Forum Settings
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 16, 2020 12:00 PM

May 2016
9/10 I even considered given it a 10 but it didn't have that element I seek.
Don't know how he saived Shoko at the end but it sure give me a smile when I saw her doing well at the beach and that movie was a nice idea to wrap it up.
Apr 16, 2020 4:50 PM

Aug 2016
Just watched it and holy shit only few anime can make me cry like I did when I watch this movie ;-;
Apr 17, 2020 11:24 PM

Dec 2018
This movie was great. I didn’t expect it to be great but it blew my expectations away, definitely one of the best anime films out there. I’m so grateful that AnimeLab decided to do a limited streaming of it for the weekend.
Apr 18, 2020 2:29 PM

Sep 2017
so glad funimation put this up this weekend. great watch. i probably shoulda rewatched the series or something before the movie bc its been a while...
Apr 19, 2020 3:45 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A really great film overall, despite the sort of far-fetched ending it had. I had to think about it and read others' explanations on it, because initially I was a little confused on what happened. Despite all that, it was an excellent film that satisfyingly wrapped up almost everything. I think Mai and Sakuta's relationship is even stronger now.

I'm also relieved that Sakuta was able to remember everything thanks to seeing Shouko on the beach. It makes everything a lot more meaningful knowing that they remember.

This will be used as an example of how canon anime movies should be done. 8/10
takkun_Apr 19, 2020 3:59 PM
Apr 21, 2020 6:18 PM

Aug 2017
Ok, it was a very good movie. I did not understand much about Mai's film at the end but I agree with @junichicinque post in "Can Someone explain me the ending?" Basically, Mai's successful film lead to more organ donors avoiding Shouko's death.

I'm sure that the story is perfectly closed with this movie. 8/10 for the movie.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 23, 2020 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
I got super emotional watching this when it first came out in cinemas but it kind of falls apart when you start thinking about it.

It's very much Sakuta's story instead of Shouko's. It also leans a bit too heavily into "How can we manipulate the mechanics of the situation" as opposed to "How can we solve this person's problems".
May 2, 2020 7:30 PM

Dec 2009
I finally finishing this series after delaying it for a year and a half. I shut down anime completely because of Aobuta, I didn't realize it affected me so much. I was so scared going into this movie, and I'm so broken after finishing. What a ride. It reminded me of Stein;Gate in the ways it hurt me, and I'm glad we reached the best ending.
May 2, 2020 9:43 PM

Jul 2015
wow, big drop from me. frankly this animation is pathetic for a movie and i can't believe this is ranked #47. lifeless lip flapping shots, just like the show
oyabuntaroMay 2, 2020 9:57 PM
May 4, 2020 1:44 AM
May 2019
Just streamed this and bawled my eyes out. I enjoyed it more than the series. Definitely a 10/10 from me!
May 17, 2020 3:41 PM
Nov 2018
Satisfying. Well executed. Interplay between the characters is great. Still feel the overall plot and connections are the weakest part of the whole series. It feels very basic and tropey at times. That said... that's exactly what I came for and it was delivered in a nice package. There's so much likeable about Mai as a main love interest that's rare in anime.

Solid 7 rather than 8 since it isn't a simple blind recommendation.
May 17, 2020 8:41 PM

May 2015
This was some Steins;Gate shit
Anyway, ok-ish movie.
8/10 too happy of an ending tbh. The last scene made the whole movie pointless.
May 17, 2020 11:32 PM

Mar 2012
It was mere coincidence that I picked up two very well done movies involving time travel in the same week (the other being Hello World). This was a beautiful, beautiful movie and I cannot be happier to have picked up this series despite its superficial-sounding title back in 2018.

To start, I've always been impressed with how well the emotional struggles have been presented in this series. The closest parallel I think is Kokoro Connect, which similarly made use of supernatural phenomenon to bring emotional struggles out of its cast and have the audience stay at the edge of their seats waiting for the resolution. This movie dramatically (and unexpectedly from what was a harem atmosphere at start) raised the stakes by forcing a choice between lives on Sakuta. I thought the portrayal of the three main characters were very on-point. Sakuta struggled a bunch and went back and forth (insisting on saving Shouko, relenting, wanting to save her, and finally accepting). Naturally so, because he valued both Mai and Shouko. Meanwhile, Mai and Shouko for the most part both stayed the course. Also naturally so, because they both valued Sakuta above themselves. The emotions, as high and heart-wrenching as they were, felt right and not overdone. And the ending was perfect in my opinion with everyone reunited and whole. It was really a feel-good moment to me when Shouko smiled and laughed the way she did.

Here's hoping next season is announced soon.
zannettMay 18, 2020 12:23 AM
May 29, 2020 9:50 PM

Jul 2016
Dear Lord, this movie was such a roller coaster of emotions.

Quite the intense arc this one was. Featuring an almost absurd amount of twists while having a setting that felt gloomy and heavy for the most part. In that regard, I absolutely loved how Sakuta's troubled state of mind was portrayed after he realized he had to die in order to save Shouko's life. The way how he interacted from there on with Mai, Nodoka, his friends and Kaede made me feel so uneasy about his mental state. He really wanted to die in order to save Shouko and the way how the studio portrayed such “suicidal” attitude was perfect in my opinion. They totally nailed it.

Regarding some aspects, dialogues were as strong as in the TV-series and I was particularly glad to see all the cast being important in some way or another. Koga's intervention in the plot was nice and I gotta say that seeing Futaba showing such genuine concern for Sakuta's well-being was really moving. She may act indifferent/cold towards him most of the time but in the end, she really is a precious friend.
Now for a certain moment in particular, I actually got spoiled about it but the scene with Mai dying was still completely shocking. Her mother's VA did a fantastic job at portraying the horrifying sorrow of a parent being told her daughter died and the whole atmosphere surrounding the following days to that incident felt so heavy and depressing I actually thought Sakuta would definitely do "something" if he was left alone with his thoughts. Again, CloverWorks totally nailed that sense of despair and hopelessness.

Regarding production values, they were average at best if I'm honest. Surprising considering the movie-format but personally, I don't watch "Bunny Girl Senpai" for its animation or OST so I didn't pay much attention to those details.

Now on the "negative side" and leaving aside how EASY it is to "travel back in time" in this show's universe, I'm not really a fan of the last twist with Shouko deciding to avoid meeting Sakuta at all. Time travel-focused narratives can be both fascinating and frustrating at the same time for me, especially since I always think I may have missed something that could have been important to the story.
Anyways, I didn't really like the idea of resetting the timeline because that would make all the experiences Sakuta went through in the movie as well as in TV-series feel pointless at certain degree. The movie establishes that every event from the TV-series’s timeline (minus High-school Shouko’s and Middle-school Shouko’s introductions as well as the whole issue regarding Sakuta’s scar related to them) happened exactly the same but it’s really, REALLY hard for me to believe it was all that easy.
I may be over-exaggerating things (quite possible) but technically speaking, the events of the TV-series are no longer "totally canon" and I don't know what to think about it... Yeah, Sakuta might have done the exact same things: entering the same high-school, meeting Mai, helping the other girls as well as his sister, etc., since he could have "dreamed" of those events from the TV-series' timeline but it all feels so convenient that I can't really overlook it. After all, there is a limit for my Suspension of Disbelief and said limit was reached the moment Sakuta went back in time to save Mai from dying.
I honestly think the plot abused a lot from the "past-present-future connections via dreams" narrative element (or quantum entanglement theory?) but it seems the author really wanted a happy ending with both Mai and Shouko surviving so what else can be done? It particularly “pains” me to know that all the romantic progress Sakuta and Mai made throughout the movie was mostly in vain… I mean, Mai technically said she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him and they both were willing to give their lives for the sake of the other… and to think such strong emotions were “reset” is absolutely disappointing.

Personally, the movie could have been a 9/10 but the last twist with Shouko restarting the timeline all over again and "miraculously" overcoming her heart disease was too optimistic and "contrived" for my taste. I don't have anything against her character but having her dying would have been more fitting considering that the main focus of the movie was on Sakuta's dilemma and his overall struggle of choosing between Mai's or Shouko's happiness. But by having Shouko being alive as well by some plot convenience (Mai starring a film in order to create donor awareness because she "dreamed" of the events prior the reset moment), it only makes all the heavy and gloomy atmosphere regarding teenage Shouko's last days of life feel less meaningful and with almost no impact left in the end.

8/10 - Despite those last 15 minutes or so, I still enjoyed this movie a lot. The TV-series is one of my favorite shows of 2018 so me asking/begging for a second season would be a total fact. Fingers crossed for CloverWorks making it happen someday!

====================================================

Rant moment:
Oh yeah, I almost forgot… THEY DIDN'T F*CKING KISS!!
After all the raw emotions surrounding Sakuta’s indecision about dying or not for Shouko, Mai begging him to stay by her side forever, him seeing his beloved one dying instead of him, his re-encounter with her after going back in time and yet… NO KISS. Seriously, what’s the deal with this author and his indecision to show a kiss scene on-screen?
SouthRzVaMay 29, 2020 10:45 PM
Jun 5, 2020 6:15 PM

May 2012
Really lovely yet bittersweet movie. Really liked it like the series. Very enjoyable to watch and see this story develop and unravel in this whole movie.

Really nice and enjoyable movie I must say.
Jun 6, 2020 9:43 AM

Aug 2014
on Dec 30, 2018 5:23 PM I wrote on previous season:
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
When his wound started bleeding I was thinking that we will be shown that all this was his imagination, and he maybe is dead or something?

I think that too much was left unanswered in each episode and not enough Mai screen time ;d I loved first few episodes more than later part. I lowered my vote from 9 to 8 ;(

So I was kinda on spot back then?

After watching this movie I am really confused. I hated the moment where Mai died and I almost started to have wet eyes at the last second when Shouko recognized Sakuta, just because it meant happy ending for Mai and Sakuta.

I don't know how to feel about this story now. I would never expect that 13 episode anime would end with a movie like that. I think I still wanted more Mai x Sakuta story? I would never guess that the story is all about Shouko, but it is great that almost everything was answered.

Still that time traveling gave me lots of thinking, I guess it was explained with dreams? But then all of them in new future accepted that dreams were reality? That is some crazy idea about time travel by the author. I don't say it is bad or good.

We get a happy ending, but somehow I am sad for some reason after finishing this anime? Why? Maybe it is just my mood last days... or?

I gave it again 8, but maybe it should be 9? That was really great in every aspect.

EDIT: after rewatching it years later I change it to 9/10
Thyriad-oPPailovJan 27, 7:42 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 6, 2020 11:32 PM

Jan 2011
as someone that normally hates time travel in most mediums out side of a few times it's done well this was like some shit out of a more recent square enix game logic of time traveling linking with dreams is pretty wack for the reality of this world just like every other supernatural aspect of buta, soo yeah... was thinking once that happened how bold of them to go for such a dark bad ending then i remember there's supernatural elements to this and the added fact there was still like 40mins left was a key sign that wasn't gonna be the end lol.

flat 7/10 don't really have too much attachment to this series but it was worth watching as some kind of closure to the main show even if it kinda made all of it void canon wise

really didn't feel like a movie outside a few moments the quality was about the same as the show
Jun 22, 2020 1:04 PM

May 2009
The bastards got me hahaha
Jun 27, 2020 1:37 PM
Nov 2010
Reach1206 said:
rsc-pl said:

Ps. I see that many people seriously misunderstood the whole "time travel" thing that wasn't really a time travel.

If it isn't time travel, then enlighten me. What is it? Did Sakuta go back in time or not?

I think the point is that it's no more "time travel" than anything in Koga's arc was. The concept of time travel being possible (of a "past" and "future" self) was part and parcel of Shoko's syndrome.
Jun 27, 2020 9:25 PM

Apr 2014
Thank god this has a happy ending.
Jun 28, 2020 12:35 PM

Aug 2014
I overall really enjoyed the movie, although I didn't quite love it as much as the series. Still a solid 4/5.
Time waits for no one.
Jun 28, 2020 11:47 PM

Oct 2013
It's been nearly 6 years since I've seen it, and fuck me if I remember barely anything about it, but this entire movie gave me strong The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya vibes all the way through.

No, I didn't strongly empathize with, or feel the characters, but every few minutes, as soon as I thought I had Shouko's character or the plot's direction figured out, it slapped me with another revelation that broke down all prior conceptions. I was confused as shit the whole movie, until the ending when everything was wrapped up neatly.

Sakuta's deliberation through the days leading into Christmas eve as he's pensively accepted his fate, carefully saying his goodbyes to everyone, and the long, downcast atmosphere over the whole movement reminded me of Charlotte episode 7. This was brilliantly done. I loved it.

And... there's a lot of interesting ideas here. The challenge of knowing you're going to die for someone else, can you make the decision to reverse that? What is the right decision, even? What if you aren't the one who dies, but your beloved, the most precious person in your life? For someone else also dear to you? Do you make that decision? If you do, suddenly the weight of it, indeed, makes it your decision -- in a sense, you killed them. This felt like an anime adaptation of a variation on the trolley problem.

Great fucking movie; I loved it nearly as much as I remember having loved The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya back in the day. I ought to revisit that.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 29, 2020 10:32 PM
Mar 2014
Now that was a rollercoaster of emotions. I'm glad everyone was ____ ☆
Jun 29, 2020 10:36 PM
Mar 2014
Zadion said:
It's been nearly 6 years since I've seen it, and fuck me if I remember barely anything about it, but this entire movie gave me strong The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya vibes all the way through.

No, I didn't strongly empathize with, or feel the characters, but every few minutes, as soon as I thought I had Shouko's character or the plot's direction figured out, it slapped me with another revelation that broke down all prior conceptions. I was confused as shit the whole movie, until the ending when everything was wrapped up neatly.

Sakuta's deliberation through the days leading into Christmas eve as he's pensively accepted his fate, carefully saying his goodbyes to everyone, and the long, downcast atmosphere over the whole movement reminded me of Charlotte episode 7. This was brilliantly done. I loved it.

And... there's a lot of interesting ideas here. The challenge of knowing you're going to die for someone else, can you make the decision to reverse that? What is the right decision, even? What if you aren't the one who dies, but your beloved, the most precious person in your life? For someone else also dear to you? Do you make that decision? If you do, suddenly the weight of it, indeed, makes it your decision -- in a sense, you killed them. This felt like an anime adaptation of a variation on the trolley problem.

Great fucking movie; I loved it nearly as much as I remember having loved The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya back in the day. I ought to revisit that.

Can't lie I thought I was the one. Felt those same Haruhi time repeat arc vibes and kinda prepared myself but it turned out much better. The ending is how I wanted it to be, couldn't ask for more
Jul 28, 2020 1:02 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very strong feelings during this movie, it was absolutely great, maybe even better than the main series
Aug 9, 2020 5:06 PM

Jul 2016
I.. Uhh... Damn. I didnt really get the ending at first, but thinking it over now i do. Many call it the perfect ending. But for me the perfect ending would be them meeting shoko again and mai and sakuto kissing, as he wished for it, but i cant remember if they ever did. A little dissapointed on that part. But overall great fk movie. The flashback montage made me tear up big time.
Aug 13, 2020 1:50 AM

Jun 2015
What a horrible movie.
Terrible animation unworthy of being seen in a movie theater. Direction level soup opera. Meaningless time travel all explained by the magic of quantum mechanics.
The franchise is already too similar to Bakemonogatari and Haruhi Suzumiya for this movie to be even more like Suzumiya movie, with the only novelty being the heart problem. Did Juna Maeda write it?
And this is Top 8 all time anime movie? Pathetic
Aug 21, 2020 6:12 AM

Nov 2013
I failed to find anything emotional because how mindboggling the time travel works in this anime. If it means I shouldn't take this movie seriously, it feels like a cop out... and this is coming from a fan of Haruhi Movie.

it was poor
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 4, 2020 7:48 AM

Nov 2019
I liked how the Hanekawa role was essentially split between Futaba and Shouko in the series, but here it kind of goes overboard in the beginning forcing Shouko into that mold all by herself. Which just feels... well... forced.

That beginning (well, first third really) is where the movie stumbles pretty badly. Once the connection between Sakuta and Shouko is revealed however it picks up quite a bit... only to stumble yet again and ultimately end up a mishmash of Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai and Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu.
Sep 8, 2020 4:30 PM

Jul 2015
After facing so many problems, this must be the most painful one the young 'bunny guy' rascal Sakuta has faced. Amazing movie with all those timelines and some heartbreaking scenes like Sakuta worry about the painful decision on saving Shoko followed by Mai's sudden sacrifice with. Glad to see he managed to save himself and Mai by giving up on Shoko and realise he can't save everyone. From what I understood at the end is that Shoko was the one who brought the happy end to this all by undoing the past where she's afraid of the future to one where she's more positive preventing the puberty syndrome. And the movie Mai starred in probably raised awareness causing someone to donate a heart saving Shoko. So I guess everything happens for a reason.

Sep 11, 2020 6:44 PM

May 2011
They completely destroyed our well being this movie T_T.

I'm definitely going to come back to this series again and again in the future. Maybe I'll develop adolescence syndrome that way, who knows.

10/10 for me
Sep 21, 2020 10:43 PM

Jan 2020
I think the movie was alright. I didn’t enjoy it as much as the series, but I liked how Mai loves Sakuta to the point that she’ll sacrifice herself for him, though I wished there was a kiss. The ending was a bit confusing to me though.
Nov 6, 2020 5:27 AM

Jan 2016
Wow, this really took me back to the days of when I finished Oregairu (not the last one). I teared up several times while watching this movie, fuck, this was good. Honestly I didn't even think about all the confusing time lines, only after seeing the discussions. I would say the Mai arc is still better, but this arc is definitely second best.

9/10
Nov 16, 2020 8:17 AM

Apr 2013
Well one of the last things I wanted in a bunny-senpai sequel was a time-travelling drama tbh. I kinda digged the beginning, but somewhere in the middle it got really boring and dragged out. The whole time-travelling plot also made no sense at all, as usual if you use it in a show which doesn't include it as an overall theme. And for such a dragged out mid-movie, they sure rushed the ending afterwards, I thought I skipped a part when they suddenly had all problems solved somehow. Disappointing, season 1 was much better.
Nov 19, 2020 12:10 AM

Jul 2020
im only 14. i dont understand quantum physics so i had a very hard time understanding this series. after watching the series for the 5th time and seeing the movie today, im starting to have a better understanding
I am the handle of my mop
Rags are my body, and detergent is my blood
I have scrubbed over a thousand floors
Unknown to sick leave
Nor known to pay
Have withstood abuse to sweep many
surfaces
Yet those hands will never hold money
So as I clean, Unlimited Maid Works
Nov 29, 2020 11:14 PM
Aug 2019
Etceteral said:
Reach1206 said:

If it isn't time travel, then enlighten me. What is it? Did Sakuta go back in time or not?

I think the point is that it's no more "time travel" than anything in Koga's arc was. The concept of time travel being possible (of a "past" and "future" self) was part and parcel of Shoko's syndrome.

Right, but that's no explanation.
It's not long enough.
Dec 19, 2020 2:21 PM

Feb 2020
I'm not quite sure I get the ending. Actually, I'm pretty sure I don't. Why was Shoko here ? And why did Sakuta and Mai seem to have forgotten her ?

For the rest, I found this movie to be truly good, but pretty underwhelming considering the hype. I really expected to be completely blown away, and yet in the end it was just as if I watched an arc from the series with each episode being put together to make a movie, instead of an actual movie.
The animation, let's be honest, was bad for a movie. And I had the same issues with the writing that I had when watching the show, like the characters' reactions sometimes feeling a bit off or the conclusion being way too convenient and somewhat rushed, and of course the whole puberty syndrome thing being way too confusing.
Don't get me wrong, this movie moved me. Not to the point of crying, but still, I can't say I wasn't invested in the story because I totally was.
And the themes it handled were some great ones, and they have been handled a very interesting and sincere way throughout the majority of the movie.
Plus, it was great to see the characters once again (except Kaede, I'm still not over how the one I got attached to is gone, replaced by one I don't know, and not a single character seems to care about how the cute, panda-lover Kaede is pretty much dead). And Shoko was an interesting and touching character, I really liked her, even if I found some her older self's actions to be a bit questionable.
And the development Sakuta and Mai received, especially Sakuta, was very good.
But as good as this movie was, I have a hard time seeing it as being more than just good. I even have a hard time seeing what makes it so much better than the series because for me, the latter was better (even if in the end, I give the same score to both).
FafetteDec 19, 2020 2:28 PM
Jan 17, 2021 3:20 PM
Aug 2020
i loved it :') they had me sobbing when Mai-san died ;____;

<3
Feb 22, 2021 5:56 PM

May 2015
damn this was a rollercoaster of emotions lol
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Mar 14, 2021 5:18 PM

Aug 2020
It was impressing, I didn't expect that. So many emotions in 1 hour and a half... Hopefully, everything turned out well, and all those curses stopped.

It seemed like a bigger episode, rather than a movie.

Mar 15, 2021 11:14 AM

Feb 2010
Absolutely amazing, it was a huge rollercoaster
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 5, 2021 10:59 AM

Jun 2020
We're facing off Shoko Makinohara san's problem (she has heart cancer) in the movie we see two of them exist at the same time

The scene where Mai-san sacrificed herself for Sakuta's sake can't just be explained by words This series made me cry for the first time in a while haven't cried like this in ages and by simple sentences that resemble how the scene really was horrifying...

So in the end we get to see them together again with the exception that Shoko-san sacrificed their relationship with Sakuta to not bring Sakuta any more pain and ended off at a good note right after Sakuta recognizes Shoko on the beach (Good movie and a very well done in fact I love this series so much).
Apr 5, 2021 4:56 PM

Jul 2016
I know the idea for the plot doesn't belong to the most original ones, but despite that, the film is a masterpiece for me. I hadn't had such a roller coaster of so many different feelings for a long time. Characters are greats, I really could feel their pain and joy. I also appreciate how the film ends. I couldn't have come up with a better idea. I'd recommend it alongside the series to everyone :D
Apr 13, 2021 4:52 AM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
This is a satisfying end to the whole Bunny Girl Senpai saga. It seems like the whole time travel thing made me think of Steins;Gate a little bit. Mai’s death kind of hit me like a pile of bricks as it came out of nowhere. I’m glad Sakuta was able to save everyone. Also the bit where he was invisible to almost everyone was entertaining. Nice to see Koga and Futaba.
Apr 13, 2021 4:19 PM
Mar 2018
bit confused about the ending. so every1 lives somehow? what about the girls heart? did she cure it by not being so anxious about her life goals at the end or something lmao
Apr 15, 2021 3:06 AM

Jul 2016
HotPocketChris said:
bit confused about the ending. so every1 lives somehow? what about the girls heart? did she cure it by not being so anxious about her life goals at the end or something lmao

I don't know if this is what actually happened, but I think she somehow came back into the past and tried to alter it so more people are willing to become donors and made sure Sakuta and others' story wouldn't change. This way both she and they could survive and live a happy life. I hope that helps :)
Apr 16, 2021 5:13 PM

May 2007
I'm so happy Shouko survived. I even fist bumped when the credit started rolling.

This series has been on my radar for so long, I don't know why I put it off for so long but I'm glad I finally watched the tv series and movie.

I want more but I know there isn't enough material yet, I reckon at least 2 more volumes of the light novel (bringing it up to 13 volumes) will be enough to do a 1-cour season. Currently, the light novel is up to volume 11 as of Dec 2020 and the release is kind of like a set of 2 volumes is released every 2 years, so Vol 8 & 9 were released in 2018, vol 10 & 11 were released Feb 2020 and Dec 2020 respectively.
Apr 23, 2021 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
Thought this movie would change my opinion on the show as a whole, considering it has a staggering 8.67 rating and is one of the too 10 movies on her rating wise.
Yeah it didn't at all, I liked this less than the show, this franchise will go down as in my opinion the most overrated anime I have ever seen and one of the worst snine I have ever seen. The art is boring, the music is uninspired, the character development is nonexistent, and the characters themselves combine to make up probably my least favorite cast in anime other than maybe school days. Just like the show I felt nothing watching this, there were no stakes because I knew it would be a happy ending.

I laughed when mai died and this movie would have been miles better if it ended there.
Apr 27, 2021 7:10 PM

Jul 2017
Finished rewatching the movie at home instead of at the cinemas, and overall, it was still good and still one of the better arcs the series had provided. My only real problem with the movie is the actual mechanisms and logic involved, like with the rest of the series but in this case, this particular aspect is a massive core to the story involved. The tie-in with the heart and the link with Sakuta's heart being used for Shouko and the scars was good, but the logistics of everything else felt incomplete for me. At least from a character and emotion perspective, the movie was entertaining and positive in that aspect. Sakuta and Mai are still great characters and while I don't have much sympathy for Shouko herself, I do feel like the overall characterization she had was solid enough too. 7/10 movie probably, maybe lower in the future if I think too hard about the plot issues surrounding the science/supernatural aspect.
May 1, 2021 5:10 PM

Sep 2012
I hate how romance shows try so hard to avoid kiss scenes and make it to be such a taboo thing to show on screen. It's extremely annoying. It's such a huge tease.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Very late ik but I DIDNT GET ANYTHING

ElmoBoredAsf - Apr 22

14 by mranifantelugu »»
Apr 25, 9:41 AM

» Can Someone explain me the ending ? ( 1 2 )

Hoshimiya1 - Nov 30, 2019

59 by ryotakki »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:27 PM

» Shouko Makinohara's puberty syndrome

Alka_traz - Dec 28, 2022

14 by Amexia »»
Sep 2, 2023 11:43 PM

» Sequel Format : Movie. Limited Release January 7 on Japan

Dbagas8 - Dec 3, 2022

8 by kotosugu »»
Dec 4, 2022 6:26 AM

» Sequel Confirmed!

_MushiRock11_ - Sep 24, 2022

19 by Mamontt »»
Sep 24, 2022 9:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.