Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2022 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, Yuuhi and his dream. Did he really expect a kiss with Samidare? They're getting along quite well though.

Shinonome showed up this episode and looked to have some fun. Looks like he has some decent combat skills during his fight with Samidare.
Jul 22, 2022 1:02 PM
Oct 2016
Very emotional episode as Yuuhi faced his grandfather once again. Those chains still wrapped around Yuuhi even after separating himself from his grandfather. Seeing him again brought back all those dark feelings Yuuhi had buried over the past months. His grandfather apologising was something I didn't fully expect. Having been with Yuuhi aunt and cousin since he left, the grandfather has now seen how human interaction can be a good thing. Honestly after how Yuuhi father was killed by his own police partner and his mother had that mental breakdown it's easy to see why the grandfather became so bitter towards humanity. Taking it out on Yuuhi wasn't the right thing to do but I understand why he would feel that way. The chains were probably a twisted way of the grandfather showing Yuuhi he loved him, after the father had been betrayed by his own partner the reasoning behind the grandfather warding Yuuhi off was to protect him from that same fate. Yuuhi I think now can understand his grandfather better and while not forgive him still on the same hand not want his grandfather to suffer and die right now. Samidare appearing in those dream sequences was funny. Keeping Yuuhi from going too far into despair. This new guy Hangetsu doesn't seem to be messing around.
Jul 22, 2022 1:37 PM
Jul 2022
I love the justice man and his doggy they're so funny
Jul 22, 2022 3:26 PM

Nov 2016
Hangetsu the hero of justice strikes me as the type of guy who doesn't fit in this series, but I like him.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 22, 2022 5:16 PM

May 2021
About time we met more people involved in this. Good combat skills, our MC sure could use those.

Jul 22, 2022 7:39 PM

Jun 2017
Welp, Yuuhi sure got over that grandpa PTSD fast...but at least he got a nice dream kiss. lmao
Jul 22, 2022 8:40 PM
Tsumi To Kisei

Nov 2021

this episode made me think again about the series a bit because frankly I didn't like the first two episodes very much, because they treated the series in a more comic than serious way but in this episode thanks to the situation of the protagonist with his grandfather it really made me think again. but the introduction of the new character personally made me really disgusting
Jul 22, 2022 9:43 PM

Jan 2021
I hope the story can make up for it because the production quality is mediocre at best.

Jul 22, 2022 10:02 PM

Jun 2021
Damn dude, the guy’s dad got double crossed by his partner and murdered and his mom had a mental break and dipped? No wonder the grandpa broke. But 10 years of that kind of hell under his grandpa explains a lot about Yuuhi. I’m glad he could come to terms with some of those complicated feelings.

Hangetsu and Ludo seem like an interesting pair. Not sure what their deal is yet. Are they gonna be allies or are Yuuhi and the Princess gonna have to fight them at some point? But anyways, Neu seems to have done this whole knight thing before, I wonder who it was that he had tried to make a pact with before if indeed there was someone else. He mentioned failing once before after all.

I’m actually quite enjoying this. From what I can see, I might be one of the few people on this planet that like the anime lol.
Jul 22, 2022 11:32 PM

Oct 2010
very good episode, I love the pacing, no wonder Yuuhi wants to destroy the world. The kiss was really cute, too bad it was in the dream world.
Hangetsu appears and refused panty shot again, he's as funny as I remember from reading the manga.
Jul 23, 2022 1:07 AM
May 2021
New character is strong but I'm not that impress by him.

I don't think the animation can be fix now but I think this anime needs some good OST.
Jul 23, 2022 1:10 AM

May 2016
After the boring Episode 1, I think Episode 2 and 3 kinda brought me back. It was far more enjoyable. They changed up a few scenes probably to safe time. I think it would have been better if we saw Yuuhi's grandpa lecture him in his dream instead of Yuuhi infodumbing it just to Nui.
Otherwise they are pretty enjoyable and a massive improvement ironically from that awful first episode. Still nowhere near the level of the manga.

The dog looks very out of place however.
Jul 23, 2022 1:43 AM

Jun 2009
They actually cut out Shinonome's introduction joke? 0/10 and dropped.

Seriously though, what's up with that? If you leave out all the little tidbits of comedy the series just loses quite a bit of it's charme. It's like the creators are saying "this is not supposed to be fun, guys".
Jul 23, 2022 2:53 AM

Jul 2017
Amamiya definitely felt the guilt of being raised by his strict grandfather, and honestly, would be better off dead as well. His family on the other hand, is a case of disappearances and deaths, and while his grandpa raised him, it was a mental torture of his growing-up years losing his loved ones, that he would help Samidare fulfill her wish of destroying the world.

Yet again, the Golem-of-the-week appears to catch Amamiya by surprise, and sent him into his recurring dream with Samidare requesting help from her about getting out of his chains, and this is his chance to overcome his own ordeal. And thus so, even if Amamiya couldn't completely forgive his grandpa, at least asking Neu to save his life to complete the pact is everything.

Amamiya's dreams become more infectious, and that makes it even so with the introduction of Shinonome Hangetsu and his Dog Knight Ludo Chevalier, an ally of justice who's adept at ancient martial arts. This is no time to stand still, but yet to grow stronger, and the kiss as a reassurance as Lucifer's right hand.

This is just the start.
Jul 23, 2022 5:18 AM

Oct 2015
This series gets weirder and weirder. We had grandfather issues, a new character, a near death experience by a dorky golem, a kiss, all to be at Lucifer's right hand.

The hammer was insignificant this time around.

🤔🤔
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 23, 2022 5:52 AM

Jan 2020
I'm a fan of Yuuhi's character development. That unfiltered, non-specific angst. I guess I'm just a sucker for boys like me who were talked down to, isolated, and are angry at the world about it.

Samidare's chu face was cute. I almost made it my new avatar.

Where I was sort of on the fence with the previous ones, I can definitively say I enjoyed this episode. Seems like we're finally getting our footing with the story. The pacing is pretty good too; Yuuhi manages to defeat a golem, we get some character development, and there was even a forceful kiss. It's always nice to see series that don't shamelessly wave what the audience wants in front of them but just out of reach.

Not sure how I feel about Hangetsu at the moment -- but he doesn't quite seem to be the paragon of justice he so brazenly flaunted, so there's that.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 23, 2022 6:54 AM

Oct 2008
hmmm not sure anymore...looks like the director is playing with the script suddenly changing from drama then rinse repeat not sure if rush or too slow...something's wrong...
2/5.

Jul 23, 2022 7:29 AM

Dec 2014
I don't know, I checked it out because the manga was pretty well rated but I'm just completely disinterested at this point. Probably gonna drop.
Jul 23, 2022 9:47 AM

Jan 2017
This episode started really bad. I cannot express how much I hate scenes like that. Absolutely no one would react in the same way as Yuuhi did. This "I ran out from the hospital room screaming and crying, muttering myself reee" is one of the lamest anime tropes. Cringed hard.
After that it wasn't that bad. The dreams were cool, the new character seems interesting, altho after seeing the amount of praise the manga gets I expected a bit more, this is enjoyable nothing special so far.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Jul 23, 2022 11:54 AM

Feb 2021
How many more episodes before I can review this garbage
Jul 23, 2022 8:44 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode, the character development here was top notch.
Jul 24, 2022 9:53 AM

Mar 2018
FMmatron said:
Hangetsu the hero of justice strikes me as the type of guy who doesn't fit in this series, but I like him.

Think Kamina from Gurren Lagann, he carries the story to new and overall better places.
Jul 24, 2022 9:59 AM

Mar 2018
commonxreaction said:
I'm a fan of Yuuhi's character development. That unfiltered, non-specific angst. I guess I'm just a sucker for boys like me who were talked down to, isolated, and are angry at the world about it.

Samidare's chu face was cute. I almost made it my new avatar.

Where I was sort of on the fence with the previous ones, I can definitively say I enjoyed this episode. Seems like we're finally getting our footing with the story. The pacing is pretty good too; Yuuhi manages to defeat a golem, we get some character development, and there was even a forceful kiss. It's always nice to see series that don't shamelessly wave what the audience wants in front of them but just out of reach.

Not sure how I feel about Hangetsu at the moment -- but he doesn't quite seem to be the paragon of justice he so brazenly flaunted, so there's that.

Even in the manga, the series started a bit slow. Hangetsu is a character really helps the structure of the narrative as he pushes a lot of interesting ideas onto our protagonists that they'd have to come to terms with. This is a Coming of Age story at its core, and his experience and age give more nuanced perspectives compared to the very idealistic viewpoints of Samidare and Yuuhi. I can confidently say you'll come to have Hangetsu as a favorite by the time the story ends.
Jul 24, 2022 10:01 AM

Nov 2016
RobinLopez said:
FMmatron said:

Think Kamina from Gurren Lagann, he carries the story to new and overall better places.

Since you said Kamina

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 24, 2022 10:06 AM

Mar 2018
FMmatron said:
RobinLopez said:

Since you said Kamina

Jul 24, 2022 4:24 PM

Jul 2021
grandy_UiD said:
They actually cut out Shinonome's introduction joke? 0/10 and dropped.

Seriously though, what's up with that? If you leave out all the little tidbits of comedy the series just loses quite a bit of it's charme. It's like the creators are saying "this is not supposed to be fun, guys".

IKR! As much as I love this manga... this adaptation is absolutely killing me °(°ˊДˋ°) °
I was looking forward to Shinonome's introduction and it was so poorly animated too...
Jul 24, 2022 4:25 PM

Jul 2021
jahver said:

If you like the plot.... I recommend reading the manga.... bcs this adaptation is disappointing
Jul 24, 2022 11:03 PM
May 2010
MomoSinX said:
Welp, Yuuhi sure got over that grandpa PTSD fast...but at least he got a nice dream kiss. lmao

Eh, just because you don't want someone to die doesn't mean you like them or are over any trauma involving them. I saw it more that he valued his cousin's relationship with his grandpa even though he could never have anything close to that.
Jul 25, 2022 7:08 PM

Feb 2021
nashpika said:
jahver said:

If you like the plot.... I recommend reading the manga.... bcs this adaptation is disappointing

I have read the maga, it's one of my favorites.
Jul 26, 2022 2:32 PM

Nov 2021
I am enjoying the anime, i know they removed a lot of pantsu shots and such that are in the manga which hey, it sucks but...it is to be expected sadly
I am more interested in Samidare's sister anyway tbh 😁

The new guy tho....i hate him already lol based on how he introduced himself and i don't mean the skirt thing they didn't even show but was pretty obvious what happened in the manga
I really dislike this kind of annoying, cocky, arrogant personality, can't say i am looking forward to his inclusion
Same goes for the dog
They just seem pathetic but who knows, maybe i will be proven wrong...about the dog
Jul 27, 2022 2:48 AM

Dec 2015
Between the awful production qualities, how much it either misses out from the manga or weirdly reorders, this is bordering on unwatchable to me. I am not really watching anything else weekly, so I am still setting the time aside for it for something to do, but if I ever fell behind on this, I wouldn't have any issue dropping this.
Aug 12, 2022 8:46 AM

May 2020
Felt like plenty of things transpired this time around, we went from wrapping Yuuhi's PTSD to meeting a new knight. And well got a kiss on our way too.

Expecting things to pick up from here on.
Aug 13, 2022 6:41 PM

Nov 2021
To say fairly, this show is pure shit, characters are not even interesting... plot is bad, and story is ridiculous, dropped.
Aug 21, 2022 5:29 AM
Apr 2022
gramp is gonna die due to old age anyway. he just wasted his wish. so sad.
Sep 25, 2022 10:01 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I do appreciate and understand how they made sense of why Yuuhi is the way he is. Kinda meh about the whole crushing on this child thing though. lol

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 24, 2022 4:13 AM
Jul 2022
sangat seru, walapun di awal cerita jelek
Dec 27, 2022 10:07 AM

Jul 2015
What happened to Yuuhi's parents is sad but in my opinion does nowhere near serve as excuse for what his grandpa did for 10 whole years to Yuuhi.

Mar 24, 2023 12:12 AM

Feb 2021
That dog warrior looks compromising than the MC XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 28, 3:22 PM

Jan 2016
I have so many ??? to give
I'll limit myself to one comment that was ruined by wasteing single wish to save that scumbag:
The grandfather prior to parents death loved him, and recently loved him. He does not deserve forgiveness for what happened, but YOU THE VICTIM deserve to recover. Resentment is a horrible thing to go along with the PTSD, it's icing on the cake he got an apology too, but forgiveness can make one be able to move forward better from the past.

May 24, 11:27 PM
Jun 2022
It's Missing Some Simple Buildup . They R Just Throwing Random Things At Us . Well , Done After Episode 6 Anyway . So , Next Episode!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2022

48 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2022

43 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2022

30 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 3:14 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

53 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2022

146 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.