Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 15, 2022 10:43 AM

Nov 2011
The monster designs actually looks menacing now that I think about it. Samidare continues to prove herself as hothead with her fighting style. Yuuhi was lucky she came along to help.

Not going to lie, I do like the way they're developing Samidare and Yuuhi's relationship so far.
Jul 15, 2022 12:33 PM
Sep 2015
Reminds me of MÄR
Jul 15, 2022 12:48 PM
Oct 2016
As we saw those chains wrap around Yuuhi throughout the episode I didnt expect them to be literal chains he'd experienced before. His own grandpa chaining him up for days, forcibly make Yuuhi never want friends. That's truly horrible to hear Yuuhi went through that and it's followed him for so long. Makes sense why he'd not want to return to see his grandpa even if he's in the hospital. Samidare seems to be having a positive influence on Yuuhi, him following her as the princess has made Yuuhi open up more. Getting to eat meals with other people enjoying each others company and having fun. Yuuhi striving to become stronger for Samidare so she doesn't have to keep saving him. Its great to see the two of them bond and become closer at the start of this story, it'll make the later high octane parts with more of the cast feel more genuine. Yuuhi definitely has some things to work through so glad that Samidare is there to help and push him when need be.
Jul 15, 2022 12:54 PM

Jul 2020
So the man chained up his own grandson lol that was brutal and unexpected.
I also like the way the princess casually talks about destroying the Earth cuz she doesn't want to share it with others. It's nice to see a character who doesn't care about "saving the world from the ultimate evil for the sake of greater good" for a change.
Jul 15, 2022 1:41 PM

Jan 2020
For Yuuhi having a bit of a tragic backstory, he's surprisingly well adjusted. You'd think someone who was told not to get close to anyone, not to love or bet loved, would be a lot more withdrawn.

There are still just a lot of questions, but it looks like Yuuhi is beginning to grasp his power more and more. No idea where this is going though.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 15, 2022 2:12 PM

Nov 2016
Yuuhi's flashback made me think of my grand-grandma. She always used to tell me that everyone is a criminal and that I should have no friends, lmao.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 15, 2022 2:23 PM

Mar 2013
Why are they slightly changing the story while also gimping on the animation?
Jul 15, 2022 2:34 PM

Oct 2011
fighting so far has been worst part of the show lol

also the chain thing got tiresome when you've seen it 4-5 times already

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jul 15, 2022 2:57 PM
Mar 2018
commonxreaction said:
For Yuuhi having a bit of a tragic backstory, he's surprisingly well adjusted. You'd think someone who was told not to get close to anyone, not to love or bet loved, would be a lot more withdrawn.

There are still just a lot of questions, but it looks like Yuuhi is beginning to grasp his power more and more. No idea where this is going though.

This is also a thing in the manga, he really is surprisingly well-off.

Dignity said:

No idea, dialogue is really weird lol
Jul 15, 2022 3:04 PM

Mar 2018
This is so ass, its bad enough that Hoshi No Samidare has a mediocre start but couple that with the fact that the directing and pacing is so off and weird little unneeded changes from the manga make this such a disappointment.
Jul 15, 2022 4:27 PM

Feb 2016
Might be the minority here, but I'm really enjoying this anime thus far. The animation isn't good, granted, but the fact that it even got an anime in the first place is already good enough. I think its doing an okay job, even as a manga reader. Asahina's seiyuu sounds super cute too.
Jul 15, 2022 5:11 PM
Jun 2015
I am too enjoying the anime....why does it have so much hate!? I thought it was going to be so underrated but it seems to be very popular on been crap on. Why?
Jul 15, 2022 5:30 PM

Jun 2017
Not a super interesting episode but it was alright. Hopefully Yuuhi can get over his asshole gramps. lol
Jul 15, 2022 5:32 PM

Jul 2015
I'm kinda enjoying Comically Oversized Mallet anime.
Mostly because it has two of my favourite VA + Megane Waifu.

Jul 15, 2022 5:51 PM

Jul 2007
Dignity said:

They aren't doing any of that. It is all in your paranoid delusions and agenda to push this anime as "bad".
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jul 15, 2022 6:41 PM
May 2021
No use in complaining about adaptation now atleast it is more enjoyable than rent a girlfriend so far.
Jul 15, 2022 7:46 PM
Jul 2021
Daibaka123 said:
I am too enjoying the anime....why does it have so much hate!? I thought it was going to be so underrated but it seems to be very popular on been crap on. Why?

A legendary manga deserves a legendary adaptation. Mediocrity of this level doesn't really deserve any attention. Watch it and enjoy if you like, but everyone who loves the manga is going to think this is a joke of an anime because the production value is so low. It doesn't even have the songs by The Pillows that are referenced by things like the Biscuit Hammer itself.

I'd go as far as to guess that the reason they managed to land voice talent so great is because they wanted to be in the adaptation of this manga. It sucks that the people in charge of the production had no love for it.

Edit: The second episode doesn't fumble anything that badly in terms of animation, but it does remove Yuuhi's dumbass "Always open the wrong door hoping for an 'event-o' " logic, which kinda takes away from his character. They still show Hisame behind the door anyway, so it really seems like they're trying to write out his ironic pervert act.
ReelensJul 15, 2022 7:58 PM
Jul 15, 2022 8:03 PM

Sep 2018
All I hear is Uzaki-chan, it's off putting and sounds weird when she's being sincere lol
Jul 15, 2022 9:30 PM

Jun 2021
Yuuhi’s grandpa really messed with his head, man. The grandpa must have been mentally unwell chaining the kid up like that. Understandably traumatized the guy. I can kind of see why the character’s got this very “dead” personality. I don’t think it’s poor voice acting, it kinda fits the character. But anyways, at least he’s got his little lizard homie now. Those two have really hit it off!

Man, Sami is insane. She cleared a river in a single bound and chucked a car lol. She’s a monster! I’m glad her and Yuuhi met, she’s gonna be good for him.

Not bad for a second ep. Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I’ve been enjoying this show. Idk the source material so maybe that’s why. Anyway, I’m looking forward to next week.
Jul 15, 2022 9:40 PM
Mar 2015
Grandpa really is a douche bag
Jul 15, 2022 10:18 PM

May 2019
The fight scenes and the overall shots look really awful here and don't have any sense of flow in them. The monsters are not that good either maybe there will be more interesting villains later on. Decent characterization and heavy emotional burden from abusive grandpa. Kinda want to know more about the grandpa and hopefully not some edgy background for the MC. It's a decent watch if you watch it for the actual story and aren't really bothered by its animation quality.

Jul 15, 2022 10:42 PM

Mar 2014
More nonsensical rewrites, cut content, and still looks ugly as sin. It's only going to get worse.
Jul 15, 2022 11:53 PM

Oct 2010
they kept the kick like in the trailer, well it was to be expected. I'm surprised we saw onee-san panties. A good episode, can't wait to finish Yuuhi's mini-arc then start with the gritty stuff with the other knights
Jul 16, 2022 3:09 AM
Apr 2022
The episode is good. It reveals more towards our MC's past.
The only problem is that the fighting scenes can be animated much better.
Jul 16, 2022 6:12 AM

Mar 2013
EndlessMaria said:
Dignity said:

They aren't doing any of that. It is all in your paranoid delusions and agenda to push this anime as "bad".

They did, they literally cut off character development dreams that Yuuhi has as well as a cat rescue scene which leads to someone finding out he has powers lmao
Jul 16, 2022 8:27 AM
Feb 2018
Long live Jahy Sama, long live Shinpachi.
Jul 16, 2022 10:29 AM
Jan 2015
I think I will read manga instead tbh. Production value of 1st episode was beyond abysmal and now people talk about story change and setup was the only good thing so far...
Jul 16, 2022 12:07 PM
Sep 2020
Dignity said:
It's better that way.
Jul 16, 2022 4:14 PM

Jul 2021
Cant wait for the story to progress and other characters to show up >///<
Jul 16, 2022 4:15 PM

Jul 2021
Vizvezdenec said:
I think I will read manga instead tbh. Production value of 1st episode was beyond abysmal and now people talk about story change and setup was the only good thing so far...

I highly suggest reading the manga tbh
Jul 16, 2022 6:32 PM

Oct 2008
i feel sorry for the Original Creator because of the horrendous Studio adapting this series...especially the animation department...(facepalm)
3/5.

Jul 16, 2022 7:29 PM

Dec 2016
Those golems kinda look like something Uramichi-oniisan would draw XD

Sami's reason for wanting to destroy the planet is quite childish. But I'll let it slide cuz the whole plot is pretty childish to begin with.

That's some weird grandfather. He was probably ditched by his ‘friend’.
Jul 17, 2022 12:37 AM

May 2015
Dignity said:
EndlessMaria said:

They did, they literally cut off character development dreams that Yuuhi has as well as a cat rescue scene which leads to someone finding out he has powers lmao

Dude is a dumbass troll. Don't bother.

Jul 17, 2022 8:52 AM
Oct 2021
2nd episode and the lizard is still cute
Jul 17, 2022 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
At this point, I'm just watching this show for the Lizard pet lols, he's such a hilarity.

For now, Yuuhi under the tutelage of Samidare, he's slowly coping with his powers in order to defeat the monsters soon. His own world that got clashed with his own grandpa's feud, as well as Samidare's proposition to destroy the Biscuit Hammer to have her own world in her own control.

Also, the monster-of-the-week formula sets in pretty quick, and Samidare took care of it cleanly (just not with the signature panty shots, which are pretty much removed in the anime for censorship values). But fior yuuhi, the bonding chains made him pretty much vulnerable, and for a kid that pretty much has his childhood stifled by his grandfather, and entrusting his life to Samidare is the only option that he'll escape from his retched life.

Just looking at where the story will go now...
Jul 17, 2022 12:24 PM
Jan 2015
matias067 said:
i feel sorry for the Original Creator because of the horrendous Studio adapting this series...especially the animation department...(facepalm)
3/5.
the thing is that they can make reasonable animation (ID: invaded for example) but it seems like this has a budget of mcdonalds lunch
Jul 17, 2022 12:32 PM
Jul 2021
Vizvezdenec said:
matias067 said:
3/5.
the thing is that they can make reasonable animation (ID: invaded for example) but it seems like this has a budget of mcdonalds lunch

When a studio has multiple teams, the quality tends to very more. In this case this was handed to, not their A team, not their B team, but possibly their C team?
Jul 17, 2022 1:33 PM

Jun 2017
Vizvezdenec said:
matias067 said:
3/5.

That's a pity, ID: Invaded was sick af.
Jul 18, 2022 9:31 AM

May 2021
Amamiya's development may be a bit unsubtle but I like its simplicity. Guy has stumbled upon an exciting chapter in his life but cannot enjoy it to the fullest because of the metaphorical chains of his grandpa holding him back.

Mixed feelings on Asahina though. Her motivations are hard to believe and frankly ridiculous but I like the fact that she's breaking Amamiya's chains.

I cannot forgive her throwing the car though. Imagine what the poor guy is going to go through when he comes back and sees his car destroyed across the river. What is he going to explain to insurance, huh?

Jul 18, 2022 12:39 PM
Nov 2021
Liked the episode besides the mc's trauma and the princess's solution to said trauma. Ig it makes sense to have trauma from what happened, but he doesnt really give the vibe of traumatized generally. Without the "oh no I feel chains" moments, you would never know.
Lowkey though where did she get the car?
Jul 18, 2022 10:01 PM

Jan 2020
Well, it was somewhat better than ep 1, but still disappointing. Oh well, I’ve accepted the fact that one of my favourite manga got a sh*t adaptation and I’ll just have to tough it out and watch it I guess
Jul 20, 2022 6:39 AM

Dec 2015
I gave the first episode the benefit of the doubt, but yeah this adaptation is pretty bad so far. I don't wanna be lumped in with the "just read the manga" crowds as I don't like them either, but when I see a manga I enjoyed - a manga I waited years to see adapted - turned into what borders on a power point presentation at times, I just can't help but feel really sad.
Jul 20, 2022 9:12 AM

Oct 2015
For a knight Yuuhi is useless, making me questioned why Sami recruited him in the first place. The fact that she's more stronger than him makes it more confusing. Maybe the show's plot is a metaphor of Yuuhi's confidence and self esteem.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 23, 2022 12:17 AM

Jun 2009
Not much action so the animation couldn't drag it down too much. Actually a decent episode.

Massive changes to the order of things again, but I'll just do my best to overlook that from now on for the sake of really wanting to enjoy it after all.
grandy_UiDJul 23, 2022 12:26 AM
Jul 23, 2022 10:16 PM

Oct 2018
Reelens said:
Vizvezdenec said:

When a studio has multiple teams, the quality tends to very more. In this case this was handed to, not their A team, not their B team, but possibly their C team?

I'm pretty sure this is getting outsourced to studio Jumondo. Most of the ID Invaded staff was working on Sabikui Bisco, which apparently had it's first episode outsourced to Naz.
Jul 31, 2022 9:11 PM

Aug 2018
I remember somebody said they got mad because this went to a romantic route in the end so i started watching this and this already in episode 2 has romantic undertones LOL that person is crazy. I like the episode overall it has early 2000's feel to it.
Aug 3, 2022 10:04 AM
Oct 2019
so she actually wants to destroy the world. well that's weird af. and this kid is just ok with her saying that

mc is traumatized because he had a psycho grandfather who locked him up in chains lmao. that's hilarious now that i think about it. enemy's are bad. friends are worse haha. i guess this will have a meaning eventually. but for now it just makes me dislike the character some more

i'm gonna put this on hold. idk
Aug 12, 2022 8:11 AM

May 2020
Animation is ass but the rest was okay.

Can't blame Yuuhi having second thoughts over visiting his grandpa, because the way we saw it in those flashbacks it's easy enough to guess the kind of childhood he had. Though still he's going for now.

Also yeah those weren't complete push-ups Sami xD
Oct 6, 2022 8:42 AM
Apr 2020
me gusto, no le tenia fe
Oct 7, 2022 5:25 PM

Oct 2016
I'm not one to pay attention to visuals that much, but in this series thet're a major problem, they're just pathetic. And also, the sound effects are weak and none of the seiyuus seem to fit the characters nor even try to act.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2022

48 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2022

43 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2022

30 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 3:14 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2022

39 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2022

146 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.