Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 28, 2017 5:29 AM

Jun 2017
So my girlfriend asked me to watch the movie Doukyuusei with her and I agreed before knowing what the movie was about. After I looked it up and found out it a shounen Ai which is one genre of anime I have never seen and personally I don't know what to expect out of it but hopefully it doesn't go full blown with sex scenes. On a meter from 1-10 how gay is this movie? Has somethings similar ever happened to you guys? Did you actually have a good experience after watching?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 28, 2017 5:34 AM

Mar 2016
Shounen ai means no sex, or implied sex.
Yaoi means sex.
At least know your definitions.
Doukyuusei is like a 2 or 1 on the gay scale.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jun 28, 2017 5:34 AM
May 2015
might wanna increase the speed then ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 28, 2017 5:35 AM
Jul 2018
Fr0stBite said:
On a meter from 1-10 how gay is this movie?

1000 out of 10. This is a gay series wtf xD
Jun 28, 2017 5:35 AM

Feb 2013
That movie is so softcore just watch it if it makes her happy. My ex used to make me watch it those kind of shows all the time, in the end they're just fictional characters, as long as they don't whip their dicks out you'll be fine (which they don't).
Jun 28, 2017 5:40 AM

Feb 2010
As someone who does not have an issue with homosexuality and mostly dislikes/avoids Yaoi because of how rapey and badly drawn it is a lot of the times, Doukyuusei was pretty good. It's a nice and cute romance that happens to be about two guys. Nothing super innovative, but a solid watch for anyone who doesn't hate romance or gay people.

As for 'how gay is it', the question makes no sense to me. People are gay, not movies. Does the question 'How Hetero is this romance movie?' make sense to you? It doesn't to me.
You can ask how graphic or explicit or rapey it gets and the answer for all 3 is not very much at all.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 28, 2017 5:54 AM

Jul 2016
Well even if its very gay or not, then I don't think you should mind. I mean your watching it with your GIRLFRIEND. at most you'll probably feel a bit uncomfortable but that's it. Unless you have a reason to feel uncomfortable... is she hiding some special "goods" down there? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
damn, the forums these days...
Jun 28, 2017 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
There are just a few kisses as I remember. You should be fine. :)
Jun 28, 2017 6:01 AM

Jan 2017
It's about first love and is actually really sweet, the animation is beautiful as well. You may find yourself enjoying it.
Jun 28, 2017 6:03 AM

Dec 2015
Hey at least it's not yaoi. I watched the movie a couple weeks back, wasn't that bad, only a few kisses here and there and some romance, that's all.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 28, 2017 6:16 AM

Jul 2013
Just make her happy and watch it together with her. Actually it's not that bad, it's quite good and it's very sweet. xD In my opinion (I'm a fujo trash) it's worth watching it. It's quite heart-warming and it's a perfect pick if that's your first time watching bl series (nothing too shocking and stuff like that).
Jun 28, 2017 6:17 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
bruh, the gf wants what the gf wants. do it.
Jun 28, 2017 6:21 AM

Apr 2016
Just remember - never go full homo...
Jun 28, 2017 6:23 AM

Jan 2013
JUST DO THIS AND THEN TELL US YOUR REACTION, PLS. XDD

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Jun 28, 2017 6:28 AM

Feb 2013
Why not?
Maybe she gets turned on by the movie and you will get lucky.
Jun 28, 2017 6:29 AM

Feb 2015
Do it for her, OP.
You may even like it.
Jun 28, 2017 6:31 AM

Apr 2017
Ulquiorra said:
Why not?
Maybe she gets turned on by the movie and you will get lucky.

+ Point with that and it will turned out well :D

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jun 28, 2017 7:37 AM

Jun 2012
Fr0stBite said:
On a meter from 1-10 how gay is this movie?

On a scale from one to ten, how straight are you, OP?
Jun 28, 2017 7:40 AM

Aug 2016
jeikobu11 said:

Surprised that I agree with you on this one.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jun 28, 2017 7:44 AM

Apr 2017
Be a supportive boyfriend, y'all!
This movie is simply a romantic story of two high school boys.
There are NO extreme mature scenes to die of, just die out of fluffiness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2017 7:53 AM

Sep 2016
Doukyuusei has no sex scenes and just has the odd kiss now and again, it really just focuses on the relationship. It's not that bad.

"Even if your soul disappears, your wishes and curses remain in this world."
Jun 28, 2017 8:00 AM

May 2017
What will happen if your girlfriend find this thread ?
Jun 28, 2017 8:04 AM

Feb 2010
Lufwa said:
jeikobu11 said:

Great Idea. I can already imagine the conversation:

'Here, boyfriend-kun, let's watch this movie together I'm really looking forward to it so please keep an open-mind about it.'
'Okay but only if we get it over as quickly as possible and ruin the experience in the process by speeding it up because otherwise it's gonna be painful because I expect it to be utterly shite since you want to watch it'
'Great idea boyfriend-kun, it's not like I actually want to watch the movie and was looking forward to it anyway so let's just treat it like something that needs to be over as quickly as possible and not as something actually enjoyable. I love you now more than before for enlightening me like that!'
Jun 28, 2017 8:06 AM
May 2016
It's actually pretty sweet and cute, nothing hardcore at all. It's a Pretty great movie.
Jun 28, 2017 8:06 AM

Aug 2016
Pullman said:
Lufwa said:

'Here, boyfriend-kun, let's watch this movie together I'm really looking forward to it so please keep an open-mind about it.'
'Okay but only if we get it over as quickly as possible and ruin the experience in the process by speeding it up because otherwise it's gonna be painful because I expect it to be utterly shite since you want to watch it'
'Great idea boyfriend-kun, it's not like I actually want to watch the movie and was looking forward to it anyway so let's just treat it like something that needs to be over as quickly as possible and not as something actually enjoyable. I love you now more than before for enlightening me like that!'

If you put it like that...then her calling you boyfriend-kun is cringey af. Though I admit that the scenario is pretty rude.

Jun 28, 2017 8:07 AM

Jul 2015
@Lufwa agreed, boyfriend-kun is cringey, daddy sounds much better (^:
Jun 28, 2017 8:08 AM
May 2015
Pullman said:
Lufwa said:

ahahaha good one. anyway they can increase at least 1.5x so that it isn't totally noticeable. So if a sex scene appear it won't last as long. You will thank me later.
Jun 28, 2017 8:09 AM

Feb 2010
Lufwa said:
Pullman said:

If you put it like that...then her calling you boyfriend-kun is cringey af. Though I admit that the scenario is pretty rude.

The point is that speeding up is an even worse suggestion if you're actually watching something with a friend or girlfriend. Especially if they are looking forward to it. If people want to ruin their experience for the sake of efficiency and getting things over with as quickly as possible, on their own it's just stupid but it's their decision. If you start bringing that to watching stuff with other people it becomes borderline offensive/rude.

Also idk how OP is referred to by his gf, boyfriend-kun was just a placeholder. I'M not trying to write a novel here, just make a point :>-
Jun 28, 2017 8:12 AM

Aug 2016
Pullman said:
Lufwa said:

The point is that speeding up is an even worse suggestion if you're actually watching something with a friend or girlfriend. Especially if they are looking forward to it. If people want to ruin their experience for the sake of efficiency and getting things over with as quickly as possible, on their own it's just stupid but it's their decision. If you start bringing that to watching stuff with other people it becomes borderline offensive/rude.

Also idk how OP is referred to by his gf, boyfriend-kun was just a placeholder. I'M not trying to write a novel here, just make a point :>-

Yes yes I acknowledge that the boyfriend-kun was just a placeholder, just poking fun at that point.

I see your point, I'd only say that as a joke to my close friends as an inside joke anyways.

Jun 28, 2017 8:17 AM

Jun 2016
Doukyuusei is probably the most beautiful shounen-ai show I've ever watched in my whole entire fujoshi life, and if you hate BL, then don't watch it; you might just end up hurting your girlfriend's feelings for loving BL.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 28, 2017 8:18 AM

Aug 2016
Overall opinion seems to be give it a try. So give it a try. However, since relationships are all blah, blah, blah, give-and-take, blah, blah, blah, then she's obligated to give something you want to share a try.

And frankly, if neither of you like the other person's interest, you know what is perfectly normal and healthy? To go do your own thing while they do theirs. You do not have to share EVERY interest. If you mutually respect one-another, you should be able to deal with having some interests that don't overlap.

Jun 28, 2017 8:22 AM

Feb 2016
Nah, stop being this way, you should be fine. The teacher scene is a bit cringe though.
Jun 28, 2017 9:02 AM

Feb 2013
watch it cause its gona get her horny and then its lenny face time benis in bagina
Jun 28, 2017 7:28 PM

Jul 2013
I know it's a bit late but if you haven't watched it, just watch it. It's not that bad of a movie, has an interesting artstyle and a more or less calm atmosphere. Probably less than a 3 compared to the usual guyxguy anime.
Jun 28, 2017 7:54 PM

Jul 2015
Fr0stBite said:
So my girlfriend asked me to watch the movie Doukyuusei with her and I agreed before knowing what the movie was about. After I looked it up and found out it a shounen Ai which is one genre of anime I have never seen and personally I don't know what to expect out of it but hopefully it doesn't go full blown with sex scenes. On a meter from 1-10 how gay is this movie? Has somethings similar ever happened to you guys? Did you actually have a good experience after watching?

Just because you agreed to watch it doesn't you have to sit through it all. Nor does she the right to force you to watch it. Dl;dw. But at least give it a shot
Jun 28, 2017 7:55 PM

May 2012
you can convince her to do anal by watching it.
Jun 28, 2017 7:58 PM
Mar 2015
Watch it. If you play your cards right you will get laid. Has worked for me in the past.
Jun 28, 2017 8:30 PM

Sep 2015
This might be your only chance to get laid
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Jun 28, 2017 8:35 PM

Feb 2015
Dude, the lewdest thing in that movie is aggressive back rubbing, it's fine.
Jun 28, 2017 8:47 PM

Jun 2016
Hilarious replies in this thread lol

Used to watch a shoujo ai movie (forgot the title) with my (now ex) boyfriend since he wanted to watch it with me. Was uncomfortable at first but got used to it halfway through.
Jun 28, 2017 9:03 PM

Aug 2016
Idk why but when I read the thread title I laughed.
Jun 28, 2017 9:17 PM

Aug 2008
After watching that, tell your girlfriend you both cosplay and have sex as the main couple.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 28, 2017 9:22 PM

Jul 2012
People already answered this but yeah, this movie is tame. It's a great movie and not pandering like other BL series (Junjou Romantica for example).
Jun 28, 2017 9:37 PM

Jun 2017
Well, if it's for your girlfriend go ahead and watch it. You'll live (probably), and you might get a little something extra if you know what I mean.
Jun 28, 2017 9:39 PM

Aug 2009
I haven't seen it myself, but it doesn't seem that bad. Did she at least promise you'd get something out of it or are you just trying to appease her? If you seriously don't wanna watch the movie, don't do it just cause you're gf is asking you. It makes you seem like a pushover tbh. Idk maybe that's just how the relationship dynamic is, but hopefully there is some give and take here and it's not all you just giving in to her demands.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 28, 2017 9:39 PM
Jan 2017
EriitoSenshi said:
Idk why but when I read the thread title I laughed.

Couldn't agree more and the answers are more hilarious.
Is this movie actually good the rating is pretty high for this movie.
Jun 28, 2017 9:41 PM

Nov 2007
People are acting like it's such an fuckin big deal because it's two dudes and not hetero couple....It's normal romance like any other, just with guys, wow terrifying.

It's a very good movie, Nakamura Asumiko is outstanding author...and I think more males should stop being losers and watch it.

but hey,i guess it's just year 2017 yet...world is probably not prepared for it.
Jun 28, 2017 9:45 PM

Aug 2016
jeikobu11 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA PERFECT TIME TO ADD THIS MEME.
Jun 28, 2017 11:15 PM
Jan 2017
jeikobu11 said:

It might be the first time you won't face the wrath of the people for what you wrote in a thread.Congratulations I guess.
Jun 28, 2017 11:18 PM
May 2015
JusticeLeagueDC said:
jeikobu11 said:

It might be the first time you won't face the wrath of the people for what you wrote in a thread.Congratulations I guess.

I'm justice, out of your league
~DC cnsubvjfv
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Doukyuusei (Movie) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zera - May 30, 2016

123 by JacobRules »»
Apr 30, 4:56 AM

» Consent

Justpassingby2 - Nov 21, 2021

9 by 031011 »»
Mar 31, 2023 8:54 PM

» How hardcore is this anime? Can striaght guy enjoy it?

Yatyear - Jul 4, 2016

25 by abystoma2 »»
Oct 27, 2021 4:54 PM

» Manga

ManiaAa - Jul 1, 2021

2 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Jul 1, 2021 8:21 AM

» Hyped?

removed-user - May 29, 2015

22 by Imlonleylol »»
Mar 11, 2021 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.