Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 20, 2018 10:52 AM
Jan 2010
I love how that retard had genocide pills on his desk where anyone could take them
May 9, 2018 4:25 AM
Jan 2012
It was orignally a antibiochem medicine, but it reacted with every remedy the idiot took for his flu and the vaccine creating the stink bomb, it was in its trial phase so they had no idea it could become the weapon it was supposedto counter.
The director did go in a frenzy when he noticed ONE missing pill,tried to cover his ass deactivating the alarms before actually putting the MC in quarantine.
Probably as the MC was sleeping the stench wasat its lowest but the air duct did the job.
Not even sure people did die, maybe they were just knocked out in his presence.
The part were no one thought of putting a written board or radio to comunicate with him was the reallystupid part, together with a smell ruining electronics and MC someway entering the exosuit and the 2 other americans letting him do it.
You can see how the plot is unrealfromhow everyone reacted, can't happen in reality.
Nov 4, 2018 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
I understand why people say first episode good and 2-3 are just meh. But I don't agree, all three is good in it's own way. I especially like music in this one.
Nov 7, 2018 12:57 AM

Jul 2009
I love how even the American military stepped in. That fart must be more lethal than a nuclear bomb.
Dec 25, 2018 11:22 PM
Jul 2018
Holy fuck this was bad. What a turnaround from the last episode.

Very silly plot that took itself way too seriously starring an MC with a bag of rocks for brains. Dragged to all hell because of the total lack of content.

1/5
Feb 6, 2019 11:25 AM

Jul 2014

How goddamn stupid can a person be, this... this is a festival of stupidity. 1st episode was great, this shit was terrible 1/10
Mar 3, 2019 9:46 AM

Dec 2016
That fucking ending lmaoooo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 16, 2019 3:38 PM

Nov 2016
This was actually pretty enjoyable, sure nothing special storywise, but nice to look at again and with a hilarious ending.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 16, 2019 6:10 PM

Oct 2016
BRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP
Anyway, this was a fun episode, but not nearly as good as the first. The ending was pretty unexpected.
I thought I would feel bad for the protagonist since I already knew the synopsis for the episode, but I ended up calling him a retard multiple times.
Also
It's probably been said dozens of times in this thread, but this story was inspired by:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Gloria_Ramirez
It's a pretty interesting read. Weird stuff.

Dec 8, 2019 11:34 AM

Feb 2009
dude was super dumb af and annoying but it was a very good episode, not on the same level as Magnetic Rose, but still it was entertaining despite some plot-holes. liked how they portrayed the military, americans and the absence of communication, the only antidote for the stink bomb.
Jan 17, 2020 1:13 PM

Nov 2012
Was definitely not a smart guy but can't help but feel bad for him after all that! haha
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Feb 8, 2020 2:42 PM

Feb 2017
I know it was supposed to be comedy and all that but the MC was just too damn stupid and annoying for me to enjoy.
Mar 14, 2020 1:32 AM

Mar 2012
Same, MC was just too ridiculously oblivious and careless.

The only redemption to his stupidity would be if it was caused by the drug so that he would keep spreading the gas, without question, like a mindless puppet.
Mar 26, 2020 10:33 AM

Apr 2016
It was weak. Too silly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2020 6:23 PM

Sep 2018
The main character is the dumbest piece of shit retard and this movie was the most uncomfortable and frustrating thing I have ever watched because I wanted him to die so badly but the military always missed him. It's like one of those intentionally unsatisfying compilation videos. Usually I don't really hate any characters to this extent. Who was I supposed to root for? Other than that, shit movie. Why did the black guy not want to kill him? He could've done that and then still retrieved the capsules he wanted so it made no sense. How was the military not able to kill him? Was this supposed to be a comedy? But it wasn't funny at all? How can something that calls itself a human being be this stupid but still intelligent enough to properly operate a bycicle?
CHIMPKINGPINApr 1, 2020 6:27 PM
Jul 29, 2020 7:41 AM
Aug 2019
it was funny how wrongly taken pill snowballed into a catastrophe haha. the mc is a dumbass but i had a good laugh coz of the exaggeration of response of the military and the ending too!
Oct 21, 2020 6:05 PM

Apr 2020
Lmao all these people criticizing this episode because the MC didn't have a brain. Big brain criticism guys *clap*. I guess y'all took ''never go full retard'' too seriously, it's okay to make something stupid to put a smile on people's face.
Nov 22, 2020 9:10 PM

Jun 2020
that motherfucker annoyed me so damn much. literally fucked everyone over LOL
Nov 27, 2020 7:12 PM
Jun 2017
What a funny story. At all times I was either laughing my ass off or smirking. Truly a good comedy.
However, the amount of idiocy in this episode is very annoying. Weren't there better ways to alert Nobuo? How did he get in the suit? How much of an idiot he was not to realize he was the one making the smell? What an idiot. If you are the only survivor of an accident and you have seen many people dying before you as you approach them, you should be already suspecting something. Also, the thing with the flowers was never explained.
Anyway, as I said, it achieved it's goal being a comedy, and achieved it very well. The audiovisuals were also very good. 8/10
Nov 29, 2020 5:59 AM
Feb 2020
Seems like lot of people didn't got this episode, it was meant to be fun...atleast I laughed a lot (specially in the end)
Jan 15, 2021 2:09 AM

Apr 2017
This episode was hilarious, and that insert song was the icing on the cake, so good.
cunnysseur
Jan 23, 2021 5:49 PM

Jun 2020
This was pretty funny. How stupid can one person possibly be?
Feb 23, 2021 4:17 PM

Sep 2018
Very stupid premise and equally stupid protagonist, I didn't like this one at all.
After thinking about it a bit though, I think it's biggest flaw was the artwork style, it sets a serious tone that doesn't really work in this one's favor as it's obviously supposed to be humorous.
Mar 30, 2021 12:19 AM

Aug 2012
Watching Memories in 2021 is quite an experience, Magnetic Rose' ship was called Corona and Stink Bomb begins with Tanaka getting a shot and wearing a mask to work.

Anyway, I like how starkly Stink Bomb contrast Magnetic. It would've made for a more cohesive product had they simply stuck to a similar theme for all the movies but variety is the spice of life, I appreciate the differences. From the very beginning Stink Bomb sets itself apart with that super happy song. While Magnetic Rose focused on a very small cast, Stink Bomb features tons of active players. While Magnetic Rose is an exploration of an empty space ship, Stink Bomb is a journey through Japan. While Magnetic Rose is a space horror, Stink Bomb is a black comedy. Where Magnetic Rose was great, Stink Bomb was a bore.

In fairness to Stink Bomb, the animation was great and I appreciated the absurd extremes it took it's premise but the further it went on the more and more I got tired of the same gag. I don't have any issue with Tanaka being stupid, I have an issue with the how the premise of the movie is really it's only joke. I found it somewhat amusing at first but it kept going on and while they did ramp up the intensity of his powers, it didn't change the fact that it was a singular gag. The technology messing up was the only new ripple they really added but it wasn't enough to really regain my attention, I was just waiting for it to wrap up. The ending gag was probably the only way to properly end this but it was too predictable for me to land.

If Magnetic Rose lingers between an 8 or 9 for me, Stink Bomb's lingering between 3 or 4. Probably closer to a 4 but boy, this is going to dragged down the score quite a bit. I'm guessing the last film will fall somewhere between those two.
Apr 9, 2021 11:45 PM

Feb 2017
Way, way weaker than the first episode. Hopefully Cannon Fodder ends on a high note.
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Jul 14, 2021 8:37 PM
Oct 2019
not good. kind of stupid, actually

sure, i can totally see some guy infecting himself in a lab like that and spreading the contagion amongst his colleagues/facility and even within the city he's in. but that he would keep heading towards f***ing tokyo with all of that devastation following him, that militaries from two separate countries are trying to stop him, capture him, fire missiles at him, kill him, etc... and he's f***ing OBLIVIOUS to wtf is going on? omg make the stupidity stop

there's no way he avoids all those missiles. there's no way he just keeps heading towards tokyo and saying to himself "why are they shooting at me?" and then doesn't actually think HE'S the problem. there's no way someone's perspiration/sweat can spread that easily via gaseous form

it's all just so dumb

4 or 5/10 for this episode. making it a 5/10 overall through 2 episodes

i REALLY enjoyed the "Nobuo's Revenge" songs that played throughout, as well as the animation quality (for the most part), but those things aren't what i judge an anime on... characters, plot, direction, etc

it's always interesting to see how america/americans are portrayed in international (in this case specifically, japanese) media

if i'm being honest, i don't feel like watching the third episode at this point
HagePotPotatoJul 14, 2021 8:41 PM
Oct 20, 2021 11:20 AM

Dec 2018
The dude took a pill and literally became invincible and a walking biohazard xd
The ending was funny but I kinda wanna know what happened afterwards ;v
Nov 28, 2021 11:41 AM

Aug 2015
That guy was dumb. I don't know why the US military allowed him to live. Hopefully the final story is better
Jan 29, 2022 1:56 PM
Jan 2021
i feel this was very Kafkaesque
Feb 16, 2022 11:52 PM

Apr 2016
this episode was so funny.
kupat kecemplung santen menawi lepat nyuwun pangapunten
Mar 7, 2022 9:35 PM

Feb 2021
I don't even want to talk about this contrived garbage. 1/10
Mar 23, 2022 5:39 AM

May 2015
It was funny and infuriating my Boi was denser than a fucking blackhole
May 26, 2022 1:40 PM
Mar 2020
To everyone who was unsettled and simply scared by this episode - you're not alone. The story is a nightmare fuel. I tried to laugh during some scenes, but couldn't shake off all the creepiness this movie evoked. All the eerie consequences of the plot.

I want to forget.
Jun 4, 2022 3:46 PM

Feb 2014
Not hard to get frustrated with this MC, he is so fucking stupid, and the ending was very predictable.

Good that some of you could enjoy this one.
Jul 18, 2022 5:35 AM

Apr 2010
That was a great dark comedy and the OST was superb!
Aug 11, 2022 12:20 PM
Dec 2021
This was a good episode though I wish we knew what really was causing it.
Aug 24, 2022 3:03 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This comment section is hilariously cringe. Riduculous over-the-top dark comedy seems to fly over people's heads.
Aug 30, 2022 7:20 AM

May 2013
Maybe I'm weird but this was my favorite out of the 3 episodes, there was just everything I loved in this, beginning with "mystery" and moving on with comedy, the direction and animation really remind me of something like Akira, so I just loved it

9/10

Nov 29, 2022 12:34 AM
Oct 2020
omg it was just so good. I need to think about it more in terms of what it means but initially having just finished it, it just makes me think about the relationship between the government and the people and just the flow on effect of our ignorance.
Dec 11, 2022 3:12 AM

Jul 2014
So much fun and beautifully animated. Kinda reminded me of Kafka by way of Godzilla, as weird as that sounds.
Take care of yourself

Jan 6, 2023 4:32 PM
Jun 2022
Unthoughtful, zero realism story concept, explanations feel forced. Comparing it to the first is like comparing different dimensions, wouldn't recommend watching this episode. The only value it holds is in the animation but it can not compensate for the horrible experience.
kakasnestJan 6, 2023 4:36 PM
Feb 7, 2023 2:23 PM
Jun 2021
I fucking love Anime fans when a character is being dense for obvious comedic reasons, you people trying your hardest to take a comedy seriously
Mar 8, 2023 8:50 PM

Sep 2020
They destroyed entire city but couldn't kill a single guy. This episode was very bad. 4/10
Mar 12, 2023 5:21 AM

Oct 2018
Most elaborate fart joke ever
~Spiritual Healing~

Apr 4, 2023 9:22 AM

Oct 2018
Looks like the entire Yoshiaki Kawajiri team is here minus him leading it, I liked it as much as the previous one. Back to back Takeshi Koike-Yasushi Muraki cuts is one of a kind.
May 3, 2023 9:36 PM
Apr 2023
i wanted more horror
Jun 25, 2023 5:14 PM

Aug 2019
That was definitely an episode..

Beautifully animated but I didn’t find it all that funny. Maybe I was taking it too seriously because of how the first episode was.
Jul 19, 2023 11:12 PM
Jul 2023
glad the animators are having fun, i just really dont like the premise and how it all works out
Aug 22, 2023 9:57 AM
Aug 2023
The second episode looks pretty silly, but I really liked the concept of it and the situation, the protagonist also being a fool and an idiot, you can take a few laughs and be impressed with how well animated it was.
Sep 22, 2023 11:34 PM
Sep 2009
After watching this episode I have come to think that there are two contrasting opinions (not regarding the score one would give it) in that the viewer thought it was either funny or infuriating, because of the stupidity of the protagonist. Regardless if taking the pill that caused his body to excrete the lethal odor had another side effect which was a factor in his stupidity, I fell into the latter category.

But other than being glad when it was over I’ve thought about it. The things I have heard about with the Japanese people, especially the shame and work culture which I will not go into detail here. It made me think, what if that was the point. That I was totally supposed to hate the protagonist but not for being a complete moron who caused way more deaths than there should have. That maybe the primary point of this episode was to be a polemic against the overpowering (blind?) obedience prevalent to the common Japanese people at the time and seemingly remaining to this very day. This was clearly shown when our protagonist just had to be a good little boy following orders even though he has military grade weapons targeted at him and sees that coming into human (with HAZMAT or not) and animal proximity is the cause of them dying.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Memories: Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cantius - Jun 26, 2009

79 by SynTrex »»
Sep 20, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Memories: Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jonnieh - Apr 30, 2009

92 by SynTrex »»
Sep 20, 8:51 AM

» Nazi Symbolism

animejnkie - Apr 9, 2009

4 by luckyducky9999 »»
Sep 29, 2023 5:30 AM

» help

Starlord09 - Mar 1, 2023

11 by GoCrayzee »»
Mar 4, 2023 8:59 AM

» Clarification

Starlord09 - Nov 29, 2022

1 by crdboard »»
Nov 29, 2022 11:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.