Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Regulars, shouldn't MAL switch to dating instead?

New
Should MAL swtich to dating?
Jul 27, 2019 5:43 AM

Aug 2012
~The Dating Discussion~

Some of the more redundant discussion this week appears to be centered around relationships and women, I thought I went back to 2017 MAL. This made me start thinking, would be it be better, or atleast plausible, for MAL to switch agendas to a dating site? You can match the compatibility option in anime and manga as affinity to the other person. We'll need to change the signature color of the site to Red, because we live in a society. Communities shall be separated and distributed according to their age to avoid nechbeardian harassments, and active live chatrooms need to be provided. Everybody change your shit weeb profiles to your IRL ones.

What do you think? Bonus points if you're depraved enough to mention the person you would date. The revolution is upon us.
Jul 27, 2019 5:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I already got a boyfriend via MAL once. It's doable if you try. Doesn't make it particuarly optimal though

Well, the shared interests part of it is definitely good. Approaching someone based on a mutual hobby is always a good start. But it's also a global site so unless you're satisfied with LDRs (PS: they suck) then the chances of finding someone local through it are not quite as good
Jul 27, 2019 5:50 AM

Jan 2009
that will limit the scope of MAL as a social media so nah

people here can already do that dating stuff here anyway thats like a natural part of social media too
Jul 27, 2019 5:57 AM

Mar 2019
>bruh

bruh indeed

in all seriousness though I don't think MAL should be primarily a dating based site, my god wouldn't that be terrible. I mean, maybe at least a small subforum for such matters. But MAL is mainly a database for anime first and a discussion place for fellow weebs second.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2019 5:58 AM

Jul 2014
Bruh? just go outside and flirt with anyone you find attractive. Might get slapped or sue'd tho.
Jul 27, 2019 6:07 AM

Feb 2019
To you, my biggest of bruhs:

This for sure wouldn't work, but a part of me would like to see it happen just for the lulz.
Jul 27, 2019 8:42 AM

Dec 2016
if people wanna date on here, they can - hell, there could be groups made dedicated to dating. that said, changing mal solely to a dating site limits its scope as an anime/manga database and as a forum too - which seems to be one of its main advantages over other databases.

honestly, if anything, it'd be entertaining for a dating subforum to be made so the rest of us could laugh at those genuinely attempting to make a relationship on here.

Yarub said:
because we live in a society.

damn right we do.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jul 27, 2019 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
Let’s turn comedy central into comedy gold central!!)))

I would hit Dej... Literally phahaha
You all can kick back and enjoy the show )))
removed-userJul 27, 2019 9:22 AM
Jul 27, 2019 9:29 AM

Mar 2019
I now @scud got to be involved with another Englishman here that lived in some Island half way to France like in 2010 or something after I made his avatar phallic many times.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 27, 2019 9:43 AM

Oct 2012
Bruh if u like a girl on mal just talk to her we dont gotta go changing the whole site
Jul 27, 2019 9:55 AM

Aug 2012
photophobic said:
honestly, if anything, it'd be entertaining for a dating subforum to be made so the rest of us could laugh at those genuinely attempting to make a relationship on here.

Before I die, make it happen.

Zvera said:
Let’s turn comedy central into comedy gold central!!)))

Excuse me?

Sphinxter said:
I now @scud got to be involved with another Englishman here that lived in some Island half way to France like in 2010 or something after I made his avatar phallic many times.
The real statement here is: can you make my avatar phallic?

simonephone said:
Bruh if u like a girl on mal just talk to her we dont gotta go changing the whole site
Be that girl for me.
Jul 27, 2019 10:19 AM

Mar 2019
@Yarub it's no longer legal by M.A.L.'s rules; what I did was take his avatar of Yuuno and shop a penis going into Yuuno's eye socket which was apparently too graphic and got me a warning.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 27, 2019 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
Uh, no. Have you seen some of the relationships that have resulted from this site? Most of the time it's an older person predating upon a younger one and is exploitative as fuck.

I would rather die.
Jul 27, 2019 11:39 AM
May 2019
It would be interesting to see what kinda fallout would it generate.
I'm wondering if they would complain about it the same way they complain about tinder.
Overall I don't care either way it wouldn't affect me so whatever.
Jul 27, 2019 12:37 PM

Jul 2019
That would be awesome, people start dating on here and then:

Reach for the
Stars☆

Jul 27, 2019 1:01 PM

Mar 2015
With all the recent threads it might as well be one already.

But yes I agree the site's color should be changed to red, comrade.
Jul 27, 2019 1:59 PM

Jul 2007
Sphinxter said:
She's from Guernsey and would resent you calling her English.

Sphinxter said:
@Yarub it's no longer legal by M.A.L.'s rules; what I did was take his avatar of Yuuno and shop a penis going into Yuuno's eye socket which was apparently too graphic and got me a warning.
Into one and out the other, covered in blood. Fond memories.
Jul 27, 2019 2:17 PM

Jul 2017
interesting idea but I doubt it'll work my way
if you wanna go on an e-date, discord is the ultimate platform
Jul 27, 2019 2:24 PM

Aug 2009
Replace one cringe thread with another I guess.

Jul 27, 2019 2:30 PM

Mar 2019
Scud said:
Sphinxter said:
She's from Guernsey and would resent you calling her English.
Has not been my experience.

Regardless is that still going on or did you dump him for an actual loli?

Sphinxter said:
Into one and out the other, covered in blood. Fond memories.
It's after all these years still my last.fm avatar — for it was a masterpiece that cannot go to waste; the world deserves to see it.

You forgot the part where it had a text along the lines of "Ohh yeah, I love it when your cock comes out through the other eye hole" or something of the sort.

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 27, 2019 9:40 PM

Feb 2016
I only get hit up by people I've never talked to and never want to talk to
So nah dating out the option on here
Plus no one really posts pictures of them selves
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 27, 2019 9:45 PM

May 2015
Is this exclusive to MAL or does every forum occasionally make the same shitty joke about transforming into a dating site?
Jul 27, 2019 9:46 PM

May 2019
Uh LOL not that it's a bad idea or anything, but I wouldn't go changing the whole website into a dating thing. Maybe a tab where something like that was accessible to people who would want to. That wouldn't be so bad. It's a pretty interesting idea, but I know a lot of people (including myself) who aren't looking for a relationship.. especially on MAL
Jul 27, 2019 9:51 PM

Mar 2019
>people have actually voted yes

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2019 1:57 AM

Dec 2017
Wtf bro? being an otaku and dating doesn't go too well. Lets just stick to anime. You can just visit red light area if you want to get laid.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Jul 28, 2019 3:14 AM
Aug 2014
Can we turn this into a suicide prevention site? Compatibility rates according to how much you hate yourself so you can prevent suicide together! Sounds big epic xddddd hang me.
Jul 28, 2019 3:45 AM

Mar 2008
Well sure I could roll with it but relationships aren't always easily defined.
Jul 28, 2019 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
no, that would be weird, from anime database to weeb dating service....just too weird
Jul 28, 2019 6:40 AM

Nov 2013

your time is now @yarub to become the matchmaker of MAL. invite people to a secret club together that you think have great chemistry and then leave them to their own devices...
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 1, 2019 3:14 AM
Jul 2018
No way, MAL is not a dating date, has never been a dating site and will never be a dating site >_<
Aug 1, 2019 3:19 AM
Jul 2018
It would be a complete sausagefest.

Get outside and talk to real girls.
Aug 1, 2019 4:40 AM

Jun 2019
No, what are you even talking about. It's a site to keep a list of your viewed anime and to interact with fellow fans. If romance happens it happens, but why would you make that the purpose. Plenty of dating sites out there.

If you want the sex that badly, get Tinder.

Aug 2, 2019 3:53 PM

Nov 2012
It would be a fun experiment and at the very least entertaining
Aug 2, 2019 4:00 PM

Jan 2018
No need to change current setting, it's not like females are hiding their true nature. As long as one is willing to migrate to their beloved's country, love is possible anywhere if one is willing to compromise/sacrifice. Just write a story to anime studio so I can enjoy it in form of anime.

More topics from this board

» do you ever feel like not forgetting the person you liked in your past?

FruitPunchBaka - 8 hours ago

11 by JaniSIr »»
5 minutes ago

» Cleaning your room hurts the economy

vasipi4946 - 2 hours ago

14 by monsta666 »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you ever wish the internet would go back 20 years?

ImNotAnOtaku1 - May 22

36 by DesuMaiden »»
53 minutes ago

» What are you doing right now? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Mayhem- - Dec 25, 2020

454 by DesuMaiden »»
56 minutes ago

» Do You Trust Anyone?

LenRea - Yesterday

24 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.