Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2018 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, Narumi is so fun to watch in this series. Her personality always shines and every moment makes her stand out so far.

I love her interactions with Koyanagi the most so far. As far as the episode goes, I like some of the video game gimmicks used with the choices and dialogues. The episode really made their workplace exciting rather than some dull office.

Really impressed by the comedy so far of this show.

Apr 19, 2018 9:50 AM

Nov 2007
The guy takes his time at preparing everyone.

Oh, they really did (without saying "I love you"...). But they have different aura and idea as a couple. Their co-workers know about it. The girl is awkward, though. Female co-worker / cosplayer is jealous of her, though.

lol @ describing situations in games. Wow, awkwardness got their co-workers involved and they are in fight. Sporty otakus, huh...

The girl comforting him and he is embarrassed.

It seems like 4 of them got well after what happened the before. They went to "bookstore" , the "animate Shinjuku" (according to this).

Girls and guys shopping separately. Each of them talking about how happy they can talk about the same interest.

lol @ Cosplay lady is evil when suggesting cosplaying to main girl. Then they go home without going to drink, the original plan.

After ED, showing everyone didn't sleep well from the manga they bought yesterday.

The usual Ichijinsha theater CM coming next.

I wonder when KajiKaji's character would appear.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 19, 2018 10:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
After credits-scene was the best :D

The references carried this episode for me, otherwise i liked episode 1 better.
Apr 19, 2018 10:56 AM

Apr 2016
References, references everywhere ... but the Evangelion ones were the best.

The group went shopping into a "bookstore", they all have fun in their own ways, especially girls with the cosplay talk. The after credit scene, man she was blushing and she was not expecting that counter attack :D
Apr 19, 2018 10:57 AM

Nov 2016
Really like this show so far,favorite part was definitely the video game style interaction.

And lmao,post ending scene is so relateable.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 19, 2018 10:59 AM

Jun 2012
Fun episode, but as I watched I realized one thing, this series is going to have me torn for sure...

Let's look at the facts - this series is a Rom/Com that is still ongoing, meaning we are undoubtedly going to get a "Net-Juu"-style ending. An overall unsatisfying "read the manga" ending where the MCs end up holding hands or hugging and declaring, "We will continue to work at this relationship thing together!" and then the credits roll.

Normally, I would drop Wotaku outright because I HATE getting hyped for a romance which ultimately ends on an unfinished note (Net-Juu didn't even give us a kiss)... I also considered dropping it because Hirotaka seems like a complete stoned-faced bore of a character, and that is pretty serious problem when he makes up 1/2 of your main romantic duo.

HOWEVER, instead of dropping the show I decided to go read the manga to see what the big deal was, and although not perfect, it managed to engage me and make me laugh - but most importantly, it made me come to like Hirotaka...

All it took was a couple of volumes and one very important picture for me to turn around and understand.

He's just, different is all... Narumi mentions in an earlier chapter that Hiro does smile occasionally and everyone reacts like it's impossible. I thought it would be a running gag where people say he can smile but he never does - but then he smiles, only for Narumi, but he does smile in his own awkward way... Narumi being such a bright spot in his life that he can't help but break his shell for just a moment.

The manga is becoming an interesting joy, and that brings us to my current conflict. This anime adaptation is guaranteed to leave me feeling torn. On one hand I know it will not end conclusively due to the manga still running (we are essentially just watching reruns), but on the other hand I am intrigued to see certain moments from the manga fully voiced and animated as I believe that is more immersive yet, the overall quality of the anime is kindov sketchy - the art at least doesn't come close to the manga. This is rather difficult...

So essentially I am jumping onto a moving roller coaster that will be fun for a while but will ultimately end just as soon as it began (an 11 episode cap is no time at all, we only have 9 freaking episodes left already), and I will be left disappointed with the conclusion. What am I to do?
Apr 19, 2018 11:04 AM

Jun 2015
Things got quite awkward between Hirotaka and Narumi. The video game elements that were added made it amusing. The group went to the bookstore and each have their own tastes. The post-credit scene was funny.
Apr 19, 2018 11:10 AM
Sep 2015
He want to read it as soon as possible so that he can.... yeah, I can relate to that
Since this series start as couple as in relationship, what should be a 'proper conclusion'? Problem resolve after a fight? Marriage? Have kids?
Apr 19, 2018 11:23 AM
Jan 2017
Momose got a lot more bearable this episode, so that's good. Rest of the cast got some quality development too, I'm really liking them all except Momose. I have a feeling that Koyanagi and Kabakura will carry the show with their dynamic - they got some extremely good and funny moments.
Apr 19, 2018 11:27 AM

Apr 2016
luigi-dude said:
What am I to do?

This is an adaptation of manga published in 2014, which has 24 chapters in total ... you should known better into what you're stepping in.
Apr 19, 2018 11:28 AM

Dec 2015
Hmmm, must be nice to be able to go to a store like that and buy anything you want...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 19, 2018 11:29 AM

Jan 2008
Love when a show doesn't hold back with references. So many this episode.

Kabakura part of team CGDCT?
Apr 19, 2018 11:34 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm neither seems interested in the fact that they are dating each other though. Love how they include game elements into the scenes as well. Hmm Tarou and Hanako were rivals back in school that met again in the office what a coincidence. The explanation scenes from Hirotaka sure are interesting. Hmm an office where all of your co workers are otaku's interesting. Hanako and Narumi sure have similar tastes in manga.Being able to show your inner self to others that share your passion is always a good thing. They sure ended up buying quite a lot at the store though. Hmm a slow paced episode that did well to expand upon the cast. Narumi though sure is fun to watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2018 11:34 AM

Mar 2014
The face off between the senpais was hilarious.
Apr 19, 2018 11:38 AM

Jul 2017
Loads of references up the bum. Really fun episode and I really like these 4 so far.
Apr 19, 2018 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
Narumi's VA is a hit or miss type, sometimes she nails it but sometimes its just plain bad.
Hirotaka's VA on the other hand is just... boring, I know his character is supposed to be somewhat emotionless but come on, I had no problem with Ayanokouji's (YoJitsu) but I just can't get into Narumi's.

Other than that the fcking references, and as expected Kabakura (Sugita) is carrying this show yet again! him talking can really bring out the best on any character.

Post ED bit with Kabakura's counter attack smile to Hanako's sudden dere wink blew the whole ep away.

The ED song still gets me, it's so good!
Apr 19, 2018 12:01 PM

Nov 2016
Hirotaka really likes to relate everything to videogames. His personality is hilarious to watch.

The fun they have during work. I really enjoyed the game gimmicks choices and decisions, very original and funny. The interaction between Koyanagi and Kabakura was the best part of the episode for me. They are the best couple.

The bookstore scenes were also full of comedy and we learn more about the character's taste.

The comedy used so far is very original and well done with good references,was even better than the last episode. Very chilling anime.
Apr 19, 2018 12:08 PM
Mar 2015
Glad he did not take back his feelings and she did not run away. The winking was hilarious. The soul mate conversation was kind of creepy as was the smile bomb he gave her
Apr 19, 2018 12:21 PM

Mar 2013
love that we start off with hirotaka hunting a yian kut-ku. I just love when characters compare life to games like affection levels or how they just do an rpg battle. I can't wait to see what other kind of game references this anime is going to throw at me. Now I want to know who is the biggest otaku out of all four of them? also Oh my god Yuru yuri!
Apr 19, 2018 12:27 PM

Jun 2016
This anime legit makes me laugh with how lighthearted and spontaneous it is. "Isn't that blinking?" Ahahah

Apr 19, 2018 12:28 PM

Dec 2017
Kabakura really into those little girls huh, such a refined taste.

the bookstore part is pretty fun aswell, there are Mahoutsukai no Yome reference there, but we still dont know what Hirotaka taste is.

pretty fun episode, Hanako and Kabakura is also fun to watch, it’s good to have more than one couple with entirely different relationship, makes it really interesting.
Apr 19, 2018 12:34 PM

Feb 2018
Pretty good episode but I wana knew what he bought that was so "intense" that he has to read it immediately
Apr 19, 2018 12:42 PM

Dec 2015
This is still delivering in the second week I hope they can keep it up, Im definitely enjoying it so far. LMAO he cant wink.
Apr 19, 2018 12:42 PM
Feb 2016
Love the last part right after the ending song. That one really made me laugh especially when Kabakura trying to guess the reason why Hana is (according to him) in a good mood.

And I didn't know they could do such things but am totally happy when I found Mahou, and some other BL manga covers that I know of and was surprised when seeing the ed credits that they actually included some what a lot of manga into this episode. Hope it'll do well for next week.
Apr 19, 2018 1:24 PM

May 2015
Nice, although not as funny as I expected. Wink part was cute.
Apr 19, 2018 2:06 PM

Dec 2017
I see Tarou is a man of culture as well with his choice of Yuru Yuri.
"Welcome to the new generation, where fanboys are easy to gain and will defend devs no matter what they possibly do."
Apr 19, 2018 2:23 PM
Apr 2016
They went to the same bookstore as the girls from Comic Girls in episode 2.
Apr 19, 2018 2:37 PM

Feb 2016
That Mahoutsukai no Yome reference tho. Yesterday I noticed the Saekano posters all over the place xD, there's also Yuru Yuri

This is quite fun, sadly its only 11 episodes :( why
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 19, 2018 2:46 PM

Jul 2015
Sugita's character is literally Kanzaki from Beelzebub but grown up lmfao
Apr 19, 2018 2:57 PM

Apr 2013
Sad, she's already a pain to deal with and to top it all off she has bad tastes.

Asuka > Rei and it isn't even close.

The orange haired fellow, however. If it was implying that he's into Yuru Yuri-esque content, then he is cultured and has my respect.
SJ7izmApr 19, 2018 3:17 PM
Apr 19, 2018 3:39 PM

Feb 2015
That after credits scene was great.
Apr 19, 2018 3:47 PM

Jan 2018
It was a nice episode
Workplace comedy and introduction to new couple the scenes from after credit was great
Apr 19, 2018 3:58 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, that quality drop was extremely apparent from a production standpoint. Comedy was still pretty fun though
Apr 19, 2018 4:01 PM

Jul 2013
that post credit scene gahahahaha
Apr 19, 2018 4:13 PM

Sep 2011
I had so much fun with the first half of this, the 2nd half was fine just nothing particularly noteworthy. The post credits scene was hilarious though. I do love the 4 main characters and i think that will carry it, they all just have really great chemistry and I'mn also fully convinced sugita's character is basically a self insert of how he is in actual life judging by a few episodes of tokyo encounter.

Though i do think its worth noting, man this show doesnt look good, it gets very wonky with the drawing quality and there is a noticeable amount of terrible copy and paste cgi npcs. It wont ruin the show at all cause the comedy and timing is on point, its just kind of a shame.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 19, 2018 4:36 PM

Mar 2015
I went into this not expecting anything, and it's just a fun show. I'm not expecting it to be deep or profound. I've enjoyed watching it. I like the characters and their dynamics.
Apr 19, 2018 4:42 PM

May 2017
How the heck does A-1 escape from copyright infringements!? There are so many manga titles in this episode!
List of references (More like the ones I recognized)
Mahoutsukai no Yome
Hitorijime My Hero
Yuru Yuri
Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochiwarui
Senpai ga uzai kouhai no hanashi (先輩がうざい後輩の話. This is not in MAL database)
Tejina-Senpai
Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu.
The last three mangas are too small for me to see the title and I don't read BLs.
The rest are made up names I believe

I went hyped when I heard Castlevania signature death sound FX, and the after credits. AHAHAHA
copyrightRingoApr 19, 2018 5:08 PM
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Apr 19, 2018 5:22 PM

Oct 2012
Ok, better. Post-credits scene was golden. They also got the characters developed a bit although I'm still not fan of the VA of main heroine.

Anyway, a lots of references. Saekano again... also Yuru Yuri too and several others. Maybe those are paid adverts are working then?
Apr 19, 2018 5:23 PM

Sep 2017
Full of references. The game gimmick stuff was great. I'm hoping we'll actually see their relationship develop a decent amount over the course the anime.
Apr 19, 2018 5:29 PM

Jul 2009
This is my soul anime xD They're all so cute!!!

Hirotaka and the wink after scene omg I can't get enough of these guys

Cute Mahoutsukai no Yome cameo (and that animal cafe one)
Apr 19, 2018 5:33 PM

Sep 2017
So cute <3 I am loving this anime so much!! Hirotaka is just so adorable
Also that Magus Bride reference made me so happy, I love that anime/manga ;w;
Apr 19, 2018 6:48 PM

Jan 2013
I kinda like this anime :O First ep wasn't good at all, and i wasn't expecting much from second episode. But actually, this episode was better than first, also funny. Momose's inner voice cracked me up for real :D Also Nifuji's reaction to himself "I never said that" ahaha
Apr 19, 2018 7:00 PM

Sep 2015
God bless those explicit references. XD

The secondary couple is much more interesting than the main couple.
They should be listed at least like Main too.
Apr 19, 2018 7:15 PM
Mar 2017
luigi-dude said:

So essentially I am jumping onto a moving roller coaster that will be fun for a while but will ultimately end just as soon as it began (an 11 episode cap is no time at all, we only have 9 freaking episodes left already), and I will be left disappointed with the conclusion. What am I to do?

Considering how slow the manga update, I say just enjoy the show in a moment. They probably gives us Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki kun treatment. This is the type of story that you can leave and return anytime you want after all, kind a like slice of life.
I mean, it's obvious the end would be "We keep this relationship and working" ending, because it's the best ending for the series, but you're probably want something more.
I say fill the void with other anime or manga.
Apr 19, 2018 7:28 PM

Mar 2018
Loving the Eva & Saekano references (I know there's a lot more but I didn't manage to spot them)
Apr 19, 2018 7:28 PM

Oct 2014
luigi-dude said:

Well, that's the sadness of watching anime adaptation, after all.
Anime is just an overblown advertisement, after all.

But soon enough we will get to the parts where Hirotaka will show us his best quality as a character: his punch lines.
So, as long as that's in, I think it will still be an enjoyable ride
Apr 19, 2018 7:49 PM

Nov 2011
Koyonagi being a Sports Otaku INSTANTLY makes her best girl!

Hilarious episode as well. That eva reference and all those old school RPG choice were hilarious. "Narumi cannot run away" LOL So good!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 19, 2018 7:52 PM

Sep 2017
Post credits scene was the best, still a good episode though.

Apr 19, 2018 7:52 PM

Jul 2014
I loved the wink humor.... so dry... but dry humor is my jam. Loved the episode. Can't wait for further romantic development between the two!
Apr 19, 2018 8:12 PM

Oct 2015

This part made me so happy. I was so worried the miscommunication would add unnecessary drama. Glad to see them using words and actions.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2018

170 by Mirorin »»
Aug 23, 8:56 PM

» Wotakoi has hit the 1 million members club, did it aged well ?

Hickykissy - Jul 20

24 by m0u9i »»
Aug 12, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

103 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jun 21, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

41 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jun 21, 3:53 PM

» Is the OP song "Fiction" also used in other anime?

Thyriad-oPPailov - Jun 17

4 by Yatagarasu20 »»
Jun 18, 11:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.