Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 10, 4:00 PM
Dec 2023
All right, we are almost to the end of spring 2024.

Spring anime was enjoyable to watch this year. Personally, I enjoyed this season more than winter, mainly because of the existing series such as sequels. I also liked the announcements on new and existing anime that are coming like Spy x Family season 3. I will miss some anime, and I will look forward to new projects on the anime here when they are announced.

This Spring, I had more anime to watch and enjoy more than Winter because of the amount of popular series. Here are the series I enjoyed:

Konosuba
Demon Slayer
Mushoku Tensei
Spice and Wolf
My hero academia
Kaiju no. 8
Yuru camp
Tsukimichi
Delicious in Dungeon
Pokémon
One Piece
Reincarnated as a slime
Irregular at magic high school
Wind breaker
Date a live
Bartender
Misfit of demon academy
Unnamed memory
Mission: Yozakura family
Black butler
Duke of death and his maid
Salad bowl of eccentrics

These are the anime I enjoyed this season. This season had also popularity in numerous amounts this season from the anime we waited for. I would like to here which anime anyone has enjoyed. It does not matter how popular the anime is. Anime is meant to be entertainment for us viewers which we enjoy. All that matters if anyone has anime one likes. If anyone has a list, I would like to see one, if that is okay, I mean it is optional, but it would be fun to see the reviews of which anime one likes.
Jun 10, 4:14 PM
Awkward Fellow

Oct 2018
My faves among the 20 seasonals I’m currently watching:
Mushoku Tensei II Part 2
Kaiju No. 8
Yuru Camp Season 3
Train to the End of the World

Pretty confident in my 1st & 2nd seeds, but Train could overtake Camp depending on the finale. Of the remaining series, I have largely mixed feelings. A lot is riding on how they end the cour.
OhayotakuJun 10, 9:16 PM
Jun 10, 7:40 PM

Feb 2020
Yuri Camp Season 3 is my favorite show this season.
Jun 10, 7:58 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I haven't seen a lot, but Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai and You Shou Yan 3rd Season are my picks.
Jun 10, 9:28 PM

Mar 2023
I haven't watch alot of anime this season but my favorite gotta be Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru.
Jun 10, 9:41 PM

Sep 2022
My top favorite Spring 2024 anime are:

1. Date A Live Season 5
2. Sound! Euphonium Season 3
3. Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included
4. An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride
5. Delicious in Dungeon
6. Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation Season 2 Part 2
7. Yuru Camp Season 3
Jun 10, 9:44 PM

Apr 2022
Favorite anime spring 2024. Delicious in Dungeon
Hey dude
Jun 10, 10:25 PM

Aug 2010
Dungeon Meshi from last season is still my favorite. If only from spring 2024 then Yuru Camp season 3 although I needed some time to adjust with the new art style at first.

I'm not watching that many at all this season, and have yet to watch Demon Slayers that I intend to watch once the season is complete.
Jun 11, 12:10 AM

Apr 2021
Date a Live 5, Konosuba s3, Sentai Daishikkaku are my favorites this season.
Jun 11, 12:12 AM

May 2018
Dungeon Meshi
Sentai Daishikkaku
Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai
Kaijuu 8-gou
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season
Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season
The Fable
Jun 11, 12:34 AM

Apr 2016
I genuinely think Sentai Daishikkaku is the best anime this season.
Jun 11, 12:48 AM

Sep 2016
Jun 11, 1:07 AM
Oct 2023
Many new animes I liked this season, pretty good season
1. Windbreaker
2. Kaijuu no.8

And coninued shows are also good
1.Mushoku Tensei
2. Demon Slayer

OmBerry12_BleachJun 11, 3:43 AM
Jun 11, 1:09 AM

Jan 2009
highspeed etoile im a fan of racing anime even though im no fan of sports racing
Jun 11, 1:13 AM

Jul 2020
I only look forward to 3 shows each week: Kenka Dokugaku, Henjin no Salad Bowl, Urusei Yatsura 2nd Season. These are my top 3 this season (although technically Urusei Yatsura is from the previous one).
Jun 11, 3:10 AM

Sep 2018
Every currently airing anime I'm rating above my own average:

Dungeon Meshi (AOTY)
Pokemon
Girls Band Cry
Spice & Wolf
Yuru Camp s3
Bartender
Henjin no Salad Bowl
T.P Bon
Mushoku Tensei s2
Shinigami Bocchan s3
Jun 11, 4:22 AM
Sleepy

Feb 2023
The new Bartender anime is my favorite from this season. Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? comes close as well.
Jun 11, 9:24 AM

Aug 2013
I enjoyed these so far:

Konosuba 3 - I have to admit the start was like a cold shower, it has been to long. However I persisted & at this rate I'm used to it once more. It's super wacky & loud, but funny.
Demon Slayer - Only 5 episodes, there hasn't happened much action atm, but this is just the calm before the storm.
Pervy Sage - I was getting annoyed with Rudeus playing house, but finally he left that behind him and went on adventure. I don't understand Hitogami implored Rudeus to stay with Sylphy & marry either Pursena or Rinia since Rudeus is now the once that saved Roxy... The plot thickens... I don't trust Hitogami anymore, curious to see how it will evolve.
Kaijuu 8 - Always fun seeying a new show that is good.
Go! Go! Loser Ranger! - I'm rooting for the monster! The show had a great start, we'll see how it will further evolve.
I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince - Tbh I don't like how the male MC looks, he has girly eyes, thighs & female allure, extremely weird. BUT if you shove that ladyboy attitude aside, the show is pretty good, I'm really enjoying it.
Fenrys is life, she solo carries this show made out of dreamstuff. I know it's a pretty generic isekai, nothing special, except of course our adorable & sweet Fenrys.
An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride - I'm not really sold out on the romance aspect in this show, but Valefor invited me to stay and I'll gladly see this through.
The New Gate - Nothing special, pretty generic. What I'm seeying doesn't fit with what I remember from the manga but w/e Schnee is there to welcome you.
Viral Hit - If this is the start of a huge influx of manhwa concetrated around the genre of schoolbullies/youtubers/vTubers, I'm not gonna stick with all of them, since the overall quality isn't soaring skyhigh. I can imagine the younger generation might dig this shizzle, it's very modern. I can't jam a lot with it though, but it's probably just a generational difference.
The Fable - Either people are sleeping on this one or my taste is just wildly out of control. I totally dig this show, it's entertaining, funny and interesting. Not all anime need moe, fanservice & lolis. Never forget, variety is the spice of life!

I dropped these:
Unnamed memory - Manga readers say this anime doesn't do the story justice and I can believe it. It's a mess & it isn't very appealing. The interactions between the characters are lackluster and certainly not memorable at all.
Highspeed Etoile - Utter trash, no idea why and for who this was made in the first place, not for racefans that's for sure, ultra boring, even the commentators are bored lol Don't believe me? Check out the first episode and judge for yourself! :D

Still need to check these:
Bartender - I need some encouragement and/or motivation to start with this one tbh.
Kings Avatar 3 - I just discovered it already started airing, I saw S1 & 2. About time this new season came, sure took a long while...
CoaghimJun 11, 9:28 AM
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

OMFG THE HYPE IS REAL!!! ELDEN RING SHADOW OF THE ERDTREE wOOt!! F YEAH LET'S F GOOOOOO!!!

Just saw LiSA 10th anniversary concert live! It was very fun!
Jun 11, 11:45 AM

Jan 2008
I'm behind or not started a few seasonals yet but the two stands outs for me so far are Go Go Loser Ranger and Kaiju no.8
Jun 11, 11:54 AM

Nov 2022
watching only a few, Bartender is my favorite
Jun 12, 6:39 PM
Mar 2024
Dal season 5 overall the best. Nothing else really impressed me. Nearly movie level quality. Worst show in general this season is star wars the acolyte.
Jun 12, 7:42 PM

May 2015
New
1)Shuumatsu Train
2)Girls Band Cry
3)was Jellyfish, but the last few episodes have been pretty lackluster

Sequels/remakes
1) Hibike Euphonium
2) Ookami to Koushinryou
3) Yuru Camp/Mushoku Tensei
Jun 12, 8:57 PM

Mar 2023
Hibike 3, Yuru Camp 3, Konosuba 3, Dungeon Meshi
Jun 12, 9:49 PM

Oct 2016
The ending of Hibike! Euphonium 3 will determine if it's my favourite of the season, or Yuru Camp 3 will take that place.
Jun 13, 6:03 PM

Jul 2017
Mushoku Tensei S2P2's easily the standout of the season for me, but I'll also add some others I liked for the sake of not being biased. Those remaining episodes to come at the time of writing this post has real potential to seal the deal for this being my favorite of the year. Even amidst how great Dangers in My Heart S2 and Kingdom S5 has been.

Spice and Wolf, Dungeon Meshi cour 2, Yatagarasu, Girls Band Cry are the shows that I thought were good, wouldn't rate any of them so far a super high rating but all are good enough for the time being at least. Luckily for Spice and Wolf and Yatagarasu at least, they have additional time to make stronger impressions with both of them continuing to the Summer season.
Jun 13, 8:23 PM

Mar 2016
I guess I have four:

Girls Band Cry
Hibike Euphonium s3
Jellyfish Can't Swim
Blue Archive

Yozakura Family and Dungeon Meshi should technically be honorable mentions as long as the latter counts despite being an overlap from Winter season.

I honestly wished I had Mushoku Tensei s2 pt 2 much higher but I've been quite disappointed with how lukewarm S2 as a whole has been for the most part.
Jun 13, 8:40 PM

Jul 2015
Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai
Hibike Euphonium 3
Konosuba 3
Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi
Boukyaku Battery
Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction
& Spice and wolf remake (so far)
Jun 15, 8:48 AM
Mar 2024
Holy crap the community feels dead. Just a year ago we had over 20k voters on corner. Now struggle to get over 10k
Jun 15, 9:10 AM

Jun 2019
I'm not watching any returning older series and I'm not going to count continuing series which also ran in spring of 2024 but started in an earlier season (for me Dungeon Meshi and Tousouchuu: Great Mission).

Excluding those, I've watched or am still watching 16 different new series as far as the seasonals go. There's at least one or two more I may start at some point, and some I looked at the first episode of or even just a few scenes/few minutes of and knew they wouldn't appeal to me, so obviously not counting any of those either.

From the 16:

1.) T.P. BON - 7/10
2.) The Fable - 7/10
3.) Tonari no Youkai-san - 7/10
4.) Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? - 7/10
5.) Astro Note - 7/10
6.) Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai - 7/10
7.) Girls Band Cry - 7/10

Those are the only ones I'd rank in a favorites list as of now. As 7/10 is like my desired standard target go-to all-around average "good" score and since the rest (Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi, Blue Archive the Animation, Sentai Daishikkaku, Ooi! Tonbo, I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince So I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability, Henjin no Salad Bowl, Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai, An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride, and Grimm Kumikyoku) tentatively I'd rate as 6/10 or lower.

About the order of the ranking specifically, that I'm a little less certain about as all of the series are still airing, two are two-cour so have like half their run to go still, and I'm very undecided about the placement of some in general. Particularly I could see Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? and Tonari no Youkai-san switching places depending on how Train ends with this last episode (which has now, for anyone who hasn't heard, been delayed a week) and how the last three episodes of Youkai go. And Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai and Girls Band Cry have been extremely close, down to a hairline division of difference in my estimations, for a while now. I can also see both of them swapping places depending on how they end (both also have two more new episodes to go I haven't seen as of the time of writing this).

I could even see both of those music-related series switching places with Astro Note, honestly, again, depending on how the latter ends (one episode to go there). I think the only thing I'm really certain on with the list are the following points:

- That those are the seven out of everything else I'm watching, regardless of which order they eventually assume
- The top two securely in place
- The numerical ratings (all 7/10-tier)

WatchTillTandavaJun 15, 9:29 AM
Jun 15, 9:33 AM

May 2019
Girls Band Cry miles above the other shows this season for me. It's production quality and drama are consistently great by each week it just keep getting better. Hibike Euphonium S3 with its last episode still didn't impact much from how meandering this season is. But I'm still looking forward on how it conclude too hopefully on a good note. These two shows are the only shows that I'm really looking for each week.

Jun 18, 2:58 AM

Jun 2024
Mushoku tensei, Konosuba, and Isekai Aristocrat
Jun 18, 3:17 AM

May 2021
My favorites for the season are Konosuba, Tensura, and Mushoku Tensei.
Echidna best waifu :D
Jun 18, 3:59 AM

Nov 2023
Reply to Serafos
Yuri Camp Season 3 is my favorite show this season.
@Serafos Yay! Count me in too. It's easily the best by far.
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Jun 18, 4:18 AM
Apr 2024
Dead dead demon's dededede destruction
Jun 18, 4:19 AM
Apr 2024
@jhzs0029 happy to not be the only one
Jun 18, 6:11 AM

Nov 2019
I'm only watching Hibike Euphonium 3, which is my favorite this spring (2024). I was considering The Fable at first, but after seeing the poor rating, I decided not to since I had already finished the manga, which is clearly far superior to the anime adaptation.
Jun 19, 8:29 PM
Oct 2013
I have at least have 20 anime I have caught up for this season, so I think I can safely say which anime I think is the best of the season.

Well, I will only give my top 3:

1) Mushoku Tensei S2 Part 2
2) Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night
3) Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf (never watched the original version)

Honourable mention: Yatagarasu, Girls Band Cry, Kaiju no.8, Hibike! Euphonium 3, A Salad Bowl of Eccentrics, Bartender, Konosuba S3
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Jun 30, 5:12 PM

Jul 2021
Now that most of what I've been watching is actually finished...

Top 3:
1. Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai (Yatagarasu: The Raven Does Not Choose Its Master) *
- Historical fantasy in a pseudo-feudal Japan with ruthless power struggle, tight writing and interesting characters

2. Tonari no Youkai-san
- Modern day countryside kind-of slice-of-life mixed with Japanese folklore, alternates between heartwarming and heartbreaking

3. Hibike! Euphonium 3
- Series finale of a wonderful coming-of-age story in a concert band, lovingly animated and thoughtfully written

Absolutely loved these, it's hard to choose which one is my favorite.

Honorable mention:
1. Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku?
- Weird and funny apocalyptic road-trip

Still watching, but potential favorites in the future:
1. Dungeon Meshi
2. The Fable *

* = continuing Summer 2024
Jun 30, 5:13 PM

Sep 2018
My top 3 were
1. Isekai 7th Prince
2. Tsukimichi s2
3. Konosuba s3
Jul 4, 10:35 PM

Jun 2019
Hmm, now that the season is over (it's July and every spring seasonal except the multi-cour ones has finished airing, unless any were delayed, but not what I'm watching) and I finished the last of the 16 series I watched for this season as of a few days ago (technically it's 17 now as I did indeed start watching Highspeed Etoile late and after it finished, and am still doing so, but, as of episode five at least, while it's better than its ratings relative to how general collective MAL rates everything else - and especially better than its initial 4-something rating before the season ended, I'm still fairly sure it won't make my Top 10, so no matter), I'm going to update this list now for myself and expand it out to a Top 10.

Meaning that the order of some is going to get switched around. The importance of the perspective seeing a penultimate episode and season/series finale in terms of its impact on and implications for the series as a whole is major and cannot be overstated, so yeah, after concluding all these (except two which are two-cour) and taking it all in, now I'd change my order to:

1.) T.P. BON
2.) The Fable
3.) Girls Band Cry
4.) Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku?
5.) Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai
6.) Astro Note
7.) Tonari no Youkai-san
8.) Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi
9.) Grimm Kumikyoku
10.) Blue Archive the Animation

*(As usual, continuing or returning pre-spring 2024 series were not included)
WatchTillTandavaJul 4, 10:39 PM

More topics from this board

» What is the trashiest anime genre? ( 1 2 )

basrekichka - Yesterday

60 by Coaghim »»
3 minutes ago

» What do you think about 00s anime?

RobertBobert - 4 hours ago

14 by FanofAction »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » What should be the next Type Moon anime project.

AnimePedestrian - 12 hours ago

22 by AnimePedestrian »»
10 minutes ago

» How many years has it been since you started anime? ( 1 2 )

nirererin - Jul 25

69 by FanofAction »»
24 minutes ago

» Do you see value in someone having a "different/unique" favorites list/3x3? ( 1 2 )

thewiru - Yesterday

51 by JaniSIr »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.