Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 29, 2017 7:52 AM
Jan 2017
It is a recchuring theme in seed we thought Kira dies in wing we thought hero died after self destruction i like to think lafter is a main character if going by this would it not be plosible to say she is alive I mean couldn't that message be sent to provoke a assault on jarsley so he has an excuse to destroy tek it is something he would do free all we never see lifters final thoughts something that we always see with main chad tees who die
Jan 29, 2017 7:53 AM
Jan 2017
In this series more so every who dies Aston akeihiros brother nazia amida and more I think she survived
Jan 29, 2017 8:03 AM
Jan 2017
It would not be the first time a char hater from a gundam series was alive after we thought they had died and we did not hear her final thoughts like we have all other characters that died in this series have
Jan 29, 2017 8:05 AM
Jan 2017
Hoppy said:
Kujou_Kurisu said:
when hating iok isn't enough. They went full throttle killing all the waifus with no brakes available.

But, i'm not really sure that lafter is died. She could cheat death once more like she did in the battle against ein, but who knows? IBO likes to tease our feelings in every moment possible

I knew this was going to end up like Victory. If Iok survives then this installment is pretty much a rehashed Victory.

It would not be the first time a character thought to be dead was really alive I mean what about mask man and we did not here her final thoughts like we have all other characters that have dies in this series but in seed and wing the character thought dead was really alive and I believe in. Ore too
Jan 29, 2017 8:08 AM

Sep 2016
Hoppy said:
Kujou_Kurisu said:
when hating iok isn't enough. They went full throttle killing all the waifus with no brakes available.

But, i'm not really sure that lafter is died. She could cheat death once more like she did in the battle against ein, but who knows? IBO likes to tease our feelings in every moment possible

I knew this was going to end up like Victory. If Iok survives then this installment is pretty much a rehashed Victory.
if this is victory, the entire turbines girls already massacred by now

RileyCesmiles4u said:
Hoppy said:

It would not be the first time a character thought to be dead was really alive I mean what about mask man and we did not here her final thoughts like we have all other characters that have dies in this series but in seed and wing the character thought dead was really alive and I believe in. Ore too

SEED is another level of bullshit. andrew waltfield still alive after exploded inside his mech, kira fucking exploded TWICE and still alive perfectly, getting gundam upgrade both times. mu la flaga just getting hit by super beam cannon in the fucking SPACE and returned safely in the sequel lmao
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 29, 2017 8:10 AM
Sep 2012
I'm not actually surprised. This is in line with a regular Gundam series. The writers can dare to kill whenever the story needs a resolution for something. And in this case, the black pieces are all set for the villain side.

I'm just worried about one thing. With so many supporting cast gone in the last couple of episodes, I'm worried about the other characters in Mars and Tekkadan. I hope that they at least keep Atra and Kudelia alive. Also, I can only hope that they spare the only surviving couple in the series. Not that we see a lot of dating between Nadi and Merribit, but they better not.
Jan 29, 2017 8:15 AM

Dec 2012
Was really caught off guard by this. Poor Azee and Akihiro. Next episode is gonna be great, I hope they kill that scum.

And Lol at Mikazuki and making babies. I thought this from the first season but he really doesn't seem to have particularly exclusive feelings for Arta or Klaudia. He would be okay with either of them. It will be part of him being emotionless due to killing.
Jan 29, 2017 8:17 AM

Sep 2011
Kujou_Kurisu said:

she was shot in the head heart and stomach she aint coming back. The difference between this and the previous fake out was it was off screen and no one verified the body till the ep after. This time we saw the corpse and everyone confirmed she was murdered.

I worry akihiro might die next ep cayse what that dude the the earth arc said came off as a death flag.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 29, 2017 8:22 AM
Jan 2017
I don't think Lafter is dead. We only saw her body covered in blood, but not a funeral. That's why I'm still not giving up hope on LafterXAkihiro. Maybe it's the only way to make Akihiro realise his feeling towards her.
Jan 29, 2017 8:22 AM
Jan 2013
Jasley is Worst character ! >_<
Jan 29, 2017 8:23 AM
Sep 2012
Just a quick add to a few things. We may very well have 2 big battles in the horizon. First, the one involving the Arianhod Fleet Iok and Julieta was in, along with the corrupted Jasley. After that, there will be a big battle involving our masked man Vidar. I don't think Rustal Elion will be directly involved, but he will be punished one way or another for his actions over the season.

And secondly, that brown-haired man in the middle of the group that met with McGillis. I feel like he's going to play a part in one of the 2 battles ahead.
Jan 29, 2017 8:30 AM
Sep 2015
This episode pisses me off, despite being a good one, because I was starting to ship Lafter with Akihiro. But the moment she decided not to be with him, warning bells went off. Sure enough, Jasley has a hit ordered on her and kills her off.

So it wasn’t enough to just kill Amida, but they had to off Lafter as well just because of Jasley’s ambition. Not only does this tie Tekkadan to McGillis, which means that for them to have a happy ending we have to let this manipulative asshole win, but Jasley and Iok have ruined all the good things that have been built up to this point, driving them into another corner.

Is it too much to ask for a happy ending, Sunrise?
Jan 29, 2017 8:35 AM

Aug 2016
Am I the only one who thinks that this season is a lot better than the 1st ?
I just wonder how they will conclude everything in 9 episodes.
Jan 29, 2017 8:43 AM

Aug 2013
Ok I'm having a Joffrey and Ramsay flashbacks right now. Fucking Iok and Jasley I really hope they die in a very horrible way. I'm so very mad right now.
Jan 29, 2017 8:53 AM
Jun 2008
THIS IS TOO MUCH !!!
I'M SO PISSED OFF !!
Jan 29, 2017 8:56 AM

Dec 2015
Loved the episode. Again nice comedy with Mika and Atra talking about babies. Lafter + Akihiro ... after Jasley met with his guys and the next scene was with Lafter and Azee I knew something would happen. (Thought they'd kill them both.)

Then that stuffed animal which looked like Akihiro ... and I started to pay attention to minor details. When I saw the guy outside the window I already feared him shooting.

Will be some nice action in the next episodes. Let's see if some Tekkadan people die. (Maybe Akihiro.)
Jan 29, 2017 8:56 AM

Sep 2013
At the beginning: well, we almost have Akihiro/Lafter canon.
At the end: and it's gone.

Lafter! T.T
Jan 29, 2017 9:03 AM

Jul 2016
JUST WHAT THE FFFF!!! I didn't see that coming... oh my... now I really wanted a bloodshed... Blood of Jasley and Iok!!! I need it...
Jan 29, 2017 9:16 AM

Aug 2014
I liked Lafter, but that death was fucking stupid. So blatant Jasley couldn't even come up with a good reason for her death.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 29, 2017 9:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Z4k said:
Omfg I'm so triggered right now.
You're not alone there

I am so fucking tired of this bullshit....Why did it have to be her......I am so fucking PISSED OFF FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Death is too good for Jasley and Iok.....They deserve much worse than that
Jan 29, 2017 9:34 AM

Aug 2010
Wow. Lafter? Really?

WTF man. It's been a while since I feel this pissed off from watching anime.
Jan 29, 2017 9:47 AM

May 2016
First, Masahirio
Second, Aston
Third, Lafter
How much more suffering for Space Guts. The only reason he is kept alive is for people close to him to die. It is a miracle that Chad is still alive.
Takaki was right to jump ship and have a happy ending.
Jan 29, 2017 10:09 AM

Sep 2013
Fffff. I wanted Akihiro to be happy, but rip Lafter. Why must Akihiro suffer so much? Stray dogs Tekkadan is back. I like them more savage than tame tbh. Get rid of those idiots already, please.
Jan 29, 2017 10:11 AM
Jan 2017
Honestly, after the greatness of last week's episode, this was kind of a letdown to me. Lafter's death reeked just a bit too much of women in refrigerators syndrome to me.

That being said, the scenes with Rustal and Iok and with Jasley and McMurdo were very interesting. Clearly the villains are not as smart as they think they are. Also the conversation between Mika and Atra was a well-needed laugh.
Jan 29, 2017 10:11 AM

Apr 2014
Dude my emotions are beyond angry right now. I cannot even say any more than let my actions say them for me.
Jan 29, 2017 10:37 AM

Apr 2016
They killed my favorite girl in this anime. :'(
Also, Lafter died by assassination... What a cowardly act of killing. I could've accepted it if she died fighting in a mobile suit.
As much as I hate Iok, I hate that Jasley more. He's more of an ass douchebag than the stupid coward Iok.
I look forward when these two get what they deserve.
Jan 29, 2017 10:43 AM

Jul 2009
Jasley and Iok are more or less looking like xianxia antagonists.

They underestimate the MCs, constantly try to provoke them, justify their actions with nonsense and drag their organisations to serious destruction with them.

Jasley being the 'rival antagonist' who's jealous by the MC's fame, Iok being the 'Young Master antagonist' who sees the world as his to become.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jan 29, 2017 10:46 AM

Sep 2012
I just want to see the world on fire now.

Kill them all, Mika.
Jan 29, 2017 10:48 AM

Feb 2014
amc9988 said:
Damn! I never expected that Lafter and Akihiro moment is a death flag... I realized Lafter might died after Jesley told his men to "man up Tekkadan". Fuck it! Iok and Jasley NEED TO DIE IN A VERY GRUESOME WAY
Kotori_Sonoda said:
Goddamn it, this episode. First we get some lighthearted moments, I got some laughs from Mika and Atra, then suddenly...

THATS IT NOW IT"S PERSONAL!

KILL EM ALL MIKA!
destructo22 said:
My heart is dead. Truly dead.
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

Seriously man, I can't believe Jasley disrespected Naze at what was kind of like his grave. Gotta a say, after that and the following events I seriously hate the guy as much as Iok now.

What the hell though? Why kill Lafter? What did she ever do? T.T
Plus she was just shot dead just like that, really sad way for her to go out.

Screw everything man, I just hope Jasley and Iok get tortured to death. Go Tekkadan! Beat the shit out of those guys, Can't wait to see Mika wreck them. I haven't hated characters like these two guys in a while.
I'm glad Fareed is on Tekkadan's side.

Now its all personal!!!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 29, 2017 10:55 AM

Jun 2007
Testament to Mari Okada in that, when a character dies in this series it hits hard. Many UC Gundam timeline shows have a reasonably high death toll, but character deaths felt mostly cold and detached and I didn't care about most of them. "Oh, that person died." Lafter's death was unexpected and rather harsh considering the last episode. I was rooting for her to find happiness.

This seems to be an all too fruitful turn for McGillis. I'm not sure whether his partnership with Tekkadan is one where he will eventually betray them yet, but this turn of events gives him the opportunity damage the Rustal camp's reputation because of Iok doing something stupid like using illegal weapons again.

Would like to see Mr. Mask (Gaelio) again. Between the first series and this one, we're 40 or so episodes into it out of a total 50. Time for the heavy hitters in the background to move the plot-lines forward.
Kjeldoran109Jan 29, 2017 11:03 AM
Jan 29, 2017 10:58 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Robbini said:
Jasley and Iok are more or less looking like xianxia antagonists.

They underestimate the MCs, constantly try to provoke them, justify their actions with nonsense and drag their organisations to serious destruction with them.

Jasley being the 'rival antagonist' who's jealous by the MC's fame, Iok being the 'Young Master antagonist' who sees the world as his to become.

This is a surprisingly accurate comparison.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 29, 2017 11:14 AM

Mar 2016
Episodes like these are what kills me on the inside :/
Jan 29, 2017 11:22 AM

Sep 2013
Well looks like the feels train is not going to stop,i hope Mika will kill all these mothergoatfuckers.
Deep dark fantasies
Jan 29, 2017 11:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
No!!! Not Lafter!! Goddamed. This is like whacking Emma Sheen back in the day. My tears!!

IBO is in true kill em all Tomino style. I hope Iok and that bastard Jasley are captured, shaved, boiled alive and their bones are pulverized and blown into space.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 29, 2017 11:44 AM
Sep 2014
JASLEY.. MUST.. BE.. KILLED!
Jan 29, 2017 12:01 PM

Sep 2015
I think Lafter is not dead (at least not yet), they were to much element that was pushing us to believe that she was going to die soon,

Also Some element doesn't seem right, when Echo was calling Tekkadan to deliver the bad new, she was completely neutral, and not a bit sad ( if you remember the previous episode she was crying at Amidas and Naze death), even if we suppose that she was not close to Lafter she would still been sad that a member of her family just died ( like Tekkedan every time they lose member).

Only lafter body is show, with 2 hit, one on the stomach and the other one on the chest.

McMurdo was also show to suspect Jasley from backstabbing Naze, i don't think he would have let the girls without protection. I believe that he let the stage set up to see what Jasley is up to and tekkadan reaction. (surely it will not be the first time, that someone is trying to overthrow him)
Jan 29, 2017 12:19 PM

Sep 2015
OMFG I knew it, I hoped Lafter wouldn't get killed like what happened with Chad surviving that explosion but in the end GUNDAM ROMANCE LOVE always always end in tragic. I shipped her and Akihiro so much...

#KILLJASLEYANDIOK
Jan 29, 2017 12:42 PM

Nov 2012
DAMN IT!!!!!
WHY?!?!?!?!?!
F********************CK!!!
Argh! It's been a long time since I feel this need to cry, damn!!!

Now it's up to you, guys and Mika. DESTROY THOSE BASTARDS!!!!
Jan 29, 2017 12:44 PM

Nov 2012
Edrinn said:
I think Lafter is not dead (at least not yet), they were to much element that was pushing us to believe that she was going to die soon,

Also Some element doesn't seem right, when Echo was calling Tekkadan to deliver the bad new, she was completely neutral, and not a bit sad ( if you remember the previous episode she was crying at Amidas and Naze death), even if we suppose that she was not close to Lafter she would still been sad that a member of her family just died ( like Tekkedan every time they lose member).

Only lafter body is show, with 2 hit, one on the stomach and the other one on the chest.

McMurdo was also show to suspect Jasley from backstabbing Naze, i don't think he would have let the girls without protection. I believe that he let the stage set up to see what Jasley is up to and tekkadan reaction. (surely it will not be the first time, that someone is trying to overthrow him)

I REALLY hope you are right.
:(
Damn.
Jan 29, 2017 12:53 PM
May 2014
When Lafter said she was staying instead of going with Tekkadan, I knew she was going to die.
I didn't, however, expect it to happen in the same episode.

*sigh* Inside of me a battle is raging.

On the one hand, I can appriciate it that people in thsi show can die quickly, brutally and unceremoniously.

On the other hand, I am quite mad that the author went with the cliché set up here. Kill a woman to motivate her love interest.
It would have been far more unexpected and shocking if Azee died instead. No foreshadowing, no build up, just dead.
Jan 29, 2017 12:55 PM

Sep 2011
Farabeuf said:
No!!! Not Lafter!! Goddamed. This is like whacking Emma Sheen back in the day. My tears!!

IBO is in true kill em all Tomino style. I hope Iok and that bastard Jasley are captured, shaved, boiled alive and their bones are pulverized and blown into space.
i dont think its at tomino yet but its definetly on track to be the next victory gundam if it keeps it up. Mika is the only protagonist im certain of will die. Orga i think is safe though theres a slight possibility mcgillis "ive never betrayed anyone in my life" farerd might kill him when he inevitibly throws tekkadan under the bus. Akihiro and shino i think are 50/50.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 29, 2017 12:58 PM

May 2015
I want Lok to be killed by Lupus Rex and Jasley to be killed by Akihiro and his Gundam.
The ship was literally about to set sail. And BOOM.

R.I.P Lafter.
Jan 29, 2017 1:13 PM

May 2015
Motherf*cker... This Michael Corleone wanna be Jasley p*ssy pimp needs to be castrated and even with that the crimes that he has committed would not be redeemed... I didn’t now that Lafter was going to get hit by fellow Teiwaz members, I truly believe it was a farewell to her because we were never going to see her again because she chooses Naze legacy before her feelings (Akihiro) and decided to go her new career/work but boy I was wrong. And that scene triggered me!

I surely don’t want to be in Azee position right now, she must felt guilty even though it wasn’t her fault. Poor girl...

Akihiro I feel for the dude all of his loves one are disappearing one by one it is like he is the last survivor… Hope he is the one who finish Jasley.

R.I.P. Lafter :(

redd530 said:
Jasley just topped Iok Kujan as #1 in my shit list real quick. Unbelievable.
This...

HatsumiShinogu said:
Kujou_Kurisu said:

There's no way Lafter is alive. They already pronounced her dead, so how could she come back to life? It is so obvious. Honestly, I don't think it'd make me happy if they brought her back to life, which won't happen, but just saying since that would cheapen the moment. Anyway, nope. Lafter is dead. Those who think that there's a chance she might still be alive, no. Better to accept it.
I co-sign this…

dolphinsquared said:
I'm not actually surprised. This is in line with a regular Gundam series. The writers can dare to kill whenever the story needs a resolution for something. And in this case, the black pieces are all set for the villain side.
+1

JizzyHitler said:
Kujou_Kurisu said:

she was shot in the head heart and stomach she aint coming back. The difference between this and the previous fake out was it was off screen and no one verified the body till the ep after. This time we saw the corpse and everyone confirmed she was murdered.
+1
Jan 29, 2017 1:14 PM

Apr 2014
OK....FISrT NAzE AND AMIDA and now lafter is enought ....
mikazuki go to kill that bastards now !!
Jan 29, 2017 1:15 PM
Sep 2014
this episode killed my soul

i feel nothing now
Jan 29, 2017 1:21 PM

Apr 2014
i mean damn like i was saying a ep or 2 ago i felt like her death flag was up and sure enough this ep out of the blue it happened though i knew something was gonna happen to her as soon as she was alone but god damn it this pisses me off

if only they would have done something about that guy sooner cause i knew he was gonna do something so im hoping he gets killed next ep him as his whole group

this ep was nice until she got killed now im all pissed cause of course it it'd go that way
"one step at a time"
Jan 29, 2017 1:22 PM

Jan 2011
Emotional rollercoaster much?

First the funeral for Naze and Amida, then the "date" between Akihiro and Lafter, the scene with Mikatsuiki and Atra, Lafter staring at that bear that really was Akihiro plushified (is that even a word?), and then..Lafter gets shot.

While we did not see her lie in state or anything, it's extremely unlikely that Lafter survived. This many shots, close up, and no immediate (as in, within seconds) treatment? It would also "cheapen" death if she comes back, and there would not be as much incentive for Tekkadan to go after Jasley.

I don't think thats comparable to when she survived earlier in her mobile suit. And while Echo might not been shown as sad as when Naze died, she reported Lafter as killed. Why would she lie to Tekkadan? Especially Orga and Akihiro. She even supported Lafter staying with Akihiro and Tekkedan earlier.

While Lafter dying had much more impact on me then Naze and Amida, both due to how it was presented and because of the role they all had, i feel it would be "better" if she really is dead.

Anyways, when Mikatsuki asked Orga how far he should go, i was immediately thinking "All the way" . I would have been hugely disappointed if Orga had said something different (not necessarily the same words, though he did in the sub in watched), but a different meaning. Lucky for us, Mika can go all out and crush them.

I also don't think Mika will die. Not in a battle. Or better, not immediately due to enemy action. He might need to overpower someone like before, and this might put a strain on him that finally proves too much, especially as he is already mostly disabled. But he won't die due to the someone shooting him down or so.
Jan 29, 2017 1:39 PM
Jan 2016
they killed my fucking waifu wtf

i'm really pissed rn
Jan 29, 2017 1:47 PM
Dec 2015
When I saw this episode I just remembered the words of Handsome Jack, "YOU STUPID NAMED SON OF A BASTARD! I WAS GOING TO LET YOU LIVE!" Jasley is gonna get rekt. Akihiro will probably off him like he did Galan.
I'm not just a Tsundere, I am THE Tsundere.
Jan 29, 2017 1:54 PM

Jun 2013
jesus fuck man they killed Lafter out of the blue!!!
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is IBO a modern hidden gem? (Spoilers)

Onigiri_Aoi - Oct 29, 2023

10 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 12, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

408 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 11, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.