Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 18, 2019 1:21 PM

Jan 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm really liking this series so far. Uenoyama and Mafuyu's relationship has a very natural development to it, and the scene at the end where Mafuyu starts singing was really great.

Also some great comedic moments in this episode.
Jul 18, 2019 1:22 PM

Jul 2017
OST is pretty on point, has a very lively vibe to it

Also seems like a potential love triangle is on the horizon
Short_CircutJul 18, 2019 1:34 PM
Jul 18, 2019 1:26 PM

Dec 2018
Sato has an awesome voice omg :3
Jul 18, 2019 1:41 PM

Nov 2008
This is going places. I'm into it.
Jul 18, 2019 1:46 PM

Mar 2017
Wooooow! Wen Mafuyu started singing i got chills! Bless him, he is such an angel and he freakin' sounds like one too haha

I'm loving the comedy that comes from Uenoyama & Mafuyu being total opposites and the two older bands members, Kaji & Haruki, just being derpy goofs hehe

I can't believe how much i already love this anime, i care about the characters so much already too and literally can't wait for the episodes to be released each week.... WHY ISN'T THIS ANIME GETTING MORE ATTENTION?!
Jul 18, 2019 1:46 PM
Aug 2018
The OP is awesome.
Jul 18, 2019 1:48 PM

Mar 2017
Short_Circut said:

Love triangle? Between who? I see something developing between Mafuyu & Uenoyama (obviously) but i don't see it with anyone else?
Jul 18, 2019 1:50 PM

Jul 2017
kater_tot said:
Short_Circut said:

Love triangle? Between who? I see something developing between Mafuyu & Uenoyama (obviously) but i don't see it with anyone else?

That girl who was friends with Uenoyama, gave that cliche susp look when he walked out. Could be just reaching but can't rule out the possibility :P
Jul 18, 2019 1:54 PM
Apr 2019
OMFG MAFUYU-CHAN'S VOICE!!!!!!
I got shivers when he sang :3 uwu
Jul 18, 2019 2:00 PM

Apr 2012
Good stuff. Hope all the character interactions can stay this natural.
Jul 18, 2019 2:09 PM
Jul 2013
Short_Circut said:
kater_tot said:

That girl who was friends with Uenoyama, gave that cliche susp look when he walked out. Could be just reaching but can't rule out the possibility :P

There is a love triangle but its laaaaaater on between other characters actually (and one of them hasnt even appeared yet tbh)
Jul 18, 2019 2:10 PM

Mar 2017
Short_Circut said:
kater_tot said:

Ahhh, you're right! I did catch that actually... hopefully it won't be a big deal cause i already ship the shit outta Mafuyu & Uenoyama haha
Jul 18, 2019 2:11 PM

May 2019
Damn and Mafuyu's voice. Definitely wasn't expecting that at all. This series is definitely going to be a great one. Also the OP is great too. Great song choice for the series
Jul 18, 2019 2:30 PM
Apr 2019
When Mafuyu sang and Ritsuka listening, I was so good. Reminded me a lot of Carole and Tuesday when they first sang and played their instruments. Breathtaking.
Jul 18, 2019 2:34 PM
Jul 2017
Mafuyu's voice was unexpected!! I really like it actually but I'm wondering hos he's gonna sing.

Jul 18, 2019 2:59 PM

Sep 2011
Uenoyama strummed Satou's heartstrings with that chord he played, and Satou made Uenoyama's heart skip a beat with his voice. I loved it. Uenoyama is looking after him while trying his best to teach him. Satou isn't disappointing him either since he is a fast learner. Haruki and Kaji are great too, despite all the smoking. I love that Uenoyama wants to have a body like Kaji's, and that they are always working together when they can. He feels like a big brother, and it's precious. And it would be nice if they all went to visit that "fancy café" in which Haruki works sometime. I'm loving how they are slowly getting to know each other, and I'm glad that Satou was already invited to join their band. I loved his "la la la~♪",not as much as Uenoyama, but I can't wait to hear him singing a song with lyrics. xD
Jul 18, 2019 3:01 PM

Mar 2017
Sato's singing moved Uenoyama's heart. Inviting him to join the band too? Nice.
Jul 18, 2019 3:03 PM

Dec 2011
Interactions between the main duo and the other two band members are so natural they're actually enjoyable ♥ This series is really promising.

Mafuyu's excitement over learning his very first and currently favorite chord was also fun to watch. I wonder what else he has in store apart from the singing voice that will surely sound even better with some neat lyrics. The story regarding Mafuyu's guitar is bugging me, too.

Waiting for more!
Jul 18, 2019 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
kater_tot said:
Wooooow! Wen Mafuyu started singing i got chills! Bless him, he is such an angel and he freakin' sounds like one too haha

I'm loving the comedy that comes from Uenoyama & Mafuyu being total opposites and the two older bands members, Kaji & Haruki, just being derpy goofs hehe

I can't believe how much i already love this anime, i care about the characters so much already too and literally can't wait for the episodes to be released each week.... WHY ISN'T THIS ANIME GETTING MORE ATTENTION?!
kater_tot said:

homophobia, this is the point!
Jul 18, 2019 3:17 PM

May 2015
Wow, it went by so fast, I thought it was just half the episode but then the ed started playing.

The singing was unexpected although, on second thought, it doesn't surprise me. Really like it so far.
Jul 18, 2019 3:21 PM

Apr 2018
This anime is so good, I'm even surprised !
I don't really know why but I'm really into it. The characters, the pace, the dialogs... Everything is very pleasant.
Jul 18, 2019 3:41 PM
Mar 2015
Sato has a great voice.
Jul 18, 2019 4:01 PM

Jul 2019
I always wanted to know what Mafuyu's voice would sound like ever since I read the Manga and now that I actually heard it, I'm blown away. His voice was exactly how I pictured it to be, I'm in love with this series.
Jul 18, 2019 4:02 PM
May 2019
I'm reading manga, so far so good :3
Anime is great and I know I will watch this 2 episodes few more times before next episode haha
Awesome music and singing, pretty boys, boys love, what do you need more!? :D
Jul 18, 2019 4:08 PM

Mar 2016
Lol, Mafuyu knows nothing! Uenoyama is quite an impressive guy for being able to teach him.

Kaji and Haruki look like a couple.

It was so cute when Mafuyu got scared after the band members had surrounded him.

After months of curiosity, we finally got to hear Mafuyu sing. He was actually quite good. Although, they continued the singing for a bit too long and it started feeling awkward.

So far, this and Vinland Saga are the only animes I am really enjoying this season.
Jul 18, 2019 4:36 PM

Apr 2013
I didn't expect myself to like this show when I first heard of it.
The character and their chemistry just feels right and dialogues flows naturally
Let's hope when there is a drama, when it kicked in, it will be something that retain the same feeling aand direction as the first two episodes.
Jul 18, 2019 4:56 PM

Oct 2013
So far, so good.

Oh man, Mafuyu's singing got me the goosebumps. And the ending! :D

I'm a manga reader so I'm just patiently waiting for the scenes where this anime would rip my heart out, rip it in pieces, then plaster it and put it back again.
Jul 18, 2019 5:43 PM

Sep 2017
Still really liking the overall tone of this show. Sato is a bit of a space cadet with how little he knew about guitars. Still pretty good anyway.
Jul 18, 2019 6:01 PM

Nov 2016
Yeah, good character chemistry and laid-back development are making this an ideal feel good watch.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 18, 2019 6:10 PM

Jul 2013
This episode passed so fast

Mafuyu's voice is pretty nice and I like the ED song he sings

Also liked the short bonding between Haruki and Kaiji (?) the two older bandmates
Jul 18, 2019 6:11 PM
Feb 2018
This chapter really smooth... ah, i love it.

Did anyone realize, when they discus about part time job in cafe, mafuyu dazen at the magazine and ask "do all people in band... have part-time jobs?", his hand grip at it. Well, for a moment i though there is something about it.
Jul 18, 2019 6:49 PM

Oct 2015
Sato has a good voice, that was really good!

I also think that girl likes Uenoyama or something, judging by the way she looks at him. I like how they're building up the plot so far, it isn't really rushed to be precise.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 18, 2019 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
I loved this episode. It flowed naturally and had many funny moments along with cute ones. The music in the background is nice too. You can tell they are putting effort and love into this adaptation. I am so happy. Also, Ritsu looked so good in almost all shots.

Next week's episode is definitely going to kill me. I am not ready.
Jul 18, 2019 8:22 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I'm glad I gave this series a chance and I'm looking forward to next week's episode.
Jul 18, 2019 9:12 PM
Jul 2019
Short_Circut said:
kater_tot said:

just keeping an eye out for a friend, nothing wrong there
Though keep an eye out for her too. She holds vital information
Jul 18, 2019 9:30 PM

Jul 2017
VisCHiio said:
Short_Circut said:

just keeping an eye out for a friend, nothing wrong there
Though keep an eye out for her too. She holds vital information

yeahhhh I've seen enough anime to know what that kind of stare entails. But a user above already indicated that she's not involved in that sense so welp
Jul 18, 2019 10:14 PM

Jul 2011
I read all available chapters of the manga in one night so I was very excited and nervous to hear the music and song parts in the anime, but so far it's been amazing. I'll be preparing tissues if next episode we'll get the actual song.
Jul 18, 2019 11:41 PM
Mar 2019
Another good episode, i really love the slow pacing they do in this series. Also mafuyu voice at the ed are pretty nice, can't wait for more
Jul 19, 2019 12:30 AM
Jan 2019
That voice.. omg ^w^ -drools- gotta love this even more now
Jul 19, 2019 2:04 AM

Oct 2008
Another fine episode!
for sure that Lala singing of Mafuyu triggered something within Uecchi! kyaaa! lolz
4/5.

Jul 19, 2019 3:45 AM

Jul 2017
Nice character interactions with Mafuyu, Uenoyama and the band crew. The music helps to distribute the iyashikei feel.

This episode felt slow-paced but it's nothing all that bad, actually I prefer it though. Even though Mafuyu is a tad slow in learning, but he can "pickup" fast.

Dat final moment with Mafuyu, his singing I can anticipate in the manga, but much surprised at the anime adaptation's impact.

Damn good episode. Looks like this is filling the void of last year's Banana Fish well.
Jul 19, 2019 4:07 AM

Apr 2014
Short_Circut said:
kater_tot said:

If you ask me the most potential love triangle is who Mafuyu will love the most, his dog or Uenoyama. I haven't read the manga but
Jul 19, 2019 4:12 AM

Feb 2011
Mafuyu's voice is so beautiful!!

I really like this episode!
Jul 19, 2019 4:52 AM

Sep 2009
pleeease let them fall in love :D omg! this show looking real good!

Check out~ ♥ Some quality AMV:s made with love ♥ My Youtube
Jul 19, 2019 6:07 AM
May 2018
I like these new airing animes dealing with music or music bands. I hope it won't turn to something naïve or whatever you want that just erase their pleasant side (especially Given) :v
Jul 19, 2019 8:11 AM
Jan 2019
Mafuyu’s voice has such a sweet and vulnerable tone to it, it’s really lovely to listen too. Both of these episodes have made me ‘awwww’ out loud. I’m enjoying it a lot so far. Can’t wait for the pain.
Jul 19, 2019 8:23 AM

Mar 2017
waynossauro said:
kater_tot said:

kater_tot said:

Ah man, it really pisses me off wen people refuse to watch such great anime just because it's shounen ai/ Yaoi or shoujo ai/yuri. The one that annoys me the most is Banana Fish... it's such a brilliant anime and i know so many people that won't watch it cause it's tagged shounen ai (even though it isn't...)
Jul 19, 2019 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
kater_tot said:
waynossauro said:

Ah man, it really pisses me off wen people refuse to watch such great anime just because it's shounen ai/ Yaoi or shoujo ai/yuri. The one that annoys me the most is Banana Fish... it's such a brilliant anime and i know so many people that won't watch it cause it's tagged shounen ai (even though it isn't...)
I feel the same. But there is a lot of internalized homophobia in the world.Also, what does it matter if there is a gay couple? Anyway, in next episode some of us might need tissues.... That preview ending has me shook
Jul 19, 2019 8:55 AM

Mar 2017
beminim said:
kater_tot said:

I feel the same. But there is a lot of internalized homophobia in the world.Also, what does it matter if there is a gay couple? Anyway, in next episode some of us might need tissues.... That preview ending has me shook

I totally agree with you! Ah, i don't watch the previews cause i don't wanna give anything away but now i'm worried.... i can't handle the feels this early on!
Jul 19, 2019 9:45 AM

Jul 2016
Good episode. Mafuyu still bothers me a lot hahaha He's so annoying!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» I'm a straight guy, can I watch it?

removed-user - Oct 29, 2023

36 by NekoCats »»
Mar 2, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 19, 2019

133 by Kildzoo25 »»
Feb 10, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Given Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tubby - Jul 25, 2019

85 by gorkoo »»
Jan 23, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 5, 2019

249 by Craneface »»
Jan 9, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 12, 2019

78 by fealtyy »»
Dec 16, 2023 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.