Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 7, 2017 7:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah the girls are back!

It's so wonderful seeing them again and getting back into this season was easy. I do expect more performance later in the season as this episode felt like a setup for the rest of the episodes . Chika is adorable as ever. Both theme songs are catchy although I am more personally amused by the ED theme song.
Stark700Oct 7, 2017 8:09 AM
Oct 7, 2017 7:07 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Nice start. Lets see if the show keeps the quality of previous seasons.

Oct 7, 2017 7:08 AM

Sep 2013
Looking forward to more Riko. ♥
Oct 7, 2017 7:10 AM
Mar 2016
Really dig the OP song. That stage was so beautiful.

I really miss this show.
Oct 7, 2017 7:35 AM

Jun 2013
Whoo!! Finally I can see my lovely girls again weekly. I love the Opening song <3
Kitan~!
Oct 7, 2017 7:41 AM

Dec 2014
Best girl Riko is back! <33

The new OP is nice, but I miss the old ED :( looking forward to more songs~
Oct 7, 2017 7:47 AM

Nov 2008
Yoshiko having her mom walk in on her in full fallen angel costume is hilarious.

Oct 7, 2017 8:10 AM

Nov 2008
They piled on the drama just a little too heavy in the second half, but a fabulous and Shiny episode regardless.
Oct 7, 2017 8:12 AM
Nov 2016
The music while on the field was really great.
Looking forward to this season and the music it brings with it.

Oct 7, 2017 8:14 AM

Dec 2014
That was fantastic, SECOND SEASON NO START DESU!! XDD

AQOURS ARE BACK. <3
I like how this episode is called Next Step and I assume it's in relation to the actual Aqours Next Step project.

The very opening scene of the show made me grin so much, god I've missed this. The OP was beautiful, I literally teared up watching the damned OP. I don't know why I am so weak to this franchise. XD

Looks like the school is actually in deep trouble this time, seeing Chika and the girls depressed over it made me really sad. :(

The soundtrack is fantastic as always, I think it was called 'Friendship'? The OST that plays towards the end when Chika reflects on the things they've done. That OST is so beautiful.

The girls meeting up at the field at the end made me grin so much, such a beautiful scene and it's basically one of the things I love so much about the franchise. The overflowing optimism and positive vibes.
Let's get this miracle underway! Aqours! Sunshine! Kinda wish they'd done the hurdle now.

That You and Riko blush at the end when Chika does the flip. <3
My only complaint about this episode, THERE WAS NO YOUSORO! Like seriously? Why not? :(

The ED is so adorable, we HAPPY PARTY BUS now! XD
I love how they kept the shot of the girls holding hands in the ED. :)
Lelouch0202Oct 7, 2017 8:19 AM
Oct 7, 2017 8:19 AM

Dec 2014
Ok episode, I didn't expect more from this episode as I did for the first season so I wasn't disappointed.

The new Op is great but I prefer the old ED.

My 2 favorite moments...

Oct 7, 2017 8:29 AM

Sep 2009
I dig the new OP and ED and the episode was quite good overall but I think it was a bit too cheesy this time and some of the reactions were too dramatic. I can't relate to loving school which wasn't a problem in the original (I'm sorry that there's already a comparison) but here it's sort of shoved down your throat.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Oct 7, 2017 8:31 AM

Nov 2016
LOVE LIVE IS BACK BABY!!!
I really liked this first Episode. It seems they couldn`t save Uranhoshi from closing yet even tho they didn't turn that zero into only a 1 but a 10. Hopefuly they can save their school SOON :C
I really Liked the new OP. Too bad my phone broke and I Can't Play it in SIF.
The ED song is also good but not as good as the OP. Really Hyped to see thew new songs :3
P.D: Hopefully they go to tokyo again and end up going to The Kousaka's Candy Shop. I WANT TO SEE THE OG BEST GIRL AGAIN!!!!
GokaiKingOct 7, 2017 8:37 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2017 8:50 AM

Sep 2016
you think this can't be better than season 1? BU BUUU DESU WA!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 7, 2017 9:00 AM

Dec 2013
Idk, the fanservice felt too distracting this time around. Like you're building a dramatic atmosphere but won't hesitate to have shots of Chika's ass while they're in turmoil over their school? Its little things like that which take away the impact of the message they're trying to sell, and ends up feeling extra.

Solid 4/5 episode with the nitpicks out of the way. Can't wait to see how Aqours strive to save their school next week.
Oct 7, 2017 9:12 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i always forget how much i fucking love this until its airing again

so perfectly kawaii >/////<

just show their panties dammit... they know they want to

also, whoever voted:

It was OK

Disliked it

Hated it

ill fucking kill you >:(

Neraizel said:
Idk, the fanservice felt too distracting this time around. Like you're building a dramatic atmosphere but won't hesitate to have shots of Chika's ass while they're in turmoil over their school? Its little things like that which take away the impact of the message they're trying to sell, and ends up feeling extra.

oh look, obligatory

"i have a one track mind"

"i have a low attention span"

"fanservice this, fanservice that"

crybaby comments
Oct 7, 2017 9:19 AM

Aug 2015
Pretty satisfying so far.. I'm happy that the anime finally starting to take a different path from the original one, like how the ending animation goes and the storyline too.. How they lost is pretty logistic too, so... 4/5 liked it.

Edit: even so, aren't people rating too fast for the whole anime itself? The anime only has one episode so far... Lol XD
Meira_EveOct 7, 2017 9:25 AM

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Oct 7, 2017 9:41 AM

Sep 2008
Meira_Eve said:
Edit: even so, aren't people rating too fast for the whole anime itself? The anime only has one episode so far... Lol XD

At time of writing, there's a review up already! :D

Good episode, I dig the thigh/ass service which seriously is a trademark of this series.
Art/animation/sea water CG seems a step up from the last season, thanks to drones buying love gems, marked-up merch and live tickets like no tomorrow.

I feel good about the direction this season seems to be taking.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Oct 7, 2017 9:42 AM

Oct 2014
Neraizel said:

Solid 4/5 episode with the nitpicks out of the way. Can't wait to see how Aqours strive to save their school next week.

dude, this is love live!
Oct 7, 2017 9:46 AM

Jul 2016
A bit too melodramatic in the second half of the episode, but the episode was still pretty good and developed a foundation for the rest of S2. I've noticed that the CGI in the OP looks much better compared to last season and the HAPPY PARTY TRAIN MV, which is nice.

Solid 4/5 for me. Let's hope they give some character development to my girl Kanan this time around.
Miyazaki said:
"Anime was a mistake blessing. It's nothing but trash gold."
Oct 7, 2017 9:50 AM

Dec 2015
Yoshiko is me when my parents (try to) walk into my room
•••Everyone wants to connect with someone else•••
~Kiznaiver
Oct 7, 2017 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
After waiting for this like second coming of Jesus Christ our Lord, this... I got THIS???

>overused character tropes really rubbing it to point of annoyment
>look Dia says bu buu desu wa again hahaha no FUCK YOU Sunrise
>Riko did the funny square mouth lets put it everywhere
>stupid 3rd year drama trainwreck party again
>stop fucking teasing the audience with Chika pantsu magic skirt just show them or behave you goddamn Sunrise fuckwits

No non ono nono nonoonon don't ruin this now ples
Oct 7, 2017 9:59 AM

Sep 2015
The OP is so flashy! And the ED is like every other Love Live ED, and I love it!
I think the story is gonna be more intense than the original's S2, the fact that the school hasn't been saved yet makes me sure of it.

not sure if average highschool girls can do this (and only if they wanna reveal their pantsu lol)
aspaknyaaOct 7, 2017 10:03 AM
Oct 7, 2017 10:04 AM

Oct 2015
Pretty okay start. I somehow agree that the drama was too heavy for a first episode. Tbh this felt like a buildup for a finale but I guess it works too. Good thing they diverted from someone leaving the group. At first I though Mari would leave goos thing that wasn't the case. Lmao chika's magic skirt thoughv. I don't see why you would be pissed on using the character's trademarks though?
dariken said:
After waiting for this like second coming of Jesus Christ our Lord, this... I got THIS???

>overused character tropes really rubbing it to point of annoyment
>look Dia says bu buu desu wa again hahaha no FUCK YOU Sunrise
>Riko did the funny square mouth lets put it everywhere
>stupid 3rd year drama trainwreck party again
>stop fucking teasing the audience with Chika pantsu magic skirt just show them or behave you goddamn Sunrise fuckwits

No non ono nono nonoonon don't ruin this now ples
It isn't really third years drama though? Altough it seemed like it at first until they announced it so it basically a group problem and not just the third years :c
Oct 7, 2017 10:26 AM

Apr 2013
I'm here for the Yohane and the pairs and that's pretty much it.

Wish I had gotten LLSIP Season 3 last year and was now starting season 4, but Sunshine isn't unwatchable. Since, you know, I'm essentially watching the diet version of the stuff I did with the OG series. Lol.

Hopefully the rest of this season proves me wrong and Sunshine ends up with an identity. Trust me, I want that to happen. I want to like Sunshine.

Edit: Rather, since I wouldn't even really say I dislike Sunshine, I want to enjoy it the way I enjoyed the original without it rehashing the things that made the original great.
SJ7izmOct 7, 2017 10:35 AM
Oct 7, 2017 10:35 AM

Aug 2008
Goddamn drama in the first ep already?! I wasn't expecting this. ;_;

Enjoyed the first episode. I squealed when Kanan swept Mari off her feet.
Oct 7, 2017 10:41 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Drama right off the start was a bit too much for me.. watching Love Live is so satisfying though.

Tried finding the fanservice some people complained about but I couldnt, or do thighs count as fanservice now?
Should they be wearing burqas instead of school uniforms?
MeriuOct 7, 2017 10:45 AM
Oct 7, 2017 10:55 AM

Jun 2010
I wouldn't mind the drama if it was about something else. Saving the school again is boring and doesn't make an impact on me because we know how this is gonna end (or not, maybe in season 3 they will have to save the school again!!), I'm a little disappointed on the episode but I'm glad my best girls (Riko, Dia and Maru) are back!
Oct 7, 2017 10:57 AM

Jun 2016
Waaaaah. I'm so happy I finished its 1st season just in time before the 2nd season started airing. I miss these girls so much.

It's the just the first episode and yet it already made me cry. Yaaaaas, girls, don't give up! Keep on fighting. <3 Freaking love these girls so much! :"D

I loved the ED more than the OP this time. :)

Can't wait for the next episode.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 7, 2017 11:02 AM

Feb 2017
Riko was so cute in this episode, especially when she went "GAO!".
Oct 7, 2017 11:11 AM

Jun 2016
This episode was so chika (and 3rd years) focused~ ;_;
But it was a good start, i hope Ruby and You get more screen time in the next episodes (1st years in general too though)
ayumiisOct 7, 2017 11:15 AM
Oct 7, 2017 11:13 AM

Sep 2013
What a heavy ep right off the bat but looks like it will be more fun from now on.
Chika looking even more adorable than ever :)
Oct 7, 2017 11:31 AM

Dec 2015
there's no salvation from Yuri side for these two

Oct 7, 2017 11:58 AM

Jun 2011
The first episode of the Second Season is already better than u's Second Season, just from the fact it didn't start off with Chika making a speech stating that she's the new Student Council President. In fact, I don't understand how anyone could possibly hate this episode, I personally loved the drama added into it, and I like how it's not just magically giving them their school back, like they did with u's.
Oct 7, 2017 12:04 PM

Jun 2017
A decent start for the new season. Catchy opening and ending themes but still nothing on par with original Love Live.
p00p
Oct 7, 2017 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
Why can't Sunrise just give up on this shitty "saving the school" plot? And I wish Sunshine would me more grounded like the first Love Live. The first season of Sunshine already had some things that were a little hard to swallow and this one is asking for even more suspension of disbelief.

Apart from that this was a solid first episode, I'm just not buying this "let's make a miracle happen" BS.
Oct 7, 2017 12:26 PM

Aug 2013
Damn you Sunrise. You could at least have done an op sequence without that cancerous 3DCG...
Now I need to skip op in every episode.

Pipe said:

Well, previous season of Sunshine has literally 0 quality, it won't be too hard to beat it.
I just hope for more original LL direction.

And again school saving? Are you kidding me?
rsc-plOct 7, 2017 12:53 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 7, 2017 12:29 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
rsc-pl said:
Pipe said:

Well, previous season of Sunshine has literally 0 quality, it won't be too hard to beat it.
I just hope for more original LL direction.

HeheheL, I am not sure if they will keep the original LL direction. I always complained about that but I am still having some hope (My hope usually dies in the mid of the season).

Oct 7, 2017 12:48 PM

Nov 2010
My favorite show of the season is here <3

Loved the episode. didn't expected the drama with Mari's father. but i guess there's gonna be a miracle. :)

And i need more Zura.
Oct 7, 2017 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
My girls are back aw yiss

Third-years' trainwreck, and we might expect a worse one after that.

GAO

OP and ED are awesome as well.

"Sorry, I can't speak Japanese" -Mari Ohara, 2017
rly ni🅱🅱a?
Oct 7, 2017 1:12 PM

Jan 2014
How do you redeem the pile of shit that was last season?

This is how.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2017 1:23 PM

Jun 2015
First episode and I already shed a tear...GO AQOURS!
Oct 7, 2017 1:31 PM
Oct 2011
Its only episode 1 and Yohane is soo cringy already - -. She could rival Asta on the annoying level. Riko and Chika being best girl as usual, while You is set back at the burner as usual.
Pen3Oct 7, 2017 1:49 PM
Oct 7, 2017 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
Last season soundtrack was nice but now it's even better :)

Lelouch0202 said:
The soundtrack is fantastic as always, I think it was called 'Friendship'? The OST that plays towards the end when Chika reflects on the things they've done. That OST is so beautiful.

It's a new one, but the one before that is this.
Oct 7, 2017 1:43 PM

Sep 2014
Best Anime of the Season has finally arrived, time to rebuild my profile.
Oct 7, 2017 2:09 PM

Aug 2007
Oh no, my school is in danger again. I will talk to my friends dad! Whats the logical thing to do: Run, tun as fast as you can, no matter if you don[t know where is that person!
Oct 7, 2017 3:04 PM

Dec 2012
Nice to see this show back.
Good episode & lovely to see the girls again. OP & ED song are good. Quite catchy which is always a plus for me.

Drama already. Great to see everyone so positive & determined not to give up.
Wonder what miracle is going to happen.

LOL Mari's Engrish always makes me laugh.
Looking forward to seeing more.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 7, 2017 3:29 PM

Dec 2016
Good start to the second season!

Lovely to see the girls back in action and more determined than ever. Mari's use of english has expanded it seems, haha. Kanan holding Mari bridal style was also super adorable. The OP and ED are good, as always.
Interested to see how the open house ceremony drama plays out.
Oct 7, 2017 3:52 PM

May 2012
Love triangle between Chika, You, and Riko? hnng
Oct 7, 2017 5:28 PM

May 2014
Dear fucking lord, the authors of this show are absolutely obsessed with "save the school" plots. I seriously, seriously hope that that's not going to be the sole focus of the plot AGAIN. I was already sick of it last season, and now they're just scooping up the shit and re-hashing it seriously again?

I really, really hope they bring something in from out of nowhere to actually change things up, or this season is going to be just as garbage as the last. Holy shit, I am not impressed.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

129 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 21, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.