Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 19, 2019 9:45 AM

Nov 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Uenoyama continues to be priceless, nice episode to end the season.

For those who wanna read the manga, this season adapts Chapter 1 to Chapter 15 (half way), a few scenes from Chapter 16 onwards with some anime only scenes.
Gardevoir101Sep 19, 2019 12:19 PM
Sep 19, 2019 1:19 PM

Feb 2019
Uenoyama's reaction to Mafuyu's confession was hilarious! But it was cute how they went about announcing it to their band members. Can't wait to hear what Mafuyu's second song would be about.
Sep 19, 2019 1:28 PM
Jul 2019
Sad it had to end, but that was definitely one of the best romance anime series in years. Excited about the movie for sure.
Sep 19, 2019 1:30 PM
Oct 2013
It was cute, maybe they spend all their budget in the concert episode, but still, a very enjoyable final episode. I want more, tho.
Sep 19, 2019 1:41 PM
Aug 2018
Uenoyamas reaction was so funny i cant😂 Since the manga isnt finished yet i think there definitely will be a season 2 since it was also kinda left on a cliffhanger but yeah i adored this anime and i think it honestly has to be my favourite
Sep 19, 2019 1:46 PM
May 2014
Uenoyama's reaction reminded me a lot of Masahiro's 'emergency' scene in Hitorijime My Hero. Still priceless. I'm glad the episode got resolved and tied into a knot. It was also cute that they told the others, too.

Is it only me, though, or is it implied that Mafuyu's next song actually would be the show's ending theme? That would be adorable in itself xD
Sep 19, 2019 1:51 PM

May 2017
What an awesome show. I'm excited we'll be getting a movie in the future; that's good news!
My only real complaint about this anime is how lazy the animation can be, but that's about it, everything else was genuinely entertaining and beautiful in my opinion.
Sep 19, 2019 1:59 PM

Jan 2017
The first 3-4 minutes were an absolute GOLD!

Sadly I have the feeling that this anime ended when the best part was about to begin. Maybe one day we will get a S2 or at least a OVA.
Sep 19, 2019 2:01 PM
Aug 2017
I'm gonna miss this show now that it's over but I enjoyed every second. My favourite part of this episode was 100% the look inside Uenoyama's head just seeing him freak out was hilarious, and the scene of the couple going around telling the bandmates was adorable af. So until season 2 and until the next chapter of the manga ALL ABOARD THE MOVIE HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS
Sep 19, 2019 2:25 PM

Mar 2018

Why did it have to end?! Amazing show and another amazing episode. Loved Ue's reactions, they were so hilarious. Can't wait for the movie.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 19, 2019 2:31 PM

Jul 2017
I maybe the only one, but I didn't enjoy this show at all. It's a shame since I love music
related shows but other than the live performance (which was good), I just could not get into this show one bit. A shame but I just felt like venting this out.
Sep 19, 2019 2:38 PM

Aug 2018
Gardevoir101 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Uenoyama continues to be priceless, nice episode to end the season.

For those who wanna read the manga, this season adapts Chapter 1 to Chapter 15 (half way), a few scenes from Chapter 16 onwards with some anime only scenes.

thank you so much I was looking exactly this <3
Sep 19, 2019 2:43 PM
Aug 2011
[Haruki's] Expectation: I'm going to join a band!
[Haruki's] Reality: I don't remember adopting these kids...
Sep 19, 2019 3:01 PM

Mar 2014
A wonderful finale to a great adaptation. I'm so happy this is getting a movie, BL series rarely get sequels so this is great, especially knowing they'll focus on Haruki and Ugetsu and Akihiko!! Can't wait for 2020. I hope the movie's length will be sufficient to cover the upcoming arc <3
Sep 19, 2019 3:32 PM

May 2015
The start of the episode was honestly hilarious. I'm so glad to see their feelings were pure and mutual, and that they actually started dating.

Overall, 9/10 from me. I haven't read the manga so I went into this blind, but I absolutely adored it. The characters, drama, comedy and music were spot-on and it was such a good watch from start to finish. I'm sad to see it end, but I'm looking forward to the upcoming movie. I also may check out the manga at some point, especially as its getting licensed in English, but I'm not really the biggest fan of reading manga that's still publishing.

♡ artist
サコ
Sep 19, 2019 3:36 PM

Sep 2011
I love how Uenoyama confirmed if Mafuyu meant that he liked him in a romantic way before completely freaking out internally over their mutual love. xD That meeting between the many parts of himself was priceless, and I like how something he said just six months ago came back to haunt him. lol I'm kind of sad that we 'skipped' to them getting 'permission' from Haruki, and Akihiko to date instead of seeing how they worked it out, but it was adorable, especially the way they hugged Haruki and how Akihiko was simply cool with it, so it's fine. I'm also kind of sad that Haruki told them to hide their love, but it was Haruki of all people who said it, so he only meant the best for the band, but it's sad that they can't be open about it.

It was really great to see Mafuyu hanging out with Hiiragi, and Shizu too. Kedama continues to be the cutest, and I didn't expect to see Mafuyu "bullying" Hiiragi like that. xD Haruki's birthday party was nice, but he didn't deserve that surprise pie attack. xD Also, Take-chan is really the best. He is always helping them. Their photo session was nice, and it was endearing to see Mafuyu and Uenoyama bonding over their struggle with literature. xD Mafuyu also left a big impression on Ugetsu, who wants to see him again, and Mafuyu and Uenoyama are really together. I'm sure it won't be a smooth ride all of the time, but it's bound to work out as long as they truly care about each other. I'm sure Haruki, and Akihiko are always going to be there for them too. I'm sad it's over, but I'm glad a movie was already announced. I would prefer a second season, which would have more running time. But I will gladly take it, and trust the people behind it to do a great job like they did with the anime.
Sep 19, 2019 4:05 PM
Mar 2015
So the boys confessed and the band said it was OK Now Mayfu can move on
Sep 19, 2019 4:09 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fayrin said:
I love how Uenoyama confirmed if Mafuyu meant that he liked him in a romantic way before completely freaking out internally over their mutual love. xD That meeting between the many parts of himself was priceless, and I like how something he said just six months ago came back to haunt him. lol I'm kind of sad that we 'skipped' to them getting 'permission' from Haruki, and Akihiko to date instead of seeing how they worked it out, but it was adorable, especially the way they hugged Haruki and how Akihiko was simply cool with it, so it's fine. I'm also kind of sad that Haruki told them to hide their love, but it was Haruki of all people who said it, so he only meant the best for the band, but it's sad that they can't be open about it.

It was really great to see Mafuyu hanging out with Hiiragi, and Shizu too. Kedama continues to be the cutest, and I didn't expect to see Mafuyu "bullying" Hiiragi like that. xD Haruki's birthday party was nice, but he didn't deserve that surprise pie attack. xD Also, Take-chan is really the best. He is always helping them. Their photo session was nice, and it was endearing to see Mafuyu and Uenoyama bonding over their struggle with literature. xD Mafuyu also left a big impression on Ugetsu, who wants to see him again, and Mafuyu and Uenoyama are really together. I'm sure it won't be a smooth ride all of the time, but it's bound to work out as long as they truly care about each other. I'm sure Haruki, and Akihiko are always going to be there for them too. I'm sad it's over, but I'm glad a movie was already announced. I would prefer a second season, which would have more running time. But I will gladly take it, and trust the people behind it to do a great job like they did with the anime.

I heard that they don't have enough source material yet, movie length seems to be a perfect fit though.
Sep 19, 2019 4:15 PM

Jul 2015
Can't wait for the movie, I was really glad everything turned out for the best. My only regret is that Mafuyu and Uenoyama relationship didnt have more space (I'm aware this was the last episode but, I mean, I wished they had more overall screentime and plot in general), as well as I expected another kiss (;_;)
Sep 19, 2019 4:52 PM

Jul 2017
And that brings this show to an end. Like @LocalTrashcan said the only real complaint is that the animation kinda felt lazy at times, but oh well

It was pretty good all around, ep.9 just killed it

I give it Cool Uenoyama/10
Sep 19, 2019 4:55 PM

Jul 2012
The opening scene was SO funny lmao
Pretty nice episode to wrap things up.

I didn't expect to like this anime as much as I did, but it was my favorite from this season. I'm so glad it's got a movie coming out! I can't wait!
Sep 19, 2019 5:05 PM

Jul 2017
The opening cinematic of Uenoyama experiencing love FOR THE FIRST TIME has me ROFLing out loud, and to think that this existed in the manga, that is now animated, simply WOW. IT'S MUTUAL LOVE Uenoyama!

Even Haruki is taken aback, being the LAST member to know of the relationship between Uenoyama and Mafuyu, say some that's left for Akihiko who knows a thing or two.

Mafuyu with Hiiragi and Yagi in a moment of meeting, and seeing him "bully" Hiiragi felt so good and funny.

And celebrating Haruki's birthday together with the band made it for a pretty good finale, with Uenoyama and Mafuyu in the backdrop.

As we reminiscence in the next steps of Mafuyu...we'll never know until the movie next year!

What an awesome BL series! And definitely can't wait for more from the movie!
Sep 19, 2019 5:21 PM

Oct 2009
Um... well... okay?

As nice as the photoshoot and party scenes were, and as funny as everyone's faces were, this was... really anticlimactic for an ending? Which is not necessarily bad, but definitely strange. The way the previous episode ended, that was on a rather high note, and this comes off as a follow-up to that, with not much else at all. Just like the 11-episode season feels like it has a deficit in a world where 12-episode seasons are the default/standard, the episode itself feels like it's missing something for a series/season finale (whichever it ends up being). I dunno. Like I said, it just felt weird.

Oh, yeah, the ED not being subbed. It's like the entire episode in itself: it's there, and it's more of the same usual stuff we've grown to love... but something's amiss.
yellowheartrenSep 19, 2019 5:25 PM
Sep 19, 2019 5:34 PM

Nov 2016
Had low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. More BL series should be grounded like this one. Of course that's just the male non fujo who doesn't want to see fetishization.

Liked this series a lot for the proper balance of comedy and seriousness. The drama was never overplayed and felt genuine. Characters were also very likeable and I even ended up shipping.

I would've liked to see more, but it can't be helped if there's not a lot of source material to adapt. Good stuff so far and I will also make sure to check out the movie.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 19, 2019 5:45 PM

Oct 2015
I really enjoyed this series, but I didn't even realize this was the last episode until I went to update my MAL. ^^; At least it's getting a movie.
Sep 19, 2019 5:54 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Uenoyama literally had no response to Mafuyu's confession and it looked liked he was on the verge of a mental breakdown. I'm glad he pulled himself together. I wonder how long can Mafuyu and Uenoyama can keep their relationship a secret because its only a matter of time before fans start connecting the dots as the band gets more popular. I'm satisfied with how the anime ended and I'm going to start reading the manga. I'm not into BL stories, but one of the reasons why I like this series is because it drives home the concept that music can bring people together regardless of race, religion, or sexual orientation. I give this series a 9/10 and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.
Sep 19, 2019 5:56 PM

Sep 2011
animejas said:
I maybe the only one, but I didn't enjoy this show at all. It's a shame since I love music
related shows but other than the live performance (which was good), I just could not get into this show one bit. A shame but I just felt like venting this out.

You aren't the only one. It's like there are 3-4 large chunks of puzzle solved but they haven't been put together. Even if you tried to put them together they wouldn't really connect cleanly. By themselves the story of the band and the romance are interesting, but when the show tried to put them together it just became a mess. I don't think 11 episodes was enough to convey the story they wanted to tell, and as a result the edges could not be refined enough to connect everything together.
Sep 19, 2019 6:07 PM
Jan 2019
Really adored this show. I had to actually binge read the manga in between episodes because I just couldn’t wait for the next one. I loved that they were never fetishized. It was wonderful seeing the romance being treated respectfully.

This has definitely been my anime of the season and it might end up being the best of the year for me.
Sep 19, 2019 6:19 PM

Oct 2010
this was really nice
Sep 19, 2019 6:36 PM

Oct 2015
For a last episode it was so laid back, and hardly anything dramatic or super heartwarming worth mentioning. Yeah, they've decided to date, but it didn't feel epic or brightening. I'm disappointed that there was no singing in this last episode.

But it was a nicely paced series, but too slowly paced at some point! The characters were alright, along with the plot and the animation. But the music was great though, particularly that Mafuyu song and opening song. Will watch the movie sequel though.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 19, 2019 7:33 PM
Jan 2019
I love how Uenoyama's inside works
lol that virgin Uenoyama, but I rather chose the cool Uenoyama

I want season 2 and hear his second song or movie if they plan to make
Sep 19, 2019 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
The hype for the movie !!
Sep 19, 2019 8:40 PM

Aug 2015
Seriously a lot of cute moments in this ep. Uenoyama's inner-selfs scene was too funny :p Loved seeing the little sunshine, Kedama :3 And when the guys were all embarrassed hehe, love them ^^ Ahh~ I want more, can't wait for the movie :)
Sep 19, 2019 9:31 PM

Mar 2019
I would have liked it to continue, very good anime 8/10!

PD: Uenoyama reactions are gold
Sep 19, 2019 9:38 PM

Jan 2017
Having read the manga while waiting for episodes to air, I knew what this episode was going to be like. So thankful for chibi gay panic uenoyama to be animated. Overall a good episode that follows the manga, so I'm happy! Can't wait for the movie to be aired so I can finally be fed my Ugetsu content!
Sep 19, 2019 9:53 PM
Jan 2019
Ohhh! I love ❤️❤️❤️

My favorite BL anime after NO.8
Sep 19, 2019 10:06 PM

May 2017
Well that doesnt feel like final ep to me... I want more TTATT
Uenoyama reaction are always priceless lol
Overall enjoyable and relaxing series, can't wait for the OST.
Sep 19, 2019 10:29 PM
Aug 2017
Need season 2 for Harukihiko ship to sail.
Sep 19, 2019 10:49 PM

Aug 2018
I took up the cour around episode 8 and I honestly regret nothing : a truly beautiful piece of work. Probably my biggest surprise for this Summer 2019, the movie announcement made me very happy !

Sometimes my YouTube recommandations suggest me Mafuyu's song from episode 9 and I can't ignore it so I casually take another 3 minutes to rewatch this amazing part.
Sep 20, 2019 12:07 AM
Jul 2018
Okay show was okay I guess. Not really one of my faves and I was bored as hell at some parts, but I am kind of curious about the movie and will most likely check it out, so it's not like I completely dislike it.
removed-userSep 20, 2019 12:12 AM
Sep 20, 2019 12:10 AM

Jul 2016
Man, I really love the comedy in this series. The opening sequence with Uenoyama freaking out internally had me laughing like a madman xD

Super wholesome finale, a really nice way to conclude this anime if I'm honest.

Overall, this series was really good and I'm glad I ended up enjoying it this much. Personally, I really liked how the drama was handled. It never felt forced and the balance it had with the comedy was simply perfect. Serious when it had to be serious and funny when the mood allowed it.
Regarding the cast, the main characters were all likeable and most of the secondary ones were quite nice as well. Furthermore, I was also gladly surprised with how engaging the chemistry between the band members felt. Probably, the strongest point in the series if you ask me.

7,5 -> 8 - Leaving second cours aside, this was easily, my favorite anime this season. Really looking forward to the sequel movie!
Sep 20, 2019 12:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That didn't really feel like an ending to me, but I guess that's what the movie is for? Though the manga is still publishing so maybe not even that will fix it

That aside it was a pretty solid show all-round. Not amazing but quite wholesome and believable

7/10
Sep 20, 2019 1:15 AM

Nov 2018
That meeting inside Uenoyama, there's even an "angel me"
"You guys are going to start dating? You're not dating yet, are you?"
"I just told him how I felt yet." lmao this pro gay
Haruki and Akihiko are such gay guardians to them I laugh. That hug they gave to Haruki.
Lol Mafuyu knows better about Akihiko's place than Ue does
"Should I sing you a support song" ye sing it to him Mafuyu, he will melt
Mafuyu to Uenoyama: Do you want to tea
Mafuyu to Hiiragi: -gets asked if he has tea- What are you here for
Lmao Mafuyu's treatment of Hiiragi is hilarious.
"I mean... I've been trying not to say that this whole time!" "Please, don't say any more! I'm so embarrassed about that smug look on my face!" lmao
Mafuyu and Uenoyama being science students in love with mutual indifferent feelings towards modern literature
"That's why you are Ritsuka." "Huh? Uh... yeah. I guess" and then Ue asking Mafuyu about him being born in Winter and him confirming it, that was lovey-dovey
What can I say, I loved this anime. More BL/Men's love series should learn from this. Looking forward to the movie.
Sep 20, 2019 1:27 AM

Mar 2016
This was great!! I really want a second season. After four months, I am sure they will have enough material for it. A film is just not enough. :( Hope it's a recap film that gets released before a new season!
Sep 20, 2019 1:47 AM

Aug 2019
It was such a laid back anime even with the incredibly heavy themes of suicide and loss that it carried. And everyone was just... nice, be it our 4 MCs (Haruki is the MVP, he deserves all the happiness in the world), Take-chan, Mafuyu’s friends, Ritsuka’s sister and Yuki- oh dear Yuki who is also a nice guy... just all these nice kids I want nothing but nice things for all of them. Such a pleasant watch, and the fact that the adaptation of Mafuyu’s song lived up to expectation, amazing. 9/10.

Can’t wait to watch the movie and break my heart into a million more pieces bUT in the meantime I’m just gonna be satisfied that they’re all happy and smiling in this last episode and that cutest doggo Kedama made an appearance today again.
Sep 20, 2019 3:14 AM

May 2017
I'm so happy that now there's another shounen ai anime, besides Doukyuusei, that isn't full of the usual vile tropes. My expectations weren't that high when I started watching Given but I really enjoyed this show. The series got better nearing the end and also had some funny moments. And it makes me so hopeful to see some healthy gay representation in anime.
JanuliSep 20, 2019 3:21 AM
Sep 20, 2019 3:21 AM
Sep 2015
They try to make 'no relationship within the band' myth sounds like a real practice, but there's no such thing, not in the present, not in the past, not inside Japan or outside.
Sep 20, 2019 4:12 AM
Sep 2019
Nice episode to end the season.
Sep 20, 2019 4:36 AM

Nov 2016
I loved the whole anime, their characters, the comedy, the drama, the music, this is definetly the best BL anime in the whole anime industry.

Now all I have to do is wait for the movie the next year.
Sep 20, 2019 5:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty cool finale and a nice set-up for the upcoming Movie!

Uenoyama's inner crisis was mad hilarious, he's really grown over the eventful six months xD. Seeing him and Sato take Haruki and Akihito-senpai's blessings plus their reactions was a really nice treat too, good thing it didn't led to the downfall of the band in all honesty.

I'm guessing Haruki's friend there is slowly catching on meanwhile, lol. Loved their hilarious reactions to the shoot, it's amazing how synchronised they are except for Sato.

I wonder what Sato's next song will be about, iirc he wanted to make a song on Uenoyama this time so probably lesser of the depressing lines but looking forward to it nonetheless!

Looks like they're setting up Haruki x Akihito very nicely for the movie, interested to see how that'll delve forward.

Overall, it was a pretty good show with intriguing elements of mystery and a bit dragged out romantic developments though. The side-characters in particular were fairly interesting though and some of their comedic interactions were gold! Production-wise, the animation remained really good throughout and the sound department on top of its game too!

Given happens to be very first full-fledged Shounen Ai anime too so there were instances of awkwardness for me and I can say for certain that I'm still not exactly open to this genre just yet.

Good 7/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Given Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tubby - Jul 18, 2019

114 by Antoinn »»
May 21, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tubby - Jul 11, 2019

169 by JacobRules »»
May 1, 9:43 AM

» I'm a straight guy, can I watch it?

removed-user - Oct 29, 2023

36 by NekoCats »»
Mar 2, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tubby - Jul 25, 2019

85 by gorkoo »»
Jan 23, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 5, 2019

249 by Craneface »»
Jan 9, 1:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.