Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 7, 2023 7:00 AM

Dec 2021
So basically, she intruded into her room while she was asleep, kissed her, coerced her into an unwanted contract, and now breaking it would mean her demise. Plus, she's being dispatched to war. It's undeniably twisted, and I'm completely engrossed. Also this episode aired last night on ABEMA, don't know why.

After three years of living as a shut-in, vampire Terakomari Gandesblood, known as Komari, awakens to a surprising revelation – she's been assigned as a Commander in the Mulnite Imperial Army! However, her new unit is comprised entirely of unruly troublemakers who rebel against their superiors at the slightest sign of weakness. Despite hailing from a lineage of vampires known for their power and prestige, Komari's choice to abstain from blood has left her appearing quite ordinary – frail, uncoordinated, and lacking in magical prowess. Faced with daunting odds, can her devoted (and slightly smitten) maid Vill provide enough support for this recluse to stumble her way to success? Or will Komari come to regret the day she ventured out from the safety of her room? That's the setup for Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon.

Ngl, this episode carries a strong "Overlord" vibe, complete with an army of fervent fans hanging onto her every word. It's a delightful blend of comedy with a touch of action. Where can I join the Komari fan club? This story has unquestionably won me over, and I'm eager to dive myself deeper into the world it has woven. The vibrant characters and the interesting to say the least dynamics between them only serve to further enhance the overall experience.

if there's anything to take out of this episode, it's that almost everyone in the show is going to be scum.

Nov 2011
Well, this was quite something. Might need to get used to Komari as she has a rather blunt personality as a shut-in girl. On the other hand is the more stoic maid Villhaze. Karen also shows up too and she can't seem to take her hands off of Komari LOL

The show has alot of colorful moments so far and I think it's the personality factor that makes the cast kinda fun to watch. Animation quality isn't stellar but works. There doesn't seem to be some complex story to this. It's mainly focused on Komari and her daily shenanigans.

Jul 2017
Author Kotei Kobayashi's only work of a shut-in princess, this has similarities and differences to some of its cousin works in the past, of which is a blend of Fall 2018's Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san and Fall 2020's Maoujou de Oyasumi.

The ex-shut-in vampire princess of Terakomari "Komari" Gandesblood, her personal maid Villhaze of the Mulnite Imperial Army, doesn't allow her to go to the toilet and take a piss. Even worse, the kiss contract with the emblem on her stomach means that she's part of the 7 Crimson Lords, which her father forced her to be one with a kiss from the Empress, and if she doesn't comply, she would be blown up into smithereens. But as much as Komari is weak, the platoon under her of the 500-men strong 7th unit, Vill has to help Komari lie her way through.

One person dead, who really cares? But as much as everyone's skeptical of her, they're prepared to be loyal to her for what comes ahead, even if Komari has to lie as if her life grants on it. And in a war where everyone can fight till the death and revive thereafter, this Dark Core Zone is truly ultimate. But the tabloid that spreads of Komari's false news about her omelette rice, yelp. More than the Yuri between Komari and Vill, this is comedy unhinged.

Tomori Kusunoki really nailed being Komari's VA, she sounds like the old-timer's Tsundere. This comedy sure be finna fun.
KANLen09Oct 13, 2023 4:34 AM
Oct 7, 2023 7:02 AM

Jan 2018
This was one of the shows I was looking forward to the most this season. And it was so much fun. The characters are really funny. Komari is great. Kusunoki Tomori really nailed it with her role. I absolutely can't wait for more.
Oct 7, 2023 7:32 AM

Apr 2010
Well so for it seems interesting the maid is funny to i have seen her type before.
The main will be having a hard time hopefully she will manage in the long run, her army seems weird tho but it's a comedy so that's normal i guess.
Oct 7, 2023 7:43 AM

Mar 2021
This was a great start to a very interesting show I already love How cute Komari is and how crazy her maid is around her
Oct 7, 2023 7:45 AM

Oct 2014
Kind of sad to see how much efforts and budget was put into this after what they did to Otonari.
Oct 7, 2023 7:53 AM
Feb 2022
Im shocked about how good this was considering what studio is making this
Oct 7, 2023 8:01 AM
Jul 2016
They nailed all the "komari faces" perfectly ! I'm glad the adaptation of this funny LN seems to be done nicely :D !

Can't wait to see more of Komari and Vill interaction through the season.
Oct 7, 2023 8:01 AM

Oct 2017
Kind of an amusing start, really liked the maid. She's cute.
Oct 7, 2023 8:02 AM
Jan 2023
This absolutely reached my expectation. Terakomari and Villhaze's VAs are so good and the scenes are hillarious too. Project No.9 absolutely nailed this one
Oct 7, 2023 8:05 AM

Apr 2022
i was not looking forward to this at all, yet it easily turned out to be one of the best first episodes this season. didn't know project no.9 was capable of cooking like that, the visuals are so clean, and i didn't know makima's VA could be capable of sounding like that either.
a crimson lord vampire who doesn't consume blood, should be interesting. villhaze looks great, especially right at the end, that was hot. her dad, the empress, and that one guy with shades in the army were hilarious. this should be a fun watch.
great start, now i'm gonna be looking forward to this a lot and fingers crossed that the quality stays this good all the way.
Oct 7, 2023 8:16 AM

Oct 2019
Yes, this is definitely gonna be a lit season.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Oct 7, 2023 8:18 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i LOVE IT... i'd just love it THAT MUCH MORE if only there were some girls in the armies T___T
Oct 7, 2023 8:20 AM

Dec 2018
That screaming male annoyed me so much. But then he was dead =) lying in his own blood. That was so fucking funny. I laughed so much I almost cried =P Brillant move anime! Good for you

And to top it off. The cheery on the cake. Villhaze said "We should spit on his corpse" YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! You should! You are my good girl honey!

I could not help but notice while they were hugging. Villhaze was massaging Terakomari ass. Really firmly rubbing it. Her hands went up and down and were all over her ass Lol. You are a perv pumpkin copping a feel like that ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Then my lesbian slept together and one of them was naked Hehehehehehe and probably got kissed by the empress in their sleep

Even if this has red flags all over it, I do prefer only girls in my Yuri it works better for my taste. But still, the Yuri vibes were strong, and I had so much fun watching it. The most fun I had the whole week

Hope for some more lesbian kissing in future episodes,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Do you like rubbing her ass or something sweetheart? Hehehe it sure looks like it

Mod Edit: Since the same image was used 3 times, I have deleted two of them. this only makes the post unnecessarily long.
-DxP-Oct 8, 2023 2:31 AM
Oct 7, 2023 8:24 AM

May 2020
Fall... the season co-sponsored by yuri shows left and right.
Oct 7, 2023 8:26 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Yeah, ok, this is probably gonna be as yuri as I expect it to be. I wonder why the tag isn't in the main page but regardless. From the cover, I was missing the context of how this relationship came to be and it's pretty dumb. The highlights of the show will probably be how Tekomari interacts with the maid and the rest with complete disregard of their advances even if they seem too touchy (the maid already stripped naked btw).

"Yeah, this is one of those" episode
โ “โ ฅโ โ โ โ Šโ žโ ฝ โ žโ “โ —โ •โ ฅโ ›โ “ โ Žโ •โ โ ‘ โ Žโ žโ ฅโ โ Šโ ™โ Šโ žโ ฝโ ‚ โ Žโ •โ โ ‘ โ บโ Šโ ‡โ ‡ โ Žโ …โ Šโ  โ บโ โ Žโ “โ Šโ โ › โ žโ “โ ‘โ Šโ — โ “โ โ โ ™โ Ž โ โ โ ™ โ ‘โ โ ™ โ ฅโ  โ —โ ฅโ Šโ โ Šโ โ › โ Š
โ ž โ ‹โ •โ — โ ‘โ งโ ‘โ —โ ฝโ •โ โ ‘
โ Žโ “โ Šโ Šโ …โ • โ โ •โ Žโ •โ Šโ ‚ โ ผโ ƒโ ผโ šโ ผโ โ ผโ “
Oct 7, 2023 8:52 AM
Jan 2021
THE GOAT THE GOAT wwwwwww
Oct 7, 2023 8:53 AM
Aug 2022
Funny af first episode. The maid kinda reminds me of himeji from liar liar but she’s like a lot more bolder than her.

I remember watching my one hit kill sister and thinking that the plot was really stupid and I found the show really boring but this show basically has the same plot and I liked it a hell of a lot more probably because the main character of this show are a lot more appealing and funny to watch.

Great first episode. Definitely one of the funnier things airing this season.
Oct 7, 2023 8:54 AM
Sep 2015
It's obviously yuri but I don't mind since she has 500 hot men, even fluffy werewolf under her command. But wait, is there a point of being a vampire since every nation can be resurrected by magic stone? This empire could be a normal human species and the story would still be the same. Of course, unless there's a "drinking blood" scene involve in the future...
Oct 7, 2023 8:56 AM
Aug 2019
This is not the Project No.9 that I know
Oct 7, 2023 9:29 AM
Apr 2022
Great beginning, was anticipating this show for so long…
Oct 7, 2023 9:45 AM
Sep 2023
great quality animation and story wise. like the mc but the maid is the one thats most impressive.
and the dad, monarch was entertainment. it can be 10/10 only if rest of episodes are as interesting but most animes have gotten boring since then tbc.
i really hope it becomes good as kono suba.
nonsenseone1Oct 7, 2023 9:53 AM
Oct 7, 2023 10:21 AM
Feb 2021
The socially awkward Kamari is extremely weak due to her inability to drink blood, but by a twist of fate, she becomes a general known as the "Seven-Colored Heaven." As a general, she must hide the fact that she is weak from her subordinates, leading to a series of interesting stories. The main female character's cute pouting is adorable. You may not become a vampire that dominates the world, but you have conquered me.
Oct 7, 2023 10:48 AM
Feb 2016
Me gusto este primer capitulo.

Oct 7, 2023 10:55 AM

Mar 2020
Is Project No.9 cooking up something nice for once? I'd say that was pretty solid, the comedy is good so far, with Komari just becoming a commander of the Imperial Army just like that, with her army all supporting her. I think the key to me liking this one or not is whether or not the rest of the characters are just pure scummy people or not, gonna need some fun side characters as well here.
Oct 7, 2023 10:59 AM

Jul 2022
For the first episode, it was kind of surprising quality you got here. The animation was so good and clean to capture the funny moments and some serious moments. The VA doing their job really well done according to the character personality. The chcaracter's personality is very unique and funny for this kind of genre of anime. Komari is so beautiful and cute like a little child that melts everyone hearts. It's kind of surprising that this anime nailed on comedy while can tell the serious backstory of the MC at one episode. Also the lore told is understandable for the vampire era at that point. What a strong first episode and looking forward for the next episode. 5/5 rating for the first episode.

Here's some moments :
In the court just wearing pijamas and she looks so smol. So cute

Just the random body bag makes it so hilarious

Komari angry animation so kawaii

Nosebleed part 1

Nosebleed part 2

Mod Edit: Please hide the images behind spoiler tags if you want to include multiple images in a single post.
-DxP-Oct 8, 2023 2:35 AM

Oct 7, 2023 11:14 AM

Apr 2022
It's a big maybe whether I'll watch the whole season of this or not. With the mc being as annoying as she is, it might not happen. Some jokes are funny, though.

Oct 7, 2023 11:25 AM

Feb 2019
PEAK IS HERE. We are eating so good this season with female MCs and yuri stuff. Hikikomari is going to be one of, if not the best. Excellent introduction to the world and these characters. Project no.9 are cooking. The direction and voice acting was amazing.

“Please listen to me while you pee yourself” ๐Ÿ˜‚ yea Vill is already showing what makes her so great.

What a way to be woken from a long slumber right? Being thrust in a leadership position in charge of people who are all stronger than you lol. Komarin has her hands full. Luckily, she has two things going for her. Being extremely cute and funny, and her trusty maid Vill who will help her keep everyone in line.

Soldiers already fully behind Komarin’s leadership lol. That speech got the job done

Sides hurt from laughing throughout the episode. Suzushiro Sayumi and Kusonoki Tomari were amazing. Really nailed the dynamic of Vill and Komarin. I’m so looking forward to an entire season of these two bozos. Plenty of Yuri undertones in the episode and to come ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ

yea we eating good
Marinate1016Oct 7, 2023 11:54 AM
Oct 7, 2023 11:42 AM
Jun 2020
That was one hell of a well-directed episode.
Oct 7, 2023 11:55 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to Marinate1016
PEAK IS HERE. We are eating so good this season with female MCs and yuri stuff. Hikikomari is going to be one of, if not the best. Excellent introduction to the world and these characters. Project no.9 are cooking. The direction and voice acting was amazing.

“Please listen to me while you pee yourself” ๐Ÿ˜‚ yea Vill is already showing what makes her so great.

What a way to be woken from a long slumber right? Being thrust in a leadership position in charge of people who are all stronger than you lol. Komarin has her hands full. Luckily, she has two things going for her. Being extremely cute and funny, and her trusty maid Vill who will help her keep everyone in line.

Soldiers already fully behind Komarin’s leadership lol. That speech got the job done

Sides hurt from laughing throughout the episode. Suzushiro Sayumi and Kusonoki Tomari were amazing. Really nailed the dynamic of Vill and Komarin. I’m so looking forward to an entire season of these two bozos. Plenty of Yuri undertones in the episode and to come ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ

yea we eating good
@Marinate1016 Somehow the version I've watched is less censored than that. Intriguing.

Anyway, I don't Project no.9 trust at all but this 1st ep was the best I ever seen from them.. hopefully they can keep a consistent quality and not fall apart completely like usual(at least it starts from a higher point lol).
Oct 7, 2023 11:56 AM

Feb 2019
TiagoCosta said:
@Marinate1016 Somehow the version I've watched is less censored than that. Intriguing.

Anyway, I don't Project no.9 at all but this 1st ep was the best I ever seen from them.. hopefully they can keep a consistent quality and not fall apart completely like usual(at least it starts from a higher point lol).

Project no.9 are always good, never had a bad product
Oct 7, 2023 12:01 PM
Jul 2017
Presumably insurrection douchebag vampire will not be respawning because he died away from the battlefield?

I'm very curious about rapping sunglasses vampire though

@EcchiGodMamster The shadows of the other generals suggested there were other women in the military. But it's probably a combination of lazy sexism and saving budget on soldier models
Oct 7, 2023 12:38 PM

Jun 2017
This was pretty fun, it's like a sort of reverse Liar Liar.
Oct 7, 2023 12:38 PM

Feb 2007
That maid... Where you'd expect headpats, she's stroking her butt instead. :D
Oct 7, 2023 12:42 PM
Oct 2022
Aside from Hoshikuzu Telepath, this anime was the one I anticipated the most. I've been reading the manga adaptation and the LN for quite some time (manga is easily 9/10) so my expectations were quite high. However, much to my dismay, I was met with a mild disappointment. The dialogues are unnatural and bland (unlike other versions), voice acting just don't match with characters (which is especially true for the Empress), the animation is mediocre at best and the pacing feels rushed. I genuinely wanted to like everything about it, but the closer I got to the end of the episode, the bigger was my anxiety for the future of this series. But hey, there's 11 more episodes to go so let's not give up our hope just yet
TheEventHoriz0nOct 7, 2023 12:52 PM
Oct 7, 2023 1:13 PM
Mar 2017
MC is pretty insufferable.
Oct 7, 2023 1:22 PM

Aug 2013
This seems to be quite fun.
Oct 7, 2023 2:29 PM

Jun 2023
Wow. Did Project No.9 really make this? The comedy was quite good this episode.
Oct 7, 2023 2:34 PM
Mar 2012
More Peak Yuri. Was looking forward to this one the most, and it didn't disappoint.
Oct 7, 2023 2:53 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to Marinate1016
TiagoCosta said:

Anyway, I don't Project no.9 at all but this 1st ep was the best I ever seen from them.. hopefully they can keep a consistent quality and not fall apart completely like usual(at least it starts from a higher point lol).

Project no.9 are always good, never had a bad product
@Marinate1016
Nah, Otonari no Tenshi-sama is pretty poor quality. I'm usually not too mindful of low quality animation, but it's pretty bad if they can't even make two people sitting on a couch at least look decent.

I love KuruMizu!
Oct 7, 2023 2:54 PM

Feb 2019
Maplelilyy said:
@Marinate1016
Nah, Otonari no Tenshi-sama is pretty poor quality. I'm usually not too mindful of low quality animation, but it's pretty bad if they can't even make two people sitting on a couch at least look decent.

Nah. You’re entitled to that opinion, I’ve heard it before, I don’t agree though.
Oct 7, 2023 4:02 PM

Jun 2016
Kawaii overload and lot of fun. XD I adore it so much yet.
Seiyuu cast of very high quality too.
Franz_FurantsuOct 7, 2023 4:06 PM
Oct 7, 2023 4:42 PM

Apr 2020
Honestly loved it, cute girls and good comedy.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Oct 7, 2023 4:55 PM

Dec 2016
I watched The first episode of the Potion Isekai and this one, and even though this one looks far better in art and animation, I don't think I laughed on a single joke on this one, nor genuinely felt entertained at all with all the infodumping and neck breaking speed of the story.

I'll drop it here and just wait until it reaches mid season to see if it's worthy to pick it back up.
Oct 7, 2023 4:58 PM

Dec 2013
I loved this, so funny and so many cute girls, that moment with Villhaze rubbing Terakomari's butt had me in tears and man, I already love that dude with the glasses and scarf, he cares about nothing and nobody, he is just vibing.
Oct 7, 2023 5:46 PM
Jun 2020
I cant wait for that scene
Oct 7, 2023 6:09 PM
May 2017
Very good beginning episode!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 7, 2023 6:54 PM

Aug 2011
I thought this was a Acrueid x Konjiki no Yami all in one but instead its fate nero x Konjiki no Yami x hardcore yuri.
Oct 7, 2023 6:56 PM

Oct 2022
This is definitely a Yuri anime I just had to watch. I like how the maid totally makes her attraction to her mistress known...
UndefeatedBahamut
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2023

57 by wildhood »»
Yesterday, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

143 by FFTHEWINNER »»
Sep 5, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2023

121 by Whoareyou_vl »»
Aug 4, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

65 by qewpe »»
Aug 2, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

91 by Garrett_Dark »»
Jul 15, 5:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.