Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Feb 19, 2015 1:28 PM
Oct 2014
I think that Kamui is trying to prove just how unbalanced and unfair the Sibyl system can be. Just the amount of bloodshed in this episode proves that, the enforcers and Police go on to kill a dozen or so hostages just because Sibyl says they are dangerous even thought they were hostages and victims they even kill an inspector trying to save the people.
Feb 20, 2015 9:09 AM
Dec 2014
Jerrybear said:
I think that Kamui is trying to prove just how unbalanced and unfair the Sibyl system can be. Just the amount of bloodshed in this episode proves that, the enforcers and Police go on to kill a dozen or so hostages just because Sibyl says they are dangerous even thought they were hostages and victims they even kill an inspector trying to save the people.
knowing beforehand that all that bullshit would've happened would've required having precog super powers.
it was just a meaningless mess of an episode, it had 10 minutes of the writer going "LOOK AT THIS ISNT IT FUCKED UP!?" by showing faults we were already shown (in a better way) in pp1.
Feb 22, 2015 2:50 PM
Jul 2014
WOW,this is getting fucking interesting!!!
Mar 21, 2015 1:55 AM

Jan 2013
URGHH that new inspector bitch is really getting on my nerves. all she's got is a snappy tone and that's about it.
Mar 23, 2015 8:34 AM

Mar 2012
It's a shame, was really excited for S2 but it's just left me with disappointment and disgust. Trying too hard to show how fucked up the show can be instead of focusing on telling a thrilling story like S1.
Mar 26, 2015 1:08 AM

Jul 2013
When that cybermutt got taken down. Didn't they think that they could just you know....run? It's not like that geezer had a gun or anything. Shitmotsuki is getting worse on each episode.
ThisNameSucksMar 26, 2015 1:11 AM
Apr 9, 2015 12:27 PM

Jan 2012
okay i'd be lying if i said that this episode wasn't intense and while the ending was indeed a massacre It was also frustrating and like WHY?!?
but that's what it supposed to do, and tbh in hindsight looking at both the first season and this season it still makes me think that sooner or later people are going to be too reliant on computers and technology...

psycho pass is showing the bad side of it all, and at least makes me think deeply at times! So for that I have to tip my hat!
Apr 17, 2015 6:00 AM

Jan 2013
Intense episode indeed.
I had a feeling when the shutters went down that everyone would get a higher crime number and be eliminated.
Kamui is trying to show how ridiculous the whole Sibyl system is and it is.
Apr 19, 2015 4:14 PM
May 2012
FOR FUCK SAKE WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT???!!!

EVEN AOYANAGI IS DEAD BUT HOW THE HELL DID SHE JUST BLOW UP & KILLED HER??? THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT????

OH THANKS FOR KILLING ALL THE HOSTAGES YOU ASSHOLES!! LETTING THE BAD GUYS WIN!

THIS IS FUCKING UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!
Apr 19, 2015 5:18 PM
Mar 2015
OMG lets get a new cheif already inspectors team!
Apr 20, 2015 4:16 PM
Mar 2009
R.I.P. Risa. I mean she was kind of stupid to not try something else when her Dominator failed her a second time. And here I was thinking she'd hook up with Gino, well that didn't last very long...

And then the Lethal Eliminator bloodfest. Holy. Shit. Was expected since the Area Stress level rose to the point of no return, but wow, it was like whack-a-mole. Or that Opera meme.
Apr 28, 2015 2:16 PM

Dec 2014
The whole time i was just thinking that when in the situation the enforcers/Inspectors were in that they should have just stormed the dame place straight away...would have solved everything.
but no everybody just had to die :P
May 8, 2015 3:48 PM
Dec 2014
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AKANE LEAVES FOR ONE SECOND AND EVERYTHING GOES CRAZY?! That new rookie is in my dislike column right now. What the fudge is up with her? She's so annoying. She pisses me off big time. And yes, I know it's not her fault she wasn't there during the killings but my god did I want her to hurry her ass there. She's amazing and without her everything turns to shit. That new inspector is incredible self centred and immature. I can't stand her.
Also, side note, WHERE THE HELL IS SHINYA?! HE BETTER COME BACK FOR THIS SEASON
Jun 7, 2015 2:10 PM

Apr 2014
Gosh all the violence is givng me a stomach ache it's so uncomfortable. And how the fuck can they just shoot the victims, ofcourse they had high numbers they were fucking traumatized. Shouldn't there be some kind of law for that, but no let's just eliminate everyone like it's no big deal ok sounds great. Ffs that's dysfunctional.
Jun 17, 2015 9:29 PM

Jun 2012
Jesus christ such horrid animation. Movements were stiff and every character looked triangular.
Jun 27, 2015 8:30 PM

Jul 2009
Police brutality at its finest
I invite you to answer some questions on my profile.

Jul 22, 2015 11:09 AM

Jul 2015
danieltortoisee said:
What a great episode. If this doesn't make Inspector Shimotsuki stop outright protecting the Sibyl System for some inexplicable reason, I don't know what will.

hopefully! that Inspector Shimotsuki is infuriating! >:(
Jul 22, 2015 11:12 AM

Jul 2015
I miss Makishima :(
Aug 2, 2015 12:02 AM

Dec 2011
Goodness gracious, this episode was a disaster from start to finish. Agh, I don't even know where to begin with this.

So, so SOOOO many things that could've went wrong DID go wrong which could've easily been prevented if a) Mika wasn't so concerned with her own wellbeing/i.e. getting in trouble for bending the rules b) if people actually took a goddamn minute to think for themselves and not rely on another dang machine (Sibyl) to do everything?

Another reason why Aoynagi dies...like Akane in PP1, she tries to use the dominator on a person it doesn't work for repeatedly, and when she finally gets the brilliant idea to TRY SOMETHING ELSE! everyone gets slaughtered by Division 3, which Mika fails to stop because she's too busy being a coward.

Mika...don't get me started on her. Good lord, it is so frustrating to watch this girl... just....i don't know...exist? It's been, what? A year and a half and she still hasn't learned a damn thing? Akane learned a bazillion times more than this rookie in a span of probably less than a few months.

She questions EVERYTHING that comes out of Akane's mouth and acts like a spoiled brat. It makes me wonder why Sibyl bothered to hire a minor. I mean, are they really THAT LOW on potential Inspector candidates that they gotta go back to the kid at the wacko girls' academy, one who definitely has *definitely* sustained trauma from losing her closest friend to an artsy fartsy teenage sociopath who enjoyed cutting up girls for fun?

And then there's GINO. He. Is. A. Manchild. I know he's supposed to be the "role model" figure for Akane, giving her advice every now and then about what she should do, but all he really does is sound like a whiny brat who hates that he's been demoted.

UGH. I miss Season 1! I miss Kogami and Makishima :'( I miss their intricate, thrilling, and thought-provoking cat/mouse chases/scenes. Instead with PP2, we end up disappointed with an extremely and unnecessarily gory bloodbath with little to no substantial plot.
⋆-_- ♠
Aug 19, 2015 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
Mika is so fucking annoying
Aug 19, 2015 6:17 PM

Dec 2013
This season is a steaming pile of shit. It tries so desperately to fill the void of a consistent plot with redundant information and a shitload of gore. Compared to this, I miss S1's pretentious quoting.

Not to mention that, except for Togane, none of the characters interest me in the least. Hell, S1 had a flat set of characters, but at least I wouldn't drift off whilst trying to watch an episode. That's because there was a certain amount of substance put into each one of them. Which, overall, I'm not feeling with this sequel at all.
Granted, The Devil's Proof was somewhat interesting, but since what almost immediately follows is a full-fledged gore-fest that's glaringly meant as fanservice, and characters acting stupidly (since the writer has to make the plot move somehow), I can't help but feel uninterested and detached.

Starting to regret my decision of rewatching this. Mika's annoying as fuck, per usual. Special shout out to that Deus Ex Machina Dominator that I'm pretty sure is never going to show up again.
PriestSlayerAug 19, 2015 6:25 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 30, 2015 8:55 PM
Feb 2015
damn that ending was fucked.
Sep 13, 2015 8:52 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, what a terryfying, albeit great, episode. This season has been awesome so far. Feel really bad for Ayonagi. This anime is really great at portraying the fear of the powerless people when they are confronted with violence.
Oct 10, 2015 3:40 AM

Mar 2014
Good God can someone please strangle that retarded bitch Mika
Shuhan said:
Jesus christ such horrid animation. Movements were stiff and every character looked triangular.
This too
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 28, 2015 9:05 PM

Nov 2015
This episode pisses me off. You would have thought by now that inspectors would have learned that victims will also have high crime coefficients. Dominators should have the option to revert from killing mode to paralyzing mode at an inspectors will. Unarmed people wouldn't be able to do much harm no matter how high their coefficients rose. The inspectors didn't even give any warnings before firing. Can the flawed Sibyl system become any more obvious that severe changes need to be made?
Dec 11, 2015 1:37 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode!

Fuck that was a bloody mess, Shame Aoyanagi had to die like that :

Guess Ginoza will be greatly affected by this. Still how the hell did Kamui can fit to one of the drones and infiltrate the scene?

Also the way to use Dominator? I Guess it make sense since the Dominator is only available to Enforcers and Inspectors etc.

As usual Shimotsuki couldn't do jack shit. She's starting to annoy me honestly.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Mar 9, 2016 6:22 PM

Sep 2014
I swear to god, I never thought someone can be so OP using a walking cane to hold others hostage.
Apr 12, 2016 1:22 PM

Jul 2013
That was crazy with the hostages.

I also don't think it'd be possible to squish someone's head just by stomping on it. The skull isn't that fragile.

But they accidentally killed that other inspector because the guy made her crime coefficient go up that much! that was a blood bath and the guy was there all along!
Apr 27, 2016 12:37 AM

Sep 2011
Brutality in this episode!
Jul 24, 2016 4:10 PM

Feb 2015
GD1551 said:
This episode was terrible.. something like 12 young people get overpowered by an unarmed old man and allow themselves to get pummeled one by one because .. I dunno? For the lulz?

Then the inspector drops the nail gun and picks up the dominator.. I can understand this from a legal standpoint, but not a practical one.. why the hell didn't she just shoot him with the nail gun. Did she forget that the dominator did not work the first time?

Also the scene where they all instantly saw when her dominated was activated.. I mean.. what happened with that when it was activated on the mia detective in episode 3? Why didn't the sniper rifle identify Aoyanagi as an inspector like dominators normally do?.. I dunno about you guys but there's a lot of inconsistency that's bothering me in this season.

exactly what was going through my head.

Black_wind said:

That sounds like bad pick-up line

LOOOOL

RioFoxx said:
Darkdrone said:
This episode was total bullshit. Plain and simple.

How the hell do that many people get overpowered by an old man and a dog? Wtf. You are telling me they couldn't have worked together to take him out but a bruised inspector with a shard of glass can take him out? What kind of crap writing is this?

The old man's foot should have crushed the guy's head with one stomp. That was utterly retarded.

The inspector Aoyan whatever is useless. Really does question the usefulness of the Inspectors when their own weapon doesn't work and they are rendered useless. For god sake, she gets pummeled in the last episode and now she is punched through wall. The writers should have made this more believable by making these inspectors have weapons other than the denominator.

The crime coefficients is total bullshit at this point and the writers are pulling numbers out of their asses.

People are talking about intenseness and violence when it wasn't done that well. I feel the writers are just placing it just for shock factor and nothing more. Other series had made the violence more believable and realistic.

So far this season has been a disappointment so far because of the sheer boredom. Constantly I am checking to see if the episode is close being done because of how dry the material is. The first season is leaps and bounds better than this.

There's a couple things that you aren't getting. First of all, this is a series made in Japan. They think significantly different than we do.

what the heck? are they not human beings? they have a will to live just as much as anyone else.

magnum339_tyrant said:
Like I said in the Episode 3 Discussion, it seems that Kamui is trying to discover a way to use the Dominator, but why? Does it have something to do with he trying to see what color is Sybil? Is that a scar next to Kamui's ear?

it was on the back of his left jaw, i believe.

Celondor said:

This. Just... THIS.

She IS annoying by antagonizing the shit out of Akane. But she is NOT to blame for this outcome. The only thing she could have done better is letting Hinakawa doing his job, but this would NOT have changed anything because finding Kamui had nothing to do with the fight inside the building.

even with the bloody old man SCREAMING IN THE MIC TO PEOPLE OUTSIDE it's not her fault she takes no action? screw her.

Lamfreyde said:
A very primitive episode. The first thing that i disliked was the nonsensical violence which was so stupid and awkward to watch, it almost made me feel like i somehow switched from Psycho-Pass to some pathetic children show like Elfen Lied. The second thing that i hated was the fact that just for the sake of the plot, characters changed to mindless puppets acting completely stupid. Really, realism got his ass kicked in this episode. The crime coefficient of the hostages rose like hell, but still that was not enough reason to gang upon the old man, like in season 1 for example. And that Aoyanagi chick... oh man, acting completely brainless only for the sake of the plot, how could she use a Dominator twice when it did not work the first time, not to mention that she had a second weapon at hand. Plus, how is the episode intense, if i knew after 10 minutes that all hostages would die at the hands of the cops? You don't have to be a genius to predict such obvious twist, if you can even call it one. I piss on such immature writing, Mr. Who-wrote-the-script-whose-name-i-don't-even-want-to-know.

Don't hate me for this.

no, because someone will just defend the ep by saying "everyone is stupid" so it's fine to see people making such moronic choices that even a cow wouldn't do.

-------
ok, so this ep was excellent and stupid at the same time.

why on earth didn't everyone gang up on the old man? he may can kill people more easily than others, but he's not a saiyan. if they all ganged up he would have been toast.

then we have the MASSIVE stupidity of mika, and the police. let's say that as soon as the camera was wrecked, security notified police. they AT LEAST took as long as the ep, since the sun didn't look like it was going down any time soon. that means this city has the worst security system ever.

as for the excellent part of the episode, it was brilliant and sad to see all those innocent people get killed simply because their numbers were high. even if they did gang up on the man, their numbers would have rose regardless (it still would have been a logical thing to do, so i'm not excusing that). i'm not sure if kirito planned it to a tee, but if he did, hands clapping for that dude. no-one could have planned a mass murder like that unless it was 'shima :p

but this only shows more holes for sybil. in S1 it was people not being recognized by numbers, and now it's too many people being noticed by numbers. by that reasoning, is no-one allowed to be angry, sad, depressed etc and only happy? and perhaps happiness would be too much, since it's a surge of adrenaline, not a state of being. so...neutral?

and i see the violence was amped up a lot. my guess is that this is going to be the most extreme in violence of all eps. it happens in anime.

and the rookie's refusal to admit kirito is alive and well makes me want to strangle her. i like how we have seen kirito so that we don't have to go through this stupid "he is alive....or is her?" theory that we all know the answer to.

oh and this may be just me but i hate funi's subs even more, since they keep translating "tomei ningen" (literally invisible man) as ghost. very annoying to me.
Aug 14, 2016 11:37 AM

Jun 2016
This was one of the most violent episodes in both seasons.
Killing the victims... The Sybil system really sucks!
Sep 15, 2016 12:50 PM

Feb 2015
That was such a poorly written episode. why would you let an elderly man beat the shit out of you with a stick and just stand there and take it? It makes no sense. Then we have a Dues ex machina enforcer rifle that can shoot through walls. Brilliant stuff.
Dec 16, 2016 1:29 PM
Jun 2013
lmao that animation with the old man fight was funny looking and holy shit on the foot stomp. also why did this check say "not to shoot him" cause its her job to. WTF thats dumb you know the gun doesint work. wtf they killed the known hostages are these cops just stupid. we know why the stress levels are high it makes no sense. I was enjoying the season but by god was this episode just freaking terrible.
Jan 15, 2017 2:03 PM

Jan 2011
It's been shown before that the Sybil system can override Dominator settings, so if it wants someone killed, the actual Psycho-Pass doesn't matter. I wouldn't be surprised if it can decide Psycho-Pass ratings however it wants, too. Not that it matters. Most enforces and inspectors simply do what the Dominator tells them. If the Dominator can shoot, they shoot, if not, they do nothing.

Also, besides Akane nobody knows the truth, and most don't even know that you can have a low Psycho-Pass while essentially committing a crime. Even Ginoza isn't really on the same page as Akane her, he still doubts her after all they've gone through in season 1.

I bet the monitoring of apartments is also only Psycho-Pass based, no sound/video or anything else. Thats why they doubt that anyone would be capable of entering an apartment without their being evidence. Entering someone else apartment without their permission is a crime, a crime means high crime coefficent, high crime coefficent means it would be detected, logged and probably automatic call to the MWPSB. So no alarm means nobody entered, and it was all Akane.

That is also why they can't simply look at the video our audio surveillance. If normally only the owner can access it, it wouldn't be a problem for 100% audio and video surveillance. And it's not like they don't already collect data that is at least as sensitive at every corner - your mind and other biological readings, so privacy is not really the issue.

Only that it doesn't work that way.

Also partly explains why they didn't look at the video data at that faciltiy, despite quite a bit being available before the old guy destroyed it (and they can't know that before trying anyways). Also explains why they don't use drones with video feed or so to insert into such a building.

They really completely on the Sybil system, and when that fails everything fails. The crime coefficent determines if it is a crime, not a law that formulates what is/is not allowed. No crime coefficent means no Dominator, so even if you think it's wrong what someone is doing you can't take action as apparently nobody ever used anything besides a Dominator, besides there actually being more officially endorsed weapons, and why nobody has any training in hand-to-hand combat or anything.

Even Kamui..if you really want to *change* things, why do you make the guys you manipulated kill other people? And why do you make the MWPSB kill people? As Makashima before, there is no real sense of the villian really wanting to make things better, they just want to hurt and kill people like an ordinary gangster and try to make up some lofty reason to do so, instead of admitting it, even to themselves.

Hurting them to make them *feel*, maybe. Apparently it did work with the inspector. But killing them while accusing the system of killing them? Huh? At the very least, it's the same. And whether being in agony for several minutes until you are finally dead is better than not feeling anything and slowly slipping away.. i don't know.
Feb 18, 2017 8:10 PM
Jul 2018
Well that was fucked up. Jesus Christ.
I love it. :P

No but really, this villain seems very chilling. Psycho Pass is doing it again!
Everyone says that this season sucks, so I'm scared that it will only get worse... These first 4 episodes are freaking awesome, though.

kuudere-ish said:
URGHH that new inspector bitch is really getting on my nerves. all she's got is a snappy tone and that's about it.

That and she's a complete fucking idiot. Hopefully seeing this massacre will change her attitude. A shame that such a slaughter was the way it had to be done. I don't like her at all.

Crashmatt said:
That was such a poorly written episode. why would you let an elderly man beat the shit out of you with a stick and just stand there and take it? It makes no sense. Then we have a Dues ex machina enforcer rifle that can shoot through walls. Brilliant stuff.

This episode did have a lot of shock factor but come on, maybe the guy was strong. There's strong "elderly" people, as long as they're not in their 80's or something lol. Hardly unrealistic, considering the dude only looked as if he was 50-60 years old.
removed-userFeb 18, 2017 8:14 PM
Mar 22, 2017 6:56 PM

Sep 2015
The new inspector was really the reason that bloody mess happened.
Apr 3, 2017 1:11 PM
May 2013
I wish Shinya was here.
Togane is the only one capable in this show.
I see Kamui is the opposite of Shougo, why cloud people's hue, when you can make them clear and psychopaths and see how Sibyl crumbles.
The death flag was obvious but I won't feel less bad about Aoyanagi death...
Apr 20, 2017 3:42 AM

May 2010
The way Mika is written is really infuriating. I refuse to believe shes the girl from S1, this writer can keep his lame characterization to himself, no thanks.
Jul 13, 2017 3:29 AM

Dec 2013
Mika is a perfect example of their current society state. Coward who cares only about her own well-being and psychopass. For me she isn't poorly written, she's just a bad person.
Aug 16, 2017 3:48 AM

May 2016
That was so cruel ;-;
Sep 6, 2018 6:19 PM
Dec 2014
Well, first of all, I will say that Aoyanagi, you are hot but you are weak, aren't ya.

@CrunchOfAnime @-Cracker- @TomDay

I know your post is over year old so don't feel the need to reply, but I do not think that the event in this episode is that unreasonable.

Looking at all the inspectors (not Enforcers) shown so far, they are all terrible, terrible combatants without their Dominator. My guess is that combat training is kept at a minimum to prevent their hue from getting clouded. There is a certain disconnect between pulling the trigger on a gun that is connected to the "judiciary system" in that world (Sybil) and flattening a person's face with your fist. It would explain why Aoyanagi only resorted to a weapon (shared of glass) and ignore the CC AFTER she has her own CC has passed the point of non-return. It would also explain why she was more fierce at that point, because she didn't worry as much anymore.

Keeping that in mind, it would explain why everyone held hostage were so helpless. If the law enforcement (other than Enforcers) were so poorly equipped for hand to hand combat, it would stand that the public are even more reserved towards violence even in self-defense, because it often mean that they would end up in that point of non return too. The big guy who first attacked the old man (who has no concern over his CC) likely did so half-heartedly, which resulted in his skull getting smashed. I think that this world is a bit similar to the world in Demolition Man (old movie), where people have become too peaceful to deal with the unthinkable instance where they have to deal with someone who have no issue with harming others.

Also, attacking someone not considered a target for judgement is likely a crime in itself, and remember, officially there is no case of Dominator failing to judge a criminal. Akane, the chief, and we the viewers are the only one who know better than to blinding trust the CC.

There is a lot of hate for Mika, and while I dislike the way she is now, I think that her actions are quite understandable considering their environment. Some people note that Mika has been around for 1.5 years already, but Gino and most enforcers probably had even more years over Akane when she first joined and I think there is a good chance they would all act more like Mika than Akane. Akane basically was forced to grow really fast after encountering a situation where her Dominator was impotent, and she was shown the truth about the Sybil system. Without such "privileges", it would not be a surprise if a veteran inspector (Aoyanagi), let alone Mika, would just blindly follow Sybil/the chief's judgement.
Sep 10, 2018 6:24 PM

Feb 2015
AxBattler said:
Well, first of all, I will say that Aoyanagi, you are hot but you are weak, aren't ya.

@CrunchOfAnime @-Cracker- @TomDay

I know your post is over year old so don't feel the need to reply, but I do not think that the event in this episode is that unreasonable.

Looking at all the inspectors (not Enforcers) shown so far, they are all terrible, terrible combatants without their Dominator. My guess is that combat training is kept at a minimum to prevent their hue from getting clouded. There is a certain disconnect between pulling the trigger on a gun that is connected to the "judiciary system" in that world (Sybil) and flattening a person's face with your fist. It would explain why Aoyanagi only resorted to a weapon (shared of glass) and ignore the CC AFTER she has her own CC has passed the point of non-return. It would also explain why she was more fierce at that point, because she didn't worry as much anymore.

Keeping that in mind, it would explain why everyone held hostage were so helpless. If the law enforcement (other than Enforcers) were so poorly equipped for hand to hand combat, it would stand that the public are even more reserved towards violence even in self-defense, because it often mean that they would end up in that point of non return too. The big guy who first attacked the old man (who has no concern over his CC) likely did so half-heartedly, which resulted in his skull getting smashed. I think that this world is a bit similar to the world in Demolition Man (old movie), where people have become too peaceful to deal with the unthinkable instance where they have to deal with someone who have no issue with harming others.

Also, attacking someone not considered a target for judgement is likely a crime in itself, and remember, officially there is no case of Dominator failing to judge a criminal. Akane, the chief, and we the viewers are the only one who know better than to blinding trust the CC.

There is a lot of hate for Mika, and while I dislike the way she is now, I think that her actions are quite understandable considering their environment. Some people note that Mika has been around for 1.5 years already, but Gino and most enforcers probably had even more years over Akane when she first joined and I think there is a good chance they would all act more like Mika than Akane. Akane basically was forced to grow really fast after encountering a situation where her Dominator was impotent, and she was shown the truth about the Sybil system. Without such "privileges", it would not be a surprise if a veteran inspector (Aoyanagi), let alone Mika, would just blindly follow Sybil/the chief's judgement.

i haven't read all of your reply but i will. i just wanted to tell you that i don't care about replies to posts that are old. i do it all the time :)
Oct 2, 2018 2:52 PM

Jan 2017
I guess this is the peak of the second season. Can't get worse than having a likeable Inspector killed by the same government she works for. Q_Q

Ringlord said:
surfboard_ said:

That's because a sequel isn't needed at all. They're only doing it for the money. Needless killing scenes are okay since its written by Urobochi, it is their own fanservice. You can even laugh because there are "serious" animators doing this kind of thing.

Season 2 isn't written by Urobochi, it's by Ubukata (Mardock, GitS Arise).

The same writer from Arise? FUUUUUU, does this guy write any competent script in his career?
Oct 3, 2018 1:52 AM

Jan 2014
Linerax said:
The same writer from Arise? FUUUUUU, does this guy write any competent script in his career?

Apparently not. I was quite taken in by the first season, yet I'm dropping this one halfway through the fourth episode. Hell, Arise was better even.

There exists a word in Japanese for when in a story, the plot is moved forward only by the covenient stupidity of its character(s). I can't remember what that word was (if anyone does remember, please tell me), but this season seems to completely depend on it.

The whole lock-down incident made no sense, Shimotsuki's reluctancy to act made no sense; yes she's a idiot, but as a Sybil picked ace, allready working with Akane for more than a year, she can be expected to be at least somewhat competent at her basic job; but most of all Akane's complete lack of suspicion towards the situation does not fit her character at all.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 7, 2018 7:51 AM
Aug 2018
What the hell happened?
I hate all the new characters so far except kamui. I hope Mika is the one who died instead of the sexy inspector. Hate u Sybil system and division 3!!!
Dec 31, 2018 9:06 AM
Jun 2017
Hands down the best episode in this Crappy Season
Jan 15, 2019 3:49 AM
Oct 2016
Shit gets serious here, but it's still wrong. Why kill the victims too? All of because of the stress level increases, they have to be judged? Stupid fucked up shit.
Mar 24, 2019 6:42 PM

Nov 2016
Well damn, what a bunch of retards.

It wasn't your fault Aoyanagi, it was the system which caused to end your life in such a cruel and tragic manner. And this should've been clear at this point. In spite of that I still won't perceive her death as meaningless since it left an impact.

That aside, I couldn't help but burst out laughing when the hostages were trying to escape solely to get wrecked. It just looked too fucking retarded. Best part was definitely when Akane arrived at the scene and shouted "What are you doing?" merely split seconds before the last person blew up xD

Fucked up episode for sure.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 19, 2019 1:56 PM

Mar 2018
The episode overall was very shocking and unexpected. However, the level of stupidity of the new characters is killing me! I can't stand any of them, especially that bitch Shimotsuka. They definitely killed off the wrong inspector. Up till now, I feel like the villain this season is a cheap copy of one of the greatest villains of all time, Makishima. Hopefully, the plot device for the next episodes won't be the stupidity and passiveness of the characters.
Jul 11, 2019 7:45 AM

Dec 2018
That old man is too OP, and the reason they're not fighting back is cause "RESPECT THE ELDER." JK. This is just dumb, we all know that in S1 when there's a riot with the helmet army and the society, the society can fight back, yet in this they all just dumb, maybe the Old man's charisma? lol.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

641 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

264 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

336 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

354 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

272 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 4:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.