Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 22, 2017 4:46 AM
Jul 2018
"All's well that ends well." --Alexandre Cena Davis Celibidache, 2017

Gotta say that I got teary eyed while the credits roll.
However, seeing Yoshino on a plane made me wheeze lmao

Oh well, underrated anime, got that Shirobako-esque feeling (but of course Shirobako still the best), the last episodes raised the bar. One of the best SoL anime...

8 out of 10
Sep 22, 2017 8:24 AM

Dec 2014
I really enjoyed this show, Yoshino is such a nice protagonist, all the girls are. I didn't think I'd get so emotional at the ending scene, I'll really miss this series.

Gotta admit that I wasn't expecting much from it at the start, but I couldn't be any more wrong, it was totally worth it. One of the best Slice of Life animes I've watched imo.
Sep 22, 2017 8:39 AM

Nov 2011
Man this episode hit me right in the feels. Yoshino going away got me good T_T

Sandal had me crying though. When he said "Cool I've never met a nun before" I fucking lost it lol.

Anyone else notice that Tan Yoshino at the end as well? I guess she's helping other towns thats pretty cool.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 22, 2017 10:24 AM

Jun 2015
I was caught off guard by the how the title "Sakura Quest" was used. Never thought that it's going to be a picture book made by Sandal-san :D Now it made sense that he narrated the entire episode previews. :3
Sep 22, 2017 2:12 PM
Mar 2012
Ririko singing & drunk hnnng. I knew she wanted to travel in search of uma, nice goal.
Kadota so funny, good to see festival revival since 50 years ago.
Yoshino leaves to revive an island town. A sidestory ova would be cool.
So all this time Sandal paintings & narration were for the picture book.
Overall there's some heartfelt moments, funnies, middle parts marred by boring episodes, silly ideas lost direction, likeable characters, nice op/ed, satisfying ending, quite a mixed bag but still an ejoyable work sol.
Sep 22, 2017 9:53 PM
Jun 2016
I loved this show so much. I am going to miss these characters. ❤
Sep 22, 2017 11:50 PM

Oct 2011
Started crying during her decoronation and then when everyone saying their goodbyes 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Sep 23, 2017 12:08 AM
Sep 2014
dat feels at the end.

this is the best animu this season

9/10

Sep 23, 2017 3:45 AM
Apr 2016
Man...i will miss this anime
that ending made me teared up a little bit

Most underatted show this year 8/10
Sep 23, 2017 8:19 AM

Feb 2014
Really wonderful show with endearing characters that I will miss. Definitely under-rated in my opinion. I have really liked all three of PA working series.
Sep 23, 2017 8:44 AM
Jul 2016
Finding your purpose in life starts in your own ground. For the 5 girls to figure out what they want to do in life, Manoyama has became their learning grounds. I really like the thought of this Anime and I rated it as 9/10.

The train scene was an epic finale for me where I had gooesebumps when the song "Freesia" was played along with the lines "This is your town". I am really touched with Mr.Chupacabra, decided to swallow his pride for the town to get better.

A great show indeed.
Sep 23, 2017 10:37 AM

Jun 2013
i am DEFINITELY NOT crying my eyes out! NOT AT ALL!
God im gonna miss this show!!
10/10
Sep 23, 2017 7:03 PM

Dec 2012
Why didn't Yoshino want to stay being the queen? She's made so many good friends in Manoyama. I understand that Kadota wants to disband the Kingdom and thus she wouldn't have any work to do. But that's prior to her decision.

Also will they continue running the tourism board? Couldn't Yoshino continue working in the tourism board even if they stop trying to revive the Chubakabura Kingdom?

Interesting how everyone has a goal except for Shiori... unless planting cherry blossom trees is her goal? Wasn't too sure
Sep 23, 2017 8:48 PM

Jul 2015
Aaaaaaaaand its over. The day of the festival has come and gone, but boy was it nice, though they ran into quite a few problems getting everything to work. The song was beautiful and helped to make this a very nice and fitting finale to a really good and decently long anime.

Really glad I picked this up from the beginning, the description of this just kind of sounded stupid and I had originally planned on skipping out but added this till fill up my seasonal list, and it was definitely worth the watch. I'm gonna miss the Kingdom of Chupakabura and the girls. My final score is a 9/10. It was truly a great 25 weeks.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 23, 2017 11:31 PM

Aug 2013
Easily 10/10. Anime of the year for now. Probably my favorite P.A. Works anime. Truly beautiful.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 23, 2017 11:41 PM

Mar 2013
Well-Executed Ending... I almost cried myself up seeing Yoshino say goodbye to everyone from Manoyama, and "Freesia" kicks in once again is just makes it feel emotional more...

Compared to Shirobako, I think this show has slightly more good points than that. But both of those are good P.A. Works series... Gonna miss this show for sure, Best Underrated SoL Anime for this year imo.

9/10 overall
Sep 23, 2017 11:42 PM

May 2016
I cried.
Worth it, it has been an amazing 6 months.
Sep 24, 2017 1:38 PM

Aug 2016
I'm gonna miss this Q_Q

I cried at the end. When my contract is over, my departure from this small town won't be nearly as dramatic :P
Sep 24, 2017 2:16 PM

Feb 2008
Wow. The episode felt fulfilling on so many levels. The comedy, the way the loose ends were tied up, the uplifting message. The production team truly depicted various culture shocks well.

So Yoshino chose to take on another challenge. What a way to end the series! I'm a bit sad to see the cast of Sakura Quest leave, though.
Sep 24, 2017 9:46 PM

May 2010
I got teary-eyed again. I love the messages of this show, it was quite a ride.

8.5/10 for this. I was able to learn from it.
Sep 25, 2017 12:14 AM

Feb 2008
A well done show. Some awkward moments here and there but at the end, Yoshino could win my acceptance as a good main character. The stories from Manoyama and the whole Main city-countryside situation got me hooked and I deeply wanted Manoyama to thrive and continue to be alive.

The last episodes with Erika showed that young desire that people from the countryside have to be successful and complete their dreams at the main city. Pretty nice ending, nice music, great voice acting. I want to marry Shiori-chan.

Anzai Chika and Tomoyo Kurosawa once again reunited as Maki and Erika. What surprised me more, is that Yoshino went to... where did she go? Anyone got some ideas? Had to be Japan, though, right?

7/10

"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Sep 25, 2017 6:39 PM
Dec 2013
I hate when things I love finally end. I get so attached to the characters it's hard for me to let go knowing they're won't be any more episodes. Goddamn it P.A. Works, you know how to make the waterworks fly.

Sep 26, 2017 7:58 AM

Dec 2014
sad as fucking ending

Sep 27, 2017 7:40 AM

Apr 2013
Nice closure. Erika's goal is to become Kousuke's wife. Kindaichi finally found his life partner. Ririko will become a traveler like Lucia. Alexandre should marry Ririko! That train scene.. : [ In the end, Yoshino decided to help other towns. Best character of this anime is Ushimatsu. I'm gonna miss Manoyama and the whole cast.

A movie sequel would be great! Starring Yoshino, ofcourse!

Sep 27, 2017 8:53 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That farewell speech had an OST that reminded me of Clannad. Really miss this show already. I thought it would be a wacky show but it really grew on me towards the end.

8/10
It was a beautiful end to the show. :)

Sep 28, 2017 9:06 PM

Mar 2009
What an incredibly wholesome and wonderful show Sakura Quest was. Throughout the course of these 25 episodes, so many of the characters changed. Even the old lady became a great character, when she used to always be so cranky about things. I loved all the characters, and by the end I couldn't even decide on best girl anymore. Yoshino, Ririko, Sanae, and Shiori were all so great.

Couldn't help but tear up during the departure scene. Kadota's a lovable dude. He does things in odd ways and is always so stubborn, but he loves Manoyama with all his heart.

Those little epilogue scenes were cool. Ririko getting ready to travel the world, tanned Yoshino, etc. Maybe we'll get an OVA in the future?

And with that, I guess it's time to say goodbye to Sakura Quest. I don't want to leave Manoyama. T__T
Great job, PA Works. Now, where's the 2nd season of Shirobako? :P
Oct 1, 2017 8:05 AM

Jun 2017
The best ending of the season!!!!
Love the songs so much!
8 out of 10
Oct 1, 2017 9:11 PM

Dec 2012
I delayed myself to watch the ending because I was scared I might get sad. Yup I sure did a bit back there. The farewell scene made me smile but so emotional at the same time. SQ is nowhere near perfect but it left a lasting impression on me and my emotions so props to that fact alone.

The fact that this was too "real" and relatable made me feel all these.
allo
Oct 2, 2017 12:22 PM

Mar 2016
I love this show. Unlike Shirobako, the five main characters are more flawed here. Their journey to become more capable and mature can be a good story. There is still much to explore from Yoshino's character, but the show is still beautiful for what it is, 8/10 from me
Oct 3, 2017 8:29 PM

Jul 2015
It ended and missed already :c

Very well scripted story. Love shows with the countryside thematic.

Hope for at least 1 or 2 extra ovas, since, sadly, I don't think the story needs a second season.

Great lighthearted, relaxing and funny show!

I'll miss you 5 pretty waifu hero girls. :c
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Oct 4, 2017 7:13 PM

Jul 2013
While the anime has just been sort of "going along" with mediocrity, I must say that the final episode is one of the best finale I've ever seen. It was just executed so well that it's on a whole different level than the rest of the anime. Overall it's quite a satisfying ending, not PA Works' best but it's watchable.

7/10
Oct 4, 2017 8:39 PM
Jan 2009
I have some confidence this show will still become my choice for Best Anime of 2017. The opposite end will be "Hand Shakers". For those watching the simuldub, though there are 3 episodes left to stream, the recording for the final episode finished today.
Oct 5, 2017 6:22 PM
Apr 2016
I do not understand the people who think this anime is not good
I think this anime is far from bad
a lot of positive side that I take from this anime is mainly motivation to not easily faltered hit the problem
with the story and heroine that is almost the same with shirobako and ending as touching as hanasaku iroha
I gave the score for this anime 9/10
Oct 7, 2017 1:11 AM

Oct 2013
Yoshino is such a hardworking girl, i'm so glad she found her passion in life, bringing happiness from town to town, i hope one day i can find my passion just like Yoshino did. This truly a beautiful series i enjoyed it so much, made me want to live in Manoyama. Nice character development and chill vibes on every episode.

Is Sandal-san gonna leave Manoyama as well ? because he already found the his roots there, i wouldn't mind for a 2nd season. Also i found a new waifu, Sanae is prefect waifu ♥

Overall score 9/10, one of the best slice of life anime i've ever watched forsure
Oct 7, 2017 7:38 AM

Sep 2015
A solid ending to a good and occasionally great series. The way it brought everything together to save Manoyama was unexpected but interesting. The way Alexander whatever whatever was kind of the linch pin of the plan was really cool. And the conclusion was exciting without betraying the grounded storytelling that preceded it. It's always a festival everything's building towards in small town stories though huh?

Part of me wanted Yoshino to stay with the crew forever. But the way they went felt truer to the characters. I'm sure they'll meet again someday. Even if we never see it. Still while I wouldn't say I was bawling or anything. Yoshino's departure was an emotional one. She matured so fast it's easy to forget. But it's hard to believe the selfish kid from the first episode. Is the capable adult at the end they're all sad to see go. I wonder what she does next.
Oct 8, 2017 3:29 AM

Jan 2017
I started out not really liking the show.. it was kinda .. meh.. to me but I soon got hooked. It had lovable characters and a good solid ending. I'm grateful that the story didn't end with Yoshino staying in Manoyama or simply going to be some idol or actress. The fact that she made her career in revitalising towns, that truly signalled to me that she grew as a person and is no longer the girl we saw in episode 1. Well done to the writers for that.
Oct 10, 2017 8:09 AM

Oct 2012
I don't want it to end.. Nooo :(

That parting scene, the old man said "Yoshino" instead of "Queen"
No, tears.. go back! T_T

Aww Yoshino is doing god's work <3

"All's well ends well"
I'll miss this anime :(
I'll miss Sandal-san too xD
Rayl1ghtOct 10, 2017 8:29 AM
"Signature removed"
Oct 12, 2017 11:28 AM

Feb 2013
Loved this show!!! I thought it was spectacularly done. Will definitely miss this one.

8/10 could possibly bump it up to a 9 with the last few episodes.
Oct 12, 2017 7:00 PM

May 2014
I loved this show. Ending had me emotional.
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Oct 27, 2017 7:34 AM

Dec 2009

Not really my type of show, but with this level of sincerity i can't justify not appreciating it. It was quite enjoyable and i could really feel what they were trying to express with this anime.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 31, 2017 10:06 AM

Aug 2016
Ah man, really made me tear up there in the end :'(. Such a good story, such lovable characters. 9/10! Gonne miss this one.
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 2, 2017 9:23 PM

May 2012
Great wrap up I must say, quite loved it till the ending and in general it was a fun watch!
Nov 12, 2017 1:50 PM

Oct 2012
The festival was great, so many feels! And the song was really nice. The second part and the conclusion was... good I guess but I believe it would be better if Yoshino returned to help her own hometown instead, to come full circle.
This was just... a bridge to possible second season I guess (not that it happens though).

The ending arc was really good (and I mean it) and some of previous episodes too (starting with ep20, the one with Maki for example) but the rest of the series was really average sometimes.. and also boring. The fact that the anime was self-conscious about its shortcomings and that they didn't really have anything of interest in the town didn't help either and I believe it would be much better if they actually tried to promote their lovely countryside, craft and tradition instead of many (questionable) ideas. That way it was maybe too ordinary sometimes.

I still believe there is some worth in this series and I liked how their lives actually moved on after one year together instead of some fairytale ending but one has to take their endeavours it with grain of salt and don't expect much.

6/10 If you can overcome boredom of their boring city in every other episode you can actually experience some nice slice-of-life here. Just don't expect much else you would be disappointed.
Nov 19, 2017 6:11 PM

Feb 2014
Well, I'm more than a little late in finishing this show, but now that it's over I'm glad I stuck with it and that I spread it out over almost the entire year. For how slow the pacing was at times, it always managed to hook me again at some point. And more importantly, I feel like this show relates to my life where it is right now more than anything I've watched in a very long time. It wasn't flashy, but it was quite realistic in the way it handled things right up to the end, which is ultimately what gave it such impact. I'd like to think I'm more prepared for 2018 and beyond a little more for having watched this show, and that's something kinda special.
Nov 28, 2017 11:33 PM

Apr 2011
Great show, great finale. It gave a good closure to the story. The festival was a great success. hearing Riri's beautiful song is calming and touching.

I thought this show wouldn't be good as Shirobako at first, but it turned out great. It was fun watching the girls try different ideals to revitalize the town.

It is sad its over. It nice to add a scene where the girl talk on what to do in their futures. It made emotional and almost teary eyed when everyone see Yoshino off. I'm happy she decided what to do for her future.

I really enjoyed this show. Its overrated, but I don't care. 9/10.
Dec 3, 2017 10:38 AM

Jan 2011
I discovered this show at winter Comiket last year and I was hooked there by the nice visuals and the fact that its another PA Works working girls show (shirobako was fantastic). Now Nihon countryside, exactly what I like and experienced myself. ^^ So I started this show and was not dissapointed while watching it. The show earns some personal extra points because this year I was involved in my small hometowns tourism section after my return from Tokyo as well. =D And I waited with the end of this show until I quit my contract here, too. So I shared some experience with Yoshino, Shiori and the others, what helped me understanding this show (and my hometown) even more and also connected this show to my own life more than others. Nice coincidence. ^^ And here is another story: Last year I tried to get hired at PA Works and if that would have went well, I would have worked for this show as well and maybe got some influence there. xD Some things of the show were soso (Chupacabra kingdom was kinda too silly and I also didnt like some charas), but nothing bad. ^^ Wait, the second opening song was bad, I skipped it all the time. Normaly I dont do this … But OP1 and ED2 are awesome, the dragon song this last episode, too! The last moments of in Manoyama also were heartwarming and sad at the same time. Nice ending! With all that I would give this show a 0,86. Not as interesting and „fresh/new“ as shirobako, but really good in its own way! For sure I will visit Manoyama next time I visit Nihon. ^^ Last year I was close to that town but leaving Shirakawago I took a turn to Kanazawa and not to Toyama. To bad, next time. =) Thanks, PA Works for that show!

PS: Shiori is so cute! Yoshino and Ririko, too … ^^
summerwarsDec 3, 2017 10:46 AM
Dec 22, 2017 8:30 AM

Jun 2017
I'm late to the party because I was chasing too many titles when this series aired. Like Hanasaku Iroha and Shirobako, SQ delved into the workings of an industry and made an original slice-of-life out of it. Like its predecessors, this was also well made because it kept me watching once I started and made me sad to say goodbye at the end. They got most of the reactions they wanted out of me with each scene.

However, I must agree that it isn't very memorable because it was really mellow. Like Mushi-shi and Natsume no Yuujinchou, I will probably remember only the synopsis by next season.

7/10
Dec 22, 2017 8:02 PM

Dec 2014
No matter how much you coat it, this show was just meh. P.A. works wonders with their characters but you just can't see it here. And the subject topic(tourism) was just too boring in terms of how the story delved into it. You may say maybe I just couldn't relate to it but nah, Shirobako tackled a much more foreign topic but PA still managed to present it well and made it highly entertaining and enjoyable. 6/10. Could have been much lower but I'm being merciful today.

Also OP1 and EDs were great. With the exception of OP2. That choice of OP was just.....just why?
thefreeloaderDec 22, 2017 8:06 PM
Dec 25, 2017 12:41 AM

Jan 2012
Fairly bittersweet ending for an, I'd say, fairly underrated little gem of a series. Judging from the synopsis and art style I figured this would be right up my alley and it didn't disappoint. A story of self-discovery for five girls, plus one of a community and its inhabitants. Couldn't help but be reminded of a few series. Shirobako, Hanasaku Iroha, and even Barakamon spring to mind. I'd rank this 3rd of those 4, solidly above Hanasaku Iroha. It was certainly an emotional little series, the tears came more than once, with strong characters. The community aspects at this time of the year even reminded me just a bit of It's A Wonderful Life. Of the five girls Shiori and Sanae were definitely my favorites. And not only because they were easily the hottest. XD Speaking of, I was glad to see my early feelings of a possible love triangle between Sanae and those 2 woodcutters never panned out. The only romance we got was between Sayuri, Shiroi's sister, and that cook, and that was sweet. On a personality level the girl I personally related to most was actually Ririko. Good for her, going out and living her life. And such a nice voice. Was also happy for Maki and her familial and career developments. Interestingly enough our lead Yoshino was the girl I found myself caring for the least. Though the show did certainly develop her, especially in the end, and she was by no means a bad character. Just definitely my least favorite of the 5 girls. I probably liked some of the side characters like Sandal-san and Ushiyama better too. Really liked the little glimpse into his past we got. But regardless she was fine, and this was a good series. I'd give it a solid 8 out of 10.
Dec 27, 2017 8:00 AM

Apr 2014
This is indeed a good anime. I'm gonna miss this show.
So I'll give this anime a 8 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:28 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2017

73 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.