Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 6, 2015 1:31 AM
Jan 2015
I had this crazy idea when I watched this episode. If it turns out to be correct it might be a spoil so... watch out.

WHAT IF she was pregnant, she proposed to her uncle to go live on an island, he refused, then told her parents he wants to marry her, her dad goes I WONT LET YOU DO THAT, she kills them and then the uncle took her on that island she was until she died recently somehow.
And her killer was her own child that was born in ultimate secrecy and for even more madness her child's name is the same as the "doll's". "THE PERFECT INSIDER" (INSID"HER" GET IT? XD)
The theory was inspired by the absurd thing that was said "what if there was someone with her before the cameras were installed" "for 15 years?"

I hope someone reads this and appreciates my effort.
Nov 6, 2015 2:16 AM

Jan 2013
nihikun said:
I had this crazy idea when I watched this episode. If it turns out to be correct it might be a spoil so... watch out.

WHAT IF she was pregnant, she proposed to her uncle to go live on an island, he refused, then told her parents he wants to marry her, her dad goes I WONT LET YOU DO THAT, she kills them and then the uncle took her on that island she was until she died recently somehow.
And her killer was her own child that was born in ultimate secrecy and for even more madness her child's name is the same as the "doll's". "THE PERFECT INSIDER" (INSID"HER" GET IT? XD)
The theory was inspired by the absurd thing that was said "what if there was someone with her before the cameras were installed" "for 15 years?"

y the "she was pregnant and her child was living with her for 15 years in secret" theory is more and more likely
Nov 6, 2015 2:34 AM

Dec 2013
i haven't seen if this has been brought up earlier, but is the director the uncle?

um also, could someone pls tell me where dr magata's sister has gone? O_o
-MihairuNov 6, 2015 2:38 AM
Nov 6, 2015 3:17 AM

Aug 2009
hey people ^^
i think i know what does 'everything becomes f' means. but the meaning doesn't explain the situation.

F is a certain programming language. It is characterised by being highly precise. I think the phrase means 'the time when everything stops being ambiguous and becomes clear'.
Nov 6, 2015 3:31 AM
Jun 2012
tingy said:

Saikawa and Moe

I wonder why so many here refers to them like this? I seems strange to me to refer to one person by their given name and the other with their surname.
Nov 6, 2015 4:02 AM

Jan 2015
Director's waifu looked so freakin ugly.....
Nov 6, 2015 4:16 AM

Dec 2014
Loved the philosophy in this episode. The anime seems to touch upon Existentialism to an extent and I'm loving it.
We're also learning more about Magata as well which is very intriguing. The mystery deepens but is also coming together slowly.
Nov 6, 2015 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
i was surprised when i learned that she bought the knife for her uncle's birthday gift..
Nov 6, 2015 5:52 AM

Aug 2009
i know my post was ignored xd but wanted to add that in this sense 'everything becomes f' can also mean the unification, specification of self.
Nov 6, 2015 7:40 AM

Nov 2011
Episode similar to those of the past, as narrative structure, but the dialogue is even more compliati not until you reach the final, where you can figure out what are the reasons that gave rise to all the events so far addressed. Drawings and animations good time too.
Nov 6, 2015 7:47 AM

Oct 2008
Decent episode. I guess why the director chose to throw in the flashbacks is so that viewers have ideas to work with even while the main story is paced slowly and gives no new clues to the mystery.
I really don't like how the anime Moe acts though.

Helpme said:
tingy said:

Saikawa and Moe

I wonder why so many here refers to them like this? I seems strange to me to refer to one person by their given name and the other with their surname.

Even in Japanese most people refer to them that way. The novel series is called "S&M series" after their names. Moe is young so people feel comfortable calling her by her given name but Saikawa is a professor, someone in position of authority, hence it doesn't feel right to call him by his given name, plus his surname is also S.
Nov 6, 2015 8:16 AM
Jan 2014
Pretty understandable philosophy this episode from my point of view, but then again I'm just sitting here seeing everything as an outsider and I'm not someone who's jealous of Dr. Megata just like Moe. Also I don't have the same psychological profile as her.
Are people seriously complaining about Saikawa, but not Moe. Seriously does she get a free pass because she's a girl or do people really like her that much compared to Saikawa?

Though calling Magata pure is kinda stretching it, since he has no way of knowing if she really was freed from restraint or someone had raised her to act like she does.

There's something very unsettling about the uncle's wife.

Now complaints about Magata and her uncle and it not moving the plot forward, it does now though, but the ferrris wheel scene still looks pointless for now at least.

Shock_YinNov 6, 2015 8:25 AM

Nov 6, 2015 8:21 AM
Jun 2015
This could easily be taken out of context XD

Nov 6, 2015 8:26 AM
Jan 2014
ani12 said:
This could easily be taken out of context XD

It's called the S&M book series for a reason :3

Nov 6, 2015 8:35 AM

Feb 2008
Moe has to be one of those most annoying characters I've ever had the displeasure of watching. If she could forget about wanting to bang Saikawa for five minutes and stop getting jealous at every little thing, then MAYBE she's an okay character.

Also, the theory I've been seeing about Magata being pregnant and her child killed her is ridiculous. People on the island would know she had a kid, and unless they're all in it together, they wouldn't hide that fact, at least not from Moe and Saikawa.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Nov 6, 2015 8:53 AM
Jan 2014
Machiavellism said:
Moe has to be one of those most annoying characters I've ever had the displeasure of watching. If she could forget about wanting to bang Saikawa for five minutes and stop getting jealous at every little thing, then MAYBE she's an okay character.

Also, the theory I've been seeing about Magata being pregnant and her child killed her is ridiculous. People on the island would know she had a kid, and unless they're all in it together, they wouldn't hide that fact, at least not from Moe and Saikawa.

Finally someone who makes sense.

Nov 6, 2015 8:53 AM

Jun 2013
a rather slow epside with nothing intersting exept that ending though
Nov 6, 2015 8:55 AM

Jul 2015
Really can not understand Dr. Nagata, it does nothing that makes sense.
Moe '' arguing 'with Saikawa left me kind of puzzled
Nov 6, 2015 9:01 AM

Nov 2011
A-1 are really not bothering with animation are they? the lack of movement is unbelievable a times.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 6, 2015 9:06 AM

Aug 2013
Another great episode. AOTS for me.
kevinivek said:
Don't really care about the philosophical dialogue between Moe and Saikawa

lol, the whole point of this series -.-
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 6, 2015 9:09 AM
Jan 2014
Yatorin said:
Really can not understand Dr. Nagata, it does nothing that makes sense.
Moe '' arguing 'with Saikawa left me kind of puzzled

Ah that's because your morals tells you that she does thing that doesn't make sense.

But to Magata, it does makes sense.

What's so hard to understand, Moe loves Saikawa, but Saikawa is still too fascinated by Magata. So petty jealousy.
Also when she thinks he's the best, she of course get angry, when he always is critisizing himself.

While Saikawa tries to defend Magata, while diguising it with philosophy. Either that or he doesn't want Moe to make hasty conclusions.

Also the fact that their ideaologies collide makes sure that a arguement was bound to happen. So I don't know why you would be puzzled.

Heck the whole viewpoint of the young I can just quit my job and persue my dream, while Saikawa knows his restraints and why trying to get a new job isn't that easy or as painless as the young one believes it.
Shock_YinNov 6, 2015 9:23 AM

Nov 6, 2015 9:57 AM

Sep 2013
This is so deep I found oil :O

The knife seems to be the same one used to kill the director :O
Magata being a pure human was epic XD

#Truth
Nov 6, 2015 10:01 AM

Jun 2015
this series has been really good in terms of pace and usage of scenes... but the implied affair btwn shiki and her uncle (who altho is mature beyond her years and has MPD, is still underage) part kinda makes me feel uncomfortable a little bit. But at least now it is indeed much clearer as to what happened 15 years ago. As for who killed Shiki... still not a lot of light shed on that.
Nishinosono is growing on me a bit more.

One good thing about this series is, there really isnt a need to place any indicator when flashbacks happen, and the flow is pretty smooth.

Nov 6, 2015 10:05 AM

Aug 2009
The show's getting better and better with each episode. I generally disliked the first two episodes and I thought the third one was okay. The fourth one was the first one I enjoyed and this week's episode is even better.

I'm really wondering when they'll increase the tension even more. It could turn out to be a pretty interesting mystery thriller rather than just a mystery.
Nov 6, 2015 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Shiki and her uncle are disgusting, I had no idea the episode will open up on the aftermath of what happened. More on the philosophical side than it was last time but it was still interesting, the director's wife baking cookies was weird it's either she's extremely happy both of them died or she's doing that to cope with what happened. Moe continues to get on my nerves though, man she annoys the hell out of me with her jealousy.

That last scene was creepy, Shiki is one creepy kid.
Nov 6, 2015 11:47 AM

Aug 2013
He just fucked a 13 year old girl. He could've waited at least 3 years or something.

Also, Perfect Insider's ED is probably the best ED this season for me, it's really catchy.
Nov 6, 2015 12:16 PM

Feb 2015
I was hoping for some thing interesting and was sad that it didn't had much. There were too many conversations and not enough action.

And holy shit Magata slept with her uncle, eww!
Nov 6, 2015 12:21 PM

Jan 2010
komasan said:
I guess why the director chose to throw in the flashbacks is so that viewers have ideas to work with even while the main story is paced slowly and gives no new clues to the mystery.

It also works really well to create a sort of parallel between Moe and Magata. Magata's bedside conversation and subsequent frustration with her uncle plays out so eerily similar to the later confrontation in the episode between Saikawa and Moe about the relative value and nature of "freedom".

I also really like how the show's colors are all muted, except for the reds, which were particularly highlighted this week with the jam and wine:

"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Nov 6, 2015 12:35 PM

Sep 2013
You really do have to watch these series with an open mind, especially the young Magata scenes... That doesn't make the relationship between her and her uncle right, but people watching would be much better off remembering that Magata has a different set of morals from the rest of us, like Saikawa said.
Speaking of Saikawa, he really was sipping on that truth tea at the end there...
God help me if this isn't considered one of this year's best shows by the end of it, I'm loving this.
Nov 6, 2015 1:15 PM

Aug 2007
Shock_Yin said:

That can't be, the doll was thrown out because it was bloodied, having been in the scene of the crime. This was long before Magata was killed.
Nov 6, 2015 1:16 PM

Oct 2014
episode fairly criticized for being slow but I liked it. An episode in which is mainly discussed topics such as the morality and especially the freedom.
Really, for me, a nice episode. 5/5
Nov 6, 2015 1:50 PM

Aug 2011
Why do people still think the uncle is Magata's actual blood related uncle? In a lot of Asian cultures the same word for "uncle" is used for older male family friends, or just older men in general without any weird/pervy connotations. It might be her real uncle, but I'm more inclined to think he's a caretaker or mentor of some sort.
Nov 6, 2015 2:12 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
komasan said:

Helpme said:

Even in Japanese most people refer to them that way. The novel series is called "S&M series" after their names. Moe is young so people feel comfortable calling her by her given name but Saikawa is a professor, someone in position of authority, hence it doesn't feel right to call him by his given name, plus his surname is also S.

That and the S&M is short for "Professor Saikawa and his student Moe." Idk I used to call her Nishinosono because that's the name I heard the most in the drama (and here in the anime too) but it's longer to type and most of the comments refer her as Moe, so it just caught on when I was writing.
Nov 6, 2015 2:45 PM

Dec 2013
Madlib said:
The start of the episode was disturbing

Yeah wtf how old is she? 13?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 6, 2015 5:10 PM

Mar 2009
Dude just slept with a 13-year-old girl.
Nov 6, 2015 5:16 PM

Dec 2012
All these mysteries are intriguiging, the ending came too quickly.
Nov 6, 2015 5:44 PM

Sep 2014
Lots of informational conversation this episode, very interesting I must say. We got a lot of insight into Magata Shiki's personality/ies.
Nov 6, 2015 7:00 PM

Jul 2009
nihikun said:

I love it.

...not the pedo uncle impregnanting his niece, just the cool theory.
SASHIHARA said:
Why do people still think the uncle is Magata's actual blood related uncle? In a lot of Asian cultures the same word for "uncle" is used for older male family friends, or just older men in general without any weird/pervy connotations. It might be her real uncle, but I'm more inclined to think he's a caretaker or mentor of some sort.

I was thinking this too up until this episode. No particular reason though. I'm still waiting for it to be confirmed.
Nov 6, 2015 7:03 PM

Jul 2010
I liked conversation between Moe and Saikawa, but in the end what Saikawa was talking about could be translated into ''Magata is so kakkoi and awesome and stuff, everything she does is so pure, wow, she is more human than us sugoi '' or something along these lines imo.
Last scene got me excited.I think we are about to learn what actually happened in past, which will give us hints to what happened in present.

kevinivek said:

I just want to see how they figure out the murderer......
Who said she is murdered tho? i'm still not going to jump into conclusions about that.Everything might come out as a troll from Magata or something like that.
Nov 6, 2015 7:56 PM
Jan 2014
DAMN that was a good ending, totally caught me off-guard after all that talking. Cue it's all a plot to allow they to be "free", and stay together, including killing her parents and then faking death. I know it wont be that, but funny how the motives are slowly appearing, even if we still have no idea on who is the killer.

You people complaining about Moe, she is just in love and lonely, we all have been there.
I wonder how faithful to the source material the anime has been so far...
Nov 6, 2015 7:57 PM

Sep 2015
Still feels like I'm watching Scooby Doo
Nov 6, 2015 8:56 PM

Oct 2008
SASHIHARA said:

Actually the uncle IS her uncle. Why do you think he's in the family dinner at the end of the episode?
Not really a spoiler but if you want to know

xuhiken said:
You people complaining about Moe, she is just in love and lonely, we all have been there.
I wonder how faithful to the source material the anime has been so far...

According to people who've read the novels, the anime Moe hasn't been very accurate and this episode broke her character. But other than that it is following the story (flashbacks are from separate novel however).
Nov 6, 2015 9:27 PM
Oct 2013
-Mihairu said:
i haven't seen if this has been brought up earlier, but is the director the uncle?

um also, could someone pls tell me where dr magata's sister has gone? O_o

I commented on it once but no one bothered about it. Now, we have the same army knife Magata gave to her Uncle and the one used to stab the director.

Her sister already showed up when the helicopter went down. It's the woman who wore a business suit and was crying when she saw Magata's body.

Machiavellism said:

Finally, someone who has the same line of thought as me. Moe in this episode made me irk several times.

First, for being obnoxious to the point of being extremely rude and inconsiderate to the wife. Saikawa asked her twice to stop but she still insisted and shouted once.

Second, Saikawa was simply thinking and explaining things objectively while she was taking her time getting jealous whenever Magata's name came up; or in her perspective, getting defended by Saikawa.

Third, she almost slapped Saikawa because her emotional tolerance went beyond her line. And guess what, the cause is jealously...or should I say envy?

I mean they are not even a couple and she acts as if they're already tied down by destiny forever and ever. She's overstepping her bounds. "Selfish and overcomplicated". Does she ever look on a mirror? She's like Magata who badly wants to bang her Uncle. I just hope that there would be a character development, if not I would also bang my rating on this anime. lol

And yes, the child theory is just improble.
ExplodingGirlNov 6, 2015 9:33 PM
Nov 6, 2015 9:41 PM

May 2015
Good episode. Love the dialog between both MCs.
Now back to waiting for the next episode to come.

GaryL said:

Sure thing mate..... this screams Scooby Doo from every angle you see it. Thanks for pointing that out [/ s]
By the way, make sure you take your daily medicines like the doctor prescribed. Remember, not taking them will make you disorient and delusional, thus a danger to society.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Nov 6, 2015 11:58 PM

Feb 2013
aikaflip said:
I can't stand all the flashback scenes with Shiki and her uncle. They're disgusting, excessive, and don't contribute much to the story.
You say that now, but it might have everything to do with everything later on.

I mean, wasn't that the same knife that was stabbed into the director when he was in the helicopter?
Nov 7, 2015 12:00 AM
Jun 2012
komasan said:

Helpme said:

Even in Japanese most people refer to them that way.

If you rewatch an episode you'll find that this is not the case. She's almost exclusively referred to as Nishinosono. Even by Sohei, where it's used to indicate distance.

komasan said:

Moe is young so people feel comfortable calling her by her given name

I think you may have misunderstood that. There is such an age, but it's small children, usually before school age. As an adult, Moe would generally be referred to by surname.
Nov 7, 2015 4:56 AM

Oct 2008
^ I'm not talking about the characters in the show. She is called Nishinosono in the show, but viewers refer to her as Moe almost all the time.
Nov 7, 2015 10:36 AM

Sep 2015
zero-r said:
Good episode. Love the dialog between both MCs.
Now back to waiting for the next episode to come.

GaryL said:

Sure thing mate..... this screams Scooby Doo from every angle you see it. Thanks for pointing that out [/ s]
By the way, make sure you take your daily medicines like the doctor prescribed. Remember, not taking them will make you disorient and delusional, thus a danger to society.

Opinions dude, learn to deal with them...
Nov 7, 2015 2:13 PM

Jan 2015
What is Magata-sensei thinking about... .______.
Nov 7, 2015 10:22 PM

Dec 2014
What's with magata giving her uncle the knife
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2015

278 by wildhood »»
Mar 8, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2015

175 by 0arche »»
Jan 10, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2015

228 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 25, 2023 10:55 PM

» For anyone who want to know why shiki escaped the island and her story in light novel

Baoyeuconpo9999 - Mar 10, 2023

3 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Mar 11, 2023 8:59 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2015

172 by Floral_soap »»
Jan 14, 2023 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.