Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 19, 2018 5:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ginko's pride :o

Looks like Ai Yashajin is back and face off against Keika in timed shogi match. The other Ai seems to be more concentrated more than ever to prove herself. I think she improved since we've last seen her in a match.

Might be the most serious episode yet so far. Little Keika is adorable as hell. She's still chasing her dream!
Stark700Feb 19, 2018 7:26 AM
Feb 19, 2018 6:20 AM
Jul 2017
That was a very good and emitional episode , really like more Ginko and Keika , and that scene " Please Take Responsibility " from Keika to Yaichi :).
maton456fullFeb 19, 2018 6:27 AM
Feb 19, 2018 6:43 AM

Feb 2008
There were some drama, and some intense match with magical power, some emotional feeling between Keika and Ginko.

Loli Keika were cute as well.

Even if Yaichi said like that I'm quite sure he still clueless and dense, about that think to take responsibility in end .

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 19, 2018 7:19 AM

Jul 2017
Nice to see Keika's sense of determination through her younger self...

At her final year being a shogi player, being NOW able to go forth towards her goal with the matches between Yashajin and Hinatsuru with an unexpected power never seen before.

The most serious and intense episode yet, and Keika has redeemed herself through and through.
Feb 19, 2018 7:45 AM

Apr 2013
Calculated Move (Acting)

Ryuuou no Oshigoto! - 07 First Match v1

Patting Red Ai v1 raw

How to Deal v1 of 4 subbed full ver

I don't want to lose (dubbed over with "I am pregnant!")

Ai-chan crying v1 of 2

What is she doing? v4 of 5

Keika-chan Crying v1

Keika-chan Crying v2

Responsibility v1 of 2

10-year old me

Number Two in my Heart v1

v2

duderusFeb 19, 2018 11:14 AM

Feb 19, 2018 7:52 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Yachi turning the tides of that match though was pretty interesting. Keika deciding to enlist Ginko's help was something to be expected. The rise of Yachi and Ginko and the appearances of the two Ai's must really put pressure on Keika. Ginko's accessment of Yachi sure was high though. It was nice to see that Ginko's words did get through to Keika though as her victory over Ai was amazing. Keika's match against Ai Hinatsuru though sure was a fierce one but it was nice seeing her regain her former spirit though. An interesting episode that provided great insight into Keika's past while also allowing her to break out of her wall in the present. Its nice that Keika decided to remain though. That final scene was cute.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2018 7:55 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
You know i didn't like Keika before too much...but this episode completely turned it around.

I felt so bad for her, she didn't show much emotion, wanted to force being a female professional while forgetting her love for shogi.

Seeing her yell near the end of the match with Ai was a great moment where i finally see her real human side. Ginko together with her is also a treat, they are great friends.

Best episode.
Feb 19, 2018 7:57 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Maybe i just forgot but those feeling came out of nowhere ? Got hit like a RKO wasn't sure if they were serious lol
Feb 19, 2018 9:08 AM

Jun 2015
Best episode so far simply because of Keika. I felt bad for her when she lost, but that didn't mean she was going to stop playing shogi. The last scene with her father was emotional. Second Ai got a good lesson and first Ai gained more confidence in herself.
Feb 19, 2018 9:45 AM

Dec 2014
My dude got cucked by a board game. MC might have just taken the biggest L this season.
Feb 19, 2018 9:46 AM
Nov 2013
So MC has now 4 brides to be Ai, Ai, Char and now Keika.
The Age gab in his harem an onee-san at most 10 yrs older than him.
The Ai's that are 5 yrs younger than him and char that is 10 yrs younger than him.
Feb 19, 2018 9:49 AM

Sep 2013
Red Ai getting rekt feels good XD
Yaichi wins and Keika regains her love of shogi, she still loses but will fight on.
Feb 19, 2018 9:59 AM

Sep 2015
Episode 7 was an incredibly emotional, intense episode. The backstory of Keika and her determination and Ai's in their shogi match made a conflict that made me root for both characters. Every move done in the match felt like it greatly mattered. I have to admit, I did shed a tear after the loss of the match had come. This episode convinced me that shogi can be a great method of storytelling that delivers tension, emotion, and communication with the complexity of shogi playstyles and strategies.

I hope I get to see more action/mentoring from Ginko, as her advice to Keika struck a powerful chord within my inner self. I am so glad that I am following this amazing anime. Ryou's Work is Never Done is such an underrated gem!
Feb 19, 2018 10:00 AM

May 2014
the best episode so far and the most emotional one
Keika finally find her love on shogi again
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2018 10:01 AM

Mar 2016
I really liked the focus on Keika as a character in this episode, and also cause the adversity she faced throughout her life is relatable to most of us...like, legitimately, she's a representation of most of us eal life people who don't have special and/or pure talent and abilities to carry us through, so we have to muster up sheer motivation, will, and courage to work hard for our goals.
Feb 19, 2018 10:01 AM

Jan 2017
this was one of the better episodes of the season, nice, Calm refresher.

Feb 19, 2018 10:06 AM
Mar 2016
Keika up against the 2 Ai's, she defeated the cocky Ai but lost to a sweeter Ai, bye bye Shogi Pro dream for her.

Man I can't believe that Ryuu like older women.
WhoahohoFeb 19, 2018 10:10 AM
Feb 19, 2018 10:46 AM

Aug 2008
This show is so much better without pedo pandering. Now MC just needs to make sure loli becomes a pro and he can get himself a hot wife and stay in shogi business instead.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 19, 2018 10:53 AM
Nov 2017
I laughed everytime these guys were crying...such forced emotion. Entire ep is dedicated to Keika and her backstory. The after credits scene made no sense--were the joking or are they a couple with a 9 year age gap? If I remember correctly the MC is 16. Also why does every girl in the series like the ryou...sigh another show with potential turned into a harem.
Feb 19, 2018 11:16 AM

Apr 2013
Finally updated my post :v

Anyways that was the most impressive and fun episode as of yet for me.
Keika's conversation with the Ryuuou at the end was cute as well.
I wonder how serious she was about that lol

Feb 19, 2018 11:26 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
What a stellar episode. Possibly the best one yet. I really had a soft spot for Keika, it looks like I got my wish of her getting more screen time.

Watching Keika strive and fight for her dreams is really inspiring. Luckily Ginko was able to identify what was wrong with her Shogi style.

The letter was a nice touch, it helped give Keika more confidence in herself. I just hate the fact that she lost. Hoping she gets another chance soon.

Looks like another one is added to the harem. Keika is fine as hell, it sounded as though this was almost a legit confession.
Feb 19, 2018 11:30 AM

Oct 2014
... well, to an extend, they did try to show us the board.
Feb 19, 2018 11:42 AM

Mar 2016
On a personal level, it annoys me how many people are just writing off the series early as just "trash lolicon bait" series....this series actually takes the incentive to give good character development while still providing the funny "lolicon" cliches without actually forcing it down our throats, imo.
Feb 19, 2018 11:52 AM

Aug 2015
That old hag Keika refused the dragon “respect”. 20 years later she gonna regret it so much for sure lmao
Feb 19, 2018 11:53 AM

Dec 2009
Man this episode made me literally tear up. Keika is such a great character and I felt so bad for her trying so hard to advance and create a career out of Shogi, something she spent her whole life on. For all the people bashing the series for having no substance finally have one of the parts animated this series has won awards for. Yeah there are lolis and jokes but there is real heart with this series too.
Feb 19, 2018 12:33 PM

Aug 2014
That was one of the best episodes so far, it's great that the anime doesn't only focus on the MC and it goes around checking other people's feeling and stories.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 19, 2018 12:48 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
they got some sexy ass nails

dat ass

dat ass again XD
Feb 19, 2018 2:04 PM

Sep 2015
Poor Yaichi. He got rejected twice by the same girl in just so few episodes. The dude is trying not to go after lolis but every door around him is closing.

Feb 19, 2018 3:42 PM

Sep 2017
This was actually somewhat touching of an episode. I honestly thought Keika was going to win both her matches. I'm glad that she decided to stick with it even if she can't become a pro. No loli harem but I'm sure that'll be back next week lul.
Feb 19, 2018 3:45 PM

May 2015
MC definitely likes mature women... ^_^
Feb 19, 2018 3:57 PM

May 2015
Best episode so far, without a doubt. Loved it.

Feb 19, 2018 4:51 PM

Feb 2007
Yaichi's been learning from Ai as well, I guess. ^_^

Poor Keika really is suffering... But getting better now, with more confidence, even when going as far as giving herself no room to back down anymore. Well, and going back on her word anyway, but that's just how much she loves shogi after all. A great match against Ai, and she certainly would have made it against anyone else in the group, so there's clearly still a future for her in this game.

Yaichi sure likes to promise people to marry them, though...
Feb 19, 2018 4:55 PM
Jun 2017
a real shogi episode this time, its all about Keika this time. its a very emotional one but i like it...

* the ending scene where Keika said "... will you take responsible", etc then when Yaichi said " i love you keika", then Keika said " i like you... etc..." then she said her first love is shogi scenes were cute... LOVE THIS ONE'!!!

* no loli scenes for today, but its a fine one... hahaha
Feb 19, 2018 5:00 PM

Nov 2017
Well,if that didn't make you tear up,I sure as hell don't know what will!

And for your info,yes,yes I did ;)
Feb 19, 2018 5:31 PM
Jan 2017
Loved this episode! Well, we finally have an idea of how strong Yaichi is and it's amazing. Top 5 around the world and he had already predicted 30 moves ahead on how to win. Oh and in the novels they specify that from a trillion possibilities Yachhi was able to find the only solution that would be able to beat Natagiri. I love it!

For those who are wondering, Keika's confession seems to be legit. In the novel translations, Keiko basically says that she loves him too, but her first love is something that is also Ai's, Ginko's, even Yaichi's first love... Shogi!
Starzen517Feb 19, 2018 11:14 PM
Feb 19, 2018 5:34 PM
Mar 2015
Glad that Keika did not give up on her dream and she was able to tell that to her 10 year old self

Feb 19, 2018 5:41 PM

Jun 2017
Didn't expect a super serious episode but Keika deserved some more screen time so I don't mind.
Feb 19, 2018 6:06 PM
Jan 2017
At last, Keika's episode and it didn't disappoint! It's really uplifting to see Keika not give up on her dream and still focus on what really matters to her. Ai Kayano demonstrates serious talent in this episode and it's clear she was the right choice to voice Keika. The weird part though is that Keika, for some reason, asks Yaichi to marry her if her dream to become a professional doesn't work out? What? Why would she ask Yaichi that? Is Yaichi the only guy in the universe to be a viable love interest for her, let alone any major female character in this series? And why would Yaichi show excitement at that idea? Does he suddenly develop feelings for Keika, if only out of plot convenience? Anyway, this was a good episode and hopefully, next week's episode will be better.
Feb 19, 2018 6:08 PM

Apr 2011
Poor Ryuuou, got won over by Shogi.

Well he does have the two Ais, Ginko, and Char.

He finally beat that smug bastard. And it feels good.
Feb 19, 2018 6:36 PM

Jan 2017
My 2 best girls here wants to be Yaichi's wife. Lolis and (busty)onee-sans are really the best. Sorry Ginko but 1st Ai and Keika are better than you for now lol. Better make a comeback now, girl.
reicchi-senseiFeb 19, 2018 6:40 PM
Feb 19, 2018 8:28 PM

Jan 2015
Am i the only one who was rooting for Keiko like there was no tomorrow? YES YES DESTROY THOSE LOLIS, EAT THEM ALIVE, take out their intestines and eat their flesh and then cook the things you took out. Leave no bone alive.
Hahaha im kidding guys sorry if i triggered any loli fans here but lets be real. GET FUCKING REKT AI and her fans. Get destroyeeed.
Keika was so serious and collected, not to mention her soul-crushing nature and hey eyes of a WINNER, thats how a winner looks like. Have more confidence Keiko and DESTOY those lolis and all their fans.
YES yes yes tsundere Ai ADMIT YOUR DEFEAT, bow to the queen. YOU ARE NOTHING to her, you are just a warmup for a real Ai

Anyway but for real tho it was the best episode of this shitshow yet. Just the sheer execution was on top. Everything from start to the end and somehow we got 1 full episode dedicated to Keiko only and it was enough to tell her story, amazing.
Feb 19, 2018 9:03 PM

Aug 2013
I guess we can assume that Yaichi legitimately like Keika then. It was already seemingly implied the first time, but there was still a question of whether or not they were just joking with each other.

Seems pretty clear this time around that Yaichi was definitely not kidding. He started blushing and was the most excited mother fucker on the planet when given the possible opportunity to marry Keika.

Now that makes me wonder what Keika's true feelings are. She did say she liked him, but then said that he was second in her heart behind shogi. So since shogi isnt actually a person, does that mean that when the time comes were she focuses on things other than shogi, like her love life and settling down, that she'll love Yaichi too?

I'd honestly be ok with that, since I really dont care for Ginko in the slightest. And seeing as how even though he has his "harem" going on, that would potentially be the forced pairing, and I think the Yaichi x Keika pair breaks from that traditional mold in a good way. Plus the younger boy/older girl coupling is definitely on the rare side. You dont really remember because everyone looks young, but Yaichi is 16 and Keika is 25.

Hey at least in the worst case scenario Yaichi has a potential forced marriage with Ai, and declared Char as his bride as backups. Both still better than Ginko. Will probably be hotter than her too when they reach legal age.
Feb 19, 2018 9:06 PM
Sep 2010
The match between Yaichi and Jin is based on the real professional game between Habu vs Kubo in 2010. It is a very famous game since piece-dealing artist(Sabaki no Artist) found a quite narrow line to escaping from mate by dropping three limited-kind interfering pieces against Habu's checks using long-range pieces.

Here is the link to the position Jin dropped a Bishop to be sure of his win. You can replay what's happening from the position. [edit]I mean "three limited-kind interfering piece" is on Kubo's calculation. In this real game, the actual line branched so there were two interfering drops.
https://shogidb2.com/games/ddcbbdcbf7c79ffbfaa231367aa5d1b16b8b5429#1s1R1gs1%2BR%2F1k2g4%2Fpp6p%2F2pB1pp2%2F3LP4%2F2PPL4%2FPP2KPP1P%2F4N4%2F1N1g1%2Bb1NL%20w%201L4P1g2s1n%2066

For your reference, a video annotation in English of the source game is available to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoXqYAOZgNY
Feb 20, 2018 12:44 AM

Jan 2017
Best outcome!! While I find the series a bit mediocre compared to the likes of Yuru Camp, A place further than the universe... this episode is satisfying.
Feb 20, 2018 7:35 AM

Oct 2008
What a very good and touching episode dedicated for Keika!
The OST really hits me on this one: on the battle shogi part and the end part going to the ED!
5/5.

Feb 20, 2018 8:08 AM

Jul 2015
An episode for Keika-san, she finally got good, and managed to finally get some well deserved screen time.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 20, 2018 11:10 AM

Aug 2012
Roy_Focker said:
MC definitely likes mature women... ^_^

Who doesn't ;) i understand him.
Feb 20, 2018 12:07 PM

Sep 2015
I thought people said that the drama in March comes in like a Lion was autistic? I love 3-gatsu, but if anything is autistic, then it's this episode right here. What was even the point of this fucking episode?!

Drama in this episode: Annoying as hell because they kept beating us over the head with it, pointless/ lacked thematic depth or any logic for that matter, didn't make sense in context with the episode (making it feel like a long-ass tangent before we realized that the episode was already over), and just plain melodramatic. I'm not sure if I'm being redundant, but if I am, then that's how it felt to me this episode, having the same illogical idea being spit in my face by a lolicon.

The only thing I got out of this episode was that the Ryou is another Jesus-kun rip-off, who is apparently from another dimension or planet or something, and can bend the rules of shogi because he is such a genius at it the game. If that was the case, then why the hell did he have a problem with the gay dude last episode!!!!!! This author is so fucking superficial, it's disgusting.
I've already broken down how lazy and half-assed Yaichi was written in previous episode discussions, but I swear, this... Did no one learn from the mistakes that SAO made?

The only other thing I got out of it was that apparently, Yaichi may be into older women- though that doesn't disprove anything about his previously implied sexual proclivities.

I don't even care about Keika(?). She appeared only a few times throughout the show, never gave us any memorable dialogue, and her ark this episode was so forced that I wanted to throw up. They didn't even wrap it up right- if the author wanted to create a meaningful character ark for her (even if the rest of it would still be flawed), then she should have won against Ai, instead of admitting defeat. Sure, she says that she will try again next time, but that's not even the point- she wants to be a female professional. Even if she was on the brink of losing- and she clearly wasn't thanks to how the match unfolded in the comments made by Yaichi, Ginko, Ai, and Keika herself, she should have scrambled her entire head to defeat this 9-year old girl that shouldn't have enough experience yet no matter how talented she is. Experience trumps talent, but instead, this episode seems to say the opposite upsidedown- that you should pity those that don't have talent, but hope they get better if they keep trying? You see how the logic circled in on itself? This is what happens when you half-ass an emotional ark.

This episode was the worst episode thus far.

Absolute bullshit.

1/5.

I can't believe there's no one else calling this series out for its bullcrap- not that I can blame them because they probably already dropped the show by now, or they aren't even bothering to participate with the discussions.
Feb 20, 2018 12:23 PM

Dec 2009
Draconix814 said:
I thought people said that the drama in March comes in like a Lion was autistic? I love 3-gatsu, but if anything is autistic, then it's this episode right here. What was even the point of this fucking episode?!

Drama in this episode: Annoying as hell because they kept beating us over the head with it, pointless/ lacked thematic depth or any logic for that matter, didn't make sense in context with the episode (making it feel like a long-ass tangent before we realized that the episode was already over), and just plain melodramatic. I'm not sure if I'm being redundant, but if I am, then that's how it felt to me this episode, having the same illogical idea being spit in my face by a lolicon.

The only thing I got out of this episode was that the Ryou is another Jesus-kun rip-off, who is apparently from another dimension or planet or something, and can bend the rules of shogi because he is such a genius at it the game. If that was the case, then why the hell did he have a problem with the gay dude last episode!!!!!! This author is so fucking superficial, it's disgusting.
I've already broken down how lazy and half-assed Yaichi was written in previous episode discussions, but I swear, this... Did no one learn from the mistakes that SAO made?

The only other thing I got out of it was that apparently, Yaichi may be into older women- though that doesn't disprove anything about his previously implied sexual proclivities.

I don't even care about Keika(?). She appeared only a few times throughout the show, never gave us any memorable dialogue, and her ark this episode was so forced that I wanted to throw up. They didn't even wrap it up right- if the author wanted to create a meaningful character ark for her (even if the rest of it would still be flawed), then she should have won against Ai, instead of admitting defeat. Sure, she says that she will try again next time, but that's not even the point- she wants to be a female professional. Even if she was on the brink of losing- and she clearly wasn't thanks to how the match unfolded in the comments made by Yaichi, Ginko, Ai, and Keika herself, she should have scrambled her entire head to defeat this 9-year old girl that shouldn't have enough experience yet no matter how talented she is. Experience trumps talent, but instead, this episode seems to say the opposite upsidedown- that you should pity those that don't have talent, but hope they get better if they keep trying? You see how the logic circled in on itself? This is what happens when you half-ass an emotional ark.

Absolute bullshit.

1/5.

I can't believe there's no one else calling this series out for its bullcrap- not that I can blame them because they probably already dropped the show by now, or they aren't even bothering to participate with the discussions.

How does it feel to be in the minority? Why not just drop the damn show because holy crap reading your raging hate on posts every week is getting tiring.
Aiko_HiroshiFeb 20, 2018 12:29 PM
Feb 20, 2018 12:52 PM

Sep 2015
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Draconix814 said:

Absolute bullshit.

1/5.

How does it feel to be in the minority? Why not just drop the damn show because holy crap reading your raging hate on posts every week is getting tiring.

Hey, I only voiced minor concerns in the first two weeks as I was really interested in the show. Besides, if you don't feel like reading my posts every week, no one is stopping you from not reading them.

Also, just because I drop the f-bomb a few times and I voice my frustrations, it doesn't make it raging hate. I literally only started to hate it this week and even so, nothing I said wasn't justified, so I don't see your point. Everyone has their own opinions, and I am giving this show my time to voice those opinions, that is all.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

113 by AnimeXlover78 »»
Oct 14, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

105 by vadoyager7 »»
Jun 20, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2018

63 by vadoyager7 »»
Jun 13, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2018

59 by vadoyager7 »»
Jun 1, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2018

74 by vadoyager7 »»
May 29, 8:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.