Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2016 2:43 AM

Nov 2009
Fai said:
I mean its not like political intrigue and conflict between survivors is that rare in zombie genre. Neither is scifi experiments on zombies.

True. But if creative team is going to recycle same plot points they should drastically change execution. Otherwise, everyone and their mother will draw parallels with AoT.

Apr 8, 2016 2:49 AM

Mar 2014
Well that was intense. Wonder if they can keep up these impressive visuals.
Apr 8, 2016 3:10 AM

Sep 2015
And now we have the engine of our hype train this season. The third series using the same formula from the studio of Shingeki no Kyojin and Owari no Seraph. So far it looks more promising than both of those.
Apr 8, 2016 3:12 AM

Aug 2010
Good shit. Ikoma's a great MC and Mumei's an awesome heroine.

The shit Ikoma did to get rid of the virus was insane DAMN!

Art is cool and the brutality is nice. Let's see how WIT does this
Apr 8, 2016 3:15 AM

Dec 2014
So the Kabene are basically zombies right
Apr 8, 2016 3:17 AM

Jun 2015
DrBlock42 said:
Am I the only one who did not understand the end? How does strangling yourself help to kill a VIRUS?

animu logic

But in reality, if the virus traveled via blood vessels (which is plausible seeing how his arm turned purple and at such a quick pace,) then he would have to block them off before it reached his brain. It's a technique that a lot of doctors use for various reasons, except they don't do it with strangling machines. Also, he probably used the hot piece of coal (or metal?) to seal the wound off.
Apr 8, 2016 3:19 AM

Jan 2015
Heldengeist said:
And now we have the engine of our hype train this season. The third series using the same formula from the studio of Shingeki no Kyojin and Owari no Seraph. So far it looks more promising than both of those.

And all are animated by the same studio (Well, their only works, since WIT studio is a new studio)
Apr 8, 2016 3:31 AM

Oct 2013
Fai said:
MajorZero said:

It's a bit early to judge how intentional or not this capitalization is. If they gonna throw political intrigues, bioweapons and other stuff in later episodes it'll be more indicative.

But then again, how much of that is "its because of AOT" and how much of that is because its zombie genre tropes?

I mean its not like political intrigue and conflict between survivors is that rare in zombie genre. Neither is scifi experiments on zombies.

I agree with you that snk didn't create anything new per say, just like 99% of anime out there. But you can't deny that this was inspired by snk. I doubt they would even make a series like this if snk wasn't popular. Snk is what repopularized this gebre in anime.

I dont get the "these guys always do the samething part" as in having stunning art and animation? Because there's few similarities between this and snk, and I'm pretty sure they purposely did it that way.

Anyways, this series does has some similarities wih snk since it was inspired from it, but I think it was different enough to be it's own thing than a snk rip off. I will put this in the grey area.
keragammingApr 8, 2016 3:56 AM
Apr 8, 2016 3:37 AM

May 2012
shanimebib said:
Xenocrisi said:
I don't see anything wrong with the pictures above.

No salts here. Just stating the pudding. In open broad daylight, they make a train stop to make sure it's safe and even inspect the people on board stark naked for injuries and in the darkness of night, they lower the bridge to let it in without a second thought when the train was not even on sight. You may justify with the dumb nobody who lowered the bridge though but yeah, there was his superior giving instructions as well.

You're wrong. They didn't make the train stop in the middle of the bridge to inspect them, they let them enter then they did the inspection. The second train would get that same inspection if things didn't turn to the worst.

The first train was not expected to come at that hour so the train had to wait for them to let them pass. The second train was on time that's why things were faster.

This episode was awesome. Such a good character design and animation. I'm ready for more.
KaeUBWApr 8, 2016 3:41 AM
I despise woke people.
Apr 8, 2016 3:39 AM

Aug 2013
As I expected - If it comes to art - it looks really nice.
But story.. well, I assume it's not my thing. I will watch next episodes, but I don't know whether I could stand it. SNK vibes, which is not an advantage for me... rather disadvantage.
And soundtrack? Well, it's shitty for me. It sounds like something from 'murican blockbuster, boring as hell.
3/5 ONLY BECAUSE OF ART.
It will be probably most hyped anime of this season. And again, I won't be hyping this like SNK, TG, NGNL and other similar typical hyped productions.
rsc-plApr 8, 2016 3:51 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 8, 2016 3:54 AM
Dec 2015
The first episode was amazing, unpredictable and dramatic. everything that is expected of an episode, but. . . in 15:20min. and 20:48min. of the episode the scene is almost the same like in Attack on titan and the music. for me, that's the only but a big, big minus.
Apr 8, 2016 3:55 AM
Aug 2012
I fucking love this first episode man, even if this manages to somehow reminded me of AOT, with its monster that are not exactly the same. But abit more realistic and explainable than those gigantic creatures that came out of nowhere. The wall invasion has that same vibes there as well lmao. Nevertheless it was a really amazing episode. The thing that i definitely like about the art in this anime, is the fact that it has a very similar art style to the 90's anime. But with a much higher quality to its artstyle, visuals, animation (frame to frame) and body language or its light reflection on the character's surface of their skin or eye.

And the general idea of treating a specific people in discretion to social caste or class is normal and the fact that we humans can ignore our own regulation and killing someone, who they assume to be a kabaneri or the zombie thing. And its main philosophy of this episode was great too, it resonate alot with out fundamental reality that our human nature is based off. And that's, losing our own humanity and morality to fear, that instigates those inhumane acts on other people that are assumed that they were a monster or infected. In which case, regulations are excluded or ignored. And the thing here that's depicted out of this episode was the treatment that a higher class individuals have been given due to its authority and the way they're corruptedly using it to maintains their own well being over their very own citizens that makes them, who they are in the society and at that social status of a much higher hierarchy. Like how the lowly steamed engineer boy being put into jail for his deviant behavior, which ignores the fact that they also holds a certain credibility as a human as well.

It was an amazing episode, i fucking love it, with its old style but refined visuals, amazing background setting and contraption, the thrilling and epic vocals/OST, the concept of the story (even if it did reminded me of AOT eventhough it has nothing similar to it at all, the monster are a little more realistic too) , and its subtly portrayal of human's nature and the corruption of it as well.
Apr 8, 2016 3:56 AM

May 2013
jojo_kyle said:
Xenocrisi said:

I don't see anything wrong with the two pictures above.

I'm sorry bro but you're either stupid, illterate or just watched this episode without subs.

The first image you saw is NOT how they normally handle the trains. In the image above this trains is off schedule because of the kabane, normally if they had come on time the team would have let down the bridge so they can pass in.

In the second train entrance scene, the workers specifically say "It's here! It's the housoyga"(name of the train)
"It's here on time"

The bridge drops so that the train can come in slowly without coming to a full stop, this is how they normally have been doing it for 20 years.

There is no writing flaw here, just you playing dumb and not paying attention when you should have been.

your thought aside, i still feel it is somehow unreasonable to just drop the bridge
i mean this disease is very dangerous right? and they should know that the kabane can hang on to the train, i mean the way the kabane enter the city is too easy it felt stupid
if this was real and if they want to make this anime more realistic everytimes any train comes they should have a procedure that make it stop before lowering down the bridge and check if there is any KABANE hanging on to the train or somehow send a light/sound signal to the train and if the driver replied that 'yeah ok we're fine here' and then you can lower down the bridge....... right?
Apr 8, 2016 3:59 AM

Oct 2009
It has that Attack on Titan + D.Gray Man feels
ughhh I .... I LURVES IT :V

Oct 2015
xSkipi said:
Aaaw man this is going to be epic !
I really really really looking forward watching it next week
(omg EGOIST (*´▽`*))

Gave me serious Attack on Titan vibes. Looks like this is gonna be a great anime.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Dec 2015
The first episode was amazing, unpredictable and dramatic. everything that is expected of an episode. but. . . in 15:20min. and 20:48min. of the episode the scene is almost the same like in Attack on titan and the music. for me, that's the only but a big, big alike
Apr 8, 2016 4:05 AM

Apr 2013
na35899 said:
jojo_kyle said:

I'm sorry bro but you're either stupid, illterate or just watched this episode without subs.

The first image you saw is NOT how they normally handle the trains. In the image above this trains is off schedule because of the kabane, normally if they had come on time the team would have let down the bridge so they can pass in.

In the second train entrance scene, the workers specifically say "It's here! It's the housoyga"(name of the train)
"It's here on time"

The bridge drops so that the train can come in slowly without coming to a full stop, this is how they normally have been doing it for 20 years.

There is no writing flaw here, just you playing dumb and not paying attention when you should have been.

your thought aside, i still feel it is somehow unreasonable to just drop the bridge
i mean this disease is very dangerous right? and they should know that the kabane can hang on to the train, i mean the way the kabane enter the city is too easy it felt stupid
if this was real and if they want to make this anime more realistic everytimes any train comes they should have a procedure that make it stop before lowering down the bridge and check if there is any KABANE hanging on to the train or somehow send a light/sound signal to the train and if the driver replied that 'yeah ok we're fine here' and then you can lower down the bridge....... right?

It probably isn't easy and feasible to just stop trains everywhere or anywhere at will. Takes a lot of infrastructure in the first place and just starting and stopping the trains back in the earlier eras is probably pretty difficult and takes a lot of initial procedures etc I guess? But regarding the design of the city, they should check trains further from the actual residential houses lol, or have a large open field, or something lel.
Apr 8, 2016 4:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I like trains

Not sure if I really like the looks of this anime though
Apr 8, 2016 4:11 AM

May 2012
I'm torn. I like it but somehow don't like it too because its like a copy paste of SnK with some little variation. Anyway, nice 1st episode.
Apr 8, 2016 4:17 AM

May 2013
LeFlower-kun said:
na35899 said:

It probably isn't easy and feasible to just stop trains everywhere or anywhere at will. Takes a lot of infrastructure in the first place and just starting and stopping the trains back in the earlier eras is probably pretty difficult and takes a lot of initial procedures etc I guess? But regarding the design of the city, they should check trains further from the actual residential houses lol, or have a large open field, or something lel.

i think there need to be a procedure/rule/common sense that all train driver should know that they need to stop or slow down the train to stop when they are about to reach a city
because they need time to open the gate or in this case drop down the bridge
it's not smart when the train is at full speed and then you drop down the bridge right?
and the only gate way in and out of a city that survive a pandemic for 20 years is somehow operate by a stupid lever and a stupid peasant.... - -
Apr 8, 2016 4:21 AM

Oct 2011
Wow wow Calm down. The pace is too fast, it made the first impression kinda messed up. So much happening in 22 minutes with no build up which turn into unexplained plots and they just cover it with Sawano's music and gorgeous artwork.
But i am not saying it's a bad anime though...
Apr 8, 2016 4:26 AM

Dec 2012
That was an amazing episode. Impressive visuals, likeable protagonist and interesting lore and setting.

Those are probably the coolest looking zombies I've ever seen. And they seem to have more functionality than typical zombies, as they operated the train, and I think that Kanbari came through the roof because he knew it was bait. They seem to posses some remaining intelligence.

Very minor but the only thing I don't like is the design for the feamle characters (like they were drawn by the artist of I''s and Ichigo 100%, and that princess character looks like she is going to be awful.)

Definitely thought it was better than Attack on Titan first episode.

Hope it stays consistent in all departments. Wish I could marathon all of it now 5/5

Heh. Kaiji Yuki is voicing the fat supporting character. Hope that is another sign that he won't be getting any lead roles anymore
Apr 8, 2016 4:29 AM
Oct 2011
shanimebib said:
Xenocrisi said:
I don't see anything wrong with the pictures above.

No salts here. Just stating the pudding. In open broad daylight, they make a train stop to make sure it's safe and even inspect the people on board stark naked for injuries and in the darkness of night, they lower the bridge to let it in without a second thought when the train was not even on sight. You may justify with the dumb nobody who lowered the bridge though but yeah, there was his superior giving instructions as well.

Coast was clear and they were scheduled to arrive at that time while the other one cane a day early.. There is a quarantine quarter that is safe so they won't have to send people outside to do the inspection. If you watch again you'll notice that whole area had high walls. They also didn't make the train stop in daylight, it just drove into the inspection area. I think the train smashing and blowing up the gate section ruined that idea.

Oh did you know that the only American M1 Abram that was destroyed by another tank was by friendly fire from another M1? This shit is even dumber, but shit happens.
Pen3Apr 8, 2016 4:56 AM
Apr 8, 2016 4:44 AM

Mar 2016
Felt a bit rushed, but I guess it was okay. I like Ikoma so far, he seems like he might actually be kinda smart. I just hope he doesn't take a sudden turn & winds up being Eren 2.0. I also hope Mumei doesn't wind up being as bland & practically flawless at everything she does, without a legitimate reason as to why she is, like Mikasa was.

Also, I agree with those criticizing the procedure surrounding the trains. You'd think it would be smarter to have a separate section outside the walls where they can check the trains to make sure kadanes are not inside or hanging off the sides. But nope!
Apr 8, 2016 4:48 AM

Oct 2015
I saw this anime some time last year And I have been waiting for it ever since. It was well worth the wait!
This is my favourite so far this season!
I normally don't like zombies and anime with tons of blood. But I think can easily look past it in this and looks at the other great aspects of the show.
This seems a lot like attack on titan of course. But it is different! They aren't being wreckt and training to kill over 10 episodes just to be killed by them. They are killing them episode one! I don't like attack on titan as much as I like this already.

I wanna know what that he was tied to his hand is. A memo of his mother who has obviously killed by the kobane?
The train was obviously going to have kobane on it. I predicted that the second they showed the train in the tunnel. Bit too obvious and stupid of the characters. Lets hope they move away from that please...
Apr 8, 2016 4:54 AM

Dec 2011
This looks amazing so far, seem a bit rushed. But pretty amazing. Having seen a zombie based anime in a while. The OST was pretty cool, giving it an Attack on Titan feeling to it. This is an anime to look out for this Spring. Can't wait for more.
"Can't wait for the Unexpected"
Apr 8, 2016 5:00 AM
Jan 2016
Pen3 said:
shanimebib said:

Coast was clear and they were scheduled to arrive at that time. There is a quarantine quarter that is safe so they won't have to send people outside to do the inspection. If you watch again you'll notice that whole area had high walls. They also didn't make the train stop in daylight, it just drove into the inspection area. I think the train smashing and blowing up the gate section ruined that idea.

Oh did you know that the only American M1 Abram that was destroyed by another tank was by friendly fire from another M1? This shit is even dumber, but shit happens.

Something I'd like to add that everyone seemed to miss are the horns. I'm honestly shocked nobody realized this because the scene practically spells out how things went wrong.

The station only knew the Husoujyo was arriving because they heard its horn first, which the scene proceeded to show was the result of a kabane munching on the conductor's body; every time it leaned in to take a bite, it forced the conductor's arm (which was tangled in the pull chain) to go down and sound the horn. To the guards it looked like the Husoujyo was not only arriving on time normally, it was announcing its arrival normally too. They had no reason to suspect anything was wrong until it was too late.
Apr 8, 2016 5:05 AM
Oct 2011
Thank you for mentioning the horns and they had a walled quarantined chamber after the first gate to do inspection. Beats sending people outside without protection.
Apr 8, 2016 5:07 AM

Mar 2011
okay i see people complaining about how in the beginning of the episode we learn that you need to blow up your heart if you don't want to turn into a kabane but then ikoma suppresses the virus by not letting it get to his brain, and that people haven't figured out any proper ways to deal with the kabane in 20 years. so this is how it made sense to me.

i don't think the way ikoma did his thing could really work, because if you look at the scene it looked more like it was more like ikoma's "willpower" (yeah lol) that stopped the virus (or maybe he was just so confident it would work) because we clearly saw the infection get past the collar. but that is not necessary, this is fiction after all. maybe we don't yet now everything about the virus and how it works. anyway, let's just say ikoma's hanging device does work. it's made really, really clear how much people fear the kabane. they've infiltrated into many fortresses and hell, they eat people and are very hard to kill, thus, they're scary as fuck. ikoma is smart and doesn't fear the kabane like most people, he's actually studied kabane and the virus, so it fully makes sense he has invented new ways to fight the infection when most people fear kabane so much they only try to get rid of them as fast as possible.

also, the way they deal with the trains does make sense. of course, stopping the train outside of the fortresses makes them very easy for the kabane to jump onto, so they do not stop the train unless it's inside a fortress. and they have bushi, who fight the kabane if they do get on the train, so that >should< be pretty foolproof way to deal with them, or at least so they think.

anyway, i'm really loving the setting and the animation is so cool, i'm really looking forward to see how this series will turn out.
Apr 8, 2016 5:10 AM
Jul 2018
This anime really had an extremely good episode 1 filled with action and fighting already, I hope they keep this up this anime is already awesome with just one episode.

The other anime this season mostly had slow starts so it's nice to see fast paced episode 1 for once.
Apr 8, 2016 5:23 AM
Jan 2016
allewn said:
okay i see people complaining about how in the beginning of the episode we learn that you need to blow up your heart if you don't want to turn into a kabane but then ikoma suppresses the virus by not letting it get to his brain, and that people haven't figured out any proper ways to deal with the kabane in 20 years. so this is how it made sense to me.

i don't think the way ikoma did his thing could really work, because if you look at the scene it looked more like it was more like ikoma's "willpower" (yeah lol) that stopped the virus (or maybe he was just so confident it would work) because we clearly saw the infection get past the collar. but that is not necessary, this is fiction after all. maybe we don't yet now everything about the virus and how it works. anyway, let's just say ikoma's hanging device does work. it's made really, really clear how much people fear the kabane. they've infiltrated into many fortresses and hell, they eat people and are very hard to kill, thus, they're scary as fuck. ikoma is smart and doesn't fear the kabane like most people, he's actually studied kabane and the virus, so it fully makes sense he has invented new ways to fight the infection when most people fear kabane so much they only try to get rid of them as fast as possible.

also, the way they deal with the trains does make sense. of course, stopping the train outside of the fortresses makes them very easy for the kabane to jump onto, so they do not stop the train unless it's inside a fortress. and they have bushi, who fight the kabane if they do get on the train, so that >should< be pretty foolproof way to deal with them, or at least so they think.

anyway, i'm really loving the setting and the animation is so cool, i'm really looking forward to see how this series will turn out.

My theory is that he didn't stop the virus, he simply prevented it from damaging his brain during the initial onset. We see the purple skin and glowing veins fade and assume he's cured, but if you look at the frame around 20:48, right as he releases himself from his contraction, he has a glowing heart.

He's a kabane now, but an intelligent one that hasn't lost his sense of self.
Apr 8, 2016 5:25 AM

Apr 2015
I thought I saw a Miyazaki inspired series.

Looks like Princess Mononoke with zombies instead of demons.
#CHEXIT
Apr 8, 2016 5:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Every cliché in the book was present here, but still enjoyable in the sit down, turn of your brain and eat popcorn kinda way.

Haruhiko MIkimoto's character designs are absolutely gorgeous.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 8, 2016 5:31 AM

Feb 2008
What an enthralling premiere.

The Shingeki vibe was indeed strong, however, I did not mind at all. At least the cast seems more promising in this case (I am looking at you, Eren), the main character is a true badass. I do approve the sublime steampunk atmosphere as well.

It ought to be an entertaining ride.
Apr 8, 2016 5:32 AM

Jan 2011
How in the fuck did they even last this long? They're that paranoid about the zombies but they immediately lower the bridge for the train.
Apr 8, 2016 5:34 AM

Jan 2015
I don't like it very much, this is totally Shingeki no Kyojin, the ED song confirmed it's SnK.
I didn't really enjoy the episode as well, too fast paced
Production was a mess.
2/5
Apr 8, 2016 5:37 AM

Jan 2015
Attack on Titan meets steam-punk & zombies, good first episode.
Apr 8, 2016 5:38 AM

Jul 2014
SHiNRei_YaGaMi said:
I'm not even a big fan but had to say SnK clone is SnK clone

I didn't get an SNK feel at all. SNK made you feel humanity was fucked, at least at first, even with their magical spider man packs. This just makes me think humanity is fucking stupid for not being able to deal with something that isn't a credible threat.

Partly this was because they had to make the two main characters seem like uber badasses for all the little boys watching. All these chunibyous can't identify with anyone less powerful than themselves or have a waifu who isn't better than all other waifus.
Apr 8, 2016 5:39 AM
Jan 2016
ReaperCreeper said:
How in the fuck did they even last this long? They're that paranoid about the zombies but they immediately lower the bridge for the train.

First train had to wait for the bridge to come down because it was a day early, nobody expected it so nobody was manning the controls.

Second train was on time and appeared to be tooting its horn to announce it was arriving and that everything was okay, but it turned out that was just the dead conductor's body accidentally pulled the chain every time a kabane leaned over to take a bite out of him.
Apr 8, 2016 5:40 AM
Aug 2014
shanimebib said:

If you can rationalize the two pictures above you will realize plot wise how bad the first episode was. I will not say more.

Everything reeked Shingeki no Kyojin. But I gotta give credits where it's due. I think the MCs are likable so far so it's still watchable. After the first impression, I am not gonna give this more than a 6.5/10 if it doesn't improve.

I can rationalize it: The Koutetsujou arrived early, hence the gatemen weren't stationed. That's why it took a while to open the gate. They would usually let the train in and then do the inspection. The second time, the train arrived on time so the gate was already open as scheduled but the guardsman panicked because the train was out of control.

If you can't deduce that and just spit assumptions then this show probably isn't for you. Stick to simple anime.
Apr 8, 2016 5:41 AM

May 2011
Xenocrisi said:
Cirris said:
I want to like the show. But I'm so over the "zombie apocalypse" wave.

In just 2 anime there is a zombie apocalypse, and this is the 3rd one. I don't get why you are saying you are done with it.

I'm referring to all media entertainment. Not just Anime.

And I was never a big fan of the monster trope anyways. I tend to prefer intelligent antagonists monsters. Not mindless ones.
Apr 8, 2016 5:42 AM

Apr 2015
With this it seems like this season has basically everything covered.

This has an extremely big enjoyment factor going for it and I think a lot of people will get their good share of action.

I just hope that we find a pretty good balance this season so that shows that have a completely different direction and appeal to them like Bungou Stray Dogs, Re:Zero and BNHA will be able to coexist and not overshadow each other.
Apr 8, 2016 5:43 AM
Feb 2014
As much as it was entertaining to watch, that's a huge ass plot hole. The train should've had went to a halt then lower the bridge. You'd think there would be some SOP in place but no, they'd have an inept pleb and his supervisor operating what would be the lifeline of a whole city. With all the paranaoia floating around you would think they'd have one in to mitigate rogue trains. Bruh
Apr 8, 2016 5:47 AM

Jul 2007
keragamming said:

I agree with you that snk didn't create anything new per say, just like 99% of anime out there. But you can't deny that this was inspired by snk. I doubt they would even make a series like this if snk wasn't popular. Snk is what repopularized this gebre in anime.

Except that zombie craze has been going on for a while and there has been shitloads of zombie movies in past few years.

I dont get the "these guys always do the samething part" as in having stunning art and animation? Because there's few similarities between this and snk, and I'm pretty sure they purposely did it that way.

Director does not animate he directs. I don't think I need to explain that. And its very easy to notice who directs what

Just like you can recognize a Kubrick or Lynch movie, you can recognize an anime director(even if thats way lower talent level). Even via animators, its easy to feel Yutaka Nakamura working on a scene because of various elements like his love for yutapon cubes. .

Araki likes certain shots and certain tone of the work that he uses in absolutely everything he directs. They are in Death Note, they are in this, they are in kurozuka, they are in guilty crown, etc etc..

Likewise with composers, while some try to innovate, most of composers or overall musicians stay in their safezones - Metallica sounds like Metallica and that sort of thing.

Sawano has certain ropes he employs in everything he does - the same style orchestral cues, the same style broken german and english vocals etc. Just like with Kajiura Yuki, most of Sawano's songs sound the same be it a trainwrecky mecha tv show, Gundam or a freaking video game
Apr 8, 2016 5:47 AM
Jan 2016
sephatu said:
As much as it was entertaining to watch, that's a huge ass plot hole. The train should've had went to a halt then lower the bridge. You'd think there would be some SOP in place but no, they'd have an inept pleb and his supervisor operating what would be the lifeline of a whole city. With all the paranaoia floating around you would think they'd have one in to mitigate rogue trains. Bruh

I'm just going to be lazy an link my response to the last time that was pointed out all those minutes ago, lol:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1498843&show=350#msg45519312
Apr 8, 2016 5:48 AM

Dec 2012
ReaperCreeper said:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1498843&show=300#msg45518709

And it's implied that it's not uncommon for stations to get overrun by those things.
Apr 8, 2016 5:50 AM
Aug 2014
something wrong with Japan, it's spring not summer season and we shouldn't be getting swarms of great anime.
Apr 8, 2016 5:50 AM

Mar 2011
MysteriousBanana said:
allewn said:

My theory is that he didn't stop the virus, he simply prevented it from damaging his brain during the initial onset. We see the purple skin and glowing veins fade and assume he's cured, but if you look at the frame around 20:48, right as he releases himself from his contraction, he has a glowing heart.

He's a kabane now, but an intelligent one that hasn't lost his sense of self.

oh, you're right! i totally didn't get that lol, and they actually say in the preview of the next episode that "his head is fine but his body is now that of a kabane" or smth like that.
Apr 8, 2016 5:54 AM

Jul 2007
allewn said:

Again. Most of that is wrong assumptions.

- They shoot the heart because that's how you kill the kabane. ITs a precaution in case you already turned too much for normal methods to work. The Brain is what controls your body. As long as it does not reach the brain you would not become a monster. So the virus was not "eradicated". It simply went into gestation period.
- They have ways of defeating them, but it is not efficient. They can fight them off, they can blow them up. But they are fucked if those thing get up-close. And its freaking medieval japan so obviously they think those are some supernatural curse.
Apr 8, 2016 5:54 AM

Jan 2016
Holy crap this could turn out to be incredible if played out right, agh I cant help but feel anxious, hope the story doesnt fail, but a crazy first episode
Pages (19) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

619 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 16, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

408 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 16, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

394 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 16, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

525 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 15, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2016

395 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 15, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.