Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2023 10:08 AM

Nov 2011
Man, this episode was wild, crazy, and stylish. The way it protrayed its fan service is so sarcastic that it looks like a meme.

Andy and Fuuko's character chemistry is a highlight so far and it's very amusing to watch. I think both characters are protrayed well in terms of their personalities. Andy in particular has that reckless nature who isn't of afraid of doing anything. Just a crazy episode premiere LOL

May 2020
I don’t know but the first time this girl said her body is no good, I really have to take another fine look over that and see just how wrong she was lol… but jokes aside, she meant it in a different way. YOU WOULD NOT CONTRACT AN INCURABLE DISEASE upon touching her, but you would suffer through a whole planet of bad luck.

Girl just wanted to end her life, but see her luck… a fucking undead came out of nowhere, who wants to live a spectacular death himself, and that’s when he starts chasing her, touching her at places( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), to still no good in the end. By the way I liked just how randomly someone could be at the verge of death in this series lol… see that container of bananas coming flying out of nowhere, which almost had Fuuko fall from that multi storey building.

Mister Undead saving her… I mean definitely he would after that backstory. Though it was for his selfish means, but I felt for her… seeing her parents die right in front of her, and in such a horrid way:( At last, that police and stuff coming in between was just the perfect way to showcase what our undead is capable of. I mean he fucking cooked them lol.

Though the epitome of bad luck, and the trigger… just let Fuuko kiss someone, I MEAN A FUCKING METEORITE WILL COME CRASHING DOWN lmaooooo. An emphatic end to the episode, and here’s the start of a great duo in the making.

Loved the first episode. David Production back at good stuff again.

Jul 2017
One of Weekly Shonen Jump's biggest hits, mangaka Yoshifumi Tozuka's Undead Unluck, finally hits the anime courtesy of David Production, running for 2 cours! Too bad that Disney+ / Hulu will be streaming this.

The whole beginning sequence for the anime is anime-original, based on the female MC Fuko Izumo reading her favourite manga to the very end, only to decide on death because of her curse-winding body that if touched will incur disease, and pitting against the half-naked Andy who got killed while saving her. Fuko may be unlucky, but Andy is the zombie who's an undead who can repair his body by itself. Andy literally forcing Izumo to tell him of her disease, and through rooftop stunts, the now naked guy forces her to reveal the truth about her.

The thing is, for her parents to die right after being sent off in a plane accident 10 years ago when she was 8 years old, Fuko surmises that anyone whom she touches will be cursed, which the zombie puts that to the test, which a barrel of bananas dropped on him and Fuko slipped out from the rooftop no thanks to a banana peel. Andy coming in for the save because he can finally taste real death with her unlucky streak, and decides to hog her for his own research, not knowing that external factors also want Izumo's quirks.

So then, Andy begins his research on Fuko, which she runs away from the pervert and unintentionally releases her cap in the process to show her long hair, so much that he helped to cut her hair since he was a stylist ages ago. But it's the same people who found both Izumo and Andy as protectors from Negators such as UMAs, and especially ones who understand her Unluck powers to utilize for greater evil. And even though the zombie's head is trapped in the capsule, Fuko's Unluck in the form of a lightning bolt gets his out, though she didn't understand why he is giving his life for her that much. And with one stroke of a kiss, Izumo enables her Unluck to get rid of their perpetrator with a meteorite and gave the zombie his name: Andy.

The quest for the greatest death ever: Undead Unluck. What a great premiere of Chapter 1, along with Queen Bee's OP.
KANLen09Oct 13, 2023 2:02 AM
Oct 6, 2023 10:43 AM
Mar 2021
KANLen09 said:
One of Weekly Shonen Jump's biggest hits, mangaka Yoshifumi Tozuka's Undead Unluck, finally hits the anime courtesy of David Production, running for 2 cours! Too bad that Disney+ / Hulu will be streaming this.

The whole beginning sequence for the anime is anime-original, based on the female MC Fuuko Izumo reading her favourite manga to the very end, only to decide death because of her curse-winding body that if touched will incur disease, and pitting against the half-naked Andy who got killed while saving her, she is unlucky, but the zombie is an undead who can repair his body by itself. Andy literally forcing Izumo to tell him of her disease, and through rooftop stunts, the now naked guy forces her to reveal the truth about her.

The thing is, for her parents to die right after being sent off in a plane accident, Izumo surmises that anyone whom she touches will be cursed, which the zombie puts that to the test, which a barrel of bananas dropped on him and Izumo slipped out from the rooftop. Andy coming in for the save because he can finally taste real death with her unlucky streak, and decides to hog her for his own research, not knowing that external factors also want Izumo's quirks.

So then, begins his research on Izumo, which she runs away from the pervert and releases her cap in the process to show her long hair, that Andy helped to cut her hair since he was a stylist before. But it's the same people who found both Izumo and Andy as protectors from things such as UMAs, and especially ones who understand her Unluck powers. And even though the zombie's head is trapped in the capsule, Izumo's Unluck in the form of a lightning bolt gets his out, though she didn't understand why he is giving his life for her that much. And with the one stroke of a kiss, Izumo enables her Unluck to get rid of their perpetrator with a meteorite and gave the zombie his name: Andy.

The quest for the greatest death ever: Undead Unluck. What a great premiere of Chapter 1, along with Queen Bee's OP.

why is it bad disney is streaming this? u want a crunchyroll monopoly?
Oct 6, 2023 10:58 AM

Dec 2021
Holy shit this premiere was amazing

After finishing her favorite manga, Fuuko feels hopeful about the future. Though she's dealt with hardship, including the loss of her parents, Fuuko has found solace in the stories and characters.

On an evening walk, Fuuko meets Andy, a kind stranger who has also experienced loneliness. Though cautious at first, a friendship blossoms as they bond over their favorite manga and discover they have more in common than expected. One night, Fuuko saves Andy from being hit by a train. This act of courage inspires Fuuko to embrace life's unpredictability. With Andy's support, she decides to honor her parents' memory by living life to the fullest. Though bittersweet, Fuuko feels ready to turn the page and write her own story.

The groping scene is rather unsettling, especially considering her apparent lack of objection. However, it's noteworthy that he swiftly faces consequences through a brief death, highlighting his unstable mental state after enduring such a long existence. I'm curious about the origin of his cursed fate. While I can't say for certain, my initial impression is that he might have been a pirate in his early years, given the resemblance of his grin to Luffy's, along with his tattoos and proficiency with a sword.

I'm really digging this. The concepts are intriguing, and the characters are both entertaining and well-designed.

Oct 6, 2023 11:36 AM

Oct 2011
amazing first episode

blown away
Oct 6, 2023 11:43 AM
Dec 2018
where yall watching it on? because it's not on my disney+ yet.
Oct 6, 2023 11:45 AM

Nov 2016
Another Jump series, another great start. The ridiculous premise of a girl who brings misfortune to anyone touching her paired with an immortal guy is a neat recipe for fun dynamics. I'm looking forward to see certain character arcs animated which stood out. The power system and abilities here also differ from the standard battle shounen fare, let alone the other action series we tend to get.

Glad this is 24 episodes long. This season may cover content past where I stopped reading the manga.
FMmatronOct 6, 2023 1:32 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 6, 2023 11:46 AM
Feb 2022
Sner201 said:

I watched it on Hulu.
Oct 6, 2023 11:47 AM
Dec 2018
the_mantis42 said:
Sner201 said:

I watched it on Hulu.

hulu is not available in europe
Oct 6, 2023 11:50 AM
Sep 2015
Is uncensored version available at any region in this world? I'm willing to move there just to watch the uncensored version.
Oct 6, 2023 11:50 AM
Aug 2022
the_mantis42 said:
Sner201 said:

I watched it on Hulu.

Not available in Canada also
Oct 6, 2023 11:51 AM
Feb 2022
phantomfandom said:
Is uncensored version available at any region in this world? I'm willing to move there just to watch the uncensored version.

Or invest in a VPN.
Oct 6, 2023 11:52 AM
Mar 2021
Great 1Ep !! looking forward to the next Ep
Oct 6, 2023 11:53 AM

Jan 2015
VERY satisfied with the adaptation so far. Great stuff
Oct 6, 2023 12:01 PM

Mar 2021
David Pro's works have some of the most unique directions and its not different for Undead unluck. Even though the events are bizarre it was really fun to watch!! Now I'm curious, what'd actually happen to the person who'll have *** with Fuuko, if her kissing on the cheeks can trigger a meteor (or was that actually a nuke?) down on them.
Oct 6, 2023 12:03 PM

Mar 2020
This feels like the biggest meme of the season, while being so wild that it's great. A very amusing first episode with nonstop wacky action. Andy and Fuuko are gonna make for such a great duo, and we're in for some balls to the walls action. That "unluck" a certainly something, a kiss literally triggers an entire meteorite to rain down on Andy LOL.

Gonna have a lot of fun with this one.
Oct 6, 2023 12:07 PM

Apr 2021
I was so confused for the first 3 minutes
Oct 6, 2023 12:09 PM

Nov 2021
Is the box of bananas falling from the sky a Bloons Tower Defense reference?
Oct 6, 2023 12:12 PM

Jan 2018
Now that was a banger first episode. This episode really got me hyped for the upcoming episodes.
Oct 6, 2023 12:13 PM
Jan 2023
Really good! I’m excited to see what comes next
Oct 6, 2023 12:14 PM
Jun 2021
Everything in the anime is excellent, the atmosphere, direction, animation and performance of the voice actors, what a debut gentlemen.
Oct 6, 2023 12:15 PM

Oct 2020
They are very odd couple of kids: Undead Andy and Fuuko Izumo.
Oct 6, 2023 12:22 PM
Apr 2021
ANIME OF THE YEAR EVERY YEAR!
FUKO IZUMO PROTAGONIST OF THE YEAR!
ANDY IS ALSO THERE!
UU SWEEP!
Oct 6, 2023 12:30 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
phantomfandom said:

Doubt there will be an uncensored version because the censorship is a gag, it was like that in the manga. For a long time the mangaka would try to include at least one censor bar every chapter.
Oct 6, 2023 12:33 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to phantomfandom
@phantomfandom you really think they're going to show you dicks?
Oct 6, 2023 12:38 PM

May 2015
best jump battle shounen of the last 10 years along with chainsaw man and kimetsu no yaiba, very good adaptation.
Oct 6, 2023 12:50 PM

Oct 2017
That was wild and quite funny. A kiss summoned meteor, if they go all the way it'll be the world's end for sure. Production is neat as expected from DavidPro. Seems like a fun anime.
Oct 6, 2023 1:08 PM

Apr 2018
Well, this was pretty fun and chaotic to watch. I've read the first chapter several monhts ago, but never gave it a real chance. But, the anime adaptation is here, so I'll see how it is.
First of, the characters are pretty fun and not annoying at all, the interaction between Fuuko and Andy is what made this episode so fun. They're meant to be together. Second thing is the animation which was fluid throughout the whole episode starting off with Andy jumping from each building to him fighting the attackers. That ending with the metiorite was insane lol.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 6, 2023 1:20 PM
Jun 2023
nice not bad it was to funny
Oct 6, 2023 1:20 PM

Jan 2018
Finally, the second "zombie" anime of 2023 dropped.

I have been interested ever since I heard of the manga plot. But I kinda forgot about the title. And this year I got it mixed up with Zom 100 because both featured "zombies". So ended up watching that too which ended up being a great choice. Just wish it wasn't delayed so much...

Anyways, holy shit this first episode was great. David Production delivered as always. And this is going to run for 2 cours?! That's just crazy. Here I thought 2-cour anime were dead.

Can't wait for more. Too bad Friday seems to be a packed day for anime. I hope this anime doesn't fly under people's radar because of Disney+. It's great and it shows a lot of promise.

Edit- Anyone know what manga Fuko was reading in the beginning? Was it even a real manga?
0451Oct 7, 2023 12:14 PM
Oct 6, 2023 1:37 PM
Aug 2020
IT'S SO PEAK DUDE, CANNOT WAIT FOR THE REST
Oct 6, 2023 1:48 PM
Aug 2020
i'm a big fan of the manga,i'm so happy

the first episode was so good, i hope that you are ready to have fun,fall in love etc
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 6, 2023 1:52 PM
Apr 2021
THAT. WAS. FUCKING AMAZING. ARIGATO.
Oct 6, 2023 2:44 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to MrHunterxHunter
KANLen09 said:

The whole beginning sequence for the anime is anime-original, based on the female MC Fuuko Izumo reading her favourite manga to the very end, only to decide death because of her curse-winding body that if touched will incur disease, and pitting against the half-naked Andy who got killed while saving her, she is unlucky, but the zombie is an undead who can repair his body by itself. Andy literally forcing Izumo to tell him of her disease, and through rooftop stunts, the now naked guy forces her to reveal the truth about her.

The thing is, for her parents to die right after being sent off in a plane accident, Izumo surmises that anyone whom she touches will be cursed, which the zombie puts that to the test, which a barrel of bananas dropped on him and Izumo slipped out from the rooftop. Andy coming in for the save because he can finally taste real death with her unlucky streak, and decides to hog her for his own research, not knowing that external factors also want Izumo's quirks.

So then, begins his research on Izumo, which she runs away from the pervert and releases her cap in the process to show her long hair, that Andy helped to cut her hair since he was a stylist before. But it's the same people who found both Izumo and Andy as protectors from things such as UMAs, and especially ones who understand her Unluck powers. And even though the zombie's head is trapped in the capsule, Izumo's Unluck in the form of a lightning bolt gets his out, though she didn't understand why he is giving his life for her that much. And with the one stroke of a kiss, Izumo enables her Unluck to get rid of their perpetrator with a meteorite and gave the zombie his name: Andy.

why is it bad disney is streaming this? u want a crunchyroll monopoly?
@MrHunterxHunter I think they think since it's Disney they'll find a way to fuck something up. Either censorship or changing dialog to make it for "modern audiences", but even though Disney is shit with their own properties, I haven't heard of them changing anything from Japan, they just stream it. If that's not the case then I have no idea why they care if it's streaming on Disney.
Oct 6, 2023 2:52 PM

Apr 2015
That was one of the best premiere episodes I've seen and it was the best this season for me!
Cannot wait for more wow, Looks like a fun ride.
10/10 for this episode!
Oct 6, 2023 3:01 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I'm generally not the biggest fan of shounens but that was actually pretty unorthodox. Not sure where it'll lead but so far surprisingly fun
Oct 6, 2023 3:05 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to DeadlyBiscu1t
@MrHunterxHunter I think they think since it's Disney they'll find a way to fuck something up. Either censorship or changing dialog to make it for "modern audiences", but even though Disney is shit with their own properties, I haven't heard of them changing anything from Japan, they just stream it. If that's not the case then I have no idea why they care if it's streaming on Disney.
@DeadlyBiscu1t I mean, they did Heavenly Delusions, which had a lot of sexual themes, and soft nudity in it, so I don't think I would be worried about this.
Oct 6, 2023 3:09 PM

Jun 2014
The first few minutes had me thinking I was watching the wrong show lol.

That was a fun first episode and I already like the dynamic between Andy and Fuko. A girl with a mysterious power that brings death and a guy who can't die. That's a good recipe for some wacky funny stuff. And damn, if a simple kiss on the cheek causes a meteorite to come crashing down then I can't even imagine what would happen if someone were to do it with Fuko lol. I knew Andy's perverted ass was going to bring that up too 💀

During the important cuts and action sequences, you could definitely tell that the staff for this also worked on DavidPro's other shounen hit, Fire Force, with how similar the sakuga is between the two. This series is in good hands.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 6, 2023 3:12 PM
Apr 2021
DAVID IS DOING THIS JUSTICE AND IM SO HAPPYYYYYY😫😫😫😫🥰

The animation was top tier when Andy was regenerating and they did Fuuko’s character perfectly I loved her with long hair🤩 but short hair is just as fine + she’ll grow it back later in the series. Cant wait to see how David does this in future episodes🔥🔥
Oct 6, 2023 3:17 PM

Apr 2021
Laughing out loud is a great indicator for me that this is gonna be great ride. The emphasis on absurdity will be one of the best aspects of this show. But their chemistry is also instantly tangible.

I'm so glad David Productions picked it up.

Oct 6, 2023 3:17 PM
May 2022
I’ve read the first few chapters of the manga and not the hugest on it so far. But the animation and voice acting really make it a lot more enjoyable here. It’s pretty fun and the jokes land better.
Oct 6, 2023 3:32 PM

May 2010
This was much better than I expected
Oct 6, 2023 3:45 PM

Jul 2015
They literally have Havik in this anime lol

Oct 6, 2023 4:02 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to Jackson1333
@DeadlyBiscu1t I mean, they did Heavenly Delusions, which had a lot of sexual themes, and soft nudity in it, so I don't think I would be worried about this.
@Jackson1333 That's what I'm saying, I've never heard of them ever doing that with anime, but that is the only reason I could think of why they would want it to be on Disney. It's not like most of us don't sail the 7 seas anyway.
Oct 6, 2023 4:21 PM
Aug 2012
Absolutly great, not a single flaw.
Oct 6, 2023 4:52 PM
Nov 2020
Someone please tell me what the song playing in the opening scene was. It sounded like Mili but I’d like to know what it is
Oct 6, 2023 4:54 PM

Dec 2020
oh this is gonna be fun as HELL
Oct 6, 2023 4:58 PM
May 2020
Reply to FMmatron
Another Jump series, another great start. The ridiculous premise of a girl who brings misfortune to anyone touching her paired with an immortal guy is a neat recipe for fun dynamics. I'm looking forward to see certain character arcs animated which stood out. The power system and abilities here also differ from the standard battle shounen fare, let alone the other action series we tend to get.

Glad this is 24 episodes long. This season may cover content past where I stopped reading the manga.
@FMmatron Yo it's gonna be 24 episodes long?? That's fucking sick as it'll cover a ton of cool stuff including Rip,
, Unknown, Shen's arc, the 4-season UMAs and maybe even up to the introduction of (volume 11 spoiler)
Oct 6, 2023 5:35 PM

Apr 2022
eh it was alright, not a fan of how much screaming and crying this has, that's annoying. but already a better start than the manga because the art there is just fine ig but the animation here is pretty solid, so that's my only saving grace so far. i knew anime-onlys were gonna be confused by the opening scene lol.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

107 by Tennouji »»
Sep 9, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

99 by SmasherDie »»
Aug 27, 6:29 AM

» New sequel officially announced!!!

Dbagas8 - Jul 31

17 by KursedArcana »»
Aug 25, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ptipana2077 - Jan 12

95 by romzanalimohon »»
Aug 19, 1:47 AM

» "UNDEAD UNLUCK" Anime Account Will Reveal IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT on August 1

deg - Jul 25

18 by deg »»
Jul 31, 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.