Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 14, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, I kinda expected this to happen someday...a destined meeting between Asuna and Alice in-game. It was just a matter of time. Sure didn't take long for them to cross swords against each other either.

At least she got the chance to reunite and see Kirito again. That was part of the main reason why she even bothered to log in from the Stacia account.
Dec 14, 2019 7:29 AM

Nov 2007
A bit before, showing that girl before entering. So the character she's using has a goodies? Though too much burden in exchange.

The kouhais letting her see Kirito guy, who had some response. She's honest about being not from this world.

Alice girl came to attack her, suspecting her as enemy. The green hair knight stopped since she led him alive.

Explanation to everyone. Alice girl doesn't want to leave this world. After explanation, the green hair guy suspecting the enemy boss is that another side.

Left eye and the code 871. From enemy side? Surpassing that code is probably reason enemy wants Alice girl...

They need to fight the matter here before Alice girl is carried to real world.

Now the girls are fighting over private matters. lol @ Kirito guy's kouhai and his senpai join! Girls talk.
tsubasaloverDec 14, 2019 8:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 14, 2019 9:06 AM

Jun 2017
For once the anime did things better than the LN.
Signature.
Dec 14, 2019 9:06 AM

Feb 2019
Alice Stans, we here: https://imgur.com/a/QQVh58d

It’s here. Finally. I’ve waited YEARS to see most of the scenes in this episode animated and was not disappointed at all. What an episode, seeing Alice and Asuna duke it out, the two getting jealous, everyone coming forward with their feelings about Kirito, phew. A-1 have spared no expense this season and have reached unlimited budget works level of sexiness.
Begs the question, what does it take to push it over an 8 on MAL? The number of 5 and below reviews are shocking. If you don't like SAO at this point, you never will, just give up the hating, lol.

What a week for SAO. Kirito tops top male characters of the decade list from NewType, volume 23 drops, SAO it’s top of AnimeTrending list, whew. The hate circle-jerk against SAO seems to be dying or at least getting pushback.

Alicization is exploding.
Dec 14, 2019 9:08 AM
Feb 2009
goddamn Kirito's harem growth never fail to amaze me the two waifus Asuna and Alice clashing then Ronnie along with his knight senpai lols
Dec 14, 2019 9:12 AM

Jan 2015
Lmao Alice and Asuna fighting over Kirito
Dec 14, 2019 9:17 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode.

Alice and Asuna fighting over Kirito. About time we see that and it didn't take too long.

The girls trading information on Kirito at the end, I find that cute.

Dec 14, 2019 9:19 AM
Sep 2014
I found the episode very well adapted and animated, the intensity was fantastic you could feel the tension.

I also loved the soundtrack used in the background, it was perfectly executed.

I think this episode will be my favourite of the cour
Dec 14, 2019 9:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is becoming so great I loved this episode 5/5, Asuna moment with Kirito was too awesome
Dec 14, 2019 9:22 AM
May 2016
Anyone know when the dub will come out
Dec 14, 2019 9:25 AM

May 2018
Kirito's harem,assemble. LOL! Asuna vs Alice for Kirito.
Dec 14, 2019 9:25 AM
May 2016
lol asuna busting kirito for having so many side hoes in the underworld, good thing kirito is unconscious
Dec 14, 2019 9:29 AM

May 2016
And the harem gets bigger and bigger boys.
Dec 14, 2019 9:33 AM

Mar 2016
I knew this was coming, but I was still disappointed at the forced harem part near the end.
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Dec 14, 2019 9:34 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Appropriate that the account that Asuna chose was one that gave her both the look and powers of a goddess. Still it must be heartbreaking for Asuna to see Kirito like this though. Though brief the battle between Asuna and Alice was pretty amusing given how protective Alice has gotten of Kirito. Given how Gabriel's team managed to infiltrate the turtle that easily its logical to assume that there is more than one traitor thats helping them. Still the meeting sure allowed Asuna to provide both the knights and us with plenty of valuable intel though one that will be difficult to swallow. The little chat between Asuna, Alice and the girls that Kirito managed to have an impact on sure was fun. But it shows just how much Kirito's kindness has impacted the their lives. Its nice to see Sortiliena sempai again so she's a knight now huh. Overall a calm ep that while featuring some brief action was one that focused on plot advancement via Asuna's explanation to the knights that served to set the scene for the final stages of the war.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2019 9:44 AM

Oct 2017
Wow this went so peacefully, I was surprised that Alice didn't snap after hearing Asuna and Kirito were dating. Well I wanted to see more catfight between them but this is nice too. All of the girls gathered together to exchange info about Kirito, SWEET.
Dec 14, 2019 9:45 AM

May 2018
Whoa that did took long for alice and Asuna to cross swords, thought it didn't took long, they still hate each other...............

Ok, given that Asuna will take Alice to the real world, would Alice have a human form or be inside a USB storage once she reaches the real world ????

IMAO Asuna should've also said that she and Kirito have already make out with each other and that they both shared showers and time in the onsen completely naked that would have pissed Alice for sure.
Dec 14, 2019 9:47 AM

Nov 2016
The forced harem situation and especially the little exchange between Asuna and Alice were hella cringy.

Last episode was so gar and now we're back to this shit lol.
FMmatronDec 14, 2019 9:50 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 14, 2019 9:51 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

They should've treated us to some more of Asuna and her powers. xD

The Asuna Kirito reunion was very nice. :)
Asuna and Alice fighting over Kirito was amusing. I still can't get over the fact that Kirito has a harem.

Surprised that all the fluctlights kind of readily accepted Asuna's explanation and interesting theory that there's a mole in Rath.

That last scene, Asuna was totally just provoking Alice. xD
When the rest of the girls showed up, I felt that the harem situation got out of hand.
Dec 14, 2019 9:52 AM

Jan 2009
lol Harem Art Online is back

i wonder if Asuna will tell the girls that she scored in bed with Kirito already lol that will be hilarious
Oct 2015
Good episode, it was so heartwarming to see Asuna's and Kiritos seeing each other. And of course, here`s our harem again lol, but it is nice to see that Asuna and Alice get along and before I hated Alice (i don`t know the reason actually) but in this episode, I started to get a better feeling of her. Waiting for the next episode!!!
May 2017
Yessss......This is why i watched SAO in the first place. Not for the story or fight, but HAREM WARS BABY!!!!
Dec 14, 2019 9:53 AM

Aug 2016
smh when will Kirito wake up and hug Asuna.

All the best people are crazy!
Dec 14, 2019 10:06 AM

Nov 2019
Oh no. There you go with the harem. Classic Sao. I'm so used to seeing some great, flashy fights in every Sao episode that this was kinda a let down and filler-like. 😂

Ok, now let's be serious. The first half of the episode was a heartwarming part. The second was kinda boring with all the info dump and the harem shit. Come on Sao, I'd love a love triangle over a harem any day. But I'll take it this time. Sao has impressed me a lot this season. We need to go back to plot next time.
Biswa_29Dec 14, 2019 10:20 AM
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Dec 14, 2019 10:09 AM

Oct 2015
Whenever I see that white sword, makes wish Eugeo was still in the series!

I hope I will get to see Alice in the real world, because next week is obviously going to be an all out war. While the twelve episode might be an epilogue of some sort, but maybe they'll squeeze it in.

I'm really how this whole series will end, especially for Alice's existence.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 14, 2019 10:12 AM

May 2018
How much time does Eugeo spent with Kirito? Is it longer than Asuna?
Dec 14, 2019 10:21 AM

Apr 2010

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
MonkeyDHunterDec 16, 2019 7:05 AM
Dec 14, 2019 10:28 AM

Sep 2018
Gorochu said:

they spent around 2 years in Academy together so no Asuna beats him too (live everyone else)

Ah the final battle Shiny Gold-Tsundere vs White Godly-Tsundere
well that's just my opinion.....

Jun 2014
Good episode. Lots of information. So there's a mole in Rath. Too bad Asuna can't use that useful power more. So they need to win the war before Asuna can take Alice to real world. Asuna's Stacia outfit looks so pretty. <3 But her hair is too long, like when she was Titania.

Asuna and Kirito meeting was so heartwarming. Poor Kirito, it's hard seeing him like this, that he can't even hug her. I can't wait for him to wake up so they can be reunited after more than 2 years (from his POV).

Alice and Asuna fighting over Kirito was annoying. Especially since Alice knows nothing about Kirito because she knew him for ONE DAY. Ok, so she cared for 6 months about him, but she was like his mom LOL. She still knows nothing about him and has no right claiming him as hers.

The girls trading information on Kirito at the end, that was also annoying. We saw nothing about Ronie and Kirito's senpai/sensei being romantically interested in Kirito, so what is this forced harem? And from all these girls Alice has known him the least, so she should STFU and GTFO.

Only 2 more episodes! T____T And then the long wait. Hope it won't be too long.
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o

Feb 2013
Gorochu said:

In the underworld Kirito grew up with Eugeo and Alice but he doesn't remember it. He only remembers the time that he goes there after getting injuried, so he was together with Eugeo for 2 years while with Alice he was one or two days before being on coma for 6 months with alice, so only her remember this part. Asuna is now 3 and half years with Kirito.
Dec 14, 2019 10:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Even when basically being in a coma he manages to get increasingly popular

Sasuga
Dec 14, 2019 10:42 AM

Sep 2017
Kirito's harem went from 0 to 100 really quickly

Even in a vegetable state, he gets all the girls. Good job, braindead guy.

Dec 14, 2019 10:46 AM

Feb 2014
Well the actions of last episode turned out to be a melodrama this episode. Made it seem like the war never started. Though the interactions between Asuna and others was worth it.
Also are we gonna get a flashback now or is it moving on to the next step?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 14, 2019 11:05 AM

Feb 2018
so basically the whole episode was girls fighting over trash?
Dec 14, 2019 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
Superns18 said:

It’s here. Finally. I’ve waited YEARS to see most of the scenes in this episode animated and was not disappointed at all. What an episode, seeing Alice and Asuna duke it out, the two getting jealous, everyone coming forward with their feelings about Kirito, phew. A-1 have spared no expense this season and have reached unlimited budget works level of sexiness.
Begs the question, what does it take to push it over an 8 on MAL? The number of 5 and below reviews are shocking. If you don't like SAO at this point, you never will, just give up the hating, lol.

What a week for SAO. Kirito tops top male characters of the decade list from NewType, volume 23 drops, SAO it’s top of AnimeTrending list, whew. The hate circle-jerk against SAO seems to be dying or at least getting pushback.

Accept that there are other opinions. Again, if some people don't like SAO, they can still watch and rate it. Objectively speaking, SAO is not a good series compared to others. By the way, criticism is not a hate.
Dec 14, 2019 11:17 AM

Oct 2019
Darikan said:
Superns18 said:

Accept that there are other opinions. Again, if some people don't like SAO, they can still watch and rate it. Objectively speaking, SAO is not a good series compared to others. By the way, criticism is not a hate.

What and who defines what's objectively good or not? It's only your preferences that brings you to say that. You think it's not good, it's not objective, it's your opinion. When you can give an objedtive measure of what is good or what is not good, then you can say you're objective for real.
In that case, we talk about an enterteining product, so how can we find the objectivity? Our opinion are based on our experience with a series which came from how much we can enjoy the show, everything here seems to me subjective.
Dec 14, 2019 11:18 AM

Apr 2015
YES, the one thing that was hyped for this season has finally happened. Asuna and Alice meeting each other and boy was I not disappointed. As expected Alice would go in the attack as she swore to protect Kirito. Alice's jealousy was so cute.

I am honestly surprised how honest Asuna is about coming from the real world, maybe cause now there's too much at stake as to when Kirito joined the Underworld.

So, the Underworld Harem is also a thing now, 4 girls going to be talking about Kirito. I better hope that gets animated or atleast part of it.
Dec 14, 2019 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
Famegher said:
Darikan said:

What and who defines what's objectively good or not? It's only your preferences that brings you to say that. You think it's not good, it's not objective, it's your opinion. When you can give an objedtive measure of what is good or what is not good, then you can say you're objective for real.
In that case, we talk about an enterteining product, so how can we find the objectivity? Our opinion are based on our experience with a series which came from how much we can enjoy the show, everything here seems to me subjective.

An approximation for a definition would be FMA, Death Note, Code Geass, Steins Gate, Monster ect. You could use that as a guideline. That's why I wrote "Compare to others". Important point: A harem in a series just makes it worse because it leads to a Mary Sue.
Dec 14, 2019 11:34 AM

Oct 2019
Darikan said:
Famegher said:

An approximation for a definition would be FMA, Death Note, Code Geass, Steins Gate, Monster ect. You could use that as a guideline. That's why I wrote "Compare to others". Important point: A harem in a series just makes it worse because it leads to a Mary Sue.

Your important point is important for you, for me is a very stupid point.
You use the word 'approximation' that destroy any objectivity you was trying to define.
An objective thing isn't an apporximation and isn't such a personal thing like an enumeration of casual series you like.
Dec 14, 2019 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
Another good episode!
I missed Asuna so much *.* I can't wait to see the next episode!
Dec 14, 2019 11:56 AM

Feb 2015
Man, that sword fight sounded like someone smacking together two metal pipes. Please Japan, please, get some good sound engineers. That aside, I love the glorious "Kirito's a vegetable but still has a harem" meme. It's so damn funny. I respect the commitment to keeping Kiriito all frozen, but this harem cat fighting, my god... it's a little too "SAO" for me and kinda cringey. Though I doubt it'd not be here even if he wasn't a veggie.

That code 871 and unlocked evil account stuff really needs some good explaining and justifications sooner or later cuz as of right now it seems too convenient. Those kinds of things would be really hard to miss for any development team. It'd especially be pretty hard to miss someone sabotaging things like that. Other than that, this is again pretty solid, all things considered.
Dec 14, 2019 12:05 PM

Oct 2018
Oh yes, cringe and childish "fight" for Kirito's D

Missed it so much

Aside from that it was a good episode though
-Aincrad-Dec 14, 2019 12:09 PM
Dec 14, 2019 12:31 PM
Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, I kinda expected this to happen someday...a destined meeting between Asuna and Alice in-game. It was just a matter of time. Sure didn't take long for them to cross swords against each other either.

-Aincrad- said:
Oh yes, cringe and childish "fight" for Kirito's D

Missed it so much

Aside from that it was a good episode though

I think this is the point where Kirito should be thankful that there is a system that allows him to create "digital clones" of himself. If I was in Kirito's situation, and if my digital clones are able to understand that the anger of Waifu is worse than Self-Destruction, I think having "digital clones" satisfy each Waifu would be a good idea at this point; with the exception of Asuna, the rest of this Episode's Waifu are "digital"

On the side note, Asuna is right, the REAL WORLD is ugly beyond description
Dec 14, 2019 12:31 PM

Oct 2019
Judging from som comments I was expecting more scene with Asuna and Alice but it wasn't like that.
It's an interesting episode, I'm very curious of which kind of episode we'll have next week!!
Dec 14, 2019 12:36 PM
Feb 2017
Asuna is worst girl confirmed. Her only purpose is to make girls flock more over to Kirito and become jealous. Cringed when they all started trying to say how much time they spent with him, lol.

Please, take her back to the real world. This series is much better without her.
Dec 14, 2019 12:37 PM
Dec 2010
what i borring episode. waste of time. asuna have a goddess account but ... basta hirap mag explain
Dec 14, 2019 12:41 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Kirito's harem in Underworld have a gathering like in ALO.

It's OK, but one of them, Liena, came of nowhere after disappeared for 2 cours is kinda disturbing.
Dec 14, 2019 12:45 PM

Oct 2019
By the way, Asuna is amazing with this design. I'm really excited to see her in Underworl! I can't wait to see next episode!
Dec 14, 2019 12:48 PM

Aug 2012
Even when Kirito is a potato, he can still make a harem.
Dec 14, 2019 1:18 PM

Sep 2014
Good ol' waifu wars, that smug Alice wanting to one up Asuna was really great.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

262 by ____panda____ »»
May 22, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.