Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 11, 2023 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
This episode was great. We got Yor making her moves in the role of assassin aboard that ship. She even has her assassin-style outfit on.

Arc picked up business as Yor is not working alone. I love how the anime protrays her personality and expressions. Obviously, Loid plays his role as a spy too this arc. Anya had her wide-eyed face more than usual but it makes sense for some of her reactions. I found this episode amusing, thrilling, very entertaining.
Nov 11, 2023 6:28 AM

May 2020
I liked how nervousness has even caught Yor this time, though in her case it could be more inclined to the fact that, she has to protect someone rather than simply slaying the life out of them. Now it goes without saying, the cliffhanger from last time warranted pursuers to pursue Olka and her son. We witnessed a firsthand example too soon enough.

That was cold af from the director… broke the fucking knees of that bad guy and said, “sorry, my fault it wasn’t a yes or no question to begin with hehe”. Lol. Though it was just the first attempt of many more to come, I mean even Yor and that Olka lady were targeted… with a gun. Rest assured nothing happened, but hey a gun shouldn’t be used in front of a kid:)

Yor is just getting started, as if I remember correctly, we are about to see one hell of a fight in the next episode or the one after that. As for Loid and Anya, they should keep their imaginations in check lol, I mean Loid, nobody gonna arrest you on the suspicion of being a spy if you don’t buy your kid a skeleton keychain lmaoooo.

At the end of the day, Loid is super smart yet a bit dumb at the same time. Don’t take things so seriously lol. As for Yor and co., things have gotten a bit serious with that cliffhanger.
Nov 11, 2023 6:28 AM

Dec 2021
Oh shit, the real stuff begins from here it seems.

Upon stepping aboard the cruise ship, Yor seamlessly transitioned into her role as the dedicated bodyguard for Olka and her son. At the same time, Yor's superior, discovers the presence of an assassin targeting Olka and her son. Following dinner, Yor guides Olka and her son back to their room. Once inside, Olka observes the absence of any signs of trouble throughout the day. However, Yor cautions her that they must remain wary, as the whereabouts and plans of the enemy remain unknown. Yor predicts that the adversary is likely to launch an attack at the eleventh hour, which she anticipates will be the next day.

Yor really messed that guy up. The spike through the head was brutal yet strangely cool. Things are getting intense. It's amusing how moments before, she was taking people down violently, but afterward, she used things like buttons and dancing. Anya never fails to make me feel sorry for Loid. He put in so much effort to create a fun outfit, and she immediately disses him. This fight is looking to be pretty cool as well.

Great episode, and I'm curious about what will happen in the next one.

Nov 11, 2023 7:26 AM
Sep 2015
Anya usually doesn't involve in a story involve real killing, until now...
Nov 11, 2023 7:36 AM

Feb 2021
7:14 This is the same line that Nanami said!
NOOOO NOT THE DOOR NOOOOO
Loid going into the changing room to try all these outfits with a serious ass face was hilarious.
The deaths in this episode were quite brutal, especially for this show
Nov 11, 2023 7:50 AM
Sep 2021
The assassin's fight has just begun, and it looks like anya will also play an important part in it.
Nov 11, 2023 8:43 AM

Feb 2023
Man any episode with a lot of Anya is already a win. Anya was way too real in this one, it is amazing!

Really enjoyed this episode!

Your Lie In April was a banger!
Nov 11, 2023 8:55 AM
May 2021
Ep wass sickkk 🔥 The battle begins from now on!!
Nov 11, 2023 9:10 AM

May 2015
These faces that Anya make are precious :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 11, 2023 9:11 AM

Mar 2021
Great episode the battle is just getting started
Nov 11, 2023 9:12 AM

Oct 2017
Yor back with her assassin outfit, she looks the best in that. Also she was casually killing people while walking kek.
Nov 11, 2023 9:12 AM
Oct 2016
This cruise is heating up! Anyome who's been wanting Yor focus is getting that in spades this arc. With their room and aliases compromised its time to shake things up, multiple assassins are targeting this woman and her baby now. All these assassins are seemingly trying to coordinate their efforts since the jig is up and the woman and baby are on the move. Whomever the information broker that planted all these wiretaps has blown their cover. The added pressure forcing Yor to move them to a different room on the ship. I loved all the scenes we got of the first assassins trying to break into the room. Yor is a total badass protecting everyone inside. While the old man director himself is helping too, Yor throwing her pike dagger through the door was awesome. Wearing some masks to hide their identity while using a masquerade to hide themselves. Yor grabbing that assassins hands and refusing his dance was very funny. Yor is so casual while dealing massive pain to bad guys. Throwing that button to stop another assassin. Anya jumping to wild conclusions as to what Yor battling that assassin with the sickle would do. Her imagination truly makes every scene like this even better, she does everything she can to stop Loid from seeing Yor battle. Convincing him to change into all those wild cruise ship store clothes just to buy Yor time. She's going to need it with this big guy flinging A chain sickle around.
Nov 11, 2023 9:15 AM
Apr 2023
Yor Killed a man with the Button off of a shirt. She's basically a Hunter x Hunter character.
Nov 11, 2023 9:21 AM

Nov 2016
Another episode that felt like 5 minutes. With the anime I learned to appreciate how well Spy x Family manages the balancing act between sol comedy and campy action flick.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 11, 2023 9:22 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To be fair having any hot food after a hard days work feels godly. If Yor didn't have a family of herself that she cared deeply for then i wager that she would be very different. A cruise ship and a free for all hunt open to all assassins man quite the snag that is. Still Yor's boss did some nice work with his interrogation. The assassins though sure looked pretty skilled by the looks of things. Yor's way of dealing with the assasins sure was damm impressive. Especially the one in the dance. Loid ended up having quite the dilema. Looks like Yor's first real challenge is Barnaby someone so famous that no one's heard off him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2023 9:28 AM
Jul 2023
A very perplexing expression.
Nov 11, 2023 9:28 AM

Jul 2011
No place is better to dispose of bodies than throwing out of a moving cruise at night.

Anya have so great way with words to throw Loid out of his game.
Nov 11, 2023 9:44 AM

Mar 2020
This is what I want to see from this series, goofy, but tense moments. Good mix of comedy and tension. I can definitely see why this arc is as praised as it is, it's certainly bringing the enjoyment back that's been missing for a while.
Nov 11, 2023 9:46 AM

Apr 2022
So Yor stumbled upon an unexpectedly powerful enemy, I really want this to lead to Loid helping out and them both finally figuring out who the other is.

felixsifuriNov 11, 2023 9:53 AM
Nov 11, 2023 9:47 AM

Jan 2018
Damn. The Director is secretly a badass. Epic.

So this cruise ship is just a huge death trap with how many assassins on board. It's a free-for-all.

I loved how Yor took out the enemies. I keep forgetting that she's an extremely skilled assassin because of her goofy personality. Thankfully this episode showcased just how big of a badass she can be.

It looks like Yor's next foe is going to be a problem. Wonder how Anya can contribute.

I'm a bit disappointed that Loid doesn't get a much more active role in this situation. I know it's a Yor-focused arc but still. I kinda expected the two would sort of work together without realizing who they're helping.

Loid already noticed the wiretaps, he should have an idea of what's going on with more investigation. But I guess the presence of Anya makes it difficult.

Nov 11, 2023 10:08 AM
Mar 2021
damn!! 10/10 episode 🔥
Nov 11, 2023 10:08 AM
Handler One

Jan 2023
NOOO THEY CHANGED THE DIALOGUE WHEN YOR THREW HER STILETTO THROUGH THE DOOR

That transition from Yor saying "Mm.." to Anya stuffing her face saying "Mm, mm!" is both hilarious and really cute. Bundles of messy joy those two are. The itinerary's been leaked, the group is being hunted by an unknown number of assassins and combatants.. Director is equally a badass as Yor, but they both are from Garden and he's got that veteran feel.

17 assassins at the deck and one informant, minus the first two who were killed, in addition to that shark faced guy who got shanked and tossed off the deck. One was following, two in the Lounge area with that guy with the walkie talkie, and one final one at the shopping area. So three informants (?) and 23 assassins spotted so far, with three casualties. Hmm..

Loid may be an elite spy from Westalis but Anya is certainly one way to throw him off in multiple ways hahaha. That bit when Anya was shocked by Barnaby than quickly questioned "Who's that?" and her facial expressions after that are a national treasure. Loid also taking the vacation way too seriously or too loosely is way too funny.

The standoff between Yor and Barnaby begins, how will Yor handle this situation in public and with protection..?

Great episode as always, now the stakes have begun to rise ever so slightly.
Have a super Spy x Family saturday :]

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Nov 11, 2023 10:23 AM

Jul 2017
One of the better episodes this series has had in a while, felt like there was actual interesting stuff happening that built tension effectively mixed with a decent amount of fun and action. The series has been just so boring for most of the episodes since the start of Season 1 Cour 2 but this episode definitely did not feel like a waste of time and the cliffhanger was good too. Feels like the next episode is going to be wild so that should be fun hopefully.
Nov 11, 2023 10:24 AM
May 2015
Great Episode. After the first 3 episodes I set this show to a 6/10 and put it on hold. Binged the last 3 episodes and glad to see it was just the first 3 that were the problem. Actually excited again for the next episode now.
Nov 11, 2023 10:27 AM

Mar 2010
Bruh this episode was fantastic, seeing yor struggle is actually a breath of fresh air. Shit is getting pretty tense. Great to see little anya start to get involved tho. I hope to see all three of them get all the assassins'.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 11, 2023 10:39 AM

Feb 2021
This episode is pretty much 1 to 1 with the manga, pretty much every single pannel and dialogue got adapted.
So they are doing a good job with that...
Nov 11, 2023 10:52 AM

Jul 2022
GREAT EPIUSODE LIEK ALWIAYS I WACAN'T WAIT FOR MOREA
Nov 11, 2023 10:55 AM

May 2019
What a great mix of suspense, action, and comedy in this episode. There are way more assassins than I thought there would be and if it wasn't for Anya Loid most likely would've seen Yor fight. On that note I doubt Anya's assumption in that Loid and Yor would break up if Loid discovered her side profession although I'm not sure what would happen.
Nov 11, 2023 10:59 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Literally 98% of everything Anya does in this series is completely unnecessary and has like nothing to do with the said main mission. But who cares anymore... I watch this for the comedy. Not the story. But like this "boat mission" has nothing to do with the main story. Just milking as much as possible. But so does the manga.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Nov 11, 2023 11:00 AM

Nov 2023
That was a great episode! Loved both Yor, Anya and Loids part in it!

Yor's fight scenes were amazing at showing how effective she is, even in public. (Especially liked the button part)

It was great seeing how aware, caring and resourceful Anya was,

and it was very funny to see how one of the top spies getting tricked and being unable to read a child.

Fantastic episode overall, can't wait for the next one!

Nov 11, 2023 11:01 AM
May 2023
So good, love this show, this arc has been fire so far
Nov 11, 2023 11:04 AM
Mar 2016
Shit has finally started to get real!!! After numerous "filler" eps before this arc, I wondered how long it'd take before it became serious again and I'm glad it did now. It was just intense. This ep reminded me of John Wick lol. After the Ex communicado if you know what I mean. Can't believe they ended on a cliffhanger like that. Time to wait for another week. REEEEEEEEEE. Anyway good stuff. I'd like to see more of this in the future for the show.
Nov 11, 2023 11:28 AM

Aug 2022
Hilarious episode! I especially enjoyed Anya's and Loid's interactions.
Nov 11, 2023 11:42 AM

Feb 2020
Feeling a lot more exciting than usual this episode
Pretty nice, like where this is going

Nov 11, 2023 11:43 AM

Jan 2009
yor is awesome and sexy hot again
Nov 11, 2023 11:44 AM
Oct 2021
probably my favourite episode so far this new arc is shaping up to be quite interesting…
Nov 11, 2023 12:10 PM
Jul 2016
I'll admit that I was kinda getting bored with some of the mini-arcs and half episodes. So I'm glad we got a multi-episode plot going on with episodes 5 & 6.

I get that Spy x Family doesn't really have an overarching plot, but I do prefer a bit of suspense and action tbh.
Nov 11, 2023 12:16 PM
Mar 2023
Great episode. One of the greats.
Nov 11, 2023 12:17 PM

Mar 2019
Imagine when Loid finds out that Yor is a assassin who hates frogs? 🐸
Nov 11, 2023 12:33 PM
Dec 2021
Absolutely an amazing episode!
Nov 11, 2023 12:36 PM
May 2022
Yes, this is now the great stuff. Yor in that outfit looks "chef´s kiss".
Nov 11, 2023 12:36 PM

Nov 2013
Another 10/10 episode! It only gets better!
Nov 11, 2023 1:01 PM

Feb 2020
As coisas estão começando a ficar agitadas nesse navio 🛳️
Nov 11, 2023 1:45 PM

Sep 2017
A fight cliffhanger in an episode of spy family lol. This was action packed episode by spy family's standards. Anya trying to delay Loid was hilarious tho.
Nov 11, 2023 1:52 PM
May 2021
Yor in action, can't wait for the next episode
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Nov 11, 2023 2:03 PM

Mar 2013
Poor Anya desperately trying to keep Yor's identity under wraps
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Nov 11, 2023 3:13 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Things got intense really fast, it’s interesting seeing Yor on edge too, it makes sense that she would be and it’s pretty different from the usual Thorn Princess we see, loved seeing the different ways she handled each assassin too, some got lucky and didn’t die but that one dude took a knife to the head, and the first guy had his limbs broken by the director before being killed, that’s pretty metal lol. And looks like this kunai with chain wannabe is posing a great threat, unless Yor can quickly deal with this guy there’s no away he’s not making a scene, so I’m definitely excited to see how this goes.

And also, it kinda baffled me the assassin leader guy said “don’t lump assassins in with murders”, yeah there might be more professionalism but you’re still a 100% murderer lol, that’s how I see it anyway. And the Anya and Loid bit was really funny, definitely a nice break from the intense scenes with Yor to remind you this is Spy x Family still lol.
Nov 11, 2023 4:05 PM

Aug 2022
🤣 The best spy in all of Westalis, outwitted by a 5-year-old! 🤣

Well, actually, that's not just any 5-year-old... it's Starlight Anya after all! 🤣

Jokes aside, the sound direction in this episode is incredible! Every bone-crunching SFX felt so realistic and detailed, you could even hear the subtle background noise, making it feel like you were right there on the cruise ship. That's an amazing level of attention to detail. I can't wait to see even more awesome fight animation in the next episode! Waku waku! 🤩
Nov 11, 2023 5:30 PM

Jul 2016
Yor's arc yet it's Anya the one stealing the spotlight every episode lol.

And no way! I always wanted one of those phosphorescent skeleton figures when I was little!
Nov 11, 2023 5:36 PM
Feb 2020
this episode is very waku waku
the story with yor is great, the parts not about that story arent bad but theyre noticeably worse, loid doesnt seem to have any purpose right now
this is a great episode and i am very excited for the next one
this is the most excited ive ever been for a spy x family episode
this season has earned the 9/10 score that ive given it
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

189 by Profat »»
Yesterday, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2023

195 by Khashishi »»
Sep 23, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2023

189 by Khashishi »»
Sep 23, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2023

258 by Khashishi »»
Sep 23, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

205 by InClouseau »»
Sep 18, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.