Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 11, 2016 1:39 PM
Aug 2014
eliterodriguez said:
The Music and visuals are so good. I don't know what kind of mixture of music or art or even voice work but I started crying when Usami did and it was only the first episode.

omg right? Jesus, the feels train hit me once she started crying and I was like "I BARELY KNOW HER, WHY AM I FEELING THESE FEELINGS?"

And the art and music is so nice?? The animation is amazing too... like, wow! I thought this was gonna be just okay but D A M N .

Jul 11, 2016 9:43 PM

Sep 2015
Mizuki is so cute and adorable. And when she did that pose with smile.. Man I love her already. It's endearing to see her have a crush.
This episode was great, funny, very good art(in series and production wise) and played really hooked me in on the characters. Like when that bridge scene, i was mixed with emotions of sadness, hope and idk how to describe it!
I don't normally like characters this early on. But not only did I like everyone of them, it got me shpping and cheering Mizuki on. I felt sad for her when he was going to leave. Hoping he accepts her feelings.
But I knew this won't happen as it's just the first episode! It felt like it told a whole season's worth of development. Though in the end not much changed. Already heavily invested on the characters. Most SoL achieves this towards the middle or end...
Looking forward to next episode, I can see me loving this one.

At first the description gave me a K-on vibe, but nope, a bit more sakurasou instead. They are laid back but art was still heavily focused(unlike k-on) yet is just to progress the what seems to be an episodic plot. Hope its not purely episodic though as it wil butcher all the character development potential. Good thing is that this single episode plot felt like a seasons worth of set up. Can't stress that enough.

Also, I don't blame Uchimaki. It's 2D girls like Mizuki that makes it so hard to like 3D because they are rarely that cute... But damn him.. If a real girl was like that...
Still feel sorry for her though. Just hope he at least accepts her in some way.. Satisfy my ship! Don't leave me hanging
zcv45Jul 11, 2016 9:55 PM
Jul 12, 2016 7:04 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! I was surprised by this very impactful 1st episode of Konobi!
My message to the MC! "I'm not interested in 3D girls" :-> I'm with you!!!
This might be my BEST 1st episode this Summer season!
OMG Usami cryin' was glorious + dat OST! nice execution!
OP is from Nana Mizuki is also a big plus!
5/5!

Jul 13, 2016 2:45 PM

Nov 2015
Enjoyed it, it was funny and the art looked good!

Jul 13, 2016 5:04 PM

Jul 2015
bastek66 said:
Ari Ozawa is perfect for Mizuki (shame she isn't voicing Aoba, maybe NG would be less boring)

Hi! Would you mind doing a stitch from the ED of this anime? It starts from 0:49. I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.
Jul 13, 2016 7:17 PM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
Cute art, though i feel like it's starting a bit fast. I guess I'll just have to see where this leads.

Jul 14, 2016 5:48 AM

Jan 2011
Come on, first episode is way too soon to be doing the "I'm leaving" shtick.
Jul 14, 2016 12:06 PM
Jun 2013
This was cute! I think I'm going to enjoy this show a lot!
Jul 15, 2016 12:20 PM

May 2009
kaguraa_ said:
Hi! Would you mind doing a stitch from the ED of this anime? It starts from 0:49. I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.

Here...........
Jul 16, 2016 5:45 AM

Feb 2014
I'm totally fall in love with studio .feel art style bcoz of Oregairu 2nd season. I'll definitely watch this until Oregairu 3rd season (if any) come out
Jul 17, 2016 1:48 PM
Apr 2016
Wiizel1337 said:
eliterodriguez said:
The Music and visuals are so good. I don't know what kind of mixture of music or art or even voice work but I started crying when Usami did and it was only the first episode.

omg right? Jesus, the feels train hit me once she started crying and I was like "I BARELY KNOW HER, WHY AM I FEELING THESE FEELINGS?"

And the art and music is so nice?? The animation is amazing too... like, wow! I thought this was gonna be just okay but D A M N .

I thought I was the only one who got on the feels train... the orchestral theme in the scene is majestic! Anybody as an idea where to download it?
Jul 17, 2016 11:12 PM

Dec 2012
USAMIIIIII~!!!!! <3
Jul 18, 2016 1:29 PM

May 2015
Nothing outstanding, but I really enjoyed this first episode. It’s been a while since I watched and enjoyed a rom-com to be honest, so hopefully this will do it. So far, so good though.

Anyhow, I like Mizuki and Subaru’s odd behaviors. The scene where Mizuki talks about Collette being late for the club and whatnot, but then you can barely see her hiding in the locker was pretty awkward. I thought she was going to jump out of it, but she never did.

I gotta say that the scene on the pedestrian bridge near the end had a great atmosphere. It was definitely my favorite scene of the whole episode, even if it felt it happened way sooner than expected (you usually see this kinda stuff around midseason)

Great ED.

P.S. Sad it is only 12 episodes long though, but it was to be expected.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jul 18, 2016 2:42 PM
May 2015
I can't believe how good the OST is.
Normally I don't notice the Soundtrack very much but this first episode had some awesome pieces of music in it.

Also: They totally caught the charme of the manga. Nice.
Jul 19, 2016 10:48 AM

Feb 2014
just watched ep 01.. if you also watched Re:Zero you might notice some connection between two Subarus, as if they live in parallel dimensions (though maybe it's just coincidence) such as:

1. How he commented about apples' (in)significance. Note that Re:Zero's Subaru "save point" seems to prefer in front of the apple shop

2. His "ultimate 2D waifu" also happens to be maid - remember his reaction when he first met Rem & Ram?

3. In the end, he develops an infatuation for crying girls. Anyone who've watched Re:Zero up to ep 15 could draw the (emo)-connection easily
ProtozJul 20, 2016 11:45 AM
Jul 20, 2016 10:04 PM

May 2010
Yay another manga with cute normal girl, those are the best <3
She's too cute, loved when she smiled on the chair

He drew her anyway, I'm liking the romance

I can see where this is going. In the end, he's going to end up loving everything about her, first is her crying face. I hope it goes that route. Either way, I'm loving it.
The ED song is catchy
Jul 22, 2016 3:14 AM

Jun 2007
I try to watch everything art-related so i hope that anime will be more art-oriented and less romance-oriented in following episodes. would be real nice
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jul 22, 2016 7:12 AM

Aug 2015
Usami so far is kinda adorable and that pantsu though hehehehe too bad her club is filled with shitty ass members: one who's a slacker,one who skips club activities, and one who is rude to real girls. Other than that I enjoyed this episode the art and animation is just as expected from feel decent at its finest, OP and ED seem fine, and the drama seems ehhh but it's still the 1st episode anyway so there's room for improvement just hoped that this show should stick with the comedy because that's just one of the main reasons I'm continuing this so far. Also that stalker who hides in that closet, seriously though what's the deal with her anyway XD, just weird moment.
Jul 22, 2016 4:11 PM

Oct 2012
It was alright. I've only just been introduced to these characters so I found it a little hard to care about Usami's plight to attract waifu-man's love or attempt to keep him in the club, but the characters themselves seem fun. Plus the drama was laid on far too thick to be enjoyable. Still though the production values are pleasant and I can certainly see a bit of charm here.
Jul 22, 2016 7:31 PM
Mar 2011
I didn't even finish it yet.

Just had to post this...
WHAT IS THAT IN THE CLOSET?

Jul 23, 2016 12:35 PM

Aug 2013
This anime has to be a joke right?
Jul 23, 2016 11:04 PM

May 2013
I'm so speechless with Subaru's voice <3
I can't stop staring at him >///w///<

no matter how many times I see this scene, I'll never get bored <3

aw he makes her cry xD
skyskyferJul 24, 2016 12:12 AM
made by bunnyama
Jul 24, 2016 9:58 AM

Sep 2015
A bit early to call, but while I'd never call a series this trashy my AOTS I think it may be the most successful anime I've seen this summer. What I mean by that is it's actually very good at what it sets out to do. It has an alright aesthetic (I'll be it one that kind of bites the KyoAni style), it has good banter and an occasionally witty sense of humor, it has a cringe worthy amount of fan service (what it's best at) and it even is pretty good at having humorous little drawings that sort of validate it's Art Club gimmick. I was chuckling at the anthropomorphized apple in this episode.

It has a pretty fun cast of characters so far too. I really like the slacker club president, as I am a fan of any slacker character in high school animes. Subaru the series protagonist has an amusing personality, even if I think his design doesn't exactly fit it. And holy crap I can see her tsun cranked up to 11 act getting old pretty quick but I really like Usami. She's my favorite part here in the first episode, she's really cute and I love when she berates and attacks Subaru for his otakudom. I wouldn't say I was upset by it or anything, but I was a little we'll say perplexed by how over the top the fan service was with her panties in that one scene though.

I can see myself getting tired of this series real quick. It's a good thing it's only 12 episodes. But as sad as this is, I think this is easily the best anime from studio Feel I've seen other than Oregairu Season 2. It's very watchable and performs as advertised which is more than you can say for some.
Jul 24, 2016 11:02 AM
Feb 2009
this ep immediately reminds me of Gekkan Shoujo... the trolling, that is...
oblivious is a bliss
Jul 26, 2016 6:01 PM

Jul 2009
Poor Usami, she have a long battle ahead...
Jul 26, 2016 6:13 PM

Oct 2012
Ah, Feel doing feels... I never expected for this comedy anime to turn into such whirl of emotions leading to almost confession in just first episode.. great start!

And when I realized Collet is the locker all the time, I just lost it.

Aug 1, 2016 1:43 PM
Aug 2012
This is just too cute.
And Subaru look like young Gilgamesh from Fate/Kaleid
Aug 1, 2016 10:27 PM

Oct 2012
The apple guy isn't even colored, my LINE sticker is better than that xD
Collette in the locker xD

Ozawa Ari ehhh... I always heard Sakura Chiyo's voice instead of Usamin
Well I'm really looking forward Tachibana-sensei now xD
"Signature removed"
Aug 6, 2016 7:31 PM

Nov 2011
I think I like the director of this. Just because of the sad part which is actually sad even if the outcome is obvious. Examples of how a generic scene can become great with good directing. Sad music is spot on too. Without that scene I won't add this on my watchlist.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Aug 7, 2016 6:48 PM

Jun 2015
Well, surprisingly I like this anime. I didn't expect to at first and thought it'd be a let down but the art and SoL combo works for me, the only down is that the girl MC is a bit of a tsundere.
Aug 8, 2016 4:58 AM

Apr 2014
The only good thing about this was the OST.
Aug 19, 2016 12:57 PM

Apr 2015
Gotta love the laid back comedy with a little bit of possible romance.

Mizuki is adorable and hot lol. Good job shachou for taking that PANTSU shot. He knows what's up loll.

Great first episode.
Aug 21, 2016 10:56 AM

Feb 2014
Why haven't I watched this show until now? This was surprisingly quite good.
I thought I heard that flustered voice and those comebacks of Usami somewhere. Turns out, she's voiced by the voice actress of Chiyo from Gekkan Shoujo. Hell, Usami with her unrequited love for a weirdo, is pretty much like a middle school version of Chiyo.
Sep 5, 2016 3:05 AM

Nov 2011
He had convinced me a lot this anime series in the various PV, but his strengths were, however, confirmed: graphics and animations. Even the protagonist Usami, has succeeded in its protagonist dirty work in entertaining the viewer, now you just see the next episodes to overreach a bit more, given that the start was very buttoned. Not bad gags, the presentation of the character of Colette quite unusual. As I said before, I do not imbalance that much, even though I found it much more convincing other summer anime series such as New Game and Amanchu.
I forgot, were cute the opening and ending.

This scene was "really" fun. XD
Sep 10, 2016 3:55 PM

Dec 2012
So...did that other girl just stay in the locker for the entire episode?

Off to a good start. That was pretty funny and Mizuki is adorable. Glad I decided not to pass up this one.
Sep 12, 2016 2:51 PM
Sep 2015
I decided to give this show a go purely because I wanted to experience the nostalgia of creating art within a school environment. Also painting is my forte and I've previously studied 6 years of art.

I'm guessing this series is about: Traditional art vs. contemporary art

I was happy to see the Paul Cesanne reference in this anime, as he was once my inspiration for my still life paintings. I'm hoping to see more fantastic painter references in the following episodes.

Lol call me old fashioned, but what kind of person paints anime characters on stretched canvases? O.o
Sep 27, 2016 1:59 AM

Jun 2011
Amazing amazing amazing episode, amazing in the sense that this show has a classy feel to it, a clear cut art style and animation that shows the work the animators put in, along with amazing soundtracks, all those made the episode really enjoyable and nostalgic. It truly feels like anime once more, anime that I loved so much when I first started getting into this media.

The comedic timing could've been a lot better though. Voice acting could've used some improvement but nothing is too much of a deterrent right now. I can't wait to see the blonde shorty, I like her design the most out of all of them.

P.S. looking at some of the art, it truly makes you want to pursue art, doesn't it?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 30, 2016 1:01 PM

Jul 2010
I'm thinking about watching this, but I want to confirm: this show DOESN'T have panty shots or boob grabbing, does it?
Oct 3, 2016 11:05 AM

Jun 2011
Firechick12012 said:
I'm thinking about watching this, but I want to confirm: this show DOESN'T have panty shots or boob grabbing, does it?
If you haven't gotten your answer, no, iirc it doesn't show any panty shot or boob grab.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 3, 2016 11:18 AM

Jul 2010
ToG25thBaam said:
Firechick12012 said:
If you haven't gotten your answer, no, iirc it doesn't show any panty shot or boob grab.

Thank God! Now I can put it on my to-watch list!
Oct 10, 2016 5:05 PM

May 2012
Pretty fun start of this series, the concept seems quite hilarious! Looking forward to see what this anime has to offer of a story! Quite a nice ED as well!

>That moment when you see someone hiding in that locker @ 7:40 'O_O
Nov 16, 2016 10:30 PM

Apr 2012
is she always in that locker
Dec 19, 2016 6:14 AM

Mar 2015
Great start, good humour, and excellent music so far! Especially that ED wow
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 20, 2016 9:07 AM

May 2015
wow usami is super cute. im rooting for her~
the art looks pretty good.

hopefully uchimaki doesn't stay dense throughout this or else it'd be frustrating
Feb 3, 2017 9:59 AM

Sep 2011
Damn Usami is so cute. I don't like girls with short hair in general but she's one of the few that I get in love.

I hope she'll end up with him at the end of episode.

Apr 30, 2017 5:26 PM

May 2015
First episode and I’m loving the subtle romance in this anime plus I'm enjoying the shenanigans of the characters introduced in this episode.
May 31, 2017 7:59 AM

Feb 2015
I actually do like the chemistry of the 2 main characters. So it was a good first episode, a couple of funny moments. I hope the "embarrassed love, dense main character" thing doesn't get to annoying here though.

I saw that girl in the locker, which was funny XD she's that small blond girl from the OP and ED, wonder then she'll make a real appearance...
Feb 18, 2018 8:17 PM

Sep 2017
Epic drawing. I think she could go for horror paintings.

Also, I liked the waifu drawing of that cute girl.

Seriously, I might just as well marry her.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jun 5, 2019 5:18 PM
Jan 2017
cute romance story hat doesnt seem as forced as so many other animes with romance elements.
I still feel the guys gonna pick a 2-d waifu in the end. but either way I'm looking forward to more
Jul 23, 2019 12:01 AM

May 2016
Definitely a great start loved the fact that they don't drag things out like other biased shows.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2016

86 by cachaito »»
May 10, 8:26 AM

» Anime Recommendation

lightning_angad7 - May 8

11 by BlackSpectrum »»
May 8, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

158 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

71 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2016

86 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 10:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.