Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 7, 2022 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
It's back with an adorable theme song and I'm quite happy to see Yuuko back. Nothing really changed about this show or her personality even after all these years.

Looks like the time frame of this episode is around Summer time as their vacation is starting. It's a good opportunity for the cast to have some fun if you ask me. Good to see this anime back.
Apr 7, 2022 9:58 AM

Jul 2017
Season 1 was 2.5 years ago, yet feels like nothing changed, which is still pretty good AFAIK and remember.

Shadow Mistress Yuko "Shamiko" Yoshida and Magical Girl Momo Chiyoda are back, and so are the rest of the character cast, especially Ancestor Lilith in her statue form...and so is Shamiko's endless challenge duels to Momo that delves in the fun.

The magical girl Mikan coming to live with Shamiko's run-down apartment to seek reprisal of the Chiyoda sisters of magical girls Momo and the missing Sakura to find the reason why Shamiko's father is sealed away to the Daddy mikan box, that's the new plan.

Haha yelp, Mikan, Shamiko and Momo are now neighbours, and Mikan still loves her citrus flavours while they have a Sukiyaki party, and this is a luxury for Shamiko.

A nice return. Don't give up, Shamiko!
KANLen09Apr 7, 2022 10:53 AM
Apr 7, 2022 11:15 AM

Nov 2016
This is it, yes this hits the spot. It's a delight to have Shamiko and the gang back.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 7, 2022 11:17 AM

Aug 2018
Great episode and exactly what I was hoping it would be.
Apr 7, 2022 11:30 AM

Sep 2020
Was the pacing always this fast? still enjoyable episode though
Apr 7, 2022 11:33 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It’s nice to finally have this back! It’s just healing at its highest order, this show. All the snappy remarks and the heartwarming interaction between these characters, I’ve missed this.

Shamiko’s challenge being presented in a cute envelope and containing nothing but gibberish pretty much just describes her, really. Momo treating this as a fun endeavour and just having a blast to the point of forcing Shamiko to rethink things was hilarious.

Mikan’s moment were great additions, it’s amazing how the three have become neighbours in the middle of ruins. Momo’s loneliness is serious, lmao.

Shamiko’s mother nearly using her husband as a chopping board was hilarious. She was one of my fav characters from the first season and it seems like she isn’t dropping in that list anytime soon. Food looked really delicious, I kind of want sukiyaki now too. I’m not sure about adding lemon to juice though.

A weird thing I noticed this episode was regarding Shamiko’s tail. Was it always that big, xD?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 7, 2022 11:40 AM
Jan 2021
Shamiko is back with a damn good OP! although this episode was quite fast pace it was enjoyable and cute!

cant wait for next episode!
Apr 7, 2022 11:42 AM

Feb 2020
I'm so happy they are back! I missed my sweethearts so much!

Nothing has changed, but unfortunately the same goes with the fast pacing. The characters are still talking too fast which is pretty annoying.

Nevertheless, this was a really nice episode. For me, this was one of the most anticipated shows of this season.

Cute nekos. =^_^=

SerafosYesterday, 7:15 AM
Apr 7, 2022 11:57 AM

Feb 2014
Why do anime these days feel like they're made by a bunch of schizos with ADHD? This episode had no proper set up, atmosphere, decent pacing, even for a comedy anime. It was just one shot after another of characters rambling non-stop. It was like I was watching a series of retarded Tik Tok videos. The 2nd season of Dragon Maid was no different. Has social media rotted the brains of even anime writers and directors? Or are they now designing anime for the Tik Tok addicted ADHD zoomer generation with the attention span of a goldfish?
Apr 7, 2022 12:05 PM

Oct 2017
This was a very fun start, interactions between Shamiko and Momo are as amusing as always. Things will be real fun this season with Mikan and Momo now living next door.

Glad to have this anime back.
Apr 7, 2022 12:16 PM
Nov 2016
Blitzorr said:

That's what I was thinking. Felt like 1.5x speed. There were 5 things happening at the same time the whole episode.
Apr 7, 2022 12:21 PM

Feb 2020
martin12165 said:
Blitzorr said:

That's what I was thinking. Felt like 1.5x speed. There were 5 things happening at the same time the whole episode.

Nothing has changed.. I mean, the first season was exactly like this.
Apr 7, 2022 1:22 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's still kinda hard to follow with that fast pacing indeed lol, that's why I don't regret having re-watched the anime yesterday, and that's also why I can tell so far nothing changed at all, it directly started with the last scene of ep 12 between Momo and Shamiko on the riverside, nice start for the 2nd season I suppose
Apr 7, 2022 1:38 PM

Jan 2019
Machikado Mazoku remains just as adorable and fun as the first season. And also just as fast.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Apr 7, 2022 2:28 PM
Feb 2018
Not bad hopefully they dub it soon
Apr 7, 2022 2:33 PM

Aug 2013
Paladin23 said:

Imagine watching it dubbed. Holy cow.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 7, 2022 2:35 PM

Jul 2020
I have only one thing to say.

Ganbare, Shamiko!
Apr 7, 2022 3:02 PM

Jul 2015
The time hath come.

Two and a half years, but Shamiko returns.

Apr 7, 2022 3:12 PM
Ichigo Parfait
Oct 2015
So happy that the fast-paced dialogue and excellent voice acting has returned. One thing though, has the animation quality gone down? I've noticed a lot more static scenes which is vaguely offputting. Still, it was an enjoyable episode. Next one should be great.
Apr 7, 2022 3:15 PM
Ichigo Parfait
Oct 2015
Vhailor said:
Why do anime these days feel like they're made by a bunch of schizos with ADHD? This episode had no proper set up, atmosphere, decent pacing, even for a comedy anime. It was just one shot after another of characters rambling non-stop. It was like I was watching a series of retarded Tik Tok videos. The 2nd season of Dragon Maid was no different. Has social media rotted the brains of even anime writers and directors? Or are they now designing anime for the Tik Tok addicted ADHD zoomer generation with the attention span of a goldfish?

Never heard a worse take on an anime. Have you watched the first season? This, first of all, is the style of the director. The same thing goes for Saiki K. Personally I love the fast pace, if you can't keep up I think that says more about you than it does the show—it's not so fast paced that it's difficult.

The show also adapta a 4-panel comic which is naturlly quite fast paced and revolving around one shots ANYWAY, so you claiming this is about attention span is stupid. Seriously it would have taken less than a minute to figure out it's adapted from a 4-panel comic. And, less than that to realise this is just the director's style.
Apr 7, 2022 3:16 PM

Jul 2014
I'm impressed at how perfectly this follows on from where season 1 left off; it feels like this show never left, with this show perfectly matching the tone and energy of season 1.

And from the OP alone I can already tell exactly how far this is going to get into the manga, and based on that I'm happy with how this season will be paced as it won't be much different from season 1 at all in that regard.
Apr 7, 2022 3:57 PM

Jan 2021
Oh my god this anime is so adorable im gonna explode
"Human potential for evolution is limitless. Steel Ball Run is not peak fiction it's beyond fiction and possibly even the pinnacle of human literature, an amalgamation of all the masterpieces "
-The Ruler of this universe
Apr 7, 2022 4:21 PM

Jun 2017
Finally S2 that was peak awesomeness.

martin12165 said:
Blitzorr said:

I think it's because the source is a 4-koma manga and that has so many chapters they literally can't adapt it slow paced.

I am actually very impressed the VAs don't run out of breath. LOL
Apr 7, 2022 4:31 PM

Apr 2008
This show always makes me so happy. Glad to have it back. Looks like a loooot is gonna happen based on the opening.
Apr 7, 2022 4:46 PM

Dec 2016
Speedrunners that watch anime on 2x speed are in shambles.

The 2.5 year wait is finally over and the loveable demongirl and her posee made a return.

With Momo & Mikan moving in to Shamiko's building, makes them look like a larger family under one roof, and their interactions as a whole are even funnier than before. Momo's deadpan jokes about overachieving in exercise routines are as good as ever, same with her goal to make Shamiko stronger for the greater good.
KimurahApr 8, 2022 5:10 AM
Apr 7, 2022 5:01 PM

Jun 2013
It's back with the same shenanigans
Apr 7, 2022 5:22 PM

Jan 2013
i missed Shadow Mistress Yuko so much T_T
Apr 7, 2022 5:29 PM
Mar 2015
Where can i watch it? I swear the 1st season was on crunchyroll or funi but cant seem to find it(the 2nd season i mean alreafy seen 1st)
Apr 7, 2022 5:40 PM

Sep 2020
It's finally back and it's glorious!
Apr 7, 2022 5:52 PM

Nov 2010
Although some people say the pace of dialogue is fast, it's still half the pace of "Teekyuu".
Apr 7, 2022 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
For some reason I wasn't expecting them to animated the weird cattle dance from when Shamiko zone'd out eating the beef xD

Also, Shamiko has a built in cat toy xD The true perk of being a succubus/demon.
Apr 7, 2022 6:06 PM
Aug 2017
Return of a masterpiece, will single-handedly carry my anime enjoyment for this season
Apr 7, 2022 6:26 PM
Jan 2015
Overall I feel a bit disappointed, it feels like it's a downgrade from S1. Watched it the other day.

1) There was a staggering reduction in voice actor sound effects.
2) The said sound effects have been replaced with generic sounding background music
3) It might be just this episode but it felt like a jumbled mess. It tried to have too many story points, resulting it non of it being coherent.
4)Hell even Yuuko's tail animation took a hit. That thing use to be a lot more active and expressive.
Apr 7, 2022 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
so glad this is back,fool of me thinking i could watch this somewhat tired but i soon remembered how fast pace everything is it's just zooming lol

Mikan just assuming they were going on a date is a good sign of of support for those two !
Apr 7, 2022 6:51 PM

Mar 2019
Forgot how much I missed this! Comedy gold.
Apr 7, 2022 7:06 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Soooooo glad Shami is back with us, and it was totally worth the wait! 🥰 This was me the entire time:

DemonChicken123 said:
This, first of all, is the style of the director. The same thing goes for Saiki K. Personally I love the fast pace, if you can't keep up I think that says more about you than it does the show—it's not so fast paced that it's difficult.

I’m very grateful to Sakurai-san and Saiki K. for forcing me to up my subtitle reading skills, especially with overlapping dialogue and on-screen signage, so now keeping up with Shamiko & Co. is no problem 😁

Venomouspsycho said:
Where can i watch it? I swear the 1st season was on crunchyroll or funi but cant seem to find it(the 2nd season i mean alreafy seen 1st)
Season 2 is exclusive to Hidive, just like Season 1 was… unless you go sailing ☺️
gappasaurusApr 7, 2022 7:14 PM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Apr 7, 2022 7:35 PM
Apr 2022
Ah yes ep 1 was awesome glad to see one of my favourite anime is back
Apr 7, 2022 8:37 PM

Aug 2020
After all the years passed it is finally back! Yuuko and Momo! the wholesome and cute demon girl and magical girl duo. One of the cutest CGDCT for me. Gonna be excited every week for this. Mikan looks better on this season, wow.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 8, 2022 4:03 AM

Oct 2007

scared Shamiko is cute! Glad this anime is back.

Momo showing a bit of jealousy when Mikan will be neighbors with Shamiko. The ancestor was thrown out. lol

looking forward to next episode. :)
Apr 8, 2022 6:18 AM

Jun 2014
Not that good of a episode.

The OP and ED are a downgrade. The OP and ED has some pretty nice visual though with a lot of foreshadow.

The pacing is too fast... 3 chapter per episode is just not feasible. I've never paused so much before and the voice acting is blazingly fast not letting a moment of respite. Furthermore theres a lot of backtracking because of how the first season ended and it was not handled that well, it was quite choppy.

Honestly I love machikado mazoku but I can't give this ep a good score. It has too many problem and it feels rushed.

Also this is my problem but because I've read the manga I've become so confused in this episode not remembering where the anime is at lol. Literally completely forgot what Mikan curse is about.

I'm hoping next episode we go back to 2 chapter per episode or it will be awful. Hopefully this season end up adapting 2 volume too, it would be a great pacing. I sincerely wish this doesnt try to cover 3 volume...

3/5
Apr 8, 2022 8:01 AM

Jul 2019
Ah yes, the weekly dose of Machikado Mazoku's hurricane of colours is served again.

To be honest, for me the pace of this episode was too fast, all the characters constantly gabbled and scenes changed each other as quickly as the twitches of Shamiko's tail. Nevertheless it was a time well spent, especially Mikan and Momo housewarming gags sequence.
Apr 8, 2022 11:12 AM

Jul 2016
Shamiko is back! Nice to see her interactions with Momo continue to be as amusing as I remember them.
Apr 8, 2022 11:16 AM

Dec 2013
T-T I'm so glad it is finally back, this show is top tier relaxing and comfy, the one "complain" I have is that the OP and ED aren't as good as the ones form 1st season but maybe they will grow on me.
KanameYuukiApr 8, 2022 11:23 AM
Apr 8, 2022 2:07 PM

Feb 2014
It's been almost 3 years, but I'm happy to see the adorable Yuko and the others back again for season 2! =)

One thing I'll have to get used to once more is the rather fast pacing. Despite that, the comedic moments still hit their target really well.

The jazz-like OP and the cutesy ED songs are nice, although i think season 1 had better OP/ED songs. The animations for this seasons OP/ED are very good, as are the visual quality for this episode, too. Overall, this was a nice episode and I look forward to more silly antics between Yuko and Momo, along with Mikan and Lilith, too. =D

Paladin23 said:

Sentai don't dub their airing anime as quickly as Crunchyroll, but I'm sure they'll have a dub for this second season soon enough and one of good quality, too. =3
Apr 8, 2022 6:51 PM

Jul 2011
Missed this show and it's rapid fire gags. Pretty nice start for the season.
Apr 8, 2022 7:56 PM
Aug 2019
I'll restart the manga because i don't remember almost anything of what happened last time lol. Either way, I missed hearing them way too much. I really didn't expected it to have a second season, but i'm really glad it did!!
Apr 9, 2022 3:30 AM

Sep 2010
Atavistic said:
I'm impressed at how perfectly this follows on from where season 1 left off; it feels like this show never left, with this show perfectly matching the tone and energy of season 1.

And from the OP alone I can already tell exactly how far this is going to get into the manga, and based on that I'm happy with how this season will be paced as it won't be much different from season 1 at all in that regard.
Actually kind of amusing how they replay the last scene from season 1 with some different perspectives, and a different tone since the ED isn't running as bgm behind it.
Then it actually resumes from this point, rather than leaving what happens immediately after Momo and Yuko meet up for the last time in S1 as an untold story.
Apr 9, 2022 6:44 AM

Sep 2016
2.5 years have passed, what have I been doing without Shamiko
Apr 9, 2022 11:45 AM
Sep 2021
What the fuck they ruined the hairclips scene. They turned one of the best scenes in the whole damn series into a generic gag sped past at light speed like it meant nothing.

Already off to a rocky start with one of the things I was most excited for becoming the biggest disappointment so far. I want to enjoy this season, but it's become a lot harder now that I can't stop wondering what else they might butcher.
Apr 9, 2022 11:45 AM
Sep 2021
What the fuck they ruined the hairclips scene. They turned one of the best scenes in the whole damn series into a generic gag sped past at light speed like it meant nothing.

Already off to a rocky start with one of the things I was most excited for becoming the biggest disappointment yet. I want to enjoy this season, but it's become a lot harder now that I can't stop wondering what else they might butcher.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku: 2-choume Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2022

55 by MUIGaryuu »»
May 6, 5:31 PM

» Where do people see all the "Yuri" in this anime?

whatever5464 - Jun 16, 2023

15 by IWatchAnime1337 »»
Jan 23, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku: 2-choume Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2022

35 by bushman66 »»
Jun 11, 2023 4:08 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku: 2-choume Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

21 by badabass »»
Apr 9, 2023 12:01 AM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku: 2-choume Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2022

22 by badabass »»
Apr 8, 2023 11:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.