Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 29, 2017 1:57 PM

Sep 2013
FUCKING FUCKING FUCK FUCKING FUCK!
Jan 29, 2017 2:11 PM

Sep 2007
The fuuccckkk not best girl!? I can't tell who to hate more, Iok or Jasley!?
Jan 29, 2017 2:22 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
The brilliance of the death scene is how she was assassinated instead of being killed in action. She was also killed in her most vulnerable state. She was not killed as collateral damage and consequence of war (like most other Gundam series) but her murder was a planned and calculated move. To add to the injury she was killed when she was buying a teddy bear that reminds her of her loved one.

I have to applaud Okada for the brilliance of this episode.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 29, 2017 2:50 PM

Aug 2013
Dude...my heart is perma-broken after this episode.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 29, 2017 3:10 PM

Sep 2011
wakka9ca said:
The brilliance of the death scene is how she was assassinated instead of being killed in action. She was also killed in her most vulnerable state. She was not killed as collateral damage and consequence of war (like most other Gundam series) but her murder was a planned and calculated move. To add to the injury she was killed when she was buying a teddy bear that reminds her of her loved one.

its a really ballsy death cause the abruptness of it is a real risky move that is made to upset. It places the viewers in the situation of the characters of thinking jasley's actions as cowardly and diwnright sickening. Some will hate how this was done and claim bad writing but frankly i applaud how it was done and think it effectively made me feel like shit afterwords.

That is unless they somehow retcon it like some people are speculating, but i just dont see how or why they would especially with how noticibly more explicit her actual death was to her fake out in s1.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 29, 2017 3:43 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
What the fuck, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
Jan 29, 2017 3:55 PM

Jan 2013
OMG You know what Mr.Producer? Why not just kill everyone in one episode? Then the feels would be over... why you do this??!?!
I thought the feels were over :( Why Lafter?Why'? She was the best girl!
I thought that Lafter and Akihiro would date, they never kissed or expressed their feelings to each other, and now she is dead? Oh c'mon... :(
That moment when Mika agreed to have kids with Atra was so funny xD Atra was like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!".
MIKAZUKI & AKIHIRO!!! PLEASE KILL THEM ALL, DESTROY THEM!!! MIKA DESTROY THEM!!!
This was just too much for me :(

R.I.P Lafter, you will be missed <3

Pic by id=101537
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 29, 2017 4:13 PM

Aug 2015
It was a relatively quiet episode, and yet Sunrise managed to have some of its most impactful scenes yet. My stomach lurched when they cut from the scene of Jasley deciding he needed to provoke Tekkadan further to Azee and Lafter shopping. And yet for the message, I thought they'd beat them or something like that. For them to go all the way and kill Lafter... I'm still in shock.

RIP Lafter. Naze and Amida sacrificed themselves, but you were slain like a dog on the street. At the very least you are with them now, and may have full faith that Akihiro will avenge you in full force.

I was hoping Orga would say "all the way" when Mikazuki asked how far he should go. You're the king, Mikazuki. Show those under you what happens when you cross Orga and Tekkadan.
AugustHEEHOJan 29, 2017 4:31 PM
Jan 29, 2017 4:24 PM

Apr 2013
Wow... i knew i told myself it was a death flag when the girl said her last Goodbye to Akihiro... but i didn't think it'd be like 5 minutes later.

Jan 29, 2017 4:25 PM

Jan 2017
Good job, this series may top Zeta in terms of the levels of hatred I feel toward some of the characters.
Jan 29, 2017 4:26 PM

Sep 2016
Loli_Succubus said:
Good job, this series may top Zeta in terms of the levels of hatred I feel toward some of the characters.
jerid is a bro....
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 29, 2017 4:34 PM

Apr 2015
I prefer Jaslen as a villan than Iok. At least jaslen is not stupid as Iok. I think this revenge fight will be more interesting now than if they just kill Idiok.

And about Lafter's death IMO she should have died in the end of season one. Because honestly, it was impossible that Lafter, Shino and Azee would have survived with those injuries.
Jan 29, 2017 4:39 PM
May 2012
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK!!!!!

First it was Naze turbine and now THIS!!!??? LAFTER DIES?! GOD, I HOPE THAT SCUMBAG JESLEN WILL PAY FOR WHAT IT'S DONE!! PLEASE AKIHIRO, AVENGE HER!

OH, HOW COME THAT IDIOT IOK KUJAN IS STILL ALIVE!? GOD, I WISH HE COULD DIE BY FIRE AS WELL IN HONOR TO AVENGE NAZE TURBINE.

I'm sorry, people. I can't believe why I suddenly became emotional at this point since last episode due to total whiplash until it's hard to wrap my head around the crap that goes on this show.

God, I hated myself right now. FML....
JafriZinJan 29, 2017 4:48 PM
Jan 29, 2017 4:51 PM

Aug 2008
Some of these comments saying Lafter is still alive......makes me want to hope so much for it. But I'm not gonna do it that to myself. She's gone.

If you go watch the tape again (I'm never watching that tape again), it looks like she got shot in the head. Fuckin domed
Jan 29, 2017 4:54 PM

Sep 2011
destructo22 said:
Some of these comments saying Lafter is still alive......makes me want to hope so much for it. But I'm not gonna do it that to myself. She's gone.

If you go watch the tape again (I'm never watching that tape again), it looks like she got shot in the head. Fuckin domed
she was, she was shot in the head heart and gut. Shes deader than dead.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 29, 2017 5:06 PM

Jan 2011
i don't know how to feel..they killed my girl i was naive thinking everything was gonna go fine for them, but for it all to happen so soon in the same episode caught me off guard i didn't know how to reaction..but if i wanna be honest i been worried about their lives since they first joined and was amazed how long they made it but not like this being gun down like that hits harder than dying out in battle.
Jan 29, 2017 5:07 PM

Apr 2008
First was all of Recon-G and now this. I guess I'm just done with Gundam, forever. Lafter was the only interesting person in the whole show. I guess Orga will just keep proving he is the only real piece of human debris for the rest of the series.
AcinonyxJan 29, 2017 5:19 PM
Jan 29, 2017 5:12 PM

Aug 2008
JizzyHitler said:
destructo22 said:

christ, man. don't need to tell me the full autopsy report. ;___;
Jan 29, 2017 5:34 PM

Apr 2008
Akihiro can't be happy huh? Usually, love = death

That was so incredibly cheap, and it's enough to make you angry. After Mobile Armor fight, it's really all Jasley's fault because of his mistrust for Naze.

7 Days, fat boy.
Jan 29, 2017 5:37 PM

Mar 2014
umm yeah next week's gonna atra's turn. akihiro has the same destiny as mikatsuki, which their lives are bounded by wars
i was impressed by aji's VA who did that screaming. it was just too real.
ButtSlapperJan 29, 2017 6:00 PM
Jan 29, 2017 6:03 PM

Nov 2012
wakka9ca said:

Yeah.
And the impact, too. So.. subtle? maybe, as I was watching her with a smile because of the Teddy bear and then "Eh?" - dead.
And Sachi Kokuryu (Azee VA) just impressive, well... damn, that cry... was the last hit to my heart.

As much I may want to hold of the theory she may be just injured (very injured) as my poor kokoro wants, I don't think it would feel anymore pain if she remained as we last watched her: dead
lol *sob* :(
Jan 29, 2017 6:11 PM

Jan 2017
GangsterCat said:
Loli_Succubus said:
jerid is a bro....

I actually liked Jerid a lot. I'm really talking about Katz and Reccoa. Sorry if people liked them!

Lafter's death was really one of the first time in a very long time where I just felt kind of sick. The sound of the gunshots and then Azee's scream..geeze..

At first I was so sure the lady working at the store had been shot because I heard Lafter scream..I could re-watch the scene but I really don't want to.
Jan 29, 2017 6:17 PM

Jul 2010
I expected Lafter to die throughout this episode because of all the foreshadowing but man was it swift and brutal, what a cunt Jasley.

JizzyHitler said:
destructo22 said:

She got the whole good ol' Gundam foreshadowing/flashback and everything, no one recovers from that.
Jan 29, 2017 6:17 PM

Sep 2010
amc9988 said:
Damn! I never expected that Lafter and Akihiro moment is a death flag... I realized Lafter might died after Jesley told his men to "man up Tekkadan". Fuck it! Iok and Jasley NEED TO DIE IN A VERY GRUESOME WAY

Amen to that. Mika kick them down to Hell.

Lafter was my fav Turbines so this sucks and this is bullshit.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 29, 2017 6:58 PM

Jul 2009
redd530 said:
Jasley just topped Iok Kujan as #1 in my shit list real quick. Unbelievable.

I thought the feels were over!
I thought we were safe!
KILL THEM ALL MIKA!!

See, I'd agree except idIok is still worse. Fuckley was horrible from the beginning. hes just complete scum so this kind of behaviour is expected. idIok actually thinks he's noble and tries to do "good" for what he believes is right...which is fucked up. So he's still worse. He got manipulated by Fuckley which got Naze and Amida killed, not to mention now Lafter. And earlier he let that armour go crazy and that's why Mika is crippled and that whole farm plant got wiped out (poor innocent people). idIok is still the greatest scum. But Fuckley is a close second.

ChronoF said:
My top 2 fuckers in anime. IdIok and Fuckley

Gold. I propose we all call them this from now on.

I have now edited by above post to reflect this
InugirlzJan 29, 2017 7:01 PM
Jan 29, 2017 7:15 PM

Jul 2015
I swear to god. Naze, one of this show's best characters just died last episode. Now Lafter?!
Kill them all Mika, kill them all!

Jan 29, 2017 7:17 PM

Mar 2014
Next episode should be great. Poor Lafter, that was a very unfortunate way to go.

Acinonyx said:
First was all of Recon-G and now this. I guess I'm just done with Gundam, forever. Lafter was the only interesting person in the whole show. I guess Orga will just keep proving he is the only real piece of human debris for the rest of the series.

So you're dropping because of a character death?
Jan 29, 2017 7:54 PM

Jun 2015
There are now two characters that I hate so much. I think I hate Jasley more than Iok. The way he disrespected Naze's funeral was very upsetting. Not only that, he got Lafter killed. Mika better mess him up very bad. Akihiro went berserk mode in the gym. Mikazuki and Atra talking about babies was pretty funny.
Jan 29, 2017 7:58 PM

Jul 2015
To many death in 2 episodes. Poor akihiro...if you take lafter to tekkadan that time..
Jan 29, 2017 8:42 PM
Jan 2017
2 fuckers must die!

ZensenjabzJan 29, 2017 9:42 PM
Jan 29, 2017 8:51 PM
Jan 2015
Jasley just signed his death wish >:( Rip Lafter....
-MahesvaraJan 29, 2017 10:18 PM
My Queens

Jan 29, 2017 9:00 PM
Jun 2009
Yes, no need to hold back Mika, annihilate them!
Jan 29, 2017 9:17 PM

Dec 2012
Oh Man... just when you think its chill for a moment with Mika and Atra talking babies and they end Lafter! :(

F****************
Jan 29, 2017 9:35 PM
Jan 2017
Fuck!!!! KILL THEM ALL MIKAAAA !!

Its too much Getting Personal now!!

NurobieJan 29, 2017 9:51 PM
Jan 29, 2017 9:35 PM

Jul 2010
Lafter dead, this is impossible why would be her. i'm done now, Mikazuki kill them all!!!
Jan 29, 2017 9:44 PM

Jan 2016
so, I guess the biggest rule in Gundam is side characters are not allowed to fall in love but main character are allowed.
Jan 29, 2017 10:01 PM

Mar 2014
Listening to the ED after the unexpected death just makes me even more emotional ;-;
Jan 29, 2017 10:16 PM

Sep 2012
When Tomino Smile a Lovable Character Dies.

Jan 29, 2017 10:20 PM

Jan 2008
Edrinn said:
I think Lafter is not dead (at least not yet), they were to much element that was pushing us to believe that she was going to die soon,

Also Some element doesn't seem right, when Echo was calling Tekkadan to deliver the bad new, she was completely neutral, and not a bit sad ( if you remember the previous episode she was crying at Amidas and Naze death), even if we suppose that she was not close to Lafter she would still been sad that a member of her family just died ( like Tekkedan every time they lose member).

Only lafter body is show, with 2 hit, one on the stomach and the other one on the chest.

McMurdo was also show to suspect Jasley from backstabbing Naze, i don't think he would have let the girls without protection. I believe that he let the stage set up to see what Jasley is up to and tekkadan reaction. (surely it will not be the first time, that someone is trying to overthrow him)

I really hope you are not serious. I mean, to think that Lafter is still alive is delusional. Yes, she's dead and no, she's not coming back to life. There's no need to show every detail i.e. funeral, etc. And let's presume she isn't dead, why would Echo lie to Tekkadan? Either way, Lafter is gone and there's no two ways about it.

Why is it so difficult for some people to believe that she died? Is it because she was supposedly going to become Akihiro's lover? Well, Okada stopped that before it happened. Also, Akihiro wasn't in love with Lafter. He respected and cherished her as a comrade. If she stayed alive and chose to go with Tekkadan, I'm sure things would have gone that way eventually but I guess Okada kind of wants to rob Akihiro of the ones closest to him. Too bad I think he might not survive till the end either.

After all those gun shots, there's just no way Lafter is still alive. Those who want to hope, let them hope but it's all in vain. Also, would people really be happy if she comes back to life? I mean, that scene was done in a very good and unexpected way. It sure would be silly if it was done like that just to end up with her being still alive for the sake of a romance subplot.
HatsumiShinoguJan 29, 2017 10:24 PM
Jan 29, 2017 10:58 PM

Apr 2015
Just saw this sad news from my friend, thanks god I didn't watch season 2 of this. I already drop the series from season 1.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Jan 29, 2017 11:08 PM

Mar 2014
rizkprazer said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Farred is sure to "betray" the Tekkadan at some point. What is their child-soldier mercenary organization for his just and lawful Gjallarhorn, led by order and peace? But there was a witness to his promise, and that was his right hand I am sorry do not remember the name. He is most likely to back up Tekkadan after seeing how freely Fareed backstabs people who trusted him.

I think Tekkadan doesn't have any merit for fight against McGillis if he fulfill his promise about "King of Mars". But if Kudelia has any vendetta with McGillis and seek for help to Tekkadan, That's different story.

Kudelia shouldn't though. I can see it going either way at this point. Crazy shit has to happen though, or else the mobile armor fight will over shadow everything.
Jan 29, 2017 11:32 PM

Feb 2008
What an episode. And here I thought I liked episode 15.

Okada's writing is making me angry as the show continues. But it's a good sign: boring stories can't be this interesting. Props to Okada and her death flags.

Which I didn't catch this episode.

Caught me off guard. RIP my favorite girl. Guess that's why she didn't confess. Goddamnit, Okada.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jan 29, 2017 11:46 PM

Aug 2008
Can't say that the frame with her face in the new OP rolled a while back was pleasant. I knew something would happen with her, but I was thinking more along the lines of a kidnapping. The sudden assassination we got instead caught me off guard too -.-

Well, fuck. Recalling from the very earliest signs of her showing something for Akihiko way back in S1... Culminating on this. I knew the chances were there that it would turn out like this, but still lol

Well, I guess the plot moves along. Fuck man. RIP LafterXAkihiko, your will shall live on :x
Jan 30, 2017 12:08 AM

Oct 2011
Why's it gotta be Lafter of all people?...
Can such a dream truely exist?
Jan 30, 2017 12:30 AM

Apr 2013
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

This is the most retarded death after Biscuit...

Crush them all Mikazuki.
Jan 30, 2017 12:32 AM
Jan 2017
Inori-chii said:
Listening to the ED after the unexpected death just makes me even more emotional ;-;

Freesia by Uru. It gives a deeper emotion of lafter's death. Kill all fucktards Mika! All the way!
Jan 30, 2017 2:20 AM

Jul 2014
If I dont see blood, and I mean A LOT OF BLOOD next episode, I swear to God. Mika better fcking deliver.
Jan 30, 2017 3:16 AM
Jul 2009
what the actual fuck......

seen almost 800 series and nothing made me as sad and angry as lafter's death...that was just wrong... >:

also made me post my first forum post ever that's how tilted i am >:
Jan 30, 2017 3:21 AM
Oct 2007
SHIT!! I was thinking if it was a death flag for Lafter when she met up with Akihiro alone in the first half of the episode. Never did I expect it to happen in the very same episode..

I thought this week would be pretty chill after a big episode last week..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2017 4:26 AM
Sep 2016
I guess Jasley wanted Turbines top fighters killed on purpose (ie Lafter) to prove his 'women are weak' point. If Azee was on the scene she probably get assassinated too

Hope Mika butchers Jasley. And Idiok too
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is IBO a modern hidden gem? (Spoilers)

Onigiri_Aoi - Oct 29, 2023

10 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 12, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

408 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 11, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.