Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 10, 2017 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, we're getting more focus on that Marie girl. She's been a big question mark in this show. Kinda felt bad with the way others were treating her tbh...

The bed scene led to a big misunderstanding so I'm not that surprised.
I can't stand Kasumi this episode, felt like she got more annoying as a character.

Not much action this episode and it seems to be building a character connection between Ren and Marie.

ED card:
Stark700Nov 10, 2017 8:33 AM
Nov 10, 2017 9:39 AM
Feb 2016
Finally Shirou, now Ren's story genre can finish it's change.

Byebye nichijou
Nov 10, 2017 10:31 AM

Oct 2012
It is stupid how much I smiled because of Marie.
Nov 10, 2017 10:40 AM

Jun 2015
Got to see some backstory for Marie. She lived a terrible life because of what she is. Her interactions with Ren was amusing. Shirou came at the right time. His entrance was pretty cool.
Nov 10, 2017 11:05 AM

Aug 2014
Well it was still missing out on enough it shouldn't have that it ticked me off but I guess by the DEEN/SN standards of this adaptation it wasn't the worst ep.
Nov 10, 2017 11:39 AM

Oct 2012
Suddenly the show is moving at pace us viewers can understand. The guillotine song sure is creepy when sung by a little girl.
Nov 10, 2017 11:41 AM

Sep 2007
If you walk in on a friend in bed with an attractive person, what do you do?
1) Apologise and go away, or pretend you didn't see anything
2) Hit them and scream at them for daring to have sex

I definitely like the childhood friend a lot less after this episode (not that I liked her in the first place eh)

And during Shirou's scene, Shirou was just... sitting there and spacing out? And letting his GF do all the talking? Without moving at all? I know this show has a budget issue and all but that discussion was weird, he felt like a zombie.

Definitely the worst episode so far.
Nov 10, 2017 11:45 AM

Oct 2012
modboy said:
Suddenly the show is moving at pace us viewers can understand. The guillotine song sure is creepy when sung by a little girl.

This is essentially the start of the 'Marie' Route, so they've finished rushing through the prologue. They're still rushing through a considerable amount of content though.
Nov 10, 2017 12:34 PM

Aug 2015
Pretty nice episode.

I'm amazed they only adapted chapter 5 of the VN considering is the shortest one IIRC. So now the pacing will probably slow down, I hope.

A little fanservice with Marie there, but God, Kasumi's reactions were almost as funny as they were in the VN. The only thing missing was Ren's fourth wall breaking thoughts about the dark BGM, lol.

Goth Lolita Marie = best Marie

Shirou "The Madman" Yusa is finally making his appearance along with Eri "The Troll God" Honjou. Best duo are in the house!

Ren using his power to cut the gun was nice, though I wish they would have shown Shirou's crazy smile while examining the cun pieces.

Sakurai in the L.D.O. uniform was nice, and the upcoming fight it's HYPE, at least for me.

Lastly, it was kinda weird to see Marie almost with 0 personality. Non-VN readers don't worry, she was the same in the VN, but it gets a lot better in the following episodes after
Nov 10, 2017 1:13 PM
Feb 2016
Kiraly said:
If you walk in on a friend in bed with an attractive person, what do you do?
And during Shirou's scene, Shirou was just... sitting there and spacing out? And letting his GF do all the talking? Without moving at all? I know this show has a budget issue and all but that discussion was weird, he felt like a zombie.

That's how Shirou acts what did you want them to do? make him do push-ups or run around like some little kid? In the VN he mocks and teases Ren or just stays very quiet observing and reading his body language while he lets Ellie do the talk, same that happens here.

Nov 10, 2017 1:25 PM

Sep 2013
Marie the guillotine girl materializes and goes around town with kasumi after she yells at ren.
Shiro and eri arrive too, they want in on the action.
Nov 10, 2017 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
This was surprisingly better than the other episodes. So far I'm digging the pacing and the concept right now, so this is good for a change actually.

Marie btw looks so cute and all. From what I'm aware

Pacing is a bit rough or off but better on grasping things.
Nov 10, 2017 1:58 PM

Nov 2013
Not much interesting stuff happened in this episode, beside the initial scene with Marie’s backstory. Merc and his smooth prose kind of made the scene even better.

All that aside and the episode was a rushing mess, especially in terms of transitions. Oh well, at least we finally had Shirou properly introduced in the story. Can’t wait to see him steal the spotlight next week.
KaitonNov 10, 2017 3:38 PM

Nov 10, 2017 2:18 PM

Jan 2016
The episode is so agreeable. Every episode should end with Shirou
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...
Nov 10, 2017 2:30 PM

Nov 2014
The show feels back on track now. The story made more sense, was easier to follow, and was pretty funny.

I hope Bey gets his ass kicked in the next episode. That guy is annoying.

Solid 4/5
Nov 10, 2017 3:17 PM

Oct 2015
Well ill be, this episode was great!

Marie's backstory was depicted sufficiently, tho they couldve mentioned that it took place in Brittany during the French Revolution. Speaking of Marie, i love how she's depicted overall. She's well animated and depicts her aloofness perfectly that the VN didnt do for me.

Shirou is best guy as usual. Personally i wish Shirou was the MC because Ren can be such a stick in the mud sometimes despite being interesting in his own way. Wilhelm has a great voice as well.

I honestly thought we were gonna end with

from how the pacing up until now was. I guess the show is finally slowing down, which is good, less missed content.

Overall great episode, i can actually look forward to future episodes without groaning on the inside.
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Nov 10, 2017 7:13 PM

Oct 2013
This anime feels like the bastard child of Fate/Apocrypha with another Edgy Shonen.

So, we have Nazis that want a War...a war for what? For a Grail that will grant them wishes?

And MC-kun is just your average Joe that got involved because some fate?
Kasumi just accepts that Marie suddently appeared there.

And Shirou somehow went from punk rebel to Alex Jones levels of wokeness and found the Ancient Magical Nazis that are waging a war against some poor sod that is also his bro?

Also...Cagliostro and a Relic? is this Symphogear?

At least the show is back on track.
Nov 10, 2017 7:14 PM

Aug 2014
Wasshio said:

That's a bit of a hard question to answer, I wouldn't say there is a real main heroine per say. That said, the anime is adapting her route/the third out of four routes.
Nov 10, 2017 8:04 PM

Nov 2014
Wow, they finally slowed down. The staff must've been hit by Eine Faust Overture for this to happen.

Anyways, great episode. Hoping it continues at this pace.
Nov 10, 2017 10:33 PM
Jul 2015
Soooo, the main heroine is his right hand? Probably the most realistic aspect of this show. Fucking ninja motorcycles. Ren should be pretty powerful now right? Since he (should have) absorbed Spidermans souls last episode.
Nov 11, 2017 12:09 AM
Nov 2017
Jagh said:
Soooo, the main heroine is his right hand? Probably the most realistic aspect of this show. Fucking ninja motorcycles. Ren should be pretty powerful now right? Since he (should have) absorbed Spidermans souls last episode.

No, Spinne's souls were absorbed by the town (Shambala) to open the new Swastika at the park. Ren still stuck with only one soul (Marie).

This episode pretty much is the best in pacing and adaptation. Kasumi is being her usual annoying self, and Shirou is in his usual jerk yet not a jerk self. And Ren's conversation with Marie at the end also give some hints on his relationship with Shirou for those who have read Rea's route.
Nov 11, 2017 1:47 AM
Mar 2011
Kurogane_Shini said:

No, Spinne's souls were absorbed by the town (Shambala) to open the new Swastika at the park. Ren still stuck with only one soul (Marie).

You are a bit wrong on that part. It was not explain in the anime but at this point it was already clearly explain in the VN but
Nov 11, 2017 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
Wasshio said:
This was surprisingly better than the other episodes. So far I'm digging the pacing and the concept right now, so this is good for a change actually.

Marie btw looks so cute and all. From what I'm aware

Pacing is a bit rough or off but better on grasping things.

Hmm not really, depends on what route you are looking at. The anime is adapting her route so she is the main heroine there.
Nov 11, 2017 2:29 AM

Jul 2014
So we got some backstory on Marie, in conjunction with the ridiculous yet amusing guillotine song. It was kinda interesting, I suppose, even if I could have done without all the stuff with Kasumi that occurred because of that. Guess we're now gonna see what this Shirou guy is all about, as he's prominent in the OP but has been notably absent until this episode.
Nov 11, 2017 3:54 AM

Feb 2016
Still have no idea what the fuck is happening, is this comedy, edgefest or some weird jumbled mix of random crap.

The only thing worthy to come out of this show:
~♪♫♬~

血 血 血 血が欲しい
ギロチンに注ごう 飲み物を
ギロチンの渇きを癒すため
欲しいのは 血 血 血

~♪♫♬~
Nov 11, 2017 8:33 AM

Sep 2007
E96825 said:
That's how Shirou acts what did you want them to do? make him do push-ups or run around like some little kid? In the VN he mocks and teases Ren or just stays very quiet observing and reading his body language while he lets Ellie do the talk, same that happens here.

The whole directing in that scene was off. Shirou felt less "watching your prey" and more "spacing out".
Nov 11, 2017 8:59 AM

Oct 2013
Getting better & better! Looking forward to Shirou & Ren's interactions as they seem to have an interesting dynamic ~ partners in crime ~ huh? Sound's spicy. They remind me of the two main characters(or well, you could say one...) of an old but great movie called Fight Club. One of the two's the more tamed one, while one's a more wild one, with the more tamed one in a way wishing he could live as freely as the other. They're both "partners in crime" though, and don't exactly like to feel restricted. Ren seems pretty aloof at school for instance, and while he talks about keeping his normal life, part of him still wishes to live more freely ~ which seems to be what Shirou's doing, although it seems it's freedom taken to the point where it becomes chaotic.
ManlyTearNov 11, 2017 9:02 AM
Nov 11, 2017 10:13 AM
Nov 2016
I honestly think that this show would've fared better if there wasn't an EpO.... Ep 0 led to a lot of confusion.

So we finally get to meet Shirou, Ren's bff who's also very good at fighting....
Nov 11, 2017 1:29 PM

Jan 2014
This is so incoherent. I'd put this show on the same level as Chaos;Child, which isn't a good sign lol.. I like the ending song, though. It reminds me of The Hex Girls from Scooby Doo for some reason.. maybe the vibe?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 11, 2017 3:59 PM

Sep 2017
Pacing was pretty good this episode. Loved all the Kasumi moments, shame she's not listed as a main.
Nov 11, 2017 7:08 PM
Feb 2016
ProofByColor said:
Pacing was pretty good this episode. Loved all the Kasumi moments, shame she's not listed as a main.

You shouldn't base yourself on the characters MAL puts there, for example Shirou is listed as a side character and he only has less screentime than Ren probably. She does have a scenario in the Visual Novel though, I think this one is adapting Marie's route so you'll see a bit more focus on her than the others.

Still the heroines even in their routes are overshadowed by Ren, Shirou and some of the male nazis
Nov 11, 2017 7:20 PM

Nov 2014
ProofByColor said:

We're going with Marie's route so expect less Kasumi. Even in her own route, Kasumi doesn't really do anything.
Nov 12, 2017 1:04 AM
Apr 2015
So basically they (fantasy nazi's) weren't even trying to hide their tracks since the whole world knows them as the number one terrorist group...

So after what Spinne did to the city in the previous episode, i expected the gouverment/military to barge into Ren's room ... like in Re creator. Only to find out that his dropout underaged "friend" who was hiding in his local night club all these years covered up for him...

Euhm what?... So conveniently his "friend" has the influence to cover up the missing dead bodies, all the explosions and destruction that happened etc.
Who is this guy again? Jesus helping hand?
Nov 12, 2017 3:37 AM

Sep 2014
frenze12 said:
So basically they (fantasy nazi's) weren't even trying to hide their tracks since the whole world knows them as the number one terrorist group...

So after what Spinne did to the city in the previous episode, i expected the gouverment/military to barge into Ren's room ... like in Re creator. Only to find out that his dropout underaged "friend" who was hiding in his local night club all these years covered up for him...

Euhm what?... So conveniently his "friend" has the influence to cover up the missing dead bodies, all the explosions and destruction that happened etc.

In the VN the LDO generally cleaned up the dead bodies in the cases they were involved, and they didn't cause too much damage to the surroundings. So what was left for the police was generally a bit of property damage and missing people(notable exception being Rusalka and Willhelm chasing Kasumi over the bridge).
Spinne wrecking the entire neighborhood in the anime kinda throws that out the window though.

And about Shirou covering for them, in the VN he specifically said he had the police distracted until Ren and Kasumi got away. It probably would have been good to have him say as much in the anime too.
There is no sanity here, we are madmen engaging in usless folly.
Nov 12, 2017 12:53 PM

Sep 2009
Yeahh, it's still pretty bad =X
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 12, 2017 6:43 PM
Feb 2016
frenze12 said:

Yes because the police and govenrment can definetely go against the plans of a cosmic asshole watching from a throne in the middle of space like Mercurius right? you don't seem very logical.
Suwahara City was created for the "war" just like Mercurius/Krafft said in episode 0 and there's higher powers at play that ensure nothing gets in the way. Ever since it's foundation nobody has ever left the city they might die there but no matter what the number of people reached a point where it doesn't change anymore, not like they actually know this(that they can't exactly leave) since free will doesn't exist in Dies Irae, people might think that they have choices but they don't everything is set in stone since the beginning, couple of exceptions here and there.

"Jesus helping hand?" Zarathustra's maybe
E96825Nov 12, 2017 6:51 PM
Nov 12, 2017 8:25 PM

Jul 2015
Naked girl in bed... SO THIS IS THE WHERE WERE GOING. I'm not complaining of course, I loved every bit of that first half. EVERY SINGLE BIT. Best episode of the series so far... I enjoyed it way too much. Rest of the episode was pretty normal for this series.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Nov 12, 2017 10:44 PM
Jul 2016
What happened here? completing this episode felt like a chore andI absolutely hated it. I felt like I missed an entire episode. Was I supposed to know who the hell his friend is? I am left with too many questions. My main is why would I bother continuing this anime.

I was always on the fence about this anime but this episode was the reason I needed to cut it short. I'm guessing that I was supposed to fell excited about the entrance of that "Friend" at the end. My guess is that I am actually missing quite a by not reading the VN that everyone's commenting about. Time to rate the series and move on.

Before anyone takes offense. The topic promotes the discussion of episode 5. I gave my honest opinion.
EsQueueNov 12, 2017 10:51 PM
Nov 12, 2017 11:50 PM

Aug 2014
EsQueue said:
Was I supposed to know who the hell his friend is?

Well, this one is all on you and not the anime
Nov 12, 2017 11:54 PM
Jul 2016
Insertanamehere said:
EsQueue said:
Was I supposed to know who the hell his friend is?

I guess. I don't know how I missed him all 4 previous episodes. You don't disagree that I should quit it though.

One question, did you read the Visual Novel or manga if there was one?

If yes, it would be difficult to see where I am coming from. If that was the guy from the first episode where they had that stupid fight, a good anime would show a quick flashback to let you know who this guy is.

The not good for those who only anime watcher at all.

Aquamirror said:
Still have no idea what the fuck is happening, is this comedy, edgefest or some weird jumbled mix of random crap.

The only thing worthy to come out of this show:
~♪♫♬~

血 血 血 血が欲しい
ギロチンに注ごう 飲み物を
ギロチンの渇きを癒すため
欲しいのは 血 血 血

~♪♫♬~

LOL, is that the blood song? I do like that for some odd reason.
EsQueueNov 13, 2017 12:09 AM
Nov 13, 2017 1:56 AM

Oct 2008
Looks like Ren can now handle the mid level oppositions!
Marie is so hot and adorable!
4/5.

Nov 13, 2017 3:33 AM

Aug 2014
EsQueue said:
Insertanamehere said:

I guess. I don't know how I missed him all 4 previous episodes. You don't disagree that I should quit it though.

One question, did you read the Visual Novel or manga if there was one?

I don't disagree, it's bad and clearly not friendly toward those who haven't read the source, but is rather quite apparently intended for the KS backers

Flashbacks would be fairly needless, but they should've spent more than 2 minutes on the rooftop scene.
And yes, I did.
Nov 13, 2017 3:33 AM

Aug 2014
BloodyRaccoon said:
Kurogane_Shini said:

You are a bit wrong on that part. It was not explain in the anime but at this point it was already clearly explain in the VN but

No actually, he has it right, Ren even explicitly says he only has Marie's soul, but also she alone is
Nov 13, 2017 5:11 AM

Jul 2015
MortalMelancholy said:

Thanks to you for these outstanding arguments that invite to discuss on a topic "discussion", I think it must be nice to discuss anime with you.
Nov 13, 2017 5:15 AM

Sep 2009
UltimaWeaponEX said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Thanks to you for these outstanding arguments that invite to discuss on a topic "discussion", I think it must be nice to discuss anime with you.

Well, I can't really see how discussing how bad something is could be enjoyable, unless it's bad to the point where it becomes a sort of duty to open the eyes of the blind and foolish. But it's not that bad; just generically bad, so there's only so much that's worth discussing.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 13, 2017 5:17 AM

May 2017
BaKasumi is such a wife material

MC's harem is growing lol
Nov 13, 2017 8:21 AM

Feb 2014
Finally its showtime!!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 13, 2017 4:27 PM
Feb 2016
EsQueue said:
What happened here? completing this episode felt like a chore andI absolutely hated it. I felt like I missed an entire episode. Was I supposed to know who the hell his friend is? I am left with too many questions. My main is why would I bother continuing this anime.

I was always on the fence about this anime but this episode was the reason I needed to cut it short. I'm guessing that I was supposed to fell excited about the entrance of that "Friend" at the end. My guess is that I am actually missing quite a by not reading the VN that everyone's commenting about. Time to rate the series and move on.

Before anyone takes offense. The topic promotes the discussion of episode 5. I gave my honest opinion.

Not only did he appear in episode 1 he's been mentioned like 20 times through the series so far.

Being retarded has a limit
Nov 14, 2017 9:17 AM

Apr 2015
Marie dissapears not due to Ren sensing LDO's near whereabouts and Kei appears before Bey in the end scene huh? Not really that bad of an episode compared to all the 3 previous episodes of atrocity. But from here on, I sense a huge detractment incoming, smh.
Nov 15, 2017 3:21 AM
Aug 2017
EsQueue said:

I haven't read the VN but I know he is the one Ren fought on the rooftop from the start of episode 1. It was obvious.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is the VN as bad as the anime?

FireFistYK - Dec 9, 2017

12 by PunGood020 »»
Oct 10, 2023 1:23 PM

» Shinza Banshou

AkatsukiUlquiora - Dec 1, 2020

3 by InstantRamenKing »»
Apr 26, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Dies Irae Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

78 by NoviSun »»
Mar 20, 2021 12:58 PM

Poll: » Dies Irae Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2017

88 by ReaperCreeper »»
Dec 29, 2020 5:05 AM

Poll: » Dies Irae Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2017

76 by Vindicater »»
Oct 19, 2020 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.