drawing on itself was kinda good in my opinion
It's getting better by the episode

Chill James, there will always be haters, you don't need to take them so seriously.
Their opinions were trolled already since this episode is everything but pointless
Dec 28, 2014 9:43 AM

Sep 2011
Rie Kugimiya OH MY GOD !!! <33333333 the master of all the female VA's <333.

Konami has just became my favorite character right now ! :D next to Yuma ofcourse ;)

This anime needs more attention, what's wrong with people leaving this greatness for the likes of SAO !
Dec 28, 2014 2:39 PM

Jul 2011
Osamu wannabe rank-A ??? Yeah nice joke! Maybe one day with the power of the friendship...

Anyway, good episode.
Dec 29, 2014 1:23 AM
Aug 2012
ainky said:
Osamu wannabe rank-A ??? Yeah nice joke! Maybe one day with the power of the friendship...

Anyway, good episode.

Don't really know how you got the "wanna-be" part but well whatever.........

Dec 29, 2014 1:38 AM

Jun 2014
Wow, this episode went by quick!
Looks like trouble for the MC though. Hes far too weak to even hold a candle to his team mates. But at least he has willpower and guts. So hes not totally useless.
Still trying to get used to Chika's face though.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 29, 2014 9:47 AM

Oct 2013
Well we met the three A ranks. Gullibility.
Dec 29, 2014 11:43 AM

May 2013
6 minutes in and the OP starts playing. When will they learn?

Yuuma really wants to join ranking competition while Chika wants to fight.
But in order to do that, they must undergo rigorous training via mentors.

Konami will teach Yuuma.
Reiji will teach Chika.
Kyosuke will teach Osamu.
So far, they are all trying their best, however it seems Osamu is the ordinary one of the bunch.

Meanwhile, Jin will be the one to stop the A-Rank Border agents from stealing Yuuma's Black Trigger.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 29, 2014 11:25 PM

Oct 2013
kinda disappointed i didnt get to see the trigger yuma picked
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 30, 2014 2:49 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Konami is so gullible, it's amusing! She's pretty cute too! :3
Loved her interactiona with Kuga. Wished they'd shown us their sparring session too.

Chika will inevitably become a great sniper, considering her vast trion level.

Only Osamu needs some more improvement. As one of the MC, he's still pretty weak.

Decent episode. Looking forward to Jin's awesomeness next.

Dec 31, 2014 1:31 AM
Jan 2009
btw no episode this week...
Jan 14, 2015 7:53 PM

Jun 2008
Well now that we met the last girl and she ended up being voiced by the most annoying voice actress in the whole of Japan i guess the title for best girl goes to
Shiori.

babymilo91 said:

They will need some smart and serious training program to get Osamu the necessary progress before the others surpass him. I wonder if the author will make something to empower him at some point so he won't be left behind.
Jan 16, 2015 11:49 PM
Jul 2018
The A ranks look cool; I’m hoping a fight will happen soon, not training a real fight. It was kind of slow but they did explain things which is always awesome.
Mar 5, 2015 7:04 AM
May 2014
Some of the scenes are soooo drawn out. And then they skip the combat :p

OP 6 mins in... its slowly returning to the beginning.

Lol... equally trolly maybe:
Apr 12, 2015 5:19 PM

Sep 2011
this was alot of fun, but i really wish they would of actually shown the combat, toei taking the cheapest way out as always

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 12, 2015 7:16 PM

Oct 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
this was alot of fun, but i really wish they would of actually shown the combat, toei taking the cheapest way out as always

Are you talking of Yuga vs Konami fight right? In the manga it isn't shown as well, so this is like the manga. In reality in the manga there isn't even the transformation part!
Jan 26, 2016 4:50 AM

Dec 2012
FukuJun!

Chika is flexible? Oh, Osamu.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 24, 2016 11:21 AM

Jan 2015
So he only lost about 9 times :D Yuma you can do it!!! And Chika is flexible??? Lolz she doesn't have an adult body yet when she does the question will be is she still flexible !!!
May 6, 2016 3:36 AM

Mar 2015
Aw yeah A-Rankers
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 22, 2017 9:28 PM

Apr 2009
I knew that voice, it's the queen of tsundere characters! LOL

But you people haven't seen Chika's Trion volume yet, heck even a multipurpose Trion soldier, Replica built by Neighbors who have been utilizing Trions far longer than humans on this side haven't seen anything like it.

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 18, 2017 9:03 PM
Mar 2017
LOL, I did not think to meet the Seiyu Kugie Rie in this anime !, brings me many memories ...
Happy of Fairy Tail, Alphonse Elric of FMA, Gintama Kagura, Shana of Shakugan no shana ... and as did voice Taiga, Louise, Nagi Sanzenin, Miharu Rokujo Nabari) was named as the "Queen Tsundere" ... Well, I should also name this anime xD. although first it was Luise and Nagi, for that reason was named queen tsundere: 3

Konami...Konami..Konami........EA Sports "chenekein"
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jun 23, 2020 3:43 PM

Nov 2016
3 cool senpais, exposition, trainings arc an upcoming tournament, the comedy, this is so basic shounen and I wholeheartedly enjoy it.

Now the top squads came back, so next few episodes should get pretty exciting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 17, 2020 6:40 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice training part especially for Chika, she's going to be better and better I guess... it's only the beginning
Nov 23, 2020 3:59 AM

Aug 2019
I can hear Kugimiya Rie’s voice acting from a mile away
Jun 15, 2022 2:24 PM

Mar 2019
I do love Kuga and Chika is nice but Osamu is so ordinary, it hurts so what that muscle guy said is far from the truth. Nice episode again, still love every scene with Jin in it.

Now, the teams have arrived, let's see what happens since kuga officially joined the branch.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 16, 2023 12:33 AM
Jul 2020
I loved seeing konami and kuga's interaction XD they are so competitive with each other. and we can see that osamu is gonna have a lot of work to do getting used to combat

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2015

50 by HiraNyanNyaw »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:00 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

29 by ArcCryptid »»
Oct 24, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

62 by spitinyourmouth »»
Sep 28, 2023 2:57 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

56 by kx2x »»
Sep 11, 2023 6:54 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

48 by kx2x »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.