Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 30, 2017 8:50 AM
Nov 2016
Does anyone know who voice Annabel?
i can't seem found it
Jan 30, 2017 9:01 AM

Sep 2013
That was painful to watch.
Jan 30, 2017 9:02 AM
Sep 2012
I say this about Hannah and Barbara, at least they are not attached to the hip to Diana, they are giving her some space. Now if only they can detach each other from the hip, and really be independent, that would be good for them. And maybe without each other, they would be nicer.
Jan 30, 2017 9:19 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The last minutes were top. Other than that probably the weakest episode so far.
Jan 30, 2017 9:45 AM

Jan 2017
This has to be my favorite episode so far.

Even though Twilight is an awfully dated thing to parody/reference, pretty much everthing else made up for that. They managed to do something unique and interesting plotwise, the comedic and serious moments were balanced perfectly, and the ending was really touching. It's episodes like these that remind me why I was so excited for this series in the first place.
Jan 30, 2017 10:35 AM

Jun 2015
that Night Fall saga sounds very interesting
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 30, 2017 11:14 AM

May 2015
A nice little message here.

This ep focused mainly on Lotte and her passion for a book series, but nevertheless, the show still managed to stay heartwarming and inspiring.
Jan 30, 2017 11:15 AM

Jul 2012
TheLonelyCynic said:

At first I thought that she was going to end up being Annabel, but they didn't go for comedy with that reveal.

It was refreshing to see someone besides Akko going nuts over something. Also liked that Diana's henchgirls got slightly more personality in this episode.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Jan 30, 2017 11:16 AM

Apr 2016
Really amazing soft episode.
Perfact for the early episodes that establishes things and kind sets up world before we go into what ever plot we get.

I love the whole Twilight reference. It's parodied wonderfully and the whole talk about stuff that happens in the book is perfect as it feels just like how you would feel when you hear about a story you know nothing about.

Overall great episode again. Can't wait for the 5th
Jan 30, 2017 12:16 PM

Mar 2008
Lol Trigger ye've done it again! Twilight, Evangelion Hanna-Barbera references stuffed in this episode. A great insightful episode of being creative in the face of what seems like overwhelming criticism and a great center of Lotte.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Jan 30, 2017 12:41 PM
Oct 2016
Better get a sucy ep next
Jan 30, 2017 12:45 PM

Dec 2012
This show is fun, but definitely for a younger audience. Too lighthearted.
Jan 30, 2017 1:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm in a tiny minority here probably, but I found this episode pretty boring. Didn't really feel the plot moved along at all. I hope that I'm mistaken and that some bits and pieces become important later on.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 30, 2017 1:35 PM

Apr 2012
When we saw the movie we all wanted more. Now that we have more content I think it is to slow. This is a classic example of fans wanting to much. This is just my opinion.
The movies were full of action ant 100 things happening at the same time and besides the same characters it feels like something completely different.
Jan 30, 2017 1:44 PM

Jun 2013
oh come on what's that gay crap twilight doing here and what a surprise it's shit even in this universe lol seriously though this was a good episode just be happy with whatever you're doing not everyone will support you
Jan 30, 2017 1:57 PM

Jul 2015
Well now, Night Fall sounds like a much better love story than twilight and is overall pretty interesting sounding. Would love to know how this Belle caught a nuke. Learned a whole lot about Lotte in this episode as well and it was ultimately a good one.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 30, 2017 2:09 PM
Sep 2012
What about the Steven Universe version of Twilight when there is not Belle at all, just a gay love story.
Jan 30, 2017 2:52 PM

Oct 2013
I almost died when Lotte and Annabel were talking about Arthur's Oedipus Complex!
Jan 30, 2017 3:45 PM

Jun 2016
Nice episode, bit emotional.
Jan 30, 2017 3:49 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012

I HAVE A PEEEEEEEENNNNN...

I HAVE 3 CUTE GIRLS...

UGH...

MOE ATTACK XD
Jan 30, 2017 4:52 PM

Sep 2014
Actar said:
Hm... A vampire named Edgar, a werewolf named Arthur and a human female named Belle. I wonder what series "night fall" could be a reference to. (^.^;) What's another word for night fall again?

All in all, a simple and sweet budget-saving episode about a reluctant writer who couldn't handle the pressures of being one with Lotte restoring her passion. I did love the world-building, but it was a pretty straight-forward episode without much stand-out drama or comedy... Something about these non-action episodes really makes the animation seem stilted. Guess it's because we're used to seeing the characters being very dynamic. Lol at Lotte's true reason for refusing the role of writer being "she would know what happens next".

Also, lolwut?

I wanted that the novel came IRl, but now I fucking hate it XD
I'm happy that Lotte got develop
Jan 30, 2017 5:12 PM

Jul 2015
eh, weakest episode so far. All of that just to shove some mediocre ideas the author likes down my throat
Jan 30, 2017 5:19 PM

Oct 2014
I'm going to leave out the fact that they parodied some shitty western fujo series (aside other parodies which is... well it's okay.)
and I'm also going to leave out the fact that the plot for this episode sucks and "I've seen better SoL plot from a 6.5 MAL-rated series."....

Nice characterization not only for Lotte, but also for the group of Senseis
Before this we already knew that these girls are labeled troublemakers but the Senseis didn't really take an offensive stance to discipline them, especially since Ursula, who is in charge of them, barely even get screen-time.
Jan 30, 2017 5:26 PM
Aug 2016
I loved the episode except for the empty feeling at the end. It didn't bring up any plot, but the writer was fucking adorable so I guess that makes up for it.
Jan 30, 2017 6:31 PM

Nov 2011
I know Night Fall is supposed to be a very obvious Twilight reference but for some reason when they started to talk about all those crazy plot points I could only think about Outlander.
Anyway, cute episode, I eagerly wait for the Sucy-centric episode.
Baby, daijobanai...
Jan 30, 2017 6:48 PM

Jan 2011
9anime doesn't have the subs for ep 4 yet.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 30, 2017 7:54 PM

Jan 2011
EcchiLordMamster said:

I HAVE 3 CUTE GIRLS...

UGH...

MOE ATTACK XD
But you missed the epic plot twist.......SMH

Anyway this episode was okay to good for the first 12 minutes then went to awesome zone with that plot twist. My god I didn't see that coming. It's crazy how night Fall, while a Twilight reference can also be consider a slight nod to Nancy Drew.

Besides that, I loved the character development for Lotte and how Akko learned from Lotte. They are really expanding the characters. I wish we could have saw Lotte's friend.
Jan 30, 2017 7:56 PM

May 2016
is that tuxedo mask(?) and gendou ikari reference xD,
also i wonder if arthur going to space is the equivalent of sparkling edward that people have been crazy about back then lol
Jan 30, 2017 8:27 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
MasterHavik said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

I HAVE 3 CUTE GIRLS...

UGH...

MOE ATTACK XD

Anyway this episode was okay to good for the first 12 minutes then went to awesome zone with that plot twist. My god I didn't see that coming. It's crazy how night Fall, while a Twilight reference can also be consider a slight nod to Nancy Drew.

Besides that, I loved the character development for Lotte and how Akko learned from Lotte. They are really expanding the characters. I wish we could have saw Lotte's friend.

uh, if you mean about her not being the original writer, then no i didn't miss that... lol
Jan 30, 2017 8:52 PM

Jan 2011
EcchiLordMamster said:
MasterHavik said:

uh, if you mean about her not being the original writer, then no i didn't miss that... lol
Well that the series was written by many. I got Nancy Drew vibes when I heard that. I fucking lost my shit in a good way.
Jan 30, 2017 9:03 PM

Oct 2011
Omg twilight XD
Great episode witj Lotte.
GreatBen810 is that sensei omg
Hope for a Sucy episode and her mushrooms
Jan 30, 2017 9:17 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
MasterHavik said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Well that the series was written by many. I got Nancy Drew vibes when I heard that. I fucking lost my shit in a good way.

wait... wasn't that like, the Hardy Boys? i remember that shit from elementary school @__@

holy shit thats a throwback
Jan 30, 2017 9:48 PM

Jan 2011
EcchiLordMamster said:
MasterHavik said:

wait... wasn't that like, the Hardy Boys? i remember that shit from elementary school @__@

What I meant is that, just like Nancy Drew, the story was pass on through generations of generations of ghost writers. It's pretty fucking cool that there are books today of both Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys.
Jan 30, 2017 11:43 PM

Jun 2016
great filler episode, loads o"fun too. Glad to see what Diana's minions are up to too (Barbara was cute, ok????). But I hope that there aren't that many filler episodes in the series as a whole.
THE SMITHS ARE THE BEST BAND
Jan 31, 2017 2:47 AM

Sep 2015
I wasn't sure how I felt about this episode at first. Creating a Twilight parody in your Harry Potter homage is a little too meta for me. But then I thought it was amusing when they re imagined it as a long running light novel type deal. And the convention was kind of amusing too. Where it really hooked me though was the reveal that the series had been written by generations of authors with the same pen. I at first imagined a much more darkly funny route it would take. That writing this kind of garbage was like a curse or something that was now Lotte's cross to bear. But it makes more sense they'd go the route they did. I would have preferred something more cynical but it's just not the series style. On a final note though pretty good episode, I'm glad they focused on Lotte and hope a Sucy centered episode is soon to follow.
Jan 31, 2017 3:38 AM

Oct 2016
good episode .. damn lotte is so knowledgeable in Nightfall... and damn that author loil .. >,<
Jan 31, 2017 4:53 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
MasterHavik said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

What I meant is that, just like Nancy Drew, the story was pass on through generations of generations of ghost writers. It's pretty fucking cool that there are books today of both Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys.

thats one of the biggest throwbacks i've run into in awhile, most ppl on this site probably don't even know wtf that is lol

anyway i was forced to read those as a kid
Jan 31, 2017 5:00 AM

Feb 2016
Dalren said:
i can't seem found it

probably Sumire Uesaka judging from that kawaii voice >_<
Jan 31, 2017 5:25 AM

Jul 2013
Good God.. can you imagine 365 volumes of Twilight and that Stephanie Meyer lives for 120 years? *shudder*
Jan 31, 2017 7:43 AM

Sep 2009
Quinnick said:
I loved the episode except for the empty feeling at the end. It didn't bring up any plot, but the writer was fucking adorable so I guess that makes up for it.

what is plot for you?
Jan 31, 2017 10:21 AM

Mar 2009
A Lotte episode is a good episode, as far as I'm concerned.
Jan 31, 2017 11:32 AM

May 2010
I think this was one a really refreshing episode. Who knew there would be a whole episode about showing Twilight in a better light. Tbh the whole "still a better love story than twilight" thing is so overused its meh. Just move pass it already.
Jan 31, 2017 11:58 AM

Aug 2012
Lotte was the star in this episode! She's a total fangirl ^-^ I love it! There are a few twilight references that I saw too haha
Jan 31, 2017 1:08 PM

Jun 2012
I can't believe this anime just referenced Twilight and Myspace of all things in the same episode. What year is this?! That was freaking awesome.
Jan 31, 2017 2:16 PM

Jan 2011
EcchiLordMamster said:
MasterHavik said:

thats one of the biggest throwbacks i've run into in awhile, most ppl on this site probably don't even know wtf that is lol

anyway i was forced to read those as a kid
Well remember I ma a fan of all forms of animation. That goes for books and other shit too.
Jan 31, 2017 3:29 PM
Sep 2016
j2jaga said:
Dalren said:
i can't seem found it

probably Sumire Uesaka judging from that kawaii voice >_<

The one voicing Annabel is Morohoshi Sumire, as you can see from the credits.

poosh_inkJan 31, 2017 3:37 PM
Jan 31, 2017 3:34 PM

Jun 2014
Albi-kun said:
This show is fun, but definitely for a younger audience. Too lighthearted.

That isn't true. Adults can enjoy lighthearted anime too. Maybe it is for a younger audience, but its for an older audience too. Not every anime needs explosians and boobies and a superb story.
Jan 31, 2017 4:03 PM

Jan 2013
Nice twilight hardcore mega extreme remake xD
Oh and that reference to Evangelion, pretty nice.
Btw greatben810 was a teacher from their school xD

hahaha nice comments xD
lolwut

@Actar
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 31, 2017 6:07 PM
Nov 2012
I have to agree with the fictional internet trolls in lwa, those books do sound like a trainwreck lol
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Are the OVA and Mahoujikake no Parade part of the canon?

JustSomeone15 - May 27

7 by Rei_III »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

160 by mineandcraft »»
May 25, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

117 by JVskunkape »»
May 22, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

310 by HoneyBees91 »»
Feb 28, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.